Pyrex

Re: Updated: Jeffrey Epstein 'found dead in cell' in New York

Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:18 pm

FBI: conspiracy theorist are a danger to society!

Also FBI: a notorious narcissist with tons of dirt on rich and powerful people being suicided while on suicide watch in Federal custody is totally believable, trust us.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

Aaron747

Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Pyrex wrote:
FBI: conspiracy theorist are a danger to society!

Also FBI: a notorious narcissist with tons of dirt on rich and powerful people being suicided while on suicide watch in Federal custody is totally believable, trust us.

Unfortunately it is believable - not all federal prison employees are the sharpest tools in the shed. But it’s obviously fishy nonetheless just given the circumstances of his case.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

ER757

Re: Billionaire Jeff Epstein (finally) arrested for underage sex

Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:59 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
Game over ! the guy is found dead in his cell.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49306032

If I may quote Jerry Seinfeld at his sarcastic best.... "gee, that's a shame"

ltbewr

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:20 pm

There was a court hearing yesterday Epstein attended where a lot of info was disclosed. One has to wonder that he knew he was going to die in jail anyway so might as well take the cowards way out, protect his friends and off himself. Of course, one has to wonder about the guards, if 'helped' him or turned their backs and let him or someone else do it. Remember, dead men tell no tales. Sadly, his victims lose their opportunity for justice as to him, likely the main cases will die due to no longer being a witness. Of course many involved with him are relieved at his death and some depending on their politics, alternating between Bill Clinton or Donald Trump were behind his death.

bennett123

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:24 pm

Very convenient for all the other pervs.

DIRECTFLT

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:11 pm

In all the media reports, the focus was only on Epstein's charges, and that he apparently committed suicide.

One station skirted around the question, but:

The Question that was not plainly asked, or answered was: "How is a such a profile person in custody on Suicide Watch able to commit suicide?"

Also, one report stated Epstein was not "dead" when the 911 responders took him to the Hospital. So, of points where a Professional Hit could have taken place, to insure Epstein tells no tales. There's a very long lost of powerful and important people that are glad of the events of today.

However, the Civil Suits and the discovery process will continue, now against the estate of Jeffrey Epstein.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Redd

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Took his own life my ass. He's got names and god knows what else on so many powerful people. I wonder who arranged his death. He was a billionaire, regardless of the verdict he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and 2 years tops at club fed.

DIRECTFLT

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Statement from Attorney General William P. Barr on the Death of Jeffrey Epstein

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Attorney General William P. Barr issued the following statement:

“I was appalled to learn that Jeffrey Epstein was found dead early this morning from an apparent suicide while in federal custody. Mr. Epstein’s death raises serious questions that must be answered. In addition to the FBI’s investigation, I have consulted with the Inspector General who is opening an investigation into the circumstances of Mr. Epstein’s death."

Press Release Number: 19-855

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/statemen ... ey-epstein
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

olle

Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:29 pm

Many people wanted this guy to go... From the uk royal family to the white house.

Did they not try to kill him 2 weeks ago?

wingman

Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:36 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Statement from Attorney General William P. Barr on the Death of Jeffrey Epstein

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Attorney General William P. Barr issued the following statement:

“I was appalled to learn that Jeffrey Epstein was found dead early this morning from an apparent suicide while in federal custody. Mr. Epstein’s death raises serious questions that must be answered. In addition to the FBI’s investigation, I have consulted with the Inspector General who is opening an investigation into the circumstances of Mr. Epstein’s death."

Press Release Number: 19-855

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/statemen ... ey-epstein

I wonder if the GOP will look into this as hard as they did with Seth Rich. Naaah, Trump truly raised the barr when it comes to loyalty.

cpd

Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:21 pm

olle wrote:
Many people wanted this guy to go... From the uk royal family to the white house.

Did they not try to kill him 2 weeks ago?

The current White House as well it must be said. Anyone with association with that creep would potentially have a reason to want him gone.

frmrCapCadet

Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:38 pm

If someone is determined to commit suicide short of tying them down hand and foot then force feeding them, they will succeed. And given the likely prison sentence he was facing it may have been a logical choice.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

TTailedTiger

Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:41 pm

Who the f cares. Thank you Mr Epstein for saving the taxpayers untold millions of dollars. I hope other suspects/prisoners will follow your example. Suicide is a right and all prisoners should be able to off themselves if they choose to.

DIRECTFLT

Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:50 am

frmrCapCadet wrote:
If someone is determined to commit suicide short of tying them down hand and foot then force feeding them, they will succeed. And given the likely prison sentence he was facing it may have been a logical choice.

He pleaded Not Guilty. Why would he first have his day in court, for someone who is "not guilty?"

Some have already speculated that this Epstein "suicide" is merely the cover for him to go into the Federal Witness Protection Program.

Aaron747

Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:59 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

He pleaded Not Guilty. Why would he first have his day in court, for someone who is "not guilty?"

Some have already speculated that this Epstein "suicide" is merely the cover for him to go into the Federal Witness Protection Program.

Because every attorney for the wealthy ever tells their client to plead not guilty. That doesn’t mean he didn’t see a sleazebag looking back in the mirror.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

alfa164

Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:03 am

frmrCapCadet wrote:

But logic and common sense - such as yours - and all the evidence at hand won't stop the conspiracy theorists in their tin-foil hats from posting all their ridiculous speculation and theories...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Airstud

Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:09 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

"Witness protection" from what? Underage girls have mafia cleaners working for them?
Pancakes are delicious.

bennett123

Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:50 am

Two points;

1. Innocent until proven guilty.

2. If he was guilty, then the evidence, (including his testimony) would have been explosive.

Redd

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:21 am

Airstud wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

"Witness protection" from what? Underage girls have mafia cleaners working for them?

Well, ignoring the fact that he had ''information'' about dozens of very powerful people doing paedophilic things, and could have used that information to reduce his sentence and bring said powerful people down in front of a judge, yes, it must have been the mafia cleaners.

It also may have been the mafia cleaners if you ignore centuries of history and similar murders.

If you don't find it odd that an extreme narcissist with cards to play, potentially hurting other very powerful people commits suicide, taking into account his wealth and connections and the probability that he wouldn't have served a significant sentence, if any at all, just decided to commit suicide? I have a $1000 set of steak knives to sell you.

I'm not saying he had been murdered, but It's very unlikely that a person like that would commit suicide and there are plenty of people who are feeling more comfortable with him having been 'removed'.

cpd

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:44 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Who the f cares. Thank you Mr Epstein for saving the taxpayers untold millions of dollars. I hope other suspects/prisoners will follow your example. Suicide is a right and all prisoners should be able to off themselves if they choose to.

Are you thankful because now he won't talk? Now we'll never likely uncover the whole sordid web, who was a part of it and none of them will likely face justice either.

Good that he is gone yes, but not good for delivering justice for those poor victims.

EA CO AS

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:39 am

No one was more surprised by Epstein’s suicide than Epstein was. :duck:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

WIederling

Re: Billionaire Jeff Epstein (finally) arrested for underage sex

Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:13 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Epstein could also be trying to use a medical excuse to get out of jail as being detained without allowed to post bail. I am quite sure many would like him silenced or dead to prevent him from ratting his sex buddies out.

Death probably is the best medical excuse for getting out of jail ever ( and guaranteed to work each time :-)
Murphy is an optimist

BN747

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:20 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
No one was more surprised by Epstein’s suicide than Epstein was. :duck:

Correct...I bet he was completely taken by surprise.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

StarAC17

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Redd wrote:
Took his own life my ass. He's got names and god knows what else on so many powerful people. I wonder who arranged his death. He was a billionaire, regardless of the verdict he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and 2 years tops at club fed.

Only if he gave up everybody.
He was going away for the rest of his life, even if the judge was generous on the statutory rape charges there were probably tons of financial crimes that would have kept him in jail for 25 years or so and if he were to get out he would be 91 and probably already on death's doorstep.

frmrCapCadet wrote:

Perhaps but nor from hanging, apparently the sheets in this prison were paper based and could not hold up a full grown man and the ceilings were 8-9 feet high.
The camera footage of the hallway outside his cell needs to be released to see whom went in and out of his cell or near in in the 24 hours before discovering him.

This is going to be up there in history with a lot of high profile deaths as probably not having an answer anytime soon if ever.

I heard a good point on this. Had this happened in Russia with a rich oligarch whom had dirt on other oligarchs and perhaps Putin, would anyone believe it was actually a suicide. Epstein had dirt on Trump, a former president in Clinton and dozens of elites all over the globe.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

AirplaneFixer

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:40 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
Redd wrote:

He was going away for the rest of his life, even if the judge was generous on the statutory rape charges there were probably tons of financial crimes that would have kept him in jail for 25 years or so and if he were to get out he would be 91 and probably already on death's doorstep.

frmrCapCadet wrote:

Perhaps but nor from hanging, apparently the sheets in this prison were paper based and could not hold up a full grown man and the ceilings were 8-9 feet high.
The camera footage of the hallway outside his cell needs to be released to see whom went in and out of his cell or near in in the 24 hours before discovering him.

This is going to be up there in history with a lot of high profile deaths as probably not having an answer anytime soon if ever.

I heard a good point on this. Had this happened in Russia with a rich oligarch whom had dirt on other oligarchs and perhaps Putin, would anyone believe it was actually a suicide. Epstein had dirt on Trump, a former president in Clinton and dozens of elites all over the globe.

You do realize you can make a mighty strong rope from paper. My uncle worked in corrections and would tell us all the ingenious ways inmates would fashion something out of paper, cardboard etc. And as far as the "hanging" method. Inmates don't hang themselves that way. I can almost guarantee you that this fool was found lying on the floor face down with his neck thru a loop of whatever he made it out of. Rope pinches carotid arteries, you pass out, voila.

BN747

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:17 am

New Yorkers know that 'whatever' those in charge want...they get (in this case, the cops).
Case in point, I'm an aggressive driver (a must in LA and New York City) and when in New York, 9 out of 10...I use rentals.
On a few occasions trying to get Newark Airport from downtown or midtown I usually go the Holland Tunnel - in LA, on the basin side of the Santa Monica mtns (the Valley lies north of that)..I know almost every side street in order the shave off time sitting in traffic with everyone else. In Manhattan, it's not that difficult given the layout is largely a pattern of perpendicular street grid. So as much as I tried on several occassions, I've done my best to 'cut the line' to get into the Holland, but those NYPD Traffic cops are laser like in catching people trying to pull that stunt and will force you to got back and get in line...the end of the line. That is meticulous and very detailed management. I remember double parking once for 2 mins to purchase a gift..came out and my rental is already being loaded onto a tow truck. Doggedly effective! It has to be or shit gets out hand in Manhattan in a minute!

Take it a notch. A friend of mine did a year at MCC (Epstein's last resident) and 4 at Rykers Island...according to him - No way the official Epstein story flies unless 'assistence' is provided.

If the traffic cops are that focused, the corrections guys have to be equally so or worse given the animal mentality of NYC criminals (smarter than your average criminal by far) so must be their guards - you can't pull a fast over traffic, jail guards or the cops. PLUS, Epstein had CONNECTIONS ...and anyone who knows millionaires ($10 mil and up), has cop friends...and I don't mean beat cops and desk sergeants - they connected with the Lt's, captains and chiefs, and that set up is every major city on Earth.

Do not dismiss the connections factor, esp. in NYC...it's huge! I mean ..'think about it', you don't think Epstein's (decades o)f doings went unnoticed because he was 'lucky'...do you?

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Redd

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:10 am

StarAC17 wrote:

I think you have a good point here. No one outside of Russia would believe it was suicide.

seahawk

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:44 am

The deep state strikes again.

ltbewr

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:13 am

News reports are saying that the assigned guards didn't check on Epstein (or others) for hours. Question is was that normal practice, that overworked on heavy overtime guards were just sleeping or did they intentionally not do checks so he would die. If intentionally didn't do checks, then were they paid off to do so then the question is by whom. Those guards on duty have been placed on suspension from duty, the warden in charge of the facility has removed from his job.

Also curious is that a female associate that has been accused of being a procurer of the young women for Epstein and knows a lot of what happened is missing.

The death of Epstein and his top procurer leads to even more speculation of some of the powerful and rich men from across the political spectrum involved making sure they are both silenced. Hopefully any evidence collected from the 2 in raids will provide answers and lead to some facing criminal charges, but I doubt any will.

casinterest

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:15 am

ltbewr wrote:
News reports are saying that the assigned guards didn't check on Epstein (or others) for hours. Question is was that normal practice, that overworked on heavy overtime guards were just sleeping or did they intentionally not do checks so he would die. If intentionally didn't do checks, then were they paid off to do so then the question is by whom. Those guards on duty have been placed on suspension from duty, the warden in charge of the facility has removed from his job.

Also curious is that a female associate that has been accused of being a procurer of the young women for Epstein and knows a lot of what happened is missing.

The death of Epstein and his top procurer leads to even more speculation of some of the powerful and rich men from across the political spectrum involved making sure they are both silenced. Hopefully any evidence collected from the 2 in raids will provide answers and lead to some facing criminal charges, but I doubt any will.

Let the coroner do his work. My suspicion though is that Epstein watched for patterns and knew the timing would be right that these guards weren't making the rounds as required and used that knowledge to commit suicide.

As for his legacy, I believe their will be enough evidence to allow some prosecutors to work for decades.
Where ever you go, there you are.

trpmb6

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:20 pm

AirplaneFixer wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
Redd wrote:

frmrCapCadet wrote:

You do realize you can make a mighty strong rope from paper. My uncle worked in corrections and would tell us all the ingenious ways inmates would fashion something out of paper, cardboard etc. And as far as the "hanging" method. Inmates don't hang themselves that way. I can almost guarantee you that this fool was found lying on the floor face down with his neck thru a loop of whatever he made it out of. Rope pinches carotid arteries, you pass out, voila.

This is why the regular 30 minute checks are important. It's not possible for him to have hanged himself in the traditional sense. The traditional sense being a breaking of the neck from an elevated position. No, far more likely that he simply cut off his blood flow and oxygen intake enough to slowly asphyxiate himself. Would have eventually passed out after what would likely have been a long 5ish minutes. But he wouldn't have died at that point. It would take quite some time before his body finally gave out - depending on how disciplined he was in maintaining position and not thrashing about. Though, may have been stuck in a Coma afterwards...

But conspiracy theories contain so much more entertainment value.

Update: Allegedly the guards fell asleep and then falsified documents stating they had regularly checked on him: https://thehill.com/homenews/457346-eps ... urs-report

I wonder when the guards will be suicided.

1989worstyear

Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:35 pm

Airstud wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

Not all were underage children. There were some that were adult women under NY and federal US law by being 16 and 17 years of age at the time of the alleged offences.

That said - doing anything sexual to a 16 or 17 year old is likely not going to go anywhere in the courts as they are of age and are considered old enough to know better.
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

ltbewr

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:12 pm

The guards could face Federal criminal charges for lying about their rounds entries. The (former) warden is assigned to a desk in the Philadelphia regional office of the US BOP.

frmrCapCadet

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Age 16 and 17 are protected by 'trafficking' laws IIRC
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

NoTime

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:32 pm

I'm not much of a conspiracy guy, but the more I read and learn about this entire situation, the stranger it gets.

Just go out and look at reputable sources, and see some of the oddities involved, and it starts to make you wonder...

BN747

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:43 pm

ltbewr wrote:
The guards could face Federal criminal charges for lying about their rounds entries. The (former) warden is assigned to a desk in the Philadelphia regional office of the US BOP.

Of course they will face charges - backlash fervor will dictate the charges - but what they will not do is...tell if any directives came from higher up.

BN747

Okie

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:07 pm

Redd wrote:
I think you have a good point here. No one outside of Russia would believe it was suicide.

All we are lacking at this point is for the coroner's report to come back with cause of death "inconclusive"

Okie

Spar

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:48 pm

NoTime wrote:
I'm not much of a conspiracy guy, but the more I read and learn about this entire situation, the stranger it gets.

Just go out and look at reputable sources, and see some of the oddities involved, and it starts to make you wonder...

There seem to be no shortage of people with vague innuendos.
What I don't see is any reason to think it is anything other than just another jailhouse suicide.

BN747

Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:53 am

Spar wrote:
What I don't see is any reason to think it is anything other than just another jailhouse suicide.

Easy Peezy...
Unfamiliarity with MCC, unfamiliarity with the concept of NYC power plays and connections...will lead anyone to conclude all jails (jail systems) are just like Mayberry RFD and Barney Fife.

BN747

Spar

Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:25 am

More vague innuendos.

BTW
It's so nice they named it twice.
New York, New York

trpmb6

Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Update...

Autopsy finds multiple broken bones in his neck. That can be consistent with hanging.. But given that his sheets were the paper sheets placed in these cells I just don't believe he could have imparted enough force to break his bones.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... edirect=on

NIKV69

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:56 pm

NoTime wrote:

Ya think? :crazy:
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

Aaron747

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:50 am

seahawk wrote:
The deep state strikes again.

There is no ‘deep state’. There are however powerful and wealthy individuals who are able to avoid trouble in various ways, as may have happened here.

Supporting the ‘deep state’ fantasy means believing a 747 was shot down on US soil, that the WTC was an ‘inside job’ and all that other malarkey.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:00 am

There is, too, a deep state. If you were ever a bureaucrat in the Federal system, you’d know it. Any G-13,15 or 15, not to mention the SES-level bubbas, wield tremendous power and are largely, but not entirely, unaccountable. And bureaucrat at those levels knows how to “slow roll” the boss, cite regulations, have political contacts, etc, to get their way. I spent 18 years in DoD civil service, it’s very true. In the AF, they’re called the “iron majors” doing the staff work and have lots of power and ability to shape policy outcomes. It’s not a secret cabal, as much as a common belief system with incentives to protect itself.

And has nothing to do with your silly examples.

GF

TSS

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:20 am

BN747 wrote:
Spar wrote:

Easy Peezy...
Unfamiliarity with MCC, unfamiliarity with the concept of NYC power plays and connections...will lead anyone to conclude all jails (jail systems) are just like Mayberry RFD and Barney Fife.

Not just MCC or NYC, the level of naivete about how things really work in prisons, any prison, is stunning. Case in point:

A friend of mine was close to getting out after serving two years of a four year sentence for Accessory To Armed Robbery* in Ohio when an inmate who was not well-liked by the other inmates or by the prison officials "got dead" one night after lockdown ("lockdown" in this case being really more just a bed-check than an actual lockdown). In the investigation that followed it was found that the deceased, my friend and several other inmates were not where they were supposed to be at the time (prior to this incident and probably again once all the hoopla died down, as long as you were a well-behaved prisoner and weren't out of place for too long at a time, nobody ever said anything) plus the deceased "got dead" basically right in front of a guard desk and neither one of the guards were where they were supposed to be at the time, either. Since "nobody saw nuthin", of course, the death remained unsolved and my friend and all the other inmates who were out of place that night had to serve their full sentences with no chance of parole at various other prisons. THAT is how prisons really work.

Yet we have people who think that Epstein being taken off suicide watch, his cellmate being transferred, and both his guards falling asleep and forgetting to check on him for hours are just random coincidences with no connection whatsoever. Yeah right, and I've got a lovely bridge they might be interested in buying, too.

*No-one was hurt, and the details of that armed robbery are so hilariously inept that the whole thing should be made into a Billy Bob Thornton movie.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Spar

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:41 am

TSS wrote:
Not just MCC or NYC, the level of naivete about how things really work in prisons, any prison, is stunning. Case in point:

A friend of mine was close to getting out after serving two years of a four year sentence for Accessory To Armed Robbery* in Ohio when an inmate who was not well-liked by the other inmates or by the prison officials "got dead" one night after lockdown. In the investigation that followed it was found that the deceased, my friend and several other inmates were not where they were supposed to be at the time (prior to this incident and probably again once all the hoopla died down, as long as you were a well-behaved prisoner and weren't out of place for too long at a time, nobody ever said anything) plus the deceased "got dead" basically right in front of a guard desk and neither one of the guards were where they were supposed to be at the time, either. Since "nobody saw nuthin", of course, the death remained unsolved and my friend and all the other inmates who were out of place that night had to serve their full sentences with no chance of parole at various other prisons. THAT is how prisons really work.

Yet we have people who think that Epstein being taken off suicide watch, his cellmate being transferred, and both his guards falling asleep and forgetting to check on him for hours are just random coincidences with no connection whatsoever. Yeah right, and I've got a lovely bridge you might be interested in buying, too.

*No-one was hurt, and the details of that armed robbery are so hilariously inept that the whole thing should be made into a Billy Bob Thornton movie.

Your "case in point" has no case or point as far as I can see.
I mean really, you should go back and read it again yourself.

I wrote a piece already on this subject but the mods took it down for some reason I absolutely cannot understand. So I'm not going to spend much time on this post

But I will say that in the late hours of the night and the early hours of the morning it is not the slightest bit unusual or suspicious for guards to be cooping in any but very busy units with in and out traffic.. And trying to make something out of the fact that Epstein was in a cell by himself is a stretch.

If you come up with anything relevant to support your innuendo, get back with us.

BN747

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 am

TSS wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Spar wrote:

Easy Peezy...

Yet we have people who think that Epstein being taken off suicide watch, his cellmate being transferred, and both his guards falling asleep and forgetting to check on him for hours are just random coincidences with no connection whatsoever. Yeah right, and I've got a lovely bridge they might be interested in buying, too.

Spot on, even with all the cop shows. corrupt cop moments, corrupt prosecutors/law enforcement shows - depicting what really goes on in the American Penal system...we sill have above average numbers here on this site who dare challenge official accounts of 'abnormal situations' because they simply believe such things never really happen.

The Netflix 'When They See Us' could have been unbearable to watch had ADDED 'factual horrors' those kids endured...and that would have 'telling the truth'. But fantasy will do.

Sorry about your friend being victimed in the system because of someone's whim. Senseless!

Spar wrote:

If you come up with anything relevant to support your innuendo, get back with us.

US???

Us who?

Besides you...who do you claim to represent?

BN747

TSS

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:11 am

Spar wrote:
TSS wrote:

A friend of mine was close to getting out after serving two years of a four year sentence for Accessory To Armed Robbery* in Ohio when an inmate who was not well-liked by the other inmates or by the prison officials "got dead" one night after lockdown. In the investigation that followed it was found that the deceased, my friend and several other inmates were not where they were supposed to be at the time (prior to this incident and probably again once all the hoopla died down, as long as you were a well-behaved prisoner and weren't out of place for too long at a time, nobody ever said anything) plus the deceased "got dead" basically right in front of a guard desk and neither one of the guards were where they were supposed to be at the time, either. Since "nobody saw nuthin", of course, the death remained unsolved and my friend and all the other inmates who were out of place that night had to serve their full sentences with no chance of parole at various other prisons. THAT is how prisons really work.

Yet we have people who think that Epstein being taken off suicide watch, his cellmate being transferred, and both his guards falling asleep and forgetting to check on him for hours are just random coincidences with no connection whatsoever. Yeah right, and I've got a lovely bridge you might be interested in buying, too.

Your "case in point" has no case or point as far as I can see.
I mean really, you should go back and read it again yourself.

I wrote a piece already on this subject but the mods took it down for some reason I absolutely cannot understand. So I'm not going to spend much time on this post

But I will say that in the late hours of the night and the early hours of the morning it is not the slightest bit unusual or suspicious for guards to be cooping in any but very busy units with in and out traffic.. And trying to make something out of the fact that Epstein was in a cell by himself is a stretch.

Maybe you're right. Maybe a rich and powerful man who considered himself to be above the law and who had spent years collecting God-only-knows how much documented Grade A scandal fodder on God-only-knows how many rich, powerful, and well-connected people could suddenly and without warning have a change of heart and decide to kill himself. Sure, that could happen. :crazy:
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Spar

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:49 am

TSS wrote:
suddenly and without warning have a change of heart and decide to kill himself

Don't you think that being snatched off a private island stocked with every kind of drug and every kind of ho and being thrown in a cell with about zero prospect of ever leaving a cell might bring about a state of depression (or a glimpse of objective reality) that makes your suddenly without warning have a change of heart, appear to be more than a little ponderous and misplaced?

Redd

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:11 am

Spar wrote:
Don't you think that being snatched off a private island stocked with every kind of drug and every kind of ho and being thrown in a cell with about zero prospect of ever leaving a cell might bring about a state of depression (or a glimpse of objective reality) that makes your suddenly without warning have a change of heart, appear to be more than a little ponderous and misplaced?

Well, I don't think he thought for a second that he'd be going to jail for life. When you have the potential to blackmail the president, former president, royalty and countless business leaders you have the power to influence the outcome of your sentence.

The autopsy report also seems to suggest that the cause of death is much more commonly found in strangulation victims. Although the type of death, a hyoid break, does rarely occur in suicide by hanging, it's highly questionable if it was possible using paper sheets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... edirect=on

If hypothetically, the hyoid bone is broken, that would generally raise questions about strangulation, but it is not definitive and does not exclude suicidal hanging,” he said.

In a larger study of suicidal hangings of young adults and middle-aged people in India, conducted from 2010 to 2013, hyoid damage was found in just 16 of 264 cases, or 6 percent. The study addressed the discrepancies in academic reviews, saying wide variations in findings of hyoid breaks are “possibly due to factors like age of the victim, weight of the victim, type of suspension and height of suspension.”