Spar
Topic Author

Trump asked permission to bomb Iran

Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:06 pm

But Iran said no, so Trump slinked away.

After the drone was shot down, Trump sent a message to Iran through Oman that he wanted to do a limited strike on Iran; but Iran replied that they would see an American air strike as the beginning of war. And we know what happened next.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-gene ... taliation/

This is exactly what Trump used to rant about while he was claiming that he knew more about war than our generals and that he'd never ever telegraph his moves to an enemy.
https://soundcloud.com/justin-duckham/4 ... -his-moves

This is the kind of crap that his "base" buys into.
His "base" needs to be reminded of this every day.

Dutchy

Re: Trump asked permission to bomb Iran

Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:31 pm

that's kind to ask, hopefully, the Iranians were very polite to decline.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

seb146

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:21 am

There are state secrets and top secret meetings and many things that presidents hear and read that We The People are not privy to. Obama being a Constitutional scholar understands this and respects this. George W Bush being in the National Guard and the son of a WWII veteran understands this and respects this. The current occupant of the White House? Not so much. I honestly believe he is not told many many things to save We The People.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

SteelChair

Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:50 pm

seb146 wrote:
There are state secrets and top secret meetings and many things that presidents hear and read that We The People are not privy to. Obama being a Constitutional scholar understands this and respects this. George W Bush being in the National Guard and the son of a WWII veteran understands this and respects this. The current occupant of the White House? Not so much. I honestly believe he is not told many many things to save We The People.

EVERY President is not told many things. On purpose. Plausible deniability.

Spar
Topic Author

Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:11 pm

SteelChair wrote:

Poppycock

seb146

Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:20 pm

SteelChair wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Every president until now has been told way more. I would even go so far as to say that certain members of Congress probably have received better intelligence briefings than the current occupant of the White House. I don't have facts to back that up, but given his character and demeanor, I would not be surprised.

trpmb6

Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Spar wrote:
SteelChair wrote:

Poppycock

Same reason President Whitmore was not informed about several underground research facilities at the Groom Lake base.

seb146 wrote:

Every president until now has been told way more. I would even go so far as to say that certain members of Congress probably have received better intelligence briefings than the current occupant of the White House. I don't have facts to back that up, but given his character and demeanor, I would not be surprised.

Seb, it's impossible for you to know that. So just don't make those kind of claims, only to drop back down and say, well I don't have the proof to say so, but I "feel" like it's the right answer so it must be fact.

SteelChair

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:06 pm

seb146 wrote:
SteelChair wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Well since you have been privy to his briefings, please expound. Please, by all means, let us know what you know.

seb146

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:07 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Seb, it's impossible for you to know that. So just don't make those kind of claims, only to drop back down and say, well I don't have the proof to say so, but I "feel" like it's the right answer so it must be fact.

Really? We had to listen to Republicans whine about Obama based on their feelings. Suddenly, with the evidence in front of us, we are not allowed to have opinions based on feelings?

bennett123

Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:35 pm

trpmb6

President Whitmore?.

petertenthije

Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:10 pm

bennett123 wrote:
trpmb6

President Whitmore?.

From the movie independance day.
Attamottamotta!

Magog

Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:17 pm

seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Really? We had to listen to Republicans whine about Obama based on their feelings. Suddenly, with the evidence in front of us, we are not allowed to have opinions based on feelings?

You admitted that you have no proof. You can certainly have an opinion based on feelings. Just don’t expect it to be even remotely persuasive.

dragon-wings

Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:57 am

Well here is a Time magazine report that say that "intelligence officers even reported that they have been warned to avoid giving the President intelligence assessments that contradict stances he has taken in public."

https://time.com/5518947/donald-trump-i ... -security/
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

einsteinboricua

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:24 am

seb146 wrote:
I don't have facts to back that up, but given his character and demeanor, I would not be surprised.

Use QAnon logic:

There isn't any non-evidence of it.

Solved :D
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

seb146

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:39 am

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

You admitted that you have no proof. You can certainly have an opinion based on feelings. Just don’t expect it to be even remotely persuasive.

It is not "no proof". It is alternative facts. Right wingers love alternative facts.

Magog

Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:12 am

seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:

It is not "no proof". It is alternative facts. Right wingers love alternative facts.

Gotcha. This Democrat likes credible facts.

alfa164

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:38 pm

It would be better if we could hear from a credible Democrat...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:

Gotcha. This Democrat likes credible facts.

So you would want all classified information given to someone completely off the rails or someone who has some idea of what is going on? Obama was a Constitutional scholar and Senator and GWB was governor of a military and border state. I am thinking they have a better grasp of what classified and top secret information is than the current occupant of the White House.