Aaron747
Topic Author

Florida HS Principal Removed for Holocaust Denial

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:02 pm

Looks like someone has been spending too much time on incel conspiracy sites and Stormfront. What a maroon. They even gave him a chance to keep his job and he still insisted on the existence of alternative facts.

So we have the far left trying to cover up offensive history and we have the far right trying to deny history that generates sympathy for minorities...is it really so hard to just teach youngsters the cold hard facts please?

The Palm Beach County School District said in a statement Monday that it was aware of remarks made by William Latson in 2018 and had instructed him to expand Holocaust curriculum at Spanish River Community High School and spend time at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.

“Despite these efforts, his leadership has become a major distraction for the school community. It is, therefore, in the best interest of students and the larger school community to reassign Mr. Latson to a District position,” the school district said in a statement on Monday.

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/florida ... -1.7483314
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

MaverickM11

Re: Florida HS Principal Removed for Holocaust Denial

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Of all places, Boca Raton has a large Jewish community...
Aaron747 wrote:
So we have the far left trying to cover up offensive history

We do?
E pur si muove -Galileo

Tugger

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:31 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

We do?

Removing murals, not allowing symbols from early US history to be acceptable today, etc.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

bgm

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Florida Man, is that you AGAIN?
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

mham001

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:38 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
So we have the far left trying to cover up offensive history and we have the far right trying to deny history that generates sympathy for minorities...is it really so hard to just teach youngsters the cold hard facts please?

Holocaust denial has never been a monopoly of the far-right and the principal happens to be black which lowers the odds even more of your "far right" accusation.
Additionally, it is the far left "trying to deny history that generates sympathy for minorities" in San Francisco. You seem confused.

mbmbos

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Tugger wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

We do?

Removing murals, not allowing symbols from early US history to be acceptable today, etc.

Tugg

They are, indeed, unacceptable. Symbols of racism have been removed in this country when said symbols (mainly statues) honor and celebrate those who perpetuated slavery and white supremacy. This isn't erasing history or its symbols. This is an act of putting them in the proper context, such as an historical museum.

That you conflate removing Confederate statues honoring Confederates - you know, the ones who were white supremacists and were proponents of owning people as their personal property to abuse, overwork and rape - with erasing history is very telling.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

Tugger

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:29 pm

mbmbos wrote:
Tugger wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
We do?

Tugg

They are, indeed, unacceptable. Symbols of racism have been removed in this country when said symbols (mainly statues) honor and celebrate those who perpetuated slavery and white supremacy. This isn't erasing history or its symbols. This is an act of putting them in the proper context, such as an historical museum.

That you conflate removing Confederate statues honoring Confederates - you know, the ones who were white supremacists and were proponents of owning people as their personal property to abuse, overwork and rape - with erasing history is very telling.

Not as telling as you apparently jumping to a conclusion about me based on a quick reply I made to answer a question. There is no context one way or the other in my comment, no conflating. No statement of support of such symbols and elements or anything like that.

Just answering a question.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

trpmb6

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Tugger wrote:
Not as telling as you apparently jumping to a conclusion about me based on a quick reply I made to answer a question. There is no context one way or the other in my comment, no conflating. No statement of support of such symbols and elements or anything like that.

Just answering a question.

Tugg

Tugger, you were just a recipient of the type of response us conservatives are used to. Accusations, labels, etc applied without any understanding behind why we support a position or what have you.

einsteinboricua

Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:20 pm

mham001 wrote:
the principal happens to be black which lowers the odds even more of your "far right" accusation.

What does race have to do with politics? Are you saying Blacks can't be conservative? Or are you saying that far-right loons can only be White?

I seem to recall a pair of Black ladies who have been given celebrity status on Fox News for having the same views on issues as its audience. Heck, the RNC Chairman last decade was a black guy. Didn't Black men attempt to get the GOP nomination in 2012 (Herman Cain's 9-9-9) and 2016 (Ben Carson's "Word salad of their life")?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

sw733

Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:38 pm

mbmbos wrote:
Tugger wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
We do?

Tugg

They belong in a museum so people don't forget about them...you know, the whole look and think "wow, I can't believe we used to do this". I don't like the idea of outright destroying them, but I sure as hell don't like the idea of them gracing our public areas in 2019.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:32 pm

mham001 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Holocaust denial has never been a monopoly of the far-right and the principal happens to be black which lowers the odds even more of your "far right" accusation.
Additionally, it is the far left "trying to deny history that generates sympathy for minorities" in San Francisco. You seem confused.

Please don’t tell me you actually require assistance with reading comprehension...wow.

And I was making a generalization about the far right, not a claim of total monopoly. Pretty sure followers of Stormfront ilk, David Duke, Jean Le Pen, David Irving etc outnumber the likes of Louis Farrakhan and Hamas luminaries.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

ltbewr

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:27 am

To some Black Americans, the Nazi era Holocaust is irrelevant to them, while Slavery is more relevant and deserves much more attention. Several states mandate education of the Nazi Holocaust due to political involvement of Jewish Holocaust survivors who want that story told. Too many White people don't want a similar and greater mandate to teach about the horrors of enslavement and genocide against Native Americans.

N757ST

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:08 pm

ltbewr wrote:
To some Black Americans, the Nazi era Holocaust is irrelevant to them, while Slavery is more relevant and deserves much more attention. Several states mandate education of the Nazi Holocaust due to political involvement of Jewish Holocaust survivors who want that story told. Too many White people don't want a similar and greater mandate to teach about the horrors of enslavement and genocide against Native Americans.

How many schools choose to teach about the holocaust and NOT slavery.

In fact, how many schools don’t teach us about slavery? I’m guessing zero. Both are subject matters that need to be taught to our youth, and they are.

mham001

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:52 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
mham001 wrote:
the principal happens to be black which lowers the odds even more of your "far right" accusation.

What does race have to do with politics? Are you saying Blacks can't be conservative? Or are you saying that far-right loons can only be White?

I seem to recall a pair of Black ladies who have been given celebrity status on Fox News for having the same views on issues as its audience. Heck, the RNC Chairman last decade was a black guy. Didn't Black men attempt to get the GOP nomination in 2012 (Herman Cain's 9-9-9) and 2016 (Ben Carson's "Word salad of their life")?

Just as much as the knee-jerk generalization that a holocaust denier must be "far right". duly noted below..

Aaron747 wrote:
And I was making a generalization about the far right.

einsteinboricua

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:05 pm

mham001 wrote:
Just as much as the knee-jerk generalization that a holocaust denier must be "far right"

You have to admit: the people shouting "Jews will not replace us" may be considered "very fine people", but they all seem to lean to the same side of the political spectrum. That's not to say all of them are from that side, but the most vocal are, which makes generalization easier.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

mham001

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:55 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
You have to admit: the people shouting "Jews will not replace us" may be considered "very fine people", but they all seem to lean to the same side of the political spectrum. That's not to say all of them are from that side, but the most vocal are, which makes generalization easier.

Only to those not paying attention. But one could easily say that blacks, and thus, the principal seem to lean to the same side of the political spectrum, which is why I said "odds" are rather than "they are". See how that works?

Aaron747
Topic Author

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:02 am

mham001 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Only to those not paying attention. But one could easily say that blacks, and thus, the principal seem to lean to the same side of the political spectrum, which is why I said "odds" are rather than "they are". See how that works?

Yet you omitted any mention of the second part of my quote, where the basis for generalization derived from and did not either refute or support it, only to make your narrow point stand. I call BS. See how that works?