stratosphere
Topic Author

Ice Cream product tampering

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Ok so I am sure you have seen the latest fad going around as if Tide Pods weren't bad enough now they are fucking with our food. The latest rash of taking Ice Cream off the shelves and licking it and putting it back and of course video recording it and I just saw a video of some punk opening an Arizona Ice Tea container and spitting in it and returning it to the shelf. It's all fun and games until one of these assholes are put in the slam. I really think they need to make an example out of them like how bout 5 years mandatory prison for product tampering no plea deals that would put a stop to this shit.

https://www.today.com/food/ice-cream-li ... nk-t157860

Airstud

Re: Ice Cream product tampering

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:16 pm

Definitely a good start to tackling the problem of prison overcrowding.
Pancakes are delicious.

af773atmsp

Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:32 pm

Airstud wrote:

And what do you suggest? Tell them to stop it or we’ll say stop it in a more aggressive tone?
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72,736,788
SY,DL,FI,FL,BA,EI,NW,MG,DY,EZY,F9,WN,SN,ET,SK
Too many airports to fit in signature.

alfa164

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:00 pm

af773atmsp wrote:
Airstud wrote:

And what do you suggest? Tell them to stop it or we’ll say stop it in a more aggressive tone?

Hemlock Flavor Ice Cream. That will stop it.

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

BlueberryWheats

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:04 pm

Thank god for tamper seals. Every product should have something like that.

I always check the lids on jars etc before they go in my supermarket trolley, if they can be depressed then it's a no go.

Aesma

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:07 pm

Petty criminals aren't usually very bright, however they usually understand that you need to try and cover your tracks. Filming your crime is another level of dumb.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

fr8mech

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 am

BlueberryWheats wrote:

Saw an article where Blue Bell, and other ice cream manufacturers, say the process they use to fill and close their product provides a tamper evident seal.

They fill the carton, cover it, then freeze the product upside-down. This "bonds" the ice cream to the lid. Apparently, if the "seal" has been broken, it should be evident.

https://www.wafb.com/2019/07/03/blue-be ... ered-with/

The initial folks that did this should be prosecuted, and if convicted, sentenced to probation and some form of odious community service. Quite simply, the girl is a minor, and didn't really understand the gravity of the situation. I suspect we ALL did dumb shit when we were kids...and some of it, most certainly, put others in harm's way.

Copy-cats should be thrown in prison.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

NIKV69

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 am

The things you do when you are unemployed.
"Some people did something" Rep Omar on 9/11

1989worstyear

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:50 am

fr8mech wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:

Saw an article where Blue Bell, and other ice cream manufacturers, say the process they use to fill and close their product provides a tamper evident seal.

They fill the carton, cover it, then freeze the product upside-down. This "bonds" the ice cream to the lid. Apparently, if the "seal" has been broken, it should be evident.

The initial folks that did this should be prosecuted, and if convicted, sentenced to probation and some form of odious community service. Quite simply, the girl is a minor, and didn't really understand the gravity of the situation. I suspect we ALL did dumb shit when we were kids...and some of it, most certainly, put others in harm's way.

Copy-cats should be thrown in prison.

Well, if Texans consider 17 year olds adults, then I think it is quite reasonable to think someone only a year younger would know better.

16 is not a child.
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

fr8mech

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:04 am

1989worstyear wrote:

16 is not a child.

You're right. Legally 16 year olds are children, but realistically, they live in this world between adult and child. They do stupid things, without thinking them through. Add the pressure that social media creates, and you have the potential for stupid things like this.

Let's face it, did this girl cause actual harm? No, she didn't. Was there a potential for harm? Yes, but not really. More of an ick factor than anything else.

Gonna toss her in prison for 20 years for that?

1989worstyear

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:34 am

fr8mech wrote:
1989worstyear wrote:

16 is not a child.

You're right. Legally 16 year olds are children, but realistically, they live in this world between adult and child. They do stupid things, without thinking them through. Add the pressure that social media creates, and you have the potential for stupid things like this.

Let's face it, did this girl cause actual harm? No, she didn't. Was there a potential for harm? Yes, but not really. More of an ick factor than anything else.

Gonna toss her in prison for 20 years for that?

Good point - the time should fit the crime.

I guess what I'm saying is, if she was only slightly older (17), your average Texan would agree she deserves the female equivalent of the Rodney Hulin treatment:

https://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/prison ... hulin.html
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

fr8mech

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:48 am

1989worstyear wrote:
Good point - the time should fit the crime.

I guess what I'm saying is, if she was only slightly older (17), your average Texan would agree she deserves the female equivalent of the Rodney Hulin treatment:

https://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/prison ... hulin.html

Apples and oranges. Arson vs. tampering. Come on.

I have no problem at all when treating a minor as an adult, when that minor has acted like an adult. But, this minor has acted like a stupid minor. In fact, even if she was in her early 20's, I would suggest

fr8mech wrote:
probation and some form of odious community service

But, like I said, the copy cats should be hammered. Only the first one gets a pass.

TWA772LR

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:10 am

5 years in prison for licking ice cream? Seriously? 6 months probation or 48 hours community service at worst is what these people deserve. Its just stupid teenagers being stupid teenagers, no need to ruin their lives for something like this.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

VSMUT

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:56 am

fr8mech wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:

That's a poor way of sealing it. It means customers aren't likely to notice it until they have gotten home, in which case the seal might be worthless if it has been sitting in a hot car for just a few minutes. Seals need to be evident in the shop without having to open it.