Ozair
Topic Author
Posts: 3904
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:38 am

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Anyone else watching this right now...?

I should be in bed but can't go without knowing who wins. An hour ago I though NZ had it in the bag but India and Dhoni have come back brilliantly.
 
Ozair
Topic Author
Posts: 3904
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:38 am

Re: India V NZ cricket world cup

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Jadeja out and a great innings but the pressure was clearly getting too much. Looks to be NZ into the final and hopefully versus Australia!
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 2747
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: India V NZ cricket world cup

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:42 pm

Ozair wrote:
Jadeja out and a great innings but the pressure was clearly getting too much. Looks to be NZ into the final and hopefully versus Australia!England


Fixed it for you!

Fred
Image
 
User avatar
WingsFan
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: India V NZ cricket world cup

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:24 pm

It was a disappointing match from Indian point of view. A complete collapse of top order which had performed brilliantly throughout this tournament....until today.
Well done NZ. Great bowling and game planning. Jadeja and Dhoni put up an admirable last stand but obviously Dhoni is not 26 any more and could have used more support.
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 6800
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: India V NZ cricket world cup

Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Amazing really. I didn’t give us NZ a chance in that particular game given our form over the last 2 games, the pitches have been different to say the least but have made for a good contest between bat and ball throughout.

Well done lads, bring the cup home!
 
Ozair
Topic Author
Posts: 3904
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:38 am

Re: India V NZ cricket world cup

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:11 pm

flipdewaf wrote:
Ozair wrote:
Jadeja out and a great innings but the pressure was clearly getting too much. Looks to be NZ into the final and hopefully versus Australia!England


Fixed it for you!

Fred

Ha, we shall see!

WingsFan wrote:
It was a disappointing match from Indian point of view. A complete collapse of top order which had performed brilliantly throughout this tournament....until today.
Well done NZ. Great bowling and game planning. Jadeja and Dhoni put up an admirable last stand but obviously Dhoni is not 26 any more and could have used more support.

I think Dhoni just left it too late and created too much pressure. NZ did superb in bowling and not conceding too many runs but Dhoni scoring at a higher rate would have reduced that pressure and prevented India from requiring so much from the last three overs.

ZK-NBT wrote:
Amazing really. I didn’t give us NZ a chance in that particular game given our form over the last 2 games, the pitches have been different to say the least but have made for a good contest between bat and ball throughout.

Well done lads, bring the cup home!

Was an unusual pitch, I expected that 240 was not a great score to defend but the NZ bowling attack was so good. It will be interesting to see how the NZ bowling attack approaches the final given Australia hasn’t been scoring high totals but winning games while England typically are a high scoring team and rely on those high totals to create the pressure.
 
lbs
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:46 am

ICC World Cup Final England vs New Zealand

Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:52 am

England swaggered into their first World Cup final in 27 years, the world cup coming home the first time in history?
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 2747
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: ICC World Cup Final England vs New Zealand

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:54 am

I had the BBC live updates on the Aussie match yesterday in the background at work only to realise that I didn't need to as my boss's boss was shouting out eh score every time it changed as well as running calculations on run rates score and required. At one point he emailed me a graph.

I'm looking forward to the match on Sunday, I'll be listening to it on TMS, the pictures are better and Zaltzman is particularly funny.

Fred
Image
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12075
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: ICC World Cup Final England vs New Zealand

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:14 pm

As plenty of pundits have said, the side that beats India will win the World Cup!
 
User avatar
bombayduck
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Re: ICC World Cup Final England vs New Zealand

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:44 pm

For those of us living in the U.K, the game is being broadcast live on channel 4 on Sunday.
 
ZKSUJ
Posts: 6856
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004 5:15 pm

Re: India V NZ cricket world cup

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:12 am

Looking forward to the final tomorrow!!! We are underdogs again but thats less pressure
 
ZKSUJ
Posts: 6856
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004 5:15 pm

Re: ICC World Cup Final England vs New Zealand

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:13 am

Looking forward to it. Staying up all night to support the under dogs
 
Ozair
Topic Author
Posts: 3904
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:38 am

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:56 am

Now I am conflicted, as an Australian I don't like NZ winning anything but also can't abide the old enemy...

In the end hopefully it is a good game and goes down to the last over to decide.
 
noviorbis77
Posts: 683
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:31 pm

What a fantastic final.

Well done England !
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Ozair wrote:
Now I am conflicted, as an Australian I don't like NZ winning anything but also can't abide the old enemy...

In the end hopefully it is a good game and goes down to the last over to decide.

Last over?

It went to the last possible ball!

That super-over rule sucks for NZ as it was a draw in all but name. Well done New Zealand for a great game and congratulations England.
 
User avatar
Dano1977
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Sir Peter Jackson.Sir Edmund Hillary, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa ... Your boys took one hell of a beating!
The average EU official - he has the organising ability of the Italians, the flexibility of the Germans and the modesty of the French. And that's topped up by the imagination of the Belgians, the generosity of the Dutch.
 
noviorbis77
Posts: 683
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:20 pm

England the only country in the world to win Football, Rugby Union and now Cricket World Cup.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17110
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 pm

That was simply the greatest ODI game ever. I thought England were out of it with two overs to go. If you'd written those last two overs as a script, you'd have been laughed at.

A six that was caught but the fielder stepped onto the boundary, then a six with four overthrows deflected of Stokes' bat. Two run outs going for vital second runs. Then the super overs. :faint:

Congrats to England, but heartfelt commiserations to New Zealand, they played their full part in an epic final. What an emotional rollercoaster that was. I'm exhausted.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Ozair
Topic Author
Posts: 3904
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:38 am

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Channex757 wrote:
Ozair wrote:
Now I am conflicted, as an Australian I don't like NZ winning anything but also can't abide the old enemy...

In the end hopefully it is a good game and goes down to the last over to decide.

Last over?

It went to the last possible ball!

That super-over rule sucks for NZ as it was a draw in all but name. Well done New Zealand for a great game and congratulations England.

Crazy finish!!!!!

Not sure I am a fan of the super over, I'd like to see perhaps another three overs each with three different bowlers.

Congratulations to England, they did the whole world cup the hard way but played the best they needed to when it counted. Poor NZ, runners up the last two world cups and now the next one is in India.
 
apodino
Posts: 3471
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:26 am

I wish there would have been a free way to view this in the US. Cricket is not well known in the US, but its a sport I do enjoy watching in a limited over format as the world cup is. (I don't like test cricket personally) That being said, for two teams to score identical points in 50 overs is really something. It sounds like it was a great match.

What a day for sports in London though. Between the cricket world cup final, and just across town the Wimbledon Gentlemen's final, you had some very entertaining stuff indeed. Can you imagine if the Premier league had had a classic match today as well?
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12075
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:07 am

Dano1977 wrote:
Sir Peter Jackson.Sir Edmund Hillary, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa ... Your boys took one hell of a beating!


That's a confusing post!!
 
Dogbreath
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:49 am

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:54 am

And now the controversy starts. Reading the news bites, the overthrow that deflected of Stokes' bat should not have resulted in 6 runs but only 5 runs. Also due to the ICC ruling, Stokes should not have been at strikers end after this incident. It appears the Umpires failed to follow ICC ruling 19.8.
According to this rule, when the throw from the outfield was made the payers had not crossed over, and therefore that run does not count.

I feel for the Kiwi's.
Truth, Honour, Loyalty
 
User avatar
WingsFan
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Discussion Thread

Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:57 pm

apodino wrote:
I wish there would have been a free way to view this in the US. Cricket is not well known in the US, but its a sport I do enjoy watching in a limited over format as the world cup is. (I don't like test cricket personally) That being said, for two teams to score identical points in 50 overs is really something. It sounds like it was a great match.

What a day for sports in London though. Between the cricket world cup final, and just across town the Wimbledon Gentlemen's final, you had some very entertaining stuff indeed. Can you imagine if the Premier league had had a classic match today as well?


You forgot Formula 1 at Silverstone circuit yesterday. Hamilton took the crown no less. Truly magnificent day for sport on the island.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aerlingus747, BartSimpson, Whalejet and 24 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos