Dutchy

Re: Planned storming of Area 51 9/20

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:31 pm

blueflyer wrote:
It has been done before. A few years back, a BBC crew did cross the gate and they were basically left alone for 30 minutes until they forced the security guards to acknowledge their presence.

Really? Didn't hear of this incident before, is there any footage from?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

mham001

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Dutchy wrote:
TSS wrote:
Again, organized invasion of US military base = Act of war, not the time to hesitate to nullify the threat with extreme prejudice.

Don't be so melodramatic, "act of war", com'on. these are civilians with a curious mind.

"curious mind", LOL. I'm curious about Kelley Ripa naked but....

I would not bet against the idea that there are some extremely serious consequences based on obscure laws regarding an organized invasion of top secret information. I would not want to be in the shoes of the organizers, even at this time. Nor would I ignore the red lettering on that top sign.

Dutchy

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 pm

mham001 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
TSS wrote:
Again, organized invasion of US military base = Act of war, not the time to hesitate to nullify the threat with extreme prejudice.

Don't be so melodramatic, "act of war", com'on. these are civilians with a curious mind.

Really? She is pushing 50 :lol:

mham001 wrote:
I would not bet against the idea that there are some extremely serious consequences based on obscure laws regarding an organized invasion of top secret information. I would not want to be in the shoes of the organizers, even at this time. Nor would I ignore the red lettering on that top sign.

I am not organizing it ;)

Given it is the US government, I think you are right that the "organizers" might get a visit of some agency. I still don't think they would kill thousands to protect whatever is inside this military installation. It is a dilemma for the guards, one, two or three people, sure they can handle that without a problem, but hundreds or thousands, that is something totally different.

Does anyone know if deadly force actually has been used, or in other words has someone be injured by the guard/camo dudes?

I saw a youtube clip once - too lazy to look for it - from inside a guide car, the guide accidentally drove past the line and they were apprehended and handed over to the local police force since it was an honest mistake, the driver got off with a fine and the tourist were sent on their way. Nothing to spactaculair.

johns624

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:42 pm

That'll be one huge parking lot...

KentB27

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Birdwatching wrote:
I always found it funny how Americans think they live in the "land of the free" but there are huge stretches of landscape they are not allowed to walk into or even see. I'm glad I live in a country where in theory I can freely move everywhere, even if it's private property, with very few exceptions

The United States is massive. An individual couldn't even come close to roaming all of the land here even if they wanted to. There are tons of places you could run off to in the US and not see another soul for days or weeks. We have national parks that are larger than some entire countries in other parts of the world. I don't see what the problem is if some of the land is off limits to the public. We have more than enough land that we can freely access to choose from. Also, most government land in the United States can be lawfully accessed by the public.

TSS

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:23 pm

Dutchy wrote:
TSS wrote:

That is the attitude that concerns me most: "Aw, it's not a real invasion, it's just a bunch of nerds who want a look around...". Wrong. Wrong-wrong-wrong. What better way to put the sentries off their guard than to disguise an actual invasion force in a motley sea of Sci-Fi geeks? Deadly poison can come in very harmless-looking containers. Has anyone besides me ever heard of the Trojan Horse?

Dutchy wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
Well it's up to 700k saying they will go and 600k saying they may go, honestly at this point the military will probably have to have a force in place just in case, really a waste of time and money.

The sad thing is, it's just dawned on me, I will be out of the country that week, so I will have to watch the net for reports.

Nothing will come of it. If indeed a huge crowd is turning up, they will know hours in advance, it is in the big nothing so putting some scouts at either end of the road will do it and they probably have a few people "inside" these 700.000 people so they can monitor it from the inside. They might have sent their aircraft elsewhere, just in case, if they have anything there at all. It is entertaining to think about it, but sadly we will never know.

If even 1/100th of the low estimate of people do show up, that's still 6,000 people.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Dutchy

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:50 pm

TSS wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
TSS wrote:

That is the attitude that concerns me most: "Aw, it's not a real invasion, it's just a bunch of nerds who want a look around...". Wrong. Wrong-wrong-wrong. What better way to put the sentries off their guard than to disguise an actual invasion force in a motley sea of Sci-Fi geeks? Deadly poison can come in very harmless-looking containers. Has anyone besides me ever heard of the Trojan Horse?

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" A Greek horse, but whom is counting.

Actual invasion force? Do you think a peloton of Chinees will hide between the nerds? :lol:

TSS wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
Well it's up to 700k saying they will go and 600k saying they may go, honestly at this point the military will probably have to have a force in place just in case, really a waste of time and money.

The sad thing is, it's just dawned on me, I will be out of the country that week, so I will have to watch the net for reports.

Nothing will come of it. If indeed a huge crowd is turning up, they will know hours in advance, it is in the big nothing so putting some scouts at either end of the road will do it and they probably have a few people "inside" these 700.000 people so they can monitor it from the inside. They might have sent their aircraft elsewhere, just in case, if they have anything there at all. It is entertaining to think about it, but sadly we will never know.

If even 1/100th of the low estimate of people do show up, that's still 6,000 people.

I'll will be most surprised if 1/1000th people will show up, I'll be surprised if more than 100 people actually show up in the middle of the desert.

TSS

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:53 am

Dutchy wrote:
TSS wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" A Greek horse, but whom is counting.

Actual invasion force? Do you think a peloton of Chinees will hide between the nerds? :lol:

Possibly, although any number of other groups and/or nationalities might be involved.

Dutchy wrote:
TSS wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I'll will be most surprised if 1/1000th people will show up, I'll be surprised if more than 100 people actually show up in the middle of the desert.

True, but it never fails that when you're only expecting a few people to come over, every single one of them brings an unannounced date and an old friend who just happened to be in town that night, thus it pays to plan for maximum attendance knowing that if only the expected people show up you can always get rid of the leftover canapes by eating them at lunch every day for the next week.

blueflyer

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:21 am

Dutchy wrote:
blueflyer wrote:
It has been done before. A few years back, a BBC crew did cross the gate and they were basically left alone for 30 minutes until they forced the security guards to acknowledge their presence.

Not sure, I didn't check Youtube but several articles were written over it at the time.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ufo-film ... weird-news

You'll have to read several paragraphs. That they were left alone after they crossed the gate isn't the big reveal of the article, but it's in there. They crossed, hung around for 30 minutes, then an idiot knocked on the door of one of the security shacks, and that is when the guards decided enough is enough...
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic

TSS

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:22 pm

blueflyer wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
blueflyer wrote:

Not sure, I didn't check Youtube but several articles were written over it at the time.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ufo-film ... weird-news

You'll have to read several paragraphs. That they were left alone after they crossed the gate isn't the big reveal of the article, but it's in there. They crossed, hung around for 30 minutes, then an idiot knocked on the door of one of the security shacks, and that is when the guards decided enough is enough...

I think I remember seeing the BBC documentary you mention, or excerpts from it, at the time it came out. I checked YouTube and there is a SyFy documentary on Bob Lazar that is mislabeled as BBC, but nothing much else except these in which various civilians meet resistance at the back gate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Nc9SWED00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkwdYFThz8o

ual763

Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Birdwatching wrote:
I always found it funny how Americans think they live in the "land of the free" but there are huge stretches of landscape they are not allowed to walk into or even see. I'm glad I live in a country where in theory I can freely move everywhere, even if it's private property, with very few exceptions

Let me guess, Norway?
From flying to the NOTAM office

ual763

Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
You are probably right regarding the number as I just pulled that out of my butt. Regardless it's meaningless at the end. No one will be storming the perimeter of A51 without deadly consequences being invoked. Some of these camo dudes probably lay away at night dreaming of stuff like this while they wipe down their weapon of choice with a big grin on their face.

if that were the case, I hope they will be sacked immediately, nobody needs trigger happy nutcases guarding them.

On the contrary, the country’s defenses also don’t need emotional weenies, who let their feelings get in the way of doing their job, guarding the nation’s top secrets. They are authorized to use deadly force for a reason. Don’t trespass and you don’t Get shot. Very simple really.

But on a serious note, I don’t know anyone who would actually dream about killing another human being. Sure, there are sick people that probably do. But, these guards that patrol Area 51 are subject to some of the most rigorous background/psychiatric/personality testing on the planet. They are the elite of the elite. If they were psychopaths, they would not be in this position. They are trained to have no emotions on the job, but to do what is necessary to maintain security.
From flying to the NOTAM office

mham001

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:23 pm

ual763 wrote:
But on a serious note, I don’t know anyone who would actually dream about killing another human being. Sure, there are sick people that probably do. But, these guards that patrol Area 51 are subject to some of the most rigorous background/psychiatric/personality testing on the planet. They are the elite of the elite. If they were psychopaths, they would not be in this position. They are trained to have no emotions on the job, but to do what is necessary to maintain security.

The perimeter is guarded by private contractors and they are less than impressive - unless this video is fake (it could be). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Nc9SWED00

That's not to say that real soldiers cannot be quickly transported in.

Birdwatching

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:25 pm

It's fun to picture the logistics of this "event" in case 700,000 people really show up. First of all, how are they all going to get to Las Vegas? I'm pretty sure they're not all locals. 700,000 people equals about 3500 aircraft filled up with nothing but attendees of this event. They'd need to occupy every seat of every aircraft arriving at LAS for more than a week. Then they all need a hotel room, and Las Vegas has about 150,000. So even if no hotel in Las Vegas has any bookings yet for that week, and they book every single room in the city, they'd have to put more than 4 people in each room. For rental cars, I find no data about how many there are in Las Vegas, but even if 4 people share a ride, then you'd have more than 150,000 cars parking somewhere near the meeting point. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the world's largest parking lot is in Canada and holds about 20,000 cars. Sure, we're in the desert, but that doesn't mean you can simply park everywhere off the road. And that motorcade of 150,000 cars all driving towards the meeting point would measure more than 600 miles if they all drove bumper to bumper. Pretty hilarious to picture all this.

Anyway, I just saw the membership of the facebook group is down to about 117,000, any idea why?
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

jetwet1
Topic Author

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:05 pm

Just a couple of things to think about....

It's roughly 90 miles from Vegas to the gates.
It's roughly a 5 hour drive from the LA area to the gates.
We have just under 8000 rooms in our inventory, for those dates we are at 40% occupancy.

I would be willing to bet a large amount of money that at least a couple of hundred people show up in Rachel that night......Darwin is very rarely proven wrong.

TWA772LR

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Theres no reason to kill these harmless dumbasses.

Maybe the Air Force can use their top secret brown note generator to stop them in their tracks.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

TSS

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:10 am

TWA772LR wrote:

Maybe the Air Force can use their top secret brown note generator to stop them in their tracks.

Dutchy

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:14 am

TSS wrote:

Creapy..........

Aaron747

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:29 am

C’mon guys this is all academic - they can’t tell us what they got or where from because it will devastate power structures all over the globe :wink:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

readytotaxi

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:25 am

TWA772LR wrote:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh !!! You're not supposed to know about that.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

Lilienthal

Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 am

mham001 wrote:

The perimeter is guarded by private contractors and they are less than impressive - unless this video is fake (it could be). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Nc9SWED00

Lol... looks like these two waited a lifetime for that moment. Like they spent their childhood as mall ninjas and are now finally allowed to pull their big-boy guns.

DarkSnowyNight

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:01 am

jetwet1 wrote:

I would be willing to bet a large amount of money that at least a couple of hundred people show up in Rachel that night...

Don't get me wrong; I've always been impressed with that woman. But does Rachel know you have her Slut Level pegged to Expert?
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

slider

Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Dutchy wrote:
mham001 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Really? She is pushing 50 :lol:

She also looks anorexic. Hard pass.

But I'm all for these idiots "storming" Area 51. This could make for great comedy. And Darwin Award winners for 2019.

slider

Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:53 pm

mham001 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

That's not to say that real soldiers cannot be quickly transported in.

*in my best Dale Gribble voice*
"You don't need military guards when you have advanced alien technology protecting Area 51!"

casinterest

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:56 pm

I think if the Guards were to put up slip and slides with sprinklers 1 mile from the gates, most people would never make it to the guardhouse.
Where ever you go, there you are.

triple3driver

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:27 am

Yep, I'll take all of my friends with me aboard my A330, try to get in from above.

Jokes aside, nothing will likely come out of this aside from some Area 51 memes, and it's quite likely that Area 51 isn't even a major US military site, not anymore.
If you can walk away from it intact, it was a good landing!

Veigar

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:32 am

A lot of great memes have surfaced because of this... at least we got that.

seb146

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:58 am

You call it "Storming Of Area 51" while some of us call it "thinning the herd". When I first saw this, I can not repeat what I muttered under my breath because this is a "family" site but what is wrong with people?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

DL717

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:05 am

stl07 wrote:
I'm going to use DL717s term. If any fool tries this out the government will hopefully give them the Darwin award.

Like a thief in the night. You sonomabich. :rotfl:
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Silver1SWA

Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:05 am

triple3driver wrote:
Yep, I'll take all of my friends with me aboard my A330, try to get in from above.

Jokes aside, nothing will likely come out of this aside from some Area 51 memes, and it's quite likely that Area 51 isn't even a major US military site, not anymore.

It was nothing more than a joke from the beginning.

The memes are great though!
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

blueflyer

Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:46 pm

Silver1SWA wrote:

Well, that's disappointing. Given getting to Area 51 requires crossing the Nellis Test Range, I was secretly hoping the Air Force would coincidentally choose the day for low-altitude fly-bys and a few practice drops too. Might have made for some great visuals...
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic

TSS

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:32 pm

blueflyer wrote:
Silver1SWA wrote:

Well, that's disappointing. Given getting to Area 51 requires crossing the Nellis Test Range, I was secretly hoping the Air Force would coincidentally choose the day for low-altitude fly-bys and a few practice drops too. Might have made for some great visuals...

Since I'd imagine the majority of people attending this aren't old enough to have ever heard or felt a sonic boom, a few fighter jets passing over relatively low at Mach 2 or so would probably have much the same effect as a "brown note" generator, or a "yellow note" generator at the very least. When I was a kid and the Vietnam War was still going on there was a reserve squadron of Phantoms based at the nearby airport and their "test run" route went right over my house. When we saw one streak by without making a sound, we knew to cover our ears and brace ourselves because in a few seconds the jet roar would be deafening and our entire world would be shaken. Seeing the reaction to a sonic boom for the first time from people who aren't expecting it would be priceless! The storming is supposed to take place at 3:00 am, so the stormers might never see the jets pass over to begin with and would think some sort of alien sound blaster was being used against them! :rotfl:

Or, nerd-herding with helicopters! That oughta be fun! Please, please, PLEASE let someone in the helicopter with a steady hand record it from start to finish and post it on YouTube! :hyper:

TSS

Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:39 am

Australian Isaac Butterfield goes over the plan of attack for Storm Area 51 (NSFW- Language)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZpsttOMNZE

BravoOne

Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Well I hope the little restaurant in Rachel has plenty of chili and pies ready for those few who show up. I see that Arby's will lend support by providing catering this event. I doubt tat more than a few hundred, if that will show up, but it will deplete the resources of the Nevada Highway Patrol and others who work to keep Nevada safe. I'm sure by the time its over someone will complain about police brutality but that's the world we live in these days, like it or not.