Airstud
Topic Author

Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:30 am

I wanted to title this "Mississippi gubernatorial candidate is gay" but I expect that would've made work for the moderators.

This guy's campaign team said that "they believed the optics of the candidate with a woman, even a working reporter, could be used in a smear campaign to insinuate an extramarital affair."

I'm not sure that I've ever heard a bigger load of BS from a non-Trump politician. We're not supposed to take away from this that Foster regularly fellates male "reporters?" I mean they're effectively saying what they believe the campaign bus is actually for.
Pancakes are delicious.

BN747

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:47 am

Airstud wrote:
I wanted to title this "Mississippi gubernatorial candidate is gay" but I expect that would've made work for the moderators.

This guy's campaign team said that "they believed the optics of the candidate with a woman, even a working reporter, could be used in a smear campaign to insinuate an extramarital affair."

I'm not sure that I've ever heard a bigger load of BS from a non-Trump politician. We're not supposed to take away from this that Foster regularly fellates male "reporters?" I mean they're effectively saying what they believe the campaign bus is actually for.

Without looking it could only be a conservative Republican, y'know the guys with huge Female issues...looked it up and of course, as expected.

He'll be out-clowned within a week by one out to one up him.

[Edit]
Holy cow! I looked....and the guy is a young dude! And he's managed to Out-Pence'd... Mike Pence!???
How the hell is that possible in the 21st Century?

It's Mississippi after all...he could actually win, unbelievable....

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

LittleSprocket

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:57 am

Airstud wrote:

Seeing as how the go to accusation of the Democratic Party has been to accuse of rape or infidelity no matter what the evidence proves... I don’t blame him one bit.

Aesma

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:06 pm

Democrats don't care one bit about infidelity, and rape is another matter entirely.

They point out hypocrisy.

Like Airstud is suggesting, that guy has probably some stuff in his closet.

Even if some of his potential constituents follow similar rules, they don't care enough to vote on them, or Trump wouldn't be president.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

einsteinboricua

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:21 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
Seeing as how the go to accusation of the Democratic Party has been to accuse of rape or infidelity no matter what the evidence proves... I don’t blame him one bit.

I fully agree. If it were me I would prefer there be accountability through a third person in the room. It has nothing to do with the inability to control urges and everything to do with who people will believe if an accusation is made. Hint: it's not gonna be me. And given the Democrats' tendency to ask for officials to step down instead of allowing an investigation to yield results, I wouldn't take any chances.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

MaverickM11

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:28 pm

This is what happens when you follow the idiocy of the snowflake Pence/Graham rule. Republicans are TERRIFIED by women. I've never seen such precious, deranged nutjobs.

Aesma wrote:
Like Airstud is suggesting, that guy has probably some stuff in his closet.

$1 says he's Duncan Hunter V2.0

LittleSprocket wrote:
Airstud wrote:

Maybe Republicans could stop being/supporting rapists? Just a thought. Or they could drop the evangelical cancer from their ranks, since they're the only ones that allegedly care about infidelity, but then there'd be no GOP.
E pur si muove -Galileo

910A

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:45 pm

The good news is that candidate Robert Foster has been holding steady at 9% in the polls all this year. https://ballotpedia.org/Robert_Foster_(Mississippi)

TSS

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:02 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

I fully agree. If it were me I would prefer there be accountability through a third person in the room. It has nothing to do with the inability to control urges and everything to do with who people will believe if an accusation is made. Hint: it's not gonna be me. And given the Democrats' tendency to ask for officials to step down instead of allowing an investigation to yield results, I wouldn't take any chances.

^ This. In the court of public opinion a man, any man, who is accused of any impropriety with a woman is considered guilty until proven innocent no matter how ludicrous or innocuous the accusation might be, plus once the man is proven innocent every time his name gets mentioned from then on there will be whispers of "You know, he was accused of ______ a while back...".

Foster is just playing it safe.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

alfa164

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:04 pm

910A wrote:
The good news is that candidate Robert Foster has been holding steady at 9% in the polls all this year. https://ballotpedia.org/Robert_Foster_(Mississippi)

If half those voters were women, he just went to 4.5%...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

einsteinboricua

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:40 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Maybe Republicans could stop being/supporting rapists?

See, this is likely why he doesn't want to be alone with a woman. He's already lumped into the group through the logic of "Republicans defend/are rapists; this guy is a Republican; ergo, this guy defends/is a rapist". He's not even being given the benefit of the doubt of being a more cautious Republican and one to ensure full transparency. It only takes one accusation to ruin someone's reputation and even if proven false, the accused never fully recovers.

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:44 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Maybe Republicans could stop being/supporting rapists?

See, this is likely why he doesn't want to be alone with a woman. He's already lumped into the group through the logic of "Republicans defend/are rapists; this guy is a Republican; ergo, this guy defends/is a rapist". He's not even being given the benefit of the doubt of being a more cautious Republican and one to ensure full transparency. It only takes one accusation to ruin someone's reputation and even if proven false, the accused never fully recovers.

The accused never fully recovers? Like he ends up president or Supreme Court Justice? Or runs for senate not once but twice? Let's be honest, if this guy was Jewish or Muslim and demanded to not be sat next to women on a plane, all of you would spin your heads in frothing rage. The whole conceit of those religious books and this yahoo specifically is that women can't be trusted, and certainly can never be trusted as much as men, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.
E pur si muove -Galileo

einsteinboricua

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
The accused never fully recovers? Like he ends up president or Supreme Court Justice? Or runs for senate not once but twice?

Some birds of a feather stick together. While I don't sympathize with Trump, Kavanaugh, and company, we never got evidence of anything (Trump's the only one due to his "pu$$y" comments so it's inferred that he did). In the meantime, Kavanaugh is installed in the SCOTUS due to a rubber-stamp Senate but that still doesn't take away the fact that people still think he's a rapist (proving the point that the "innocent until proven guilty" ways are thrown out the window when it comes to rape accusations).

MaverickM11 wrote:
Let's be honest, if this guy was Jewish or Muslim and demanded to not be sat next to women on a plane, all of you would spin your heads in frothing rage.

Would I? Tell me more about how my head would be spinning. Would I believe that it's a religious thing? Not in the slightest. Is it a big deal that requires national headlines? No, unless we also make huge deals of people in buses refusing to sit next to others for the same reason.

MaverickM11 wrote:
The whole conceit of those religious books and this yahoo specifically is that women can't be trusted, and certainly can never be trusted as much as men, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

I'm an atheist, yet I find no problem with wanting to have accountability present. It has nothing to do with religion; that they use religion to shield themselves is a different matter entirely. Again: it only takes a single accusation to ruin a person's reputation. Sorry, but if I have a future career in public service or as a celebrity, I will not take any chances from anyone who may use the situation to bring me down or get their 15 minutes of fame.

Braybuddy

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:41 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Let's be honest, if this guy was Jewish or Muslim and demanded to not be sat next to women on a plane, all of you would spin your heads in frothing rage.

You can't equate the two. One is completely irrational, the other has very solid reasoning behind it.

MaverickM11

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:41 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

You can't equate the two. One is completely irrational, the other has very solid reasoning behind it.

Wait, which one is irrational? They're both born out of the same febrile, backward men, who view women as lesser temptresses who cannot be trusted. It is misogyny so ancient it's literally in the Bible/Torah.

einsteinboricua wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
The accused never fully recovers? Like he ends up president or Supreme Court Justice? Or runs for senate not once but twice?

Some birds of a feather stick together. While I don't sympathize with Trump, Kavanaugh, and company, we never got evidence of anything (Trump's the only one due to his "pu$$y" comments so it's inferred that he did). In the meantime, Kavanaugh is installed in the SCOTUS due to a rubber-stamp Senate but that still doesn't take away the fact that people still think he's a rapist (proving the point that the "innocent until proven guilty" ways are thrown out the window when it comes to rape accusations).

MaverickM11 wrote:

Would I? Tell me more about how my head would be spinning. Would I believe that it's a religious thing? Not in the slightest. Is it a big deal that requires national headlines? No, unless we also make huge deals of people in buses refusing to sit next to others for the same reason.

MaverickM11 wrote:
The whole conceit of those religious books and this yahoo specifically is that women can't be trusted, and certainly can never be trusted as much as men, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

I'm an atheist, yet I find no problem with wanting to have accountability present. It has nothing to do with religion; that they use religion to shield themselves is a different matter entirely. Again: it only takes a single accusation to ruin a person's reputation. Sorry, but if I have a future career in public service or as a celebrity, I will not take any chances from anyone who may use the situation to bring me down or get their 15 minutes of fame.

I'm not sure if taking the religious excuse out of the misogyny makes it better or worse. So long story short, women can't be trusted because they might slander men, versus men who never ever slander other men. Got it. :checkmark:
E pur si muove -Galileo

Braybuddy

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:40 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Wait, which one is irrational? They're both born out of the same febrile, backward men, who view women as lesser temptresses who cannot be trusted. It is misogyny so ancient it's literally in the Bible/Torah.

More a case of being afraid of false accusations, or a lawsuit. In case you have missed it:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/27/worl ... s-men.html

MaverickM11

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

More a case of being afraid of false accusations, or a lawsuit. In case you have missed it:

Only the most backward, knuckle dragging, old testament simple minded garbage men would find that of all the cases of sexual assault, where 99% of rapists never are charged, and *maybe* 2% of accusations are "false" find a way to shift the blame back onto women. It's unreal. And of course a cause evangelical rapist Trump would spearhead because it's perfect for his combination misogyny, phony victimhood, and 2nd grade mental capacity. This is like white men complaining about Black History Month right after Jim Crow.
E pur si muove -Galileo

johns624

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:07 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
I think that you're looking at it backwards. I don't think this idiot trusts himself to be alone with a woman. Either that, or he thinks he's god's gift to women and they won't be able to restrain themselves.

MaverickM11

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:17 pm

johns624 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
I think that you're looking at it backwards. I don't think this idiot trusts himself to be alone with a woman. Either that, or he thinks he's god's gift to women and they won't be able to restrain themselves.

Fair, nonetheless like I said: garbage men.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Braybuddy

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:22 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Fair, nonetheless like I said: garbage men.

Pray tell why?

TSS

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:31 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Only the most backward, knuckle dragging, old testament simple minded garbage men would find that of all the cases of sexual assault, where 99% of rapists never are charged, and *maybe* 2% of accusations are "false" find a way to shift the blame back onto women.

You seem to have left a few words out of your quote, Maverick. Let me fix it for you: Between 2 and 10 percent of sexual assault allegations reported to police are proven to be false.

A clever cartoon to explain- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8zSDvaYrRw

Link to a PDF of the study mentioned in the cartoon- "False Allegations of Sexual Assualt: An Analysis of Ten Years of Reported Cases"- https://cdn.atixa.org/website-media/atixa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/12193336/Lisak-False-Allegations-16-VAW-1318-2010.pdf
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Braybuddy

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Only the most backward, knuckle dragging, old testament simple minded garbage men would find that of all the cases of sexual assault, where 99% of rapists never are charged, and *maybe* 2% of accusations are "false" find a way to shift the blame back onto women. It's unreal. And of course a cause evangelical rapist Trump would spearhead because it's perfect for his combination misogyny, phony victimhood, and 2nd grade mental capacity. This is like white men complaining about Black History Month right after Jim Crow.

Somehow I missed this post, I only saw your last one when I looked. If you're going to make accusations like "99% of rapists never are charged" you need to back them up with links. As for "and *maybe* 2% of accusations are "false" find a way to shift the blame back onto women.", can you explain what you mean here? It doesn't make sense at all, to my ears anyway.

einsteinboricua

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:30 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
So long story short, women can't be trusted because they might slander men, versus men who never ever slander other men. Got it. :checkmark:

When was the last time you heard a man accuse another man of sexually assaulting him? And if you do recall a moment, who did you believe the first time around?

Regardless, no matter who I'm with, I'll always request a 3rd person present. Brings into context everything being said and done and serves as witness. Again, why is that a bad thing?

MaverickM11

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:43 pm

TSS wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:

Only the most backward, knuckle dragging, old testament simple minded garbage men would find that of all the cases of sexual assault, where 99% of rapists never are charged, and *maybe* 2% of accusations are "false" find a way to shift the blame back onto women.

You seem to have left a few words out of your quote, Maverick. Let me fix it for you: Between 2 and 10 percent of sexual assault allegations reported to police are proven to be false.

And you left out loads of more words that point out that those numbers are inflated because "false" accusation includes things like cases without enough evidence to prosecute

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Somehow I missed this post, I only saw your last one when I looked. If you're going to make accusations like "99% of rapists never are charged" you need to back them up with links. As for "and *maybe* 2% of accusations are "false" find a way to shift the blame back onto women.", can you explain what you mean here? It doesn't make sense at all, to my ears anyway.

einsteinboricua wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
So long story short, women can't be trusted because they might slander men, versus men who never ever slander other men. Got it. :checkmark:

When was the last time you heard a man accuse another man of sexually assaulting him? And if you do recall a moment, who did you believe the first time around?

Regardless, no matter who I'm with, I'll always request a 3rd person present. Brings into context everything being said and done and serves as witness. Again, why is that a bad thing?

Considering 5-14% of men are sexual assault victims, and that number is likely way higher than the much feared 'false accusation', you should probably avoid being alone with men too, and hide under your desk. With the lights off. And the door locked. And 9-1 dialed on your phone ready to go at all times.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Braybuddy

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:10 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Considering 5-14% of men are sexual assault victims, and that number is likely way higher than the much feared 'false accusation', you should probably avoid being alone with men too, and hide under your desk. With the lights off. And the door locked. And 9-1 dialed on your phone ready to go at all times.

So you believe in 2019 there is no need at all to take precautions against false accusations?

Ken777

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:25 pm

If all the nice ladies in Mississippi were to vote for the opponent to this flake it might help take Mississippi out of the 19th century and into the 20th Century, That would be "One Small Step For Mississippi.

afcjets

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:29 pm

Ken777 wrote:
If all the nice ladies in Mississippi were to vote for the opponent to this flake it might help take Mississippi out of the 19th century and into the 20th Century, That would be "One Small Step For Mississippi.

Believe it or not not all woman care only about one issue, especially one this irrelevant.

afcjets

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Airstud wrote:

I don't get it. Why would you think a married man saying he would not be alone with a female on a 15 hour bus ride means that?

Your title btw is misleading, she is not barred from an interview or even riding on his bus, just he would want someone else present.

Super80Fan

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:57 am

Good for him. As a good friend of two individuals, both male & female accused wrongly of sexual assault they never committed, I can say better safe than sorry. As soon as "sexual assault" or "rape" is brought up, the court of public opinion immediately delivers a guilty verdict against the accused.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

bennett123

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:29 am

So when he said that he would want a third party to be present, who did she suggest?.

MaverickM11

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:50 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

So you believe in 2019 there is no need at all to take precautions against false accusations?

You realize false accusations long predate MeToo, right? Interesting that snowflake man babies only got their panties in a twist about the 2% of false accusations when the other 98% of legitimate victims dared to get even the most remote of justice and attention... Wonder why :roll:
E pur si muove -Galileo

BN747

Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

That's the cover story....

johns624 wrote:
I don't think this idiot trusts himself to be alone with a woman. Either that, or...

...and there is the truth.

A skilled predator always cast a false foreshadow of what the truly are. Conservatives have mastered this.

'Paint yourself as a Saint'...then get down to business because you believe 'everyone bought what you just sold them..'

He either has a secret Boy Scout buddy or is logged in as guest on Big St. James Island, better known as Pedo Island.

But don't buy the Goodie Two-shoe Guy act for a second...I bet he's a SuperSonic christian too! They, like the LearJet preachers...are the worst!

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Tugger

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:30 pm

As a manager in a company there is a reason why all offices now have windows to the office. Occupants are visible to the rest of the office. I keep the blinds open during any meeting with any other person. I am not afraid of false accusations but being intelligent about situations with others is the right thing to do.

The simple solution for this situation would be for this candidate to simply state there will be NO "one on one" interviews. Male or female.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

Braybuddy

Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:37 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
You realize false accusations long predate MeToo, right? Interesting that snowflake man babies only got their panties in a twist about the 2% of false accusations when the other 98% of legitimate victims dared to get even the most remote of justice and attention... Wonder why :roll:

How would YOU feel about being falsely accused of sexual harassment, or worse? Would you take it on the chin and say nothing, or become one of those same "snowflake man babies"? Just curious . . .

Aesma

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:13 pm

bennett123 wrote:
So when he said that he would want a third party to be present, who did she suggest?.

She said she was a grown woman and didn't need a chaperone.

The guy could have provided his own, BTW.

And if it's a bus, I'm sure he's not driving it, so there we have it, the driver !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

einsteinboricua

Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:14 am

Aesma wrote:
The guy could have provided his own, BTW.

Except in the event of a false accusation, his provided chaperone may not be believed at all. What if the provided chaperone is lumped into the accusation?

Tugger wrote:
The simple solution for this situation would be for this candidate to simply state there will be NO "one on one" interviews. Male or female.

The problem here is that the reporter wants to tag along with him, not just do a sit-down interview.

MaverickM11

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:49 am

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

How would YOU feel about being falsely accused of sexual harassment, or worse? Would you take it on the chin and say nothing, or become one of those same "snowflake man babies"? Just curious . . .

It's not something I worry about since it's such a remote possibility, and I certainly am not a 'snowflake man baby' that needs to make the other 98% of legitimate accusations about me, maligning all females as underhanded threats to men
E pur si muove -Galileo

Tugger

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:55 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
[ am not a 'snowflake man baby' that needs to make the other 98% of legitimate accusations about me,

Wait....how many legitimate accusations are there against your? That 98% of accusations about you are true is pretty bad.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin