casinterest

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Tugger wrote:
casinterest wrote:
I am not saying that as a fact, just that it is a possibility. You can refer to the thread we had about "honey/sweetie" for that.

But again, this person was exonerated. It is not a possibility, or at least it is no more a possibility than it is that the person making the accusation was incorrect to do so.

casinterest wrote:
The rule of three is a HR way out of a situation. But it only punishes the third wheel when they are not a part of the issue being discussed. There are many situations where I as an employeee must talk to a manager or an employee about salary, future, and goals, and I do not want a third party present for those.

That is why they now have "inside windows". Your office (or the room you use for such discussions) has one, yes?

Tugg

Some do, Some don't Some have shades. and heaven forbid, I have been at my office before when only two people were in the whole place. But why do windows matter? The car the Governor would have been on would have had Windows right?

There are far too many CMA people out there that don't work , but worry too much.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Braybuddy

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:00 pm

casinterest wrote:
Easily dismissed is not the issue. HR and management have protocols to follow. You have to take a good hard look at yourself and your actions and ensure that you did all you could do to handle the situation fairly. If you did, then you have to ride it out. If there are things you could have changed, then you should look at it and see what could be done. Public opinion is always just that, and it can change at a moment's notice.

The other person is not always right, but sometimes you have to wait a bit for the verification.

Oh I can assure you we did. We went over every thing that was said and were even questioning our own sanity. The MD interrogated us separately, and of course our stories tallied. She was never interrogated, of course: she made her allegations and left, leaving us to stew. It wasn't going to affect me, as I was three months away from leaving the company anyway, but the other guy, a 22-year-old who was on probation, nearly lost his job. While I let it go at the time, every so often I'd think about it. I wasn't prepared to "ride it out", as you suggest. Someone almost lost their job over her malicious behaviour. Eventually I made a formal complaint to her company, in person. Doing it by phone or e-mail wouldn't have been appropriate.

So am I one of MD11's "snowflake crybabies" for retaliating? That's up to him to decide (which is why I asked him what he would do in a similar situation), but I know I did the right thing, if for no other reason than to make her think twice before doing it again.

casinterest

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Easily dismissed is not the issue. HR and management have protocols to follow. You have to take a good hard look at yourself and your actions and ensure that you did all you could do to handle the situation fairly. If you did, then you have to ride it out. If there are things you could have changed, then you should look at it and see what could be done. Public opinion is always just that, and it can change at a moment's notice.

The other person is not always right, but sometimes you have to wait a bit for the verification.

Oh I can assure you we did. We went over every thing that was said and were even questioning our own sanity. The MD interrogated us separately, and of course our stories tallied. She was never interrogated, of course: she made her allegations and left, leaving us to stew. It wasn't going to affect me, as I was three months away from leaving the company anyway, but the other guy, a 22-year-old who was on probation, nearly lost his job. While I let it go at the time, every so often I'd think about it. I wasn't prepared to "ride it out", as you suggest. Someone almost lost their job over her malicious behaviour. Eventually I made a formal complaint to her company, in person. Doing it by phone or e-mail wouldn't have been appropriate.

So am I one of MD11's "snowflake crybabies" for retaliating? That's up to him to decide (which is why I asked him what he would do in a similar situation), but I know I did the right thing, if for no other reason than to make her think twice before doing it again.

It sucks to go through something like that, but I do believe you did the correct thing. I just don't see that as a good reason for banning one on one communications.
Where ever you go, there you are.

MaverickM11

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:58 am

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
It's not something I worry about since it's such a remote possibility, and I certainly am not a 'snowflake man baby' that needs to make the other 98% of legitimate accusations about me, maligning all females as underhanded threats to men

But it still could happen, no matter how remote the possibility. How would you deal with it?

The odds are so laughably small it is not a worry at all. But I certainly wouldn't regard an entire gender with suspicion, or blame the metoo movement for something that was occurring long before.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Braybuddy

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:06 am

casinterest wrote:
It sucks to go through something like that, but I do believe you did the correct thing. I just don't see that as a good reason for banning one on one communications.

Company policy was changed after that, certainly for staff meeting external females, but I'm not sure if that included men as well. I know I would never allow myself to get in that kind of situation again. It's an unequal battle: women can very easily portray themselves as the vulnerable party, terrified by male aggression and intimidation, as this woman did. I doubt a man would get away with that. This all happened a couple of years before #MeToo, so the situation is probably even more unbalanced now.

Braybuddy

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:09 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
The odds are so laughably small it is not a worry at all.

That's what they said about the Titanic. I'd still like to know what you'd do in response to false accusations.

MaverickM11

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:43 am

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

That's what they said about the Titanic. I'd still like to know what you'd do in response to false accusations.

Just so we're clear, you're maligning an entire movement and an entire gender on the off chance something so rare might happen that you liken it to the Titanic--do I have that right? What would you do on the off chance your toes fall off?
E pur si muove -Galileo

DL717

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:03 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Just so we're clear, you're maligning an entire movement and an entire gender on the off chance something so rare might happen that you liken it to the Titanic--do I have that right? What would you do on the off chance your toes fall off?

In today’s world, where political conservatives are being targeted for everything from soup to nuts, why wouldn’t you? You’d have to be a complete idiot to get on a bus alone with a female reporter for several hours. Don’t go with the whole “driver is there angle”. He’s driving the bus.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

BN747

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:40 am

DL717 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:

In today’s world, where political conservatives are being targeted for everything from soup to nuts,

They've earned every drop of disrespect that comes their way ...they've done nothing for the benefit of others.

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

TTailedTiger

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:51 am

BN747 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Wait, which one is irrational? They're both born out of the same febrile, backward men, who view women as lesser temptresses who cannot be trusted. It is misogyny so ancient it's literally in the Bible/Torah.

More a case of being afraid of false accusations, or a lawsuit. In case you have missed it:

That's the cover story....

johns624 wrote:
I don't think this idiot trusts himself to be alone with a woman. Either that, or...

...and there is the truth.

A skilled predator always cast a false foreshadow of what the truly are. Conservatives have mastered this.

'Paint yourself as a Saint'...then get down to business because you believe 'everyone bought what you just sold them..'

He either has a secret Boy Scout buddy or is logged in as guest on Big St. James Island, better known as Pedo Island.

But don't buy the Goodie Two-shoe Guy act for a second...I bet he's a SuperSonic christian too! They, like the LearJet preachers...are the worst!

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

Wow. You have labeled this guy a sexual predator with zero evidence. That's disgusting.

MaverickM11

Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:17 am

DL717 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:

In today’s world, where political conservatives are being targeted for everything from soup to nuts, why wouldn’t you?

Have they tried, oh idunno, not sexually assaulting people? Can you name one conservative who was 100%, definitively maligned and his or her career suffered?
E pur si muove -Galileo

DL717

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:05 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:

More a case of being afraid of false accusations, or a lawsuit. In case you have missed it:

johns624 wrote:
I don't think this idiot trusts himself to be alone with a woman. Either that, or...

A skilled predator always cast a false foreshadow of what the truly are. Conservatives have mastered this.

'Paint yourself as a Saint'...then get down to business because you believe 'everyone bought what you just sold them..'

He either has a secret Boy Scout buddy or is logged in as guest on Big St. James Island, better known as Pedo Island.

But don't buy the Goodie Two-shoe Guy act for a second...I bet he's a SuperSonic christian too! They, like the LearJet preachers...are the worst!

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

Wow. You have labeled this guy a sexual predator with zero evidence. That's disgusting.

And they wonder why he won’t get on a bus with a female reporter.

MaverickM11 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

In today’s world, where political conservatives are being targeted for everything from soup to nuts, why wouldn’t you?

Have they tried, oh idunno, not sexually assaulting people? Can you name one conservative who was 100%, definitively maligned and his or her career suffered?

Wow. Just wow. :?

Braybuddy

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:11 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:

Call an ambulance. You're still avoiding the question.

VTKillarney

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:02 pm

The leftists created this environment by, as one example, giving plenty of airtime to the patently absurd accusations leveled by Julie Swetnick against Justice Kavanaugh. It's ironic that they are complaining over someone who is protecting against this.

Tugger

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

I am also curious as to the avoided question. What does one do if accused? How does one properly manage their life such that there is minimal chance they will be inappropriate or will be accused? If accused, how do you ensure what happened, what was done, and what actions for correction need to be taken?

Also who is "maligning an entire movement"? I think it reaffirms the movement and takes it fully seriously. MeToo is about men's unwanted advances against women, whether intentional or unintentional, and bringing that to the fore to have men and society address the issue, take seriously and treat fairly accusations made, and prevent such things from happening in the first place going forward. How does this situation "malign the entire movement"?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

BN747

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:20 pm

DL717 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

Just as easily as you swallow the whole 'god told me to buy this learjet' preachers... same goes the MO of the worst sexual 'Who Me?' predators.

Easiest fooled - those who immediately buy into the nicely packaged christian guys holding the bible, suckers them in every time without fail.

People who never 'get out'..never see them coming.

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Braybuddy

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:05 pm

Tugger wrote:
I am also curious as to the avoided question. What does one do if accused? How does one properly manage their life such that there is minimal chance they will be inappropriate or will be accused? If accused, how do you ensure what happened, what was done, and what actions for correction need to be taken?

You fight back. Maverick's logic seems to suggest that men are not entitled to fight false accusations because some men treat women badly. That is so wrong on every level, not least because you're encouraging -- and possibly rewarding -- malicious behaviour. And you're sending out the wrong message, to both men and women.

BN747

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
Tugger wrote:

You fight back. Maverick's logic seems to suggest that men are not entitled to fight false accusations because some men treat women badly. That is so wrong on every level, not least because you're encouraging -- and possibly rewarding -- malicious behaviour. And you're sending out the wrong message, to both men and women.

Maverick has a point.

The scoreboard of Men Wrong doings to Females over time = Graham's Number aka immeasurable.

Vs

The scoreboard of Women Wrong doings to Males over time = Has to be a number in the low millions.

On that scale...women are owed a lot, a Helluva Lot!

And the model of WOMAN ... has be shaped and defined by Male Demands, not by self-determination of Females. #MeToo is the motivating force behind renewed defining of Women.
Unfortunately, in order to rid Society of the most dangerous (the most powerful) predators, everywhere...there must be a few collateral (false accusations) sufferers - guys who really 'didn't do it' types.

Why?

Because Human 'justice' is flawed by it's very nature. Example, the black guy who knows who to game the system to score a 'discrimination' lawsuit (police, fire dept employee, gov't employee, etc) when the law was designed for obvious and egregious discriminatory practices - which many have been subjected to but simply walked away for whatever reason.

Same thing with women.

We who are alive now, are living during the Age of Female Payback..like or not (and most Men will not) we are not are the beginning stages of that social transition.

Bibles and keeping distance will NOT work. That's just the cowardly 'if I don't see it, it doesn't exist' mentality...no different than throwing a sheet over women and cutting out holes for them to see where they're going Saudi style. That shit is just Super Stupid!

It solves nothing.

And all these guys getting bent out-of-shape over fear of wrongful accusations come mostly from those least of having the opportunity to even commit a sexual crime.. no skin in the game, just pitching a bitch because their unused-manhood 'feels threatened'.

I too am subject to being a falsely accused bad actor simply by being an active male..but I know history and I have no problem accepting the terms of the necessary change 'time' is coming to collect for centuries of misogynistic sexually offensive conduct of other men.

The Bill is overdue...it will be paid, one way or another. Unfortunately, some innocent roadkill will occur.

Better Behavior is the solution. It can only be legislated to a certain extent, but humans being 'humans'.. guarantees resistance to the change for the better - in all things, including this subject.

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

BN747

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:51 pm

A final note on my post above...

Men my age and 15 years younger (and off course older) have lived during the Age of Men'.. Male dominance - Worldwide.

It's now long past time 'others' get a turn, others getting a chance means newer, fresher ideas can emerge from sources of than the minds of Men of the Past.

Anyone having a problem with that..is someone at odds with Societal change - which is okay, you don't have to like it...but you CAN NOT stop it.
Bitching, moaning, groaning & crying 'foul'...are merely efforts to stand in the way.

You had your chance to fix it, to change it....you didn't.

Don't go crying now that things are moving away from archaic thought to the unfamiliar. It's how progress is made.

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTailedTiger

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:51 pm

BN747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Just as easily as you swallow the whole 'god told me to buy this learjet' preachers... same goes the MO of the worst sexual 'Who Me?' predators.

Easiest fooled - those who immediately buy into the nicely packaged christian guys holding the bible, suckers them in every time without fail.

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

What are you taking about? I can't even remember the last time I was in church and I certainly have no use for televangelists. Turn off MSNBC and trying thinking for yourself.

BN747

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:55 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
BN747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

What are you taking about? I can't even remember the last time I was in church and I certainly have no use for televangelists. Turn off MSNBC and trying thinking for yourself.

Clearly, matters beyond your comprehension - and age.

My advice to you, go live life...you demonstrate way too much pent up anger for someone who hasn't a clue. Especially for a non-church go-er.

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

Tugger

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:01 pm

BN747 wrote:
Maverick has a point.

Of course he has a point, and so does BrayBuddy. But you are only acknowledging one of them.

BN747 wrote:
Unfortunately, in order to rid Society of the most dangerous (the most powerful) predators, everywhere...there must be a few collateral (false accusations) sufferers - guys who really 'didn't do it' types.

And right there you are making the case that supports the gubernatorial candidate.

And why it is the proper thing to think about? We go right back to the question of "insurance", one must plan for things and the worse the impact of something on your life the more you protection you should plan for. Let me be clear: I am not supporting the candidate actions. However it is not a dumb thing to properly manage a situation so it is safe for all involved. An accusation of abuse toward a woman is (and should be) life changing. It is a serious thing.

Here you are clearly stating that there will be false accusations. I for one will "carry insurance" in my mind, my actions, my interactions and try to create situations where that is never a problem. Women should NEVER be mistreated. I am surrounded by women in my life (having daughters can do that to you) and I care deeply to ensure that they are taken seriously and safe and successful in what they do.

BN747 wrote:
Better Behavior is the solution. It can only be legislated to a certain extent, but humans being 'humans'.. guarantees resistance to the change for the better - in all things, including this subject.

And again you are supporting the candidate. Good behavior is the key but behavior for humans is not a sure thing, we all behave badly at time or are perceived by others to be doing so when we do not even realize/intend it. So creating situations where good behaviors reinforced is a good thing.

Look, no one should force themselves on someone else. So why are people offended when someone is trying to force themselves on someone else and that person says "no" or "only if someone else is there"? It takes two and if it is me and you then I get to say if I get together with you just as much as you get to say. And we have to come to an agreement somehow.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

BN747

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:12 pm

Tugger wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Maverick has a point.

Of course he has a point, and so does BrayBuddy. But you are only acknowledging one of them.

BN747 wrote:

And right there you are making the case that supports the gubernatorial candidate.

And why it is the proper thing to think about? We go right back to the question of "insurance", one must plan for things and the worse the impact of something on your life the more you protection you should plan for. Let me be clear: I am not supporting the candidate actions. However it is not a dumb thing to properly manage a situation so it is safe for all involved. An accusation of abuse toward a woman is (and should be) life changing. It is a serious thing.

Here you are clearly stating that there will be false accusations. I for one will "carry insurance" in my mind, my actions, my interactions and try to create situations where that is never a problem. Women should NEVER be mistreated. I am surrounded by women in my life (having daughters can do that to you) and I care deeply to ensure that they are taken seriously and safe and successful in what they do.

BN747 wrote:

And again you are supporting the candidate. Good behavior is the key but behavior for humans is not a sure thing, we all behave badly at time or are perceived by others to be doing so when we do not even realize/intend it. So creating situations where good behaviors reinforced is a good thing.

Look, no one should force themselves on someone else. So why are people offended when someone is trying to force themselves on someone else and that person says "no" or "only if someone else is there"? It takes two and if it is me and you then I get to say if I get together with you just as much as you get to say. And we have to come to an agreement somehow.

Tugg

Thought you were more enlightened than that.

Dodging, hiding, non-engagement only paves the way to lesser understanding as well as artificial character and personas.

This Candidate might as well drape a burka over his wife as well...I mean, don't go half-Saudi! If you're gonna go 'keep the women' over there - Go Full Bore like the Saudis.

Better Behavior comes from More interaction ...NOT Separation.

BradyBuddy clearly speaks the epitome of the Age of Man Past'.

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747[/quote]

Tugger

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:25 pm

BN747 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Maverick has a point.

BN747 wrote:

BN747 wrote:

Tugg

Dodging, hiding, non-engagement only paves the way to lesser understanding as well as artificial character and personas.

This Candidate might as well drape a burka over his wife as well...I mean, don't go half-Saudi! If you're gonna go 'keep the women' over there - Go Full Bore like the Saudis.

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
[/quote]
You are not doing very well in this argument. You keep going to platitudes and pseudo-attacks and not actually discussing the relevant points.

I have stated my points clearly. I support women and their rights and ability to be free from abuse and being accosted by morons (even when unintended). But I equally support that society accepts we need to be smart and aware of what situations we are creating. You seem to be trying to demean me or my thinking rather than clarifying the point you are supporting. Attempting to claim I am not "enlightened" is silly and useless to make any point.

Tugg

BN747

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:36 pm

Tugger wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

You are not doing very well in this argument. You keep going to platitudes and pseudo-attacks and not actually discussing the relevant points.

I have stated my points clearly. I support women and their rights and ability to be free from abuse and being accosted by morons (even when unintended). But I equally support that society accepts we need to be smart and aware of what situations we are creating. You seem to be trying to demean me or my thinking rather than clarifying the point you are supporting. Attempting to claim I am not "enlightened" is silly and useless to make any point.

Tugg[/quote]

Tugger wrote:
You are not doing very well

Most men will side with you on that...you are conditioned.

I'll weigh a females opinion on my accuracy of our state of affairs.

You've refuted nothing but you expressed 'disagreement'.

Tugger wrote:
You keep going to platitudes and pseudo-attacks and not actually discussing the relevant points.

Platitudes? You mean a simplistic mantra that carries galactic sized meaning...like "Lock Her Up"?...sometimes 'simplicity' is quite effective.

Where is this 'pseudo-attacks'?

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

Tugger

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:49 pm

BN747 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

Tugg

Tugger wrote:

Tugger wrote:
You keep going to platitudes and pseudo-attacks and not actually discussing the relevant points.

Platitudes? You mean a simplistic mantra that carries galactic sized meaning...like "Lock Her Up"?...sometimes 'simplicity' is quite effective.

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

You continue to refute nothing but just express 'disagreement'.

And you continue to attempt to belittle and drag me. It appears you are conditioned to do so reflexively.

Not much useful information in your reply.

BN747 wrote:

I am curious though on this statement. So you are the arbiter of women's opinions based on "your accuracy"?

BN747 wrote:

Where have I said that anywhere? Or anything even remotely like that?

BN747 wrote:

Thought you were more enlightened than that.... conditioned ... the epitome of the Age of Man Past

As I said pseudo, basically dog-whistle attacks.
Tugg

BN747

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:14 pm

Tugger wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Tugger wrote:

Tugger wrote:

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

You continue to refute nothing but just express 'disagreement'.

And you continue to attempt to belittle and drag me. It appears you are conditioned to do so reflexively.

Not much useful information in your reply.

BN747 wrote:

I am curious though on this statement. So you are the arbiter of women's opinions based on "your accuracy"?

BN747 wrote:

Where have I said that anywhere? Or anything even remotely like that?

BN747 wrote:

Thought you were more enlightened than that.... conditioned ... the epitome of the Age of Man Past

As I said pseudo, basically dog-whistle attacks.
Tugg

Jeeez...a little cheese with that whine???

And no, I'm not the Arbiter of the matter...'WOMEN' are! Dude, keep up!

Don't Vote Rapist

BN747

Braybuddy

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:41 pm

BN747 wrote:

Maverick has a point.

If you don't believe in equality, yes.

BN747 wrote:
#MeToo is the motivating force behind renewed defining of Women.

Even #MeToo isn't advocating women getting a free pass on false accusations!

Braybuddy

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:48 pm

BN747 wrote:

In the immortal words of Oscar Wilde: "There is nothing is so dangerous as being too modern. One is apt to grow old-fashioned quite suddenly.” :wink2:

DL717

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:45 am

BN747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

I swallow the whole “God told me to buy this Learjet preachers”? Interesting assumption.

seb146

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:19 am

If the woman were an Asian lesbian would she have received the same treatment? She is a reporter, after all. I wonder if there were other female reporters there and what their sexual orientation and heritage were? That seems to matter greatly to Republicans.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:54 am

DL717 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Wow. Just wow. :?

Wow indeed. It's right out of the republican playbook counseling black men on not getting shot for, you know, false accusations, even when it's all on camera. Bit tougher row to hoe when your party leader is an admitted sexual predator though, with no adverse affect I might add...
Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

I guess you'll just have to hold your breath, because it's a dumb question. False accusations have existed forever, with various legal ways to combat them. The phoney baloney "concern" you exhibit since #MeToo isn't new either.
E pur si muove -Galileo

VTKillarney

Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:23 am

seb146 wrote:
If the woman were an Asian lesbian would she have received the same treatment? She is a reporter, after all. I wonder if there were other female reporters there and what their sexual orientation and heritage were? That seems to matter greatly to Republicans.....

Can’t an Asian lesbian claim that a man sexually harassed them?

VTKillarney

Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 am

You know how leftists can start respecting women? They can stop parading liars such as Julie Swetnick and Avenatti all over the airwaves just to score political points. Doing so harms true victims of sexual assault.

johns624

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:34 am

TTailedTiger wrote:

No, I didn't. If you didn't mean me, you should learn how to selectively quote. It's really easy, just highlight and delete what you don't want in your reply. See, I just did it. If you did mean me, your reading comprehension isn't up to par.

TTailedTiger

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:38 am

johns624 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

No, I didn't. If you didn't mean me, you should learn how to selectively quote. It's really easy, just highlight and delete what you don't want in your reply. See, I just did it. If you did mean me, your reading comprehension isn't up to par.

Dude chill. Obviously I didn't mean you. It's not easy to drag and highlight when on a phone. This antiquated forum software is to blame. Other forums don't include all previous quotes when you quote someone.

Braybuddy

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:44 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
I guess you'll just have to hold your breath, because it's a dumb question. False accusations have existed forever, with various legal ways to combat them.

Without realising it, you've just answered the question. You'd fight back. Do I take it that you are now one of those same 'snowflake man babies' that you complained about?

MaverickM11 wrote:
The phoney baloney "concern" you exhibit since #MeToo isn't new either.

Again you're making things up. You incorrectly accused be earlier of "maligning an enitre movement". Now you're complaining about me exhibiting "false concern". I did neither.

BN747

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:22 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
You know how leftists can start respecting women? They can stop parading liars such as Julie Swetnick and Avenatti all over the airwaves just to score political points. Doing so harms true victims of sexual assault.

Hmmm...so how or where does the 'Right' begin to start respecting women in your pool of wisdom?... this oughta be easy...

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

seb146

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:05 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:

"You can't be here because you are a woman" is what we are discussing. The candidate for governor does not believe women can do the jobs men can do. It has nothing to do with sexual harassment. It has to do with the 1800s mind set. Women can not make decisions on their own, have their own careers, and should only be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. This is what Republicans want. They prove it every day. The deafening silence from Republicans after "send them back" is proving that.

Republicans love to parade around their women and minorities as proof they are inclusive. Even when it is pointed out they always support and pass legislation that hurts everyone but white evangelical men.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

VTKillarney

Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:55 pm

seb146 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:

"You can't be here because you are a woman" is what we are discussing. The candidate for governor does not believe women can do the jobs men can do. It has nothing to do with sexual harassment. It has to do with the 1800s mind set. Women can not make decisions on their own, have their own careers, and should only be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. This is what Republicans want. They prove it every day. The deafening silence from Republicans after "send them back" is proving that.

Republicans love to parade around their women and minorities as proof they are inclusive. Even when it is pointed out they always support and pass legislation that hurts everyone but white evangelical men.

What are you talking about? She was certainly free to be there. She was just not welcome to be there alone. Which is very reasonable given the fact that we know false allegations have been levied against conservatives in the political arena.

Bigstud69

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:58 pm

seb146 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Seems the results of the legislation disagrees with your slander. School vouchers are a great example of this.

Bigstud69

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:04 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Wow indeed. It's right out of the republican playbook counseling black men on not getting shot for, you know, false accusations, even when it's all on camera. Bit tougher row to hoe when your party leader is an admitted sexual predator though, with no adverse affect I might add...

False accusations? Still pushing the black lives matter nonsense despite the fact that the facts I these cases prove their narratives wrong?

MaverickM11 wrote:
I guess you'll just have to hold your breath, because it's a dumb question. False accusations have existed forever, with various legal ways to combat them. The phoney baloney "concern" you exhibit since #MeToo isn't new either.

"Metoo" has become a joke like most activist hashtags.

MaverickM11

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:05 am

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
I guess you'll just have to hold your breath, because it's a dumb question. False accusations have existed forever, with various legal ways to combat them.

Without realising it, you've just answered the question. You'd fight back. Do I take it that you are now one of those same 'snowflake man babies' that you complained about?

You mean you'd do the same thing people have always done when faced with false accusations? Groundbreaking. :roll: Why does it have to involve maligning an entire gender? Men assault men too--is he going to avoid meetings with men as well? What about sending his children to church--that seems like an invitation for sexual assault; is he going to avoid church too? Why just women? You don't have to answer--we already know.

Braybuddy wrote:

MaverickM11 wrote:

Again you're making things up. You incorrectly accused be earlier of "maligning an enitre movement". Now you're complaining about me exhibiting "false concern". I did neither.

You do both every time you open your mouth--you've made it clear women can't be trusted for fear of false accusations, which is rich to hear republicans clucking about false accusations when it's all they traffic in, whether it's man, woman, or child.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Braybuddy

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:45 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
You mean you'd do the same thing people have always done when faced with false accusations? Groundbreaking. :roll: Why does it have to involve maligning an entire gender? Men assault men too--is he going to avoid meetings with men as well? What about sending his children to church--that seems like an invitation for sexual assault; is he going to avoid church too? Why just women? You don't have to answer--we already know.

Probably because it's the top concern among working men:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimelsesse ... 1c74c8866a

Of course he'd be sensible to avoid a similar situation with a man -- if he's gay (I don't know anything about this man) -- otherwise there's not much point.

MaverickM11 wrote:
You do both every time you open your mouth--you've made it clear women can't be trusted for fear of false accusations, which is rich to hear republicans clucking about false accusations when it's all they traffic in, whether it's man, woman, or child.

Tell that to my female friends! You weigh up each situation as it arises. Being alone in a possible confrontational situation with anyone is not a good idea, but there's much more of an imbalance when it's a man/woman. The woman is taking more of a risk as she's more likely to be assaulted by the man, and the woman is more likely to be believed if the man is accused of impropriety.

TSS

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:54 am

MaverickM11 wrote:

Braybuddy wrote:

MaverickM11 wrote:

Maverick, are you aware that Braybuddy is Irish and not American? The only way he could be even remotely considered "Republican" is that he is a citizen of The Republic of Ireland*, and in that context the word is in no way related to the US political party of the same name.

*My apologies if I've made a mistake and Braybuddy is instead from Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

MaverickM11

Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:33 am

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Probably because it's the top concern among working men:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimelsesse ... 1c74c8866a

Of course he'd be sensible to avoid a similar situation with a man -- if he's gay (I don't know anything about this man) -- otherwise there's not much point.

Terrorism is a top concern for voters, even though the odds of being affected by it are effectively zero in the USA. People fear things they don't understand whether it's GMOs, nuclear power, immigrants, or this ridiculously overblown concern for false accusations. Fun fact--men are more likely to be raped than be falsely accused of rape:
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... ed-of-rape
So you better bet this knuckle dragger better be afeard of one on ones with men too, but he won't, and we all know why.

Braybuddy wrote:
The woman is taking more of a risk as she's more likely to be assaulted by the man, and the woman is more likely to be believed if the man is accused of impropriety.

Jesus Christ hallelujah finally some common sense! She's taking thousands of times more risk, and you have zero proof she'll be any more "believed" than men--in fact it's quite the opposite, especially if he's ye olde "good guy"--see the Stanford rapist for exhibit A--and he was caught in the act!

TSS wrote:
Maverick, are you aware that Braybuddy is Irish and not American? The only way he could be even remotely considered "Republican" is that he is a citizen of The Republic of Ireland*, and in that context the word is in no way related to the US political party of the same name.

*My apologies if I've made a mistake and Braybuddy is instead from Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK.

Well aware. The story is about a republican, who are champions of this almost totally non existent false accuser narrative.

VTKillarney wrote:
we know false allegations have been levied against conservatives in the political arena.

Oh we do? Name more than one that you know 100% to be false, and the damage it did to their career.
E pur si muove -Galileo

VTKillarney

Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:23 am

What this issue really shows is that leftists do not believe in freedom of association. Which means that they do not believe in constitutional rights. Leftists believe that government should be the one who decides how your interactions occur.

Braybuddy

Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:14 pm

TSS wrote:

You are correct, so no apology necessary. The word Republican here has a completely different meaning than in the States: it's usually used to refer to left-wing nationalists (usually IRA supporters), and I'm happy to clarify that I don't fall into either the Irish or American definition of Republican .:)

MaverickM11 wrote:
Terrorism is a top concern for voters, even though the odds of being affected by it are effectively zero in the USA. People fear things they don't understand whether it's GMOs, nuclear power, immigrants, or this ridiculously overblown concern for false accusations. Fun fact--men are more likely to be raped than be falsely accused of rape:
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... ed-of-rape
So you better bet this knuckle dragger better be afeard of one on ones with men too, but he won't, and we all know why.

So I presume you're happy to do away with security checks and restrictions at large public gatherings? I presume this guy takes some sort of security precautions, even though you say the chances of being affected by it are effectively zero. Are you going to criticise him for that as well?

MaverickM11 wrote:
Jesus Christ hallelujah finally some common sense! She's taking thousands of times more risk, and you have zero proof she'll be any more "believed" than men--in fact it's quite the opposite, especially if he's ye olde "good guy"--see the Stanford rapist for exhibit A--and he was caught in the act!

After #MeToo comes #'IBelieveHer:
https://studybreaks.com/thoughts/i-believe-her/
Which is completely bonkers. Why would you automatically believe anyone, whether they're a woman or a man?

As for my own situation, I was certainly taken aback by how my accuser was automatically believed without even being questioned, so I can understand how some women can easily play the victim card -- and succeed. If we had not fought back, one quiet, hardworking 22-year-old would have lost his job, and possibly had his career ruined.

And one well-known Irish and UK TV personality almost had his career destroyed by false accusations -- from a man:
http://vipmagazine.ie/louis-walsh-has-o ... is-career/

MaverickM11

Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:45 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
So I presume you're happy to do away with security checks and restrictions at large public gatherings? I presume this guy takes some sort of security precautions, even though you say the chances of being affected by it are effectively zero. Are you going to criticise him for that as well?

With the rate of violent crime in the USA? No. Dumb comparison. This guy is not taking "security precautions"; he's virtue signaling that uppity women folk are not to be trusted, which is bog standard in the bible belt

Braybuddy wrote:
And one well-known Irish and UK TV personality almost had his career destroyed by false accusations -- from a man:
http://vipmagazine.ie/louis-walsh-has-o ... is-career/

"The claims, relating to an alleged incident in a Dublin nightclub, were made against him by Leonard Watters, who was later jailed for wrongly accusing the X Factor judge.

Louis was later awarded €500,000 in damages from a tabloid newspaper"

So in other words, the system worked out brilliantly for him, as it should. The overwhelming majority of actual assault victims are nowhere near as lucky.

VTKillarney wrote:
What this issue really shows is that leftists do not believe in freedom of association. Which means that they do not believe in constitutional rights. Leftists believe that government should be the one who decides how your interactions occur.

Sure, Jan. :roll: No one is forcing this snowflake to interact with women, just pointing out how regressive it predictably is. Meanwhile the right is dusting off its whites-only signs, as well as no gays/catholics/immigrants/jews...and now women. Still waiting on all those conservatives whose lives were ruined because of false accusations, bud.
E pur si muove -Galileo

VTKillarney

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:32 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:

VTKillarney wrote:

Sure, Jan. :roll: No one is forcing this snowflake to interact with women

This whole thread supports doing just that - forcing him to associate in a manner that he personally chooses not to. It is consistent with leftist belief that the First Amendment has no place in our society. And for the record, he has absolutely no problem associating with women. He just chooses to do so in a way that will not open himself up to vicious attacks from the left. How soon we forget Julie Swetnick.