User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1664
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:46 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:


VTKillarney wrote:
What this issue really shows is that leftists do not believe in freedom of association. Which means that they do not believe in constitutional rights. Leftists believe that government should be the one who decides how your interactions occur.

Sure, Jan. :roll: No one is forcing this snowflake to interact with women

This whole thread supports doing just that - forcing him to associate in a manner that he personally chooses not to. It is consistent with leftist belief that the First Amendment has no place in our society. And for the record, he has absolutely no problem associating with women. He just chooses to do so in a way that will not open himself up to vicious attacks from the left. How soon we forget Julie Swetnick.


They forgot her faster than a person with Alzheimer’s. Why? Well, she was nothing more than a pawn in the game to try and block Kavanaugh and nothing else.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20469
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:20 pm

DL717 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:



Sure, Jan. :roll: No one is forcing this snowflake to interact with women

This whole thread supports doing just that - forcing him to associate in a manner that he personally chooses not to. It is consistent with leftist belief that the First Amendment has no place in our society. And for the record, he has absolutely no problem associating with women. He just chooses to do so in a way that will not open himself up to vicious attacks from the left. How soon we forget Julie Swetnick.


They forgot her faster than a person with Alzheimer’s. Why? Well, she was nothing more than a pawn in the game to try and block Kavanaugh and nothing else.


Blocking Supreme Court nominees is rich coming from the party of "nine months is too close to the election to seat a judge". You keep bringing up women who accuse Republican men of rape like they are liars but we are all to believe every single women who accuses Democrats of rape. Sorry. It does not work that way. If you don't believe the Kavanaugh accusers, you can not believe Franken's accusers.

Not sure what any of that has to do with Republicans silencing opposing voices. oh, wait.....

EDIT:

I wonder if this candidate has had these problems in the past? Could that be why he tries to distance himself from all women? He does not want to be found out?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:31 pm

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
This whole thread supports doing just that - forcing him to associate in a manner that he personally chooses not to. It is consistent with leftist belief that the First Amendment has no place in our society. And for the record, he has absolutely no problem associating with women. He just chooses to do so in a way that will not open himself up to vicious attacks from the left. How soon we forget Julie Swetnick.


They forgot her faster than a person with Alzheimer’s. Why? Well, she was nothing more than a pawn in the game to try and block Kavanaugh and nothing else.


Blocking Supreme Court nominees is rich coming from the party of "nine months is too close to the election to seat a judge". You keep bringing up women who accuse Republican men of rape like they are liars but we are all to believe every single women who accuses Democrats of rape. Sorry. It does not work that way. If you don't believe the Kavanaugh accusers, you can not believe Franken's accusers.

Not sure what any of that has to do with Republicans silencing opposing voices. oh, wait.....

EDIT:

I wonder if this candidate has had these problems in the past? Could that be why he tries to distance himself from all women? He does not want to be found out?

I doubt even the most hardened leftists believe that using parliamentary procedure to your advantage is analogous to using false accusations of rape to your advantage. Not that it stopped them from parading Swetnick and her proxy, Avenatti, in front of every camera they could find. CNN should have been renamed the Avenatti Network.

Oh, and there was photographic evidence against Franken. And Franken’s accusers didn’t say that, as college students, they kept going back time after time to be gang raped by high school kids. So, yes. You can believe one and not the other.
Last edited by VTKillarney on Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:33 pm

seb146 wrote:

EDIT:

I wonder if this candidate has had these problems in the past? Could that be why he tries to distance himself from all women? He does not want to be found out?

Ah... “When did you stop beating your wife?”
Last edited by VTKillarney on Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17501
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:00 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:


VTKillarney wrote:
What this issue really shows is that leftists do not believe in freedom of association. Which means that they do not believe in constitutional rights. Leftists believe that government should be the one who decides how your interactions occur.

Sure, Jan. :roll: No one is forcing this snowflake to interact with women

This whole thread supports doing just that - forcing him to associate in a manner that he personally chooses not to. It is consistent with leftist belief that the First Amendment has no place in our society. And for the record, he has absolutely no problem associating with women. He just chooses to do so in a way that will not open himself up to vicious attacks from the left. How soon we forget Julie Swetnick.

LOL I knew you were just empty squawking as per usual. You’re so predictable Magog—I mean VTK. So a “false” accusation ruined his career by winning him a Supreme Court seat for life in spite of at least one other legitimate accusation, while Avenatti faces criminal charges. I knew you’d come up empty handed and you did not disappoint. Try again bro!
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:03 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:



Sure, Jan. :roll: No one is forcing this snowflake to interact with women

This whole thread supports doing just that - forcing him to associate in a manner that he personally chooses not to. It is consistent with leftist belief that the First Amendment has no place in our society. And for the record, he has absolutely no problem associating with women. He just chooses to do so in a way that will not open himself up to vicious attacks from the left. How soon we forget Julie Swetnick.

LOL I knew you were just empty squawking as per usual. You’re so predictable Magog—I mean VTK. So a “false” accusation ruined his career by winning him a Supreme Court seat for life in spite of at least one other legitimate accusation. I knew you’d come up empty handed and you did not disappoint. Try again bro!

Surely even the most hardened leftists agree that reputation means something, especially for a public official. And I really don’t care about the past. What matters is what is happening now. Kavanaugh shows us that CNN and MSNBC love airing patently absurd claims. I’m impressed that this politician recognizes the current climate.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17501
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:08 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
This whole thread supports doing just that - forcing him to associate in a manner that he personally chooses not to. It is consistent with leftist belief that the First Amendment has no place in our society. And for the record, he has absolutely no problem associating with women. He just chooses to do so in a way that will not open himself up to vicious attacks from the left. How soon we forget Julie Swetnick.

LOL I knew you were just empty squawking as per usual. You’re so predictable Magog—I mean VTK. So a “false” accusation ruined his career by winning him a Supreme Court seat for life in spite of at least one other legitimate accusation. I knew you’d come up empty handed and you did not disappoint. Try again bro!

Surely even the most hardened leftists agree that reputation means something, especially for a public official. And I really don’t care about the past. What matters is what is happening now. Kavanaugh shows us that CNN and MSNBC love airing patently absurd claims. I’m impressed that this politician recognizes the current climate.

You are a RIOT bro. What do you call the Roger Ailes/Eric Bolling/Bill O'reilly network that carries water for sexual predator Trump with dozens of assault accusations? What about those dozen and dozens of women's reputations just from Fox predators *alone*? So much rape and dick pics and loofas at Trump's news network, it's gotta be really hard for you to shift the blame back onto women and reveal the real victims: men! Can you find another example of poor, fragile conservatives being RUINT by evil womenfolk, or did you just shoot your wad on exactly what everyone knew you'd say? Bet I can guess! :rotfl:

VTKillarney wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
This whole thread supports doing just that - forcing him to associate in a manner that he personally chooses not to. It is consistent with leftist belief that the First Amendment has no place in our society. And for the record, he has absolutely no problem associating with women. He just chooses to do so in a way that will not open himself up to vicious attacks from the left. How soon we forget Julie Swetnick.

LOL I knew you were just empty squawking as per usual. You’re so predictable Magog—I mean VTK. So a “false” accusation ruined his career by winning him a Supreme Court seat for life in spite of at least one other legitimate accusation. I knew you’d come up empty handed and you did not disappoint. Try again bro!

Surely even the most hardened leftists agree that reputation means something, especially for a public official.

Reputation...republicans...trump....gahd you. are. HILARIOUS.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:15 pm

This person‘s policy ensures that there are absolutely no victims of anything. That is a very good thing. It also has side benefit of denying leftists their new smear game.
 
TSS
Posts: 3236
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Jesus Christ hallelujah finally some common sense! She's taking thousands of times more risk, and you have zero proof she'll be any more "believed" than men--in fact it's quite the opposite, especially if he's ye olde "good guy"--see the Stanford rapist for exhibit A--and he was caught in the act!

After #MeToo comes #'IBelieveHer:
https://studybreaks.com/thoughts/i-believe-her/
Which is completely bonkers. Why would you automatically believe anyone, whether they're a woman or a man?


The one I'm familiar with is #BelieveAllWomen:

Bari Weiss's opinion on #BelieveAllWomen- https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/opinion/metoo-sexual-harassment-believe-women.html

Carol Markowicz relating #BelieveAllWomen to Robert Foster- https://nypost.com/2019/07/14/believe-all-women-makes-the-pence-rule-just-common-sense/

And because this came up in the search results and a few of them made me laugh out loud... A list of exceptions to #BelieveAllWomen (humor)- https://babylonbee.com/news/believe-all-women-movement-publishes-extensive-list-of-exceptions/
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20469
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:15 am

VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

They forgot her faster than a person with Alzheimer’s. Why? Well, she was nothing more than a pawn in the game to try and block Kavanaugh and nothing else.


Blocking Supreme Court nominees is rich coming from the party of "nine months is too close to the election to seat a judge". You keep bringing up women who accuse Republican men of rape like they are liars but we are all to believe every single women who accuses Democrats of rape. Sorry. It does not work that way. If you don't believe the Kavanaugh accusers, you can not believe Franken's accusers.

Not sure what any of that has to do with Republicans silencing opposing voices. oh, wait.....

EDIT:

I wonder if this candidate has had these problems in the past? Could that be why he tries to distance himself from all women? He does not want to be found out?

I doubt even the most hardened leftists believe that using parliamentary procedure to your advantage is analogous to using false accusations of rape to your advantage. Not that it stopped them from parading Swetnick and her proxy, Avenatti, in front of every camera they could find. CNN should have been renamed the Avenatti Network.

Oh, and there was photographic evidence against Franken. And Franken’s accusers didn’t say that, as college students, they kept going back time after time to be gang raped by high school kids. So, yes. You can believe one and not the other.


The evidence was him not grabbing her breasts but standing back and pretending to. Not the same thing as raping high school girls.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:39 am

seb146 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Blocking Supreme Court nominees is rich coming from the party of "nine months is too close to the election to seat a judge". You keep bringing up women who accuse Republican men of rape like they are liars but we are all to believe every single women who accuses Democrats of rape. Sorry. It does not work that way. If you don't believe the Kavanaugh accusers, you can not believe Franken's accusers.

Not sure what any of that has to do with Republicans silencing opposing voices. oh, wait.....

EDIT:

I wonder if this candidate has had these problems in the past? Could that be why he tries to distance himself from all women? He does not want to be found out?

I doubt even the most hardened leftists believe that using parliamentary procedure to your advantage is analogous to using false accusations of rape to your advantage. Not that it stopped them from parading Swetnick and her proxy, Avenatti, in front of every camera they could find. CNN should have been renamed the Avenatti Network.

Oh, and there was photographic evidence against Franken. And Franken’s accusers didn’t say that, as college students, they kept going back time after time to be gang raped by high school kids. So, yes. You can believe one and not the other.


The evidence was him not grabbing her breasts but standing back and pretending to. Not the same thing as raping high school girls.

Right. Sexual harassment caught on camera. Compare that to the wild tales and missing details of Ford and Swetnick.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17501
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:46 am

VTKillarney wrote:
This person‘s policy ensures that there are absolutely no victims of anything. That is a very good thing. It also has side benefit of denying leftists their new smear game.

Still can’t come up with jack showing any ruined careers for precious conservatives? Not surprised.

Smear game lol from the guys who worship a guy who married a whore, cheated on her with a porn star, covered up her hush payments, wants to bang his daughter, and admits grabbing women by the pussy, pals around with Epstein, in addition to the dozens of sexual assault accusations going back decades—all covered up by his state news mouth piece faux, which between Ailes, O’reilly, and Bolling have enough assault victims, falafels/loofas, and dick pics to start a megachurch. Those aren’t smear tactics; that’s you looking in the mirror.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:15 am

As I said earlier. I’m interested in the present, not the past. Presently, leftists are willing to make up claims. Swetnick is all the evidence I need. The game leftists play has changed commensurate with their desperation.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20469
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:23 am

VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
I doubt even the most hardened leftists believe that using parliamentary procedure to your advantage is analogous to using false accusations of rape to your advantage. Not that it stopped them from parading Swetnick and her proxy, Avenatti, in front of every camera they could find. CNN should have been renamed the Avenatti Network.

Oh, and there was photographic evidence against Franken. And Franken’s accusers didn’t say that, as college students, they kept going back time after time to be gang raped by high school kids. So, yes. You can believe one and not the other.


The evidence was him not grabbing her breasts but standing back and pretending to. Not the same thing as raping high school girls.

Right. Sexual harassment caught on camera. Compare that to the wild tales and missing details of Ford and Swetnick.


Right. And Brock Turner?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20469
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:26 am

VTKillarney wrote:
As I said earlier. I’m interested in the present, not the past. Presently, leftists are willing to make up claims. Swetnick is all the evidence I need. The game leftists play has changed commensurate with their desperation.


The past is a good indicator of how a person acts now. See: Bill Clinton that you righties obsessed over because how dare he have an affair while Newt Gingrich divorces twice to marry his mistress and he is celebrated.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Republican.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
TSS
Posts: 3236
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:27 am

MeToo Backlash, ANOTHER Politician Refuses To Be Alone With Woman- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9RhBckTpOk
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:09 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
With the rate of violent crime in the USA? No. Dumb comparison. This guy is not taking "security precautions"; he's virtue signaling that uppity women folk are not to be trusted, which is bog standard in the bible belt

You've misunderstood the question. I was asking if you'd criticise him for taking securiy measures, given that you put false allegations and terrorism in the extremely-low-to-not-worth-bothering-about probability risk. You portray this guy as some sort of knucle dragging Neanderthal, but maybe you're the one who's refusing to move with the times? I believe you're going to see much more of this, not least for insurance purposes. Remember the time when cockpit doors were unlocked, and how that changed overnight? And how people used to smoke on flights, and in the workplace?

Braybuddy wrote:
So in other words, the system worked out brilliantly for him, as it should. The overwhelming majority of actual assault victims are nowhere near as lucky.
The system worked, but as he's a wealthy man the award was immaterial. He was devastated by the false accusations, which caused him a lot of stress and worry.

TSS wrote:
The one I'm familiar with is #BelieveAllWomen:

Bari Weiss's opinion on #BelieveAllWomen- https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/opinion/metoo-sexual-harassment-believe-women.html

Carol Markowicz relating #BelieveAllWomen to Robert Foster- https://nypost.com/2019/07/14/believe-all-women-makes-the-pence-rule-just-common-sense/

And because this came up in the search results and a few of them made me laugh out loud... A list of exceptions to #BelieveAllWomen (humor)- https://babylonbee.com/news/believe-all-women-movement-publishes-extensive-list-of-exceptions/

Ah, the law of unintended consequences is alive and well and living in the 21st century . . .
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:35 am

TSS wrote:
MeToo Backlash, ANOTHER Politician Refuses To Be Alone With Woman- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9RhBckTpOk

It’s funny that leftists are actually surprised at this completely foreseeable consequence. “Believe all women” may be well intended, if not naive, but this is what you get.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17501
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:48 am

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
With the rate of violent crime in the USA? No. Dumb comparison. This guy is not taking "security precautions"; he's virtue signaling that uppity women folk are not to be trusted, which is bog standard in the bible belt

You've misunderstood the question. I was asking if you'd criticise him for taking securiy measures

He’s not worried. He’s scoring easy political points by making a dig at metoo and women.
Braybuddy wrote:
So in other words, the system worked out brilliantly for him, as it should. The overwhelming majority of actual assault victims are nowhere near as lucky.
The system worked, but as he's a wealthy man the award was immaterial. He was devastated by the false accusations, which caused him a lot of stress and worry.

Welp, that was a man, so hopefully these two crawl back into their Bible Belt shit hole and do everyone a favor and avoid all human contact on the minuscule chance it goes wrong.

VTKillarney wrote:
TSS wrote:
MeToo Backlash, ANOTHER Politician Refuses To Be Alone With Woman- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9RhBckTpOk

It’s funny that leftists are actually surprised at this completely foreseeable consequence. “Believe all women” may be well intended, if not naive, but this is what you get.

Who is surprised? No one is surprised the “women let you grab their pussy” GOP can’t handle metoo and makes it about themselves instead. It’s hilarious to watch you convince yourself of your high horse with zero data, considering these two republicans are doing women a favor since they are FAR more likely to assault them than be falsely accused.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:36 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
these two republicans are doing women a favor since they are FAR more likely to assault them than be falsely accused.

Well at least we now all agree that this is a good policy, albeit for different reasons.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20469
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:46 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
TSS wrote:
MeToo Backlash, ANOTHER Politician Refuses To Be Alone With Woman- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9RhBckTpOk

It’s funny that leftists are actually surprised at this completely foreseeable consequence. “Believe all women” may be well intended, if not naive, but this is what you get.


As opposed to right wingers who believe and demand that all women are liars and opportunists who just want a quick buck and 15 minutes of fame. And/Or they are being paraded around by "libs" who just want to destroy upstanding men for no reason.

Not at all like Mitch McConnell not seating Obama's judicial nominees. Now, that is all the Senate does. Seat judicial nominees that should have been Obama's All to make him a one term president.

It looks like more right wing revisionist history....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:38 pm

seb146 wrote:
As opposed to right wingers who believe and demand that all women are liars and opportunists who just want a quick buck and 15 minutes of fame.

I’ve yet to meet a right winger who thinks this way. Can you quote a single one who does?

The right wingers I know believe that, in regard to sexual assault, the vast majority of women are honest and a small minority are not. This is borne out by actual statistics.

The odds of me getting into a car accident are extremely small. But I still wear a seat belt.

In leftist land someone like Julie Swetnick is a hero. Someone who protects themselves from a Julie Swetnick is a demon. So who are the irrational people here?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20469
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:02 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:
As opposed to right wingers who believe and demand that all women are liars and opportunists who just want a quick buck and 15 minutes of fame.

I’ve yet to meet a right winger who thinks this way. Can you quote a single one who does?


Brett Kavanaugh hearings. Go back and read through that thread. All you right wingers said those things about Christine Ford. Even the lame stream propaganda machine got on the name calling bandwagon.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:43 pm

seb146 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:
As opposed to right wingers who believe and demand that all women are liars and opportunists who just want a quick buck and 15 minutes of fame.

I’ve yet to meet a right winger who thinks this way. Can you quote a single one who does?


Brett Kavanaugh hearings. Go back and read through that thread. All you right wingers said those things about Christine Ford. Even the lame stream propaganda machine got on the name calling bandwagon.

I looked. I couldn’t find a single quote where someone said that all women are liars and opportunists. Since you made the claim, why don’t you do us all a favor and provide an example. If there are as many a you claim it should be quite easy to do.
 
AirplaneFixer
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:14 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
As opposed to right wingers who believe and demand that all women are liars and opportunists who just want a quick buck and 15 minutes of fame.

I’ve yet to meet a right winger who thinks this way. Can you quote a single one who does?

The right wingers I know believe that, in regard to sexual assault, the vast majority of women are honest and a small minority are not. This is borne out by actual statistics.

The odds of me not using my many other screen names are extremely small. But I still wear a seat belt.

In leftist land someone like Julie Swetnick is a hero. Someone who protects themselves from a Julie Swetnick is a demon. So who are the irrational people here?


Thanks for that insight, great discussions going on in this thread. Please keep it up!
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:24 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
He’s not worried. He’s scoring easy political points by making a dig at metoo and women.

What's that got to do with security?

MaverickM11 wrote:
Welp, that was a man, so hopefully these two crawl back into their Bible Belt shit hole and do everyone a favor and avoid all human contact on the minuscule chance it goes wrong.

You're lumping together a criminal whose lies almost ruined a man's career and had him sent to jail to the person he accused -- and was completely innocent?
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17501
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:16 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
He’s not worried. He’s scoring easy political points by making a dig at metoo and women.

What's that got to do with security?

Nothing.
Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Welp, that was a man, so hopefully these two crawl back into their Bible Belt shit hole and do everyone a favor and avoid all human contact on the minuscule chance it goes wrong.

You're lumping together a criminal whose lies almost ruined a man's career and had him sent to jail to the person he accused -- and was completely innocent?

You misread what I wrote. Men and women can lob false accusations, so why is he singling out females? Probably just best for him to disappear from society completely for, you know, "security".
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
BN747
Posts: 6620
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:41 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
You misread what I wrote. Men and women can lob false accusations, so why is he singling out females? Probably just best for him to disappear from society completely for, you know, "security".


Exactly, can’t hire any gay men ‘they might try to get him’ too. Can’t hire any black dudes..they might file a fake discrimination lawsuit...and on, we all might as well set up our personal boundaries of ‘can’t be near these types ‘...

I’m convinced more than ever that this dude is more concerned about his own hidden behaviors...or else he’d just deal with everyone else as the rest of us do instead of asking for ‘special consideration ‘ and staring some super stupid Kim Davis’ trend.


Don’t Vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:04 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
You misread what I wrote. Men and women can lob false accusations, so why is he singling out females?.

GIven that he appears to be straight (although you can never know for sure), if a man claimed Foster groped him -- or worse -- he'd have a hard time proving it. Likewise with trumped-up allegations of an affair.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:39 am

At the end of the day, the guy is asking for a job leading millions of people, more than half of them women, and at the same time, saying he can't handle women.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
TSS
Posts: 3236
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:02 am

Aesma wrote:
At the end of the day, the guy is asking for a job leading millions of people, more than half of them women, and at the same time, saying he can't handle women.


On the contrary, he has adopted a method of dealing with women that keeps everyone on the up-and-up and leaves no room for misunderstandings or "he said / she said" controversy later on, and at least one female reporter doesn't like it.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17501
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:11 am

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
You misread what I wrote. Men and women can lob false accusations, so why is he singling out females?.

GIven that he appears to be straight (although you can never know for sure), if a man claimed Foster groped him -- or worse -- he'd have a hard time proving it. Likewise with trumped-up allegations of an affair.

Why would the gender matter in a false accusation
TSS wrote:
Aesma wrote:
At the end of the day, the guy is asking for a job leading millions of people, more than half of them women, and at the same time, saying he can't handle women.


On the contrary, he has adopted a method of dealing with women that keeps everyone on the up-and-up and leaves no room for misunderstandings or "he said / she said" controversy later on, and at least one female reporter doesn't like it.


Keep telling yourself that... "Dealing with women"...no wonder republican's approval rating with women is dropping
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
afcjets
Posts: 2852
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:36 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
You misread what I wrote. Men and women can lob false accusations, so why is he singling out females?.

GIven that he appears to be straight (although you can never know for sure), if a man claimed Foster groped him -- or worse -- he'd have a hard time proving it. Likewise with trumped-up allegations of an affair.

Why would the gender matter in a false accusation

No wonder you people lose elections, you can't even have a debate with all the make believe you have to play.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9354
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:42 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
You misread what I wrote. Men and women can lob false accusations, so why is he singling out females?.

GIven that he appears to be straight (although you can never know for sure), if a man claimed Foster groped him -- or worse -- he'd have a hard time proving it. Likewise with trumped-up allegations of an affair.

Why would the gender matter in a false accusation

Well for want of a better explanation, for better or worse, in one case you are a victim and the other you are a wuss.

Not that is doesn't really actually happen to men as well, and truly impact them and affect their careers, but as you can tell from this thread alone, there is very little sympathy for men who are accused (and many push backs and questions etc.). And currently there is far more openness to a woman making such an accusation and sympathy for such since it has been an "open secret" for years that women have unfairly had to, and been expected to, accept and put up with such treatment just as a course of normal business and life.

Neither is right. But there is a difference in how it is received depending on who is making the accusation. To claim otherwise is a bit disingenuous.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17501
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:25 pm

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
GIven that he appears to be straight (although you can never know for sure), if a man claimed Foster groped him -- or worse -- he'd have a hard time proving it. Likewise with trumped-up allegations of an affair.

Why would the gender matter in a false accusation

No wonder you people lose elections, you can't even have a debate with all the make believe you have to play.

Yes the 'false accusation' malarkey is indeed make believe. It's right in line with the GOP's 'racism is not a problem but reverse racism is!' or 'homophobia is not a problem but asking a mentally ill christian to bake cakes for the people the voices in his head tell him not to is!"

Tugger wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
GIven that he appears to be straight (although you can never know for sure), if a man claimed Foster groped him -- or worse -- he'd have a hard time proving it. Likewise with trumped-up allegations of an affair.

Why would the gender matter in a false accusation

Well for want of a better explanation, for better or worse, in one case you are a victim and the other you are a wuss.

Not that is doesn't really actually happen to men as well, and truly impact them and affect their careers, but as you can tell from this thread alone, there is very little sympathy for men who are accused (and many push backs and questions etc.). And currently there is far more openness to a woman making such an accusation and sympathy for such since it has been an "open secret" for years that women have unfairly had to, and been expected to, accept and put up with such treatment just as a course of normal business and life.

Neither is right. But there is a difference in how it is received depending on who is making the accusation. To claim otherwise is a bit disingenuous.

Tugg

He's far more likely to be assaulted by a man than falsely accused by anyone, so again, why doesn't he just disappear down a rat hole and maximize his "security". But also, again, we know this is all virtue signaling that he's butthurt by MeToo and holds women in very low esteem, like the GOP in general. It's totally on brand.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9354
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:31 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Why would the gender matter in a false accusation

Well for want of a better explanation, for better or worse, in one case you are a victim and the other you are a wuss.

Not that is doesn't really actually happen to men as well, and truly impact them and affect their careers, but as you can tell from this thread alone, there is very little sympathy for men who are accused (and many push backs and questions etc.). And currently there is far more openness to a woman making such an accusation and sympathy for such since it has been an "open secret" for years that women have unfairly had to, and been expected to, accept and put up with such treatment just as a course of normal business and life.

Neither is right. But there is a difference in how it is received depending on who is making the accusation. To claim otherwise is a bit disingenuous.

Tugg

He's far more likely to be assaulted by a man than falsely accused by anyone, so again, why doesn't he just disappear down a rat hole and maximize his "security". But also, again, we know this is all virtue signaling that he's butthurt by MeToo and holds women in very low esteem, like the GOP in general. It's totally on brand.

Sigh.... :indifferent:

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:38 pm

A guy decides to play it safe and leftists lose their mind. This won’t help win back the rust belt, that’s for sure.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17501
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:39 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
A guy decides to play it safe and leftists lose their mind. This won’t help win back the rust belt, that’s for sure.

*checks polling numbers of women* ...K
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:04 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
A guy decides to play it safe and leftists lose their mind. This won’t help win back the rust belt, that’s for sure.


It's only a safe play for idiots in Mississippi
Not many people are looking to move to Mississippi.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ec ... 019429001/
7. Mississippi
1-yr pop. growth rate: -0.02%
Current population: 2.99 million
2015 population: 2.99 million
10-yr pop. growth rate: 2.88%
The population of Mississippi declined by approximately 660 residents in 2016 — one of eight states whose populations declined that year. Like most of those states, the population loss was largely the result of outbound migration to other states. Roughly 7,500 more Mississippi residents moved out of the state than moved in in 2016. While Mississippi had positive natural growth in 2016, the state’s death rate was relatively high, and the natural population growth was lower than across the country as a whole. Some 1,044 in every 100,000 Mississippi residents died in 2016, far more than the national rate of 888 deaths in every 100,000 Americans.

One push factor for many of those who left Mississippi was possibly the state’s low quality of life and depressed economy. Today, some 20.8% of state residents live in poverty, the largest share in the country. Additionally, 5.6% of the Mississippi workforce is unemployed, the seventh highest unemployment rate of any state.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:35 pm

My point is that attacking well intended people, who show commitment to their marriage, is just not going to impress anyone except for a few people in Berkeley and Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The leftists have turned into nanny-crats. Republicans are the party of individual freedom and liberty. At least thr leftists aren't pretending anymore.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:57 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
My point is that attacking well intended people, who show commitment to their marriage, is just not going to impress anyone except for a few people in Berkeley and Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The leftists have turned into nanny-crats. Republicans are the party of individual freedom and liberty. At least thr leftists aren't pretending anymore.



Sorry, but excluding a whole class of people from interactions( Not freedom, and sure as hell not liberty) and then blaming it on the left is typical cowardice and gas-lighting from the right and should be challenged. Just because the right wing wouldn't know the difference between freedom and oppression doesn't mean that intelligent folks out there can't highlight it.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:06 pm

casinterest wrote:
Sorry, but excluding a whole class of people from interactions

Stop right there. She wasn't excluded from anything whatsoever. The Governor just wanted someone else present.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:13 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Sorry, but excluding a whole class of people from interactions

Stop right there. She wasn't excluded from anything whatsoever. The Governor just wanted someone else present.


That is called discrimination and harassment for those of us that work for a living.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:18 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Sorry, but excluding a whole class of people from interactions

Stop right there. She wasn't excluded from anything whatsoever. The Governor just wanted someone else present.


That is called discrimination and harassment for those of us that work for a living.

Let me repeat. She was not excluded from anything.

Most workplaces have rules in regard to employees and their behavior, especially for off-site events. But when a Republican uses common sense, leftists jump all over him. This has MUCH more to do with his denying leftists an attack tool. The leftists are downright petrified that more politicians may catch on and deny them their ability to engage in smear attacks.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:40 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Stop right there. She wasn't excluded from anything whatsoever. The Governor just wanted someone else present.


That is called discrimination and harassment for those of us that work for a living.

Let me repeat. She was not excluded from anything.

Most workplaces have rules in regard to employees and their behavior, especially for off-site events. But when a Republican uses common sense, leftists jump all over him. This has MUCH more to do with his denying leftists an attack tool. The leftists are downright petrified that more politicians may catch on and deny them their ability to engage in smear attacks.


The workplace rules would put this governor in HR's office for discrimination and harassment. You cannot exclude people based on sex. End of Story. This only has to do with a degenerate man that has no business being a leader.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:23 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
The workplace rules would put this governor in HR's office for discrimination and harassment. You cannot exclude people based on sex. End of Story. This only has to do with a degenerate man that has no business being a leader.

For the third time, he didn't exclude her from anything. All she needed was a third party present. Leftists love to view themselves as victims. A conservative would have brought along a third party and written a great story.
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:32 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Why would the gender matter in a false accusation

And you accused me of asking "dumb questions"? :roll:
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:41 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
The workplace rules would put this governor in HR's office for discrimination and harassment. You cannot exclude people based on sex. End of Story. This only has to do with a degenerate man that has no business being a leader.

For the third time, he didn't exclude her from anything. All she needed was a third party present. Leftists love to view themselves as victims. A conservative would have brought along a third party and written a great story.


That is called sexism. Does he require a third party for males as well?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:39 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

For the third time, he didn't exclude her from anything. All she needed was a third party present. Leftists love to view themselves as victims. A conservative would have brought along a third party and written a great story.


That is called sexism. Does he require a third party for males as well?

That’s been addressed upthread. It’s a false equivalency for a straight male.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:11 am

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
For the third time, he didn't exclude her from anything. All she needed was a third party present. Leftists love to view themselves as victims. A conservative would have brought along a third party and written a great story.


That is called sexism. Does he require a third party for males as well?

That’s been addressed upthread. It’s a false equivalency for a straight male.


No it is still sexism. It shows that the Candidate is not trustworthy.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coolian2, SQ22 and 32 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos