User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:22 am

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

That is called sexism. Does he require a third party for males as well?

That’s been addressed upthread. It’s a false equivalency for a straight male.


No it is still sexism. It shows that the Candidate is not trustworthy.

No it doesn’t. Not even close. He made it clear that it’s to shield him from false claims. Leftists love people like Julie Swetnick.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:47 am

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
That’s been addressed upthread. It’s a false equivalency for a straight male.


No it is still sexism. It shows that the Candidate is not trustworthy.

No it doesn’t. Not even close. He made it clear that it’s to shield him from false claims. Leftists love people like Julie Swetnick.


Then he should not be a leader. If he wants to be shielded, then he shouldn't be in front of the charge. what will he do , throw out junior staffers in front of him for all meetings? Like Trump?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:29 am

It’s clear why this is bothering so many leftists out there. Leftists believe that nobody should be held accountable for their own bad choices. Other people are supposed to pay for these mistakes. Leftists trotted out whackos like Julie Swetnick, E. Jean Carroll and others. And now they are being held accountable for this stupidity. They simply can’t stand that. It’s not how things are supposed to work.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:30 am

VTKillarney wrote:
It’s clear why this is bothering so many leftists out there. Leftists believe that nobody should be held accountable for their own bad choices. Other people are supposed to pay for these mistakes. Leftists trotted out whackos like Julie Swetnick, E. Jean Carroll and others. And now they are being held accountable for this stupidity. They simply can’t stand that. It’s not how things are supposed to work.


So why is Trump President?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:32 am

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It’s clear why this is bothering so many leftists out there. Leftists believe that nobody should be held accountable for their own bad choices. Other people are supposed to pay for these mistakes. Leftists trotted out whackos like Julie Swetnick, E. Jean Carroll and others. And now they are being held accountable for this stupidity. They simply can’t stand that. It’s not how things are supposed to work.


So why is Trump President?

Because the Democrats no longer represent middle America.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:36 am

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It’s clear why this is bothering so many leftists out there. Leftists believe that nobody should be held accountable for their own bad choices. Other people are supposed to pay for these mistakes. Leftists trotted out whackos like Julie Swetnick, E. Jean Carroll and others. And now they are being held accountable for this stupidity. They simply can’t stand that. It’s not how things are supposed to work.


So why is Trump President?

Because the Democrats no longer represent middle America.


You want accountability? You don't start by hiring a man that has never been held accountable. He blames others and can't be trusted.

Middle America is still losing out with Trump. They just don't understand it is economic and not political.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17509
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:46 am

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Why would the gender matter in a false accusation

And you accused me of asking "dumb questions"? :roll:

Seeing as he's far likelier to be assaulted by a man or woman than falsely accused, what does it matter? What, in your mind, is there to stop a man from accusing him of sexual assault *and* being light in the loafers? Double scandal!

VTKillarney wrote:
My point is that attacking well intended people, who show commitment to their marriage, is just not going to impress anyone except for a few people in Berkeley and Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The leftists have turned into nanny-crats. Republicans are the party of individual freedom and liberty. At least thr leftists aren't pretending anymore.

Your point is nonsense, since you still can't cite the faintest of data that he has anything to worry about. And it resonates beyond Berkeley and Williamsburg, because your sexual predator leader and knuckle draggers form the bible belt aren't doing you any favors with those 'shifty, untrustworthy women folk that you always need a chaperone for:

Image
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:12 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Seeing as he's far likelier to be assaulted by a man or woman than falsely accused, what does it matter? What, in your mind, is there to stop a man from accusing him of sexual assault *and* being light in the loafers? Double scandal!

I presume you're talking about general crime statistics, which is a completely different to a contrived situation like this. Why would a gay man bother to accuse a straight man of sexually assaulting him?

And it's not just "knuckle dragging men". Even women are concerned about men being falsely accused of sexual assault and harassment:
https://www.vox.com/2018/4/5/17157240/m ... accusation
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17509
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:50 am

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Seeing as he's far likelier to be assaulted by a man or woman than falsely accused, what does it matter? What, in your mind, is there to stop a man from accusing him of sexual assault *and* being light in the loafers? Double scandal!

I presume you're talking about general crime statistics, which is a completely different to a contrived situation like this. Why would a gay man bother to accuse a straight man of sexually assaulting him?


Because it would draw attention? What's the point of falsely accusing anyone?
Braybuddy wrote:
And it's not just "knuckle dragging men". Even women are concerned about men being falsely accused of sexual assault and harassment:
https://www.vox.com/2018/4/5/17157240/m ... accusation

Already covered a million times. Unless you have statistics showing this is an actual, legitimate issue affecting men and destroying careers--which you and VTK couldn't if your lives depended on it--then we are done here. Just curl up into the fetal position, avoid any human being--especially those untrustworthy women folk--whatsoever on the off chance they have malicious intent, and lock yourself in an airtight room forever. For safety of course.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:55 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Because it would draw attention? What's the point of falsely accusing anyone?

You seem to have great difficulty in grasping tha fact that a man accusing a straight man of sexually assaulting him would be somewhat difficult to prove.

MaverickM11 wrote:
Already covered a million times. Unless you have statistics showing this is an actual, legitimate issue affecting men and destroying careers--which you and VTK couldn't if your lives depended on it--then we are done here. Just curl up into the fetal position, avoid any human being--especially those untrustworthy women folk--whatsoever on the off chance they have malicious intent, and lock yourself in an airtight room forever. For safety of course.

Ah statistics, you love them! You can prove anything by statistics, of course. You're earlier post with statistics showing that "99% of rapists never are charged" is not correct. What the statistics show is that in the US 3 per cent of reported rapes result in a conviction or incarceration. How many of those reported rapes are malicious? There's no way of knowing, of course, so you're not going to get statistics there. I suppose you could ask Kevin Spacey, whose trial collapsed recently when it was discovered that the accuser deleted texts, and his phone went "missing".

A 2010 study in the US claims that 2-10 per cent of rape accusations are false, with the FBI putting the figure at 8 per cent. But that is the number of cases which have been proven to be false. The actual number is unknown:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45565684
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17509
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:25 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Because it would draw attention? What's the point of falsely accusing anyone?

You seem to have great difficulty in grasping tha fact that a man accusing a straight man of sexually assaulting him would be somewhat difficult to prove.

MaverickM11 wrote:
Already covered a million times. Unless you have statistics showing this is an actual, legitimate issue affecting men and destroying careers--which you and VTK couldn't if your lives depended on it--then we are done here. Just curl up into the fetal position, avoid any human being--especially those untrustworthy women folk--whatsoever on the off chance they have malicious intent, and lock yourself in an airtight room forever. For safety of course.

Ah statistics, you love them! You can prove anything by statistics, of course. You're earlier post with statistics showing that "99% of rapists never are charged" is not correct. What the statistics show is that in the US 3 per cent of reported rapes result in a conviction or incarceration. How many of those reported rapes are malicious? There's no way of knowing, of course, so you're not going to get statistics there. I suppose you could ask Kevin Spacey, whose trial collapsed recently when it was discovered that the accuser deleted texts, and his phone went "missing".

A 2010 study in the US claims that 2-10 per cent of rape accusations are false, with the FBI putting the figure at 8 per cent. But that is the number of cases which have been proven to be false. The actual number is unknown:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45565684

Already covered that. Try again. Stay terrified of women.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:01 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Already covered that. Try again. Stay terrified of women.

Nice try, but obviously you've run out of argument.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17509
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:43 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Already covered that. Try again. Stay terrified of women.

Nice try, but obviously you've run out of argument.

Scroll back 100 responses. Still waiting on any arguments at all from you or VTK.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20479
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:48 am

Why does this candidate not trust women? If he thinks a woman will use her wiles to seduce him or she has some thing that will get him to turn his face away from Christ, how is this her fault? If he can not control himself, why blame her? Because he can not control his urges? Why is it her fault?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:58 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Scroll back 100 responses. Still waiting on any arguments at all from you or VTK.

I only need to go back four:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Already covered a million times. Unless you have statistics showing this is an actual, legitimate issue affecting men and destroying careers--which you and VTK couldn't if your lives depended on it--then we are done here. Just curl up into the fetal position, avoid any human being--especially those untrustworthy women folk--whatsoever on the off chance they have malicious intent, and lock yourself in an airtight room forever. For safety of course.

https://world.wng.org/2019/03/false_con ... ined_lives

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-46235634

https://nypost.com/2018/06/30/false-col ... life-suit/

https://reason.com/2018/10/17/seneca-va ... se-sexual/

I found those in one quick google search. But keep pretending that false allegations don't affect men's carreers, and keep your fingers crossed.
 
bennett123
Posts: 8912
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:50 am

So when he said he would be happier with a third party present what was her proposed solution.

If she was not prepared to have a third party present, why not?.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 pm

bennett123 wrote:
So when he said he would be happier with a third party present what was her proposed solution.

If she was not prepared to have a third party present, why not?.

Yeah, that is part of my whole issue with this.

Why would anyone be able to or allowed to dictate how a situation was to be? If you are asking someone for their time, they can set it up how they wish. You are a guest.

Now does that mean I think this candidate handled the situation well or properly? No. I think he was out to score points with his base at the expense of this reporter. However it is a persons choice, male or female, how they will be with others. It is not OK to insist to meet alone and expect it to be obeyed, the person has the right to meet as they wish.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
BN747
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Braybuddy wrote:

I found those in one quick google search. But keep pretending that false allegations don't affect men's carreers, and keep your fingers crossed.


Great now, step back and compare the number of such allegations...


vs


The actual numbers of women being assaulted today, yesterday, last week, last month, last year, the last 100 years...

Ummmm yeah, one eclipses the other by something like the distance from Earth to Pluto vs the distance across your bathroom floor.

So you 'false allegation' guys are trying to establish a policy standard to protect 'white men' from 'false allegations.
Clearly, that's case -take note..it's always the white guy seeking refuge or protections from what they done throughout history, by inventing things by lodging complaints against their own actions.

Racism -fact, Conservative white guy 'Hey there's Reverse Racism!'
Sexual Allegations , Conservative white guy ' Hey I need to be Protected! from women'.'
Gay Pride, Conservative white guy ..'Hey we need White Pride, we feel left out!'

See how they work? Deny your allegations, but protect us!
..you apply this to any set of standards of past wrong behavior by the complainer 'Conservative white guy'

Stop falling for their silly insincere tactics.

Don't vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:28 pm

Nobody here has insisted that the number of false allegations eclipses the number of true allegations. That is a straw man argument.

Most of my car trips do not involve an accident. But I still wear a seatbelt.

I don't think that I am going to die this year. But I still carry life insurance.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:46 pm

BN747 wrote:
Great now, step back and

Answer this one simple question:

Is one allowed to meet with others as they wish? Or can any meeting be forced and the person asking gets to dictate the circumstances?

Can I force you to meet with me as I wish and you have no say?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:50 pm

Tugger wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Great now, step back and

Answer this one simple question:

Is one allowed to meet with others as they wish? Or can any meeting be forced and the person asking gets to dictate the circumstances?

Can I force you to meet with me as I wish and you have no say?

Tugg


If you want to run for public office and you can't meet one on one with any of your constituents, then that is a problem.
You can dictate the time , date and place, but if you are granting special access to other "constituents" with different rules, then that presents an issue
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:24 pm

BN747 wrote:
Great now, step back and compare the number of such allegations...


vs


The actual numbers of women being assaulted today, yesterday, last week, last month, last year, the last 100 years...

Ummmm yeah, one eclipses the other by something like the distance from Earth to Pluto vs the distance across your bathroom floor.

So you 'false allegation' guys are trying to establish a policy standard to protect 'white men' from 'false allegations.
Clearly, that's case -take note..it's always the white guy seeking refuge or protections from what they done throughout history, by inventing things by lodging complaints against their own actions.

Racism -fact, Conservative white guy 'Hey there's Reverse Racism!'
Sexual Allegations , Conservative white guy ' Hey I need to be Protected! from women'.'
Gay Pride, Conservative white guy ..'Hey we need White Pride, we feel left out!'

See how they work? Deny your allegations, but protect us!
..you apply this to any set of standards of past wrong behavior by the complainer 'Conservative white guy'

Stop falling for their silly insincere tactics.

Don't vote Rapist
BN747


:eyepopping: Talk about red herrings!

I never claimed women haven't been badly treated by men.
I never mentioned race (it has nothing to do with this argument).
I never suggested applying any sort of standards to any race or political.ideology.

What you seem to be suggesting (correct me if I'm wrong), in essence, is that false accusations shouldn't be considered wrong because of the way women have been treated in the past. What sort of morality is that? As I said before, even the most staunch feminists would not argue that.

I have no particular interest in local American politics, and knew knothing of this politician until I opened this thread. I threw in my 2 cents for the simple reason I know what it's like to be falsely accused, and how damaging it can be, and can understand why someone would want to avoid that sort of situation. It's as simple as that.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:27 pm

BN747 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Nobody here has insisted that the number of false allegations eclipses the number of true allegations. That is a straw man argument.

Most of my car trips do not involve an accident. But I still wear a seatbelt.

I don't think that I am going to die this year. But I still carry life insurance.


Ignorant thoughts result in ignorant responses...

Accidents worldwide have nothing to do with whether you live or die...until you're in one.

That is a very ignorant analogy of attempting to juxtapose centuries of heinous unaddressed attacks upon females compared to this (I wear my seatbelt) modern day white male cry of 'I need protection'...NO! Moth**F*****, you don't!

Too many people still need protections from the likes you first! After say 100 years (and you're getting off cheap) of mute to your concerns, then we will listen to you - if you do break into a puddle of tears after enduring the strain many have shouldered for centuries!

Tug, you heard Maverick, you have anything to do with the public? Learn to exist and deal with the public or the public will put up barriers around you- as we are stating here! You choose to segregate...expect for you to be separated from the rest.

Braybuddy summed up what I was about to say quite well:
"What you seem to be suggesting (correct me if I'm wrong), in essence, is that false accusations shouldn't be considered wrong because of the way women have been treated in the past. What sort of morality is that? As I said before, even the most staunch feminists would not argue that."

I understand what your argument is. Respectfully, I don't buy it.
 
BN747
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:48 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
BN747 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Nobody here has insisted that the number of false allegations eclipses the number of true allegations. That is a straw man argument.

Most of my car trips do not involve an accident. But I still wear a seatbelt.

I don't think that I am going to die this year. But I still carry life insurance.


Ignorant thoughts result in ignorant responses...

Accidents worldwide have nothing to do with whether you live or die...until you're in one.

That is a very ignorant analogy of attempting to juxtapose centuries of heinous unaddressed attacks upon females compared to this (I wear my seatbelt) modern day white male cry of 'I need protection'...NO! Moth**F*****, you don't!

Too many people still need protections from the likes you first! After say 100 years (and you're getting off cheap) of mute to your concerns, then we will listen to you - if you do break into a puddle of tears after enduring the strain many have shouldered for centuries!

Tug, you heard Maverick, you have anything to do with the public? Learn to exist and deal with the public or the public will put up barriers around you- as we are stating here! You choose to segregate...expect for you to be separated from the rest.

Braybuddy summed up what I was about to say quite well:
"What you seem to be suggesting (correct me if I'm wrong), in essence, is that false accusations shouldn't be considered wrong because of the way women have been treated in the past. What sort of morality is that? As I said before, even the most staunch feminists would not argue that."

I understand what your argument is. Respectfully, I don't buy it.



Braybuddy, I'm saying you did any of those things, but you are championing a fraudulent push by these conservative types who are NOW sudden victims of wrongdoings and trying to create a movement where none needs to be.

Societies MUST confront the age old plagues before even considering addressing concerns of the privileged class. Those on the receiving end of centuries of unjust conduct of this very type of candidate have waited far too long for their issues to be addressed with fervor!

(correct me if I'm wrong), in essence, is that false accusations shouldn't be considered wrong because of the way women have been treated in the past. What sort of morality is that? As I said before, even the most staunch feminists would not argue that.

Well we've seen you quote your 'supposed conservative friends', now if you know a single feminist, I'd be floored.

But absolutely the support that stand, I dare you to find one who supports this fool candidate.

And, YES!

The female Past wrongs TRUMP today's false white male cries 'unfair'. Next thing you know, they'll be crying for White History Month, oh wait...they've already done that.



Don't Vote Rapist

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:52 pm

BN747 wrote:

Braybuddy,... you are championing a fraudulent push by these conservative types who are NOW sudden victims of wrongdoings and trying to create a movement where none needs to be.

Nobody is creating a movement. There are two Republicans out of thousands of Republican elected officials that we know have this policy. To my knowledge, neither has suggested that other politicians should adopt their policy.

Perhaps it is best to put things into perspective. The sky is not falling.
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:30 pm

BN747 wrote:
Braybuddy, I'm saying you did any of those things, but you are championing a fraudulent push by these conservative types who are NOW sudden victims of wrongdoings and trying to create a movement where none needs to be.

The only people I'm championing in this thread are the falsely accused. If someone else benefits I can't do anything about that. I'd just as easily champion people who are abused, or who suffer any other injustice, in another thread.

However times change, and in 2019 we're in a very different world to the one we've all grown up in. Health and safety has become paramount and we all follow rules and regulations which would have been laughed at years ago. A lot of these are for insurance purposes, I believe. That's just the way it is, and we are doing things now which will horrify people in 2069. One-on-one situations in the workplace will probably be one of them.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:42 pm

casinterest wrote:
If you want to run for public office and you can't meet one on one with any of your constituents, then that is a problem.

No it is not.
No one is required to meet "one on one" with anyone ever. Not even someone running for office. It may impact being elected but I will not force someone to meet alone with someone else.

casinterest wrote:
You can dictate the time , date and place, but if you are granting special access to other "constituents" with different rules, then that presents an issue

This is a wholly different issue and I agree, the rules need to be the same. But the past can be one thing, if you realize something needs to change then you can do so but the change needs to be applied evenly. You can handle different groups of interested parties (not just constituents, which a reporter may or may not be) differently though each group class needs to be handled in a similar manner.

As I said, I don't necessarily agree with how this guy handled this, however he has every right to handle a requested meeting as he sees fit (which may very well affect electability).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
BN747
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:20 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Braybuddy,... you are championing a fraudulent push by these conservative types who are NOW sudden victims of wrongdoings and trying to create a movement where none needs to be.

Nobody is creating a movement. There are two Republicans out of thousands of Republican elected officials that we know have this policy. To my knowledge, neither has suggested that other politicians should adopt their policy.

Perhaps it is best to put things into perspective. The sky is not falling.


Here's some perspective, that same impediment that keeps people like you from detecting the president is a pathological liar while cheering him on, is the same cerebral mental activity at work to keep you from recognizing that 'those who've held political power shaping society for centuries are now being served some comeuppance of their own making'

As long as you are in denial of that, you'll never detect any kind of social change..because you don't want it, you don't welcome it and you dislike it. Your only course of action is what
Alan Bakke pulled back in 1978 - screaming "I'm a White guy, and the Univ. of Calif. affirmative action is victimizing me"

Affirmative action had not been in place more than a couple of years before the every tool possible is employed to curtail it.

Bakke
Clarence 'they are trying to lynch me' Thomas
Kim 'I don't serve Gays' Davis
Brett 'Don't yell at me, I have my story' Kavanaugh

..and fool candidate of this topic.
...there is a pattern an active strategy to erase a racist, sexist past and pretend All is Equal now, so Don't to Us (white guys) what we did to you!

There is the perspective you choose to ignore.


Braybuddy wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Braybuddy, I'm saying you did any of those things, but you are championing a fraudulent push by these conservative types who are NOW sudden victims of wrongdoings and trying to create a movement where none needs to be.

The only people I'm championing in this thread are the falsely accused. If someone else benefits I can't do anything about that. I'd just as easily champion people who are abused, or who suffer any other injustice, in another thread. .


Oh really? You have this long history of A.net postings of calling out injustices here as vociferously as you are now defending this fool?

Your arguments come across as endorsing this 'politician' playing victim and trying to make it 'a thing'.

He's a conservative white politician in the South, the American South...he's had all his life to combat 'unfair and unjust' conduct of his fellow citizens, my bet is his political stance/actions will reflect the exact adverse.

Braybuddy wrote:
However times change, and in 2019 we're in a very different world to the one we've all grown up in. Health and safety has become paramount and we all follow rules and regulations which would have been laughed at years ago. A lot of these are for insurance purposes, I believe. That's just the way it is, and we are doing things now which will horrify people in 2069. One-on-one situations in the workplace will probably be one of them.


Oh, you are now concerned of the personal safety of people/politicians in the work place.

Do you have a post here on A.net sharing your support of the safety of Bigger fish than this Mississippi minnow, like the safety of Congresswomen Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Talib and AOC as they are being labeled as a danger to America - but the criminal president.

He has millions of armed followers, who will act! Just like the moron who showed up with a AR-15 to the DC pizzeria looking for Hillary Clinton's secret child sex smuggling underground operation.

If you have no post here on the subject of the US president attacking those women and making them targets...then I find your concerns here about this fella and his safety a steaming pile of Horseshit.

Post your 'post' proving me wrong if it exist.


Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:37 pm

BN747 wrote:
Here's some perspective, that same impediment that keeps people like you from detecting the president is a pathological liar while cheering him on, is the same cerebral mental activity at work to keep you from recognizing that 'those who've held political power shaping society for centuries are now being served some comeuppance of their own making.

I see. You see this as some sort of "comeuppance" for men, most of whom have never sexually abused a woman.

Here is the difference between our positions. I believe that violence against women is wrong and should be punished to the maximum extent allowed by law. I also believe that people are allowed to take precautions to protect themselves against false accusations given that studies show that 8% or more of allegations are ultimately shown to be false.

In other words, I don't want to see any victims. You want to see a subset of people be victimized as some sort of payback for past injustices - as if there is some sort of cosmic scale that does not seek to eliminate victimization, but to perpetuate victimization in a futile attempt to ultimately balance itself. It's an interesting theory, but not one that I find to be persuasive.
 
BN747
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:47 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Here's some perspective, that same impediment that keeps people like you from detecting the president is a pathological liar while cheering him on, is the same cerebral mental activity at work to keep you from recognizing that 'those who've held political power shaping society for centuries are now being served some comeuppance of their own making.

I see. You see this as some sort of "comeuppance" for men, most of whom have never sexually abused a woman.

Here is the difference between our positions. I believe that violence against women is wrong and should be punished to the maximum extent allowed by law. I also believe that people are allowed to take precautions to protect themselves against false accusations given that studies show that 8% or more of allegations are ultimately shown to be false.

In other words, I don't want to see any victims. .


Of course you don't...until you become one then you'll 'get it'.

The Empathy Gap is the impediment keeps you seeing things on a broader scale.

The difference between our positions are that 'you believe and feel' what you expressed.

Me: I've seen, lived and witness social failures of legal enforcement and violations hidden or unseen by the 'average' person, but MOST average people (worldwide) are very aware of balance between treatment of the unjust as opposed to the privileged. You choose not to recognize the distinction ...by falsely projecting the bogus 'we are all equal now' stance.


Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:53 pm

BN747 wrote:
You choose not to recognize the distinction ...by falsely projecting the bogus 'we are all equal now' stance.

I never said that everyone is equal. I've yet to see a society where that is the case. I've seen some societies attempt to achieve that by force with chilling results, but that is a topic for a different thread.

What I said is that I want to see policies that result in as few people becoming victims as possible. This is the point of disagreement between us.
 
BN747
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:59 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
BN747 wrote:
You choose not to recognize the distinction ...by falsely projecting the bogus 'we are all equal now' stance.
I never said that everyone is equal. .[/quote]

You don't need to say it, your attitude as expressed 'projects' that line of thought...it's only reason you're trying to makes this clown candidate's position legit.

If your thoughts we based on the factual unjust unfairness of women (American and beyond) it would reflect those positions..it doesn't.

You and this poor candidate are in the same vain of thought as far as recognizing the uneven standing of women in this senario...it's why you are arguing for him.


Don't Vote Racist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:13 pm

BN747 wrote:
Oh really? You have this long history of A.net postings of calling out injustices here as vociferously as you are now defending this fool?

Your arguments come across as endorsing this 'politician' playing victim and trying to make it 'a thing'.

He's a conservative white politician in the South, the American South...he's had all his life to combat 'unfair and unjust' conduct of his fellow citizens, my bet is his political stance/actions will reflect the exact adverse.

Oh wow, you really are reading too much into my posts. You're obviously following a political agenda here, which I have no interest in. I'm not American, and don't live in the US, so American political agendas are of no interest to me at all. If you're reading stuff into what I post I can't do anything about that, apart from suggesting that you read them carefully and chill. I'm not following anyone's agenda here, political or otherwise, so you're wasting your time trying to pin that on me. So what if he's a conservative, white politician in the South? I don't care if he's white, green, yellow, black or a fetching shade of cerise. I couldn't give a toss. How difficult is it for you to grasp that? I rarely get involved in threads on here, particularly the politcal ones -- they're pretty predictable, and boring. As I've told you already, I only got involved in this thread because I can understand how someone would want to protect themselves against false accusations. Simple as. But you can't -- or don't want to - undersand that, for some reason. Does everyone in your world have to have a political agenda?

What I am picking up from this thread is the toxic nature of US politics, where things are not taken at face value and twisted and turned to suit an agenda, which is a shame.

Braybuddy wrote:
Oh, you are now concerned of the personal safety of people/politicians in the work place.

Do you have a post here on A.net sharing your support of the safety of Bigger fish than this Mississippi minnow, like the safety of Congresswomen Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Talib and AOC as they are being labeled as a danger to America - but the criminal president.

He has millions of armed followers, who will act! Just like the moron who showed up with a AR-15 to the DC pizzeria looking for Hillary Clinton's secret child sex smuggling underground operation.

If you have no post here on the subject of the US president attacking those women and making them targets...then I find your concerns here about this fella and his safety a steaming pile of Horseshit.

Post your 'post' proving me wrong if it exist.


Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

As I've already said, I have little or no interest or knowledge of domestic American politics and can't even remember the last time I got involved any such thread, if at all. I dip into one thread to add my 2 cents on false allegations and you label me a racist:

BN747 wrote:
So you 'false allegation' guys are trying to establish a policy standard to protect 'white men' from 'false allegations.

Get a grip . .
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:13 pm

Look, the simple fact is this guy CAN manage who meets with him and how.

Additionally there is another HUGE issue being dealt with in this thread: Sexual assault against women and allegations made of such and where "justice" lies on that spectrum. THAT is a whole other ball of worms that is very tough to address and deal with and MeToo is one more step in the process or dealing with it. The hardest part is that allegations are just that, and due process is CRITICAL to any successful society and moving away from that is never good. Public lynching is not a valued method of punishing and dealing with crime. And neither is sidelining or punishing an accuser just for making a statement.

I don't have the answer. And so far I don't know how we will get to an answer easily. While the vast majority of accusations may very well be true, that also can't justify anyone being falsely tarnished and punished summarily by the powers that be. I have read enough on this to be oh both sides. One side supporting those who have been assaulted and the other side supporting a sound approach to ensuring justice is done and no one is falsely convicted. The destruction of lives on either side is immense. The "problem" of false accusations may be very small but that in no way makes it any more allowable. Just as the idea of not taking seriously or worse punishing a person who makes such accusations. BOth need care.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:13 pm

You aren’t addressing my point. Please explain why you believe that a policy that results in greater victimization is more preferable than a policy that results in lesser victimization.
 
BN747
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:35 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Oh really? You have this long history of A.net postings of calling out injustices here as vociferously as you are now defending this fool?

Your arguments come across as endorsing this 'politician' playing victim and trying to make it 'a thing'.

He's a conservative white politician in the South, the American South...he's had all his life to combat 'unfair and unjust' conduct of his fellow citizens, my bet is his political stance/actions will reflect the exact adverse.

Oh wow, you really are reading too much into my posts. You're obviously following a political agenda here, which I have no interest in. I'm not American, and don't live in the US, so American political agendas are of no interest to me at all.
Get a grip . .


This what is called forcing you to own your words.


I can't possibly see myself doing what you've done here...me, calling out some local small town British (or Irish which ever pertains to you) politician and defending his archaic stance...I wouldn't dare bother.

But you chose to do so here.

You chose to inject yourself into a sketchy candidate creating a 'cry white guy for protection against women' platform and you've gone to some incredible lengths in doing so.
All without knowing or understanding the sexist culture woven into American politics.

I'm reading into your post too much?

You are running away from your original position as it becomes clear to you that this is nothing but a ploy.
That there's history behind these type of tactics.
You blindly supported it because you saw it simply as 'he's an honest guy that could be falsely accused'...and but then your failure to post about more prominent women being attacked false by the president and placed in danger by doing so - renders your concerns of 'safety' as hollow and selective and hard to believe.

You basically entered this fray for the sake to bitch against the current women's movement.
Nothing more. And if you're honst...you'll admit as much.


BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:49 pm

It is interesting how some end up voiding their whole point.

Again the simple fact is you cannot dictate who someone will meet with and especially dictate that it must be alone.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:32 pm

BN747 wrote:
This what is called forcing you to own your words.


I can't possibly see myself doing what you've done here...me, calling out some local small town British (or Irish which ever pertains to you) politician and defending his archaic stance...I wouldn't dare bother.

But you chose to do so here.

You chose to inject yourself into a sketchy candidate creating a 'cry white guy for protection against women' platform and you've gone to some incredible lengths in doing so.
All without knowing or understanding the sexist culture woven into American politics.

I'm reading into your post too much?

You are running away from your original position as it becomes clear to you that this is nothing but a ploy.
That there's history behind these type of tactics.
You blindly supported it because you saw it simply as 'he's an honest guy that could be falsely accused'...and but then your failure to post about more prominent women being attacked false by the president and placed in danger by doing so - renders your concerns of 'safety' as hollow and selective and hard to believe.

You basically entered this fray for the sake to bitch against the current women's movement.
Nothing more. And if you're honst...you'll admit as much.


BN747

Your posts get more bizarre (and interesting) by the minute. How exactly am I running away from my original position? Which was:

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Wait, which one is irrational? They're both born out of the same febrile, backward men, who view women as lesser temptresses who cannot be trusted. It is misogyny so ancient it's literally in the Bible/Torah.

More a case of being afraid of false accusations, or a lawsuit. In case you have missed it:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/27/worl ... s-men.html

Not being American doesn't prevent me from commenting on false allegations, no matter where they occur.

Eh, what history are you talking about, may I enquire? You seem to know more about me than I do myself!

You really need to chill. Because I -- or you, for that matter -- choose to comment on a topic, that doesn't compel me to comment on another. Do you weigh all your posts up, ensuring they are perfectly balanced politically and gender-wise? Why do you think mine should be? And I'm also entitled to comment (or bitch, as you so elegantly put it) about anyone or anything I choose, as long as I follow the rules of these forums. My gripe is with false accusers -- whether they are men or women, which I have both already commented on. But carry on, your posts are getting more entertaining as the night goes on. You'd have a great career in fiction, you know . . .
 
BN747
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:41 pm

Braybuddy wrote:

You really need to chill. Because I -- or you, for that matter -- choose to comment on a topic, that doesn't compel me to comment on another. Do you weigh all your posts up, ensuring they are perfectly balanced politically and gender-wise? Why do you think mine should be? And I'm also entitled to comment (or bitch, as you so elegantly put it) about anyone or anything I choose, as long as I follow the rules of these forums. My gripe is with false accusers -- whether they are men or women, which I have both already commented on. But carry on, your posts are getting more entertaining as the night goes on. You'd have a great career in fiction, you know . . .


The problem is your comment entered without any understanding of the context and environment of it's unfolding comes across as..
White dude victim claiming
Male chauvinistic defense mechanisms

No real authentic concerns (as expressed by you later) for public safety of an official due to his public stance.

That's where you ran from your argument.

And past post do back up a members claims to have been consistent with claims of 'I'm concerned about this, I've always supported that...what ever it is.
Your post, when diving deep enough., will betray your true feelings and views.


Don't Vote Rast
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:52 pm

BN747 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:

You really need to chill. Because I -- or you, for that matter -- choose to comment on a topic, that doesn't compel me to comment on another. Do you weigh all your posts up, ensuring they are perfectly balanced politically and gender-wise? Why do you think mine should be? And I'm also entitled to comment (or bitch, as you so elegantly put it) about anyone or anything I choose, as long as I follow the rules of these forums. My gripe is with false accusers -- whether they are men or women, which I have both already commented on. But carry on, your posts are getting more entertaining as the night goes on. You'd have a great career in fiction, you know . . .


The problem is your comment entered without any understanding of the context and environment of it's unfolding comes across as..
White dude victim claiming
Male chauvinistic defense mechanisms

No real authentic concerns (as expressed by you later) for public safety of an official due to his public stance.

That's where you ran from your argument.

And past post do back up a members claims to have been consistent with claims of 'I'm concerned about this, I've always supported that...what ever it is.
Your post, when diving deep enough., will betray your true feelings and views.


Don't Vote Rast
BN747

Excuse me, your bias is showing.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
BN747
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:54 pm

Tugger wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:

You really need to chill. Because I -- or you, for that matter -- choose to comment on a topic, that doesn't compel me to comment on another. Do you weigh all your posts up, ensuring they are perfectly balanced politically and gender-wise? Why do you think mine should be? And I'm also entitled to comment (or bitch, as you so elegantly put it) about anyone or anything I choose, as long as I follow the rules of these forums. My gripe is with false accusers -- whether they are men or women, which I have both already commented on. But carry on, your posts are getting more entertaining as the night goes on. You'd have a great career in fiction, you know . . .


The problem is your comment entered without any understanding of the context and environment of it's unfolding comes across as..
White dude victim claiming
Male chauvinistic defense mechanisms

No real authentic concerns (as expressed by you later) for public safety of an official due to his public stance.

That's where you ran from your argument.

And past post do back up a members claims to have been consistent with claims of 'I'm concerned about this, I've always supported that...what ever it is.
Your post, when diving deep enough., will betray your true feelings and views.


Don't Vote Rast
BN747

Excuse me, your bias is showing.

Tugg


Okay...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:51 am

BN747 wrote:
The problem is your comment entered without any understanding of the context and environment of it's unfolding comes across as..
White dude victim claiming
Male chauvinistic defense mechanisms
No real authentic concerns (as expressed by you later) for public safety of an official due to his public stance.

1: Race has nothing whatsoever to do with my argument. The guy could have been any colour and I would have taken the same stance. How long does it take for the penny will drop?
2: I believe in equal and fair treatment for all. Whether you're a man or a woman is completely immaterial. That doesn't prevent me from criticising the #MeToo movement when it's deserved, particularly when it encourages women to see themselves as permanent victims. The women I like, and respect, are better than that.
3: Run that by me again? About whom, and where, have I not expressed concern for "public safety"?

BN747 wrote:
And past post do back up a members claims to have been consistent with claims of 'I'm concerned about this, I've always supported that...what ever it is.
Your post, when diving deep enough., will betray your true feelings and views.


Don't Vote Rast
BN747

I'm flattered that you read enough of my posts to know what I've claimed in the past. Your memory is certainly better than mine! I honestly can't remember if and when I've entered a debate about false allegations, race or sexism on here, but feel free to dig into the archives and remind me what "I'm concerned about, I've always supported that". (You'll need to do a lot of digging, BTW, as I only occasionally post on here, and I usually avoid political threads). The last political thread I got involved in was on the EU-Mercosur deal, and I honestly can't remember the one previous to that, but I think it might have been one about an Australian politican who was rounded-on for slapping a 17-year-old when he had smashed an egg on his head.

And for the record, while you're diving into my past posts, you'll find that I only get involved in US political threads on election night (which is always fascinating). In the past I've been a strong supporter of Bill Clinton (he did a lot for peace in Northern Ireland). I disliked George W Bush for the simple reason that I didn't think he was up to the job, and I thought he was crazy to invade Iraq. I was thrilled when Barack Obama was elected, but was disappointed when he removed his red lines on Syria. I supported Hillary in the last election, and was horrified when Donald Trump won. But I can see now why he was elected, not least because of the cancer of political correctness. So if I can be accused of bias, it would certainly be more towards the Democratic side, but I have no real interest on any political affiliation here. I take each president as he (or she, in case I'm accused again of being a male chauvinist) comes. By the way, you're doing great in in the insults department, first racsim, now male chauvinism. What's next?

By the time you get around to replying I will be enjoying a well-earned break down the country, so will be offline for a few days (retirement is hard work!). I'll look forward to resuming the debate on Thursday.
 
BN747
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:20 am

Braybuddy wrote:
BN747 wrote:
The problem is your comment entered without any understanding of the context and environment of it's unfolding comes across as..
White dude victim claiming
Male chauvinistic defense mechanisms
No real authentic concerns (as expressed by you later) for public safety of an official due to his public stance.

1: Race has nothing whatsoever to do with my argument. The guy could have been any colour and I would have taken the same stance.


...and that's the problem, the event is taking place in the most racially tinged environs in America.
The trend of white male defense via victimhood claims has been growing for decades and this action by this clown is a perfect example of that.

Reverse the role for a moment, a woman running for the same office stating "I don't want any males near me wjen I'm alone, I might be assaulted!"

Now, what would males, worldwide say to that?

...you already know the ridicule that would follow, would rank off the charts!
And yet, the facts support the possibility of her claims are far more likely than his bogus claim.
As far as a female claim being realistic, the lower profile her office the greater chances of sexual assault.

Your comments addressing this does not take into account the historical imbalance of addressing inequities ...you might as well be speaking of those living in Alice in Wonderland because you refuse to observe the realistic context in which it is playing out.

BN747 wrote:
And past post do back up a members claims to have been consistent with claims of 'I'm concerned about this, I've always supported that...what ever it is.
Your post, when diving deep enough., will betray your true feelings and views.


Don't Vote Rast
BN747
I'm flattered that you read enough of my posts to know what I've claimed in the past.


I make no such claim...I merely ask you to post and share your 'past expressed concerns (posts) that would show you as this person in steady concern of the public safety of American politicians being publicly tarnished by an influencial figure aka the attacks made against the congressional females mentioned above - you haven't expressed such concerns thus your sudden concern for this fool with that argument was bogus.


Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:25 pm

This is actually a very good article, the first in a 3 part series, on the problems with "assuming" one side is right over the other. This deals specifically with the problems now occurring with on college campus allegations and potential sexual assaults. One interesting part regarding the percentage of false reporting statistics:

A central tenet of advocates seeking greater accountability for sexual assault is that the complainant is virtually always the one telling the truth. As a 2014 White House report, “Rape and Sexual Assault: A Renewed Call to Action,” stated, “Only 2–10 percent of reported rapes are false.” Campus materials aimed at students make similar assertions.

But as Michelle J. Anderson, the president of Brooklyn College and a scholar of rape law, acknowledged in a 2004 paper in the Boston University Law Review, “There is no good empirical data on false rape complaints either historically or currently.” The data have not improved since that time. In a 2015 working paper, Lieutenant Colonel Reggie Yager, a U.S. Air Force judge advocate who has defended men accused of sexual assault, took a comprehensive look at the research on the incidence of false rape reports, and concluded that the studies confirming the overwhelming veracity of accusers are methodologically unsound.

For instance, consider Yager’s analysis of a 2010 study titled “False Allegations of Sexual Assault: An Analysis of Ten Years of Reported Cases.” The study is one of the few to examine false reports with specific reference to campus allegations, and is frequently cited by government officials and activists. David Lisak, a former associate professor of psychology at UMass Boston and a prominent consultant on campus sexual assault, is the lead author; when he and his co-authors reviewed the reports of sexual assault at one northeastern university to determine what percentage were false, they concluded that the figure was not quite 6 percent. “Over 90 percent of reports of rape are not fabrications. They’re not false allegations,” he said in a videotaped interview describing the research.

Yager writes, however, that about 45 percent of the cases Lisak reviewed did not proceed, because there was insufficient evidence, or the complainant withdrew from the process or couldn’t identify the perpetrator, or the allegation did not rise to the level of a sexual assault. In other words, no one could possibly determine whether these claims were true or false.

“Policy is being driven,” Yager wrote in his analysis, by the idea “that false allegations are exceedingly rare.” But we simply don’t know how rare they are. What’s more, no legal or moral system purporting to be just can make presumptions about individual cases based on statistics. For many years, feminist activists have said that the legal system and culture tend to prejudge assault claims, with an inclination toward believing men over women, accused over accuser. They have rightly pointed out the deep injustice of that bias. But it is also unjust to be biased against the accused.

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/a ... pe-policy/

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17509
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:10 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
But keep pretending that false allegations don't affect men's carreers, and keep your fingers crossed.

Really. Where did I do that?

Braybuddy wrote:
keep your fingers crossed.

I won't even have to keep my fingers crossed, because I'm sane about risk, and don't hold a grudge against all womyn
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:18 pm

BN747 wrote:
Reverse the role for a moment, a woman running for the same office stating "I don't want any males near me wjen I'm alone, I might be assaulted!"

Now, what would males, worldwide say to that?

...you already know the ridicule that would follow, would rank off the charts!

Really? I doubt if anyone in 2019 would be remotely surprised.

BN747 wrote:
I make no such claim...I merely ask you to post and share your 'past expressed concerns (posts) that would show you as this person in steady concern of the public safety of American politicians being publicly tarnished by an influencial figure aka the attacks made against the congressional females mentioned above - you haven't expressed such concerns thus your sudden concern for this fool with that argument was bogus.

As I've already said, I've never involved myself in American domestic politics on this site (I've no interest). The only reason I got involved in this thread is because I felt I could contribute because of the false allegations made against me, so I can understand why someone would take his stance. I've no other interest in, or knowlege of, this guy, or his politics.

MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
But keep pretending that false allegations don't affect men's carreers, and keep your fingers crossed.

Really. Where did I do that?

You've a short memory! Scroll back up the page:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Already covered a million times. Unless you have statistics showing this is an actual, legitimate issue affecting men and destroying careers--which you and VTK couldn't if your lives depended on it--then we are done here. Just curl up into the fetal position, avoid any human being--especially those untrustworthy women folk--whatsoever on the off chance they have malicious intent, and lock yourself in an airtight room forever. For safety of course.


Tugger wrote:
This is actually a very good article, the first in a 3 part series, on the problems with "assuming" one side is right over the other. This deals specifically with the problems now occurring with on college campus allegations and potential sexual assaults. One interesting part regarding the percentage of false reporting statistics:

I can't view that article, for some reason. The thing about false allegations is that any statistics (rather than estimations) are always going to be under-represented, for the simple reason that not all false accusations are going to be proven false. There are people who have been found guilty who have been entirely innocent. So they will statistically never appear as "false allegations", even though they were.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:46 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
Tugger wrote:
This is actually a very good article, the first in a 3 part series, on the problems with "assuming" one side is right over the other. This deals specifically with the problems now occurring with on college campus allegations and potential sexual assaults. One interesting part regarding the percentage of false reporting statistics:

I can't view that article, for some reason. The thing about false allegations is that any statistics (rather than estimations) are always going to be under-represented, for the simple reason that not all false accusations are going to be proven false. There are people who have been found guilty who have been entirely innocent. So they will statistically never appear as "false allegations", even though they were.

Hmmm, odd that you can't view. I have continued to read on this topic and while you are right there are no formal stats on it, the general rate of false reports is showing to be in the 7% range (between 5% and 10% but the most informed report was indicating 7%).

It is a tough thing, the women who have been attacked and harmed need to be believed and assisted, but I will never back down that accusation need to be validated. It is important for any society. But that does mean the a victims account will very likely be questions and attacked as the consequences are severe (as they should be).

I don't know an easy answer but I have taught my girls to always stand up, always speak out if someone attacks you, do not be silent. And I think that is now becoming more the norm and more women will no longer tolerate was once upon a time accepted and tolerated, and where once one would remain silent, now they will speak out. That alone is among the most important thing that must happen but additionally laws are being changed such that any settlements made with a victim can't force that victim to remain silent in these situation.

So I am hopeful that change is here, not finished by any means, there is still more to go but there is change for the better and it is continuing.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
bennett123
Posts: 8912
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:39 pm

BN747

You keep on about men abusing women in the past. No doubt that this did happen.

Are you seriously arguing that men being falsely accused of abusing women now is somehow OK.

If so, then you need to seriously reflect on your idea of justice.
 
BN747
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:53 pm

bennett123 wrote:
BN747

You keep on about men abusing women in the past. No doubt that this did happen.

Are you seriously arguing that men being falsely accused of abusing women now is somehow OK.

If so, then you need to seriously reflect on your idea of justice.


When horrifying centuries old behavior has been exacted upon a race or gender to the point of it becoming 'culturally accepted'...should the tables turn and suddenly the oppressed become the oppressor - then Now is not the time for the formerly oppressed have no room to complain.

Sure, I can say anyone under 30 have no idea of that past world, they can only read about - which is far from 'living it'.

Any turn of events where the disadvantaged exchanges roles with the 'centuries old advantaged'...will result in retaliation - humans wired that way. Only enlightened intellectual thought would interrupt the forthcoming 'payback' dynamic to be expected.

Many of us not in positions of true power must sit on the sidelines and roll with the changes of 'this new world order'.
Payback can be a bitch!

Fortunately or unfortunately, when #MeToo gets really established...all the men deserving moments of 'reckoning' will have passed to the after world, escaping their bad conduct and deeds.
But there will be little you or I could do stop the 'payback effect' those in power - should that day come.


BN747

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17509
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:56 am

Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
But keep pretending that false allegations don't affect men's carreers, and keep your fingers crossed.

Really. Where did I do that?

You've a short memory! Scroll back up the page:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Already covered a million times. Unless you have statistics showing this is an actual, legitimate issue affecting men and destroying careers--which you and VTK couldn't if your lives depended on it--then we are done here. Just curl up into the fetal position, avoid any human being--especially those untrustworthy women folk--whatsoever on the off chance they have malicious intent, and lock yourself in an airtight room forever. For safety of course.

I remember just fine--the key word there being legitimate, which you still have yet to demonstrate.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: afterburner, anrec80, meecrob and 16 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos