Braybuddy

Re: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate bars reporter for being female

Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:42 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
I remember just fine--the key word there being legitimate, which you still have yet to demonstrate.

Keep digging . . .

bennett123

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:51 am

Personally I have no intention of putting myself in the position of getting payback for something that someone else did.

You may be happy about being ‘collateral damage’.

BN747

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:10 pm

bennett123 wrote:
Personally I have no intention of putting myself in the position of getting payback for something that someone else did.

You may be happy about being ‘collateral damage’.

It's not up to you to decide how societal change will affect you.

It's not a matter about me or you.

Thought's like that are saying 'the victims personally chose to available for a random attack'...they weren't available, it was a society tolerated problem. #MeToo is making 'Men ...stop and think. As well as pissing the chauvinist types off (like subject of this thread) seeking refuge from anything they might or might not do.

The guilty hides among the ranks of the innocent.

By remaining silent, our complacency is a tacit enabling of the crimes as the guilty mask themselves by ridiculous claims and scams like this loser 'christian' candidate.

The Payback Element is natural human response - whether acted on or wished upon. But for bad behavior, it demands corrective measures - society isn't moving fast enough to correct anything, so #MeToo is born, Black Lives Matter is birthed, not necessarily 'payback organizations', but more of watchdog with teeth organization. Their teeth comes in the form of 'indentifying abusers, calling them out and demanding they be held accountable. Imagine the pace of change without it.

The guys here supporting or backing this idiot candidate are doing so out fear something that will never happen to them personally, not that they give to shits about this clown (personally) - they are just amped up over something that will never come their way.

Same for the Black Lives Matter attackers here on A.net, none of them are black, nothing happening to blacks affects them (personally) and yet, they will not hold back on ridiculing the need for such social combating organizations. So they aren't affected - then ask, why are the fanatical haters of such corrective socially necessary organizations?

They do and say so, because 'they see nothing wrong'....and by default enablers of bad actors/actions at a minimum and supporters (of bad actions) at worst!

Think about it.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

bennett123

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:41 pm

BN747

Are you trolling or do you really believe this rubbish.

If you are happy to be convicted of something you did not do purely because someone else did and you somehow fit the same profile then that is up to you.

If society deems that if a man and woman are alone together and she shouts then he is automatically guilty as some sort of pay back for actions by someone else, then the only sensible response is to refuse to place yourself in that situation.

BN747

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:43 pm

bennett123 wrote:
BN747

Are you trolling or do you really believe this rubbish.

If you are happy to be convicted of something you did not do purely because someone else did and you somehow fit the same profile then that is up to you.

If society deems that if a man and woman are alone together and she shouts then he is automatically guilty as some sort of pay back for actions by someone else, then the only sensible response is to refuse to place yourself in that situation.

Okay, last try...

Sorry you cant see that we are victims of societal change - whether we wish it or not...this applies to ALL things.

Call it rubbish if you want, but trashing it, ignoring it will not diminish it.

All past victims of silent society endorsement or acceptance of what was done to them were Just There for the pickings, not volunteering for anything, least of all harm or worse.

As change takes effect - some must suffer.

Example - if Social Security is suddenly eliminated, is it fair to the millions who've paid into it for years to suddenly have it taken away? Of course not!
But if a well crafted excuse is given...many will shut up and 'accept the new reality',,the young who never knew of social security will think nothing of it because they
were reared during a period of it not being 'a thing'.

You can fight it all you want, but it is now how it is.

Should we drop Affirmation action programs because 100 black, minority people scammed the system to enrich themselves????
People with whatever angst against minorities will aggressively push for it.

When in effect it has helped 100s of 1000s if not millions. 100 or 1000 ripoff artist escape punishment for abuse because the correcting benefit was worth.

The gov't is scammed by professional contractors who know exactly who to secure $1000s to millions on a daily basis, thru Medicare, etc...do we end it? Hell no, we;ll investigate the minor medicare scammers but not the colossal ones.

But who gets hurt? A helluva lot of people in all directions, but MORE are helped by it.

I'm not volunteering to be gamed or BS'd by some chick with a false accusal in the least But I'm willing to risk the charge if change scares the bejesus out of bad actors frightened to make a move because of the powerful positions they hold. In the end, it changes attitudes a lot, a hell off a lot. And protects millions of women from the indignities the Past did not.

For a better a society, I will gamble the 'standing down and standing aside' to allow the new attitude to take hold.

I used to personally be bar/night club patron grabbing girls asses almost every 'opportunity' and it was worth the risk of getting slapped or drink in the face or a scrap with her boyfriend (But for clarity, I would never do if I knew she was coupled with someone as I wouldn't want that either.

But since then, attitudes have changed, so has mine. The memories were fun but I now see how offensive and humiliating my acts were.
Those woman were out for good time...not some strange guy passing by and groping their buttocks.
It could be my sister (I'm certain that happened to her by some creep [like I was] many times.
I've been educated about their right to not be hassled for any reason just as I expect from others.

So, if you can get that some innocents will suffer amid stern new laws & conditions - and you expect perfect redress and equality in prosecution across the board, I've got just one thing to say.

Well to the real world, that doesn't exist...it is encumbered upon the better citizens to work and make it better for others even if it means we 'personally' must go thru some unwanted hell to get there.

Sorry if that doesn't compute with you but it is the world we live in...and it change itself by wishing and hoping.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Braybuddy

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:01 am

bennett123 wrote:

We are in a parallel universe here. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

BN747

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:53 am

Braybuddy wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

We are in a parallel universe here. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

And even more so are those with 20/20 vision and mentally blind to historical patterns of horrific behavior and conduct.
They usually don't 'get it'...until it happens to someone close to them or they themselves.

Then you're too late to be of any use to anyone.

BN747

SQ22

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:57 am

Its time to lock this thread, somehow it is running in circles and there is nothing new to add.