NoTime
Topic Author
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:39 pm

OK, not sure why the mods would remove the original thread for this...? A mistake, perhaps?

AURORA, Colo. (CBS4)– Hundreds of protesters gathered in Aurora on Friday evening to march to the ICE detention facility where illegal and undocumented immigrants are being housed. They also removed the U.S. flag, replaced it with a Mexican flag, and spray painted graffiti on a Blue Lives Matter flag before it was seen flying upside down on the flag pole.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/07/12/ ... ion-raids/


It's pitiful... These people are only benefiting Trump when they do stuff like this - and the defacing of the "Blue Lives Matter" flag was a nice touch, no? That's sure to get middle America on your side. :roll:

Why can they not see how this hurts their cause?
 
Pyrex
Posts: 4622
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Funny... They are being held pending extradition to Mexico, and these idiots seem to want to accelerate that process.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
KentB27
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:58 pm

If these people love Mexico so much, why don't they go to Mexico illegally and see what happens?

I'd be more than happy to help them pack their bags.

This kind of anti-American behavior is a large reason why Trump is president right now. These kinds of people are just making it easier for him to win again in 2020.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9391
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:53 pm

KentB27 wrote:
If these people love Mexico so much, why don't they go to Mexico illegally and see what happens?

I'd be more than happy to help them pack their bags.

This kind of anti-American behavior is a large reason why Trump is president right now. These kinds of people are just making it easier for him to win again in 2020.


You say that, but these very public raids coming this week are going to set suburban women off again. They rejected WH policies in the midterms last year largely over rough handling of migrants, and 45 can’t win reelection without that voting bloc. Perhaps instead of mishandling people who already have nothing, the WH should try something realistic like going after the Chamber of Commerce, firing Kushner, and enacting harsh penalties for companies actively seeking cheap immigrant labor.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:12 am

Aaron747 wrote:
KentB27 wrote:
If these people love Mexico so much, why don't they go to Mexico illegally and see what happens?

I'd be more than happy to help them pack their bags.

This kind of anti-American behavior is a large reason why Trump is president right now. These kinds of people are just making it easier for him to win again in 2020.


You say that, but these very public raids coming this week are going to set suburban women off again. They rejected WH policies in the midterms last year largely over rough handling of migrants, and 45 can’t win reelection without that voting bloc. Perhaps instead of mishandling people who already have nothing, the WH should try something realistic like going after the Chamber of Commerce, firing Kushner, and enacting harsh penalties for companies actively seeking cheap immigrant labor.


Or get this...we can hold those accountable that break our immigration laws and send their behinds back to where they came from? We should hold employers accountable but it’s asinine to think we should look the other way for those breaking our laws because they have nothing.

As far as 2018’s election goes, Obama lost a LOT more seats in the House and Senate in 2010 and still easily secured re-election in 2012...all while earning the nickname the “Deporter in Chief”.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9391
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:22 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
KentB27 wrote:
If these people love Mexico so much, why don't they go to Mexico illegally and see what happens?

I'd be more than happy to help them pack their bags.

This kind of anti-American behavior is a large reason why Trump is president right now. These kinds of people are just making it easier for him to win again in 2020.


You say that, but these very public raids coming this week are going to set suburban women off again. They rejected WH policies in the midterms last year largely over rough handling of migrants, and 45 can’t win reelection without that voting bloc. Perhaps instead of mishandling people who already have nothing, the WH should try something realistic like going after the Chamber of Commerce, firing Kushner, and enacting harsh penalties for companies actively seeking cheap immigrant labor.


Or get this...we can hold those accountable that break our immigration laws and send their behinds back to where they came from? We should hold employers accountable but it’s asinine to think we should look the other way for those breaking our laws because they have nothing.

As far as 2018’s election goes, Obama lost a LOT more seats in the House and Senate in 2010 and still easily secured re-election in 2012...all while earning the nickname the “Deporter in Chief”.


You have been had by the powers that be. The reason no immigration reform has been accomplished since 1986 is business lobbying groups like the ambiguity of exactly what we have now - a legal cheap labor stream for skilled jobs, and an illegal one for unskilled jobs.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 3401
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:15 am

Aaron747 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

You say that, but these very public raids coming this week are going to set suburban women off again. They rejected WH policies in the midterms last year largely over rough handling of migrants, and 45 can’t win reelection without that voting bloc. Perhaps instead of mishandling people who already have nothing, the WH should try something realistic like going after the Chamber of Commerce, firing Kushner, and enacting harsh penalties for companies actively seeking cheap immigrant labor.


Or get this...we can hold those accountable that break our immigration laws and send their behinds back to where they came from? We should hold employers accountable but it’s asinine to think we should look the other way for those breaking our laws because they have nothing.

As far as 2018’s election goes, Obama lost a LOT more seats in the House and Senate in 2010 and still easily secured re-election in 2012...all while earning the nickname the “Deporter in Chief”.


You have been had by the powers that be. The reason no immigration reform has been accomplished since 1986 is business lobbying groups like the ambiguity of exactly what we have now - a legal cheap labor stream for skilled jobs, and an illegal one for unskilled jobs.


I was talking with a friend today who is an IT VP for a northeast bank. In ‘09, the bank laid off 2,500 IT people all US citizens and out-sourced the work to InfoSys. InfoSys got work visas for Indians to do the work in the US on contract. The previous administration had no problem approving the visas. Now, ICE is asking the US employer why aren’t they using US employees or justifying their inability to find US workers. Visas denied, hire American. Elections have consequences.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9391
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:28 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Or get this...we can hold those accountable that break our immigration laws and send their behinds back to where they came from? We should hold employers accountable but it’s asinine to think we should look the other way for those breaking our laws because they have nothing.

As far as 2018’s election goes, Obama lost a LOT more seats in the House and Senate in 2010 and still easily secured re-election in 2012...all while earning the nickname the “Deporter in Chief”.


You have been had by the powers that be. The reason no immigration reform has been accomplished since 1986 is business lobbying groups like the ambiguity of exactly what we have now - a legal cheap labor stream for skilled jobs, and an illegal one for unskilled jobs.


I was talking with a friend today who is an IT VP for a northeast bank. In ‘09, the bank laid off 2,500 IT people all US citizens and out-sourced the work to InfoSys. InfoSys got work visas for Indians to do the work in the US on contract. The previous administration had no problem approving the visas. Now, ICE is asking the US employer why aren’t they using US employees or justifying their inability to find US workers. Visas denied, hire American. Elections have consequences.


Sounds like BS to me as I have done work in this area and the process deals with USCIS, not ICE. Though your friend may be referring to specific changes to the H-1B visa program in 2018. Also you are not keeping up on what’s going on behind the scenes:

https://trib.com/opinion/columns/guzzar ... 50547.html

https://amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/politi ... 48714.html
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1543
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:55 am

I am fine with them defacing the "Blue Line of Treason" flag, but it's kind of funny/racist/ignorant of them to replace the US flag with the Mexican flag considering the majority of the people being held in those facilities are not even Mexican or from Mexico.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10644
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:10 am

KentB27 wrote:
If these people love Mexico so much, why don't they go to Mexico illegally and see what happens?


Well... apparently no concentrations camps happen, no government child abductions either, so that is already progress. Also no criminal charges, but healthcare, education....

Heck, being an illegal in Mexico does objectively beat being poor and legal in the US.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14185
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:45 am

NoTime wrote:
OK, not sure why the mods would remove the original thread for this...? A mistake, perhaps?
AURORA, Colo. (CBS4)– Hundreds of protesters gathered in Aurora on Friday evening to march to the ICE detention facility where illegal and undocumented immigrants are being housed. They also removed the U.S. flag, replaced it with a Mexican flag, and spray painted graffiti on a Blue Lives Matter flag before it was seen flying upside down on the flag pole.
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/07/12/ ... ion-raids/


It's pitiful... These people are only benefiting Trump when they do stuff like this - and the defacing of the "Blue Lives Matter" flag was a nice touch, no? That's sure to get middle America on your side. :roll:
Why can they not see how this hurts their cause?


Very true. Such acts of stupidity get a lot of media publicity, they just feed the 'right' and make it impossible to constructively deal with the issue of unauthorized (to use the politically correct term) immigration and residency by foreign nationals.

For decades, our policies have been politically muddled, far too long allowing entry and not enforce unauthorized residence to provide cheap and exploitable labor, as well as encouraging the conditions in the source countries that drive such migrations. These migrants are doing this due to poverty, lack of health and welfare 'safety net', political, ethnic and regional conflicts, violence in particular from the drug trade, corruption of police and governments, natural disasters, and the global climate crises. Over the last 10 years this has been compounded by whole families migrating to the USA, not just by adult family members to work and send money back, due to those issues as well as tighter border controls. The numbers of unauthorized foreign nationals puts huge financial strains on many local and state governments and a backlash from taxpayers which led in part to Trump becoming President.

Yes, there should be peaceful and constructive protests as to the conditions of these detention facilities, but we also need, although near impossible in the short term, to expand the number of immigration judges and facilities, crack down on employers, have a work permit plan to sustain our agricultural and other work needs and improve their homelands so won't have to seek escape.
 
NoTime
Topic Author
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:04 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Very true. Such acts of stupidity get a lot of media publicity, they just feed the 'right' and make it impossible to constructively deal with the issue of unauthorized (to use the politically correct term) immigration and residency by foreign nationals.


I think illegal immigration is perfectly politically correct and accurate... no need to contort our words.

These migrants are doing this due to poverty, lack of health and welfare 'safety net', political, ethnic and regional conflicts, violence in particular from the drug trade, corruption of police and governments, natural disasters, and the global climate crises.


Agree, mostly... Out of the millions of illegal immigrants that have crossed our southern border, I'm guessing the number of "global climate crises" refugees could be counted on one hand.

The bottom line is that the poor in our country are infinitely better off than the poor in most other countries (maybe not all, but certainly those countries in South America or Africa). And, now, the poor (or even not poor) in other countries want to take advantage of it. This is made worse by organizations in the US actively encouraging and funding the migration.

The numbers of unauthorized foreign nationals puts huge financial strains on many local and state governments and a backlash from taxpayers which led in part to Trump becoming President.


This is 100% correct... it's a large and growing tax burden. It also leads to increased balkanization.

The well will eventually run dry... and then what?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9391
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:15 pm

NoTime wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Very true. Such acts of stupidity get a lot of media publicity, they just feed the 'right' and make it impossible to constructively deal with the issue of unauthorized (to use the politically correct term) immigration and residency by foreign nationals.


I think illegal immigration is perfectly politically correct and accurate... no need to contort our words.

These migrants are doing this due to poverty, lack of health and welfare 'safety net', political, ethnic and regional conflicts, violence in particular from the drug trade, corruption of police and governments, natural disasters, and the global climate crises.


Agree, mostly... Out of the millions of illegal immigrants that have crossed our southern border, I'm guessing the number of "global climate crises" refugees could be counted on one hand.

The bottom line is that the poor in our country are infinitely better off than the poor in most other countries (maybe not all, but certainly those countries in South America or Africa). And, now, the poor (or even not poor) in other countries want to take advantage of it. This is made worse by organizations in the US actively encouraging and funding the migration.

The numbers of unauthorized foreign nationals puts huge financial strains on many local and state governments and a backlash from taxpayers which led in part to Trump becoming President.


This is 100% correct... it's a large and growing tax burden. It also leads to increased balkanization.

The well will eventually run dry... and then what?


Your information on climate migration is poor. El Salvador and Guatemala have seen serious climate damage to their coffee industries already, and this used to be one of their most reliable crops and job creators. NatGeo profiled how this is leading to more migrants here:

https://relay.nationalgeographic.com/pr ... rate-to-us

Also recent MIT analysis shows Pakistan and India will be largely unlivable in the next 50-60 years as frequent heat wave temperatures now reaching 110+ degrees F several times a year become regular conditions. Potentially hundreds of millions will be displaced by any climate upheaval in South Asia.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
mham001
Posts: 5520
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
You have been had by the powers that be. The reason no immigration reform has been accomplished since 1986 is business lobbying groups like the ambiguity of exactly what we have now - a legal cheap labor stream for skilled jobs, and an illegal one for unskilled jobs.


This is FUD. The primary reason illegals are coddled in the US is directly related to Democrat policies. Democrat controlled states are at the forefront of stonewalling E-Verify, Democrat controlled cites are at the forefront of sanctuary policies and Democrats are leading the charge to stymie ICE. There is no ambiguity - Democrats have led us to where we are today and Democrats would like to go even further - because they see Brown votes and despise the white majority. Businesses don't implement immigration rules, politicians do.

A local employer here was recently sentenced to 8 years.

tommy1808 wrote:
Well... apparently no concentrations camps happen, no government child abductions either, so that is already progress. Also no criminal charges, but healthcare, education....

Heck, being an illegal in Mexico does objectively beat being poor and legal in the US.

Best regards
Thomas


Yea, pretty much none of that is true. In fact, their plight in Mexico is being used as a reason why we are evil for not letting them in as they please. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/worl ... rants.html
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9282
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 pm

mham001 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
A local employer here was recently sentenced to 8 years.

What is this supposed to be referencing? Link?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
KentB27
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:34 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
KentB27 wrote:
If these people love Mexico so much, why don't they go to Mexico illegally and see what happens?


Well... apparently no concentrations camps happen, no government child abductions either, so that is already progress. Also no criminal charges, but healthcare, education....

Heck, being an illegal in Mexico does objectively beat being poor and legal in the US.

Best regards
Thomas


If being an illegal in Mexico is objectively better than being poor and legal in the US then why don't you go try being an illegal in Mexico and see what happens? I'd love to hear a report back from you in a few months.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9391
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:42 pm

mham001 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
You have been had by the powers that be. The reason no immigration reform has been accomplished since 1986 is business lobbying groups like the ambiguity of exactly what we have now - a legal cheap labor stream for skilled jobs, and an illegal one for unskilled jobs.


This is FUD. The primary reason illegals are coddled in the US is directly related to Democrat policies. Democrat controlled states are at the forefront of stonewalling E-Verify, Democrat controlled cites are at the forefront of sanctuary policies and Democrats are leading the charge to stymie ICE. There is no ambiguity - Democrats have led us to where we are today and Democrats would like to go even further - because they see Brown votes and despise the white majority. Businesses don't implement immigration rules, politicians do.

A local employer here was recently sentenced to 8 years.

tommy1808 wrote:
Well... apparently no concentrations camps happen, no government child abductions either, so that is already progress. Also no criminal charges, but healthcare, education....

Heck, being an illegal in Mexico does objectively beat being poor and legal in the US.

Best regards
Thomas


Yea, pretty much none of that is true. In fact, their plight in Mexico is being used as a reason why we are evil for not letting them in as they please. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/worl ... rants.html


Oh sure, only one mouth is dangerous on the two-headed monster. Sorry, not even six year-olds buy that nonsense. And let’s just pretend like ignoramuses that what politicians do has zero connection to lobbying activities and Chamber of Commerce wiles. :laughing:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10644
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag In Colorado

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:19 am

mham001 wrote:
Yea, pretty much none of that is true. In fact, their plight in Mexico is being used as a reason why we are evil for not letting them in as they please. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/worl ... rants.html


did you even read the article? It debunks none of what i said, not a bit...... bo ho.... Mexico is a rather poor country with a high crime rate. What a shocker....

KentB27 wrote:
If being an illegal in Mexico is objectively better than being poor and legal in the US then why don't you go try being an illegal in Mexico and see what happens? I'd love to hear a report back from you in a few months.


Why would i? I consider neither place desirable to live in, they´d be downgrades. Plus i don´t fall into the poor category, so i don´t meet the starting condition....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos