User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:19 pm

In the news today
1. Mark Sanford(Appalachian trail hiker/unfaithful husband) is mulling a Run against Trump due to his concerns about the lack of fiscal responsibility within the Administration
2. Trump's rape accuser is going to go forward with a formal lawsuit
3. Kellyanne Comway asked a reporter for their ethnicity in response to a question pertaining to Trump's recent interactions with US Citizens about "going back" to their countries.


There seems to be many challengers to Trump and his approval that are a major threat to the GOP down ballot in the coming 2020 elections. The time to act is now. Will the GOP stand by and allow Trump and his various distractions to alienate future voters to the point that all the Executive actions will be quickly erased in a landslide election against them, or will the GOP try to preserve their perceived gains with a candidate that actually represents some of the core values that the GOP purports to believe in?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7392
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 pm

It is often said that silence speaks volume. The fact that not a single Republican official has condemned the expressions says all you need to know about what the path ahead is. No one in the GOP truly believes the things they themselves spew out:
1. Deficits only matter when they're not in power; otherwise, they're a necessity.
2. Being a pious person is only good to claim that you're holier than thou; in safe districts/states, as long as you have an R next to your name, you're in.
3. Freedom of speech only works for them. Criticizing the president is a freedom only when it's a Democrat. Otherwise, it's treason.
4. It's perfectly OK to claim that your country is going down the tubes when you're not in power; otherwise, it's also treason (why do you root for the failure?!)
5. Socialism is pure evil and must be prevented by all means. Now stop your yabbering and help pass the farm bailouts, FEMA assistance, and SS/Medicare funding.

I'm of the opinion that even if a voice of reason steps forward and takes the mantle of the party, the party itself will be forever known as the machinery that enabled, coalesced, and protected a figure like Trump. It will take years before the GOP is trusted at the national level (and by that, I mean independents who may be willing to cast a vote for them; the GOP base is solid but continues to shrink and the Democratic base will already vote against it regardless). A third party composed of moderates may break the 2-party system and prove that moderates command the greater share of the electorate, but as long as the fears remain that it could act as a spoiler, it won't be good enough.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
BN747
Posts: 6545
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:07 pm

I give this thread 6 posts max...we apparently cannot discuss our political frustrations, unless we pretend everything is 'normal'...which is another universe away.



Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:28 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
It is often said that silence speaks volume. The fact that not a single Republican official has condemned the expressions says all you need to know about what the path ahead is. No one in the GOP truly believes the things they themselves spew out:
1. Deficits only matter when they're not in power; otherwise, they're a necessity.
2. Being a pious person is only good to claim that you're holier than thou; in safe districts/states, as long as you have an R next to your name, you're in.
3. Freedom of speech only works for them. Criticizing the president is a freedom only when it's a Democrat. Otherwise, it's treason.
4. It's perfectly OK to claim that your country is going down the tubes when you're not in power; otherwise, it's also treason (why do you root for the failure?!)
5. Socialism is pure evil and must be prevented by all means. Now stop your yabbering and help pass the farm bailouts, FEMA assistance, and SS/Medicare funding.

I'm of the opinion that even if a voice of reason steps forward and takes the mantle of the party, the party itself will be forever known as the machinery that enabled, coalesced, and protected a figure like Trump. It will take years before the GOP is trusted at the national level (and by that, I mean independents who may be willing to cast a vote for them; the GOP base is solid but continues to shrink and the Democratic base will already vote against it regardless). A third party composed of moderates may break the 2-party system and prove that moderates command the greater share of the electorate, but as long as the fears remain that it could act as a spoiler, it won't be good enough.


A Third party will probably only happen should one of the two main parties lose a grip on winning major elections. This may happen in the next 5-10 years with the GOP based on current demographic trends and the issues surrounding those trends.

The GOP is currently trying hard to move on from the current debacle by asking for "decorum" and civility from all. This is code for " We are losing the PR battle badly" However how can the GOP move on, when this is the path that was set forth to win Trump's initial election?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
dmg626
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:45 pm

GOP is happy to stand behind a winner, maybe not everyone’s first choice when it comes to politically correct speech, but clearly will win over dem line up unless a candidate emerges from the sidelines who will appeal to a wider base
 
User avatar
jdstJD
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:04 pm

BN747 wrote:
I give this thread 6 posts max...we apparently cannot discuss our political frustrations, unless we pretend everything is 'normal'...which is another universe away.




Don't Vote Rapist
BN747


I was wondering what happened to the other thread on trump his tweets on the 4 apparently foreign congresswomen. I was waiting on a response to my post and then poof, it was gone.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9282
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:07 pm

dmg626 wrote:
GOP is happy to stand behind a winner, maybe not everyone’s first choice when it comes to politically correct speech, but clearly will win over dem line up unless a candidate emerges from the sidelines who will appeal to a wider base

That is as weak a stance as I have ever heard from the Republicans. And I would challenge you that you are not speaking of the GOP but rather MAGA's, which are very different from the GOP and Republicans.

No values?
No responsibility?
No ethics?
Just "winning"?

Yeah, that's a MAGA value set right there.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12649
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:11 pm

He is an incumbent who has a good economy. There will be no primary.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9380
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:02 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
He is an incumbent who has a good economy. There will be no primary.


Other than the inflated DJIA, which of the WH claims about ‘best economy in our lifetime’ are true? My grandparents insist the 1960s were the best economy they have lived through.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:54 am

dmg626 wrote:
GOP is happy to stand behind a winner, maybe not everyone’s first choice when it comes to politically correct speech, but clearly will win over dem line up unless a candidate emerges from the sidelines who will appeal to a wider base

Trump ran in 2016 as an outsider.
2020 he will be the insider that has still not fixed healthcare of come up with a plan.
2020 he still has not solved the issue of outsourcing.
2020 he has turned farmers into welfare dependents, and cost consumers more in tariffs than they will ever get back in tax breaks
2020 he might possibly still have a good economy, but that is looking less likely
2020 and Trump will have to answer to the folks that voted for him in Rural areas that still do not have the job growth.
2020 and all Trump will have is a bunch of Executive actions, with no house and possibly no Senate support.

It will be a difficult election cycle for the Republicans, and the GOP is going to have tough choices to make going forward as their candidates will risk being primaried by Trump, but in close races, the primary process may destroy the GOP's chances to win a general election.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14184
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:26 am

The Republican party didn't collapse when Nixon resigned. The Democrats didn't die during the Reagan administration. The Republicans will not abandon Trump. So far the Democrats are in disarray, with too many candidates running and conflicts between the progressive wing and the more pragmatic moderates. You have many that want immigrants 'to go home' but many who don't want the cruelty of what we have seen in some of the detention facilities. Many want affordable health care, but no one want taxes going up to pay for it. Many want to blame anyone but themselves for their problems, instead buying into Trump's of blaming 'Mexicans', China, Non-Whites, the poor, persons of the Muslim faith, 'liberals', pro-abortion women and so on. Republicans want to keep their power, even if Trump is only a figurehead and will forget any of his horrible behaviors and comments. The only real hope is that the Democrats can try to reset the balance of power, delete Trump but to do so they need a candidate that will get enough White voters.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:46 am

ltbewr wrote:
The Republican party didn't collapse when Nixon resigned. The Democrats didn't die during the Reagan administration. The Republicans will not abandon Trump. So far the Democrats are in disarray, with too many candidates running and conflicts between the progressive wing and the more pragmatic moderates. You have many that want immigrants 'to go home' but many who don't want the cruelty of what we have seen in some of the detention facilities. Many want affordable health care, but no one want taxes going up to pay for it. Many want to blame anyone but themselves for their problems, instead buying into Trump's of blaming 'Mexicans', China, Non-Whites, the poor, persons of the Muslim faith, 'liberals', pro-abortion women and so on. Republicans want to keep their power, even if Trump is only a figurehead and will forget any of his horrible behaviors and comments. The only real hope is that the Democrats can try to reset the balance of power, delete Trump but to do so they need a candidate that will get enough White voters.


The democrats need a winning ticket. Trump has done enough to destroy himself with anyone outside of his core base. Old white non college educate men are dying, and women, minorities , and younger voters are replacing the older generation in ever increasing numbers. The bade that propelled Trump to victory, may not even have the numbers possible to win in 2020. The GOP risks losing a whole generation the longer they stand behind Trump.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7392
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:55 am

NIKV69 wrote:
He is an incumbent who has a good economy. There will be no primary.

If that is the case, why didn't Americans vote to elect a Democrat in 2016? After all, Obama was also an incumbent who had a good economy. It only made sense that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
afcjets
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:55 am

casinterest wrote:
There seems to be many challengers to Trump and his approval that are a major threat to the GOP down ballot in the coming 2020 elections. The time to act is now. Will the GOP stand by and allow Trump and his various distractions to alienate future voters


What are you talking about? Trump elevated the status of four radical Democratic Congresswomen who are members of the Democratic Socialists of America and has made them the face of the Democratic party, no other Republican could achieve that. Nothing will alienate voters from the Democratic party more than that. It's funny how the media and DNC fall for it every time.
 
TARTRESED
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:21 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:07 am

Neither party will ever contest the incumbent in a national race. Trump will receive the nomination. Sad, but true.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5902
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:21 am

casinterest wrote:
In the news today
1. Mark Sanford(Appalachian trail hiker/unfaithful husband) is mulling a Run against Trump due to his concerns about the lack of fiscal responsibility within the Administration


I find that statement hilarious. If you are wondering why just look up the last republican president to send a balanced budget to congress.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5902
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:23 am

afcjets wrote:

What are you talking about? Trump elevated the status of four radical Democratic Congresswomen who are members of the Democratic Socialists of America and has made them the face of the Democratic party, no other Republican could achieve that. Nothing will alienate voters from the Democratic party more than that. It's funny how the media and DNC fall for it every time.


Funny how Americans fret over "socialism". While at the same time fretting over the solvency of social security, filling out their medicare paperwork or when the economy goes south their unemployment benefits.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17417
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:01 am

BN747 wrote:
I give this thread 6 posts max...we apparently cannot discuss our political frustrations, unless we pretend everything is 'normal'...which is another universe away.



Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

Isn't racism normal for republicans?. They're finally living their true selves, dropping the dog whistle for the megaphone. Racism is what attracted them to Trump, and his approval rating among republicans went up after his racist tirade.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10644
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:54 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
I give this thread 6 posts max...we apparently cannot discuss our political frustrations, unless we pretend everything is 'normal'...which is another universe away.



Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

Isn't racism normal for republicans?. They're finally living their true selves, dropping the dog whistle for the megaphone. Racism is what attracted them to Trump, and his approval rating among republicans went up after his racist tirade.


Well, after all that is one thing he is almost the best (tied for 1st place) at:

The Hill wrote:
Presidential historian Jon Meacham said Monday that President Trump's latest attacks against a group of minority congresswomen placed him alongside former President Andrew Johnson as the "most racist president in American history."


https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ost-racist

But he still has plenty of time to overtake Andrew Johnson.......

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
bgm
Posts: 2107
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:58 am

jdstJD wrote:
I was wondering what happened to the other thread on trump his tweets on the 4 apparently foreign congresswomen. I was waiting on a response to my post and then poof, it was gone.


I posted a thread about this a few days ago but it got deleted once again, without any explanation - thanks mods! :sarcastic:

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:
There seems to be many challengers to Trump and his approval that are a major threat to the GOP down ballot in the coming 2020 elections. The time to act is now. Will the GOP stand by and allow Trump and his various distractions to alienate future voters


What are you talking about? Trump elevated the status of four radical Democratic Congresswomen who are members of the Democratic Socialists of America and has made them the face of the Democratic party, no other Republican could achieve that. Nothing will alienate voters from the Democratic party more than that. It's funny how the media and DNC fall for it every time.


Trump 'elevated' them? Nice mental gymnastics there.

He flat out told them to go back to the country they came from (even though all 4 are US citizens, 3/4 were born in the US, and 1 being born a mere 12 miles from Trump himself). He didn't say that to any white male. He has a proven track record of being a horrible racist, and as he gets older and more senile, it will only get worse (just like the racist old uncle that everyone ignores at Thanksgiving). Except he's the President.

The fact that you tolerate this speaks volumes, as does the GOP's radio silence over the matter. Party before country. Absolutely disgusting.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
afcjets
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:02 am

I do not belong to a political party and have voted for as many Democrats as Republicans and Trump was a Democrat not too long ago. The fact that you tolerate Omar's anti semitism and her respect for Al Queada and Pressley's actual racist statement ("no more black faces that don't want to be a black voice") speaks volumes. Identity politics over everything. Absolutely disgusting. And this is what Trump is great at, he gets Democrats like you to make this your #1 platform.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10644
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:11 am

afcjets wrote:
Omar's anti semitism and her respect for Al Queada


what exactly did she say that is anti-semitic and respects Al Queda?

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
bgm
Posts: 2107
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:24 am

afcjets wrote:
I do not belong to a political party and have voted for as many Democrats as Republicans and Trump was a Democrat not too long ago. The fact that you tolerate Omar's anti semitism and her respect for Al Queada and Pressley's actual racist statement ("no more black faces that don't want to be a black voice") speaks volumes. Identity politics over everything. Absolutely disgusting. And this is what Trump is great at, he gets Democrats like you to make this your #1 platform.


The #1 platform is getting the vile piece of repugnant filth out of the White House next year.

Tell me, how is telling 4 non-white women to 'go back to the country you came from' not racist? Pray tell, which country do you suggest they go back to, considering 3/4 were born in the US. He never said that to Bernie Sanders, who shares similar political views as the four women. Of course, he's an old white man, so.... :sarcastic:

Here's a thought: perhaps identity politics wouldn't be such a thing if we didn't have a bigoted, racist, xenophobic President who constantly attacks people on Twitter spewing the vile filth that he does.

The only things Trump is good at are:

- dividing people
- making them angry
- emboldening right wing extremism

He's a piss-poor President who hasn't done shit for the country. Look at the dysfunctional chaos around you as evidence, if you choose to open your eyes that is.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:06 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
He is an incumbent who has a good economy. There will be no primary.

If that is the case, why didn't Americans vote to elect a Democrat in 2016? After all, Obama was also an incumbent who had a good economy. It only made sense that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".


One name: Hillary
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:12 pm

bgm wrote:
afcjets wrote:
I do not belong to a political party and have voted for as many Democrats as Republicans and Trump was a Democrat not too long ago. The fact that you tolerate Omar's anti semitism and her respect for Al Queada and Pressley's actual racist statement ("no more black faces that don't want to be a black voice") speaks volumes. Identity politics over everything. Absolutely disgusting. And this is what Trump is great at, he gets Democrats like you to make this your #1 platform.


The #1 platform is getting the vile piece of repugnant filth out of the White House next year.

Tell me, how is telling 4 non-white women to 'go back to the country you came from' not racist? Pray tell, which country do you suggest they go back to, considering 3/4 were born in the US. He never said that to Bernie Sanders, who shares similar political views as the four women. Of course, he's an old white man, so.... :sarcastic:

Here's a thought: perhaps identity politics wouldn't be such a thing if we didn't have a bigoted, racist, xenophobic President who constantly attacks people on Twitter spewing the vile filth that he does.

The only things Trump is good at are:

- dividing people
- making them angry
- emboldening right wing extremism

He's a piss-poor President who hasn't done shit for the country. Look at the dysfunctional chaos around you as evidence, if you choose to open your eyes that is.


Em...if people don’t like it here, they can go back to where they came from, regardless how long they’ve been here family wise. That’s not racist. These four are constantly complaining about America. Hell, they were calling Pelosi a racist a couple of weeks ago. This is nothing but more drama on the left because they have nothing else to do. If America sucks so bad they can go to whichever country they would like to espouse as being “great”, see what it’s really like, then come back here and shut their pie holes. All these four have done since getting elected is complain. They are overplaying their hand on this and it will blow up in their face.


tommy1808 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Omar's anti semitism and her respect for Al Queada


what exactly did she say that is anti-semitic and respects Al Queda?

best regards
Thomas



https://nypost.com/2018/11/11/heres-the ... o-mention/

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbauma ... d-n2550161

No. He won’t get primaried.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
afcjets
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:53 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Omar's anti semitism and her respect for Al Queada


what exactly did she say that is anti-semitic and respects Al Queda?

best regards
Thomas


Watch this disgusting video of her during an interview where she laughs that her professor would never use the same tone when they say America or Britian they way they would say Al Qeuada.

https://youtu.be/tkIgHFXvGSw
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10644
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:06 pm

DL717 wrote:
https://nypost.com/2018/11/11/heres-the-anti-semitism-the-media-doesnt-want-to-mention/


the NY Post itself writes that what she said isn´t anti-semitec, Full Stop, end of story. The rest is conjecture on their part.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/07/16/watch-omar-has-the-audacity-to-talk-about-the-racist-tropes-shes-endured-n2550161


well, seems the hatemachine is lying about what she said again... https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -11-claims

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/07/trump ... lhan-omar/
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/rep-i ... n-context/

afcjets wrote:
Watch this disgusting video of her during an interview where she laughs that her professor would never use the same tone when they say America or Britian they way they would say Al Qeuada.

https://youtu.be/tkIgHFXvGSw


If you only get an excerpt of a video, you can be reasonably sure you are being manipulated.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/rep-i ... n-context/

How do you recognize a racist? The post links to garbage without taking, literally, five seconds to back check them.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:21 pm

Adding a few links from the post opener for some reference as requested by some.

1. Mark Sanford's mulling a run
https://www.dispatch.com/news/20190717/ ... -primaries

"“There’s plenty of discussion on that front,” Sanford said Tuesday on CNN. “The place where there’s no discussion is the way in which interest is the largest growing expense in the federal government. We will spend more on interest than we do on our national defense bill in just three years. Nobody’s talking about it.”"

2. E. Jean Caroll Exploring Lawsuit

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/ ... trump.html

"p: “The Donna Karan coatdress still hangs on the back of my closet door, unworn and unlaundered since that evening.”

“If she still has the dress, then there’s a possibility that it has biological material on it,” Canaff told Mother Jones. “It can be examined and tested for that. DNA does degrade, but, you know, is it under plastic? It just totally depends on how she’s kept this dress and where it’s been. But testing is a lot more sophisticated now than it was even 20 years ago.”"


3, Conway Ethnicity question:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/and ... 08976.html

"#KellyanneConway to a reporter:
“What’s your ethnicity?”"
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:35 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
If you only get an excerpt of a video, you can be reasonably sure you are being manipulated.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/rep-i ... n-context/

How do you recognize a racist? The post links to garbage without taking, literally, five seconds to back check them.


Before you go around calling others racist, perhaps you should do your own fact checking.
The link you sent is not even talking about the three minute video I linked which gives the full context of what she said during an interview. Your link talks about a speech she gave.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:39 pm

casinterest wrote:

A Third party will probably only happen should one of the two main parties lose a grip on winning major elections. This may happen in the next 5-10 years with the GOP based on current demographic trends and the issues surrounding those trends.



I don't see the GOP splitting based on current polling. Per Gallup, President Trump has 90% approval among republicans. That's pretty damn unified.

The Hill/Ipsos puts it at 83%. But their sample was more Democratic than I believe the actual voter base is. Their release doesn't say if they adjust for that or not. Based on my interpretation they didn't. https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/fil ... 0_2019.pdf

The Hill/Ipsos poll document is pretty interesting though, gives some more color on what people are thinking.
 
jpetekyxmd80
Posts: 4304
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:16 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:49 pm

DL717 wrote:

Em...if people don’t like it here, they can go back to where they came from, regardless how long they’ve been here family wise. That’s not racist. These four are constantly complaining about America. Hell, they were calling Pelosi a racist a couple of weeks ago. This is nothing but more drama on the left because they have nothing else to do. If America sucks so bad they can go to whichever country they would like to espouse as being “great”, see what it’s really like, then come back here and shut their pie holes. All these four have done since getting elected is complain. They are overplaying their hand on this and it will blow up in their face.



Yeah! They next think you know they'll be campaigning on the premise that America isn't great anymore.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:12 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

A Third party will probably only happen should one of the two main parties lose a grip on winning major elections. This may happen in the next 5-10 years with the GOP based on current demographic trends and the issues surrounding those trends.



I don't see the GOP splitting based on current polling. Per Gallup, President Trump has 90% approval among republicans. That's pretty damn unified.

The Hill/Ipsos puts it at 83%. But their sample was more Democratic than I believe the actual voter base is. Their release doesn't say if they adjust for that or not. Based on my interpretation they didn't. https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/fil ... 0_2019.pdf

The Hill/Ipsos poll document is pretty interesting though, gives some more color on what people are thinking.



Those are interesting numbers, but here is an interesting poll from USA today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 748737001/

"More than two-thirds of those aware of the controversy, 68%, called Trump's tweets offensive. Among Republicans alone, however, 57% said they agreed with tweets that told the congresswomen to go back to their "original" countries, and a third "strongly" agreed with them. All four lawmakers are American citizens; three were born in the United States."


Trump and the GOP are working off false information. The fact that they could only get to 57% out of the 90% approval you have above shows a large margin of republicans with a few more scruples that may be aware and uncomfortable with this divisive campaign strategy of Trump.

How many of these "fine people" will want their coworkers questioning images of them up next to a man that shows loyalty to no one, and treats opponents like trash? How many want to go to a rally after a President has been censured for racism and have their kids question that?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9380
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:27 pm

afcjets wrote:
I do not belong to a political party and have voted for as many Democrats as Republicans and Trump was a Democrat not too long ago. The fact that you tolerate Omar's anti semitism and her respect for Al Queada and Pressley's actual racist statement ("no more black faces that don't want to be a black voice") speaks volumes. Identity politics over everything. Absolutely disgusting. And this is what Trump is great at, he gets Democrats like you to make this your #1 platform.


Half my relatives are Jewish and nobody took issue with any of her comments.

You honestly cannot support this laughable Trump family if you are a mature adult. One of the sons is out there this morning claiming ‘95 percent’ of Americans are behind his father. If so why is the average of approval polls below 45% in this ‘great’ economy..?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Just as a side note, it has been posted elsewhere, but for any of you in a job, you could be sued or fired for tweeting what Trump does.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/dona ... oyment-law

From the EEOC website
"“Examples of potentially unlawful conduct include insults, taunting, or ethnic epithets, such as making fun of a person’s foreign accent or comments like, “Go back to where you came from.”"
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
bgm
Posts: 2107
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:02 pm

DL717 wrote:
Em...if people don’t like it here, they can go back to where they came from, regardless how long they’ve been here family wise. That’s not racist. These four are constantly complaining about America. Hell, they were calling Pelosi a racist a couple of weeks ago. This is nothing but more drama on the left because they have nothing else to do. If America sucks so bad they can go to whichever country they would like to espouse as being “great”, see what it’s really like, then come back here and shut their pie holes. All these four have done since getting elected is complain. They are overplaying their hand on this and it will blow up in their face.


Erm, if people don't like it here, they can try and change things, which is exactly that those 4 ladies are trying to do.

Yes, it is racist. Telling them to 'go back' implies they came from somewhere. Considering 3/4 were born in the US, where do you propose sending them 'back' to? Ask yourself this: why was no white person ever told to 'go back to where you came from'?

It's blatantly racist. You just refuse to see it because you don't want to see it. It doesn't fit with your agenda.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:25 pm

A little over a year ago the MSM and many posters here were aggressively promoting the false narrative that Judge Kavanaugh was a roofie dropping gang rapist in order to get Trump. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.

The same cabal invested heavily in the Mueller Report and falsely claimed to have evidence that Trump was a traitorous Russian spy. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.

What the MSM and many here don’t understand is that Trump supporters stopped paying attention to your news cycles and propaganda a long time ago. They simply don’t care what you say or think and will judge for themselves the meaning of any given situation.

In this case, I suspect that most Trump supporters cringed when they read Trump’s tweet. They felt it was unnecessary and disrespectful, but racist? No. Then when the left (and many here) jumped the shark and seized on this to try to “get Trump” by calling him racist something changed. Many recognized the pattern and remembered the last three years of harassment, lies, and disrespect from the MSM and the left and they decided that it was worth it to see the lying left lose their minds over it.

Mike Drop
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:49 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
A little over a year ago the MSM and many posters here were aggressively promoting the false narrative that Judge Kavanaugh was a roofie dropping gang rapist in order to get Trump. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.

The same cabal invested heavily in the Mueller Report and falsely claimed to have evidence that Trump was a traitorous Russian spy. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.

What the MSM and many here don’t understand is that Trump supporters stopped paying attention to your news cycles and propaganda a long time ago. They simply don’t care what you say or think and will judge for themselves the meaning of any given situation.

In this case, I suspect that most Trump supporters cringed when they read Trump’s tweet. They felt it was unnecessary and disrespectful, but racist? No. Then when the left (and many here) jumped the shark and seized on this to try to “get Trump” by calling him racist something changed. Many recognized the pattern and remembered the last three years of harassment, lies, and disrespect from the MSM and the left and they decided that it was worth it to see the lying left lose their minds over it.

Mike Drop


Let me point you to the EEOC website and invite you to go tell one of your coworkers what Trump tweeted .

Then let me know how you think about whether it was racist or not.

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/race_color.cfm

Just because you "don't care" doesn't excuse the behavior.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:55 pm

casinterest wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
A little over a year ago the MSM and many posters here were aggressively promoting the false narrative that Judge Kavanaugh was a roofie dropping gang rapist in order to get Trump. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.

The same cabal invested heavily in the Mueller Report and falsely claimed to have evidence that Trump was a traitorous Russian spy. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.

What the MSM and many here don’t understand is that Trump supporters stopped paying attention to your news cycles and propaganda a long time ago. They simply don’t care what you say or think and will judge for themselves the meaning of any given situation.

In this case, I suspect that most Trump supporters cringed when they read Trump’s tweet. They felt it was unnecessary and disrespectful, but racist? No. Then when the left (and many here) jumped the shark and seized on this to try to “get Trump” by calling him racist something changed. Many recognized the pattern and remembered the last three years of harassment, lies, and disrespect from the MSM and the left and they decided that it was worth it to see the lying left lose their minds over it.

Mike Drop


Let me point you to the EEOC website and invite you to go tell one of your coworkers what Trump tweeted .

Then let me know how you think about whether it was racist or not.

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/race_color.cfm

Just because you "don't care" doesn't excuse the behavior.

What kind of idiot talks politics at work? Only a fool would do that. I’m glad I don’t work in your office.

Mike Drop
 
bgm
Posts: 2107
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:01 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
A little over a year ago the MSM and many posters here were aggressively promoting the false narrative that Judge Kavanaugh was a roofie dropping gang rapist in order to get Trump. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.


How do you know it was a lie? There is no concrete evidence either way.

MikeDrop wrote:
The same cabal invested heavily in the Mueller Report and falsely claimed to have evidence that Trump was a traitorous Russian spy. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.


Did you even read the Mueller report? It most definitely does not exonerate Trump, despite his Twitter rants. Only his taxes will reveal his true debts to the Russian mafia.

MikeDrop wrote:
What the MSM and many here don’t understand is that Trump supporters stopped paying attention to your news cycles and propaganda a long time ago. They simply don’t care what you say or think and will judge for themselves the meaning of any given situation.


It is inherently dangerous given that when factual evidence is presented, Trump supporters just ignore it because it doesn't fit their narrative. Any criticism is just casually dismissed without actually fact checking it.

MikeDrop wrote:
In this case, I suspect that most Trump supporters cringed when they read Trump’s tweet. They felt it was unnecessary and disrespectful, but racist? No. Then when the left (and many here) jumped the shark and seized on this to try to “get Trump” by calling him racist something changed. Many recognized the pattern and remembered the last three years of harassment, lies, and disrespect from the MSM and the left and they decided that it was worth it to see the lying left lose their minds over it.


This may come as a surprise but respect has to be earned. What has Trump done to earn anyone's respect? If you want to talk about harassment, lies, and disrespect just look at the orange turd's Twitter feed. It's full of poorly-written, badly spelled personal insults against anyone who doesn't show him complete brown-nosing adoration.

People are angry (not just the left) that Trump is trashing the Presidency and destroying the US by sowing discord and regression back to an era that was never that great. He is destroying the institutions that those before him have worked so hard to build.

Maybe some people are losing their minds. Why? Because they LOVE their country and are in complete despair at the daily chaos and destruction.

I suggest you read this to give you a better understanding as to why so many of us are so angry at Trump:

A.) He lies. A LOT. Politifact rates 69% of the words he speaks as “Mostly False or worse” Only 17% of the things he says get a “Mostly True” or better rating. That is an absolutely unbelievable number. How he doesn’t speak more truth by mistake is beyond me. To put it in context, Obama’s rating was 26% mostly false or worse, and I had a problem with that. Many of Trump’s former business associates report that he has always been a compulsive liar, but now he’s the President of the United States, and that’s a problem. And this is a man who expects you to believe him when he points at other people and says “They’re lying.”

B.) He’s an authoritarian populist, not a conservative. He advances regressive social policy while proposing to expand federal spending and federalist authority over states, both of which conservatives are supposed to hate.

C.) He pretends at Christianity to court the Religious Right but fails to live anything resembling a Christ-Like Life.

D.) His nationalist “America First” message effectively alienates us and removes us from our place as leaders in the international community.

E.) His ideas on “Keeping us safe” are all thinly veiled ideas to remove our freedoms, he is, after all, an authoritarian first. They also are simply bad ideas.

F.) He couldn’t pass a 3rd-grade civics exam. He doesn't’ know what he’s doing. He doesn't understand how international relations work, he doesn’t understand how federal state or local governments work, and every time someone tries to “Run it like a business” it’s a spectacular failure. See Colorado Springs’ recent history as an example. The Short, Unhappy Life of a Libertarian Paradise And that was a businessman with a MUCH better business track record than Trump. We are talking about a man who lost money owning a freaking gambling casino.

G.) He behaves unethically and always has. As a businessman, he constantly left in his wake unpaid contractors and invoices, litigation, broken promises, whatever he could get away with.

H.) He is damaging our relationships with our best international friends while kissing up to nations that do not have our best interests in mind. To his question “Wouldn't it be great to have better relations with Russia?” The answer is Yes. But it is RUSSIA who needs to earn that, who must stop doing the things that are damaging to that relationship, or we are simply weaker for it.

I.) He has never seen a shortcut he didn't like, and you can’t take shortcuts in government. “Nuclear Option, Remove the Filibuster, I’ll change the Constitution by Executive Order…Don…what happens when you remove the filibuster and the other side retakes the majority in the Senate? Suddenly want that filibuster back? What happens if you manage to change the Constitution by Executive Order and an Anti-2A President wins the next election?

J.) He behaves and has always behaved as an unabashed racist. Yes, I’ve seen your favorite meme that claims he was never accused of racism before the Democrats…Absolutely false. Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2019 See the Central Park 5, the lawsuits and fines resulting from his refusal to lease to black tenants, the 1992 lost appeal trying to overturn penalties for removing black dealers from tables, his remarks to the house native American affairs subcommittee in 1993. The man sees and treats racial groups of people as monoliths.

K.) He is systematically steamrolling regulations specifically designed to keep a disaster like the 2007 subprime mortgage crisis from happening again.

L.) He speaks and acts like a demagogue. He sees the Legislative and Judicial branches of government as inconveniences, blows up at criticism no matter how deserved and actively tries to countermand constitutional processes, not to mention attempts to blackmail and coerce people who are saying negative things about him

M.) His choices for top positions, with the exception of Gen. Mattis, who is a gem, have been horrendous. A secretary of Education without a resume that would get her hired as a small town grammar school principal, A secretary of Energy who didn't know the Department of Energy was responsible for nuclear reserves, an EPA head whose biggest accomplishments to date had been suing the EPA on multiple occasions, an FCC head who while working for Verizon actively lobbied to kill net neutrality, and an Attorney General who thinks pot is “nearly as bad as heroin” and asked Congress for permission to go after legal pot businesses in states where it is legal. (There goes that great Republican States rights rally cry again, right? *Crickets*) An Interim AG after Firing his First AG who’s appointment is probably unconstitutional.

N.) He denies scientific fact. Ever notice that the only people you hear denying climate change are politicians and lobbyists? 99% of actual scientists studying the issue agree that it’s real, man-made and caused by greenhouse gasses. Ever notice that every big disaster movie starts with a bunch of politicians in a room ignoring a scientist's warning?

O.) He does not have the temperament to lead this nation. He is Thin Skinned, childish, and a bully, never mind misogynistic, boorish, rude, and incapable of civil discourse.

P.) He still does not understand that the words he speaks, or tweets, are the official position of 1/3 of the US government, and so does not govern his words. He still thinks when he speaks it’s good ol’ Donald Trump. It’s not. It’s the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. You have probably spread a meme or two around talking about how no president’s every word has ever been dissected before…YES, THEY ALWAYS HAVE. It’s just that every other president in our lifetime has understood the importance of his words and took great care to govern his speech. Trump blurts out whatever comes to his mind then complains when people talk about what a dumb thing that was to say.

Q.) He’s unqualified. If you owned a small business and were looking for someone to manage it, and an unnamed resume came across your desk and you saw 6 bankruptcies, showing a man who had failed to make money running CASINOS, would you hire him? He is a very poor businessman. This is a man who it has been estimated would have been worth $10 BILLION more if he’d just taken what his father had given him, invested it in Index Funds and left it alone.

R.) He is President. But he refuses to take a leadership position and understand that he is everyone’s President. Conservatives complain about liberals chanting “Not my President”, while Trump himself behaves as if no one but his supporters matter.

S.) He’s a blatant hypocrite. He spent 8 years bitching Obama out for his family trips, or golfing, or any time he took for himself, and what does he do? He was already on his 20th golf outing in APRIL of his 1st year in office. He constantly rants about respect for the military, yet can’t be bothered to attend the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day because of a little rain. (And that excuse about Marine One not being able to fly in the rain is HILARIOUS.)

T.) He’s a misogynist. It's not really ok in this day and age to be a misogynist, but it’s not a huge deal if you’re a private citizen. It’s a pretty big deal if you hate half the people you’re elected to lead. The disdain for women seeps out of his …whatever…. and he just can’t hide it.

U.) Face it. In any other election “Grab Em’ By the Pussy” would have been the end of that candidate’s chances. Back in the 90’s I used to marvel about how Teflon Bill Clinton was. I no longer do. The fact that he managed to slip by on that is as much a statement about how much people hate Hillary Clinton as it is about what is wrong with politics in this country right now.

V.) He has one response to a differing opinion. Attack. A good leader listens to criticism, to different points of view, is capable of self-reflection, tries to guide people to his point of view, and when necessary stands his ground and defends his convictions. Any of that sound like Trump? His default is not to Lead, it’s to attack. Scorched Earth. The Jim Acosta reaction is a good example. There was no defense of his convictions when Acosta was asking him repeated questions about his rhetoric on the caravan. His response was to attack Acosta.

W.) He takes credit for everything positive while deflecting blame for everything negative. Look at him with the Stock Market. He’s been bragging about it since day one, and to give credit where credit is due, speculation on coming deregulation early in his presidency did fuel some rapid growth, but to pretend that it’s all him, that we’re not in the 9th year of the longest bull market in history and THEN, when the standard market volatility that deregulation inevitably brings about starts to show up? Yeah. Look at yesterday. Hey! Stock Markets losing because the Democrats won! Do I need to bring out the Stock market chart for the last 10 Years again?

X.) He emboldens the worst among us. Counter-protesters are slammed into by a car while countering actual Nazi rally, and the response is there’s fault on “Both Sides.” The media is at fault for a nut job sending them and Donald’s favorite targets pipe bombs. The truth is not all Republicans, not all Trump Supporters are racist, fascist lunatics. Many are just taken in by the bombastic personality and are living in an information bubble made worse by the fact that they unfollow anyone and ignore any source of information that makes them feel uncomfortable. People on the left do that too. The Biggest problem the right has right now is that the worst of the Right is the loudest and the most in your face, and the actual right, especially the Freaking PRESIDENT needs to be standing up and saying No. Those are not our values.

Y.) He seems to think the Constitution of The United States, the document that IS who we are, the document he took an oath to support and defend is some sort of inconvenience. He demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of Constitution, from believing he can alter the 14th through executive order, to thinking The free exercise clause in the first amendment somehow supersedes the establishment clause (not that he really understands either) or that the free exercise clause only applies to Christians. Or his attacks on freedom of expression and the press. He repeatedly makes it clear that if he’s read them, he does not understand Articles 1–3, and that’s something he really should have before he took the job, because they’re not going away.

Z.) I’ll use Z for something I do blame him for, but the rest of us have to carry the blame too. Polarization. This country is more politically polarized than I can remember in my lifetime. Some of you who are a few years older than I may remember how it was in the late 60’s when construction workers in New York were being applauded for beating up hippies, I think it’s pretty close to that right now, but that was before my time. And he is the cause of much of the current level polarization, but also the result. It didn't’ start with Trump. We’ve been going down this road I think since the eruption of the Tea Party in the early years of the Obama Administration. I do hope the tide turns before it gets much worse because the thing that scares me more than anything is what if that keeps going the way it has been?


https://www.quora.com/Why-are-people-so ... -OLeary-19
Last edited by bgm on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:03 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
casinterest wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
A little over a year ago the MSM and many posters here were aggressively promoting the false narrative that Judge Kavanaugh was a roofie dropping gang rapist in order to get Trump. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.

The same cabal invested heavily in the Mueller Report and falsely claimed to have evidence that Trump was a traitorous Russian spy. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.

What the MSM and many here don’t understand is that Trump supporters stopped paying attention to your news cycles and propaganda a long time ago. They simply don’t care what you say or think and will judge for themselves the meaning of any given situation.

In this case, I suspect that most Trump supporters cringed when they read Trump’s tweet. They felt it was unnecessary and disrespectful, but racist? No. Then when the left (and many here) jumped the shark and seized on this to try to “get Trump” by calling him racist something changed. Many recognized the pattern and remembered the last three years of harassment, lies, and disrespect from the MSM and the left and they decided that it was worth it to see the lying left lose their minds over it.

Mike Drop


Let me point you to the EEOC website and invite you to go tell one of your coworkers what Trump tweeted .

Then let me know how you think about whether it was racist or not.

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/race_color.cfm

Just because you "don't care" doesn't excuse the behavior.

What kind of idiot talks politics at work? Only a fool would do that. I’m glad I don’t work in your office.

Mike Drop


Didn't mention discussing politics in the office, but you probably "don't care" as you think it is fine for a President to viciously attack American Citizens using race as a cover.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:05 pm

Trump supporters care less about feelings and more about what is actually going on around us. They can disagree with his words, his mannerisms, how he behaves publicly. None of that matters. What matters are results. As long as the economy keeps humming he gets re-elected.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:07 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Trump supporters care less about feelings and more about what is actually going on around us. They can disagree with his words, his mannerisms, how he behaves publicly. None of that matters. What matters are results. As long as the economy keeps humming he gets re-elected.


So what was wrong with Obama exactly? The economy was humming along, but that didn't stop the GOP from being racists and liars then?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
windy95
Posts: 2746
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:22 pm

No way will the GOP get in the way of all the winning and all of the campaign donations. #MAGA2020 #KAG2020

The left will find out that all the fake outrage about race and racism will backfire on them.
MAGA2020 KAG2020
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 6529
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Outside, looking in.

Reading from his resolution, Mr Green said Mr Trump had "brought the high office of the President of the United States into contempt, ridicule, disgrace and disrepute".
That is probably how many people outside the US will remember him. My :twocents:
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
bgm
Posts: 2107
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:37 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Trump supporters care less about feelings and more about what is actually going on around us. They can disagree with his words, his mannerisms, how he behaves publicly. None of that matters. What matters are results. As long as the economy keeps humming he gets re-elected.


And what results are those exactly? I mean, how exactly have Trump supporters' lives improve by his direct actions? Obama improved the economy yet that didn't stop the right wingers bitching constantly. Hmmm...

windy95 wrote:
No way will the GOP get in the way of all the winning and all of the campaign donations. #MAGA2020 #KAG2020

The left will find out that all the fake outrage about race and racism will backfire on them.


Oh, how naive you are. The outrage is most definitely not fake. It's very, very real.

readytotaxi wrote:
Outside, looking in.

Reading from his resolution, Mr Green said Mr Trump had "brought the high office of the President of the United States into contempt, ridicule, disgrace and disrepute".
That is probably how many people outside the US will remember him. My :twocents:


Trust me, a sizable majority inside the US feel exactly the same way.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:40 pm

bgm wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
A little over a year ago the MSM and many posters here were aggressively promoting the false narrative that Judge Kavanaugh was a roofie dropping gang rapist in order to get Trump. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.


How do you know it was a lie? There is no concrete evidence either way.

MikeDrop wrote:
The same cabal invested heavily in the Mueller Report and falsely claimed to have evidence that Trump was a traitorous Russian spy. It didn’t work. Because it was based on a lie.


Did you even read the Mueller report? It most definitely does not exonerate Trump, despite his Twitter rants. Only his taxes will reveal his true debts to the Russian mafia.

MikeDrop wrote:
What the MSM and many here don’t understand is that Trump supporters stopped paying attention to your news cycles and propaganda a long time ago. They simply don’t care what you say or think and will judge for themselves the meaning of any given situation.


It is inherently dangerous given that when factual evidence is presented, Trump supporters just ignore it because it doesn't fit their narrative. Any criticism is just casually dismissed without actually fact checking it.

MikeDrop wrote:
In this case, I suspect that most Trump supporters cringed when they read Trump’s tweet. They felt it was unnecessary and disrespectful, but racist? No. Then when the left (and many here) jumped the shark and seized on this to try to “get Trump” by calling him racist something changed. Many recognized the pattern and remembered the last three years of harassment, lies, and disrespect from the MSM and the left and they decided that it was worth it to see the lying left lose their minds over it.


This may come as a surprise but respect has to be earned. What has Trump done to earn anyone's respect? If you want to talk about harassment, lies, and disrespect just look at the orange turd's Twitter feed. It's full of poorly-written, badly spelled personal insults against anyone who doesn't show him complete brown-nosing adoration.

People are angry (not just the left) that Trump is trashing the Presidency and destroying the US by sowing discord and regression back to an era that was never that great. He is destroying the institutions that those before him have worked so hard to build.

Maybe some people are losing their minds. Why? Because they LOVE their country and are in complete despair at the daily chaos and destruction.

I suggest you read this to give you a better understanding as to why so many of us are so angry at Trump:

A.) He lies. A LOT. Politifact rates 69% of the words he speaks as “Mostly False or worse” Only 17% of the things he says get a “Mostly True” or better rating. That is an absolutely unbelievable number. How he doesn’t speak more truth by mistake is beyond me. To put it in context, Obama’s rating was 26% mostly false or worse, and I had a problem with that. Many of Trump’s former business associates report that he has always been a compulsive liar, but now he’s the President of the United States, and that’s a problem. And this is a man who expects you to believe him when he points at other people and says “They’re lying.”

B.) He’s an authoritarian populist, not a conservative. He advances regressive social policy while proposing to expand federal spending and federalist authority over states, both of which conservatives are supposed to hate.

C.) He pretends at Christianity to court the Religious Right but fails to live anything resembling a Christ-Like Life.

D.) His nationalist “America First” message effectively alienates us and removes us from our place as leaders in the international community.

E.) His ideas on “Keeping us safe” are all thinly veiled ideas to remove our freedoms, he is, after all, an authoritarian first. They also are simply bad ideas.

F.) He couldn’t pass a 3rd-grade civics exam. He doesn't’ know what he’s doing. He doesn't understand how international relations work, he doesn’t understand how federal state or local governments work, and every time someone tries to “Run it like a business” it’s a spectacular failure. See Colorado Springs’ recent history as an example. The Short, Unhappy Life of a Libertarian Paradise And that was a businessman with a MUCH better business track record than Trump. We are talking about a man who lost money owning a freaking gambling casino.

G.) He behaves unethically and always has. As a businessman, he constantly left in his wake unpaid contractors and invoices, litigation, broken promises, whatever he could get away with.

H.) He is damaging our relationships with our best international friends while kissing up to nations that do not have our best interests in mind. To his question “Wouldn't it be great to have better relations with Russia?” The answer is Yes. But it is RUSSIA who needs to earn that, who must stop doing the things that are damaging to that relationship, or we are simply weaker for it.

I.) He has never seen a shortcut he didn't like, and you can’t take shortcuts in government. “Nuclear Option, Remove the Filibuster, I’ll change the Constitution by Executive Order…Don…what happens when you remove the filibuster and the other side retakes the majority in the Senate? Suddenly want that filibuster back? What happens if you manage to change the Constitution by Executive Order and an Anti-2A President wins the next election?

J.) He behaves and has always behaved as an unabashed racist. Yes, I’ve seen your favorite meme that claims he was never accused of racism before the Democrats…Absolutely false. Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2019 See the Central Park 5, the lawsuits and fines resulting from his refusal to lease to black tenants, the 1992 lost appeal trying to overturn penalties for removing black dealers from tables, his remarks to the house native American affairs subcommittee in 1993. The man sees and treats racial groups of people as monoliths.

K.) He is systematically steamrolling regulations specifically designed to keep a disaster like the 2007 subprime mortgage crisis from happening again.

L.) He speaks and acts like a demagogue. He sees the Legislative and Judicial branches of government as inconveniences, blows up at criticism no matter how deserved and actively tries to countermand constitutional processes, not to mention attempts to blackmail and coerce people who are saying negative things about him

M.) His choices for top positions, with the exception of Gen. Mattis, who is a gem, have been horrendous. A secretary of Education without a resume that would get her hired as a small town grammar school principal, A secretary of Energy who didn't know the Department of Energy was responsible for nuclear reserves, an EPA head whose biggest accomplishments to date had been suing the EPA on multiple occasions, an FCC head who while working for Verizon actively lobbied to kill net neutrality, and an Attorney General who thinks pot is “nearly as bad as heroin” and asked Congress for permission to go after legal pot businesses in states where it is legal. (There goes that great Republican States rights rally cry again, right? *Crickets*) An Interim AG after Firing his First AG who’s appointment is probably unconstitutional.

N.) He denies scientific fact. Ever notice that the only people you hear denying climate change are politicians and lobbyists? 99% of actual scientists studying the issue agree that it’s real, man-made and caused by greenhouse gasses. Ever notice that every big disaster movie starts with a bunch of politicians in a room ignoring a scientist's warning?

O.) He does not have the temperament to lead this nation. He is Thin Skinned, childish, and a bully, never mind misogynistic, boorish, rude, and incapable of civil discourse.

P.) He still does not understand that the words he speaks, or tweets, are the official position of 1/3 of the US government, and so does not govern his words. He still thinks when he speaks it’s good ol’ Donald Trump. It’s not. It’s the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. You have probably spread a meme or two around talking about how no president’s every word has ever been dissected before…YES, THEY ALWAYS HAVE. It’s just that every other president in our lifetime has understood the importance of his words and took great care to govern his speech. Trump blurts out whatever comes to his mind then complains when people talk about what a dumb thing that was to say.

Q.) He’s unqualified. If you owned a small business and were looking for someone to manage it, and an unnamed resume came across your desk and you saw 6 bankruptcies, showing a man who had failed to make money running CASINOS, would you hire him? He is a very poor businessman. This is a man who it has been estimated would have been worth $10 BILLION more if he’d just taken what his father had given him, invested it in Index Funds and left it alone.

R.) He is President. But he refuses to take a leadership position and understand that he is everyone’s President. Conservatives complain about liberals chanting “Not my President”, while Trump himself behaves as if no one but his supporters matter.

S.) He’s a blatant hypocrite. He spent 8 years bitching Obama out for his family trips, or golfing, or any time he took for himself, and what does he do? He was already on his 20th golf outing in APRIL of his 1st year in office. He constantly rants about respect for the military, yet can’t be bothered to attend the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day because of a little rain. (And that excuse about Marine One not being able to fly in the rain is HILARIOUS.)

T.) He’s a misogynist. It's not really ok in this day and age to be a misogynist, but it’s not a huge deal if you’re a private citizen. It’s a pretty big deal if you hate half the people you’re elected to lead. The disdain for women seeps out of his …whatever…. and he just can’t hide it.

U.) Face it. In any other election “Grab Em’ By the Pussy” would have been the end of that candidate’s chances. Back in the 90’s I used to marvel about how Teflon Bill Clinton was. I no longer do. The fact that he managed to slip by on that is as much a statement about how much people hate Hillary Clinton as it is about what is wrong with politics in this country right now.

V.) He has one response to a differing opinion. Attack. A good leader listens to criticism, to different points of view, is capable of self-reflection, tries to guide people to his point of view, and when necessary stands his ground and defends his convictions. Any of that sound like Trump? His default is not to Lead, it’s to attack. Scorched Earth. The Jim Acosta reaction is a good example. There was no defense of his convictions when Acosta was asking him repeated questions about his rhetoric on the caravan. His response was to attack Acosta.

W.) He takes credit for everything positive while deflecting blame for everything negative. Look at him with the Stock Market. He’s been bragging about it since day one, and to give credit where credit is due, speculation on coming deregulation early in his presidency did fuel some rapid growth, but to pretend that it’s all him, that we’re not in the 9th year of the longest bull market in history and THEN, when the standard market volatility that deregulation inevitably brings about starts to show up? Yeah. Look at yesterday. Hey! Stock Markets losing because the Democrats won! Do I need to bring out the Stock market chart for the last 10 Years again?

X.) He emboldens the worst among us. Counter-protesters are slammed into by a car while countering actual Nazi rally, and the response is there’s fault on “Both Sides.” The media is at fault for a nut job sending them and Donald’s favorite targets pipe bombs. The truth is not all Republicans, not all Trump Supporters are racist, fascist lunatics. Many are just taken in by the bombastic personality and are living in an information bubble made worse by the fact that they unfollow anyone and ignore any source of information that makes them feel uncomfortable. People on the left do that too. The Biggest problem the right has right now is that the worst of the Right is the loudest and the most in your face, and the actual right, especially the Freaking PRESIDENT needs to be standing up and saying No. Those are not our values.

Y.) He seems to think the Constitution of The United States, the document that IS who we are, the document he took an oath to support and defend is some sort of inconvenience. He demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of Constitution, from believing he can alter the 14th through executive order, to thinking The free exercise clause in the first amendment somehow supersedes the establishment clause (not that he really understands either) or that the free exercise clause only applies to Christians. Or his attacks on freedom of expression and the press. He repeatedly makes it clear that if he’s read them, he does not understand Articles 1–3, and that’s something he really should have before he took the job, because they’re not going away.

Z.) I’ll use Z for something I do blame him for, but the rest of us have to carry the blame too. Polarization. This country is more politically polarized than I can remember in my lifetime. Some of you who are a few years older than I may remember how it was in the late 60’s when construction workers in New York were being applauded for beating up hippies, I think it’s pretty close to that right now, but that was before my time. And he is the cause of much of the current level polarization, but also the result. It didn't’ start with Trump. We’ve been going down this road I think since the eruption of the Tea Party in the early years of the Obama Administration. I do hope the tide turns before it gets much worse because the thing that scares me more than anything is what if that keeps going the way it has been?


https://www.quora.com/Why-are-people-so ... -OLeary-19

This post is comical because you actually seem to believe what you are typing and that what you have to say on this subject matters to me or any Republican at all. It’s quite long, and before I started reading it I knew what it was going to say. And, after reading just a little, I was proven right. Just more hateful anti-Trump garbage that isn’t worth reading. I regret investing the 30 second it took me to read it.

Personally, I stopped caring what the left in this country thinks after the death threats to Trumps electors before he was even inaugurated and after I watched Representative John Lewis’ testimony in the senate during Jeff Sessions confirmation hearing where he implored the senate to jeject him because he is from Alabama, and thus is racist.

Mike Drop
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 3393
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:43 pm

bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Em...if people don’t like it here, they can go back to where they came from, regardless how long they’ve been here family wise. That’s not racist. These four are constantly complaining about America. Hell, they were calling Pelosi a racist a couple of weeks ago. This is nothing but more drama on the left because they have nothing else to do. If America sucks so bad they can go to whichever country they would like to espouse as being “great”, see what it’s really like, then come back here and shut their pie holes. All these four have done since getting elected is complain. They are overplaying their hand on this and it will blow up in their face.


Erm, if people don't like it here, they can try and change things, which is exactly that those 4 ladies are trying to do.

Yes, it is racist. Telling them to 'go back' implies they came from somewhere. Considering 3/4 were born in the US, where do you propose sending them 'back' to? Ask yourself this: why was no white person ever told to 'go back to where you came from'?

It's blatantly racist. You just refuse to see it because you don't want to see it. It doesn't fit with your agenda.


Since when is a nationality racist? If I told an Englishman who spoke out against Obama to back home that’d be racist? You lot have just debased to word to mean nothing except to smear anyone who isn’t on your political reservation.
 
bgm
Posts: 2107
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:51 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Em...if people don’t like it here, they can go back to where they came from, regardless how long they’ve been here family wise. That’s not racist. These four are constantly complaining about America. Hell, they were calling Pelosi a racist a couple of weeks ago. This is nothing but more drama on the left because they have nothing else to do. If America sucks so bad they can go to whichever country they would like to espouse as being “great”, see what it’s really like, then come back here and shut their pie holes. All these four have done since getting elected is complain. They are overplaying their hand on this and it will blow up in their face.


Erm, if people don't like it here, they can try and change things, which is exactly that those 4 ladies are trying to do.

Yes, it is racist. Telling them to 'go back' implies they came from somewhere. Considering 3/4 were born in the US, where do you propose sending them 'back' to? Ask yourself this: why was no white person ever told to 'go back to where you came from'?

It's blatantly racist. You just refuse to see it because you don't want to see it. It doesn't fit with your agenda.


Since when is a nationality racist? If I told an Englishman who spoke out against Obama to back home that’d be racist? You lot have just debased to word to mean nothing except to smear anyone who isn’t on your political reservation.


Except it wasn't. It wasn't said to an Englishman. It was only said to 4 women of color. Again, I ask, why has not said that to any of his white male critics?

Stop being intentionally obtuse. It doesn't suit you.

The reason it is racist is this: because they are not white, obviously they came from some 'shithole' country (by Trump's logic) and even though 3/4 were born and all are US citizens, it's quite clearly implied that 'your kind' are not welcome here so bugger off back to the place your ancestors came from.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:58 pm

bgm wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
bgm wrote:

Erm, if people don't like it here, they can try and change things, which is exactly that those 4 ladies are trying to do.

Yes, it is racist. Telling them to 'go back' implies they came from somewhere. Considering 3/4 were born in the US, where do you propose sending them 'back' to? Ask yourself this: why was no white person ever told to 'go back to where you came from'?

It's blatantly racist. You just refuse to see it because you don't want to see it. It doesn't fit with your agenda.


Since when is a nationality racist? If I told an Englishman who spoke out against Obama to back home that’d be racist? You lot have just debased to word to mean nothing except to smear anyone who isn’t on your political reservation.


Except it wasn't. It wasn't said to an Englishman. It was only said to 4 women of color. Again, I ask, why has not said that to any of his white male critics?

Stop being intentionally obtuse. It doesn't suit you.

The reason it is racist is this: because they are not white, obviously they came from some 'shithole' country (by Trump's logic) and even though 3/4 were born and all are US citizens, it's quite clearly implied that 'your kind' are not welcome here so bugger off back to the place your ancestors came from.

Lol - he didn’t actually say any to the things that you have typed. You are adding your own words and making up things about meaning in order to try to define Trump as a racist.

Stop making crap up and stick to the truth.

Mike Drop
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:04 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Em...if people don’t like it here, they can go back to where they came from, regardless how long they’ve been here family wise. That’s not racist. These four are constantly complaining about America. Hell, they were calling Pelosi a racist a couple of weeks ago. This is nothing but more drama on the left because they have nothing else to do. If America sucks so bad they can go to whichever country they would like to espouse as being “great”, see what it’s really like, then come back here and shut their pie holes. All these four have done since getting elected is complain. They are overplaying their hand on this and it will blow up in their face.


Erm, if people don't like it here, they can try and change things, which is exactly that those 4 ladies are trying to do.

Yes, it is racist. Telling them to 'go back' implies they came from somewhere. Considering 3/4 were born in the US, where do you propose sending them 'back' to? Ask yourself this: why was no white person ever told to 'go back to where you came from'?

It's blatantly racist. You just refuse to see it because you don't want to see it. It doesn't fit with your agenda.


Since when is a nationality racist? If I told an Englishman who spoke out against Obama to back home that’d be racist? You lot have just debased to word to mean nothing except to smear anyone who isn’t on your political reservation.


https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/dona ... oyment-law
Where ever you go, there you are.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: marcelh, TheF15Ace and 30 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos