bgm

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:05 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
bgm wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Since when is a nationality racist? If I told an Englishman who spoke out against Obama to back home that’d be racist? You lot have just debased to word to mean nothing except to smear anyone who isn’t on your political reservation.

Except it wasn't. It wasn't said to an Englishman. It was only said to 4 women of color. Again, I ask, why has not said that to any of his white male critics?

Stop being intentionally obtuse. It doesn't suit you.

The reason it is racist is this: because they are not white, obviously they came from some 'shithole' country (by Trump's logic) and even though 3/4 were born and all are US citizens, it's quite clearly implied that 'your kind' are not welcome here so bugger off back to the place your ancestors came from.

Lol - he didn’t actually say any to the things that you have typed. You are adding your own words and making up things about meaning in order to try to define Trump as a racist.

Stop making crap up and stick to the truth.

Mike Drop

Go read for yourself.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

This is who you support? How do you sleep at night? :sarcastic:
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

jdstJD

Re: Will Trump get primaried or will the GOP continue to lose grip on core values?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:35 pm

DL717 wrote:
bgm wrote:
afcjets wrote:
I do not belong to a political party and have voted for as many Democrats as Republicans and Trump was a Democrat not too long ago. The fact that you tolerate Omar's anti semitism and her respect for Al Queada and Pressley's actual racist statement ("no more black faces that don't want to be a black voice") speaks volumes. Identity politics over everything. Absolutely disgusting. And this is what Trump is great at, he gets Democrats like you to make this your #1 platform.

The #1 platform is getting the vile piece of repugnant filth out of the White House next year.

Tell me, how is telling 4 non-white women to 'go back to the country you came from' not racist? Pray tell, which country do you suggest they go back to, considering 3/4 were born in the US. He never said that to Bernie Sanders, who shares similar political views as the four women. Of course, he's an old white man, so.... :sarcastic:

Here's a thought: perhaps identity politics wouldn't be such a thing if we didn't have a bigoted, racist, xenophobic President who constantly attacks people on Twitter spewing the vile filth that he does.

The only things Trump is good at are:

- dividing people
- making them angry
- emboldening right wing extremism

He's a piss-poor President who hasn't done shit for the country. Look at the dysfunctional chaos around you as evidence, if you choose to open your eyes that is.

Em...if people don’t like it here, they can go back to where they came from, regardless how long they’ve been here family wise. That’s not racist. These four are constantly complaining about America. Hell, they were calling Pelosi a racist a couple of weeks ago. This is nothing but more drama on the left because they have nothing else to do. If America sucks so bad they can go to whichever country they would like to espouse as being “great”, see what it’s really like, then come back here and shut their pie holes. All these four have done since getting elected is complain. They are overplaying their hand on this and it will blow up in their face.

tommy1808 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Omar's anti semitism and her respect for Al Queada

what exactly did she say that is anti-semitic and respects Al Queda?

best regards
Thomas

https://nypost.com/2018/11/11/heres-the ... o-mention/

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbauma ... d-n2550161

No. He won’t get primaried.

Wait a minute. You are trying to change what he said the same way other republicans have been tying to do in order to take what he said out of the realm of racism. What he said was tantamount to what he said about the judge he assumed was Mexican and would not rule in his favor on the border wall. This is the exact same thing! He looked at how these women looked: Latina, black, and two Muslims, both of which are also non-white, and assumed they were not from this country. He said, in his own words in the first of his three or four tweet-rades that they should go back to their OWN COUNTRIES. Not countries where their ancestors came from (which would have been just as bad) or some other country of their choice. THEIR countries. You and Republicans are twisting yourselves in knots with blind folds on and covering your ears basically saying no, no listen to what I’m saying not what your read or heard yourself. He did the same thing with obama. He looks so different from what he sees as a normal American so he was emphatic that he wasn’t born here. And people followed him like a cult and do so to this day.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

Pyrex

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:36 pm

bgm wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
bgm wrote:

Erm, if people don't like it here, they can try and change things, which is exactly that those 4 ladies are trying to do.

Yes, it is racist. Telling them to 'go back' implies they came from somewhere. Considering 3/4 were born in the US, where do you propose sending them 'back' to? Ask yourself this: why was no white person ever told to 'go back to where you came from'?

It's blatantly racist. You just refuse to see it because you don't want to see it. It doesn't fit with your agenda.

Since when is a nationality racist? If I told an Englishman who spoke out against Obama to back home that’d be racist? You lot have just debased to word to mean nothing except to smear anyone who isn’t on your political reservation.

Except it wasn't. It wasn't said to an Englishman. It was only said to 4 women of color. Again, I ask, why has not said that to any of his white male critics?

The reason it is racist is this: because they are not white, obviously they came from some 'shithole' country (by Trump's logic) and even though 3/4 were born and all are US citizens, it's quite clearly implied that 'your kind' are not welcome here so bugger off back to the place your ancestors came from.

Hispanics I know (they are people of color until they do something liberals don't like, in which case they automatically become white), but since when are Palestinians "people of color"? Is Justin Amash a person of color as well?
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

jdstJD

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:46 pm

DL717 wrote:
bgm wrote:
afcjets wrote:
I do not belong to a political party and have voted for as many Democrats as Republicans and Trump was a Democrat not too long ago. The fact that you tolerate Omar's anti semitism and her respect for Al Queada and Pressley's actual racist statement ("no more black faces that don't want to be a black voice") speaks volumes. Identity politics over everything. Absolutely disgusting. And this is what Trump is great at, he gets Democrats like you to make this your #1 platform.

The #1 platform is getting the vile piece of repugnant filth out of the White House next year.

Tell me, how is telling 4 non-white women to 'go back to the country you came from' not racist? Pray tell, which country do you suggest they go back to, considering 3/4 were born in the US. He never said that to Bernie Sanders, who shares similar political views as the four women. Of course, he's an old white man, so.... :sarcastic:

Here's a thought: perhaps identity politics wouldn't be such a thing if we didn't have a bigoted, racist, xenophobic President who constantly attacks people on Twitter spewing the vile filth that he does.

- dividing people
- making them angry

He's a piss-poor President who hasn't done shit for the country. Look at the dysfunctional chaos around you as evidence, if you choose to open your eyes that is.

Em...if people don’t like it here, they can go back to where they came from, regardless how long they’ve been here family wise. That’s not racist. These four are constantly complaining about America. Hell, they were calling Pelosi a racist a couple of weeks ago. This is nothing but more drama on the left because they have nothing else to do. If America sucks so bad they can go to whichever country they would like to espouse as being “great”, see what it’s really like, then come back here and shut their pie holes. All these four have done since getting elected is complain. They are overplaying their hand on this and it will blow up in their face.

tommy1808 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Omar's anti semitism and her respect for Al Queada

best regards
Thomas

People generally run for office when they feel something is wrong with the country/state/city that they live in. Of course people are going to complain about the country. Trump complained about the country tirelessly: the international deals the previous presidents entered into which they felt were in the country’s and world’s best interest, immigration problems, economic problems, regulations, tax policy, education policy, all of these things were sources of complaints for all candidates that ran for office, including Donald Trump. But somehow the only ones who are accused of hating America are the ones who have opinions about America’s problems that don’t align with the republicans. Trying to raise consciousness about problems in the country and working to get them fixed does not equal hatred of the country and justify an invitation for them to leave. If that were the case the country would not have constantly been improving since it was founded. Discontent and efforts to make it better is the story of America, ya know that whole “more perfect union” thing?

windy95

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:11 pm

What did The Donald actually say?

"Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how...."

Funny how the left never mentions the "come back" part. As usual they purposely take it out of context and toss the race card in for good measure.....repeat....rinse....yawn.....

Was he racists when he bashed Mittens Romney? Sleepy Biden? Low energy Jebb? Paul Ryan?
MAGA2020 KAG2020

bgm

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm

windy95 wrote:

"Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how...."

Funny how the left never mentions the "come back" part. As usual they purposely take it out of context and toss the race card in for good measure.....repeat....rinse....yawn.....

Was he racists when he bashed Mittens Romney? Sleepy Biden? Low energy Jebb? Paul Ryan?

He wrote crime infested COUNTRIES, not places. In case you don’t believe me, you can read it from the orange turd himself:

who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 4234941448

I have to give it to him, he is right about the US being corrupt, inept, and the government is indeed barely functioning... :duck:
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

jdstJD

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:35 pm

bgm wrote:
windy95 wrote:

He wrote crime infested COUNTRIES, not places. In case you don’t believe me, you can read it from the orange turd himself:

who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)

I have to give it to him, he is right about the US being corrupt, inept, and the government is indeed barely functioning... :duck:

They are so used to completely tuning out the facts to where they truly believe what they wish he had said to be what he actually said. These people are being hypnotized.

Aaron747

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:11 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Trump supporters care less about feelings and more about what is actually going on around us. They can disagree with his words, his mannerisms, how he behaves publicly. None of that matters. What matters are results. As long as the economy keeps humming he gets re-elected.

Stock buybacks and tax cuts have kept the DJIA high - but that only matters to Americans who have skin in the market. What other evidence is there that the White House claims of ‘best economy in our lifetime’ are true? Real wages are not growing, and cost of living indicators are still far outpacing it. Housing construction is slowing to its slowest rate of growth in five years currently.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

NIKV69

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:32 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
If that is the case, why didn't Americans vote to elect a Democrat in 2016? After all, Obama was also an incumbent who had a good economy. It only made sense that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

No he wasn't he was termed out. Running for re-election and running for the office for the first time are very different. Besides Hillary was a disaster. I still think Biden could have won.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

jpetekyxmd80

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:38 pm

Could have? That's funny.

Biden wins by like 10 million votes. It's not even competitive.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

ER757

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:43 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
If that is the case, why didn't Americans vote to elect a Democrat in 2016? After all, Obama was also an incumbent who had a good economy. It only made sense that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

No he wasn't he was termed out. Running for re-election and running for the office for the first time are very different. Besides Hillary was a disaster. I still think Biden could have won.

I agree Biden could have won. But when he had the chance to throw his hat in the ring, he said his heart wasn't in it. With the benefit of hindsight, had he known Trump would have been the GOP nominee I think he'd have mustered up the will to run (as he is now in 2020). But in 2016, by the time it became evident Trump was going to get the nomination, it was too late for Uncle Joe to jump into the race. And we all know what ended up happening - Hillary was a weak candidate that ran a disaster of a campaign, all the butt hurt Bernie-bots stayed home because they figured Trump had no chance and they never wanted to vote for Hillary anyhow and The Donald became president.
I really wish Trump could lose out to a moderate Republican in the primaries but it ain't gonna happen, plain and simple. I hope when the dust settles on the Democratic side, a candidate I can feel at least okay about voting for becomes the nominee. I'd hate to have to make my vote for president "none of the above" for the second straight time.

Tugger

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:47 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Trump supporters care less about feelings and more about what is actually going on around us. They can disagree with his words, his mannerisms, how he behaves publicly. None of that matters. What matters are results. As long as the economy keeps humming he gets re-elected.

While I agree that Trump supporters don't care really about anything as you mention other than "winning", Republicans do actually care and it does matter who the person is and how they act/manage the presidency. And Trump has been a poor president, especially in that aspect.

Trump is losing a lot of votes, not his supporters, they'll vote for him no matter what, they do not concern them selves with the country or care for it. Just "winning". That base will be motivated and turn out, but the turned off Republicans will not. The Dems are definitely cranked up and will turn out. And we are only talking about a few percentage points in a few states that will turn the election.

Honestly I think Trump knows the F'up he has done to the country and does not want to win and be present when the errors come home to roost on his term. He wants to lose and then point to the Dem winner and shout about how awful things are and how great he is and would have been.

But the short answer to the OP's question is that no Trump won't get primaried, and yes the GOP core will continue to be harmed the MAGA's.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

seb146

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:31 am

Republicans are continuing to remain silent on race issues and name calling by the occupant of the White House. It plays to the hatred and ignorance of the base. As long as crowds cheer him for using such toxic rhetoric, he will fight to stay in power. That is not the America the rest of us grew up in and love, unfortunately.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

DL717

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:47 am

jdstJD wrote:
DL717 wrote:
bgm wrote:

- dividing people
- making them angry

tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Wait a minute. You are trying to change what he said the same way other republicans have been tying to do in order to take what he said out of the realm of racism. What he said was tantamount to what he said about the judge he assumed was Mexican and would not rule in his favor on the border wall. This is the exact same thing! He looked at how these women looked: Latina, black, and two Muslims, both of which are also non-white, and assumed they were not from this country. He said, in his own words in the first of his three or four tweet-rades that they should go back to their OWN COUNTRIES. Not countries where their ancestors came from (which would have been just as bad) or some other country of their choice. THEIR countries. You and Republicans are twisting yourselves in knots with blind folds on and covering your ears basically saying no, no listen to what I’m saying not what your read or heard yourself. He did the same thing with obama. He looks so different from what he sees as a normal American so he was emphatic that he wasn’t born here. And people followed him like a cult and do so to this day.

I’m sorry. I wasn’t aware he referred to race, because he didn’t. Anyways.

jdstJD wrote:
bgm wrote:
windy95 wrote:

They are so used to completely tuning out the facts to where they truly believe what they wish he had said to be what he actually said. These people are being hypnotized.

The left is making it about race, when it’s actually about four freshmen congresswomen who won’t quit complaining about everything under the sun while proclaiming the greatness of known dumpster fire countries. They don’t like America? The door is right there. Go put your money where your mouth is. They’re no different than all these hollywood clowns that declare they’re headed to Canada. Why Canada? Don’t like Mexico or don’t like people of color? Pfft.

windy95 wrote:

Yup.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

MSPNWA

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:25 am

Doesn't "core values" need to be defined first? What are the GOP's "core values"?

Aaron747 wrote:
Stock buybacks and tax cuts have kept the DJIA high - but that only matters to Americans who have skin in the market. What other evidence is there that the White House claims of ‘best economy in our lifetime’ are true? Real wages are not growing, and cost of living indicators are still far outpacing it. Housing construction is slowing to its slowest rate of growth in five years currently.

We can debate "best ever" and such, but let's at least stick to facts, okay?

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/realer.pdf

casinterest
Topic Author

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:36 am

Trump continues his attacks on innocent US citizens.
Only thing missing tonight in Greenville was the white hoods.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-ral ... ilhan-omar
"“She looks down with contempt on the hardworking American, saying that ignorance is pervasive in many parts of this country,” the president said of Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), to cheering from the crowd, many of whom began chanting, “Send her back,” enthusiastically joining in on the collective anti-Omar hate"

Do those people not even get the irony of their behavior ?
Where ever you go, there you are.

einsteinboricua

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:45 am

MSPNWA wrote:

Government source...that means they're cooking the books and is unreliable.

What? Worked well from 2009-early 2017.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

einsteinboricua

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:49 am

casinterest wrote:
Do those people not even get the irony of their behavior ?

The irony of their behavior is that they tell these folks that if they think their country is a mess they should leave, but don't want to accept people who left because they think their country is a mess.

What's more...since 2017 the script has been flipped and America is the greatest thing ever and to dissent means to question your patriotism and loyalty to the country. But during the election campaign, all Trump could ever talk about was how lousy the country was, how rotten its leadership was, etc, and the same people chanting "Send her back" were only too happy to clap and cheer when Trump said the same things. Only serves as proof that the GOP, in general, has adopted a "do as I say, not as I do" policy (but then again, it's been that way since Vietnam).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Aaron747

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:21 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Doesn't "core values" need to be defined first? What are the GOP's "core values"?

Aaron747 wrote:

The growth claimed by BLS is based on the CPI-U, which undervalues commute costs like gas. The Social Security Admin uses CPI-W, an alternate measure, for calculating cost of living adjustments and is regarded as less generalized and more accurate. Real wages are only meaningful if looking at the full picture of cost of living.

And anyway it’s a flat lie on the WH’s part to claim things are the best ever when middle class earnings are still $80/week in real inflation-adjusted dollars under the statistical peak of 1972.

If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

casinterest
Topic Author

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:48 pm

The GOP may be starting to come around to the fact that Trump's re-election strategy holds some major pitfalls for them.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4536 ... s-must-end

However they are still trying to stay on their "socialism" boogeyman talking notes.

"“I deeply disagree with the extreme left & have been disgusted by their tone,” he tweeted. “I woke up today equally disgusted — chants like ‘send her back’ are ugly, wrong, & would send chills down the spines of our Founding Fathers.”"

olle

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Racism never seems to be about racism. In Hungary and poland it is today totally ok to play a bad game aabout the traveling people and jews. Dont tell me that the attack on the soros foundation is not linked to anti semitism for mentioning an example or the attack on the new head of eu is not l8nked to the fact she is a woman.

In usa it was not long ago buses was separeted seats for black people and schools separated.

But always these attacks is not racism. I am not suprised.

N14AZ

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:54 pm

I really like Chris Evans‘ tweet:

The only thing worse than actually being hateful and racist, is casually wielding hate and racism to activate your base in an unrelenting, painfully transparent

Perfect description, IMHO

casinterest
Topic Author

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Interesting background on the divisive language ,Trump and other politicians on the right employ , that came from Newt Gingrich

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... -gop-memo/

It presented a list of 30 “optimistic positive” words to use, including “freedom,” “truth,” and “family.” It also provided a list of “contrasting” words: “crisis,” “decay,” and “red tape.” And this second list recommended going to extremes. Republican candidates, it noted, should call Democrats “shallow,” “radical,” “incompetent,” “pathetic,” “sick,” “bizarre,” and “traitors.” Gingrich’s group was urging GOPers to engage in all-out rhetorical war, going beyond arguing over policies to engaging in the politics of personal destruction. Which was one of Gingrich’s own favorite tools.

Keep on eye out for these when watching politicians speak.

Ken777

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:12 am

NIKV69 wrote:
He is an incumbent who has a good economy. There will be no primary.

Right now Trump is still riding Obama's Economic Expansion - just look at the Bikini Graph and expand it to this year. Trump "delivered" a Trillion & a Half Dollar Tax Cut and those at the lower end of the scale still live in poverty. But Trump did go strolling into his Florida Mar - A - Lago declaring "You don't know how rich I've made you."

There is also the hope of many Americans that the Democrats will start more hearings, leading to a full Impeachment Investigation a few months before the Convention. The continual hearings under Nixon slowly woke up when there was a continual flow of news, especially from the release of the tapes. Even solid Conservative Republicans (like Goldwater) understood that Nixon had to leave.

These days it's hard to find a Republican with the morals or courage to stand up to Trump. Bowing to the Wanna Be Strong Man is the rule of the day. Some Republicans, like Like Lindsey Graham, originally appeared to have that moral character and store up to Trump. These days the good Senator seems more like a lap Dog. So what happened? Maybe Trump determined that Lindsey was Gay and told him to get in line or be outed. Now I don't know the Good Senator's preferences, nor do I even care. It just seems that there needs to be something dramatic to more the Good Senator in a very different direction.

DL717

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am

Ken777 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
He is an incumbent who has a good economy. There will be no primary.

Right now Trump is still riding Obama's Economic Expansion - just look at the Bikini Graph and expand it to this year. Trump "delivered" a Trillion & a Half Dollar Tax Cut and those at the lower end of the scale still live in poverty. But Trump did go strolling into his Florida Mar - A - Lago declaring "You don't know how rich I've made you."

There is also the hope of many Americans that the Democrats will start more hearings, leading to a full Impeachment Investigation a few months before the Convention. The continual hearings under Nixon slowly woke up when there was a continual flow of news, especially from the release of the tapes. Even solid Conservative Republicans (like Goldwater) understood that Nixon had to leave.

These days it's hard to find a Republican with the morals or courage to stand up to Trump. Bowing to the Wanna Be Strong Man is the rule of the day. Some Republicans, like Like Lindsey Graham, originally appeared to have that moral character and store up to Trump. These days the good Senator seems more like a lap Dog. So what happened? Maybe Trump determined that Lindsey was Gay and told him to get in line or be outed. Now I don't know the Good Senator's preferences, nor do I even care. It just seems that there needs to be something dramatic to more the Good Senator in a very different direction.

If the Democrats do what you hope for, Trump will be re-elected.

As for the impeachment hopes? Trying to impeach someone because you don’t like him or because he won’t conform to a desired cardboard box or kneel down to liberal demands is a recipe for failure. But by all means...

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/ ... ment-trump
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

seb146

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:10 am

casinterest wrote:
The GOP may be starting to come around to the fact that Trump's re-election strategy holds some major pitfalls for them.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4536 ... s-must-end

However they are still trying to stay on their "socialism" boogeyman talking notes.

"“I deeply disagree with the extreme left & have been disgusted by their tone,” he tweeted. “I woke up today equally disgusted — chants like ‘send her back’ are ugly, wrong, & would send chills down the spines of our Founding Fathers.”"

I have been travelling through California the past week. I only saw political reports while staying with my Fox addicted mother-in-law. I love her but no. Anyway, I saw Republicans twisting themselves in knots not wanting to apologize for racist and hate charged language while calling these women of color every name in the book they do not understand. Like "communist" and "socialist" and "America hating" and so forth.

Republicans no longer get to call themselves "The Party Of Lincoln" ever again.

afcjets

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:52 pm

seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
I have been travelling through California the past week. I only saw political reports while staying with my Fox addicted mother-in-law. I love her but no. Anyway, I saw Republicans twisting themselves in knots not wanting to apologize for racist and hate charged language while calling these women of color every name in the book they do not understand. Like "communist" and "socialist" and "America hating" and so forth

Republicans are not twisting anything, these women are card carrying Socialists:

"In November 2018, two Democratic Socialists of America members, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Rashida Tlaib, were elected to the House of Representatives"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democra ... of_America

But you wouldn't know it because of the fake news media (unless of course you actually look at their policies):

"MSNBC anchor Andrea Mitchell is facing criticism on Thursday over her declaration that none of the four progressive congresswomen of "The Squad," including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-NY, are "socialists."...

"None of these members of Congress are socialists, but that is the way the Republican leadership wants to frame this election face-off,” Mitchell told the panel. "There’s not a single member of these congressional representatives who are avowed socialists, so I don’t know where that is coming from other than opposition research.”..

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an outspoken member of the group Democratic Socialists of America, the “largest socialist organization in the United States” according to their own description, a fact which has been in no way mysterious and was featured in profiles on the Congresswoman by everyone from the Daily Beast to the New York Times," Howe wrote in an op-ed. "She also self-identifies as a “Democratic Socialist”, and argues the concepts on Twitter.

Howe later pointed out how Ocasio-Cortez has claimed that “capitalism is irredeemable” and that she had promoted "democratic socialism" during a recent appearance on "The Late Show."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-and ... socialists

casinterest
Topic Author

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:37 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
I have been travelling through California the past week. I only saw political reports while staying with my Fox addicted mother-in-law. I love her but no. Anyway, I saw Republicans twisting themselves in knots not wanting to apologize for racist and hate charged language while calling these women of color every name in the book they do not understand. Like "communist" and "socialist" and "America hating" and so forth

Republicans are not twisting anything, these women are card carrying Socialists:

"In November 2018, two Democratic Socialists of America members, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Rashida Tlaib, were elected to the House of Representatives"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democra ... of_America

But you wouldn't know it because of the fake news media (unless of course you actually look at their policies):

"MSNBC anchor Andrea Mitchell is facing criticism on Thursday over her declaration that none of the four progressive congresswomen of "The Squad," including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-NY, are "socialists."...

"None of these members of Congress are socialists, but that is the way the Republican leadership wants to frame this election face-off,” Mitchell told the panel. "There’s not a single member of these congressional representatives who are avowed socialists, so I don’t know where that is coming from other than opposition research.”..

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an outspoken member of the group Democratic Socialists of America, the “largest socialist organization in the United States” according to their own description, a fact which has been in no way mysterious and was featured in profiles on the Congresswoman by everyone from the Daily Beast to the New York Times," Howe wrote in an op-ed. "She also self-identifies as a “Democratic Socialist”, and argues the concepts on Twitter.

Howe later pointed out how Ocasio-Cortez has claimed that “capitalism is irredeemable” and that she had promoted "democratic socialism" during a recent appearance on "The Late Show."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-and ... socialists

So what we have here is a failure of Republicans to define socialism in all of it's differences.

Democratic socialism still allows for capitalism. People that give Trump a pass on blatent racism should be expected to understand the nuances here.

Tugger

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:00 pm

afcjets wrote:

You do realize YOU are a card carrying socialist too, yes?

Do you understand what socialism actually is and how much it encompasses?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

afcjets

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:06 pm

casinterest wrote:

Democratic socialism still allows for capitalism. People that give Trump a pass on blatent racism should be expected to understand the nuances here.

Why didn't he tell Nikki Hailey to go back to where she came from? (and fix it and come back and show us how it works)
Last edited by afcjets on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casinterest
Topic Author

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:08 pm

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Why didn't he tell Nicki Hailey to go back to where she came from?

Because she is the one Republican who definitely would destroy him should she choose to primary him. And Trump is very scared.

afcjets

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:10 pm

That would be hard to do from India. But thanks for admitting it's not racist.

casinterest
Topic Author

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:13 pm

[quote="afcjets"]That would be hard to do from India. But thanks for admitting it's not racist[\quote]

What?

Please explain ? How not saying something to Nikki Hailey equates to Trump not being a racist ?
Last edited by casinterest on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

afcjets

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Tugger wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Tugg

No, I am not a member of the Democratic Socialists of America.

afcjets

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:16 pm

casinterest wrote:
afcjets wrote:
That would be hard to do from India. But thanks for admitting it's not racist[\quote]

What?

Please explain ? How not saying something to Nikki Hailey equates to Trump not being a racist ?

Because you are admitting he either wants someone to leave or stay based on something other than race ;)

casinterest
Topic Author

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:20 pm

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:
afcjets wrote:
That would be hard to do from India. But thanks for admitting it's not racist[\quote]

What?

Because you are admitting he either wants someone to leave or stay based on something other than race ;)

Kids.....don't do drugs.

Tugger

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:54 pm

afcjets wrote:
Tugger wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Tugg

No, I am not a member of the Democratic Socialists of America.

But that is not what you said.

And also you are not indicating that you understand that you are a "socialist", a card carrying one in actual fact. And that socialism is interwoven throughout our nation. From "safety nets" to infrastructure, we depend on "socialist practices" to keep our nation safe, economy viobrant, and protect our citizens within. The only debate is to what extent do we socialize some things.

This is a simple fun read on what I mean. https://www.forbes.com/sites/timothylee ... ocialists/

Being a member of a particular group is one thing, believing or stating that all socialism is bad and not acceptable is another. It would be beyond stupid to lump all "socialism" into one basket. But many people do it, unable to understand it is one of the most important elements of any nation.

Tugg

afcjets

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Tugger wrote:
Being a member of a particular group is one thing, believing or stating that all socialism is bad and not acceptable is another. It would be beyond stupid to lump all "socialism" into one basket. But many people do it, unable to understand it is one of the most important elements of any nation.

Tugg

I am glad you see the difference between social security in the US and the more extreme policies of these congresswoman who are members of the Democratic Socialists of America.

Tugger

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:40 pm

afcjets wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

I am glad you see the difference between social security in the US and the more extreme policies of these congresswoman who are members of the Democratic Socialists of America.

And....? You still haven't addressed the fact that you support socialism. In some forms and that "socialism" isn't bad in itself, rather it is important and helpful to the nation. So you see the difference yes?

I hate the dumb broad brush crap that people use nowadays and am actively pushing back against it. We are are NOT a nation in two different camps. We are all mixed, we each support stuff that our "opponents" do as well and don't support some stuff that our "like minded allies" want. We cannot view everyone as us and them. And that has to start with you, with me. I try hard to look at what I agree with the "other side" on and share that.

Tugg

seb146

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:57 pm

So, I typed in "definition of socialism" into my search engine and this was the first thing that came up:

a political and economic theory of social organization which advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole

I don't know what any of that has to do with affordable health care, affordable education, or affordable housing. Which right wing extremists leading the Republican party read as "free". The definition reads to me that AOC and the other "socialists" want to bring back factories and production to the United States. They want to be job creators for the United States. Which, of course, the right wing extremist Republicans hate because women of color want success for the country as a whole instead of wanting success for only the very wealthy......

lugie

Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:45 pm

DL717 wrote:
The left is making it about race, when it’s actually about four freshmen congresswomen who won’t quit complaining about everything under the sun while proclaiming the greatness of known dumpster fire countries. They don’t like America? The door is right there. Go put your money where your mouth is. They’re no different than all these hollywood clowns that declare they’re headed to Canada. Why Canada? Don’t like Mexico or don’t like people of color? Pfft.

Excuse my french (actually, I'm not sorry but take it as courtesy), but that is total f'ing BS.

Do you remember which platform Trump ran on? "Make America Great Again"
Do you remember what he said in his inauguration speech?
Mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities, rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation.
An education system flushed with cash, but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge. And the crime and the gangs and the drugs which deprive people of so much unrealised potential.
We are one nation, and their pain is our pain, their dreams are our dreams, we share one nation, one home and one glorious destiny.
Today I take an oath of allegiance to all Americans. For many decades, we’ve enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry, subsidised the armies of other countries, while allowing the sad depletion of our own military.
We've defended other nations’ borders while refusing to defend our own.
And spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America’s infrastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay.
We have made other countries rich while the wealth, strength and confidence of our country has dissipated over the horizon.
One by one, shutters have closed on our factories without even a thought about the millions and millions of those who have been left behind.

This, to use your own words, is a prime example of someone who "who won’t quit complaining about everything under the sun".

Where were you in 2016? Why didn't you tell Trump "don’t like America? The door is right there. Go put your money where your mouth is".

Because - as much as conservatives like to try and defend it - IT'S NOT, has not, and will never be about the criticism and dissent (which, btw, is the "highest form of patriotism").

IT IS about these Congresswomen's appearance and background. They're all American citizens, by birth or - in 1 case - by naturalization. Thus, they don't have anywhere to go. Or you could just as well tell whining Trump to kindly f*ck off back to Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
DH4 E75 E90 CR9 CRK M88 319 320 321 332 333 359 733 73G 738 739 748 764 772 788
X3 LH 4U TP US SN EI FR IB LX LA CM UA DL AA AS WN
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW SJO PTY

afcjets

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:24 pm

seb146 wrote:
The definition reads to me that AOC and the other "socialists" want to bring back factories and production to the United States. They want to be job creators for the United States.

AOC? She literally ran Amazon away from NY with tons of jobs and bragged about it. She also is proposing that people who simply don't want to work should get paid by the government.

Bigstud69

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:34 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
Outside, looking in.

Reading from his resolution, Mr Green said Mr Trump had "brought the high office of the President of the United States into contempt, ridicule, disgrace and disrepute".
That is probably how many people outside the US will remember him. My :twocents:

Luckily those outside the us are irreverent.

lugie

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:00 pm

Bigstud69 wrote:

1 - I assume you meant to write irrelevant
2 - No they aren't, at least not as long as the US continues to meddle in other countries' affairs *cough* Venezuela *cough cough* Iran or *cough cough cough* Trump telling Germany to deploy ground troops into Syria. oh and *cough cough cough cough* Brexit.

Man these summer colds are getting worse every year.
DH4 E75 E90 CR9 CRK M88 319 320 321 332 333 359 733 73G 738 739 748 764 772 788
X3 LH 4U TP US SN EI FR IB LX LA CM UA DL AA AS WN
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW SJO PTY

Bigstud69

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:05 pm

bgm wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
bgm wrote:

Lol - he didn’t actually say any to the things that you have typed. You are adding your own words and making up things about meaning in order to try to define Trump as a racist.

Stop making crap up and stick to the truth.

Mike Drop

Go read for yourself.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

This is who you support? How do you sleep at night? :sarcastic:

Yes it is. I stand by his comments and actions 100%.

Bigstud69

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:06 pm

lugie wrote:
Bigstud69 wrote:

1 - I assume you meant to write irrelevant
2 - No they aren't, at least not as long as the US continues to meddle in other countries' affairs *cough* Venezuela *cough cough* Iran or *cough cough cough* Trump telling Germany to deploy ground troops into Syria. oh and *cough cough cough cough* Brexit.

Man these summer colds are getting worse every year.

Meddle funny.

Venezuela is failed state.
Iran is committing acts of war.
Only person to try and influence brexit was Obama.

casinterest
Topic Author

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 pm

The President has gone All in on Racism. Rather embarrassing too, as he did it in front of some real American heroes today.

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/19/20700941/ ... -apollo-11

“I’m unhappy with the fact that a congresswoman can say anti-Semitic things. I’m unhappy with the fact that a congresswoman — in this case, a different congresswoman — can call our country, and our people, garbage. That’s what I’m unhappy with.”

Why is he so unhappy with her "anti-smetism" but he goes full on racist and gives himself a pass?

Bigstud69

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:26 pm

casinterest wrote:
The President has gone All in on Racism. Rather embarrassing too, as he did it in front of some real American heroes today.

“I’m unhappy with the fact that a congresswoman can say anti-Semitic things. I’m unhappy with the fact that a congresswoman — in this case, a different congresswoman — can call our country, and our people, garbage. That’s what I’m unhappy with.”

Why is he so unhappy with her "anti-smetism" but he goes full on racist and gives himself a pass?

What racism? She's an anti Semite and should be sent back. Most people agree with him. She's a vile creature

casinterest
Topic Author

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:28 pm

Bigstud69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

What racism? She's an anti Semite and should be sent back. Most people agree with him. She's a vile creature

Sent back where? Why is she an anti Semite? Why is she so bad? Or is it just lies and hyperbole to justify Racism?

Bigstud69

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:31 pm

casinterest wrote:
Bigstud69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Sent back where? Why is she an anti Semite? Why is she so bad? Or is it just lies and hyperbole to justify Racism?

Somalia, shes and anti Semite because she said anti semitic things.

Still don't see the racism from President Trump, just the truth. Either way I'm glad he's making her the face of the Democratic party her unfavorable deficit is double Trump's.