ArchGuy1
Topic Author
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:52 pm

Do you think that Pakistan will become a major leisure tourist destination in the next few years like India considering that the security situation in Pakistan has improved and the country is loosening visa requirements for nationals of many countries. Pakistan has the Old City of Lahore, Mohenjodaro, and beautiful valleys that have the potential to be major tourist sites.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9513
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:55 pm

The Gilgit-Baltistan region is already popular with trekkers and hikers who like the exotic. It is quite simply one of the world’s most dramatic alpine areas.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
ArchGuy1
Topic Author
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:57 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
The Gilgit-Baltistan region is already popular with trekkers and hikers who like the exotic. It is quite simply one of the world’s most dramatic alpine areas.

I am sure that number will go further up with the loosening of visa requirements and the improved security situation.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9513
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:00 am

ArchGuy1 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
The Gilgit-Baltistan region is already popular with trekkers and hikers who like the exotic. It is quite simply one of the world’s most dramatic alpine areas.

I am sure that number will go further up with the loosening of visa requirements and the improved security situation.


Perhaps but the area doesn’t have the infrastructure to support a large increase in visitors.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
LH658
Posts: 1049
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:35 am

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:52 am

They definitely need to improve the infrastructure for tourism. Though currently Pakistan working on the Kartarpur Corridor with India allowing Sikhs to visit their holy sites with visa free access. Though their is a bit of Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Islamic, and other religion and cultural sites. Many beautiful mountain area, and the coast near Iran is spectacular. The old parts of Peshawar Multan, Lahore, and Rawalpindi is amazing. Some of the World's oldest civilizations are in Pakistan. In the Cholistan dessert they recently did the Jeep rally racing. Recently just had their version of the Tour De France, in Northern areas. Their definently a lot of hidden gems in Pakistan that aren't discovered yet, and too locals are just normal buildings. I hope current administration can work preserving such structures. PM Khan is pretty focus on trying to boost Pakistan to it potential.

Lot of bloggers/vloggers are capturing Pakistan right now, it isn't your ideal place like let say Cancun, Costa Rica, Paris, and etc for family of 4 coming from Kansas, though once tourism explodes then the hospitality kindness will definitely drop as it happens with any country in particular way.

Right now if you visit Pakistan you get that tailored personalized experience, because everyone will want to cater you.
 
zakuivcustom
Posts: 2774
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 am

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:51 pm

LH658 wrote:
Lot of bloggers/vloggers are capturing Pakistan right now, it isn't your ideal place like let say Cancun, Costa Rica, Paris, and etc for family of 4 coming from Kansas, though once tourism explodes then the hospitality kindness will definitely drop as it happens with any country in particular way.


And it should stay that way - we simply do NOT need mass tourism with artificial resorts and tourist traps in every single corners of the world.

On a side note - its neighbor India is not exactly an ideal place for a family of 4 coming from Kansas either anyway. There may be Europeans going to Goa, but even that's consider more "exotic" than your typical Mediterranean cities like Alicante or Palma or random Greek Island or Antalya. Plus do we really want Gilgit-Baltistan to look like that long queue hiking up Mt Everest?
Free Hong Kong! Free China!
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:42 pm

Having been in that part of the world, I would never ever advocate for it to become a tourist destination. There is a reason that both Afghanis and Indians loathe Pakistanis...and it’s not just because they smell. The entire region is rife with terrorist activity and they suffer terrorist attacks quite regularly.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/atta ... ?Yr=Last30
 
ArchGuy1
Topic Author
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:56 pm

Pakistan was a popular tourist destination in the 1970's with tourists from all over the world when it was on the Hippie Trail
 
User avatar
EstherLouise
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:04 pm

I can hardly wait to go to Pakistan to enjoy their wonderful and tourist-friendly rail system at its fullest (sic).

Image
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83
 
Clipper727
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:00 pm

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
Having been in that part of the world, I would never ever advocate for it to become a tourist destination. There is a reason that both Afghanis and Indians loathe Pakistanis...and it’s not just because they smell. The entire region is rife with terrorist activity and they suffer terrorist attacks quite regularly.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/atta ... ?Yr=Last30



Wow!! I smell a Bitter Afghani/Indian. First off-who cares who Afghans loathe. Second- I was there 6 months ago and absolutely loved it. The level of hospitality was amazing compared to what I felt in either India and definitely Afghanistan. You really need to chill. Maybe get laid.
 
mham001
Posts: 5544
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:57 pm

ArchGuy1 wrote:
Pakistan was a popular tourist destination in the 1970's with tourists from all over the world when it was on the Hippie Trail


Except the hippie/backpack crowd doesn't spend money. Not much point in trying to attract them.
 
Jameselsworth
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:16 am

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:13 am

If they resolve their internal terrorism problem then definitely tourism will increase. There are loads of place to visit including old monuments, mosques, trekking.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17360
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:02 am

ArchGuy1 wrote:
the improved security situation.


Good job it's "improved"...

Categorised terrorist attacks so far in 2019:

Jan - Loralai attack - nine people killed

Feb - Balochistan attack - six people killed

Apr - Makran massacre - 14 people killed

Apr - Quetta bombing - 21 people killed

May - Lahore bombing - 13 people killed

May - Pearl Continental Hotel attack - five people killed

ArchGuy1 wrote:
If they resolve their internal terrorism problem then definitely tourism will increase.


Very large swathes of Pakistan are basically lawless. It isn't being resolved any time soon.

ArchGuy1 wrote:
Pakistan was a popular tourist destination in the 1970's with tourists from all over the world when it was on the Hippie Trail


1970 was very nearly 50 years ago. Things are somewhat different now and not in a good way.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
msaaim89
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:53 am

EstherLouise wrote:
I can hardly wait to go to Pakistan to enjoy their wonderful and tourist-friendly rail system at its fullest (sic).

Image


Isn't that actually in India?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8994
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:15 pm

Pakistan has some promise.

Image
Nanga Parbat, the ninth-highest mountain on Earth


https://www.thebrokebackpacker.com/travel-to-pakistan/
a nutshell, Pakistan is an adventure playground. This is a country which truly has everything; friendly locals, stunning landscapes, incredible treks, untapped white water rafting, undiscovered expeditions, colorful festivals, tasty food, and just enough thrills to keep you on your toes.

A trip to Pakistan is not your standard adventure, this is a chance to really connect with the local people and to see a country which, really, nobody knows much about.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
LH658
Posts: 1049
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:35 am

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:45 am

scbriml wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:
the improved security situation.


Good job it's "improved"...

Categorised terrorist attacks so far in 2019:

Jan - Loralai attack - nine people killed

Feb - Balochistan attack - six people killed

Apr - Makran massacre - 14 people killed

Apr - Quetta bombing - 21 people killed

May - Lahore bombing - 13 people killed

May - Pearl Continental Hotel attack - five people killed

ArchGuy1 wrote:
If they resolve their internal terrorism problem then definitely tourism will increase.


Very large swathes of Pakistan are basically lawless. It isn't being resolved any time soon.

ArchGuy1 wrote:
Pakistan was a popular tourist destination in the 1970's with tourists from all over the world when it was on the Hippie Trail


1970 was very nearly 50 years ago. Things are somewhat different now and not in a good way.


Are we gunna make list of how much crime, shootings, and other crimes that have happened across the UK or USA?
 
Clipper727
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:00 pm

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:19 am

I have been to both countries for work. I have never wanted to leave a place as fast as I wanted to get the hell out of Mumbai. That being said- Pakistan has potential but not there just yet.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17360
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:54 am

LH658 wrote:
Are we gunna make list of how much crime, shootings, and other crimes that have happened across the UK or USA?


Why on Earth would we do that? :confused:

The claim was that the security situation in Pakistan was "much improved". I listed the acknowledged terrorist incidents that have occurred so far this year. I chose to ignore other insanities like endemic honour killings.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 6582
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:06 pm

If the tourists are to come they must feel safe and comfortable in the country. Don't want them to be seen as valuable hostage targets as seen in african countries. I think the tourist trade is a very long way off yet.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
chimborazo
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:06 pm

I’ve worked in Lahore for about 3 months total across 7 trips. One of the best places I’ve worked. People are incredibly friendly. Have also visited Multan for a meeting.
Lahore is good for tourists- many interesting places to visit.
Security team needed because big white guy like me stands out.
I’m working in Kolkata now and it’s nowhere neare as good as Pakistan.
 
ArchGuy1
Topic Author
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Re: Pakistan as a Tourist Destination

Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:25 pm

casinterest wrote:
Pakistan has some promise.

Image
Nanga Parbat, the ninth-highest mountain on Earth


https://www.thebrokebackpacker.com/travel-to-pakistan/
a nutshell, Pakistan is an adventure playground. This is a country which truly has everything; friendly locals, stunning landscapes, incredible treks, untapped white water rafting, undiscovered expeditions, colorful festivals, tasty food, and just enough thrills to keep you on your toes.

A trip to Pakistan is not your standard adventure, this is a chance to really connect with the local people and to see a country which, really, nobody knows much about.

K2, the world's second highest mountain is also in Pakistan.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, casinterest, scbriml, slider and 36 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos