Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

UAUA
Topic Author

Comments on Holland America Koningsdam, Carnival Imagination, Celebrity Solstice?

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:40 pm

I will be going on these cruises very soon.

Koningsdam=Partially bstructed Balcony

Carnival Imagination=Inside

Celebrity Solstice=balcony

Comments? Good?

BTW does Carnival Imagination go anywhere far?
My former profile name was United Airline.

stl07

Re: Comments on Holland America Koningsdam, Carnival Imagination, Celebrity Solstice?

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:41 pm

Solstice is awesome but getting old. Best part though is that things like the cafe on deck 5 have free pastries. Way less nickel and diming than expected.

Australia or Alaska?
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

stl07

Re: Comments on Holland America Koningsdam, Carnival Imagination, Celebrity Solstice?

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:42 pm

Imagination is well...interesting, but better than nothing and is good for short cruises to places ships don't usually go like Catalina island and ensenada
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

UAUA
Topic Author

Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:01 pm

stl07 wrote:
Solstice is awesome but getting old. Best part though is that things like the cafe on deck 5 have free pastries. Way less nickel and diming than expected.

Australia or Alaska?

Guess the ship is very well maintained+kept? Very new still? Not that old. Only 11 years.

Australia-New Zealand
My former profile name was United Airline.

Pacific

Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:57 am

Went on Celebrity Eclipse a few weeks ago, a 9 year old Solstice-class ship. Well maintained and clean. Some surfaces *starting* to wear out, like ever so slightly faded carpets.

stl07

Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:18 am

UAUA wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Australia or Alaska?

Guess the ship is very well maintained+kept? Very new still? Not that old. Only 11 years.

Australia-New Zealand

Well kept for sure. I guess it isn't that old, just old for the RCI group, but they like to keep the ships in tip-top shape, even the old ones so it should be good. Maybe I felt it was showing its age as I was spoiled by the reflection on the cruise before. I think it is due for a refurb very soon, maybe even before you leave.

ArchGuy1

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:36 pm

stl07 wrote:
UAUA wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Australia or Alaska?

Australia-New Zealand

Well kept for sure. I guess it isn't that old, just old for the RCI group, but they like to keep the ships in tip-top shape, even the old ones so it should be good. Maybe I felt it was showing its age as I was spoiled by the reflection on the cruise before. I think it is due for a refurb very soon, maybe even before you leave.

Royal Caribbean's Empress of the Seas is 29 years old.

stl07

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:45 pm

ArchGuy1 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
UAUA wrote:

Australia-New Zealand

that's for Cuba, the rest of their ships across celebrity and RC are new

ArchGuy1

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:48 pm

stl07 wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Royal Caribbean has several ships that are over 20 years old still in the fleet.

stl07

Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:01 pm

ArchGuy1 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:

Royal Caribbean has several ships that are over 20 years old still in the fleet.

They have been/are being refurbed though
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-s ... -amplified
https://www.celebritycruises.com/revolution/schedule/

dfwjim1

Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:59 pm

I took a cruise this month on the Majesty of the Seas on July 3rd and the ship was in good shape despite being 27 years old. In Cozumel the Carnival Fantasy was docked nearby and from the outside it looked in real bad shape.