Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

A full day later and no posts after Gilroy Festival shooting?

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:55 pm

Is this not considered news or was this posted and removed by a.net mods for some reason?

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/gilroy ... index.html
Last edited by FTMCPIUS on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VTKillarney

Re: A full day later and no posts after Gilroy Festival shooting?

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:56 pm

My suspicion is that so few facts are known that people may feel that it is premature for any sort of substantive discussion other than more generalized policy arguments.

casinterest

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:00 pm

It's already being discussed under the white supremacist postings.
Not much to discuss until all the facts are clear other than another senseless tragedy.
Where ever you go, there you are.

BN747

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:07 pm

We're jaded now, no longer able to be shocked by these weekly shootings.

Only active measures like what New Zealand is doing will curtail it.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

NIKV69

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:14 pm

Maybe people are tired of the countless inane lets ban guns and the shooter did it because of Trump. It gets real old. As is hoping we turn into New Zealand :sarcastic:
I am the Googlizer!!!

scbriml

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:17 pm

Just another day in America?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

seb146

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:20 pm

It is America. NRA gave us this attitude. Only three were murdered so it does not even crack the top 10 of what happened this week. No one cares.

Thoughts and prayers did not stop this right wing terrorist either.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Kiwirob

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:20 pm

Meh it’s only a few dead, it has to be at least 15/20 to get much interest from anyone these days.

VTKillarney

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 pm

seb146 wrote:

Where did you see that the shooter is right wing?

BN747

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:54 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Maybe people are tired of the countless inane lets ban guns and the shooter did it because of Trump. It gets real old. As is hoping we turn into New Zealand :sarcastic:

Oh gee....look his last words were 'white supremacists' based...
Hmmm who do you think he supports, like you...the guys welcomes Russia into American politics.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gilroy-ga ... e?ref=home

yeah, there's racist connection or elements, just people bitchin' for no reason.

VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gilroy-ga ... e?ref=home

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

VTKillarney

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:05 pm

The book is an anarchist book. The shooter posted a portion of the book that had nothing to do with the right or left wing politics. The portion he referred to had to do with the urbanization. Specifically, it criticized urbanization which is often a left-wing environmentalist rallying cry. It may be that the shooter is right wing. But there is definitely not enough evidence to say one way or the other at this moment.

NoTime

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:20 pm

When you've got 9 killed and 39 wounded in Chicago over the weekend and no one cares, then why would we expect anyone to care about 4 dead in Cali? (https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/07/29 ... iolence-4/)

Pitiful, but that's the reality.

MikeDrop

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:26 pm

NoTime wrote:
When you've got 9 killed and 39 wounded in Chicago over the weekend and no one cares, then why would we expect anyone to care about 4 dead in Cali? (https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/07/29 ... iolence-4/)

Sounds like a typical weekend in Baltimore.

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/crime-ch ... city-crime

Mike Drop

NIKV69

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:42 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
The book is an anarchist book. The shooter posted a portion of the book that had nothing to do with the right or left wing politics. The portion he referred to had to do with the urbanization. Specifically, it criticized urbanization which is often a left-wing environmentalist rallying cry. It may be that the shooter is right wing. But there is definitely not enough evidence to say one way or the other at this moment.

Doesn't matter the same people in this forum that traffic in hatred and use racism and white supremacy to explain how Hillary lost to Donald Trump will just keep reciting the same tired propaganda. Insulting people they don't even know, calling everyone that doesn't share their views racist etc. It's the same old story and same ol playbook of fear to try to win votes. Didn't work in 2016 and won't work in 2020.
I am the Googlizer!!!

AirplaneFixer

Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:02 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Magog wrote:

Doesn't matter the same people in this forum that traffic in hatred and use racism and white supremacy to explain how Hillary lost to Donald Trump will just keep reciting the same tired propaganda. Insulting people they don't even know, calling everyone that doesn't share their views racist etc. It's the same old story and same ol playbook of fear to try to win votes. Didn't work in 2016 and won't work in 2020.

Well, at least you know the people who are posting are the same people. Funny how those on the other side keep changing screen names. Why do you think that is NikV? Stand behind your postings, those on the left have no problem doing it. So on that note. Ban assault rifles, absolutely no need for them. And while your at it, ban lift kits for trucks. And yes, I’m the one who slaps the small penis/big truck bumper stickers! Internet has a ton of funny ones, google them, that’s where I got a bunch of mine. They’ve got some cool anti redneck guns n Murica ones also!!

seb146

Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:11 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Right wing postings on social media and crossing state lines to purchase a semi automatic weapon and randomly shooting into a crowd. If he were "left wing" he would have thrown a milkshake and used pepper spray.

Tugger

Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:39 pm

I didn't post anything as I figured it would be derailed and become pointless.

We need good strong solid gun control in the USA, but too many seem to believe it is an unlimited right to have/carry/use/own etc. guns. It is not. Most who argue in favor of less limits and more use of firearms have not made effective or convincing arguments.

So instead I just focus on legislation and the ballot box to correct the issue as discussion is not, at least so far has not been of any use.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

jdstJD

Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:50 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

No, we call racists racist. The views we don’t share with racists are the views that are racist. It’s not that we feel everything is racism, it’s that you all don’t feel that anything IS racism.

And yes, we shouldn’t feel shy about saying racism played a part in trump being elected. It wasn’t the only reason, but everyday, with every tweet and at more and more of his rallies, it is being made more clear just how much the simmering racism among much of his base is driving his behavior because he knows it resonates with them. You want to threaten that people talking about this will get trump re-elected, go right ahead. That says more about the people in this country who are ok with that than those who don’t want to put up with that shit.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

windy95

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:16 am

BN747 wrote:

BN747

Same with all of the US citizens killed by illegal aliens. You would think the mainstream media would cover that. Perhaps some active measures to curtail all of the citizens being murdered or killed in vehicle DUI/accidents by illegals

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/16/ille ... chemirmir/

Funny that no one starts a thread every weekend for Chicago.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2019 ... ly-29-2019

seb146

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:35 am

NoTime wrote:

Right wing propaganda has conditioned us to believe that Chicago is Obama's and Hillary's fault. Even though anyone in Illinois can buy guns or simply cross state lines and buy guns.

But, as was pointed out up the thread, there needs to be at least 15 shot dead in one place for anyone to raise an eyebrow.

seb146

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:41 am

windy95 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Same with all of the US citizens killed by illegal aliens. You would think the mainstream media would cover that. Perhaps some active measures to curtail all of the citizens being murdered or killed in vehicle DUI/accidents by illegals

You make these wild claims about "illegals DUI" and so forth but post a link to a story about a man who overstayed his visa. There are LEGAL visitors to this country who commit crimes, too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-cour ... ng-n966106

Maybe instead of screaming about the illegals, you should pressure our Congress to do something about immigration? Like taking money from the stupid vanity wall and hire people to track down those living here illegally and deport them instead of holding them in concentration camps? Find out if they are actually here legally before locking them in dog cages? Maybe get INS and ICE and Border Patrol to do their job instead of just posting racist stories about abusing other humans?

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:56 am

seb146 wrote:
windy95 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

You make these wild claims about "illegals DUI" and so forth but post a link to a story about a man who overstayed his visa. There are LEGAL visitors to this country who commit crimes, too.

Maybe instead of screaming about the illegals, you should pressure our Congress to do something about immigration? Like taking money from the stupid vanity wall and hire people to track down those living here illegally and deport them instead of holding them in concentration camps? Find out if they are actually here legally before locking them in dog cages? Maybe get INS and ICE and Border Patrol to do their job instead of just posting racist stories about abusing other humans?

And when ICE and Border Patrol do their job- the Left calls they racists and demand closing them down. So, which is it?

Second, over at the overshoot thread, the Earth is running out of ability to carry the population, implicitly demanding fewer people. Get fewer people and it’s a tragedy of the NRA’s doing. So, which is it more people or the survival of the Earth?

GF

ltbewr

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:12 am

Until the USA makes major changes in our culture as to guns, all the laws on limiting access to certain guns will be of limited benefit and will just divide the country even more.

MikeDrop

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:51 am

ltbewr wrote:
Until the USA makes major changes in our culture as to guns, all the laws on limiting access to certain guns will be of limited benefit and will just divide the country even more.

Very valid point. For me, this is a senseless tragedy. I tend to agree that limiting easy access to assault style semi-automatic weapons would make sense.

But also for me this issue isn't about guns being sacred, its about the constitution being sacred. As long as we have the right guaranteed in the constitution we will have these issues. So, repeal the right. Any US citizen who wants to get rid of assault weapons should mobilize to change the constitution. I'd vote for a change. It would take a 10 year effort and require a commitment to the process, but that would be a very good thing. Use the process that our founding fathers defined. We used the same process to ban beer for gods sake. BEER!

To a person, every man or woman I know who considers themselves a gun rights advocate believes that if their 2nd amendment rights are taken without due process (constitutional amendment) then no other rights are guaranteed. Its that simple. Hard to do, but simple.

Change the constitution and every one of them would willingly (grudgingly) turn in their guns. To do anything else just validates their fears of living under an unjust government.

So, we all understand the solution. The real question is - If you are unhappy about the lack of gun control in the US, what are you going to do to change the constitution to repeal or modify the 2nd amendment?

Mike Drop

VTKillarney

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:58 am

The other problem is that gun confiscation and buybacks don’t work. Just look at Australia and New Zealand to see how few people actually turn in their guns. In New Zealand, as of the end of June, only about 700 guns had been turned in.

Aesma

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:16 am

You're talking about countries with a million times less guns than the US...
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

WarRI1

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:47 am

A tragic day for the families and us all.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

VTKillarney

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:05 am

Aesma wrote:
You're talking about countries with a million times less guns than the US...

Your math is off.

LittleSprocket

Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:44 am

Tugger wrote:
I didn't post anything as I figured it would be derailed and become pointless.

We need good strong solid gun control in the USA, but too many seem to believe it is an unlimited right to have/carry/use/own etc. guns. It is not. Most who argue in favor of less limits and more use of firearms have not made effective or convincing arguments.

So instead I just focus on legislation and the ballot box to correct the issue as discussion is not, at least so far has not been of any use.

Tugg

Actually, people have made valid points for why we carry firearms everywhere we go. The problem with what you stated is that you think we need to prove to you why we choose to exercise our constitutionally protected rights. Believe it or not, when it says “the right of the PEOPLE to keep and hear arms SHALL NOT be infringed” is reason enough for those of us that follow the Constitution to carry everywhere we go. Nowhere does it state “but only if you have a valid purpose”.

As far as the ballot box goes, thank you for again pointing out why a lot of us that support firearms rights didn’t vote for Hillary...unlike those that call us racist or homophobic or whatever else catch phrase they have today.

CarlosSi

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:42 pm

Well, two of the victims were under 18....

As a country we have failed to keep our children safe, nevermind if the solution is liberal or conservative. I hope God will do what we cannot.

VTKillarney

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:06 pm

CarlosSi wrote:
As a country we have failed to keep our children safe

There has never been a safer time for children in the history of our country.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 746b5136d0

I am all for doing better, but we have most definitely not "failed" our children.

sw733

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:16 pm

CarlosSi wrote:

As a country we have failed to keep our children safe, nevermind if the solution is liberal or conservative. I hope God will do what we cannot.

When the country decided it was okay that 20 children got murdered in their elementary school, the gun debate in America was over. Truly sad.

einsteinboricua

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:27 pm

CarlosSi wrote:
I hope God will do what we cannot.

Events like these convince me every day that there is no such thing as God, because if God were all powerful, he would prevent this from happening. If he IS all powerful and still lets it happen, then he is a sadistic entity that prefers people suffering (because that's how much he loves you).

So keep hoping, but don't hold your breath. If the Holocaust was not prevented (to "his own people"), it's clear that, if he does exist, he won't care about a 6 year old being killed.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

LittleSprocket

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:28 pm

sw733 wrote:
CarlosSi wrote:

When the country decided it was okay that 20 children got murdered in their elementary school, the gun debate in America was over. Truly sad.

The gun debate was over when the gun grabbers decided to go after the firearm that historically accounts for less than 1% of all homicides...in the name of the children. If you noticed, they don’t go after the firearm that accounts for the vast majority of all homicides...

If you want to have an honest debate on firearms violence, let’s be honest about the statistics. According to the FBI ALL rifles (to include so-called “assault rifles”) accounted for less deaths in 2017 than those killed by hammers, knives and fists/feet. This is why you won’t get anywhere with the “think of the children” bullshit.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... able-8.xls

Tugger

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:34 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
[. The problem with what you stated is that you think we need to prove to you why we choose to exercise our constitutionally protected rights. Believe it or not, when it says “the right of the PEOPLE to keep and hear arms SHALL NOT be infringed” is reason enough for those of us that follow the Constitution to carry everywhere we go. Nowhere does it state “but only if you have a valid purpose”.

The problem is that you don't read the actual amendment and like to leave out words. You capitalize words why? And leave out the full wording why? I guess you do support and prefer judicial activism. Of course this is why so many "2nd amendment activists" are concerned. This unfettered "right" you claim was created by judges and can be undone just the same. Limits already apply to firearm use and ownership.

The amendment includes a reason for gun ownership and reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

But keep on believing what you do. Happily the nation will actually return to the original intent of the constitution and amendment. And sadly events such as these clearly demonstrate why "well regulated" is well necessary.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

CarlosSi

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:47 pm

Maybe we’ve done better overall.

Shouldn’t turn a blind eye to other problems just because the whole is good.

I’m actually in the belief that God intervenes very little in anything except by offering us his philosophy (don’t get me wrong there’s plenty of “bad stuff” in the Bible that I’m not pleased to see is taught, which is why I’m not fully a follower) to make choices in life that results in every event that happens, but I digress, I’m still not clean to fully understand.
Last edited by CarlosSi on Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LittleSprocket

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:49 pm

Tugger wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
[. The problem with what you stated is that you think we need to prove to you why we choose to exercise our constitutionally protected rights. Believe it or not, when it says “the right of the PEOPLE to keep and hear arms SHALL NOT be infringed” is reason enough for those of us that follow the Constitution to carry everywhere we go. Nowhere does it state “but only if you have a valid purpose”.

The problem is that you don't read the actual amendment and like to leave out words. You capitalize words why? And leave out the full wording why? I guess you do support and prefer judicial activism. Of course this is why so many "2nd amendment activists" are concerned. This unfettered "right" you claim was created by judges and can be undone just the same. Limits already apply to firearm use and ownership.

The amendment includes a reason for gun ownership and reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

But keep on believing what you do. Happily the nation will actually return to the original intent of the constitution and amendment. And sadly events such as these clearly demonstrate why "well regulated" is well necessary.

Tugg

Maybe you should learn some critical thinking instead of trying to throw out this nonsense. A well regulated militia in the 1700’s meant one that was well equity and in working order. There are two types of militias as per federal law, the organized and the unorganized. The organized consists of the National guard where the unorganized consists of EVERYONE else. Why do I capitalize these words? Because people like you don’t seem to grasp that when the 2nd amendment was passed by the colonies, they were afraid of a centralized government and had just repelled the British from our shores. Only an idiot would think that they would try and limit the means for the populace to defend themselves from a tyrannical government. Maybe taking a history class is in order?

Instead of trying to lecture and thinking you know what you are talking about, how about educating yourself on the matter... oh, and upholding the Constitution isn’t judicial activism, it’s the soul purpose of the Supreme Court.

“(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246

LittleSprocket

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Tugger wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Tugg

Oh and before you pull any more nonsense, remember that owning Machine Guns were completely legal up until the 1930’s when “judicial activists” declared they weren’t protected by the 2nd amendment. All throughout our history civilians owned machine guns, ships of war and artillery pieces as means of protection...but no, you want to say that the founders were wrong and you are right??? Kind of naive right there don’t you think...

Aeroflot777

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:31 pm

FTMCPIUS wrote:

Do you really think that every piece of news makes it onto A.net threads? And as others have pointed out, these shootings are daily realities for us in the USA. Here's another one to add to the list from today at a Walmart:

Shooting in Mississippi

Enjoy :roll:

Redd

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:39 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
The other problem is that gun confiscation and buybacks don’t work. Just look at Australia and New Zealand to see how few people actually turn in their guns. In New Zealand, as of the end of June, only about 700 guns had been turned in.

Yeah, total failure in Australia.... :sarcastic:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-43236421

Australians turned in more than 57,000 firearms to authorities last year during a national gun amnesty.

The three-month amnesty was the first since Australia's landmark response to a mass shooting in 1996.

seb146

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:39 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
seb146 wrote:
windy95 wrote:

And when ICE and Border Patrol do their job- the Left calls they racists and demand closing them down. So, which is it?

Second, over at the overshoot thread, the Earth is running out of ability to carry the population, implicitly demanding fewer people. Get fewer people and it’s a tragedy of the NRA’s doing. So, which is it more people or the survival of the Earth?

GF

Holding people in concentration camps, separating families and putting children in dog cages is not what Border Patrol is for. We didn't have this problem until very recently. What changed?

Second, you think mass shootings are a good thing. I am not asking. I am telling you that is what I understand your second statement to be.

casinterest

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:51 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
Tugger wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Tugg

Oh and before you pull any more nonsense, remember that owning Machine Guns were completely legal up until the 1930’s when “judicial activists” declared they weren’t protected by the 2nd amendment. All throughout our history civilians owned machine guns, ships of war and artillery pieces as means of protection...but no, you want to say that the founders were wrong and you are right??? Kind of naive right there don’t you think...

Practical machine guns didn't even exists until WW1. So within 25 years they were banned.
Where ever you go, there you are.

GDB

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:55 pm

A teen and a 6 year old were among the victims, these far right terrorists, (because if Brown and especially Muslim, the deniers on here WOULD call this perp just that), really know how to strike at the heart of 'ZOG' don't they?

Same deniers also oddly have erased right wing terrorist poster boy, Tim McVeigh, wonder why?
He also mass murdered innocents, kids included, just with explosives, 2nd worst terrorist attack in US history, (unless your on Trump's team in any shape or form, THEN some Brown Congresswoman talking back sort of takes McVeigh's place, or whatever he's twittering about on any given day.).
At least that is the impression given of Trumpian racial hysteria and hate.

MaverickM11

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:13 pm

What is there to say? It's just another crazed right winger responsible gun owner, mowing down more people. Another day ending in Y in the US of A.

MikeDrop wrote:
NoTime wrote:

Sounds like a typical weekend in Baltimore.

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/crime-ch ... city-crime

Mike Drop

How do you think Baltimore and Chicago go to be the way they are? $1 says you haven't a clue. We already know you couldn't care less.

VTKillarney wrote:

"The book, which is repeatedly recommended alongside works by Hitler and other fascists on forums like 8chan, is full of anti-Semitic, sexist and white supremacist ideology. The book glorifies “Aryan” men, condemns inter-marriage between races, and defends violence based on bogus eugenicist tropes."
Sounds like the GOP platform. But I love how one of your colleagues shoots up a mosque and you find they once recycled so zomg clearly he's a crazed environmentalist!
I don't take responsibility at all

SQ22

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:23 pm

May I remind you to keep this thread on topic, so please discuss the shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival. Thanks.

VTKillarney

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:54 pm

I have no problem admitting that the book has some traditional right wing zealot arguments. It also, however, has some traditional left-wing zealot arguments. That is why I referred to the book as an anarchist book, which is the most accurate description.

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:01 pm

Aeroflot777 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:

Do you really think that every piece of news makes it onto A.net threads? And as others have pointed out, these shootings are daily realities for us in the USA. Here's another one to add to the list from today at a Walmart:

Shooting in Mississippi

Enjoy :roll:

I attend the Gilroy Garlic Festival every 3-4 years and there has never been a fatal shooting so, yes, to me this IS news worthy of being posted on a.net. Perhaps I simply took it too personally because ONLY three innocent people were killed. I posted to show that nut jobs will even cut through a fence to bypass security to broadcast their incoherent message.

VTKillarney

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:53 pm

seb146 wrote:

Holding people in concentration camps, separating families and putting children in dog cages is not what Border Patrol is for.

If this prompted the Gilroy shooting, the blame lies with Obama for having built the cages.

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:21 pm

casinterest wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Practical machine guns didn't even exists until WW1. So within 25 years they were banned.

Mr. Gatling would disagree

LittleSprocket

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:02 am

casinterest wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

One of the very first machine guns created was the Puckle Gun patented in 1718. This firearm and others like it were widely available to the general public and not restricted by the courts in the 1930’s. To assume that the founding fathers that just fought a tyrannical government would place restrictions on the populace is asinine at best.

Now for the post, the gunman in this case was dead within a minute of him opening fire on the unarmed civilians enjoying their lives. What this shows is that an armed person at the right place at the right time can drastically change the course of a shooting for the better. People cite school shootings as a reason to restrict firearms yet fail to recognize how this proves that an armed populace will 9 times out of 10 be able to end a rampage prior to law enforcement showing up (in this case, it was law enforcement ending the rampage and mad props to them for their rapid response and neutralization of the mad man).

@OP, this is exactly why nobody mentioned this shooting. A good guy with a gun ended the rampage before it could become catastrophic and in doing so goes against most of those here’s political agenda.