KFTG
Topic Author
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:11 am

Local news in Dayton has this. Developing now.
Let me guess...thoughts and prayers?

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime--law/police-responding-active-shooting-oregon-district/dHOvgFCs726CylnDLdZQxM/
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12150
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:51 am

Two in 24 hours, must be a record.
 
bgm
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:26 am

Really need to ramp up those thoughts and prayers.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17253
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:35 am

Mass shootings are like busses - you wait ages for one, then two come along together.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:37 am

scbriml wrote:
Mass shootings are like busses - you wait ages for one, then two come along together.


And then there's that old saying "these things happen in threes".

And to be fair, we've not really been waiting ages, have we. Sadly.
 
Derico
Posts: 4312
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 1999 9:14 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:27 am

I don't know if to admire Americans for holding steadfast to their "system" when by all standards it's not really working, at least to the standards one puts of a first world society (also remember this happens weekly on a drip by drip basis in US big cities), or to think they are the dumbest example of the adage "The definition of insanity is...", at work.

If I were dictator,I would restrict both freedom of speech (anyone even writing something threatening in the slightest subject to a knock on the door and detention), and freedom of weapon ownership (massive escalation of checks and registration requirements, draconian sentences for even the smallest of crimes used with weapons), for 180 days, triple funding for mental rehab centers and make it much easier to commit people for the same amount of time, and have the military deployed in overwhelming force in all areas where the death rate with weapons is higher than 11 per 100.000. At some point, you will have to instill some outright fear in the entire population that this mentality will no longer by tolerated.
Last edited by Derico on Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down
 
User avatar
Lilienthal
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:28 am

Another young white guy who lost his mind after years of alt-right indoctrination by sites like Breitbart, 4chan and 8chan. Combined with easy access to firearms and a gun culture that caters to these insecure individuals. But of course the mere mentioning of this makes me an enemy to a sizable portion of the US society.

Insanity. Pure insanity.
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12150
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:54 am

bgm wrote:
Really need to ramp up those thoughts and prayers.


Not just thoughts and prayers, more good guys with guns are needed!
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12150
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:54 am

scbriml wrote:
Mass shootings are like busses - you wait ages for one, then two come along together.


I always though it was 3 not 2?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17253
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:55 am

Kiwirob wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Mass shootings are like busses - you wait ages for one, then two come along together.


I always though it was 3 not 2?


Maybe it's just 'Sunday service' with fewer running?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12150
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:02 am

We should take bets on another mass shooting with the next 24 hours. Ladbrooks would probably give odds on it.
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1959
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:17 am

scbriml wrote:
Mass shootings are like busses - you wait ages for one, then two come along together.


I hate bus bunching. It's caused by traffic. The 66 in Boston/Cambridge always bunches.

Lilienthal wrote:
Another young white guy who lost his mind after years of alt-right indoctrination by sites like Breitbart, 4chan and 8chan. Combined with easy access to firearms and a gun culture that caters to these insecure individuals. But of course the mere mentioning of this makes me an enemy to a sizable portion of the US society.

Insanity. Pure insanity.


I did a dive into 8Chan earlier (I need a shower), no one's found a manifesto from this one yet. We do know he was an Acacia Strain fan, that's about it.

Also found out the El Paso shooter is not 100% trumpster, he had his foot in the door as a yang ganger too.
 
User avatar
AirPacific747
Posts: 9593
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:50 am

The US is great in many ways, but so flawed in many ways as well. Wish they would get rid of all the guns or at the very least, all the assault rifles.
 
cpd
Posts: 5951
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:05 am

I thought this was a duplicate thread when I first just glanced at the topic list without paying attention to the locations. :(

Horrible.
 
WIederling
Posts: 8462
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:35 am

Kiwirob wrote:
Two in 24 hours, must be a record.


The 250th.. 251st shooting on day 216 of this year.

There must have been multiple shootings on a single day before these last two. ( about 30..35 ? )
Murphy is an optimist
 
M564038
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:57 am

It is really important to buy more guns, watch more FOX news and pray some more. That’s what all those countries without mass-shootings and massive gun crime has done.
And remember to avoid a good minimum wage, free healthcare and free higher education like a plague.
Nothing creates crime and death like a social safety net!
Last edited by M564038 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12150
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:28 pm

WIederling wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Two in 24 hours, must be a record.


The 250th.. 251st shooting on day 216 of this year.

There must have been multiple shootings on a single day before these last two. ( about 30..35 ? )


Doesn’t it say something about police culture in the US when two white guys can kill 30 people in separate incidents and still remain alive, when an unarmed black can be gunned down for often times nothing?
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
WIederling wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Two in 24 hours, must be a record.


The 250th.. 251st shooting on day 216 of this year.

There must have been multiple shootings on a single day before these last two. ( about 30..35 ? )


Doesn’t it say something about police culture in the US when two white guys can kill 30 people in separate incidents and still remain alive, when an unarmed black can be gunned down for often times nothing?

I wouldn’t make any assumptions based only on two data points.
 
johns624
Posts: 2145
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Only 9 dead. The shooter doesn't count. That's still 9 too many. Now the right will claim it was a leftist "false flag" operation and the left will say he was a Trump-loving racist when all he really was is a mentally ill loner who decided to do a terrible thing.
 
WIederling
Posts: 8462
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:38 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
I wouldn’t make any assumptions based only on two data points.


You already have 250 entries in the statistics for this year alone in the book.

Mass shootings is a WASP crime, isn't it?

Being shot for "driving while black" on the other hand ..
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17253
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:57 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
I wouldn’t make any assumptions based only on two data points.


If only it was just two data points. :sarcastic:

All those thoughts and prayers just don't seem to be working. :banghead:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
WIederling
Posts: 8462
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:06 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
So what do those 250 entries tell us in regard to shooter survival?


Sum it up yourself:
extract:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... tates#2019
apparently a full(er) list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... es_in_2019
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8800
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:43 pm

And another mass shooting in Ohio.
I feel for the victims, but nothing will happen as usual.

In this case, the good guys were there with guns. Only 10 dead , so a victory for the guns rights folks right?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
CarlosSi
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:42 pm

I don’t care who the guy voted for; the only shaming to do is the fact that, seeing how these things keep happening, that still nothing significant has changed. If it’s broken, FIX IT. There’s plenty that could be done before you even have to resort to banning a certain type of gun (nationalizing existing laws so people don’t go across states to buy something they couldn’t in their own stats, like Nevada/California).
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:08 pm

Shooter stopped in under a minute according to the cops. Could have been hundreds more killed. Just goes to show what happens when you have someone with a gun ready to confront a mad man looking to kill.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/at-least-10- ... re-reports
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 500
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:40 pm

CarlosSi wrote:
I don’t care who the guy voted for; the only shaming to do is the fact that, seeing how these things keep happening, that still nothing significant has changed. If it’s broken, FIX IT. There’s plenty that could be done before you even have to resort to banning a certain type of gun (nationalizing existing laws so people don’t go across states to buy something they couldn’t in their own stats, like Nevada/California).

It’s time to repeal the 2nd amendment. It’s totally possible. It’s the only way to create consistent and real gun laws across the country.

Mike Drop
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2857
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:48 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
Shooter stopped in under a minute according to the cops. Could have been hundreds more killed. Just goes to show what happens when you have someone with a gun ready to confront a mad man looking to kill.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/at-least-10- ... re-reports



Looks like gun owners will have plenty of chances in the future to stop people after they killed a hand full or so...... That is some strange logic.
 
910A
Posts: 1753
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:53 pm

My Congressman Andy Biggs back in April "House Judiciary Committee April 9, 2019"
white supremacist hate crimes aren’t worth focusing on.

:
 
BN747
Posts: 6536
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:54 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
CarlosSi wrote:
I don’t care who the guy voted for; the only shaming to do is the fact that, seeing how these things keep happening, that still nothing significant has changed. If it’s broken, FIX IT. There’s plenty that could be done before you even have to resort to banning a certain type of gun (nationalizing existing laws so people don’t go across states to buy something they couldn’t in their own stats, like Nevada/California).

It’s time to repeal the 2nd amendment. It’s totally possible. It’s the only way to create consistent and real gun laws across the country.

Mike Drop


Wow...sorry I'm shock and trying to pencil you in as stating something that!

I thought all MAGA dudes were like 'Guns! Guns! and more Guns!

They're gonna come for your MAGA card dude!


BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 500
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:08 pm

BN747 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
CarlosSi wrote:
I don’t care who the guy voted for; the only shaming to do is the fact that, seeing how these things keep happening, that still nothing significant has changed. If it’s broken, FIX IT. There’s plenty that could be done before you even have to resort to banning a certain type of gun (nationalizing existing laws so people don’t go across states to buy something they couldn’t in their own stats, like Nevada/California).

It’s time to repeal the 2nd amendment. It’s totally possible. It’s the only way to create consistent and real gun laws across the country.

Mike Drop


Wow...sorry I'm shock and trying to pencil you in as stating something that!

I thought all MAGA dudes were like 'Guns! Guns! and more Guns!

They're gonna come for your MAGA card dude!


BN747

What you don’t know is a lot. The bill of rights is sacred as far as I am concerned (same for every Trump supporter I know). There are legal and correct ways to change it, and any patriot would support changing the US constitution legally if the majority of US citizens support it and follow the process.

All this misfocused outrage only makes matters worse. So, if you are a US citizen and want stronger gun laws and are outraged then you should be totally focused on repealing the 2nd amendment through the process that is defined in the US constitution.

Mike Drop
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:13 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
What you don’t know is a lot. The bill of rights is sacred as far as I am concerned (same for every Trump supporter I know). There are legal and correct ways to change it, and any patriot would support changing the US constitution legally if the majority of US citizens support it and follow the process.

All this misfocused outrage only makes matters worse. So, if you are a US citizen and want stronger gun laws and are outraged then you should be totally focused on repealing the 2nd amendment through the process that is defined in the US constitution.

Mike Drop

It’s refreshing to see you actually propose a plan. Too much of what we hear is designed to be divisive without actually addressing the problem.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17253
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:20 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
Shooter stopped in under a minute according to the cops. Could have been hundreds more killed. Just goes to show what happens when you have someone with a gun ready to confront a mad man looking to kill.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/at-least-10- ... re-reports


Never mind the bodies. Pretzel logic.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Concierge
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:18 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:41 pm

johns624 wrote:
Only 9 dead. The shooter doesn't count. That's still 9 too many. Now the right will claim it was a leftist "false flag" operation and the left will say he was a Trump-loving racist when all he really was is a mentally ill loner who decided to do a terrible thing.



The shooter, his sister and her boyfriend, white. The other six dead, black. It's hard to misinterpret what happened.
 
BN747
Posts: 6536
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:59 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
BN747 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
It’s time to repeal the 2nd amendment. It’s totally possible. It’s the only way to create consistent and real gun laws across the country.

Mike Drop


Wow...sorry I'm shock and trying to pencil you in as stating something that!

I thought all MAGA dudes were like 'Guns! Guns! and more Guns!

They're gonna come for your MAGA card dude!


BN747

What you don’t know is a lot. The bill of rights is sacred as far as I am concerned (same for every Trump supporter I know). There are legal and correct ways to change it, and any patriot would support changing the US constitution legally if the majority of US citizens support it and follow the process.

All this misfocused outrage only makes matters worse. So, if you are a US citizen and want stronger gun laws and are outraged then you should be totally focused on repealing the 2nd amendment through the process that is defined in the US constitution.

Mike Drop


Hmmmmm Bill of Rights, defined in the US constitutio, majority of US citizens support it...

....does Moscow Mitch know about this?
Does Ruskie Rand have a clue?
How about Leningrad Lindsey?

...I don't think those guys are up to snuff on this stuff.


BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1933
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:29 pm

Image

Points like this are where the MSM puts their fingers in their ears and says:
"I can't hear you. I can't hear you!!"
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
Concierge
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:18 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:01 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Image

Points like this are where the MSM puts their fingers in their ears and says:
"I can't hear you. I can't hear you!!"



Please take the time to look at the sources you're criticizing, not just relying on criticism of those sources. The ongoing violence in Chicago is frequently in the news. Violent crime is down, but sadly continues. There are lessons to be learned from Chicago police and local leaders.
 
johns624
Posts: 2145
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:47 pm

Concierge wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Only 9 dead. The shooter doesn't count. That's still 9 too many. Now the right will claim it was a leftist "false flag" operation and the left will say he was a Trump-loving racist when all he really was is a mentally ill loner who decided to do a terrible thing.



The shooter, his sister and her boyfriend, white. The other six dead, black. It's hard to misinterpret what happened.
Ever been to Dayton? It's a very mixed city so in an area near downtown there may be more minorities. There appears to be one more white victim. Since the sister and her BF were killed in their car, they were the real targets and the rest were just for notoriety.
 
User avatar
CarlosSi
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:54 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Points like this are where the MSM puts their fingers in their ears and says:
"I can't hear you. I can't hear you!!"


Chicago will always be crime-ridden, at least in the foreseeable future.

I think most people can accept gang violence from happening more than these "random acts of violence". Assuming you weren't born in these places, you can avoid them or work your way out of them if you have the effort and resources (the latter usually not something the fellow right wishes to seek). The latter is something that can happen to anyone anytime, anywhere, even something as harmless as shopping at a WalMart or at a Garlic Festival....

Let's also not forget Gundiana is right next door, and California is neighbored by Nevada.

I do think it's a people problem, but lets disarm first, solve the core of the problem which will take longer overtime (this was something Trump had said before. "Take guns first. Worry about due process later").

LittleSprocket wrote:
Shooter stopped in under a minute according to the cops. Could have been hundreds more killed. Just goes to show what happens when you have someone with a gun ready to confront a mad man looking to kill.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/at-least-10- ... re-reports


If, for some reason I happen to have a gun on me, and shoot the guy dead, I will publicly respond with saying that it was not my responsibility to do what laws and law enforcement should have done in the first place, and I shouldn't have to do it again (why carry a gun then?). In that event, hopefully there will be enough time between confirming the kill and dropping my gun, hoping police do not mistake me for the shooter and shoot me dead. Or worse, some other good guy with the gun mistaking me for the shooter.

Don't get me wrong, I want there to be a good guy with a gun way more often. You're signing up for some risk when you choose to carry publicly. You can't expect everyone to carry a gun to protect themselves either, in public.
Last edited by CarlosSi on Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
alfa164
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:56 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Image
Points like this are where the MSM puts their fingers in their ears and says:
"I can't hear you. I can't hear you!!"


All the more reason to enact reasonable gun restrictions to deter the violence in Chicago - and everywhere else.

Although I am very reluctant to give any credibility to anyone who follows a provocateur and conspiracy theorist like Dinesh D'Souza...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Lilienthal wrote:
Another young white guy who lost his mind after years of alt-right indoctrination by sites like Breitbart, 4chan and 8chan. Combined with easy access to firearms and a gun culture that caters to these insecure individuals. But of course the mere mentioning of this makes me an enemy to a sizable portion of the US society.

Insanity. Pure insanity.


And how do you know this?
 
Concierge
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:18 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:41 pm

johns624 wrote:
Concierge wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Only 9 dead. The shooter doesn't count. That's still 9 too many. Now the right will claim it was a leftist "false flag" operation and the left will say he was a Trump-loving racist when all he really was is a mentally ill loner who decided to do a terrible thing.



The shooter, his sister and her boyfriend, white. The other six dead, black. It's hard to misinterpret what happened.
Ever been to Dayton? It's a very mixed city so in an area near downtown there may be more minorities. There appears to be one more white victim. Since the sister and her BF were killed in their car, they were the real targets and the rest were just for notoriety.


I visit family in Dayton often. It's just over an hour away.

"The gunman was white, six of the killed were black...' https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/04/dayton-shooting-what-we-know-now/1914559001/

'...near downtown there may be more minorities...' . A confounding statement.
 
Concierge
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:18 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:48 pm

"Let's also not forget Gundiana is right next door,...'

Sadly, my home state - and a very large part of the problem in Chicago.

'Don't get me wrong, I want there to be a good guy with a gun way more often. You're signing up for some risk when you choose to carry publicly. You can't expect everyone to carry a gun to protect themselves either, in public.'[/quote]

Gun owners are more likely to be victims of both gun violence and suicide by gun.
 
sierrakilo44
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:38 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:14 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
Lilienthal wrote:
Another young white guy who lost his mind after years of alt-right indoctrination by sites like Breitbart, 4chan and 8chan. Combined with easy access to firearms and a gun culture that caters to these insecure individuals. But of course the mere mentioning of this makes me an enemy to a sizable portion of the US society.

Insanity. Pure insanity.


And how do you know this?


https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/aug/04/mass-shootings-el-paso-texas-dayton-ohio-8chan-far-right-website
 
User avatar
Pellegrine
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:19 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:29 pm

We are here in these times and these days and our president cannot even speak to the nation. What a coward he is. He really shows his colors. The Senate needs to be reconvened. When people need leadership this president and this Senate are absent at the wheel.
oh boy, here we go!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:32 pm

The Senate should not rush to judgment. Just the opposite. They should get the facts first. And how interesting that you neglected to mention the House, which by your definition is also “absent at the wheel.”

Your President has tweeted numerous times, which is in keeping with modern times.

There is a lot to be offended about over these shootings. But these are not nearly the highest on the list. Not even close. If you feel some sense of personal satisfaction when a mass shooter turns out to have certain racial, political, gender, or religious characteristics, you need to reassess.

Politicizing these incidents helps nobody. This is a time for unity, not polarization.
 
bennett123
Posts: 8854
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:41 pm

Thoughts and prayers.

Rinse and repeat.
 
User avatar
Pellegrine
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:19 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:43 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
The Senate should not rush to judgment. Just the opposite. They should get the facts first. And how interesting that you neglected to mention the House, which by your definition is also “absent at the wheel.”

Your President has tweeted numerous times, which is in keeping with modern times.

There is a lot to be offended about over these shootings. But these are not nearly the highest on the list. Not even close. If you feel some sense of personal satisfaction when a mass shooter turns out to have certain racial, political, gender, or religious characteristics, you need to reassess.

Politicizing these incidents helps nobody. This is a time for unity, not polarization.


Nobody is interested in this line of Republican apologist behavior when there is an ongoing crisis on our hands. Republicans have blocked any debate on gun control, and this is the country we get to live with. That's a fact.
oh boy, here we go!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:53 pm

I’m still struggling to see how it’s preferable to pass sweeping legislation before the facts are in. That’s an odd way to govern.

Mind you, the Democrat controlled House could pass legislation tomorrow if they wanted. But they won’t. Or even next week. If anyone should be ashamed it’s the Democrats for talking the talk but not walking the walk. But apparently that’s fine under a double standard.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17253
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:13 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
I’m still struggling to see how it’s preferable to pass sweeping legislation before the facts are in. That’s an odd way to govern.


So what's the threshold number of mass shootings when it becomes OK to do something rather than play the same old BS "Let's not rush" card? I'm just curious. Is 250 this year alone not enough?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Concierge
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:18 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:14 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
I’m still struggling to see how it’s preferable to pass sweeping legislation before the facts are in. That’s an odd way to govern.

Mind you, the Democrat controlled House could pass legislation tomorrow if they wanted. But they won’t. Or even next week. If anyone should be ashamed it’s the Democrats for talking the talk but not walking the walk. But apparently that’s fine under a double standard.


The house passed a bill expanding background checks in February. It's up to Mitch to call it.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grizzly410, stratclub and 26 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos