User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:04 pm

extender wrote:
What I have read, he was fruitier than a Christmas nut cake. He was a prolific poster. He supported Elizabeth Warren. He had target lists for all sorts of mayhem. It won't kill you to agree with a post; not everything has to be a putdown and revisionist to cast a liberal light


But politics don't seem to be a driver here. I agree he seemed left wing, but what he targeted first was his own family.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
seb146
Posts: 20262
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:47 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
seb146 wrote:
It is looking more and more like the Dayton shooter was about mental illness and ease of access to weapons.


Nice to see you now agree it was nothing to do with racial prejudice.


For this one mass shooting. El Paso and Gilroy were both right wing domestic terror inspired by MAGA.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
extender
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:17 pm

seb146 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
seb146 wrote:
It is looking more and more like the Dayton shooter was about mental illness and ease of access to weapons.


Nice to see you now agree it was nothing to do with racial prejudice.


For this one mass shooting. El Paso and Gilroy were both right wing domestic terror inspired by MAGA.


Where's your proof?
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14184
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Even if someone close to you shows disturbing signs of wanting to do acts of violence to and signs of hatred of women, immigrants, Muslims, Jews, Blacks, Hispanics/Latinos, rich people, "Conservatives", "Liberals", many of us won't act to report them to police, get them mental health help, or prevent them from getting or possessing weapons. Denial of the truth of that person, fear of admitting they know someone with this problem, fear of losing them in their family, breaking up a family, fear of violence upon them all make it difficult to stop possible mass shooting or other violent acts. Many of those in mass killings take time to make their plans, what weapons to use, how to get away with it. They may post, as often seen, comments or postings on websites or in personal writings their anger and plans.
Still, the advice of 'see something - say something', like we are told to watch our for bombs or certain behaviors in public, could make the difference of prevent such mass killings. There was a news report earlier this week where a Grandmother turned her grandson to police due to disturbing signs of possible acts of violence by them. Tough love indeed, difficult to do but the right thing for all involved or could be.
 
seb146
Posts: 20262
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:18 am

extender wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Nice to see you now agree it was nothing to do with racial prejudice.


For this one mass shooting. El Paso and Gilroy were both right wing domestic terror inspired by MAGA.


Where's your proof?


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 952588001/

El Paso shooter "... may face federal hate crime charges"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/06/us/g ... orism.html

Gilroy: FBI Opens domestic terrorism investigation

The occupant of the White House has been spouting off about sh*thole countries and rat infested cities and send them back and attack after attack on LEGAL AMERICANS who are not white. It was just a matter of time until one of the triggered MAGA fan boys did this.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
NoTime
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:38 pm

JJJ wrote:
NoTime wrote:
JJJ wrote:

Just like 99,99% of good drivers are punished by speed limits.

Society moves at the pace of the most stupid. We can't have nice things and all that.


Perhaps... but there isn't an amendment that states the right of the people to drive their cars shall not be infringed.


The right for people to bear arms isn't infringed if you make all magazines (internal or external) holding more than, say, 3 rounds illegal.


There are some federal judges who disagree with you.
 
JJJ
Posts: 3257
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:12 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:37 am

NoTime wrote:
JJJ wrote:
NoTime wrote:

Perhaps... but there isn't an amendment that states the right of the people to drive their cars shall not be infringed.


The right for people to bear arms isn't infringed if you make all magazines (internal or external) holding more than, say, 3 rounds illegal.


There are some federal judges who disagree with you.


The last decision is quite firm that banning high capacity magazine is OK.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/articl ... 152233.php

This last bit is especially relevant today.

The judge cited congressional findings that semiautomatic rifles have a rate of fire, 300 to 500 rounds per minute, that makes them “virtually undistinguishable”from machine guns, and that they are the “weapons of choice” for gangs, hate groups, and “mentally deranged persons bent on mass murder.”
 
seb146
Posts: 20262
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:32 pm

This is the time of year for county and state fairs and regional celebrations. Many people are thinking twice about going to these events as they do not want to be the next victims. It is sad we have come to this as a nation. We can not even celebrate our own neighborhood peacefully. All because a few people must have high powered weapons.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:02 pm

seb146 wrote:
This is the time of year for county and state fairs and regional celebrations. Many people are thinking twice about going to these events as they do not want to be the next victims. It is sad we have come to this as a nation. We can not even celebrate our own neighborhood peacefully. All because a few people must have high powered weapons.


I made a post in the NRA thread and this is exactly my point. We are so afraid of giving up any freedoms when it comes to guns and the second amendment that we have forgotten we are already losing freedoms like freedom of assembly. Soft targets are so ripe for this that cant go to a fair or outdoor concert or streets like Times Square where a motorcycle backfire sent everyone into a stampede. I am ready to make some changes and I own guns I would give them all up in a minute to save another mass shooting from happening again. But like anything government does it always winds up not fixing anything but I am willing to try.
 
seb146
Posts: 20262
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:27 pm

stratosphere wrote:
seb146 wrote:
This is the time of year for county and state fairs and regional celebrations. Many people are thinking twice about going to these events as they do not want to be the next victims. It is sad we have come to this as a nation. We can not even celebrate our own neighborhood peacefully. All because a few people must have high powered weapons.


I made a post in the NRA thread and this is exactly my point. We are so afraid of giving up any freedoms when it comes to guns and the second amendment that we have forgotten we are already losing freedoms like freedom of assembly. Soft targets are so ripe for this that cant go to a fair or outdoor concert or streets like Times Square where a motorcycle backfire sent everyone into a stampede. I am ready to make some changes and I own guns I would give them all up in a minute to save another mass shooting from happening again. But like anything government does it always winds up not fixing anything but I am willing to try.


I make a point of only talking about high capacity weapons. There is a very specific reason for that. Many Democrats agree. However, NRA supporters think that any restrictions is a slippery slope. If you stop and think about it, we never had any mass shootings this bad before high capacity weapons like have been used in the last 5 years.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
N1611B
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, 10 Dead

Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:44 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
WIederling wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Two in 24 hours, must be a record.


The 250th.. 251st shooting on day 216 of this year.

There must have been multiple shootings on a single day before these last two. ( about 30..35 ? )


Doesn’t it say something about police culture in the US when two white guys can kill 30 people in separate incidents and still remain alive, when an unarmed black can be gunned down for often times nothing?


Not really. The crime you commit leading up to your arrest is largely irrelevant. I can steal a nickel from a store, but if I pull a gun on the first cop I see, I'm probably going to get shot. Just like you can shoot 1,000 people, but if you are unarmed and surrender when the police make contact with you, you're probably not going to get shot.

In El Paso, the police didn't know where the gunman was. He literally just walked up (unarmed) to a cop that was guarding the perimeter and said "I was the shooter" and immediately surrendered. In Dayton, the police killed the gunman after less than a minute.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alias1024, SanDiegoLover, stratclub, Veigar, zrs70 and 23 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos