NIKV69
Topic Author

Burger King tacos?

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:20 pm

I am going on a limb here and think I can get BN747 to agree with me. He lives in SoCal so he knows Jacks' tacos are the best. Not sure what BK is attempting here but they look like they are ripping off Jacks. I almost don't want to try them.

Has anyone tried them?
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

aeromoe

Re: Burger King tacos?

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:47 pm

Here in AZ I tried my first one two weeks ago. So disappointed it looked vaguely like the photo on the drive-through menu and everything like a Jack In The Box taco. Now, I have had JITB tacos before and know what they are. This BK taco IS a JITB taco-look alike. Very disappointed it didn't look like the menu photo. I will follow up with I do eat JITB tacos on purpose...when I want that type of taco. They're not the best, but they're edible.
AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR BY B6 CO CP(2) DG DL EA EI EN FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(1) OZ(2) PA PI PT QF QQ RM RO RV(1) RV(2) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(2) ZZ 9K

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:48 am

aeromoe wrote:
Here in AZ I tried my first one two weeks ago. So disappointed it looked vaguely like the photo on the drive-through menu and everything like a Jack In The Box taco. Now, I have had JITB tacos before and know what they are. This BK taco IS a JITB taco-look alike. Very disappointed it didn't look like the menu photo. I will follow up with I do eat JITB tacos on purpose...when I want that type of taco. They're not the best, but they're edible.

Yes I noticed BK trying for the Jack's taco look I may try one soon. Jacks tacos are unique and are one of a kind!

BN747

Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:07 am

NIKV69 wrote:
I am going on a limb here and think I can get BN747 to agree with me. He lives in SoCal so he knows Jacks' tacos are the best. Not sure what BK is attempting here but they look like they are ripping off Jacks. I almost don't want to try them.

Has anyone tried them?

I'll have to defer to your expertise here Nik...my only Fast Food interest is limited only to Wendy's baconator - that's it.
I actually make my own tacos but more of a burrito guy because I really don't think a Fast Food joint other than Taco Bell or Del Taco can really do tacos justice.

I dunno, can they compete?

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Concierge

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:13 am

BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Has anyone tried them?

I'll have to defer to your expertise here Nik...my only Fast Food interest is limited only to Wendy's baconator - that's it.
I actually make my own tacos but more of a burrito guy because I really don't think a Fast Food joint other than Taco Bell or Del Taco can really do tacos justice.

BN747

We had Jack in the Box here in Indianapolis for less than a year. I indulged my childhood memories of the Jack's tacos at every turn, then one day they were gone.
BK? Meh. Nothing like the commercials. Come back Jack!

TWA772LR

Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:07 am

Havent tried BKs tacos but there were many a night in college where i lived of off Jacks 2 for $.99 and when you pair those up with a Coke with lime from the Coke Freestyle machine im in hog heaven! I also learned they actually dont taste terrible when nuked in the microwave the next day!
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

readytotaxi

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:30 am

Can we get a picture of a Jacks Taco, for those of us who don't know what they are missing?
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

trpmb6

Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:21 pm

Jack in the box is just one of those staples where everything they have is sort of unique to the industry. That's what makes them great.

To be fair, all of my favorite fast food places have their own unique flair for their menu items.

This is a clear violation of the unspoken fast food chain lines. BK needs to stick with their chicken fries and whoppers and lay off the tacos.

slider

Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Burger King tacos are, in all certainty, are a crime against humanity.

On this, I believe we can all unite.

OA412

Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:22 pm

Didn't Burger King sell tacos for a brief period in the past? I could have sworn I saw them on their menu, but I have only eaten at BK maybe once in the last 5 years, so I could be wrong. And I agree with another poster. Tacos from BK is a crime against humanity.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

VTKillarney

Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:33 pm

I don’t care who makes a taco as long as it’s good. Why would I?

The odds of a Burger King taco being good, however...

NoTime

Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:40 pm

I tried one of the BK tacos last week... it tasted pretty much exactly like you would expect a BK taco to taste. (and that's not a good thing)

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever had, but you can probably go to just about any other fast food place and get something better.

727LOVER

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:59 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Has anyone tried them?

I've sadly eaten around 10-15 in the last month

VTKillarney wrote:
I don’t care who makes a taco as long as it’s good. Why would I?

The odds of a Burger King taco being good, however...

If comparing it to a real Mexican restaurant....but otherwise, they're OK. I actually enjoy them more than TACO BELL

As a matter of fact, it's almost dinner time.....MMMMMMM :spin:

https://people.com/food/burger-king-new ... ne-dollar/
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:07 pm

BN747 wrote:

BN747

Wendy's makes a good burger but as of late I only eat their grilled avocado chicken sandwich and salads they are good! I am surprised you don't go to In-N-Out and Chick Fil A more they are quite good.

Well I tried the BK taco and it sucks! It is a rip off of Jacks in fact they are pressed together the same way but meat and taste is bad.

To be clear I don't think Jacks is a real taco but they have that taste you crave. In fact there is a Jacks right near the Orleans in Vegas and I always get two tacos before a day time poker session.

I will say Del Taco is leaps and bounds above Taco Hell

seb146

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:30 am

In order of "Mexican" fast food, for me is:

1) Taco John
2) Del Taco
3) Taco Bell

The first two are not even close to us.

As far as Burger King, what they sell are not tacos. Not even close. The three I mention at least make an effort. BK sells the same grease balls with a slice of cheese as Jack In The Box. Not tacos at all.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BN747

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:04 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Wendy's makes a good burger but as of late I only eat their grilled avocado chicken sandwich and salads they are good! I am surprised you don't go to In-N-Out and Chick Fil A more they are quite good.

Well I tried the BK taco and it sucks! It is a rip off of Jacks in fact they are pressed together the same way but meat and taste is bad.

To be clear I don't think Jacks is a real taco but they have that taste you crave. In fact there is a Jacks right near the Orleans in Vegas and I always get two tacos before a day time poker session.

I will say Del Taco is leaps and bounds above Taco Hell

I did and got over Inn-n-Out a long time ago..but every once in awhile hanging out at LAX, you just gotta give in. But not frequently at all if 'once a year'.

As for BK, I can count on one hand how many visits I've been on one hand. I've never liked their burgers, fries...nothing from them. I believe your take on their Tacos no further investigation required.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:55 pm

seb146 wrote:
In order of "Mexican" fast food, for me is:

1) Taco John
2) Del Taco
3) Taco Bell

The first two are not even close to us.

As far as Burger King, what they sell are not tacos. Not even close. The three I mention at least make an effort. BK sells the same grease balls with a slice of cheese as Jack In The Box. Not tacos at all.

The taco john near me in NY is horrible, So bland. Del taco craps on them.

BN747 wrote:

I did and got over Inn-n-Out a long time ago..but every once in awhile hanging out at LAX, you just gotta give in. But not frequently at all if 'once a year'.

As for BK, I can count on one hand how many visits I've been on one hand. I've never liked their burgers, fries...nothing from them. I believe your take on their Tacos no further investigation required.

BN747

You are right it's not a real taco but Jacks makes it so good as they do all their food. BK makes a good burger the whopper is biblcal I am little confused with their new stuff the taste is a little off to me. As I said I mostly do the chicken at Wendys now if I want hardcore fast food burger here in the east I will get the wendys classic or Whopper but I have cut down on that.

jdstJD

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:27 pm

I had a weird reaction when I saw BK first advertise their tacos. I was irritated. First thought was “why would they venture into something other than what they are known for and what they do best: flame grilled burgers?” Accordingly, I had refused to try them. I’m passionate like that when it comes to food.

I’m with BN747 and NIKV69 re. Wendy’s. They are may favorite fast food place. Their Dave’s double (which is now # 1 double :roll: )with xtra mayo is my go-to item. Next is their apple pecan salad. OMG delish. However, Micky D’s fries are to die for. If I could get the daves double with md ‘s fries in one combo I would be so giddy.

Sorry for the hijack. I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to give a shout out to Wendy’s.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

afcjets

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:46 pm

I like Tijuana Flats hard shell beef taco which is a Florida based chain. It turns out there was one in SNA and I didn't even know it, at the Kaleidoscope in Mission Viejo. Even though it is in a high profile location overlooking the 5 freeway at Crown Valley Parkway, everything eventually fails there including El Torrito, Bristol Farms, and even Crunch about 15 years ago. TJ Flats has a hot sauce bar with over 20 different kinds of hot sauce, yet they charge for salsa.

IIRC there was a full service restaurant in Laguna Beach on PCH with the same name in the 1990s which was abandoned for years until Mozambique opened. They are totally unrelated.

jdstJD

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:02 pm

afcjets wrote:
I like Tijuana Flats hard shell beef taco which is a Florida based chain. It turns out there was one in SNA and I didn't even know it, at the Kaleidoscope in Mission Viejo. Even though it is in a high profile location overlooking the 5 freeway at Crown Valley Parkway, everything eventually fails there including El Torrito, Bristol Farms, and even Crunch about 15 years ago. TJ Flats has a hot sauce bar with over 20 different kinds of hot sauce, yet they charge for salsa.

IIRC there was a full service restaurant in Laguna Beach on PCH with the same name in the 1990s which was abandoned for years until Mozambique opened. They are totally unrelated.

We should start a anet version of “diners drive-ins and dives” thread (from food network). People can list what they believe to be the best places to eat throughout the country. Local, chain, whatever. It’ll get us away from politics for a while :) I would but I have to get back to work.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:08 am

jdstJD wrote:
I had a weird reaction when I saw BK first advertise their tacos. I was irritated. First thought was “why would they venture into something other than what they are known for and what they do best: flame grilled burgers?” Accordingly, I had refused to try them. I’m passionate like that when it comes to food.

I’m with BN747 and NIKV69 re. Wendy’s. They are may favorite fast food place. Their Dave’s double (which is now # 1 double :roll: )with xtra mayo is my go-to item. Next is their apple pecan salad. OMG delish. However, Micky D’s fries are to die for. If I could get the daves double with md ‘s fries in one combo I would be so giddy.

Sorry for the hijack. I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to give a shout out to Wendy’s.

It's not a hijack we are talking fast food I am glad Wendy's is here in the east because with the exception of Chick Fil A most of it sucks here. I love when I out west where the food is much better.

jdstJD wrote:

We should start a anet version of “diners drive-ins and dives” thread (from food network). People can list what they believe to be the best places to eat throughout the country. Local, chain, whatever. It’ll get us away from politics for a while :) I would but I have to get back to work.

I like it!

zakuivcustom

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:47 am

Sigh...make me miss Texas. Even for Fast Food (some Americanized one) I can easily pick between Fuzzy's, Torchy's, or even Taco Cabana (Ok, the last one is meh...), not to mention all the real tacos I can get from Mexican joints or Taco Trucks :(.

Oh, and it's hard to find a JITB in Indiana also.

Back to topic - I just tried BK taco the other day, and well, it's better than Taco Bell but that's about it.

P.S. Wendy's definitely has the best burger of nationwide burger chain. Nothing beats Whataburger, though (Especially their Chicken Strip).

rlwynn

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:15 pm

afcjets wrote:

That was Tortilla Flats.

Also, Burger King had tacos back in the 80's, at least in SoCal.
I can drive faster than you

johns624

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:31 pm

My first real job was at a JITB here in Detroit. They closed down not too long after I quit. My wife is from LAX and every year when we got out to visit her family, I have to get my taco fix.