LittleSprocket
Topic Author

Biden says he's coming for assault weapons

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:05 am

The story says it all. Ever wonder why you won’t get an inch leftists when it comes to the 2nd amendment? Exhibit A... When the government tries to dictate what can and can’t be owned by the populace, you no longer live in a free society.

“The said Constitution [shall] be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” — Massachusetts` U.S. Constitution ratification convention, 1788

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves . . . and include all men capable of bearing arms. . . To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms… The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle.” — Additional Letters From The Federal Farmer, 1788

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... -shootings

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... edirect=on

When the government advocates to make previously law abiding citizens felons over night... that’s how you know you live in a tyrannical state.

casinterest

Re: Biden says he's coming for assault weapons

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:09 am

And here comes the NRA puppet articles.
The hysterics and over the top gas-lighting is strong in this thread.

Assault -weapons ban does not infringe on the right to own guns anymore.
Where ever you go, there you are.

dragon-wings

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:11 am

Good! Assault weapons has no place in the populace.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

alfa164

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:20 am

Assault weapons are - and were meant to be - weapons of war. Just as we ban machine guns, gattling guns, and howitzers - to name a few - we have every right to include assault rifles in that list.

The histrionics of the gun fanatics aside, it is a policy that is supported by an overwhelming majority of the American people - and what is more "American"than following the will of the people?
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

AirplaneFixer

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:25 am

If you suffer from any mental illness including PTSD which is major one. You should not be allowed to own ANY firearm until you are deemed "stable" by a panel of Psychiatrists. If you were involved in any of the conflicts overseas since 9/11 it should be mandatory that you are deemed "stable" by said Psychiatrists. Lastly, if you've ever been prescribed anti-depressants it should be entered into a national database that can be checked by firearm sellers and be included as a major negative during a background check.
Last edited by AirplaneFixer on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaverickM11

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:27 am

Trump just banned bump stocks so...where is the issue?
E pur si muove -Galileo

NIKV69

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:39 am

Joe needs Ohio this does not help his achieve this.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

einsteinboricua

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:02 am

NIKV69 wrote:

I think Ohioans would agree that assault weapons have no place in society, considering they just experienced a mass shooting at one of their cities. If Ohioans are only concerned about guns and not the many broken promises by Trump, I have a forest in the Sahara I'd like to show them.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

LittleSprocket
Topic Author

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:08 am

AirplaneFixer wrote:
If you suffer from any mental illness including PTSD which is major one. You should not be allowed to own ANY firearm until you are deemed "stable" by a panel of Psychiatrists. If you were involved in any of the conflicts overseas since 9/11 it should be mandatory that you are deemed "stable" by said Psychiatrists. Lastly, if you've ever been prescribed anti-depressants it should be entered into a national database that can be checked by firearm sellers and be included as a major negative during a background check.

Tell me something, what other rights do you wish to be deemed stable before you can exercise them? I’m going to go along your line of thought and state that voting should also require passing an economics/civics test as well as submitting ones social media profile for review. That alone would cut down on the Democrat voting base, especially with how they go into hysterics ever since Trump won and their chosen one lost.

Let’s get the infringements on constitutional rights commence!

LittleSprocket
Topic Author

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:09 am

casinterest wrote:

The second link was from the left leaning Washington Post... want to try again? He stated this plain as day during an interview on CNN. Maybe read the articles instead of dropping off the usual leftist talking points when someone posts something factual that goes against your point of view.

LittleSprocket
Topic Author

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:11 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I think Ohioans would agree that assault weapons have no place in society, considering they just experienced a mass shooting at one of their cities. If Ohioans are only concerned about guns and not the many broken promises by Trump, I have a forest in the Sahara I'd like to show them.

You would be wrong in that assumption. Most Ohioans I know (I grew up there after All) believe in being able to defend oneself vice waiting for the cops to respond. It took the police 6 minutes to respond in El Paso...but a good guy with a gun could have responded a LOT quicker than that thus saving lives.

casinterest

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:12 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
casinterest wrote:

The second link was from the left leaning Washington Post... want to try again? He stated this plain as day during an interview on CNN. Maybe read the articles instead of dropping off the usual leftist talking points when someone posts something factual that goes against your point of view.

Still doesn't explain your rant in the OP.
Also it doesn't matter the source. The issue is still the same. NRA backed bs pieces.

LittleSprocket
Topic Author

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:14 am

alfa164 wrote:
Assault weapons are - and were meant to be - weapons of war. Just as we ban machine guns, gattling guns, and howitzers - to name a few - we have every right to include assault rifles in that list.

The histrionics of the gun fanatics aside, it is a policy that is supported by an overwhelming majority of the American people - and what is more "American"than following the will of the people?

Yes, assault rifles are weapons of war and currently they aren’t available on the market without paying a tax to Uncle Sam. Maybe you meant modern sporting rifles? What you fail to comprehend with that logic is that the 2nd amendment was designed to ensure the local population could defend themselves against an invading force...hence why weapons of war are guaranteed to the public by the Constitution.

Aaron747

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:14 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
The story says it all. Ever wonder why you won’t get an inch leftists when it comes to the 2nd amendment? Exhibit A... When the government tries to dictate what can and can’t be owned by the populace, you no longer live in a free society.

“The said Constitution [shall] be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” — Massachusetts` U.S. Constitution ratification convention, 1788

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves . . . and include all men capable of bearing arms. . . To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms… The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle.” — Additional Letters From The Federal Farmer, 1788

When the government advocates to make previously law abiding citizens felons over night... that’s how you know you live in a tyrannical state.

Kindly explain how you would answer, citing the above quotes from 1788 and guarding against a ‘tyrannical state’ when a federal or SCOTUS justice asks the following in court:

‘in what measurable sense do the modern incarnation of assault weapons form a necessary and proper element of a public militia?’ and ‘by what armed mechanism can you currently identify federal actions exercised as instruments of a purported tyrannical state?’
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

LittleSprocket
Topic Author

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:16 am

casinterest wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Also it doesn't matter the source. The issue is still the same. NRA backed bs pieces.

Actually it does so want to try again? Biden and the other democrats are claiming they are coming for assault rifles...hence why we will never submit to registration or your so-called universal background checks. Go ahead and keep saying it’s NRA paranoia though, the fact that the democrats have been going after these since the 80’s tells a different story than what you are trying to portray.

casinterest

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:17 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
casinterest wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Actually it does so want to try again? Biden and the other democrats are claiming they are coming for assault rifles...hence why we will never submit to registration or your so-called universal background checks. Go ahead and keep saying it’s NRA paranoia though, the fact that the democrats have been going after these since the 80’s tells a different story than what you are trying to portray.

How does coming for ASSAULT rifles violate Americans 2nd Amendment rights? ASSAULT indicates they are not used for self-defense.
I know it is NRA paranoia when you ignore the dictionary,

NIKV69

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:19 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Assault weapon is just a media hyped term for semi automatic rifle. Which encompasses a large group of guns. If we ban high capacity clips it will lead to more push to get rid of guns with smaller ammo capability. The liberal goal is to wipe society of all guns like Europe. Which can never happen in this country. As far as your assessment of the OH voter I tend to disagree.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

Dieuwer

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:19 am

The title at least is correct: "BIden SAYS".
Never mind what's he is actually doing....right?

seb146

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:27 am

Oh, heavens! One of the 20+ candidates running for the Democratic nomination said something way out there to get his name in the headlines! The right is eating this up and insisting this is actually a thing. Someone who has zero power is doing something.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

flipdewaf

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:29 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
Exhibit A... When the government tries to dictate what can and can’t be owned by the populace, you no longer live in a free society.
can you own people?

Can you own a nuclear missile? If not then it is not a question of benig allowed to draw a line it is a question of where the line is drawn surely.

Fred

AirplaneFixer

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:32 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
AirplaneFixer wrote:

Tell me something, what other rights do you wish to be deemed stable before you can exercise them? I’m going to go along your line of thought and state that voting should also require passing an economics/civics test as well as submitting ones social media profile for review. That alone would cut down on the Democrat voting base, especially with how they go into hysterics ever since Trump won and their chosen one lost.

Nope, just what I mentioned in my original post. If you have ANY mental health condition you need the written consent of a panel of psychiatrists before you are allowed to purchase a firearm. If you suffer from PTSD you should be placed in a higher "threat" level and would be required to attend, at the minimum, 2 years of verified therapy. People who suffer from military PTSD are the most dangerous individuals, and if it was up to me, the biggest weapon you could ever own would be a bow and arrow.

alfa164

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:44 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
Go ahead and keep saying it’s NRA paranoia though, the fact that the democrats have been going after these since the 80’s tells a different story than what you are trying to portray.

It is not only "NRA paranoia"; it is also a few noisy insecure ammosexuals who think showing a big gun can make up for having a small penis...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

stl07

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:49 am

And suddenly, all the righties have gotten all rilled up over a candidate fox and even many in the left were saying is now mostly forgotten about, playing right into his hands...
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

dmg626

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:02 am

The only thing he’s going to take from anyone is adult diapers and Aircept. Time to pack it in and enjoy retirement Joe

jdstJD

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:14 am

LittleSprocket wrote:

None of the rights guaranteed under the Constitution, including the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 10th, and the 14th, are absolute and are subject to reasonable exceptions. This has been the position of the U.S. Supreme Court for over a century. Reasonable restrictions placed on the 2nd Amendment would be appropriate, necessary, and upheld by the Supreme Court. The Court would also hold, as they have in multiple cases in which this question was raised, that standards and ideologies that applied in the early centuries of the country through which these Amendments were analyzed at that time do not necessarily apply in modern times as the nation has developed in such ways as to render those standards and ideologies obsolete and in most cases would yield irrational results if applied in the same ways today.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

stratclub

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:58 am

Dieuwer wrote:

Joe isn't coming for anything except a fresh change of Depends. Wake up Democrats. Orange man bad, Socialism and free stuff for illegal aliens isn't going to carry the day in 2020.

On topic, the narrative should be changed to firearm responsibility instead of gun control. you will notice that Joe's statement is nothing more than a talking point in he is just saying something that might get him some votes. I doubt if he even knows what an assault rifle is.

WarRI1

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:01 am

stratclub wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Joe isn't coming for anything except a fresh change of Depends. Wake up Democrats. Orange man bad, Socialism and free stuff for illegal aliens isn't going to carry the day in 2020.

On topic, the narrative should be changed to firearm responsibility instead of gun control. you will notice that Joe's statement is nothing more than a talking point in he is just saying something that might get him some votes. I doubt if he even knows what an assault rifle is.

And what the hell do you think every other politician does, including that Moron you guys worship.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Jetty

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:09 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle.” — Additional Letters From The Federal Farmer, 1788

What does THE FEDERAL FARMER have to do with weapons that weren't even available in 1788? And who are the 'select militia' being aimed at? :roll:

Also I'm sure that any ban wouldn't apply over night. Most western countries aren't 'tyrannical states' but a whole lot more safe than the great US of A. Something to aim for I'd say.

Redd

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:04 am

LittleSprocket wrote:

Key thing to look at there is 1778. In case you happen to be unaware, much has changed in the past 241 years and there is no such thing, and will never be, a need for a militia of men to rise up against the tyranny of your government. No matter how much you fantasize about it.

I look at the problem quite simply, is your right to want to be Rambo more important than my right to feel safe from war fantasists with guns such as yourself? Especially in today's turbulent and divided times where hate leads to more than one mass shooting per day? I say no, I say my right to feel safe is much more important than your fantasies and weapons fetishes.

If you want to feel like a tough guy then go to the gym, learn some boxing or MMA. It'll be better for your health and the endorphins might remove some of the deeply embedded anger you seem to have.

Dutchy

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:43 am

LittleSprocket wrote:

Everybody excepts restrictions, the only thing is where you lay the line. Assault weapons for the general populations? Ridiculous, no sane person believes in that this is a weapon suited for the general public and that it has a role in society, other than in the hands of professionals.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

extender

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:06 am

It is very simple, the government cannot infringe on the rights of the people. Your feelings don't make you morally superior. I don't belong to the NRA, demeaning them doesn't get you anywhere, unless we're referring to your own mind. This is tyrannical, plain and simple.

Biden is a post turtle, with the intellect of a week-old cow patty. Biden will not get anywhere. Disarmament doesn't work well. As the story goes, there are over 500 million firearms in the populace's hands, and trillions of rounds of ammunition. If firearms were the problem, you would know about it.

Olddog

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:02 am

extender wrote:
If firearms were the problem, you would know about it.

Is it a joke ?
When UK was in it wanted a lot of opt-outs, now it is out it wants opt-ins

extender

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:07 am

No, not a joke. What is repulsive is the talking heads insisting on more measures, when they can't even solve the Chicago issues. More laws will not change anything.

ltbewr

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:21 am

If you really wanted to end the carnage from guns in the USA, go after handguns. They specifically and primarily exist and designed to kill humans. They dominate the use of guns in suicides, homicides and injuries. Handguns are by far the dominate form of gun used in robberies, family disputes and violence, gang/drug related acts and yes, in school, workplace and other mass/multiple victim acts.
Of course no politician with a brain in this country wants to lose so eventually back off supporting banning any or all guns.

Olddog

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:22 am

I am (rather was ) a hunter. I never needed more than caliber 12 with max 3 ammos. Assault rifles should be banned, there is no legitimate reason to own one besides some mental insecurity.

extender

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:42 am

ltbewr wrote:
They specifically and primarily exist and designed to kill humans.

A firearm is a tool, nothing more, nothing less. This statement is absurd. The firearm doesn't kill, it is the projectile. Some projectiles are more effective than others.

Olddog wrote:
I am (rather was ) a hunter. I never needed more than caliber 12 with max 3 ammos. Assault rifles should be banned, there is no legitimate reason to own one besides some mental insecurity.

Good for you. Assault rifles are very difficult to obtain, but you characterize weapons with a blanket, and that is why a legitimate discussion is a no-go, when the end-game is confiscation and elimination. Using "mental insecurity," or whatever put down you wish to use nullifies your argument. And what is caliber 12? What is 3 ammos?

scbriml

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:53 pm

extender wrote:
No, not a joke. What is repulsive is the talking heads insisting on more measures

No, what is a joke is continuing to ignore mass shootings with a shug of the shoulders and saying "Well, what can you do? Rights."

extender wrote:
A firearm is a tool, nothing more, nothing less. This statement is absurd.

You're right, your statement is absurd. What is the purpose of your handgun "tool"? Are you reading directly from the NRA playbook?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Olddog

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:58 pm

extender wrote:
And what is caliber 12? What is 3 ammos?

Example Remington 1100 12 gauges with 3 bullets max in it for wild boars.

extender

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:58 pm

No, if you would have read above, that question would have been answered for you. A handgun can do a variety of things, it can put food on the table, can keep one from being prey; a multitude of things.

extender

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:01 pm

Guage and caliber are two different things. You may have not needed anything more than 2 3/4 12 ga.,but what if I want to hunt geese, with a 10ga, then what. Always something bigger and better to make the task more efficient.

Olddog

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:03 pm

Yes because theses geese are so dangerous :)

fallap

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:07 pm

Too bad those gunned down in one senseless shooting spree after the other can't have all that freedom you advocate.
Ex grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M
Now studying Political Science

extender

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:22 pm

fallap wrote:
Too bad those gunned down in one senseless shooting spree after the other can't have all that freedom you advocate.

Same can be said of the Armenian Genocide.

extender

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Olddog wrote:
Yes because theses geese are so dangerous :)

But not as dangerous as your wild boars. Why not hunt them with sharpened sticks?

einsteinboricua

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:24 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
The liberal goal is to wipe society of all guns like Europe. Which can never happen in this country. As far as your assessment of the OH voter I tend to disagree.

1. Seems that Europe is a decent place to live. How many mass shootings have happened this year over there?
2. If it's something that can never happen, then it can't be a goal.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Aaron747

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:28 pm

extender wrote:
It is very simple, the government cannot infringe on the rights of the people. Your feelings don't make you morally superior. I don't belong to the NRA, demeaning them doesn't get you anywhere, unless we're referring to your own mind. This is tyrannical, plain and simple.

Same question posed before:

Kindly explain how you would answer, citing militia quotes from 1788 and guarding against a ‘tyrannical state’ when a federal or SCOTUS justice asks the following in court:

‘in what measurable sense do the modern incarnation of assault weapons form a necessary and proper element of a public militia?’ and ‘by what armed mechanism can you currently identify federal actions exercised as instruments of a purported tyrannical state?’
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

extender

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:59 pm

How would freedom of the press from 1788 work out today?

Reinhardt

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:07 pm

extender wrote:
... More laws will not change anything.

The rest of the civilised world disagrees with you, and has proof.

Tugger

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:11 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
AirplaneFixer wrote:

All rights have limits and controls on them. The 2nd Amendment is no different, even now. There are numerous rules in place to own and acquire a firearm, these will continue into the future.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

extender

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Reinhardt wrote:
extender wrote:
... More laws will not change anything.

The rest of the civilised world disagrees with you, and has proof.

Really, explain how that works in Chicago and Baltimore? Proof, you say? I call. Show the proof.