extender

Re: Guns violence: Politicans secretly love it

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:55 am

So you have to label people because they don't agree with? Personal attacks, really? I keep my family safe to the best of my ability. When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

olle

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:59 am

According to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... death_rate USA has a murder rate of 4.8 per 100 000 people.

Most of Europe has below 1. Trumps "what happend in Sweden" example has exactly 1.

If the rest of western world got an increase of murder rate from 1 to 4.8 -> 480% I supposed ministers would be sacked and military patrolling the streets.

extender

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:30 am

If guns are the issue, why aren't there women mass shooters? It is hate and a deranged mind. Nothing more.

olle

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:49 am

extender wrote:
If guns are the issue, why aren't there women mass shooters? It is hate and a deranged mind. Nothing more.

One fire needs both air and fuel.

Sadly during history men kills.

Not big surprise?

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:27 pm

scbriml wrote:
Nobody chooses to get ill and die. Nobody chooses to have an accident and die. Surgeons and doctors don't chose to make mistakes and cause deaths. On the other hand, heavily armed mass shooters absolutely choose to kill. It's not even a subtle difference.

I’m glad to see you agree that it’s the person and their intent that’s the problem, not the weapon.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:37 pm

casinterest wrote:
What purpose do your "guns" serve for you ? Guns are a tool designed to kill. Other than Car/Truck bombs which are illegal, these other items do not have the main design intention of death and harm

The maniac in Charlottesville who mowed down that crowd was driving a high performance sports car. Why did he “need” a 500HP engine? The car had an aggressive look; why did it “need” one? It was capable of speeds in excess of 150MPH, yet that’s not legal on public streets. Why was that car allowed to exist, as no one “needed” that level of performance?

Fact is that some people just choose the performance level and appearance of the things they want based on personal preference, which they’re entitled to. And the purpose of those preferences are irrelevant unless they’re misused, at which time we punish the misuse, not stop everyone’s access or cease the object from being produced.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:44 pm

casinterest wrote:
extender wrote:
Only to you. I do not hunt fowl, but do enjoy trap & skeet. We'll agree to disagree.

And do you need a semi Automatic with bump stock and more than 10 bullet magazines to do that?

Where is it called the Bill of Needs, exactly?

Tell me this; did you “need” whatever you ate for dinner last night? Wouldn’t vitamin supplements, water, and a protein shake have provided all your body needed?

Or was your choice based on personal preference and flavor instead of nutrition?

If you’re prepared to be ok with government dictating to people what they can or cannot have based solely on “need,” be prepared to have other personal choices dictated to you on that same basis.

So forget about that chicken parmigiana with linguine and a glass of wine; you’re fine with a protein shake, a salad, and a bottle of water.

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:20 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
What purpose do your "guns" serve for you ? Guns are a tool designed to kill. Other than Car/Truck bombs which are illegal, these other items do not have the main design intention of death and harm

The maniac in Charlottesville who mowed down that crowd was driving a high performance sports car. Why did he “need” a 500HP engine? The car had an aggressive look; why did it “need” one? It was capable of speeds in excess of 150MPH, yet that’s not legal on public streets. Why was that car allowed to exist, as no one “needed” that level of performance?

Fact is that some people just choose the performance level and appearance of the things they want based on personal preference, which they’re entitled to. And the purpose of those preferences are irrelevant unless they’re misused, at which time we punish the misuse, not stop everyone’s access or cease the object from being produced.

You don't need 500HP to drive, but you do to race a car. Still not the same as a 100 round gun designed to deliver bullets as fast as possible to a target.
Where ever you go, there you are.

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:21 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
extender wrote:
Only to you. I do not hunt fowl, but do enjoy trap & skeet. We'll agree to disagree.

And do you need a semi Automatic with bump stock and more than 10 bullet magazines to do that?

Where is it called the Bill of Needs, exactly?

Tell me this; did you “need” whatever you ate for dinner last night? Wouldn’t vitamin supplements, water, and a protein shake have provided all your body needed?

Or was your choice based on personal preference and flavor instead of nutrition?

If you’re prepared to be ok with government dictating to people what they can or cannot have based solely on “need,” be prepared to have other personal choices dictated to you on that same basis.

So forget about that chicken parmigiana with linguine and a glass of wine; you’re fine with a protein shake, a salad, and a bottle of water.

My PERSONAL CHOICE did not infringe on another person's right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Maybe this is the issue with the GOP and NRA nutcases. They don't know where personal responsibility and social responsibility collide?

scbriml

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:19 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Nobody chooses to get ill and die. Nobody chooses to have an accident and die. Surgeons and doctors don't chose to make mistakes and cause deaths. On the other hand, heavily armed mass shooters absolutely choose to kill. It's not even a subtle difference.

I’m glad to see you agree that it’s the person and their intent that’s the problem, not the weapon.

Sure. The assault rifle with a huge magazine is not part of the problem. Nor the ludicrously easy access to such weapons. Not in the slightest, no. Move along, nothing to see here... :sarcastic:

Are you interested in this bridge that's recently become available?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

tommy1808

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:28 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
The left wants to label Trump a fascist yet they also want to enact strict gun control laws like a fascist regime would.

I didn't know Jacinda Ardern was a fascist dictator. Gonna have to strike out New Zealand from my list of places to visit.

And I always thought Adolf was one, yet he made it a lot easier to own guns....

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

extender

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:41 pm

tommy1808 wrote:

Not if you were a Jew.

tommy1808

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:45 pm

extender wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Not if you were a Jew.

Of course not, in his world they where criminals.....

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:40 pm

casinterest wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:

You don't need 500HP to drive, but you do to race a car. Still not the same as a 100 round gun designed to deliver bullets as fast as possible to a target.

So you believe that only professional race car drivers should be permitted to have engines over, say, 200HP, then?

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:43 pm

casinterest wrote:
My PERSONAL CHOICE did not infringe on another person's right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Just like my PERSONAL CHOICE to own a sporting rifle with 30 round magazines didn’t infringe on another person’s right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness either?

scbriml

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:07 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
So you believe that only professional race car drivers should be permitted to have engines over, say, 200HP, then?

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:09 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
My PERSONAL CHOICE did not infringe on another person's right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Just like my PERSONAL CHOICE to own a sporting rifle with 30 round magazines didn’t infringe on another person’s right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness either?

It does affect me if you lose your mind and go on a shooting rampage and kill my family or myself. it affects a whole lot of people when idiots have access to weapons, lose respect for others and themselves.
As can be seen in your posts, all you care about is yourself and your rights.

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:09 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

is the engine designed to kill peolple ? Seriously are you that daft?

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:23 pm

casinterest wrote:
It does affect me if you lose your mind and go on a shooting rampage and kill my family or myself.

So we agree that it's the actions of the user that matter and not the weapon of choice. I'm glad to see we're finding common ground.

casinterest wrote:
it affects a whole lot of people when idiots have access to weapons, lose respect for others and themselves.

In a free society, the first part is a given. Hence the word "free." It's the latter part where they make bad choices that infringe on the rights of others that are the problem, and that's what we punish as a society when those bad choices are made.

casinterest wrote:

Well, as you clearly have no interest in preserving my rights, it's up to me to be an advocate for protecting them.

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:28 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
It does affect me if you lose your mind and go on a shooting rampage and kill my family or myself.

So we agree that it's the actions of the user that matter and not the weapon of choice. I'm glad to see we're finding common ground.

casinterest wrote:
it affects a whole lot of people when idiots have access to weapons, lose respect for others and themselves.

In a free society, the first part is a given. Hence the word "free." It's the latter part where they make bad choices that infringe on the rights of others that are the problem, and that's what we punish as a society when those bad choices are made.

casinterest wrote:

Well, as you clearly have no interest in preserving my rights, it's up to me to be an advocate for protecting them.

No your freedom ends where mine begins. There is too big a risk of danger from the free handling of weapons. Otherwise why not allow guns on a plane?
There need to be universal background checks, and there needs to be limits to how may bullets may be loaded in the magazines.
I also suggest a Per Bullet tax of about 5 bucks to pay all the victims for this Freedom you value so much.

seb146

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:29 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Especially when the thought process is "I need to take out as many as I can!"

There are multiple uses for internal combustion engines. There are multiple uses for alcohol. What are the other uses of military grade weapons besides ending as many lives as possible?

Samuel L. Jackson had a terrific line in the movie Jackie Brown about this very subject:

When you absolutely, positively have to take out every mutherf*ker in the room, accept no substitute!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:30 pm

scbriml wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
scbriml wrote:

Sure. The assault rifle with a huge magazine is not part of the problem. Nor the ludicrously easy access to such weapons. Not in the slightest, no. Move along, nothing to see here...

In a nation of over 300 million people, the actions of a handful of bad actors are the problem, not their choice of weapon. And despite what you believe, access is not "ludicrously easy," as purchasers must pass a background check. Just last night, a mass stabbing took place in California, with four random people dying as a result of the actions of the assailant. No background check required to buy a knife, mind you, so would you argue that "ludicrously easy access" to a knife was the problem?

Or maybe it was just the thug who decided to randomly take lives that shoulders all the blame?

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:34 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
scbriml wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

Sure. The assault rifle with a huge magazine is not part of the problem. Nor the ludicrously easy access to such weapons. Not in the slightest, no. Move along, nothing to see here...

In a nation of over 300 million people, the actions of a handful of bad actors are the problem, not their choice of weapon. And despite what you believe, access is not "ludicrously easy," as purchasers must pass a background check. Just last night, a mass stabbing took place in California, with four random people dying as a result of the actions of the assailant. No background check required to buy a knife, mind you, so would you argue that "ludicrously easy access" to a knife was the problem?

Or maybe it was just the thug who decided to randomly take lives that shoulders all the blame?

Please define thug. Because now we get to the root of what really drives Gun Nuts. Paranoia about a certain thing.

As for the knifing, he went on that spree , and killed 4 people over a few hours. Still mass murder, but he didn't do it in 30 seconds where parents died protecting their baby because the law currently allows morons to have 2-5 dead;y shots a second with a close to unlimited clip.

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:39 pm

casinterest wrote:
No your freedom ends where mine begins.

No, my right to own something doesn't end just because you've decided that neither I nor anyone else should have it.

casinterest wrote:
There is too big a risk of danger from the free handling of weapons.

You could similarly argue "of high performance sports cars," though. Both can be used to kill when in the wrong hands and with bad intentions, yet I didn't hear you arguing to restrict the sale of "assault cars" following Charlottesville and that people should only be permitted to own Smart cars.

casinterest wrote:
there needs to be limits to how may bullets may be loaded in the magazines.

Why? After all, those limits were in effect in the early 90s, so the Columbine shooters just brought more magazines and extra guns. Restricting capacity is punishing law-abiding citizens for the acts of others.

casinterest wrote:
I also suggest a Per Bullet tax of about 5 bucks to pay all the victims for this Freedom you value so much.

Knock yourself out; write your Congressman. Of course the argument will be that it disproportionately impacts the poor and then only the well-off will be able to afford to protect themselves.

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:46 pm

casinterest wrote:
Please define thug.

The generally-accepted definition is a bully and/or criminal, particularly one who resorts to violence. You really needed to have someone define that for you?

casinterest wrote:
As for the knifing, he went on that spree , and killed 4 people over a few hours. Still mass murder, but he didn't do it in 30 seconds

So your problem isn't the murder, it's how fast it happens? News flash; had the Sandy Hook shooter been in that classroom with a machete, he'd have been able to do damn near the same amount of atrocities as he did with that AR-15, and it may have taken only slightly longer.

But yay, no scary black gun, right?

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:50 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Please define thug.

The generally-accepted definition is a bully and/or criminal, particularly one who resorts to violence. You really needed to have someone define that for you?

casinterest wrote:
As for the knifing, he went on that spree , and killed 4 people over a few hours. Still mass murder, but he didn't do it in 30 seconds

So your problem isn't the murder, it's how fast it happens? News flash; had the Sandy Hook shooter been in that classroom with a machete, he'd have been able to do damn near the same amount of atrocities as he did with that AR-15, and it may have taken only slightly longer.

But yay, no scary black gun, right?

The kids could have run from a machete. The adults could have overpowered him in the office. But I am not advocating for the removal of guns. Just guns and accessories that kill many people in short periods.

But it is better to let gun owners have 100 round clips that fire 2-5 times a second because what? Hunting requires 2-5 seconds a shot with 100's of shots to kill a dear? Or is jut for the fun of it?

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:55 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
No your freedom ends where mine begins.

No, my right to own something doesn't end just because you've decided that neither I nor anyone else should have it.

casinterest wrote:
There is too big a risk of danger from the free handling of weapons.

You could similarly argue "of high performance sports cars," though. Both can be used to kill when in the wrong hands and with bad intentions, yet I didn't hear you arguing to restrict the sale of "assault cars" following Charlottesville and that people should only be permitted to own Smart cars.

casinterest wrote:
there needs to be limits to how may bullets may be loaded in the magazines.

Why? After all, those limits were in effect in the early 90s, so the Columbine shooters just brought more magazines and extra guns. Restricting capacity is punishing law-abiding citizens for the acts of others.

casinterest wrote:

Knock yourself out; write your Congressman. Of course the argument will be that it disproportionately impacts the poor and then only the well-off will be able to afford to protect themselves.

Assault cars? Can you uppercase a tank? Can you purchase a Humvee with a Automatic Machine Gun?

Your rights end where mine begins. It's called society. Get used to it.

The 90's didn't have cheap web based sites that showed morons how to modify at high rates. Columbine was a case where they went for 20 minutes reloading. Thank Goodness they didn't have the AR-15 with multiple rounds. The death toll would have been higher,. Is that what you are arguing for ? Higher death counts? You will probably get it, because we will be back here discussing the same crap the next time a shooting happens.

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:26 pm

casinterest wrote:

Wrong. My rights only end when they directly infringe upon yours. I have a right to own a firearm, but you do not have a right to a gun-free society.

If I use that firearm against you, yes, at that point I’m infringing on your rights. But then again I do not have an inherent right to point a weapon at you unless you’re threatening someone.

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:31 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Wrong. My rights only end when they directly infringe upon yours. I have a right to own a firearm, but you do not have a right to a gun-free society.

If I use that firearm against you, yes, at that point I’m infringing on your rights. But then again I do not have an inherent right to point a weapon at you unless you’re threatening someone.

Where did I ask for a Gun Free society? Where?
I am asking for restrictions on those rights so that people that like to go about their day don't have to worry about people that lose their minds and try to kill everyone. Remember that German Wings Pilot?
Sure sucks when someone has control of a weapon of mass destruction when they go mad. The same issue is in place with these semi-auto's that can be modded to be rapid fire death machines.

petertenthije

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:53 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
Then why is it not a right to own hand grenades, F16s or Abrams tanks to stick to arms. Or every kind of drugs known to mankind from cannabis all the way up to meth?

At some point it was decided that the costs to society as a whole was greater then the individual’s pleasure.

The semi-automatic weapon discussion is part of society figuring out if it is still worth it.

The pro gunners have every right to stick to their principles. Keep in mind though, the pro gunners will get more favourable results if they cooperate now, then XX shootings from now when society thinks enough is enough. At that point society won’t listen to the pro gunners and simply pass measures. And why should society listen when the hardcore pro gun people haven’t listened for years if not decades.
Attamottamotta!

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:02 pm

casinterest wrote:
Remember that German Wings Pilot?
Sure sucks when someone has control of a weapon of mass destruction when they go mad. The same issue is in place with these semi-auto's that can be modded to be rapid fire death machines.

You don’t see the slippery slope at all? Restricting something from the 99.9999% of the population that won’t misuse it based on the fear of what the 0.0001% might do? Once that’s been made ok, where does it stop?

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:08 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Remember that German Wings Pilot?

You don’t see the slippery slope at all? Restricting something from the 99.9999% of the population that won’t misuse it based on the fear of what the 0.0001% might do? Once that’s been made ok, where does it stop?

It stops at a reasonable point,. Right now we are not at a reasonable point, and just so you know we have had a lot more than .0001% of the population affected by these mass murders.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... full-data/

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:25 pm

casinterest wrote:
It stops at a reasonable point

And who is the final arbiter of what’s “reasonable,” then? You? Thanks, but I’ll pass, and will continue to rely on the law to protect my rights.

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:29 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
It stops at a reasonable point

And who is the final arbiter of what’s “reasonable,” then? You? Thanks, but I’ll pass, and will continue to rely on the law to protect my rights.

Our country. And our leaders. I can't depend on ammo heads to hold their cool when they think spraying 200 bullets is awesome, so we need to pass some laws to protect lives over people not able to control their urges.

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:36 pm

casinterest wrote:
I can't depend on ammo heads to hold their cool when they think spraying 200 bullets is awesome, so we need to pass some laws to protect lives over people not able to control their urges.

Like I said, write your Congressman. I’ll be writing mine. Of course it’s redundant since “spraying bullets” at anyone is already illegal.

casinterest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:39 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
I can't depend on ammo heads to hold their cool when they think spraying 200 bullets is awesome, so we need to pass some laws to protect lives over people not able to control their urges.

Like I said, write your Congressman. I’ll be writing mine. Of course it’s redundant since “spraying bullets” at anyone is already illegal.

Many more would be saved if we didn't allow the purchases of the high capacity magazines, and mods that people are buying.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:52 pm

The days when one believed they would face judgement and possible eternal damnation to Dante’s Inferno are sorely missed.

GF

olle

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:57 am

EA CO AS wrote:
casinterest wrote:

2035 only selfdriving electrical cars will be allowed on our roads.

All driving correct speed, no drink and driving, no drivers falling asleep etc.

No sport cars ;-)

I assume death in traffic will fall dramatically.

Weapons in usa will still be the same old story.

"Right" to carry weapons on public places, ownership of unlimited quantaties, ownership of non hunting assault weapons like AK47.

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:15 pm

The AR pattern semi-auto is almost certainly the most popular hunting rifle in the US, so there’s that. The pattern has been adapted to all sorts hunting calibers never envisioned in the Armalite design.

DarkSnowyNight

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:20 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
The AR pattern semi-auto is almost certainly the most popular hunting rifle in the US, so there’s that. The pattern has been adapted to all sorts hunting calibers never envisioned in the Armalite design.

Can it handle 30 - 50 feral pigs?

Asking for a friend...
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

wingman

Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:54 pm

And their wives too! I tried posting this in the Biden thread but bringing up other ill politicians is expressly forbidden. Maybe this is where it belongs. I personally think Trump has the best gaffes ever. Here he is with Melania cheering on a new orphan whose parents were mowed down by a White Supremacist supporter of Trump. Check out the thumbs up and Melania's winsome grin! I don't think you could say Trump's love of guns is secret, I'd describe it more accurately as right out there in the open!

And people talk about gaffes, here's one you won't see on Fox and Friends!
http://www.mediaite.com/news/twitter-re ... man-being/

M564038

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:21 pm

When people go religiously mental, and turn to attempts of terrorism like this christian right-wing incel did the day before yesterday in my neighbour town, I am pretty thankful he didn’t have an AR-15, but just some shotgun-contraption of questionable quality. The racist right wing fuck managed to kill his little sister, of adoptive chinese background, but once he entered the mosque in which he wanted to do a mass-shooting, his lack of fire-power enabled 2 older members of the muslim congregation to take him out and beat him up, without anything resembling a weapon.

Hell yes, being strict on weapons help.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-4 ... ting-story

JJJ

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:35 pm

M564038 wrote:
When people go religiously mental, and turn to attempts of terrorism like this christian right-wing incel did the day before yesterday in my neighbour town, I am pretty thankful he didn’t have an AR-15, but just some shotgun-contraption of questionable quality. The racist right wing fuck managed to kill his little sister, of adoptive chinese background, but once he entered the mosque in which he wanted to do a mass-shooting, his lack of fire-power enabled 2 older members of the muslim congregation to take him out and beat him up, without anything resembling a weapon.

Other than the weapon the situation looks very much like the Christchurch mosque shooting.

M564038

Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Exactly!
To be fair, he was clumsy enough to do this on a saturday, not during friday prayers or sunday’s Id.
He might have done more damage with his shotgun if the mosque was packed, but still very quickly stopped one would think.

JJJ wrote:
M564038 wrote:

Other than the weapon the situation looks very much like the Christchurch mosque shooting.

M564038

Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:56 pm

Not to dwell on that situation, but since this overlaps with the oil/electricity-thread:

Norway, the only country so communist that even right-wing terrorists drive electric cars to their mass-shootings, which then fail because their assault rifles and automatic weapons has been taken away from them:

https://www.aftenposten.no/norge/i/qLe2 ... il-moskeen

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:50 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Asking for a friend...

ARs certainly can and are quite common for pig hunters.

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2018/6/6/tactical-to-practical-hog-hunting-with-an-ar-15/

seb146

Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:23 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Why does one need that type of weapon to hunt? I grew up next to a game warden and went to church with another. This was back before everyone demanded military grade weapons. They would go deer and elk hunting with rifles and a pistol and not AR or AK or these WMDs that pop off 30 to 50 rounds a minute.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

casinterest

Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:26 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Asking for a friend...

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2018/6/6/tactical-to-practical-hog-hunting-with-an-ar-15/

Here is a video of better hunting techniques.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAfJG1PMjbY

JJJ

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:11 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Asking for a friend...

One blogger using it doesn't make it common.

Truth is, .223 just is not enough for hog. Coyotes, foxes, small deer it's OK but for anything approaching 100kg you need 30-06 or bigger. In many places it's illegal as well as bad practise.

An AR-15 is just a fancy varmint rifle.

As far as mag capacity, if you can't take it with one shot, you shouldn't be taking that shot in the first place.

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:32 pm

ARs come in lots of chamberings more powerful than .223, many very suitable for larger game.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AR_platform_calibers

seb146,

Another uniformed thought—all civilian ARs are semi-auto, not full auto. But, why let fact get in the way of an opinion.