Dutchy
Topic Author

Great news for Uber

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:59 pm

The Dutch government has gotten a real victory over Bermuda. The Dutch got Uber to get their letterbox company in the Netherlands. We only promised not to tax the first 5,5billion of Euro's. Small price to pay to get this wonderful firm to fill one letterbox in the Netherlands. Huge victory over other tax heavens. Proud of my tax authority well done. I will remember this when I pay my taxes as a small entrepreneur........

Uber exchanges a letterbox on Bermuda for tax haven in the Netherlands

Once again there is a large multinational who has noticed the benefits of tax haven in the Netherlands. Taxi company Uber had a letterbox company on Bermuda, but a mailbox in the Netherlands appears to yield more tax benefits.

The company has moved the intellectual property back to our country. It can count on a tax deduction on the profit of 5.5 billion euros, reports the Bloomberg news agency. Uber has made agreements about this with the tax authorities, so that the deduction is guaranteed. The online taxi company is not yet profitable, but if the company does make a profit, it does not have to pay tax on the first 5.5 billion euros.

The Uber headquarters for non-American activities has been located in Amsterdam since 2013 due to the favorable Dutch tax rates for companies. Like many multinationals, the company has a hand in building structures that can be used to avoid loads on a large scale. And the Netherlands is happy to help.

[url=https://www.welingelichtekringen.nl/economie/978450/uber-verruilt-een-brievenbus-op-bermuda-voor-belastingparadijs-nederland.html]
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

T18

Re: Great news for Uber

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:54 pm

Well that will help offset the 5.6 Billion USD they lost in Q2
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

Dutchy
Topic Author

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:57 pm

T18 wrote:
Well that will help offset the 5.6 Billion USD they lost in Q2

5.6bn lost in one quarter? That is remarkable in it selves.

anrec80

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:22 pm

Lol. What’s the deal with “paying the fair share”? No longer true when one is to extract small tax revenue?

T18

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:45 pm

I need to correct myself. They only lost 5.2 Billion USD - https://jalopnik.com/uber-lost-another- ... 1837077596
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

Francoflier

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:16 am

How to compete against a tax heaven?

-Become a tax heaven.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Dutchy
Topic Author

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:08 am

Francoflier wrote:
How to compete against a tax heaven?

-Become a tax heaven.

The Netherlands is no tax heaven, according to our Prime Minister :roll: