caliboy93
Topic Author

Time for a Good News Network?

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Hey, who wants to see this happen and become mainstream? All of us are so exhausted and drained from all the bad stuff happening daily, and especially in this day and age a lot of cynics and pessimists out there. Everytime we see the news, the coverage is either of something bad happening, or biased pundits. It's about time that we have a news network that only reports on good things happening in this world.

This is a great way to bring back faith in humanity where only good stuff is allowed. And it can be anything ranging from a random act of kindness up to large-scale initiatives helping so many poor people.

There's no better time than now for this network. Perhaps it will inspire those in power to do better?

casinterest

Re: Time for a Good News Network?

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:29 pm

??????

Networks have people come and go. Unfortunately Journalism does not make them money. You know what Fox news always is excited about in their evening shows? Those folks are not Journalists.

If you want a "good" news network. Use multiple sources, and turn off the Cable News channels between 7-11 P.M
Where ever you go, there you are.

NIKV69

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:44 pm

We haven't had a media for a very long time. It's not just FOX either. We don't have any more Walter Kronkites or Edward R Murrows anymore. They don't exist. All we have is fringe on both sides who will do anything and say anything to get their candidates elected and to destroy anyone that doesn't agree with them.

It's actually very scary that none of them are every held to account for their actions. Even when they try to invent a scenario and are shown to be wrong no matter who they hurt.

Sad thing is there is no going back either.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

stratclub

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:09 pm

What we need is ethics in journalism enforced like in many other industries. Currently, many so called journalists do not feel any responsibility to report "news" in a truthful manner and instead report op-ed as fact, especially in politics.

EstherLouise

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:41 pm

I get all of my objective news from AP News.

https://www.apnews.com/
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

winginit

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:09 pm

caliboy93 wrote:
Hey, who wants to see this happen and become mainstream? All of us are so exhausted and drained from all the bad stuff happening daily, and especially in this day and age a lot of cynics and pessimists out there. Everytime we see the news, the coverage is either of something bad happening, or biased pundits. It's about time that we have a news network that only reports on good things happening in this world.

This is a great way to bring back faith in humanity where only good stuff is allowed. And it can be anything ranging from a random act of kindness up to large-scale initiatives helping so many poor people.

There's no better time than now for this network. Perhaps it will inspire those in power to do better?

Make no mistake - news outlets are businesses, and be it a good message or a bad message however you define that, the only thing that matters is the number of eyeballs on screens and pages. That's it.

Because we're psychologically drawn to bad news over good news, reporting on bad news is the better business model.

jdstJD

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:21 pm

stratclub wrote:
What we need is ethics in journalism enforced like in many other industries. Currently, many so called journalists do not feel any responsibility to report "news" in a truthful manner and instead report op-ed as fact, especially in politics.

I agree. It’s really disheartening because I don’t like local news because it’s all negative and is usually about shootings or robberies that happened over night. Other non-cable news networks like NPR, however, report on many issues that I don’t care about. I dunno. I think it would be a good idea for a “good news” network but what is “good” or “bad” are pretty subjective. CNN and Foxnews each truly believe what they report on (those who are journalists) is objectively good and bad.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

stl07

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:41 am

Honestly find ABC, NPR, and PBS to be good for nonpolitical news or at least mostly unbiased when they are reporting politics.

I find local news to be the best regarding positive news. The first part of it talks about all the gang violence and carjackings but the bulk of each broadcast talks about the good in the community occurring
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

Aaron747

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:08 am

stl07 wrote:
Honestly find ABC, NPR, and PBS to be good for nonpolitical news or at least mostly unbiased when they are reporting politics.

I find local news to be the best regarding positive news. The first part of it talks about all the gang violence and carjackings but the bulk of each broadcast talks about the good in the community occurring

More or less agree. Was fortunate to be raised in the SF Bay Area, where several TV stations did a more or less high quality job with balanced local news.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

dfwjim1

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:31 pm

I believe there was a news outlet in the United States back in the 80s that specialized in good news but they did not stay in business too long.

KFLLCFII

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:40 pm

Not sure which ratings would tank faster: That or the next liberal radio network.
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."