kaitak
Topic Author
Posts: 9680
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:49 am

Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:57 am

They actually seem serious about this. Words fail. How desperate must they be to spread a message of fear. This is absolutely appalling.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europ ... on-protest

This young couple was filmed attending a protest march and now the Russian authorities want to take their child off them and put them in care. Seems like they want to set an example " pour encourager les autres", but it seems like an incredibly heavy-handed and cruel way for any state to behave.

I hope that this figures in any consideration of removing sanctions from Russia; no country which even contemplates something as draconian as this deserves to be counted in any group of civilised countries.
 
mham001
Posts: 5542
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:17 pm

it is not difficult for some low-level bureaucrat to instigate these things. I've been targeted by the government in Santa Cruz, California at least twice by low-level twits, once for instigating opposition against a land use proposal and once for privately calling out a man who failed to respond to numerous requests to do his job because he seemed to be personally opposed to my project. They can and easily do sic other departments on you anonymously.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9770
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:08 am

kaitak wrote:
I hope that this figures in any consideration of removing sanctions from Russia; no country which even contemplates something as draconian as this deserves to be counted in any group of civilised countries.


The sanctions are not because the Russian authorities squash any opposition, they are because the Russians annexed part of another country and destabilize the other parts.

We all know that the Putin regime doesn't care about human rights.

This is linked to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1428707&start=150
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:17 am

kaitak wrote:
They actually seem serious about this. Words fail. How desperate must they be to spread a message of fear. This is absolutely appalling. .


Standard for Dictatorships to go through children to get to the parents. I am quite surprised that they don´t copy the PRC approach of "Keep your mouth shut or your kids won´t go to university" ....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1004
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:58 pm

shouldn't surprise anyone, who knows how the Russian govt operates.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8993
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:14 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
shouldn't surprise anyone, who knows how the Russian govt operates.


This is a perfect example of how Putin gets his 80+ % approval rate.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
anrec80
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:28 pm

Well - this is justified. The parents went with a 1 year old (!) to an illegal public action, which they knew is dangerous, and where the police actions were to be expected. So basically - the couple took their 1 year old hoping to use him as the cover against lawful police actions (including tear gas spraying!), holding the baby a hostage essentially. And to add insult to an injury, they passed the baby to someone else.

Any parent who actually cares about their child won’t do anything along these lines. But these one cared more about this BBC picture than their child.

The criminal cases are for leaving the child in danger, and for not duly performing parents’ duties.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8993
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:31 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
anrec80 wrote:
Well - this is justified. The parents went with a 1 year old (!) to an illegal public action, which they knew is dangerous, and police actions are to be expected. So basically - the couple took their 1 year old hoping to use him as the cover against lawful police actions (including tear gas spraying!), holding the baby a hostage essentially. And to add insult to an injury, they passed the baby to someone else.

The criminal cases are for leaving the child in danger, and for not duly performing parents’ duties.


And the Russians are out of their mind, just charge them for the Illegal public actions. This current action by the Russians is the definition of cruel and unusual punishment.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
TheFlyingDisk
Posts: 1810
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:08 am

Kids should not be taken to a protest, period. Doesn't matter if the protest is just or not. Doesn't matter if the protest is in Russia or America or Canada or wherever.

Kids should not be taken to a protest, period.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9770
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:17 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Kids should not be taken to a protest, period. Doesn't matter if the protest is just or not. Doesn't matter if the protest is in Russia or America or Canada or wherever.

Kids should not be taken to a protest, period.


Image

Image

A friend of mine took her baby to the climate mars ones. The thing is they are citizens too and it is their future too, so why not? Normally it should be safe, but in Moscow, the police has orders to crush the demonstrations, regardless of everything. You do not know what happened here. They could be in a safe corner of the protests, they could be as far away from the front. Since the Russian police pick up people at random, it says nothing. And given that this is indeed a strong signal, not to protest because the Russian authorities will go to any length to get in the way of the opposition, even go so far to take kids from their parents. We know of this incident, so everyone in Russia must know it too, the signal is strong, the state is almighty, so don't mess with the current power structures.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
TheFlyingDisk
Posts: 1810
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:44 am

Dutchy wrote:
Image

A friend of mine took her baby to the climate mars ones. The thing is they are citizens too and it is their future too, so why not? Normally it should be safe, but in Moscow, the police has orders to crush the demonstrations, regardless of everything. You do not know what happened here. They could be in a safe corner of the protests, they could be as far away from the front. Since the Russian police pick up people at random, it says nothing. And given that this is indeed a strong signal, not to protest because the Russian authorities will go to any length to get in the way of the opposition, even go so far to take kids from their parents. We know of this incident, so everyone in Russia must know it too, the signal is strong, the state is almighty, so don't mess with the current power structures.


It doesn't matter. If not for safety, think of the health risks.

Kids do not belong in a protest.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9770
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:48 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Image

A friend of mine took her baby to the climate mars ones. The thing is they are citizens too and it is their future too, so why not? Normally it should be safe, but in Moscow, the police has orders to crush the demonstrations, regardless of everything. You do not know what happened here. They could be in a safe corner of the protests, they could be as far away from the front. Since the Russian police pick up people at random, it says nothing. And given that this is indeed a strong signal, not to protest because the Russian authorities will go to any length to get in the way of the opposition, even go so far to take kids from their parents. We know of this incident, so everyone in Russia must know it too, the signal is strong, the state is almighty, so don't mess with the current power structures.


It doesn't matter. If not for safety, think of the health risks.

Kids do not belong in a protest.


Ok, that is your opinion.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
THS214
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:25 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Well - this is justified. The parents went with a 1 year old (!) to an illegal public action, which they knew is dangerous, and where the police actions were to be expected. So basically - the couple took their 1 year old hoping to use him as the cover against lawful police actions (including tear gas spraying!), holding the baby a hostage essentially. And to add insult to an injury, they passed the baby to someone else.

Any parent who actually cares about their child won’t do anything along these lines. But these one cared more about this BBC picture than their child.

The criminal cases are for leaving the child in danger, and for not duly performing parents’ duties.


Even if you are 100% right Russia is not working what is the best interest of the child. Tear gas against someone carrying a 1 year old child like a threat. Going to trow that child against police? Get real!

Simple question. Do you want to happen what is in the best interest of the child or not? Its clear that you don't have a child or any understanding what is good for children.

You will ask that is it in the best interest of the child to take him to protest? No! But after all its still better for the child to be with parents!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9770
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:51 pm

THS214 wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
Well - this is justified. The parents went with a 1 year old (!) to an illegal public action, which they knew is dangerous, and where the police actions were to be expected. So basically - the couple took their 1 year old hoping to use him as the cover against lawful police actions (including tear gas spraying!), holding the baby a hostage essentially. And to add insult to an injury, they passed the baby to someone else.

Any parent who actually cares about their child won’t do anything along these lines. But these one cared more about this BBC picture than their child.

The criminal cases are for leaving the child in danger, and for not duly performing parents’ duties.


Even if you are 100% right Russia is not working what is the best interest of the child. Tear gas against someone carrying a 1 year old child like a threat. Going to trow that child against police? Get real!

Simple question. Do you want to happen what is in the best interest of the child or not? Its clear that you don't have a child or any understanding what is good for children.

You will ask that is it in the best interest of the child to take him to protest? No! But after all its still better for the child to be with parents!


What Anrac80 actually is saying, it is quite subtle, but read between the lines and you might hear it, it is justified because they were protesting the all-mighty Putin, he doesn't care about the child at all.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
anrec80
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:10 pm

THS214 wrote:
Even if you are 100% right Russia is not working what is the best interest of the child. Tear gas against someone carrying a 1 year old child like a threat. Going to trow that child against police? Get real!


Sure, let’s get real. There is also a case against a “peaceful protester” who was spraying tear gas at the police (and possibly at other protesters). Hence this doesn’t change anything - 1 year olds do not belong to a stage of illegal activities.

THS214 wrote:
Simple question. Do you want to happen what is in the best interest of the child or not? Its clear that you don't have a child or any understanding what is good for children.


It’s in the best interests of the child if he belongs to a family that will not expose him to dangerous conditions. And the problem with these liberals is that they believe that they are only ones who are right. They will not learn from prior experiences and will keep repeating same things over and over. Yes, with these parents this child will likely be in the same spot again.

THS214 wrote:
You will ask that is it in the best interest of the child to take him to protest? No! But after all its still better for the child to be with parents!


Generally - I agree with you. But if the child’s parents are trying to use the child as essentially a hostage to prevent lawful actions of the police - this is far from proper parenting.
 
tu204
Posts: 1931
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:39 am

So y'all agree that taking children.to.participate in illegal and possible dangerous activities is OK?
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8993
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:33 pm

tu204 wrote:
So y'all agree that taking children.to.participate in illegal and possible dangerous activities is OK?


Illegal-- Only because Putin can't stand opposition and democracy. Dangerous, only because Putin and his deputies are not dealing on a level playing field.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
tu204
Posts: 1931
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:36 pm

casinterest wrote:
tu204 wrote:
So y'all agree that taking children.to.participate in illegal and possible dangerous activities is OK?


Illegal-- Only because Putin can't stand opposition and democracy. Dangerous, only because Putin and his deputies are not dealing on a level playing field.


Illegal - because it is against the law in many countries to assemble large groups of people without authorization... :roll:
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8993
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:48 am

So convenient for the Government to Jail opposition leaders and ban election rallies when it serves the purpose of the Putin.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
Redd
Posts: 980
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:57 am

tu204 wrote:
So y'all agree that taking children.to.participate in illegal and possible dangerous activities is OK?



Illegal because Putin is wont to allow opposition in your country. As to dangerous activities in your country, I'd say driving is more dangerous than attending a protest. Should parents have their children taken away for transporting them inside a motor vehicle in Russia?
 
alfa164
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Russian couple may lose son for attending protest

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:04 am

Redd wrote:
tu204 wrote:
So y'all agree that taking children.to.participate in illegal and possible dangerous activities is OK?


Illegal because Putin is wont to allow opposition in your country. As to dangerous activities in your country, I'd say driving is more dangerous than attending a protest. Should parents have their children taken away for transporting them inside a motor vehicle in Russia?


Having seen the dashcam videos of how Russians drive these days, probably so...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos