extender
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:23 pm

seb146 wrote:
And, still, unarmed children are shot to death, Black people are handcuffed because they are having a picnic, people are dragged from their homes and roughed up because someone saw a shadow, not to mention the number of times drugs are planted just so the officers can rough up and arrest someone.

Too many American officers have a God complex. With all the reports of minorities being hospitalized or killed while obeying orders while white people who run receive just a scrape or two. Is it any wonder why Americans fear those tasked with protecting us? It should not be that way. But here we are.


There's a lot more A-holes out there too.
 
BN747
Posts: 6742
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:00 pm

extender wrote:
As I mentioned before, I hope you never need one.


That's like saying 'I hope you never need a computer repair or I hope you never need a firefighter or I hope you never need a flight...etc'

It is the job of those offering 'the service', they're paid to do their jobs. They are there for that reason and that reason only Cops too!
They don't do it for free just like you don't do anything for anyone 'for free'.

Your 'Yahoo over the top' police support fuses in the bad cops with good cops. The good cops do not want to be linked with or tainted by the bad cops...they want nothing to do with them. And they see blind supporters like you as 'not helping to boost their image because they know the bad cops just love guys like you! And the bad cops will eat your compliments like Corn Flakes.

But yeah, to you..'they're all the same'.

N1611B wrote:
BN747 wrote:
N1611B wrote:

1. African-Americans make up 13% of the population, but per FBI statistics commit nearly 50% of the homicides in the US each year. It stands to reason that the police would have more violence encounters when dealing with a group that statistically is involved in more violent crimes.

2. Unarmed people have killed cops in the past. Shooting unarmed people can be completely justified if the unarmed person is attacking you (i.e., Ferguson).



Hmmmm..forgive my observance of someone joining A.net 5 days ago posting 13+ post a day in Non-Av, that's gotta be a newbie's record! Smells like someone's been traveling under a past disguise with new veneer, ok, I bite...

First off, those 'quoted stats' are shaky as hell, suspect and are you doing to best to justify taking the lives of unarmed people...and too happy to do it.
Secondly, go ahead, list all those unarmed people who've killed cops...then post and compare the number of unarmed persons killed by police.

Thirdly, explain the logic behind your acceptance of unarmed indidviduals being gunned down.


BN747


I've been a longtime lurker here (10+ years). Didn't create an account because when I tried to many moons ago you had to pay for access to the forums. When I discovered recently that was no longer the case, I signed up. I'm a lover of aviation like everyone else on these boards, but I don't work in the industry and I fly once a year if I'm lucky, so I just don't have a whole lot to add to the aviation boards, but I do enjoy reading them.

I can think of two officers who were killed by unarmed people last year (one was disarmed by a driver during a traffic stop and killed with his own gun, the other was struck in the head with a rock and then had his pistol stolen and used to murder him). So, as we can see, unarmed does not equate to not dangerous.


Really two?

TWO?

Lurking served you better because anyone current on social politics know unequivocally that 'that number' is non-existent when measured against the innocent that you disregard.



N1611B wrote:
The Washington Post analyzes police shootings each year and has found that the vast majority of people killed by police each year are armed with guns or knives. Of the small number of unarmed people killed each year, many were physically attacking police officers when they were shot (see Mike Brown as an example). Others committed suicide by cop (i.e. they pointed a toy gun or something else that resembled a firearm at a police officer in order to convince the officer to shoot them). Still others were shot while driving towards officers while fleeing in vehicles (which are deadly weapons in their own right). Only a small number of the remainder of people who were shot while unarmed were actually questionable.



Washington DC, a largely black city does not reflect every metropolis in the country, I'm certain in the Chinatown section of NYC, the likely culprit of a Asian killing is more than likely Asian. In nearly all white Idaho...who's doing most of the killing?

One guess. It ain't the Native Americans.

In Chicago, most of those killings..black on black crimes.

Human beings of all persuasions have those who hold no regard for human life...you can end your support of killing the unarmed now, it went over like a lead balloon.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
N1611B
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:08 pm

seb146 wrote:
extender wrote:
bgm wrote:
That is a highly subjective, not to mention dubious claim. The US' relationship with law enforcement is a bizarre one. Law enforcement in the US is overtly aggressive and antagonistic. Situations that could've been calmly resolved are often escalated with sometimes fatal consequences.


In the current climate, who can blame them? When you see a show like cops or the news, and the perp is asked, why did you run: "I was scared, sir." There is no thinking of consequences, or the actions of fleeing a normal stop has. Cops have a job to do, and the majority of their interactions are with unknown entities, they better have their game on. If I was in their shoes, I would do nothing different; I want to go home at the end of my shift, safe, to my family.

You complain about how heavy handed cops have become; the opposite is true. Back then they would belt you, really screw with you. Times have changed, oversight boards, video cameras, etc. Like with everything else, so shit happens. But when you use Ferguson, Baltimore or the guy in New York as rally cries, you're already up a duck's ass.


And, still, unarmed children are shot to death, Black people are handcuffed because they are having a picnic, people are dragged from their homes and roughed up because someone saw a shadow, not to mention the number of times drugs are planted just so the officers can rough up and arrest someone.

Too many American officers have a God complex. With all the reports of minorities being hospitalized or killed while obeying orders while white people who run receive just a scrape or two. Is it any wonder why Americans fear those tasked with protecting us? It should not be that way. But here we are.


More white people are killed by police officers than black people.

Also, please show us exactly how many minorities are killed while "obeying orders." One or two cases a year out of 1,000 police shootings and 100,000,000 police interactions doesn't prove your point...it disproves it.
Last edited by N1611B on Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
N1611B
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:10 pm

BN747 wrote:
extender wrote:
As I mentioned before, I hope you never need one.


That's like saying 'I hope you never need a computer repair or I hope you never need a firefighter or I hope you never need a flight...etc'

It is the job of those offering 'the service', they're paid to do their jobs. They are there for that reason and that reason only Cops too!
They don't do it for free just like you don't do anything for anyone 'for free'.

Your 'Yahoo over the top' police support fuses in the bad cops with good cops. The good cops do not want to be linked with or tainted by the bad cops...they want nothing to do with them. And they see blind supporters like you as 'not helping to boost their image because they know the bad cops just love guys like you! And the bad cops will eat your compliments like Corn Flakes.

But yeah, to you..'they're all the same'.

N1611B wrote:
BN747 wrote:


Hmmmm..forgive my observance of someone joining A.net 5 days ago posting 13+ post a day in Non-Av, that's gotta be a newbie's record! Smells like someone's been traveling under a past disguise with new veneer, ok, I bite...

First off, those 'quoted stats' are shaky as hell, suspect and are you doing to best to justify taking the lives of unarmed people...and too happy to do it.
Secondly, go ahead, list all those unarmed people who've killed cops...then post and compare the number of unarmed persons killed by police.

Thirdly, explain the logic behind your acceptance of unarmed indidviduals being gunned down.


BN747


I've been a longtime lurker here (10+ years). Didn't create an account because when I tried to many moons ago you had to pay for access to the forums. When I discovered recently that was no longer the case, I signed up. I'm a lover of aviation like everyone else on these boards, but I don't work in the industry and I fly once a year if I'm lucky, so I just don't have a whole lot to add to the aviation boards, but I do enjoy reading them.

I can think of two officers who were killed by unarmed people last year (one was disarmed by a driver during a traffic stop and killed with his own gun, the other was struck in the head with a rock and then had his pistol stolen and used to murder him). So, as we can see, unarmed does not equate to not dangerous.


Really two?

TWO?

Lurking served you better because anyone current on social politics know unequivocally that 'that number' is non-existent when measured against the innocent that you disregard.



N1611B wrote:
The Washington Post analyzes police shootings each year and has found that the vast majority of people killed by police each year are armed with guns or knives. Of the small number of unarmed people killed each year, many were physically attacking police officers when they were shot (see Mike Brown as an example). Others committed suicide by cop (i.e. they pointed a toy gun or something else that resembled a firearm at a police officer in order to convince the officer to shoot them). Still others were shot while driving towards officers while fleeing in vehicles (which are deadly weapons in their own right). Only a small number of the remainder of people who were shot while unarmed were actually questionable.



Washington DC, a largely black city does not reflect every metropolis in the country, I'm certain in the Chinatown section of NYC, the likely culprit of a Asian killing is more than likely Asian. In nearly all white Idaho...who's doing most of the killing?

One guess. It ain't the Native Americans.

In Chicago, most of those killings..black on black crimes.

Human beings of all persuasions have those who hold no regard for human life...you can end your support of killing the unarmed now, it went over like a lead balloon.

BN747


50% is 50%. Your hyperbole isn't doing you any favors here. The Washington Post analyzes police shootings nationwide, not just in DC, and the numbers paint a different picture than the anti-police crowd wants to paint.

Also, unarmed people who are trying to harm/kill police officers know exactly what they are doing, and they know the consequences that can result.
 
BN747
Posts: 6742
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:19 pm

N1611B wrote:
BN747 wrote:
extender wrote:
As I mentioned before, I hope you never need one.


That's like saying 'I hope you never need a computer repair or I hope you never need a firefighter or I hope you never need a flight...etc'

It is the job of those offering 'the service', they're paid to do their jobs. They are there for that reason and that reason only Cops too!
They don't do it for free just like you don't do anything for anyone 'for free'.

Your 'Yahoo over the top' police support fuses in the bad cops with good cops. The good cops do not want to be linked with or tainted by the bad cops...they want nothing to do with them. And they see blind supporters like you as 'not helping to boost their image because they know the bad cops just love guys like you! And the bad cops will eat your compliments like Corn Flakes.

But yeah, to you..'they're all the same'.

N1611B wrote:

I've been a longtime lurker here (10+ years). Didn't create an account because when I tried to many moons ago you had to pay for access to the forums. When I discovered recently that was no longer the case, I signed up. I'm a lover of aviation like everyone else on these boards, but I don't work in the industry and I fly once a year if I'm lucky, so I just don't have a whole lot to add to the aviation boards, but I do enjoy reading them.

I can think of two officers who were killed by unarmed people last year (one was disarmed by a driver during a traffic stop and killed with his own gun, the other was struck in the head with a rock and then had his pistol stolen and used to murder him). So, as we can see, unarmed does not equate to not dangerous.


Really two?

TWO?

Lurking served you better because anyone current on social politics know unequivocally that 'that number' is non-existent when measured against the innocent that you disregard.



N1611B wrote:
The Washington Post analyzes police shootings each year and has found that the vast majority of people killed by police each year are armed with guns or knives. Of the small number of unarmed people killed each year, many were physically attacking police officers when they were shot (see Mike Brown as an example). Others committed suicide by cop (i.e. they pointed a toy gun or something else that resembled a firearm at a police officer in order to convince the officer to shoot them). Still others were shot while driving towards officers while fleeing in vehicles (which are deadly weapons in their own right). Only a small number of the remainder of people who were shot while unarmed were actually questionable.



Washington DC, a largely black city does not reflect every metropolis in the country, I'm certain in the Chinatown section of NYC, the likely culprit of a Asian killing is more than likely Asian. In nearly all white Idaho...who's doing most of the killing?

One guess. It ain't the Native Americans.

In Chicago, most of those killings..black on black crimes.

Human beings of all persuasions have those who hold no regard for human life...you can end your support of killing the unarmed now, it went over like a lead balloon.

BN747


50% is 50%. Your hyperbole isn't doing you any favors here. The Washington Post analyzes police shootings nationwide, not just in DC, and the numbers paint a different picture than the anti-police crowd wants to paint.

Also, unarmed people who are trying to harm/kill police officers know exactly what they are doing, and they know the consequences that can result.


Well post your findings vs asking anyone to accept your 'words' as truth...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
N1611B
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:24 pm

BN747 wrote:
N1611B wrote:
BN747 wrote:

That's like saying 'I hope you never need a computer repair or I hope you never need a firefighter or I hope you never need a flight...etc'

It is the job of those offering 'the service', they're paid to do their jobs. They are there for that reason and that reason only Cops too!
They don't do it for free just like you don't do anything for anyone 'for free'.

Your 'Yahoo over the top' police support fuses in the bad cops with good cops. The good cops do not want to be linked with or tainted by the bad cops...they want nothing to do with them. And they see blind supporters like you as 'not helping to boost their image because they know the bad cops just love guys like you! And the bad cops will eat your compliments like Corn Flakes.

But yeah, to you..'they're all the same'.



Really two?

TWO?

Lurking served you better because anyone current on social politics know unequivocally that 'that number' is non-existent when measured against the innocent that you disregard.






Washington DC, a largely black city does not reflect every metropolis in the country, I'm certain in the Chinatown section of NYC, the likely culprit of a Asian killing is more than likely Asian. In nearly all white Idaho...who's doing most of the killing?

One guess. It ain't the Native Americans.

In Chicago, most of those killings..black on black crimes.

Human beings of all persuasions have those who hold no regard for human life...you can end your support of killing the unarmed now, it went over like a lead balloon.

BN747


50% is 50%. Your hyperbole isn't doing you any favors here. The Washington Post analyzes police shootings nationwide, not just in DC, and the numbers paint a different picture than the anti-police crowd wants to paint.

Also, unarmed people who are trying to harm/kill police officers know exactly what they are doing, and they know the consequences that can result.


Well post your findings vs asking anyone to accept your 'words' as truth...

BN747


Sure.

"The ongoing Post project has found that police have shot and killed 3,309 people since 2015, or more than twice as many fatal shootings per year as the average reported by the FBI. Of those killed, 231, or 7 percent, were not armed with guns, knives or other objects that could be used as weapons at the time of the shootings, according to the data.

A review of the shootings of unarmed people shows that officers were reported to be under physical attack in about 40 percent of the cases. The remaining 60 percent involved a variety of circumstances, including individuals’ making provocative movements or verbal threats (31 percent) or fleeing, or being shot unintentionally or in undetermined circumstances, according to a review of news reports and video of the incidents. The news accounts cited in the Post database are typically summaries based on information provided by police at the time of each event."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9979
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:32 pm

Interesting documentary from the BBC about this topic.

Why are people in the USA living shorter lives?

While most of the world’s population can look forward to living longer, white people in the United States without a college degree are living shorter lives due to an epidemic of drug abuse and alcoholism. Nobel economist Sir Angus Deaton says these "deaths of despair" are driven by inequality.



link
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
BN747
Posts: 6742
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:42 pm

N1611B wrote:
BN747 wrote:
N1611B wrote:

50% is 50%. Your hyperbole isn't doing you any favors here. The Washington Post analyzes police shootings nationwide, not just in DC, and the numbers paint a different picture than the anti-police crowd wants to paint.

Also, unarmed people who are trying to harm/kill police officers know exactly what they are doing, and they know the consequences that can result.


Well post your findings vs asking anyone to accept your 'words' as truth...

BN747


Sure.

"The ongoing Post project has found that police have shot and killed 3,309 people since 2015, or more than twice as many fatal shootings per year as the average reported by the FBI. Of those killed, 231, or 7 percent, were not armed with guns, knives or other objects that could be used as weapons at the time of the shootings, according to the data.

A review of the shootings of unarmed people shows that officers were reported to be under physical attack in about 40 percent of the cases. The remaining 60 percent involved a variety of circumstances, including individuals’ making provocative movements or verbal threats (31 percent) or fleeing, or being shot unintentionally or in undetermined circumstances, according to a review of news reports and video of the incidents. The news accounts cited in the Post database are typically summaries based on information provided by police at the time of each event."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html


Most us are aware of the excessive claims of 'I feared my life - get out of jail free card excuse + PLUS the 'I thought he had a gun' lies for unjustified killings, you are aware of how those situations are to be suspect right?

It appears that isn't addressed. It falls in along with innocents killed on deathrow - and unknown factor, but a fact nonetheless.

Cops are human...they lie like everyone else. Probably more so (particularly the Bad Cops)...WaPo has any stats on them? Because it paint a complete picture...without it, the findings are inconclusive.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
N1611B
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:48 pm

BN747 wrote:
N1611B wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Well post your findings vs asking anyone to accept your 'words' as truth...

BN747


Sure.

"The ongoing Post project has found that police have shot and killed 3,309 people since 2015, or more than twice as many fatal shootings per year as the average reported by the FBI. Of those killed, 231, or 7 percent, were not armed with guns, knives or other objects that could be used as weapons at the time of the shootings, according to the data.

A review of the shootings of unarmed people shows that officers were reported to be under physical attack in about 40 percent of the cases. The remaining 60 percent involved a variety of circumstances, including individuals’ making provocative movements or verbal threats (31 percent) or fleeing, or being shot unintentionally or in undetermined circumstances, according to a review of news reports and video of the incidents. The news accounts cited in the Post database are typically summaries based on information provided by police at the time of each event."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html


Most us are aware of the excessive claims of 'I feared my life - get out of jail free card excuse + PLUS the 'I thought he had a gun' lies for unjustified killings, you are aware of how those situations are to be suspect right?

It appears that isn't addressed. It falls in along with innocents killed on deathrow - and unknown factor, but a fact nonetheless.

Cops are human...they lie like everyone else. Probably more so.

BN747


Most of us are also aware of the "he was a good guy, he didn't do anything wrong" narrative that the anti-police crowd likes to trot out after every killing....until the facts prove them wrong. The fact remains that the number of shootings found to be unjustified is a fraction of the number of shootings each year, which goes to show that our officers by and large do a great job making split-second decisions while working a dangerous job.
 
BN747
Posts: 6742
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:19 pm

N1611B wrote:
BN747 wrote:
N1611B wrote:

Sure.

"The ongoing Post project has found that police have shot and killed 3,309 people since 2015, or more than twice as many fatal shootings per year as the average reported by the FBI. Of those killed, 231, or 7 percent, were not armed with guns, knives or other objects that could be used as weapons at the time of the shootings, according to the data.

A review of the shootings of unarmed people shows that officers were reported to be under physical attack in about 40 percent of the cases. The remaining 60 percent involved a variety of circumstances, including individuals’ making provocative movements or verbal threats (31 percent) or fleeing, or being shot unintentionally or in undetermined circumstances, according to a review of news reports and video of the incidents. The news accounts cited in the Post database are typically summaries based on information provided by police at the time of each event."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html


Most us are aware of the excessive claims of 'I feared my life - get out of jail free card excuse + PLUS the 'I thought he had a gun' lies for unjustified killings, you are aware of how those situations are to be suspect right?

It appears that isn't addressed. It falls in along with innocents killed on deathrow - and unknown factor, but a fact nonetheless.

Cops are human...they lie like everyone else. Probably more so.

BN747


Most of us are also aware of the "he was a good guy, he didn't do anything wrong" narrative that the anti-police crowd likes to trot out after every killing....until the facts prove them wrong. The fact remains that the number of shootings found to be unjustified is a fraction of the number of shootings each year, which goes to show that our officers by and large do a great job making split-second decisions while working a dangerous job.


Of course no one wants to believe their kid/uncle/dad whomever 'didn't do it' when it comes to police trouble! Most people here who've been pulled over by cops give the 'I didn't know, officer' bullshit excuse!

I once answered the 'where are you headed to in such hurry, fella'..with 'Trying to make last call for happy hour last call'...honesty -worked.

But most people will lie as the degree on seriousness steepens.

But that statistic whatever it is (I'd say way higher than 50%) in no way justifies the killing of innocents - for which you clearly have no concern.

Truthfulness should always be more encumbered on Law Enforcement as opposed to the unarmed citizen, for he/she is the Law.

They MUST be held to a higher standard of conduct.

If we citizens acted more responsible instead of the whiny, bitchy domestic disputes taking place every second, the very reason we need so many cops in the 1st place - but that is not about to decrease. So if cops (people are charged) with baby sitting 'other' people...then like a baby sitter, they are the ones required to show more responsibility because they had the gun and only that reason.


Police are a necessary component of any organized civilized society, but they are the people they serve and they must live up to that. Right now, they are failing miserably due to a number of bad actors hiding among a larger number of decent officers.

Endorsing them all no matter what is wreckless and keeps the bad ones committing bad/illegal acts.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12236
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:36 pm

1989worstyear wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
1989worstyear wrote:

Aren't 17 year olds also considered adults with no voting rights in NZ? By comparison, there are currently only a handful of US states that still consider under-18's adults in the legal system, as many have increased the juvenile justice age in the last 15 years to prevent prison rape and promote rehabilitation.

Now if NZ apparently has the best justice system in the world, I would like to know how you people got away with this one. :scratchchin:

EDIT: Crap - I meant to reply to your post where you mentioned the percentage of the US population currently incarcerated. :oops:


I'm trying to work out how any of your comments are a reply to my comment.

BTW the voting age in NZ is 18, the age of majority is 20.


Oh, I was referring to the youth court age - it just sounds like something from New York and not Wellington:

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/13-09- ... eputation/


That doesn’t worry me overly much, a 17 year old is old enough to know right from wrong, if the crime is worthy of a sentence still them in with the adults.
 
1989worstyear
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:40 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
1989worstyear wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

I'm trying to work out how any of your comments are a reply to my comment.

BTW the voting age in NZ is 18, the age of majority is 20.


Oh, I was referring to the youth court age - it just sounds like something from New York and not Wellington:

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/13-09- ... eputation/


That doesn’t worry me overly much, a 17 year old is old enough to know right from wrong, if the crime is worthy of a sentence still them in with the adults.


Oh, I'm not talking about murder or assault here.

So if a 17 year old gets caught with a couple grams of weed he should live with it for the rest of his life? What if a girl he met lied about her age and was a couple months shy of 16? Isn't he now an adult sex offender for the rest of his life and will be lumped in with every violent predator in the nation?

This sounds very similar to the "tough on crime" sentiment prevalent in the US that has helped contribute to the staggering incarceration statistics they have now.
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...
 
N757ST
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:34 pm

BN747 wrote:
N1611B wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Most us are aware of the excessive claims of 'I feared my life - get out of jail free card excuse + PLUS the 'I thought he had a gun' lies for unjustified killings, you are aware of how those situations are to be suspect right?

It appears that isn't addressed. It falls in along with innocents killed on deathrow - and unknown factor, but a fact nonetheless.

Cops are human...they lie like everyone else. Probably more so.

BN747


Most of us are also aware of the "he was a good guy, he didn't do anything wrong" narrative that the anti-police crowd likes to trot out after every killing....until the facts prove them wrong. The fact remains that the number of shootings found to be unjustified is a fraction of the number of shootings each year, which goes to show that our officers by and large do a great job making split-second decisions while working a dangerous job.


Of course no one wants to believe their kid/uncle/dad whomever 'didn't do it' when it comes to police trouble! Most people here who've been pulled over by cops give the 'I didn't know, officer' bullshit excuse!

I once answered the 'where are you headed to in such hurry, fella'..with 'Trying to make last call for happy hour last call'...honesty -worked.

But most people will lie as the degree on seriousness steepens.

But that statistic whatever it is (I'd say way higher than 50%) in no way justifies the killing of innocents - for which you clearly have no concern.

Truthfulness should always be more encumbered on Law Enforcement as opposed to the unarmed citizen, for he/she is the Law.

They MUST be held to a higher standard of conduct.

If we citizens acted more responsible instead of the whiny, bitchy domestic disputes taking place every second, the very reason we need so many cops in the 1st place - but that is not about to decrease. So if cops (people are charged) with baby sitting 'other' people...then like a baby sitter, they are the ones required to show more responsibility because they had the gun and only that reason.


Police are a necessary component of any organized civilized society, but they are the people they serve and they must live up to that. Right now, they are failing miserably due to a number of bad actors hiding among a larger number of decent officers.

Endorsing them all no matter what is wreckless and keeps the bad ones committing bad/illegal acts.

BN747


A large number of bad apples? 17 unarmed people were killed by cops last year. Most were likely caught in cross fire etc, but let’s say 30% were maliciously murdered. That’s 6 very bad apples among 913,000 Leos in the US. Is 6 people way too many? Yes. Do bad apples certainly exist? Yes, but I don’t there are as many as you state.

Btw, 56 officers were gunned down.

As someone who deals with Leos extensively both at my work, amongst my friends, and my family, no one I know is looking to end someone’s life. Have my friends and family taken someone’s life? Yes.... but when you turn a corner and a dude has a shotgun pointed at your face and is high as hell on who knows what, what would you do?

I’ve had a friend use a taser 3 times on a meth head during a traffic stop, and the unarmed individual still managed to nearly throw him off a 150 foot tall bridge. That individual was not killed, even though I would not have faulted him in the least if he had used lethal force.

To summarize, maybe less broad brushes when describing Leos in this country, the vast majority of which signed up to give back to their communities and provide safety to its citizens. Yes, there are some bad apples, but every group has them and generally they don’t define the group as a whole.

Btw, im still laughing at the dude that wondered why he has a bad relationship with “blue isis” and then brags about him flicking them off. Luckily for you the cops I know would also laugh that off and still come to your immediate aid if you needed some.
 
N757ST
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:39 pm

1989worstyear wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
1989worstyear wrote:

Oh, I was referring to the youth court age - it just sounds like something from New York and not Wellington:

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/13-09- ... eputation/


That doesn’t worry me overly much, a 17 year old is old enough to know right from wrong, if the crime is worthy of a sentence still them in with the adults.


Oh, I'm not talking about murder or assault here.

So if a 17 year old gets caught with a couple grams of weed he should live with it for the rest of his life? What if a girl he met lied about her age and was a couple months shy of 16? Isn't he now an adult sex offender for the rest of his life and will be lumped in with every violent predator in the nation?

This sounds very similar to the "tough on crime" sentiment prevalent in the US that has helped contribute to the staggering incarceration statistics they have now.


If a 17 year old got caught with weed they likely got a ticket, if they got a summons and they don’t commit other crimes they will have their record expunged.

Considering most states having a legal age of consent as 16, I don’t see what crime you’ve committed. There are carve outs, like in Connecticut for athletic coaches or family that would be considered rape. In those cases I think you can agree throw the book at them. Most of our laws are pretty fair, even DUIs are expunged after 2 years if you aren’t a repeat offender.
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1622
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:42 am

N1611B wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
N1611B wrote:

Blue ISIS? You mean the people who risk their lives protecting people like you and me from ISIS? You're truly delusional. Perhaps some people here would join me in raising some money to buy you two plane tickets....one to Iraq so you could hang out with ISIS, and one to Orlando where you could meet the officer who took a bullet to the head fighting against ISIS but survived. I'm sure you'd rather hang out in Fallujah...


I think you're the one I need to buy a plane ticket for, you enjoy police states so I can just buy you a ticket to China or North Korea where you can suck up to the military/police forces all you want.

I lived in Orlando for a few years, I've already gave the middle finger to more OPD officers than I can count, but I'll still take a free plane ticket.

Blue ISIS is not here protecting you and me, they are here to protect politicians, large corporations, and the rich. They hate accountability and hate the Constitution.


As someone who works with police officers daily, I can wholeheartedly say that you are wrong. The only people who seem to hate the police as much as you do are either criminals, family members of criminals, anarchists, or people who are just plain clueless. There's a reason why three quarters of Americans have a positive opinion of our police officers.


I've never gotten a ticket/charged/arrested for anything, family members are lawyers who have never been charged/arrested for anything, and I challenge you on the "three quarters of Americans have a positive opinion". Maybe 3/4 of those who never went to school and live in Hickstown USA bow down to authority. but in most major cities, even us 9-5 respect the law types can't stand when Blue ISIS is out on the streets picking on a minority.

Like I said, maybe things will change when they start respecting the Constitution and stop taking orders on behalf of the 1% but until then they deserve everything they got coming to them.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways
 
N757ST
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:46 am

Super80Fan wrote:
N1611B wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

I think you're the one I need to buy a plane ticket for, you enjoy police states so I can just buy you a ticket to China or North Korea where you can suck up to the military/police forces all you want.

I lived in Orlando for a few years, I've already gave the middle finger to more OPD officers than I can count, but I'll still take a free plane ticket.

Blue ISIS is not here protecting you and me, they are here to protect politicians, large corporations, and the rich. They hate accountability and hate the Constitution.


As someone who works with police officers daily, I can wholeheartedly say that you are wrong. The only people who seem to hate the police as much as you do are either criminals, family members of criminals, anarchists, or people who are just plain clueless. There's a reason why three quarters of Americans have a positive opinion of our police officers.


I've never gotten a ticket/charged/arrested for anything, family members are lawyers who have never been charged/arrested for anything, and I challenge you on the "three quarters of Americans have a positive opinion". Maybe 3/4 of those who never went to school and live in Hickstown USA bow down to authority. but in most major cities, even us 9-5 respect the law types can't stand when Blue ISIS is out on the streets picking on a minority.

Like I said, maybe things will change when they start respecting the Constitution and stop taking orders on behalf of the 1% but until then they deserve everything they got coming to them.


What are you even talking about? The secrect society 1% are controlling the “blue isis” police force to their own benefit? Huh? Yes, the vast majority of people I know respect the police, and don’t flick them off for sport.
 
1989worstyear
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:48 am

N757ST wrote:
1989worstyear wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

That doesn’t worry me overly much, a 17 year old is old enough to know right from wrong, if the crime is worthy of a sentence still them in with the adults.


Oh, I'm not talking about murder or assault here.

So if a 17 year old gets caught with a couple grams of weed he should live with it for the rest of his life? What if a girl he met lied about her age and was a couple months shy of 16? Isn't he now an adult sex offender for the rest of his life and will be lumped in with every violent predator in the nation?

This sounds very similar to the "tough on crime" sentiment prevalent in the US that has helped contribute to the staggering incarceration statistics they have now.


If a 17 year old got caught with weed they likely got a ticket, if they got a summons and they don’t commit other crimes they will have their record expunged.

Considering most states having a legal age of consent as 16, I don’t see what crime you’ve committed. There are carve outs, like in Connecticut for athletic coaches or family that would be considered rape. In those cases I think you can agree throw the book at them. Most of our laws are pretty fair, even DUIs are expunged after 2 years if you aren’t a repeat offender.


Oh, I was just trying to show that the "superpredator"/"tough on crime" hysteria lives in other parts of the Anglosphere, not just the US. I think NZ is an interesting case, as they seem to overall have a good legal system but are reluctant to follow the UN "child" definition from 30 years ago.

It makes we wonder what the US would be like if more money was used for rehabilitation and mental health screening when purchasing certain firearms, at the federal level...
Last edited by 1989worstyear on Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1622
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:52 am

N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:
N1611B wrote:

Most of us are also aware of the "he was a good guy, he didn't do anything wrong" narrative that the anti-police crowd likes to trot out after every killing....until the facts prove them wrong. The fact remains that the number of shootings found to be unjustified is a fraction of the number of shootings each year, which goes to show that our officers by and large do a great job making split-second decisions while working a dangerous job.


Of course no one wants to believe their kid/uncle/dad whomever 'didn't do it' when it comes to police trouble! Most people here who've been pulled over by cops give the 'I didn't know, officer' bullshit excuse!

I once answered the 'where are you headed to in such hurry, fella'..with 'Trying to make last call for happy hour last call'...honesty -worked.

But most people will lie as the degree on seriousness steepens.

But that statistic whatever it is (I'd say way higher than 50%) in no way justifies the killing of innocents - for which you clearly have no concern.

Truthfulness should always be more encumbered on Law Enforcement as opposed to the unarmed citizen, for he/she is the Law.

They MUST be held to a higher standard of conduct.

If we citizens acted more responsible instead of the whiny, bitchy domestic disputes taking place every second, the very reason we need so many cops in the 1st place - but that is not about to decrease. So if cops (people are charged) with baby sitting 'other' people...then like a baby sitter, they are the ones required to show more responsibility because they had the gun and only that reason.


Police are a necessary component of any organized civilized society, but they are the people they serve and they must live up to that. Right now, they are failing miserably due to a number of bad actors hiding among a larger number of decent officers.

Endorsing them all no matter what is wreckless and keeps the bad ones committing bad/illegal acts.

BN747


A large number of bad apples? 17 unarmed people were killed by cops last year. Most were likely caught in cross fire etc, but let’s say 30% were maliciously murdered. That’s 6 very bad apples among 913,000 Leos in the US. Is 6 people way too many? Yes. Do bad apples certainly exist? Yes, but I don’t there are as many as you state.

Btw, 56 officers were gunned down.

As someone who deals with Leos extensively both at my work, amongst my friends, and my family, no one I know is looking to end someone’s life. Have my friends and family taken someone’s life? Yes.... but when you turn a corner and a dude has a shotgun pointed at your face and is high as hell on who knows what, what would you do?

I’ve had a friend use a taser 3 times on a meth head during a traffic stop, and the unarmed individual still managed to nearly throw him off a 150 foot tall bridge. That individual was not killed, even though I would not have faulted him in the least if he had used lethal force.

To summarize, maybe less broad brushes when describing Leos in this country, the vast majority of which signed up to give back to their communities and provide safety to its citizens. Yes, there are some bad apples, but every group has them and generally they don’t define the group as a whole.

Btw, im still laughing at the dude that wondered why he has a bad relationship with “blue isis” and then brags about him flicking them off. Luckily for you the cops I know would also laugh that off and still come to your immediate aid if you needed some.


I really want to see where you get your numbers from, because in 2018, 164 officers were killed in the line of duty, of which, only 52 were gunned down. In contrast, 992 people were fatally shot by police in 2018. 47 of them were unarmed, many others might have been in a vehicle or had a toy gun/knife but were fleeing. 35 were unknown. In 2019, 32 unarmed individuals have already been shot dead by police.

I know the entire militia enjoys killing people while reaping the benefits from our tax dollars but it's 2019, we have to change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2019/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2018/
https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2018
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways
 
N757ST
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:08 am

Super80Fan wrote:
N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Of course no one wants to believe their kid/uncle/dad whomever 'didn't do it' when it comes to police trouble! Most people here who've been pulled over by cops give the 'I didn't know, officer' bullshit excuse!

I once answered the 'where are you headed to in such hurry, fella'..with 'Trying to make last call for happy hour last call'...honesty -worked.

But most people will lie as the degree on seriousness steepens.

But that statistic whatever it is (I'd say way higher than 50%) in no way justifies the killing of innocents - for which you clearly have no concern.

Truthfulness should always be more encumbered on Law Enforcement as opposed to the unarmed citizen, for he/she is the Law.

They MUST be held to a higher standard of conduct.

If we citizens acted more responsible instead of the whiny, bitchy domestic disputes taking place every second, the very reason we need so many cops in the 1st place - but that is not about to decrease. So if cops (people are charged) with baby sitting 'other' people...then like a baby sitter, they are the ones required to show more responsibility because they had the gun and only that reason.


Police are a necessary component of any organized civilized society, but they are the people they serve and they must live up to that. Right now, they are failing miserably due to a number of bad actors hiding among a larger number of decent officers.

Endorsing them all no matter what is wreckless and keeps the bad ones committing bad/illegal acts.

BN747


A large number of bad apples? 17 unarmed people were killed by cops last year. Most were likely caught in cross fire etc, but let’s say 30% were maliciously murdered. That’s 6 very bad apples among 913,000 Leos in the US. Is 6 people way too many? Yes. Do bad apples certainly exist? Yes, but I don’t there are as many as you state.

Btw, 56 officers were gunned down.

As someone who deals with Leos extensively both at my work, amongst my friends, and my family, no one I know is looking to end someone’s life. Have my friends and family taken someone’s life? Yes.... but when you turn a corner and a dude has a shotgun pointed at your face and is high as hell on who knows what, what would you do?

I’ve had a friend use a taser 3 times on a meth head during a traffic stop, and the unarmed individual still managed to nearly throw him off a 150 foot tall bridge. That individual was not killed, even though I would not have faulted him in the least if he had used lethal force.

To summarize, maybe less broad brushes when describing Leos in this country, the vast majority of which signed up to give back to their communities and provide safety to its citizens. Yes, there are some bad apples, but every group has them and generally they don’t define the group as a whole.

Btw, im still laughing at the dude that wondered why he has a bad relationship with “blue isis” and then brags about him flicking them off. Luckily for you the cops I know would also laugh that off and still come to your immediate aid if you needed some.


I really want to see where you get your numbers from, because in 2018, 164 officers were killed in the line of duty, of which, only 52 were gunned down. In contrast, 992 people were fatally shot by police in 2018. 47 of them were unarmed, many others might have been in a vehicle or had a toy gun/knife but were fleeing. 35 were unknown. In 2019, 32 unarmed individuals have already been shot dead by police.

I know the entire militia enjoys killing people while reaping the benefits from our tax dollars but it's 2019, we have to change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2019/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2018/
https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2018



I was referencing partial year numbers, and didn’t realize. So 47, say 30% were malicious outright murder. That’s 17. You’re slandering 900,000 as the equivalent of ISIS for the actions of ~17 people. That’s a heck of a broad brush and a pretty small militia.
 
AirplaneFixer
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:14 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:22 am

Super80Fan wrote:
N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:


I know the entire militia enjoys killing people while reaping the benefits from our tax dollars but it's 2019, we have to change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2019/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2018/
https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2018



Super80fan (crap airplane by the way) Show me proof that the "militia" enjoy killing people. I want hard facts and data that prove they enjoy killing. Let's see what ya got.
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1622
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:33 am

AirplaneFixer wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
N757ST wrote:



Super80fan (crap airplane by the way) Show me proof that the "militia" enjoy killing people. I want hard facts and data that prove they enjoy killing. Let's see what ya got.


I'm not the person to ask, go up to a cop and ask them why they became one. More often than not the answer will be that they were bullied in high school and didn't have the smarts to go through college or a trade school so this is what they become, to enact some sort of "revenge" on the "public" they think "wronged" them.

Many of course won't admit they are very active in the Klan.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways
 
N757ST
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:59 am

Super80Fan wrote:
AirplaneFixer wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:



Super80fan (crap airplane by the way) Show me proof that the "militia" enjoy killing people. I want hard facts and data that prove they enjoy killing. Let's see what ya got.


I'm not the person to ask, go up to a cop and ask them why they became one. More often than not the answer will be that they were bullied in high school and didn't have the smarts to go through college or a trade school so this is what they become, to enact some sort of "revenge" on the "public" they think "wronged" them.

Many of course won't admit they are very active in the Klan.



Every cop I know went to college. Staties in my state are basically required to have it. Try again.
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1622
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:47 am

N757ST wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
AirplaneFixer wrote:


Super80fan (crap airplane by the way) Show me proof that the "militia" enjoy killing people. I want hard facts and data that prove they enjoy killing. Let's see what ya got.


I'm not the person to ask, go up to a cop and ask them why they became one. More often than not the answer will be that they were bullied in high school and didn't have the smarts to go through college or a trade school so this is what they become, to enact some sort of "revenge" on the "public" they think "wronged" them.

Many of course won't admit they are very active in the Klan.



Every cop I know went to college. Staties in my state are basically required to have it. Try again.


Just a sample:

NYPD - 60 college credits with a 2.0 GPA, hardly a 4 year college program with good grades.
LAPD - High School diploma, GED, or equivalency certificate
Minneapolis PD - Associates Degree
Orlando PD - High School diploma or equivalent

Hardly 4 years of college and a bachelors degree needed. This is also the large, competitive major cities police departments, this does not include the little county sheriff in Hicksville USA that only requires you to show up and hold a gun.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/careers/ ... iring.page
https://www.criminaljusticedegreeschool ... quirements
https://www.joinlapd.com/qualifications
https://www.orlando.gov/Public-Safety/O ... ce-Officer
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways
 
alfa164
Posts: 3020
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:04 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
One thing Trump is proving to the world, and more importantly to Americans, that the USA is truly no more exceptional than any banana republic.
afcjets wrote:
Kids today are exposed to more anti-Americanism in class than someone who was raised by parents who grew up in the 1940s in small town Oklahoma.

Oh is that what we're calling "history" now? "The United States ranks 45th in infant mortality, 46th in maternal mortality, and 36th in life expectancy."
Ah the pro life knuckle draggers working their magique. We need more prayers stat!


But we are number one in mass shootings by deranged right-wingers with easy access to guns!

That should count for something, shouldn't it?

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
N757ST
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:05 am

Super80Fan wrote:
N757ST wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

I'm not the person to ask, go up to a cop and ask them why they became one. More often than not the answer will be that they were bullied in high school and didn't have the smarts to go through college or a trade school so this is what they become, to enact some sort of "revenge" on the "public" they think "wronged" them.

Many of course won't admit they are very active in the Klan.



Every cop I know went to college. Staties in my state are basically required to have it. Try again.


Just a sample:

NYPD - 60 college credits with a 2.0 GPA, hardly a 4 year college program with good grades.
LAPD - High School diploma, GED, or equivalency certificate
Minneapolis PD - Associates Degree
Orlando PD - High School diploma or equivalent

Hardly 4 years of college and a bachelors degree needed. This is also the large, competitive major cities police departments, this does not include the little county sheriff in Hicksville USA that only requires you to show up and hold a gun.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/careers/ ... iring.page
https://www.criminaljusticedegreeschool ... quirements
https://www.joinlapd.com/qualifications
https://www.orlando.gov/Public-Safety/O ... ce-Officer



Surely you realize there’s a difference between minimums and competitive minimums. Do you Delta, United, America, and Jetblue really hire pilots with 1500TT and a wet ATP with no college degree? Same as my state and most of the local municipalities, I said a degree is “basically” a requirement, few get in without one. The vast majority have 4 year degrees, those that don’t have one usually have a special background like ex military.
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12236
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 am

1989worstyear wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
1989worstyear wrote:

Oh, I was referring to the youth court age - it just sounds like something from New York and not Wellington:

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/13-09- ... eputation/


That doesn’t worry me overly much, a 17 year old is old enough to know right from wrong, if the crime is worthy of a sentence still them in with the adults.


Oh, I'm not talking about murder or assault here.

So if a 17 year old gets caught with a couple grams of weed he should live with it for the rest of his life? What if a girl he met lied about her age and was a couple months shy of 16? Isn't he now an adult sex offender for the rest of his life and will be lumped in with every violent predator in the nation?

This sounds very similar to the "tough on crime" sentiment prevalent in the US that has helped contribute to the staggering incarceration statistics they have now.


NZ police would most likely give a 17 year old teenager with a few grams of weed a warning at most. As for sex with an under 16 year old unless the parents want to press charges nothing's going to happen, NZ is not like the US in this respect. I know a lot of people including myself who had sex under the age of consent, none of them were ever arrested for it.

What you haven mentioned are minor crimes, murder, rape, assault are not minor crimes, if a 17 year old commits them, the book needs to be hurled at them.
 
N1611B
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:54 am

Super80Fan wrote:
N1611B wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

I think you're the one I need to buy a plane ticket for, you enjoy police states so I can just buy you a ticket to China or North Korea where you can suck up to the military/police forces all you want.

I lived in Orlando for a few years, I've already gave the middle finger to more OPD officers than I can count, but I'll still take a free plane ticket.

Blue ISIS is not here protecting you and me, they are here to protect politicians, large corporations, and the rich. They hate accountability and hate the Constitution.


As someone who works with police officers daily, I can wholeheartedly say that you are wrong. The only people who seem to hate the police as much as you do are either criminals, family members of criminals, anarchists, or people who are just plain clueless. There's a reason why three quarters of Americans have a positive opinion of our police officers.


I've never gotten a ticket/charged/arrested for anything, family members are lawyers who have never been charged/arrested for anything, and I challenge you on the "three quarters of Americans have a positive opinion". Maybe 3/4 of those who never went to school and live in Hickstown USA bow down to authority. but in most major cities, even us 9-5 respect the law types can't stand when Blue ISIS is out on the streets picking on a minority.

Like I said, maybe things will change when they start respecting the Constitution and stop taking orders on behalf of the 1% but until then they deserve everything they got coming to them.


Gallup did a poll that showed that 70%+ of Americans have a positive opinion of the police. The rest of your post is conspiracy theory drivel.
 
N1611B
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:56 am

Super80Fan wrote:
N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Of course no one wants to believe their kid/uncle/dad whomever 'didn't do it' when it comes to police trouble! Most people here who've been pulled over by cops give the 'I didn't know, officer' bullshit excuse!

I once answered the 'where are you headed to in such hurry, fella'..with 'Trying to make last call for happy hour last call'...honesty -worked.

But most people will lie as the degree on seriousness steepens.

But that statistic whatever it is (I'd say way higher than 50%) in no way justifies the killing of innocents - for which you clearly have no concern.

Truthfulness should always be more encumbered on Law Enforcement as opposed to the unarmed citizen, for he/she is the Law.

They MUST be held to a higher standard of conduct.

If we citizens acted more responsible instead of the whiny, bitchy domestic disputes taking place every second, the very reason we need so many cops in the 1st place - but that is not about to decrease. So if cops (people are charged) with baby sitting 'other' people...then like a baby sitter, they are the ones required to show more responsibility because they had the gun and only that reason.


Police are a necessary component of any organized civilized society, but they are the people they serve and they must live up to that. Right now, they are failing miserably due to a number of bad actors hiding among a larger number of decent officers.

Endorsing them all no matter what is wreckless and keeps the bad ones committing bad/illegal acts.

BN747


A large number of bad apples? 17 unarmed people were killed by cops last year. Most were likely caught in cross fire etc, but let’s say 30% were maliciously murdered. That’s 6 very bad apples among 913,000 Leos in the US. Is 6 people way too many? Yes. Do bad apples certainly exist? Yes, but I don’t there are as many as you state.

Btw, 56 officers were gunned down.

As someone who deals with Leos extensively both at my work, amongst my friends, and my family, no one I know is looking to end someone’s life. Have my friends and family taken someone’s life? Yes.... but when you turn a corner and a dude has a shotgun pointed at your face and is high as hell on who knows what, what would you do?

I’ve had a friend use a taser 3 times on a meth head during a traffic stop, and the unarmed individual still managed to nearly throw him off a 150 foot tall bridge. That individual was not killed, even though I would not have faulted him in the least if he had used lethal force.

To summarize, maybe less broad brushes when describing Leos in this country, the vast majority of which signed up to give back to their communities and provide safety to its citizens. Yes, there are some bad apples, but every group has them and generally they don’t define the group as a whole.

Btw, im still laughing at the dude that wondered why he has a bad relationship with “blue isis” and then brags about him flicking them off. Luckily for you the cops I know would also laugh that off and still come to your immediate aid if you needed some.


I really want to see where you get your numbers from, because in 2018, 164 officers were killed in the line of duty, of which, only 52 were gunned down. In contrast, 992 people were fatally shot by police in 2018. 47 of them were unarmed, many others might have been in a vehicle or had a toy gun/knife but were fleeing. 35 were unknown. In 2019, 32 unarmed individuals have already been shot dead by police.

I know the entire militia enjoys killing people while reaping the benefits from our tax dollars but it's 2019, we have to change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2019/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2018/
https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2018


If the 900,000 members of the "militia" really enjoy killing people, they are doing a horrible job at it. 900,000 cops, but only 1,000 people killed each year, 95% of whom are armed and/or directly attacking police officers. Sorry, but the facts don't support your argument. In reality, the facts prove that you are full of it.
 
WIederling
Posts: 8888
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:02 pm

N1611B wrote:
Gallup did a poll that showed that 70%+ of Americans have a positive opinion of the police. The rest of your post is conspiracy theory drivel.


90% of Americans have strong opinions but no foundational data to base those. :-)
Murphy is an optimist
 
DTVG
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Re: America the Mediocre

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:41 pm

WIederling wrote:
N1611B wrote:
Gallup did a poll that showed that 70%+ of Americans have a positive opinion of the police. The rest of your post is conspiracy theory drivel.


90% of Americans have strong opinions but no foundational data to base those. :-)


True that. I remember reading a paper on the perception of inequality and how a sizeable chunk of Americans (disproportionately compared to other countries) overestimate what income class they are in. Makes me wonder, but maybe this (over-)optimism is the ground for their overall success?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dik909 and 75 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos