User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

POTUS Slurring Words Again

Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:23 am

As reported by the UK’s Independent, in speech yesterday with reporters and also at a veterans’ event, there were several notable instances of slurred words and difficulty completing sentences. Are these possible indications POTUS has declining mental faculties?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 74261.html

This would seem to comport with other observations that in comparison to TV appearances 10 years ago, there has been a marked decline in 45’s vernacular range and diction. Some conservative commentators are also worried that much of what’s going on is not strategic on the WH’s part, but endemic to ongoing cognition issues.

https://thebulwark.com/there-is-no-meth ... s-madness/

If this is all actually the case, what can/should be done?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20429
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:51 am

I am the last person to defend this guy but think about the schedule a legitimate president has. It is brutal. Obama had flubs. GWB had flubs. Clinton had flubs. I am not concerned with mix ups and slurring speech. I am WAAAAAAAY more concerned that he calls himself "King Of Israel" and "The Chosen One" and we need to vote for him so he can fix things. I am WAAAAAAY more concerned with his delusions of grandeur than a few slurred words.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:28 am

seb146 wrote:
I am the last person to defend this guy but think about the schedule a legitimate president has. It is brutal. Obama had flubs. GWB had flubs. Clinton had flubs. I am not concerned with mix ups and slurring speech. I am WAAAAAAAY more concerned that he calls himself "King Of Israel" and "The Chosen One" and we need to vote for him so he can fix things. I am WAAAAAAY more concerned with his delusions of grandeur than a few slurred words.


He golfs every weekend, doesn’t exercise, seems to have a lot of ‘executive time’, watches TV instead of staying up late studying policy docs - is his schedule really as grueling as we would otherwise assume? And the decline in his speech and articulation from just a few years ago may not be a ‘today’s fatigue’ issue as much as legit cognitive decline.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:31 am

Aaron747 wrote:
And the decline in his speech and articulation from just a few years ago may not be a ‘today’s fatigue’ issue as much as legit cognitive decline.


he even forgets policy instructions he gave......

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11721
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Could also be some medicine he takes or doesn't take, but that goes with the mental decline, which is not in doubt in my opinion.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7478
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:22 pm

seb146 wrote:
I am the last person to defend this guy but think about the schedule a legitimate president has. It is brutal. Obama had flubs. GWB had flubs. Clinton had flubs. I am not concerned with mix ups and slurring speech. I am WAAAAAAAY more concerned that he calls himself "King Of Israel" and "The Chosen One" and we need to vote for him so he can fix things. I am WAAAAAAY more concerned with his delusions of grandeur than a few slurred words.

Ah yes...excess "Executive Time" and weekend getaways really take a toll on you, don't they?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 2201
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Perhaps someday the U.S. Constitution will be amended so that a president-elect can assume office at age 30 (currently 35) and the maximum age would be set at 65 (currently no age cap) when assuming office.
 
BravoOne
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Agree with the above but then we have Joe Biden. Someone please step on both sides and show some leadership.
 
Airstud
Posts: 4649
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:52 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Are these possible indications POTUS has declining mental faculties?


Can you squeeze water from a rock?
Pancakes are delicious.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11721
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:09 am

I don't think there should be age limits either way. The people get a vote, if a 20 yo by some miracle gets elected, why not ? At least that person will take decisions that will affect his/her life too, regarding the environment for example.

For the other side of the age spectrum, it should all be about health.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
777222LR
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:04 am

The worst I've seen the president slur his words was when he was doing a press conference on moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-vKebt4U8

My grandmother had false teeth, and I feel this is very similar to what she sounded like when her's weren't secured. I'm actually curious whether or not he has false teeth on his lowers and they were falling out.
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Aesma wrote:
I don't think there should be age limits either way. The people get a vote, if a 20 yo by some miracle gets elected, why not ? At least that person will take decisions that will affect his/her life too, regarding the environment for example.

For the other side of the age spectrum, it should all be about health.


The US Constitution states that a POTUS needs to be at least 35 years old. For Senators it’s 30 years old, and for Representatives it’s 25 years old. Given the hurdles involved in amending the Constitution, those limits won’t be changed anytime soon.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:11 pm

777222LR wrote:
The worst I've seen the president slur his words was when he was doing a press conference on moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-vKebt4U8

My grandmother had false teeth, and I feel this is very similar to what she sounded like when her's weren't secured. I'm actually curious whether or not he has false teeth on his lowers and they were falling out.


Pretty sure his false teeth are the uppers...his lowers look real.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:25 pm

Trump’s decline is clear to anyone that is honest with themselves. His vocabulary is extremely limited these days. He’s swapping out similar sounding words that bear no resemblance in meaning. Just watch some of Trump’s freewheeling interviews from Letterman. This is Trump’s baseline cognitive function as an adult.

Here he is in 2013: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PR_SoJpWzOA

Here in 1998: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yBYJJQcXqJQ

Now compare those to any of his most recent interviews. He is often angry, rambling, and confusing. All hallmarks of cognitive decline. Listen for how many unique words he uses compared to the above.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14229
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:16 pm

I think there are 3 possible factors in his behaviors of slurred and disjointed speaking.
1) He could be in an early state of Alzheimer's disease. He father had it.
2) While he doesn't drink (and apparently rarely as an adult due to his brother dying of alcoholism related disease), he may be taking drugs with side affects
3) Doesn't get enough sleep. Either by choice or has a condition, possibly sleep apania which could be connected to his obesity, that mean he doesn't get enough quality sleep.
So far it may not meet the criteria to suspend his powers as President under the 25th Amendment, but I agree that serious examination by qualified medical professionals, like from a military hospital but better from private practice ones.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20429
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:46 pm

Let's also mention he chose his personal doctor to give him a physical.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Ken777
Posts: 9879
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:45 pm

If this an indication of mini strokes you would think his doctors would be right on top of that - unless he refuses testing and treatment. Maybe Stormy can get a few of her friends in the business to give Fat Boy an overnight work out to clear out any clots . . .
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20429
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:29 am

My grandmother had Alzheimer's. She was never ever like this. She never had any alcohol her entire life. She was always soft spoken. She did mix up her words from time to time and that got worse. As the disease progressed in her, she also claimed to have long conversations with her deceased husband and son, who died when he was three. I know there are advancements in Alzheimer's research but I do not think the occupant of the White House has this.

Ken mentioned mini strokes. This sounds more probable. With his diet and little exercise, at his age and weight, that would seem more likely. Although this would not explain the delusions of grandeur and "hereby declaring" companies not deal with China and saying he is King of Israel.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:29 am

seb146 wrote:
My grandmother had Alzheimer's. She was never ever like this. She never had any alcohol her entire life. She was always soft spoken. She did mix up her words from time to time and that got worse. As the disease progressed in her, she also claimed to have long conversations with her deceased husband and son, who died when he was three. I know there are advancements in Alzheimer's research but I do not think the occupant of the White House has this.

Ken mentioned mini strokes. This sounds more probable. With his diet and little exercise, at his age and weight, that would seem more likely. Although this would not explain the delusions of grandeur and "hereby declaring" companies not deal with China and saying he is King of Israel.


Have no fear, he ‘explained’ today that the Emergency Economic Powers Act of 1977 gives him the authority to ‘hereby’ order companies around. :boggled:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20429
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: POTUS Slurring Words Again

Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:10 am

Aaron747 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
My grandmother had Alzheimer's. She was never ever like this. She never had any alcohol her entire life. She was always soft spoken. She did mix up her words from time to time and that got worse. As the disease progressed in her, she also claimed to have long conversations with her deceased husband and son, who died when he was three. I know there are advancements in Alzheimer's research but I do not think the occupant of the White House has this.

Ken mentioned mini strokes. This sounds more probable. With his diet and little exercise, at his age and weight, that would seem more likely. Although this would not explain the delusions of grandeur and "hereby declaring" companies not deal with China and saying he is King of Israel.


Have no fear, he ‘explained’ today that the Emergency Economic Powers Act of 1977 gives him the authority to ‘hereby’ order companies around. :boggled:


He keeps talking about "executive orders" and his followers just say "yes master" as if they have forgotten the gnashing of teeth and rending of garments when Obama dared even whisper those Satanic words.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lentokone, masi1157, Number6 and 53 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos