MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17583
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:01 pm

In the least surprising news ever:

"footage taken by an undercover liberal activist in May and described on Monday by the Portland Mercury showed Ngo witnessing activists from the far-right group Patriot Prayer planning a violent confrontation at a bar associated with left-wing activists. Ngo never reported on what he had seen the Patriot Prayer members planning, and some of the people involved in the attack at the bar now face felony riot charges."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/andy-ngo- ... s?ref=home
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
extender
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:06 pm

Grasping at straws? Justifying a beat down?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9726
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:16 pm

Nope, just demonstrating that these conservative 'journalists' only report whatever supports how they feel - no different than MSNBC.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9301
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:23 pm

extender wrote:
Grasping at straws? Justifying a beat down?


is that what you are doing?

Seems to me that the So called "journalist" Ngo is nothing of the sort.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17583
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:29 pm

extender wrote:
Grasping at straws? Justifying a beat down?

Andy Ngo? Yes to both.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
extender
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:30 pm

Oh boy, you guys really get to work yourselves into a collective lather over something that never happened. Good to know.
 
N1611B
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:46 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Nope, just demonstrating that these conservative 'journalists' only report whatever supports how they feel - no different than MSNBC.


Yup. The "media" as a whole sucks in this country. Everyone has an agenda, and the media is able to pick and choose which stories to tell people about based on whatever agenda they want to push at the moment.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9301
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:32 pm

Good article from a week ago on who Andy Ngo is and how he came to get prominent.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/08/andy ... nd-bigotry

One political organizer in Portland who has received death threats stemming from Ngo’s work says, “It’s an arms race for money, and the narrative isn’t the point — the grift is. The larger, more offensive thing you can do, the system rewards it.”

This appears to be Ngo’s model. He uses social media to push biased opinions in conjunction with selectively edited videos that play to the bigotry of his audience. His followers get worked up, and this is often followed by a deluge of threats against his subject.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20737
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:42 pm

N1611B wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Nope, just demonstrating that these conservative 'journalists' only report whatever supports how they feel - no different than MSNBC.


Yup. The "media" as a whole sucks in this country. Everyone has an agenda, and the media is able to pick and choose which stories to tell people about based on whatever agenda they want to push at the moment.


The point of media anymore is not to report facts. The point of media is to sell. They need to get as much money as possible. The way to do that is to say the most ridiculous things they can. Selectively editing. The right wing media has been pushing the narrative that the right wing terrorists in Portland are completely innocent. Even though there is evidence they are not. The left wing media has been pushing the narrative that the right wing terrorists are violent. The problem is that some people are not willing to accept the truth lies somewhere in between. The problem is that some people look at both sides and choose one, instead of understanding there are in-between points.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
stratclub
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:08 pm

VG points. Both side of the issues have bad actors. The MSM does not report news, They many time just plain old report spins on the truth to increase circulation. What we need in journalism is a requirement for ethical standards. Seriously, lawyers have to adhere to ethics, why shouldn't journalists? What they report certainly does shape peoples opinions and given that if what they report is fraudulent, it is nothing more than propaganda to promote a false narrative.
 
N1611B
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:15 pm

seb146 wrote:
N1611B wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Nope, just demonstrating that these conservative 'journalists' only report whatever supports how they feel - no different than MSNBC.


Yup. The "media" as a whole sucks in this country. Everyone has an agenda, and the media is able to pick and choose which stories to tell people about based on whatever agenda they want to push at the moment.


The point of media anymore is not to report facts. The point of media is to sell. They need to get as much money as possible. The way to do that is to say the most ridiculous things they can. Selectively editing. The right wing media has been pushing the narrative that the right wing terrorists in Portland are completely innocent. Even though there is evidence they are not. The left wing media has been pushing the narrative that the right wing terrorists are violent. The problem is that some people are not willing to accept the truth lies somewhere in between. The problem is that some people look at both sides and choose one, instead of understanding there are in-between points.


People who are coexisting peacefully don't generate clicks. The media profits from turmoil, division, and conflict, even if that conflict is created and driven largely by the media itself.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9301
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:43 pm

stratclub wrote:
VG points. Both side of the issues have bad actors. The MSM does not report news, They many time just plain old report spins on the truth to increase circulation. What we need in journalism is a requirement for ethical standards. Seriously, lawyers have to adhere to ethics, why shouldn't journalists? What they report certainly does shape peoples opinions and given that if what they report is fraudulent, it is nothing more than propaganda to promote a false narrative.


Oh , so when your narrative unwinds, you blame both sides. HAHA Misdirection much? Do you get lost on the way to the bathroom?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
stratclub
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:14 pm

casinterest wrote:
stratclub wrote:
VG points. Both side of the issues have bad actors. The MSM does not report news, They many time just plain old report spins on the truth to increase circulation. What we need in journalism is a requirement for ethical standards. Seriously, lawyers have to adhere to ethics, why shouldn't journalists? What they report certainly does shape peoples opinions and given that if what they report is fraudulent, it is nothing more than propaganda to promote a false narrative.


Oh , so when your narrative unwinds, you blame both sides. HAHA Misdirection much? Do you get lost on the way to the bathroom?

Ah no. Just admitting that neither side is perfect. Just like not all Liberals use Fascist tactics like ANTI-ANTIFA does, not all conservatives are racists. If Andy is pushing a false narrative, then he is trying to deceive people which is not ethical.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9301
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:52 pm

stratclub wrote:
casinterest wrote:
stratclub wrote:
VG points. Both side of the issues have bad actors. The MSM does not report news, They many time just plain old report spins on the truth to increase circulation. What we need in journalism is a requirement for ethical standards. Seriously, lawyers have to adhere to ethics, why shouldn't journalists? What they report certainly does shape peoples opinions and given that if what they report is fraudulent, it is nothing more than propaganda to promote a false narrative.


Oh , so when your narrative unwinds, you blame both sides. HAHA Misdirection much? Do you get lost on the way to the bathroom?

Ah no. Just admitting that neither side is perfect. Just like not all Liberals use Fascist tactics like ANTI-ANTIFA does, not all conservatives are racists. If Andy is pushing a false narrative, then he is trying to deceive people which is not ethical.


Oh all of this after having spent over a week railing against Mainstream media. You know why they call it main stream? Because people with common sense can usually agree on it.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20737
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:33 pm

casinterest wrote:
stratclub wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Oh , so when your narrative unwinds, you blame both sides. HAHA Misdirection much? Do you get lost on the way to the bathroom?

Ah no. Just admitting that neither side is perfect. Just like not all Liberals use Fascist tactics like ANTI-ANTIFA does, not all conservatives are racists. If Andy is pushing a false narrative, then he is trying to deceive people which is not ethical.


Oh all of this after having spent over a week railing against Mainstream media. You know why they call it main stream? Because people with common sense can usually agree on it.


It all started after deregulation of the media under Reagan. Right wing pundits took to the airwaves insisting that "the main stream media is lying to you!" and people actually believed it. No fact checking or ethics. Just tell people they are oppressed and victims and tiny nuggets that sound plausible enough to make people think they actually ARE victims and oppressed. Look at all the righties outraged over "gay rights" and screaming that "The United States is a Christian nation!" and "my Christianity is under attack!" and willingly giving control to multinational corporations. All because they are being told they are victims.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
dmg626
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:10 am

seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
stratclub wrote:
Ah no. Just admitting that neither side is perfect. Just like not all Liberals use Fascist tactics like ANTI-ANTIFA does, not all conservatives are racists. If Andy is pushing a false narrative, then he is trying to deceive people which is not ethical.


Oh all of this after having spent over a week railing against Mainstream media. You know why they call it main stream? Because people with common sense can usually agree on it.


It all started after deregulation of the media under Reagan. Right wing pundits took to the airwaves insisting that "the main stream media is lying to you!" and people actually believed it. No fact checking or ethics. Just tell people they are oppressed and victims and tiny nuggets that sound plausible enough to make people think they actually ARE victims and oppressed. Look at all the righties outraged over "gay rights" and screaming that "The United States is a Christian nation!" and "my Christianity is under attack!" and willingly giving control to multinational corporations. All because they are being told they are victims.


That’s because the main stream media does lie to us
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9726
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:01 am

dmg626 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Oh all of this after having spent over a week railing against Mainstream media. You know why they call it main stream? Because people with common sense can usually agree on it.


It all started after deregulation of the media under Reagan. Right wing pundits took to the airwaves insisting that "the main stream media is lying to you!" and people actually believed it. No fact checking or ethics. Just tell people they are oppressed and victims and tiny nuggets that sound plausible enough to make people think they actually ARE victims and oppressed. Look at all the righties outraged over "gay rights" and screaming that "The United States is a Christian nation!" and "my Christianity is under attack!" and willingly giving control to multinational corporations. All because they are being told they are victims.


That’s because the main stream media does lie to us


Only in Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow’s worlds do two wrongs make a right.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
KFTG
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:22 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Nope, just demonstrating that these conservative 'journalists' only report whatever supports how they feel - no different than MSNBC.

I'm sorry, who has Rachel Maddow threatened to assault?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9726
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:29 am

KFTG wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Nope, just demonstrating that these conservative 'journalists' only report whatever supports how they feel - no different than MSNBC.

I'm sorry, who has Rachel Maddow threatened to assault?


Nobody, but her careless speculation hurt serious journalists trying to factually cover the Mueller investigation.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:30 pm

At least Andy Ngo grifted the wingnuts out of $195,000 before being exposed, and now the wingnut publications are scrubbing his name from their sites. He’s inconvenient now. https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/journa ... te-groups/
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9726
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:43 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
At least Andy Ngo grifted the wingnuts out of $195,000 before being exposed, and now the wingnut publications are scrubbing his name from their sites. He’s inconvenient now. https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/journa ... te-groups/


Grifting is what most of these wingnut 'journalists' and commentators do - Judge Hoebag Pirro is on her third book in as many years? Tom Fitton stole Judicial Watch from its founder and has been its president ever since...these people are real pieces of work.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20737
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:42 pm

Ngo sat in on meetings and knew full well that right wing terrorists were trying like everything to use violence. He then turns around and cries and whines and says that only the counter protesters are violent when a milkshake is thrown at him.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4678
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:45 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
At least Andy Ngo grifted the wingnuts out of $195,000 before being exposed, and now the wingnut publications are scrubbing his name from their sites. He’s inconvenient now. https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/journa ... te-groups/

The gofundme page organized by Michelle Malkin shows what an absolute joke she is. One would hope they'd have the decency to return that money, but I doubt that's going to happen.

So Andy Ngo is a fraud? Shocker. This has shades of Milo. Up until Milo was exposed as an apologist for pedophilia, I was being told that gay people should be listening to what he has to say. Sure....
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17583
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:41 pm

OA412 wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:
At least Andy Ngo grifted the wingnuts out of $195,000 before being exposed, and now the wingnut publications are scrubbing his name from their sites. He’s inconvenient now. https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/journa ... te-groups/

The gofundme page organized by Michelle Malkin shows what an absolute joke she is. One would hope they'd have the decency to return that money, but I doubt that's going to happen.

So Andy Ngo is a fraud? Shocker. This has shades of Milo. Up until Milo was exposed as an apologist for pedophilia, I was being told that gay people should be listening to what he has to say. Sure....

...A pedophile that is constantly heiling Hitler...but he's trolling or something :roll: ...because this is what republicans do now.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17583
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Andy Ngo witnesses Patriot Prayer planning violence, leaves that part out for some reason

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:24 pm

KFTG wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Nope, just demonstrating that these conservative 'journalists' only report whatever supports how they feel - no different than MSNBC.

I'm sorry, who has Rachel Maddow threatened to assault?

Seems like a false equivalency. It'd be hard to find a news organization more in bed--Kimberly Guilfoyle is literally banging Uday or Qusay Trump--with this administration, or any administration, than Faux
E pur si muove -Galileo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apodino, ArchGuy1, Google [Bot] and 51 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos