2122M
Topic Author

Re: The Kuleshov Effect

Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:33 pm

Ok, new thread, correct title, sooo:

1) Your title is incorrect / FIXED
2) There is no surprise that mass media networks are familiar with and use effective editing techniques. This is not exactly a conspiracy blown wide open.
3) If you think FOX, Brietbart, OAN etc.. don't do the same thing, you are truly delusional.

edit:

4) As noted above, you have no idea what the president means. If you was talking about an early 1900's film editing technique, why hasn't he said so?

This thread is STILL absurd.....

casinterest

Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:37 pm

So we could take about anything from fox news and right wing sites as well.

I could also refer to your use of demonizing words of "false" pppet" " bold faced lies" "failed attempt" as an example of propaganda.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Dutchy

Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:42 pm

stratclub wrote:
When the President talks about "Fake News", he is specifically talking about how MSM uses the Kuleshov Effect and even bold faced lies to deceive people.

Like noted in your first try, you cannot know what the President (Trump I suspect again) thinks. So that in itself makes this thread complete bullocks.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

2122M
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:47 pm

Just watch the video from the second link. This is too funny. They are accusing MSNBC of something terrible because they edited for time.

"They cut TWO minutes out of the speech!" - Well of course they did. There's no time to play 2 additional minutes of Trump rambling about an 'invasion'. The edit doesn't change the context or meaning of what Trump or the crowd are saying. He says 'how do we stop people from coming across the border.', someone says 'shoot them'. Trump laughs.

What a joke.....

2122M
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:58 pm

stratclub wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
stratclub wrote:
When the President talks about "Fake News", he is specifically talking about how MSM uses the Kuleshov Effect and even bold faced lies to deceive people.

Like noted in your first try, you cannot know what the President (Trump I suspect again) thinks. So that in itself makes this thread complete bullocks.

No, I was not talking about what he thinks, I was talking about what he means by fake news. If you can lay your TDS aside for a moment and review the MSNBC example, I would say that the term "Fake News" is spot on for the false narrative MSNBC spun off of what was actually said.

A) You very much claimed to know what Trump was thinking when you said "This is specifically what he is talking about"
B) MSNBC edited for time. Watch the whole clip and it's clear to me the MSNBC captures to context perfectly despite cutting out 5 minutes of nonsensical rambling by Trump about "big, strong rivers"

Dutchy

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:02 pm

stratclub wrote:
No, I was not talking about what he thinks, I was talking about what he means by fake news..

And how do you know what he means? Do you have any - unedited of course - type explaining what he means by fake news? Or some other way?

stratclub

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:06 pm

2122M wrote:
Just watch the video from the second link. This is too funny. They are accusing MSNBC of something terrible because they edited for time.

"They cut TWO minutes out of the speech!" - Well of course they did. There's no time to play 2 additional minutes of Trump rambling about an 'invasion'. The edit doesn't change the context or meaning of what Trump or the crowd are saying. He says 'how do we stop people from coming across the border.', someone says 'shoot them'. Trump laughs.

What a joke.....

Well actually, they edited to demonize what he said. The time constraint could have been handled in a more honest manner.

2122M
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:09 pm

stratclub wrote:
2122M wrote:

What a joke.....

Well actually, they edited to demonize what he said. The time constraint could have been handled in a more honest manner.

They didn't change his meaning or tone at all. He said, what can we do about these people coming across the border. Someone yelled, 'shoot them', and he laughed it up! That happened. The edit does nothing to change any of that, it just pares it down for time.

2122M
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 pm

Here's a video proving FOX news did something far more sinister than editing for time. They actually changed the words to a chant in order to make them sound like villains or cop-killers what that is not at all what was being said. I hope that dirves you crazy too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4tbMdoL6UI&t=109s

2122M
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:17 pm

Here's a whole playlist of FOX editing clips to confirm their bias:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAQ0E9r ... ED833C9047

seb146

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:36 pm

Interesting OP did not mention the half empty arenas where rallies are held for the anointed one. "There were thousands waiting and could not get in! We have the biggest crowds!" when the actual pictures show the opposite.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... y-seats-at
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:42 pm

Media has an agenda, all media. Presenters posing as journalists have agendas. Just take a look at NYT reporters who then become op-ed columnists on the editorial page, zero, none write anything contradictory to Pinch’s leftist agenda. Same at WaPo. Same everywhere in media.

GF

2122M
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:53 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Same everywhere in media.

He says while only mentioning what he would consider 'liberal' news organizations.

stratclub

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:00 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Media has an agenda, all media. Presenters posing as journalists have agendas. Just take a look at NYT reporters who then become op-ed columnists on the editorial page, zero, none write anything contradictory to Pinch’s leftist agenda. Same at WaPo. Same everywhere in media.

GF

I think there is a lot of truth in what you say, all MSM media (FOX included) are guilty to some extent of being biased and IMHO, by far, MSNBC works harder than most any news outlet to misinform. I can only stand a few minutes of that Rachel MadCow's TDS babel before I start feeling ill. What a horrid person.

NYT? They had an all hands meeting to emphasize the fact that the collusion hoax is loosing steam and it's time to pull out the racist hate card to use against The President and pound Racism into the masses. There were several other videos about this, but You Tube apparently has deleted or shadow banned them. Imagine that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECRQESwgwZs&t=16s
Slate full transcript: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... cript.html
Splinter: https://splinternews.com/new-york-times-staff-seems-pretty-fed-up-with-dean-baqu-1837289159
Republican bias - Ted Cruze: https://ijr.com/cruz-unloads-on-the-new ... ranscript/

Spar

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:47 am

stratclub wrote:
There were several other videos about this, but You Tube apparently has deleted or shadow banned them. Imagine that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECRQESwgwZs&t=16s
Slate full transcript: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... cript.html
Splinter: https://splinternews.com/new-york-times-staff-seems-pretty-fed-up-with-dean-baqu-1837289159
Republican bias - Ted Cruze: https://ijr.com/cruz-unloads-on-the-new ... ranscript/

Thanks for giving us a heads up on One America News Network (OANN), aka Breitbart lite. Both Vanity Fair and The Independent in London have said that the channel promotes falsehoods and conspiracy theories. That's about what I expected from your post.

Wow
The NYT had a staff meeting: surprise surprise.

BTW
Even without the NYT or any other news media I know Trump was a racist long before 2016. His use of language and past behavior left no doubt.

alfa164

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:58 am

stratclub wrote:
2122M wrote:
What a joke.....

Prove it. Show us what they edited that would make Trump look any less foolish than he already looks.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:38 am

stratclub wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

I think there is a lot of truth in what you say, all MSM media (FOX included) are guilty to some extent of being biased and IMHO, by far, MSNBC works harder than most any news outlet to misinform. I can only stand a few minutes of that Rachel MadCow's TDS babel before I start feeling ill. What a horrid person.

MSNBC does not deliberately lie to people by calling themselves "news" and "fair and balanced" so you can just stop that right there.

The difference between Sean MadMannity and Maddow is that Maddow went to school and is a Rhodes scholar. She speaks in calm tones. MadMannity screams. They both take quotes from politicians and use them to their own agenda. MadMannity takes things WAY out of context. Maddow explains why things like racism and bigotry and supporting mass shootings is bad.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Super80Fan

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:47 am

In this thread - sheep arguing about what manure they get fed into their willing mouths.

It's 2019, if you still listen to/believe the corporate news sources there is no hope for you, you are already beyond saving.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

Dutchy

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:41 am

Super80Fan wrote:
In this thread - sheep arguing about what manure they get fed into their willing mouths.

It's 2019, if you still listen to/believe the corporate news sources there is no hope for you, you are already beyond saving.

oh great, and how do you think we . should inform ourselves?

Dutchy

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:43 am

stratclub wrote:
MSNBC works harder than most any news outlet to misinform. I can only stand a few minutes of that Rachel MadCow's TDS babel before I start feeling ill. What a horrid person.

Please proof this very bold statement, if you can't don't say it because then you are just trolling. Just like this tread set up by you is just trolling.

johnboy

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:27 am

stratclub wrote:

I’m pretty sure Donald did that all by himself.

Super80Fan

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:19 am

Dutchy wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Independent news sources.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

2122M
Topic Author

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:45 am

Super80Fan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Independent news sources.

What are some of your favorites?