MaverickM11
Topic Author

Trump Administration Now Wants to Deport Children With Cancer

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:23 pm

" On August 7th, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) quietly eliminated a medical deferred action program that allowed severely ill undocumented immigrants and their families to remain in the United States to receive potentially lifesaving treatment. The decision to axe the policy was not announced publicly. Instead, families with pending applications were notified through letters from immigration officials informing them they have 33 days to leave the country or risk facing deportation. USCIS confirmed this week that it was ending the program."

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... re-878160/

Would you expect anything else from the most Christian Administration ever? Praise Jesus!
E pur si muove -Galileo

AirplaneFixer

Re: Trump Administration Now Wants to Deport Children With Cancer

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:50 pm

Eh, can pretty much close up this thread. All bases have been covered.

dmg626

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:20 pm

They can go back to their home countries and receive treatment.

seb146

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:57 pm

I wonder if any of these families were told by doctors in their home countries they could receive treatment here they don't have in their home countries or if they simply wandered north just because?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

einsteinboricua

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:27 pm

Cancer is contagious. It's good that they're deporting them. Otherwise, cancer will spread and all of us will have cancer. If a mosquito bites someone with cancer and bites someone else, they'll be infected with the cancer.

I know this is not true, but since when do Trump supporters care for science?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Ken777

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:00 pm

This is a big time Kiddy Killer. Doctors are not going to take kids off of respirators because of the whim of someone in Trump's Administration. Trump will have to order someone from ICE or Homeland Security to come in and pull the plus. And everyone is going to ensure they have some good video of the plug being pulled for Campaign Ads. Trump Lover's need to see this every day before the Election.

What I really want to see is the White House Reporters asking Trump on camera who was responsible for sending kids to die. Was it Stephen Miller? With MIller's public hatred of Hispanics he will be my bet. Trump just needs to take responsibility for the deaths - which might get Miller kicked out, Or at least on a bunch of MS-13 Hit List.

mham001

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:57 pm

Interesting article. So sick people are coming here illegally so we can save/prolong their life at public expense. Legal green card immigrants are not even eligible for those benefits for 10 years. How far do we take that? HIV, cerebral palsy, leukemia, muscular dystrophy, and epilepsy - do we save every kid in the world with an illness, as long as they are illegal??
And why are the Irish upset when they supposedly have all the health care they need in Europe? Or so we are told. But wait, I thought the whole anti-immigration thing was Racist! by eevil white people, why are white people being deported? This should make a lot of people here happy.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:11 pm

mham001 wrote:
Interesting article. So sick people are coming here illegally so we can save/prolong their life at public expense. Legal green card immigrants are not even eligible for those benefits for 10 years. How far do we take that? HIV, cerebral palsy, leukemia, muscular dystrophy, and epilepsy - do we save every kid in the world with an illness, as long as they are illegal??
And why are the Irish upset when they supposedly have all the health care they need in Europe? Or so we are told. But wait, I thought the whole anti-immigration thing was Racist! by eevil white people, why are white people being deported? This should make a lot of people here happy.

You think the Irish International Immigration Center only caters to Irish, don't you. Embarrassing.
E pur si muove -Galileo

910A

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:15 pm

The people in the initial PBS reports out of Boston are here legally with "special status" , the parents are allowed to work and the children qualify for health benefits. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/adm ... dical-care

Aaron747

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:16 pm

dmg626 wrote:
They can go back to their home countries and receive treatment.

Nah, Stephen Miller just isn’t done looking for ways to lose suburban voters.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

LittleSprocket

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:21 am

Yawn, another left wing article designed to drum up sentiment for the plight of those that broke our laws to get here. It is not our responsibility to care for the sick from every other country because they choose to enter our country illegally. What you should be asking yourself is why they come here to get their care on the taxpayers dime instead of seeking it in their home countries... you can’t tell me they don’t have cancer treatment centers in their home countries.

It is not America’s responsibility to care for the rest of the world, that would be the home countries responsibility.

Aaron747

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:37 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
Yawn, another left wing article designed to drum up sentiment for the plight of those that broke our laws to get here. It is not our responsibility to care for the sick from every other country because they choose to enter our country illegally. What you should be asking yourself is why they come here to get their care on the taxpayers dime instead of seeking it in their home countries... you can’t tell me they don’t have cancer treatment centers in their home countries.

It is not America’s responsibility to care for the rest of the world, that would be the home countries responsibility.

These people are not all illegals - some are homeowners, some already won asylum claims, others received visas on invitation from medical institutions and doctors running clinical trials. Painting with a broad brush on nuanced issues makes it impossible to have an adult discussion.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

777222LR

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:13 pm

What I hate about this whole thing, is that it is SO easy for you to just label them, "illegals," and be done and feel however you feel about them. It dehumanizes them to just call them a "them," or "illegals." They literally do everything you do during the day. You know that moment you may have had today when you sent your kid off to school and wondered about their safety? They had that too. You know that moment when your grandma died and you remembered those many times she gave you sweets when your parents wouldn't? They remember that, too. Remember when you got caught not doing your chores and your dad punished you by sending you to your room and grounding you? They remember that, too. For the majority of immigrants, they are no different than you are, except, their skin color is different, and they face much greater challenges than you ever have, as evidenced by your ability to debate their existence and right to be here from the comfort of your living room on your MacBook Pro. Must be hard for you to be so, #blessed...
Last edited by 777222LR on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WIederling

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:14 pm

seb146 wrote:
I wonder if any of these families were told by doctors in their home countries they could receive treatment here they don't have in their home countries or if they simply wandered north just because?

What about the strange ways of handling those children by the US administration?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical ... ted_States

Another case of human experiments?
Murphy is an optimist

VSMUT

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:33 pm

I don't understand, the US doesn't provide free public healthcare to its own citizens, does it? Why would immigrants and refugees be more entitled to it?

BravoOne

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:58 pm

They just take up space and resources the should be devoted to "legal" citizens.

If you are lucky enough to have not visited an emergency room lately, you would miss the obvious. To many illegals clog up the process of caring for those in need and legally here.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but that how it works. Maybe Canada would be a better place for them. Not working very well up there either from what my friends tell me.

Aaron747

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:23 pm

BravoOne wrote:
They just take up space and resources the should be devoted to "legal" citizens.

If you are lucky enough to have not visited an emergency room lately, you would miss the obvious. To many illegals clog up the process of caring for those in need and legally here.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but that how it works. Maybe Canada would be a better place for them. Not working very well up there either from what my friends tell me.

Meh, nothing that didn't already happen in the mid-19th century with the Irish, and then later Chinese and Italians. Same overreactions as ever.

ltbewr

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:45 pm

Many will support Trump's policy on this, especially those who jobs don't offer at all or affordable health insurance, cannot afford private insurance, or are not poor enough to get government paid healthcare, they have gone broke, into bankruptcy or have massive debts for treatments for their American born children for similar levels of severe health treatment needs. Problem is as others noted, hospitals are trying to show a humanitarian side by having these legally allowed foreign national children get the care they need as may have rare conditions or care for them is unavailable in their home countries. This 'send them home' policy is cruel and unusual punishment, I suspect many hospitals will fight this even if threatened with cuts in governments research grants and for care of citizens by Medicare or Medicaid.

The real answer is a USA health care system that offers affordable health care to all citizens and authorized foreign national residents but also taxes the employers of unauthorized foreign nationals to offset their real costs to taxpayers for health care and other basic needs.

johnboy

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:53 pm

At least we’re flushing out the real evil folks on here. Take notes and names.

Aaron747

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:59 pm

ltbewr wrote:
The real answer is a USA health care system that offers affordable health care to all citizens and authorized foreign national residents but also taxes the employers of unauthorized foreign nationals to offset their real costs to taxpayers for health care and other basic needs.

These policy adjustments are not even 45’s idea - they are Stephen Miller’s, but your point is logical and well taken.

Naturally there is much less for people to react badly to if a healthcare system is in place, as you describe, that stops pitting everyone’s health fortunes against one another.

seb146

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:14 pm

It seems to be yet another case of "one guy gives us the words he wants so we all need to be outraged".

On late night TV here, they run public service announcements like "don't text and drive" and "check your boat for invasive plants" and such. There is one from St. Jude Children's Hospital that reminds parents that they will not receive a bill for care and it is a respected research hospital.

What I am really sick and tired of, though, is the constant fear and hatred of non-white, non-English speaking people from this administration.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:23 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:

Your bellyaching about the taxpayer's dime might make sense if you weren't simultaneously driving the economy into a ditch while blasting the deficit to levels never seen before, while most red states are ravenous, lazy welfare queens in terms of federal taxes.

BravoOne wrote:

Working a helluva lot better than the USA. Far better outcomes for much less money. But freedom or Jesus or something :roll:
E pur si muove -Galileo

OA412

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:55 pm

BravoOne wrote:

I have visited an emergency room within the last year. I failed to see “illegals” gumming up the works. My care didn’t suffer because the emergency room prioritized those not here legally. A relative was just recently in emergency in a different state. Same outcome as mine. What you described is not happening.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

BravoOne

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:07 pm

OA412 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

I have visited an emergency room within the last year. I failed to see “illegals” gumming up the works. My care didn’t suffer because the emergency room prioritized those not here legally. A relative was just recently in emergency in a different state. Same outcome as mine. What you described is not happening.

You are absolutely wrong, but I don't intend tp debate this issue you, much less one of the mods as I might say something disrespectful.
Come to Las Vegas and check for yourself. End of discussion.

alfa164

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:21 pm

777222LR wrote:
What I hate about this whole thing, is that it is SO easy for you to just label them, "illegals," and be done and feel however you feel about them. It dehumanizes them to just call them a "them," or "illegals." They literally do everything you do during the day. You know that moment you may have had today when you sent your kid off to school and wondered about their safety? They had that too. You know that moment when your grandma died and you remembered those many times she gave you sweets when your parents wouldn't? They remember that, too. Remember when you got caught not doing your chores and your dad punished you by sending you to your room and grounding you? They remember that, too. For the majority of immigrants, they are no different than you are, except, their skin color is different, and they face much greater challenges than you ever have, as evidenced by your ability to debate their existence and right to be here from the comfort of your living room on your MacBook Pro. Must be hard for you to be so, #blessed...

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: This. We tend to forget; we are all a nation of immigrants. Everybody wants to be the last one able to come here, and seems to always want to shut the door behind him.

BravoOne wrote:

Who are your "legal" citizens. As far as I am concerned, I think Native Americans should be the only ones with the right to complain.

BravoOne wrote:

Ahhh... Las Vegas. That epitome of basic American culture and values...

:roll:
Last edited by alfa164 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:24 pm

BravoOne wrote:
OA412 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

You are absolutely wrong, but I don't intend tp debate this issue you, much less one of the mods as I might say something disrespectful.

Ah, yes. Let's visit emergency rooms in tourist destination because that is a clear and accurate picture of the entire United States. Maybe you should visit emergency rooms in rural America. Legal American citizens gumming up the works with their heart attacks and organ failure because they can not afford regular doctor visits.

Let's not forget the illegals who came here on student visas and just didn't go back or those illegals who came here on work visas and just didn't go back or those illegals who came here just to visit for a couple of weeks and didn't go back. Illegals come from all over the world, not just Central America.

BravoOne

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:05 pm

Lets see. A 4 hour visit to the ER. I EKG, 3 lab tests and never once in a doctors office. No ambulances required. Total bill $14,000+ Our insurance paid for it along with Medicare. Actually the American taxpayer paid these exorbitant rates so they could recapture all the money that the illegal's could not pay. Good thing it was not serious as the bill could have easily gone six figures. I don't care where they come from but we need some comprehensive immigration laws to put some order to the process.

By the way, while I said LAS, this actually happened in Henderson, which remains outside of the mainstream tourist destinations.

My daughter is an ER Dr, in Anchorage and not much different there either. You get seriousy injured, they fly you down to SEA.

seb146

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:14 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Lets see. A 4 hour visit to the ER. I EKG, 3 lab tests and never once in a doctors office. No ambulances required. Total bill $14,000+ Our insurance paid for it along with Medicare. Actually the American taxpayer paid these exorbitant rates so they could recapture all the money that the illegal's could not pay. Good thing it was not serious as the bill could have easily gone six figures. I don't care where they come from but we need some comprehensive immigration laws to put some order to the process.

By the way, while I said LAS, this actually happened in Henderson, which remains outside of the mainstream tourist destinations.

My daughter is an ER Dr, in Anchorage and not much different there either. You get seriousy injured, they fly you down to SEA.

You have forgotten the legal Americans who can not afford health insurance and can not pay an ER bill. That is wonderful you can afford a Cadillac plan and have all your medical expenses paid. However, for those of us in the real world, we can not afford much medical coverage.

Let's also look at what corporations charge for a bandage and cotton swab. Look at how much they decided to charge the insurance companies. You honestly believe the only reason medical costs are so high is illegals using emergency rooms. You are not taking into account how much corporations charge for things, how we have to pay huge prices for ambulance rides, follow up care, referrals.

Not only that, but those people who speak Spanish waiting in the ER, some of them actually are legal American citizens who, as I said before, can not afford health care.

Ken777

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:44 pm

VSMUT wrote:
I don't understand, the US doesn't provide free public healthcare to its own citizens, does it? Why would immigrants and refugees be more entitled to it?

The US does provide free health care to those who cannot afford it. Start with Medicaid, BIA, VA. Then add all the clinics & hospitals who are required to care for anyone needing health care. You should also understand that if you take a trip overseas and end up in an ER at a "foreign" hospital you will be taken care of even without insurance. Probably better care than a lot of ERs in the US.

It's simply the morals of the nation. It's pathetic in the Oval Office, but Americans are better than Trump and, in general, want medical care for others than they want for their families.

BTW, comment on TV News indicated that there are only about 1,000 toddlers/kids that are in this program. Think we have enough people in this country to take care of them?

BravoOne

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:16 pm

seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

You have forgotten the legal Americans who can not afford health insurance and can not pay an ER bill. That is wonderful you can afford a Cadillac plan and have all your medical expenses paid. However, for those of us in the real world, we can not afford much medical coverage.

Let's also look at what corporations charge for a bandage and cotton swab. Look at how much they decided to charge the insurance companies. You honestly believe the only reason medical costs are so high is illegals using emergency rooms. You are not taking into account how much corporations charge for things, how we have to pay huge prices for ambulance rides, follow up care, referrals.

Not only that, but those people who speak Spanish waiting in the ER, some of them actually are legal American citizens who, as I said before, can not afford health care.

Yea right! Your not legal if you can't speak English. I'm trying to imgine where you got your education on civics and citizenship. Having a hard time at the moment?

Spar

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:21 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Yea right! Your not legal if you can't speak English.

That's not true. Where did you get your education on visas and immigration law?

alfa164

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:28 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Yea right! Your not legal if you can't speak English. I'm trying to imgine where you got your education on civics and citizenship. Having a hard time at the moment?

Well, apparently you're not legal... you don't even know the difference between "your" and "you're"... and don't even mention "imagine".

Where did you get your education? . :roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Aaron747

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:35 am

BravoOne wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

???

USCIS has practice civics tests in Spanish and longtime permanent residents 50 or older can get an exemption from all English requirements. Why don’t you know how your own country works?

And anyway your other complaints are endemic to the broken healthcare system itself - $14K is highway robbery for a brief ER visit, the noninsured crowd could be workers from non union hotels, and Henderson may have inadequate hospital capacity by design to drive up demand and cost. Nice!

Super80Fan

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:47 am

Let’s work on getting actual US citizens free healthcare first before we open the floodgates of medical tourism.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

Aaron747

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:52 am

Super80Fan wrote:
Let’s work on getting actual US citizens free healthcare first before we open the floodgates of medical tourism.

Wouldn’t say the floodgates are open except to super-wealthy foreigners. According to USITC, about 100K-200K foreign entrants state medical care as the reason for their visit, meanwhile 150K-300K Americans seek medical care abroad per annum, mostly to save money.

seb146

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:35 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Wouldn’t say the floodgates are open except to super-wealthy foreigners. According to USITC, about 100K-200K foreign entrants state medical care as the reason for their visit, meanwhile 150K-300K Americans seek medical care abroad per annum, mostly to save money.

Like bus charters to Canada to purchase affordable medications

https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-08-08/ ... erns-about

seb146

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:40 am

Aaron747 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
seb146 wrote:

???

USCIS has practice civics tests in Spanish and longtime permanent residents 50 or older can get an exemption from all English requirements. Why don’t you know how your own country works?

And anyway your other complaints are endemic to the broken healthcare system itself - $14K is highway robbery for a brief ER visit, the noninsured crowd could be workers from non union hotels, and Henderson may have inadequate hospital capacity by design to drive up demand and cost. Nice!

The United States has not ever been English only ever. When we declared independence in 1776, We were only states immediately on the Atlantic coast. At that time, Mexico and Spain were controlling the Pacific coast and Russia was trying to settle along the Pacific Northwest. When France could not afford their Caribbean colonies, they sold Louisiana. Mexico still controlled the Southwest. We didn't even get what is now southern Arizona from Mexico until the very late 1800s

My point is: Spanish was the language in the West, including Henderson, Nevada, since at least the 1700s.....

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:42 am

Super80Fan wrote:

Spoiler alert! Republicans don't give a sh!t about US citizens getting healthcare either.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Super80Fan

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:02 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Spoiler alert! Republicans don't give a sh!t about US citizens getting healthcare either.

No, they don't. The GOP doesn't care about much besides their own pockets. At the same time, the Democrats would be doing a lot better if they put their support towards supporting free healthcare/education/perks for US citizens instead of those with no ties to this country.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

GDB

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:45 am

seb146 wrote:
It seems to be yet another case of "one guy gives us the words he wants so we all need to be outraged".

On late night TV here, they run public service announcements like "don't text and drive" and "check your boat for invasive plants" and such. There is one from St. Jude Children's Hospital that reminds parents that they will not receive a bill for care and it is a respected research hospital.

What I am really sick and tired of, though, is the constant fear and hatred of non-white, non-English speaking people from this administration.

In that Trump is reflecting his base, racist, ignorant, paranoid.

DL717

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:07 pm

I thought our healthcare system sucked. What’s the problem?

777222LR wrote:

Here’s a idea bro. Instead of coming here illegally, maybe they should rise up and take their country back from its corrupt leadership. Just a thought. Problem solved and better for everyone.

OA412 wrote:

Go to one next to the southern border then take a number behind your future citizens.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:50 pm

DL717 wrote:
I thought our healthcare system sucked. What’s the problem?.

It does suck. It's still better than Central America somehow.

777222LR wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Here’s a idea bro. Instead of coming here illegally, maybe they should rise up and take their country back from its corrupt leadership. Just a thought. Problem solved and better for everyone.

Bro, you'll NEVER guess who helped put down those 'uprisings' in the past, replacing them with their corporate friendly henchmen. Seriously. open a book.
E pur si muove -Galileo

SanDiegoLover

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:04 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
These people are not all illegals - some are homeowners, some already won asylum claims, others received visas on invitation from medical institutions and doctors running clinical trials. Painting with a broad brush on nuanced issues makes it impossible to have an adult discussion.

You’re forgetting that the current Republican Party desperately and fanatically love fetuses (feti?) but despise infants, children, mothers, et al... They only care about a heartbeat of a potential young being when it’s in the womb. Not the health of it, nor of the carrier / mother of it. They are only interested in making sure that lump of tissue with a heartbeat is delivered. Period. Although they are VERY concerned that the lump of tissue with a heartbeat’s carrier is delivering it in the appropriate country of origin. After the stamp of approval by the USDA that the piece of meat is born within the appropriate border, don’t bother them again until it becomes a fully viable, fully functioning taxpayer with net positive tax receipts, after age 25 or 30.

Aaron747

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:06 pm

DL717 wrote:

Typical. The healthcare system *does* suck - that doesn't mean practitioners or research institutions' resources do.

As for taking countries back, c'mon, surely you have heard of Battalion 316 in Honduras, the Contras in Nicaragua, and Salvador Allende in Chile? Yeah, see how they worked out, and why.

DL717

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:46 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Typical. The healthcare system *does* suck - that doesn't mean practitioners or research institutions' resources do.

As for taking countries back, c'mon, surely you have heard of Battalion 316 in Honduras, the Contras in Nicaragua, and Salvador Allende in Chile? Yeah, see how they worked out, and why.

Our healthcare system is just fine. Health insurance is the problem. Time to deregulate it like we should have done 10 years ago instead of this bastardized government mandate.

seb146

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:55 pm

DL717 wrote:

777222LR wrote:

Here's a idea bro. Look up B-2 Visa.

It is interesting how the narrative on the right has shifted. It went from brown people get free stuff from the government to brown people don't have anything so they clog up our emergency rooms. From "we have to block everyone coming from the south because the immigration system is broken" and, at the same time, "so what if a few people overstay their student or work visas?"

The narrative on the right is clear: it is okay to break the law if you are from the right country.

DL717

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:57 pm

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

777222LR wrote:

It is interesting how the narrative on the right has shifted. It went from brown people get free stuff from the government to brown people don't have anything so they clog up our emergency rooms. From "we have to block everyone coming from the south because the immigration system is broken" and, at the same time, "so what if a few people overstay their student or work visas?"

The narrative on the right is clear: it is okay to break the law if you are from the right country.

I think you need to visit the nearest hospital to the border in a border city for some perspective.

seb146

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:58 pm

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Our healthcare system is just fine. Health insurance is the problem. Time to deregulate it like we should have done 10 years ago instead of this bastardized government mandate.

Health insurance did not force manufacturers of insulin and EpiPens to raise their prices hundreds or thousands of dollars. Deregulation will just make prices worse for us who really want and need health care. Just like tort reform will do nothing for us consumers, deregulation will do nothing for us. Only for those at the top.

BTW, we were told in the 2016 debates and rallies that the current occupant of the White House would give us better and cheaper health care. Where is it? When are we getting it?

seb146

Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:03 pm

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

I think you need to visit the nearest hospital to the border in a border city for some perspective.

To see what? People who have no health insurance because it is too damn expensive? People visiting who had an accident? The right keeps trying to push the narrative that only illegals are to blame. The reality is health care costs are to blame. How many people sitting in an emergency room right now in, say Yuma, are illegal? By right wing standards, just count the ones speaking Spanish.

Do chest pains wait until you are in your home country or near an in-network doctor? Do drunk drivers only mow down people who have insurance? My point is: stop painting with a broad brush. Just because someone speaks Spanish does not mean they are illegal. Just because someone is in the ER does not mean they are gaming the system.

DL717

Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:04 pm

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Health insurance did not force manufacturers of insulin and EpiPens to raise their prices hundreds or thousands of dollars. Deregulation will just make prices worse for us who really want and need health care. Just like tort reform will do nothing for us consumers, deregulation will do nothing for us. Only for those at the top.

BTW, we were told in the 2016 debates and rallies that the current occupant of the White House would give us better and cheaper health care. Where is it? When are we getting it?

Deregulation brings cost down. Only someone on the left would think otherwise.