Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BN747
Topic Author

If J&J Fined $572mln why is this Cong. Member Unscathed

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Johnson & Johnson fine...
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/add ... rug-crisis
*link says 'billion' but fine is in the millions over the Opiod Abuse Crisis.

While a La. Congressman's two Pharmacies in two towns Louisiana towns with a combined population of less than 7000 people, sold 1,478,236 doses to that number (of course Not all citizens partook, I hope)...that's a Drug Dealer folks!

Add to that, he is a trained physician, ..he knows exactly how disproportionate that is - in his district.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/louisi ... 00-people/

Will the same Justice pay him a visit?

How many other medical professionals in Congress people are Drug Dealing and getting paid while knowingly skirting the law or in legal Drug Dealing, we can call it that, right?

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

seb146

Re: If J&J Fined $572mln why is this Cong. Member Unscathed

Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:38 pm

House members are so busy trying to raise money for the next campaign, they don't pay much attention to the little people in their home districts. I doubt he knew, anyway. The opioid problem is hitting rural Oregon as well. I doubt our representative will do much.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BN747
Topic Author

Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:48 pm

seb146 wrote:
House members are so busy trying to raise money for the next campaign, they don't pay much attention to the little people in their home districts. I doubt he knew, anyway. The opioid problem is hitting rural Oregon as well. I doubt our representative will do much.

If he's 'busy' raising money for re-electx, he certainly is keenly aware of the sudden spiking surge in sales coming from the least expected investments as his bank accounts expanded exponentially. That's paying excruciating attention to your money...which sounds like your description of him.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Spar

Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:13 pm

To make it clear:

The congressman, Rep. Ralph Abraham owned the two businesses (Clinic Pharmacy, and Adams Clinic Pharmacy) that sold those1,478,236 opioid doses in a town of 7,000.

alfa164

Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:55 am

seb146 wrote:

Even if he feels no need to pay attention to the "little people" (formerly known as his constituents and voters - the people who elected him to serve them), he should sat least pay attention to his own businesses... those businesses who contributed greatly to the local opioid crisis. And I do not mean "contributed" in the same way he seeks contributions...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

TSS

Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:41 am

Why isn't the angry mob with all the torches and pitchforks going after the doctors writing the prescriptions rather than the pharmacies that are only filling the prescriptions that the doctors write? Pharmacies know very well who the unethical pill-pushing doctors in their area are but even years ago they had little or no recourse as far as reporting these doctors for investigation or getting them shut down, and with modern HIPPA regulations in place they probably have even less power.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

TSS

Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:34 pm

^ Too late for edit, should have read "... but even 30 years ago... ".

I worked at a pharmacy in high school and the problem of unethical doctors scribbling out prescriptions for whatever the patient wanted for a fee was far from unknown then, but the general attitude from state licensing boards and other agencies when pharmacists would try to report these pill-pushers was "You're just pill-counters, not doctors, so mind your own business and don't bother us again!".
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!