jdstJD
Topic Author

Sharpie-gate

Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:42 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/05/politics ... index.html

Trump creates a hurricane danger zone for Alabama where one doesn’t exist because, well, because he just wanted to. Come on guys. Really? And it just so happens that falsifying an official weather map is a criminal offense. Is this really the best America has to offer as our President? November 2020 can’t come fast enough.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

einsteinboricua

Re: Sharpie-gate

Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Already being discussed in the Hurricane Dorian Path thread.

Oh, it's just a way to own them libruhlz and defeat the Deep State that's publishing fake forecasts.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Dutchy

Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:39 pm

It made it to the news over here, oh boy. You can smile about it, but this time there could be real-life consequences, people could panic. Good that the weather center immediately send out the correct info.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

777222LR

Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:53 pm

His ego is so fragile he is still going on about it today...

"But, Hillary, but Obama, but the fake news..." - Literally the biggest victim. Always the biggest victim.

2122M

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:13 pm

I cannot imagine an ego so fragile that he had a staffer obviously draw a circle around Alabama just so he could say he was right all along. Does he really believe people will see that obvious, garbage addition to the chart and think, "Oh hey, look at that! He was right!"? Will people do that? It's patently absurd and even the most ardent Trump-ist has to see that.

Do people really prefer a man that would do something as absurd as this over a man that can say, "Whoops, I got that wrong, my bad"?

I always thought the ability to recognize a mistake and own up to it was a positive quality in a person and something to be respected.

casinterest

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:40 pm

Same old story different day.
The Lying Racist lied again and again, and again, and again.

Did I mention Trump is incompetent ?
Where ever you go, there you are.

NIKV69

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:51 pm

jdstJD wrote:

November 2020 can’t come fast enough.

No it can't :rotfl:
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

BN747

Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:04 pm

2122M wrote:
I cannot imagine an ego so fragile that he had a staffer obviously draw a circle around Alabama just so he could say he was right all along. Does he really believe people will see that obvious, garbage addition to the chart and think, "Oh hey, look at that! He was right!"? Will people do that? It's patently absurd and even the most ardent Trump-ist has to see that.

Do people really prefer a man that would do something as absurd as this over a man that can say, "Whoops, I got that wrong, my bad"?

I always thought the ability to recognize a mistake and own up to it was a positive quality in a person and something to be respected.

You're not reading him 'properly', he obviously did it.

They been looping a piece for the last 24hrs of him 'praising Sharpies', their effectiveness and easy to write/read...shot exactly 1 year to-date.

It's such a poor 'arc' sketchy...only he could have done it. Plus his 'denial' body language is nearly patented, his dart side-to-side and he displays great discomfort forcing out the worse of 'I have no idea'...Oh he knows alright, so does everyone around him. I'm wondering just who is jumping up and down screaming "Me, me, me...' in seeking the chance to fall on a sword for him.

But, yeah....he's that f*n petty, like child changing his grade on a class paper.

Pathetic as is anyone singing his praises...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

einsteinboricua

Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:17 pm

Like I said in the Dorian thread: among my main concerns is that an agency that is non-politicized will now become embroiled in being part of a conspiracy against Trump and therefore must be dealt with.

I'm surprised I haven't seen calls to fire people at the NWS for saying that Trump lied though it's only a matter of time. Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson will likely be the first ones.

casinterest

Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:04 pm

The moron is still tweeting about it and using 34 mile per hour windcharts to justify himself from days before his original tweet.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 2123046913

Aaron747

Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:12 pm

People are in harm’s way in the Carolinas and half his tweets are ‘but I was right about Alabama! See! See!’ when each graphic posted shows he’s incapable of understanding forecast models. Then he abjectly lies (again) yesterday in the presser that there was a ‘95% probability’ which NOAA would NEVER issue days out and his ‘see see!’ charts don’t show. Can we get that mental health evaluation yet? FFS...
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

BravoOne

Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:57 pm

A total non event considering everything else that's going on in the world.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:04 pm

^ Precisely why sanity is needed in the WH.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

afcjets

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:20 pm

Dutchy wrote:
It made it to the news over here, oh boy. You can smile about it, but this time there could be real-life consequences, people could panic. Good that the weather center immediately send out the correct info.

People in the Southern US don't panic over hurricanes, the problem is the opposite and some people in the most vulnerable areas refuse to evacuate. They love to go to places like Costco and Walmart though and raid the place, especially bottled water.

MaverickM11

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:35 pm

BravoOne wrote:

Imagine if Trump and his followers had more than one brain cell between them--he'd have shut up about his mistake like a normal person, rather than making it exponentially worse, dumber, and more protracted in the news cycle
E pur si muove -Galileo

Airstud

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:35 am

This is an occasion where Trump's total lack of experience in public office shines through. Yes, days ago, he cited a then-current map that included southern Alabama in the storm's expected path. Yes, left-leaning media entities are making too big a deal out of it. But experienced office-holders have learned to let media crap and punditry crap roll off their backs. Trump is being his usual toddler self about it instead of fulfilling a key presidential duty in times of catastrophe, which is to steer the nation's attention toward ways everyone can help.

I'll be glad when he's out of office but I hope it's before the 2020 elections. He deserves the humiliation.
Pancakes are delicious.

WarRI1

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:42 am

[quote="Airstud"]This is an occasion where Trump's total lack of experience in public office shines through. Yes, days ago, he cited a then-current map that included southern Alabama in the storm's expected path. Yes, left-leaning media entities are making too big a deal out of it. But experienced office-holders have learned to let media crap and punditry crap roll off their backs. Trump is being his usual toddler self about it instead of fulfilling a key presidential duty in times of catastrophe, which is to steer the nation's attention toward ways everyone can help.

I'll be glad when he's out of office but I hope it's before the 2020 elections. He deserves the humiliation.[/quote

Amen to that., do I hear another Amen Brother!
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

BravoOne

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:22 am

Other thna a few internet groupies, no one cares about this either way. And for any other interference, only in your dreams.

BN747

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:49 am

BravoOne wrote:

BravoOne wrote:
Other thna a few internet groupies, no one cares about this either way. And for any other interference, only in your dreams.

Precisely.

Precisely, the thoughts of those who lack foresight and in-depth interpretation of something as simple as this.

What those who fail to see the damage (or don't want to see/know) is this...

Other World leaders - are watching this.
They are surely shaken to the core that America (and the world) is led by a impulsive petulant child. You do know that that talk and share opinions with each other.
Public statements have already been made that allies have eroding faith in America's leadership because of one fuck up after another aside from his public Putin suck jobs.

How this affects America from abroad is of no interest to those minds incapable of understanding what America has built abroad in the last 70 years...and that is how you lose the whole ballgame - ignorance and no concerned OR completely ignoring the 'little things'...

They all know, this fool can not be trusted with anything from his mouth, not one word.

How people find such blatant dishonesty, out right lies and deception as - okay....is beyond comprehension.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

MaverickM11

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:16 am

Airstud wrote:
This is an occasion where Trump's total lack of experience in public office shines through. Yes, days ago, he cited a then-current map that included southern Alabama in the storm's expected path. Yes, left-leaning media entities are making too big a deal out of it.

False. This is 100% self inflicted, like everything else he whines about.

BravoOne wrote:

The try-hard is strong with this one. It's remarkable stupidity, even by Trump standards, which is already the lowest you can get. But if Trump supporters cared about honesty in any way whatsoever, they wouldn't be Trump supporters.
E pur si muove -Galileo

BN747

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:03 am

WaPo: IT WAS TRUMP
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/it-was ... a-sharpie/

...I was right, but anyone who that's aware of his 'lying memes;..picks up on right away.

Now, go back at look at his demeanor as the reporter ask him where it came from...watch him squirm away from it as quickly as possible with 'I don't know, I don't know'.

It's past straight jacket hour....he needs to be strapped down and heavily sedated before he gets anyone else killed via twitter or opening his mouth.

ps..as I said above, he did find an eager beaver to take the blame ->https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump-finds-a-rear-admiral-willing-to-take-the-fall-for-his-incorrect-alabama-hurricane-projection/

....the never ending FUBAR factory, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. DC

BN747

seb146

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:23 am

He is not fit to hold office because of his many, many, many, many gaffes. The right is always saying this about Biden. Every major and minor gaffe is pointed out about the current occupant of the White House and we hear "so what? He is the leader. He is allowed a few slips. Not a big deal. It is who he is. Who cares?"

What is the difference?

EDIT:

Every single president ever since Washington have made mistakes and gaffes and said and done stupid things. Many real leaders will apologize and work hard to make sure those gaffes and stupid things do not happen again.

William Henry Harrison is the glaring exception. He made one mistake and paid with his life. But, still...
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BN747

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:37 am

We are all just lucky (esp. Alabama) that his excruciatingly limited intelligence/brain lacking capacity to grasp anything beyond 'the simple'...because
had he locked onto the commonly known mantra or idiom of.. 'X marks the Spot'...

Can you imagine the damage caused had he marked a black X over Alabama on the map?

Alabama would turn blue... okay, maybe not them, Mississippi or Arkansas but I think of a few other reds that would take offense.

BN747

einsteinboricua

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:34 pm

BravoOne wrote:

In case of an emergency, it's especially important that accurate information is sent out and only communicate urgency to areas that need it. When a hurricane is hundreds of miles away, with absolutely no chance of hitting an area, why do you have to put a state on alert? It's one thing if he said "Alabama may be impacted"; but he said "In addition to Florida,..., and Alabama will be hit (much) harder than anticipated[...]". What is the purpose of creating an atmosphere of panic in an area that, by then, was NOT forecast to receive ANY impact whatsoever?

And if this had been an off-the-cuff remark, it would have been let go...but he tweeted it, and unlike many people who admit when they make a mistake, he continues to double down by creating false data to suit his reality.

Which, again, raises the question: if he's willing to do this with an outdated hurricane forecast, will he do it with economic indicators?

Francoflier

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:53 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Which, again, raises the question: if he's willing to do this with an outdated hurricane forecast, will he do it with economic indicators?

He does it with everything.

There is barely a day when he doesn't tells some sort of absurd lie, untruth or completely distorted fact to please his base, rationalize his ludicrous actions or justify his incompetence.

This has been so since his campaign started. There is absolutely nothing new to this lunacy. This is just our daily reminder of this insane new World we live in where half of the population seems to be okay with him being President.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

casinterest

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Sharpies, because he thinks they help him stretch the truth.

einsteinboricua

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:22 pm

casinterest wrote:

That can be Sharpie's new ad.

Sharpie: stretch your imagination!

MaverickM11

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:47 pm

Francoflier wrote:
This has been so since his campaign started. There is absolutely nothing new to this lunacy. This is just our daily reminder of this insane new World we live in where half of the population seems to be okay with him being President.

Well it's clearly the fiscal discipline whoops economic management wait strong ally partnership putting brown/homo/mooselamb people in their place
E pur si muove -Galileo

Ken777

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:27 pm

casinterest wrote:

That's funny. Maybe the Dems will use it, along with other similar ads in the 2020 Campaign. Better yet, maybe some sane folks in the GOP will use kit to keep him from getting the nomination.

alfa164

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:18 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
^ Precisely why sanity is needed in the WH.

It is remarkably sad when the sharpest thing in the White House is... a marker...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

SanDiegoLover

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:17 pm

This whole thing is ludicrous. In this instance it’s not really that big of a deal per se. What frightens me is that this man is the CIC. God forbid he misspeaks about a battle, or a plan of action against an enemy. It’s clear he would order the military to do something stupid just so he doesn’t have to admit he made a mistake or simply misspoke. We’ve been lucky so far we haven’t had a major international issue while Dementia Don has been in office, but that day is coming, and overdue by historical standards.

johnboy

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:35 pm

afcjets wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

People in the Southern US don't panic over hurricanes, the problem is the opposite and some people in the most vulnerable areas refuse to evacuate. They love to go to places like Costco and Walmart though and raid the place, especially bottled water.

How dare they. :roll:

I’m always amazed how people get thru life with such a sour, piss-poor attitude. No wonder they adore Trump so much.

bennett123

Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:17 am

Why not just say hurricanes are unpredictable folks.

This is great news for Alabama.

PlymSpotter

Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Once again, the whole world is laughing at Donald Trump.

I'd be inclined to feel smug myself, if we didn't have our own prize idiot in Downing Street.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

seb146

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:21 pm

bennett123 wrote:

How is this great news for Alabama?

The science people who understand hurricanes don't think they are that unpredictable.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

jdstJD
Topic Author

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:55 pm

seb146 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

How is this great news for Alabama?

The science people who understand hurricanes don't think they are that unpredictable.

I think he/she means that it’s good news for Alabama that they were NOT in harms way as was originally thought (suggested by trump).
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

MaverickM11

Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:22 pm

bennett123 wrote:

Or you could not lie. And then spend a week lying about a lie. While the hurricane does actual damage in other states. Just a thought.
E pur si muove -Galileo

KFTG

Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:28 pm

He's still tweeting about it today.
Very stable genius.

casinterest

Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:12 am

Alabama sharpie-gate rolls on.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/a ... 422206.php

The NOAA was told on Sept 1 not to Contradict the Liar in the oval office.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/a ... 422206.php

It is almost like Trump wants to hide the fact that he is violating the emoluments clause by having Pence, Barr, and the US Air force staying at his properties.

How many Americans still support this disgrace to the US?

casinterest

Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:58 am

He has lost his mind. Cats with a laser pointer. Did Melania leave him?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0651271169

KFTG

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:37 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
No it can't :rotfl:

Why?
So millions more can be spend propping up Trump's failing properties overseas?
So the Saudis can spend millions more at Trump's hotel in DC?
So more children can be locked in cages?
So more radical, unqualified judges can be placed on the Federal bench for life?
So you can "own the libs" 4 more years at the expense of the Republic?

MaverickM11

Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:21 pm

casinterest wrote:
He has lost his mind. Cats with a laser pointer. Did Melania leave him?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0651271169

"Why do people keep covering this thing I keep drawing everyone's attention to??"
E pur si muove -Galileo

bennett123

Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Why can’t he just admit he got it wrong and move on?.

DIRECTFLT

Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCR3Kh2_BXg

Tropical Storm Nate is forming off the coast of Nicaragua....

Beware Alabamians !!!
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

einsteinboricua

Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:02 pm

A new low for the government, with NOAA disavowing the NWS's statement and backing up Trump.

I never thought NOAA would stoop so low but when its head is a Trump appointee and they report to Ross, another Trump lackey, it was expected.

BN747

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:12 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
A new low for the government, with NOAA disavowing the NWS's statement and backing up Trump.

I never thought NOAA would stoop so low but when its head is a Trump appointee and they report to Ross, another Trump lackey, it was expected.

The danger this represents to the Nation serves as pathway to the destruction of the Republic...and perfectly in line towards autocratic rule.

BN747

MaverickM11

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:20 pm

But wait! It gets worse.

"The Secretary of Commerce threatened to fire top employees at NOAA on Friday after the agency’s Birmingham office contradicted President Trump’s claim that Hurricane Dorian might hit Alabama, according to three people familiar with the discussion.

That threat led to an unusual, unsigned statement later that Friday by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration disavowing the office’s own position that Alabama was not at risk. "
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/clim ... TE98wzBz_c
E pur si muove -Galileo

MSPNWA

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:26 pm

bennett123 wrote:

You really except someone to lie with an admission?

MaverickM11

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:41 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

You really except someone to lie with an admission?

Says it all, really :lol:
E pur si muove -Galileo

MSPNWA

Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:46 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Says it all, really :lol:

Likewise. Fallacies lose.