alfa164
Posts: 2967
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Sharpie-gate

Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:49 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
But wait! It gets worse."The Secretary of Commerce threatened to fire top employees at NOAA on Friday after the agency’s Birmingham office contradicted President Trump’s claim that Hurricane Dorian might hit Alabama, according to three people familiar with the discussion.
That threat led to an unusual, unsigned statement later that Friday by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration disavowing the office’s own position that Alabama was not at risk. "
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/clim ... TE98wzBz_c


Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross? The guy who looks like the villain from Scooby-Doo? You mean he woke up long enough to threaten the nation's employees?

Surely not!

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9534
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Sharpie-gate

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:08 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Says it all, really :lol:

Likewise. Fallacies lose.


What part of ‘his Sept 1st tweet referred to days-old information’ do you not understand? By Sept 1st the NHC track projection was the model up the FL coast that played out. Everything he posted to ‘defend’ himself were NHC products from 8/30. The error was his - why do you defend ignorance from someone being updated (supposedly) several times daily?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Sharpie-gate

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:10 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Says it all, really :lol:

Likewise. Fallacies lose.

How so? Political considerations have forced a fallacy to be accredited.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 3343
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: Sharpie-gate

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:58 am

Aaron747 wrote:
What part of ‘his Sept 1st tweet referred to days-old information’ do you not understand? By Sept 1st the NHC track projection was the model up the FL coast that played out. Everything he posted to ‘defend’ himself were NHC products from 8/30. The error was his - why do you defend ignorance from someone being updated (supposedly) several times daily?


And now you've added another fallacy to the mix. Trump wasn't being crucified because he tweeted old information.

Instead of asking why Trump doesn't admit it, how about those with TDS just admit they got caught by fake news, and this isn't what you base votes on anyway.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17506
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Sharpie-gate

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:16 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
What part of ‘his Sept 1st tweet referred to days-old information’ do you not understand? By Sept 1st the NHC track projection was the model up the FL coast that played out. Everything he posted to ‘defend’ himself were NHC products from 8/30. The error was his - why do you defend ignorance from someone being updated (supposedly) several times daily?


And now you've added another fallacy to the mix. Trump wasn't being crucified because he tweeted old information.

Instead of asking why Trump doesn't admit it, how about those with TDS just admit they got caught by fake news, and this isn't what you base votes on anyway.

Projecting again dear? Which part was the fake news? Maybe your dear leader can get to the bottom of his Alabama tweet when he's done with his Messing/Teigen slap fight.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9534
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Sharpie-gate

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:35 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
What part of ‘his Sept 1st tweet referred to days-old information’ do you not understand? By Sept 1st the NHC track projection was the model up the FL coast that played out. Everything he posted to ‘defend’ himself were NHC products from 8/30. The error was his - why do you defend ignorance from someone being updated (supposedly) several times daily?


And now you've added another fallacy to the mix. Trump wasn't being crucified because he tweeted old information.

Instead of asking why Trump doesn't admit it, how about those with TDS just admit they got caught by fake news, and this isn't what you base votes on anyway.


Um nope not getting off that easy:

1. Define ‘fallacy’ as you have applied in this specific context.

2. Explain what aspect of the Alabama tweet on 9/1 story is ‘fake’
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20474
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Sharpie-gate

Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:18 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
What part of ‘his Sept 1st tweet referred to days-old information’ do you not understand? By Sept 1st the NHC track projection was the model up the FL coast that played out. Everything he posted to ‘defend’ himself were NHC products from 8/30. The error was his - why do you defend ignorance from someone being updated (supposedly) several times daily?


And now you've added another fallacy to the mix. Trump wasn't being crucified because he tweeted old information.


He and his followers keep being told it was old information and drawn on fake information and, instead of apologizing and saying it was old news and the least possible route, he keeps insisting it is real. His appointee to NOAA even says he is not to be contradicted. Not that he is right but not to contradict him.

We can not ever contradict or say anything wrong or bad or make fun of the occupant of the White House. Don't you see what is wrong with this? After everyone speaking out against every president from Washington to Obama but we can not now?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7504
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Sharpie-gate

Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:36 pm

seb146 wrote:
After everyone speaking out against every president from Washington to Obama but we can not now?

Well, I don't know when Republicans adopted this posture (Bush 1 was president when I was born). All I remember is that when Bush Jr was president, it was treasonous and unpatriotic to question a president's judgement, and if you ever spoke out against a president's actions (or his party's posture) you were no different than a terrorist...until the black guy got elected. Then it was our civil duty to question everything, we had to play devil's advocate, and we should not respect the office if we didn't agree with the person (Joe Wilson's "You lie" is an example)...until the orange man eked out an election win and now we're back to how things were from 2001-2009...with the added twist that if you question the president, you hate the country, you're a radical socialist, and that you should leave the country.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20474
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Sharpie-gate

Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:13 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
seb146 wrote:
After everyone speaking out against every president from Washington to Obama but we can not now?

Well, I don't know when Republicans adopted this posture (Bush 1 was president when I was born). All I remember is that when Bush Jr was president, it was treasonous and unpatriotic to question a president's judgement, and if you ever spoke out against a president's actions (or his party's posture) you were no different than a terrorist...until the black guy got elected. Then it was our civil duty to question everything, we had to play devil's advocate, and we should not respect the office if we didn't agree with the person (Joe Wilson's "You lie" is an example)...until the orange man eked out an election win and now we're back to how things were from 2001-2009...with the added twist that if you question the president, you hate the country, you're a radical socialist, and that you should leave the country.


I have been following politics since Reagan's first term. It has always been patriotic to speak out against policies of leaders. Just as it has always been patriotic to stand with policies of leaders. I know that sounds confusing, but not everyone agrees with what every leader does. People used to joke about Reagan's obsession with jellybeans and with GHWB's word salads. We could also be for or against their policies. I was against the first Gulf War because people were talking about GHWB possibly marching to Baghdad and ousting Saddam. I was against it and peacefully protested against it.

September 11 is different. We all were attacked that day. We all stood behind each other. We all knew which group was responsible. Somehow, it became Iraq. I feel that is when speaking out against Republicans became a bad thing. We saw a rise in yellow ribbon magnets and "get in front of our troops if you can't get behind them" and certain people insisting they are more patriotic because they would not question Republican leadership.

We, as Americans, should absolutely question leadership. Hold them accountable. This notion of blind loyalty is dangerous.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, anrec80, dmg626, MaverickM11, Mortyman, RushmoreAir, SanDiegoLover and 16 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos