NIKV69
Topic Author

American Football - It's back!

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:17 am

It's back! I am a Raider fan but they will suck this year as always. I mean let Mack get away? Not smart. I took the following 3 teams to win the SB.

Jags
Bears
Saints.

What say you?
Last edited by SQ22 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title was misleading
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

cranberrysaus

Re: FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:20 am

My Hokies have disappointed me earlier than usual this year. I guess it's good they got it out of the way lol.

Redskins will flounder as usual.

Aaron747

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:33 am

The Niners will be mediocre at best so I’ll continue to pop in the ‘94/‘89/‘88/‘84/‘82 videos whenever the need arises.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

zakuivcustom

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:37 am

Wait...you mean this thread is not for me to discuss how much Arsenal defense suck? :duck: :duck:

Ok, the other kind of Football.

CFB wise, Texas v LSU on Saturday should be fun (Hook 'em), and we'll see whether UT (No, not THAT UT (Tennessee) that manage to lose to Georgia State) football is finally back.
NFL wise, despite the Colts losing Luck due to retirement, I still have no hope for the Texans going anywhere.
Free Hong Kong! Free China!

AirplaneFixer

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:48 am

Yay football!! Let's watch a game that lasts a little over three hours long and has eleven minutes of actual playing time. And to top it off, a majority of the players on the field will eventually suffer from CTE and die from the affects of it. Great sport!!

stl07

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:50 am

St. Louis Battlehawks, LA wildcats, New york Guardians, DC Defenders, Seattle Dragons

Now these are some teams from the "correct" pro American football league
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:01 am

Don’t know what “correct” league they pay in, but I’m thinking it’s a bunch of guys playing a teenage girls’ game. They should be ashamed of themselves for not wanted concussions.

BN747

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:13 am

[quote="NIKV69"
What say you?[/quote]

....psssst! You have figured it out, right?

It's fixed...like 'Championship Wrestling', same scam.

BN747
3 attending SB games
4 attending PB games
A slew of regular season games
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

dragon-wings

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:36 am

I am a NY Giants fan and before the per season started I thought they would win maybe 3 games this year. But after watching them I can see them winning 6 to maybe 8 games. And Daniel Jones is looking pretty good. I wasn't sure about them picking him at #6 in the draft, but after watching him play I am feeling a lot better about him.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Aaron747

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:54 am

BN747 wrote:
[quote="NIKV69"
What say you?

BN747
3 attending SB games
4 attending PB games
A slew of regular season games[/quote]

I assure you there was nothing fixed about Montana, Rice, Taylor, Craig and the Niners secondary destroying the Broncos 55-10 in the SB to close out the ‘89 season. You can see Broncos players reacting in disbelief throughout the game. They got right trounced.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

jetwet1

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:59 am

Well the Packers D looked very under Packers like, if their O can get going it could be an interesting season for them.

stl07

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:07 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Don’t know what “correct” league they pay in, but I’m thinking it’s a bunch of guys playing a teenage girls’ game. They should be ashamed of themselves for not wanted concussions.

https://www.xfl.com/
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

seb146

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:15 am

Athletic men in oh, so tight pants sweating and running and yelling....

what were we talking about?

This means hockey season is close! YAY!!! GO CANUCKS GO!!

The Bucs will do nothing as always.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BN747

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:41 am

Aaron747 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
[quote="NIKV69"
What say you?

BN747
3 attending SB games
4 attending PB games

I assure you there was nothing fixed about Montana, Rice, Taylor, Craig and the Niners secondary destroying the Broncos 55-10 in the SB to close out the ‘89 season. You can see Broncos players reacting in disbelief throughout the game. They got right trounced.[/quote]

Dig deep my friend...dig deep.

Your comments reflect your perspective that 'It's a free range sport' above all...it isn't.

That takes a back seat to #1.

It's a Business First!

...and when you look deep into how ALL businesses run by a small cabal, their interest comes before all others.
You may think they are 'letting you decide' what it is...but I sure you, you do not.

The LSU point shaving scam with John 'Hot Rod' Williams of the '80s would clue in any sharp mind to conclude, if they are point shaving in College Basketball, But they sure WON'T do that in the NBA!

...Or would they.

Or would they do it (cheat the fans) in any other Sport businesses?

Absolutely!

The NFL...? You have no idea.

But please, it's just entertainment, you can't get hurt, but go ahead and get off on watching other guys get pummeled.

Whatever you walk away with, walk with this ...It's a Business FIRST!

In the early 20th century, it was all sports and sportsmen...but somewhere in the 1960s, after being televised...it got serious! It became all about the dollars and has been that way ever since.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

gunsontheroof

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:00 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Jags
Bears
Saints.

What say you?

I respect your optimism. As for my Seahawks...I'm betting this is the year where our o-line finally collapses in totality and Russell Wilson gets his legs ripped off. Good luck, everyone (except the Pats).
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

Aaron747

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:36 am

BN747 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
[quote="NIKV69"
What say you?

BN747
3 attending SB games
4 attending PB games

I assure you there was nothing fixed about Montana, Rice, Taylor, Craig and the Niners secondary destroying the Broncos 55-10 in the SB to close out the ‘89 season. You can see Broncos players reacting in disbelief throughout the game. They got right trounced.

Dig deep my friend...dig deep.

Your comments reflect your perspective that 'It's a free range sport' above all...it isn't.

That takes a back seat to #1.

It's a Business First!

...and when you look deep into how ALL businesses run by a small cabal, their interest comes before all others.
You may think they are 'letting you decide' what it is...but I sure you, you do not.

The LSU point shaving scam with John 'Hot Rod' Williams of the '80s would clue in any sharp mind to conclude, if they are point shaving in College Basketball, But they sure WON'T do that in the NBA!

...Or would they.

Or would they do it (cheat the fans) in any other Sport businesses?

Absolutely!

The NFL...? You have no idea.

But please, it's just entertainment, you can't get hurt, but go ahead and get off on watching other guys get pummeled.

Whatever you walk away with, walk with this ...It's a Business FIRST!

In the early 20th century, it was all sports and sportsmen...but somewhere in the 1960s, after being televised...it got serious! It became all about the dollars and has been that way ever since.

BN747[/quote]

I only watch MLB and pro tennis these days so...others can revel in the pummeling. But if you really want to get into fixing, you should take it up with boxing and cricket.

Dutchy

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:44 am

Quite dissippointed it was about what Americans call football.

zakuivcustom wrote:
Wait...you mean this thread is not for me to discuss how much Arsenal defense suck?

Does it. We will see how they perform this year, the season is still young.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

BN747

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:49 am

Aside from my own upclose situations (in the lockrooms, at dinner /bars) with players, coaches and owners (the late Patrick Bowlen - loved his Nick's Fishmarket in Honolulu)...you are exposed to occurences unknown the average eyes.

Twenty five years ago, San Diego Chargers player tried to get me script what you know know as the HBO NFL-themed hit 'Ballers'...love the show.

But I knew then, the NFL would NEVER allow that to fly in 1993.
And now distribution outlet/Studio would dare the take on the legal headaches.

But lastly, the audience for it then was nowhere near the understanding of audiences watching Ballers today.

Had I gotten that off the ground regardless, it would have 100x better than the North Dallas 40 flick and if close to today's Balllers..then audiences would have written it off as pure fantasy! ...when in truth, Ballers still doesn't begin to disclose just how mind-blowing football life truly is, shit that goes on there is simply unreal.

Furthermore, the owners are a very very sophisticated group of super savvy billionaires. They have this completely in hand and controlled.
They wrote Donald trump off as clown back in the 1980s when tried to BS his way into buying the Dallas Cowboys, they blew that off like fly on a corndog.

These guys don't mess around. Think like a cartel owner and you attempting to mess with their cash cow - the NFL. Be scared.

Their only threat...Kaepernick, that guy represents their biggest fear, a goose-stepping Republican Party-like loyalty of NFL Players ONLY loyal to themselves.
If that occurred, it would be every owners worst nightmare.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

BN747

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:59 am

Aaron747 wrote:

I only watch MLB and pro tennis these days so...others can revel in the pummeling. But if you really want to get into fixing, you should take it up with boxing and cricket.

HA!!!

Two words!

Don King.

No shit! Of course that's a racket!

Look at the FIFA scandals...

But Boxing, I knew a kid when I was in the US Air Force, because my dad was a US Army Boxing Heavy Weight Champ, I knew talent...and this kid was quiet, saner but equally vicious Mike Tyson, before Tyson, but I knew then he lacked the necessary foundation, support, connections to get into the top tier Don King world.

Knowing/Seeing that kid taught me about all competitive sports are about...esp. the NFL, we truly will never know who the world's BEST quarterback is or ever was...we must simply accept what the NFL and their stats 'tell' us who the Best Quarterback is.

It's a much more controlled environment than meets the eye.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer at the start of season, but I'm hoping more mature minds can find some answers in what I've shared...nonetheless, I still tine in from time to time because the acts by the top notch athletes yield impressive performances continuously, but days of patronizing that sport (any sport) ended years ago.

BN747

flipdewaf

Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:55 am

zakuivcustom wrote:
Wait...you mean this thread is not for me to discuss how much Arsenal defense suck? :duck: :duck:

Hand Egg!

Fortunately the real hand Egg championship starts in japan in a few weeks.

I do however enjoy the spectacle of the super bowl and used to watch every year, now I find it too hard to justify staying up till 4am when I need to be up at 6.

Fred

DL717

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:18 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
Well the Packers D looked very under Packers like, if their O can get going it could be an interesting season for them.

Packers offense was mediocre at best and Chris Collinsworth was still jerking himself in the booth over Aaron Rogers after one touchdown. :rotfl:
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

KBOS

Re: American Football - It's back!

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:04 pm

This season will end the same as last season.......with Tom Brady hoisting the Lombardi :)

Go Pats!
I don't care if the sun don't shine, I do my drinkin in the evening time when I'm in Rhode Island

TWA772LR

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:18 pm

I'm a Texans fan until the day I die and will go see them in London this year!

As for college, Eat 'em up Kats!
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

seb146

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Do we know who will be in the Super Bowl Halftime show? I am still praying to everyone and everything I can think of it will be NSYNC but probably not. I hope not Lil Nas X. Lizzo might be fun.

727LOVER

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:01 pm

I can't believe they had to change the title to AMERICAN football :lol:

Have you heard the I'VE NEVER HAD MY BUTT FINGERED audio?

slow-motion of the audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx_FJJtukl8

audio with Al Michaels giggling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS8k2jTllic
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:51 pm

gunsontheroof wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Jags
Bears
Saints.

What say you?

I respect your optimism. As for my Seahawks...I'm betting this is the year where our o-line finally collapses in totality and Russell Wilson gets his legs ripped off. Good luck, everyone (except the Pats).

Can they win opening day at least I may use them in my knock out pool LOL.

ER757

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Well, my Bears seem to have forgotten to tell the offense that they were supposed to show up for a game last night. The D played well but you have to score SOME points on the other side of the ball. Oh well......

My adopted team (Seahawks) probably will go 8-8 or 7-9. I'm just hoping whomever wins it all this year isn't The Patriots

zakuivcustom

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:06 pm

727LOVER wrote:
I can't believe they had to change the title to AMERICAN football

Indeed. No love for the Essendon Bombers? Toronto Argonauts? :duck: :duck:

flipdewaf wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:

Hand Egg!

Fortunately the real hand Egg championship starts in japan in a few weeks.

I do however enjoy the spectacle of the super bowl and used to watch every year, now I find it too hard to justify staying up till 4am when I need to be up at 6.

Fred

:white: :white: So true.

Dutchy wrote:
Does it. We will see how they perform this year, the season is still young.

Come on...they brought David Luiz, that by definition is suicidal defense.

TWA772LR wrote:
I'm a Texans fan until the day I die and will go see them in London this year!

Can't believe there are actually Texans fan (other than me) out there :white: :duck:

UltimateDelta

Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:10 pm

Utah State looked good against Wake Forest last week, but there were some dumb coaching decisions that let them back into the game for the win. Hopefully they learned from that, and we should get a feel-good win against Stony Brook tomorrow. Nebraska was thoroughly unimpressive, so I hope they get it together against Colorado.

I also hope that BYU goes winless, though that probably won't happen.
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

gunsontheroof

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:32 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
gunsontheroof wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Jags
Bears
Saints.

What say you?

Can they win opening day at least I may use them in my knock out pool LOL.

Well, things are looking a little better now that Clowney has come to the Northwest, but I still won't blink if we drop the opener to the Bengals in some spectacularly dumb fashion. Go Hawks.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

jetwet1

Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:43 am

727LOVER wrote:

slow-motion of the audio

Well to be fair, once you get outside of North America football is played with the feet.

But as a Dolphins fan, it really wouldn't make much of a difference either way.

DL717

Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:30 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
It's back! I am a Raider fan but they will suck this year as always. I mean let Mack get away? Not smart. I took the following 3 teams to win the SB.

Jags
Bears
Saints.

What say you?

Brown cut... had it coming...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/275 ... ous-tenure

DL717

Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:31 pm

727LOVER wrote:

slow-motion of the audio

They should have changed it simply to NFL Football.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 pm

DL717 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Jags
Bears
Saints.

What say you?

I think the whole thing was orchestrated well so much for my team. Gruden has ruined this franchise

DL717

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:24 am

NIKV69 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Jags
Bears
Saints.

What say you?

I think the whole thing was orchestrated well so much for my team. Gruden has ruined this franchise

Yeah, that one hurt. Gave up and 3rd and 5th to get him. Ouch!

seb146

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:39 am

Are we still in preseason? I have asked for years and still have no answer for this:

Why do sports commentators always say a team's season is over after they lose in week one and/or two? Doesn't each team play 16 games? If a team with an 8-8 record can make the wild card, how is their season over when the lose the first two games?

UltimateDelta

Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:26 am

I hate Colorado. That is all.
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

casinterest

Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:14 am

If you drafted Antonio Brown for fantasy football and still don't have ulcers, raise your hand,
Where ever you go, there you are.

DL717

Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:10 pm

seb146 wrote:
Are we still in preseason? I have asked for years and still have no answer for this:

Why do sports commentators always say a team's season is over after they lose in week one and/or two? Doesn't each team play 16 games? If a team with an 8-8 record can make the wild card, how is their season over when the lose the first two games?

If you have to ask if it’s still pre-season, then your second question is irrelevant.

seb146

Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:45 pm

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

If you have to ask if it’s still pre-season, then your second question is irrelevant.

How? There are four seasons to baseball, hockey, and basketball:

Preseason
Before All-Star Break
After All-Star Break
Playoffs

Still, ever year, football commentators say the season is over for whatever team because they lost the first two regular season games.

zakuivcustom

Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:52 pm

seb146 wrote:
Still, ever year, football commentators say the season is over for whatever team because they lost the first two regular season games.

You sure? At least not in NFL. From what I can tell it's usually 0-4 before writers and teams go into panic mode.

Now, if you're talking about CFB, lose 1 game and the season is over :).

seb146

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:03 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
seb146 wrote:

You sure? At least not in NFL. From what I can tell it's usually 0-4 before writers and teams go into panic mode.

Now, if you're talking about CFB, lose 1 game and the season is over :).

It always starts week one, Sunday evening. When the games are wrapping up. commentators explain why this team's or that team's loss means they are not in the playoffs.

College football is a cluster mess. Who says an undefeated team in the West should not be in the championship playoffs while a team with 3 or 4 losses in the South is?

BN747

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:30 pm

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Preseason
Before All-Star Break
After All-Star Break
Playoffs

Those are the football commentators you should tune away from.

BN747

seb146

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:54 pm

BN747 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Preseason
Before All-Star Break
After All-Star Break
Playoffs

Those are the football commentators you should tune away from.

BN747

I agree if it were some internet famous "well, like, y'know totally n stuff" type but I have heard Al Michael and John Madden saying things like this season after season.

727LOVER

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:05 pm

I looked up the scores

Baltimore 59
Miami 10

That's a typo, right?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

casinterest

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:32 pm

727LOVER wrote:
I looked up the scores

Baltimore 59
Miami 10

That's a typo, right?

Apparently half the team has requested a trade.
The other half don't remember the directions to the stadium.
Where ever you go, there you are.

ER757

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:32 pm

727LOVER wrote:
I looked up the scores

Baltimore 59
Miami 10

That's a typo, right?

Ha - you'd had thought so but no, Miami as a complete train wreck this season. They're going to make the 0-16 Browns of a couple years ago look competitive.
Speaking of the Browns - nice showing after all that hype........S.O.B. (Same Old Browns).

ltbewr

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:34 pm

How a team loses their 1st regular season game along with key players injured or playing bad and pre-season issues are why some get seen after it as never making the playoffs. Miami is an example of having zero chance to be in the post-season as bad on all those points. Cleveland lost but not by as much of points margin, still have some good players so they have a better upside to making the playoffs.
Pittsburgh lost to one of the best teams, last year's Super Bowl Champions NE Patriots. It is almost a sure bet the NEP will likely end up in playoffs and a good shot for the SB in 2020, but Pittsburgh has lost key players to deals, as well as facing serious competition in the AFC and regional division (NEP's, Ravens) hurting their chances to make the playoffs. Jacksonville got ex-Eagles Foles, but then he got injured so unless the backup QB can suddenly get good, Jax is unlikely to make the playoffs.

zakuivcustom

Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:59 pm

ER757 wrote:
Speaking of the Browns - nice showing after all that hype........S.O.B. (Same Old Browns).

Sigh...well, I'm still picking the Browns to win the Super Bowl this year :duck:

If Titans played the way they did against Browns every week, though, they should win AFC South. Colts is decent but Vinatieri is finally showing his age; Jags just lose Foles for awhile (if not for the season); and well, Texans is the Texans.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:27 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
ER757 wrote:

Sigh...well, I'm still picking the Browns to win the Super Bowl this year :duck:

If Titans played the way they did against Browns every week, though, they should win AFC South. Colts is decent but Vinatieri is finally showing his age; Jags just lose Foles for awhile (if not for the season); and well, Texans is the Texans.

I will stick to the Saints the Browns just showed why the Giants traded ODB.