ER757

Re: American Football - It's back!

Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:18 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
extender wrote:
Burfict needs to be tossed from the league. Calculating head shots are his trademark. Miracle no one has been permanently injured.

Bengals got sacked 8 times. That is the Steeler D I am used to seeing.

He is a dirty player 6 times already? Next he should be kicked out of the league.

Minshew Mania!

Yeah, Minshew was the picture of cool, calm control in that last-minute drive on Sunday. Kid's the real deal IMHO. He'll probably end up getting traded in the off season once Foles is back. JAX is paying Foles way too much to have him serve as backup and Minshew will be worth quite a bit in the trade market if he continues playing well.

scbriml

Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:20 pm

It may be a new season, but it's definitely the old Redskins.0-5. :banghead:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

LittleFokker

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:40 am

According to a post I saw on Twitter, the final score of the ATL-HOU game (53-32) has never been the final score of any other NFL game in history, making it the 1,051st unique combination of scores that has ended a game. That's the kind of sports trivia that I live for. The Twitter source was @NFL_Scorigami.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:19 am

Bridgewater! Wow! He never looked that good with the Jets lol
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

Alias1024

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:22 am

Easily the best performance of the season by the Dolphins. Every week should be a bye week!
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

Revelation

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:13 pm

scbriml wrote:
It may be a new season, but it's definitely the old Redskins.0-5. :banghead:

Hail to the... Patriots!

Guess Jay Gruden will have plenty of time to smoke weed and hit on women now!

The best part is Dan Snyder will still be paying him to do it! :biggrin:
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 pm

Saints Jags Superbowl Book it

ER757

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:00 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Nah....while it pains me to say it since I am not a fan of either team, I'm going to go Packers/Pats

I have Red Zone so get to see plays from games all over the league and the officiating this year is godawful. They are calling so many penalties it's hard to watch anymore. And it's on marginal ticky-tack stuff too. If it's blatant, by all means throw a flag, but otherwise let the boys play!

910A

Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:06 am

ER757 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Nah....while it pains me to say it since I am not a fan of either team, I'm going to go Packers/Pats

I have Red Zone so get to see plays from games all over the league and the officiating this year is godawful. They are calling so many penalties it's hard to watch anymore. And it's on marginal ticky-tack stuff too. If it's blatant, by all means throw a flag, but otherwise let the boys play!

Last season I got some tickets to the Cardinals/Vikings game due to a friend having knee surgery. The seats were four rows from the field, but the game was played 85% at the other end. The downtime at the venue is worst than watching an ad on TV while you go great one favorite adult beverage players just standing around waiting..One other point it snowing on Oct 14th..Don't see that snow often in the Valley of the sun. Still had a great time with son who flew up from Dallas. Took him 12 hours to problems with ice at DFW.

ER757

Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:21 pm

The officiating in the Packers/Lions game was beyond atrocious - while it's been bad all year, it hit a new level of incompetence in this game. The refs handed the game to Green Bay with two BS hands to the face calls and a non-call on an obvious pass interference (why the Lions coach didn't challenge that one is beyond me). It almost looked like the fix was in And no, I am not a Lions fan.

StarAC17

Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:55 pm

ER757 wrote:
The officiating in the Packers/Lions game was beyond atrocious - while it's been bad all year, it hit a new level of incompetence in this game. The refs handed the game to Green Bay with two BS hands to the face calls and a non-call on an obvious pass interference (why the Lions coach didn't challenge that one is beyond me). It almost looked like the fix was in And no, I am not a Lions fan.

I am a Lions fan and they had their chances to put this game away offensively but their defense did to their job outside of the questionable flags. The first would have led to a punt and the second would have given the Lions the ball back with 1:30 left in the game for a chance to win.

I really do think that the refs this year are sticking it to the league and not overturning obvious challenges because they have the authority to review the replay and can make the call on the field. In reality it should go up to New York and they say that the call stands or is overturned. I don't think every penalty should be reviewed but these 5 yard penalties like defensive holding (something that can be called on every play), illegal use of hands should not result in automatic first downs. If I was a defender I would just do the face-mask or the horse-collar as it will disorentent the offensive lineman or perhaps hurt them and take the 15 yards over the 5 yards. Granted that will begin to cost them in the pocketbook.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:03 pm

ER757 wrote:

That was disgusting. The NFL had a chance to fix this after the Saints got screwed last year. Doesn't seem they have.

StarAC17

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:41 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
ER757 wrote:

That was disgusting. The NFL had a chance to fix this after the Saints got screwed last year. Doesn't seem they have.

The rule was implemented that PI can be reviewed (not sure about other penalties) and I think the refs are backlashing against it and upholding calls that are obviously wrong because they can. As far as I know the challenge still goes to the ref to review and I bet next year if a coach challenges the call comes from New York to the field saying that it stands or is overturned.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

ER757

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:49 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
ER757 wrote:

Agree 100% - all they did was put a band-aid on the problem by allowing a challenge on pass interference. As witnessed last night, the problem goes far deeper. And last night is just one example. Watching the games on Red Zone Sunday, it was really hard because there were so many awful calls. The league had better step up and fix this before there are even MORE empty seats in the stadiums

Revelation

Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:27 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
The NFL had a chance to fix this after the Saints got screwed last year. Doesn't seem they have.

Their "fix" has really just whet the appetite for more changes, IMO.

I saw a twitter post saying by next season we will either make everything challenge-able ( with the coaches still having two challenges each so it doesn't get out of hand ) or some sort of sky god that can call down and fix the kind of terrible calls we saw last night.

I think such changes are inevitable.

It is unacceptable in today's era where everyone can see what the right call is in HD on their TV yet no one can do a damn thing about it at the stadium.

Coincidentally, the owners are meeting in the next day or so...
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

zakuivcustom

Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Let see...

1. Pats and Niners are still undefeated. I don't see that changing next week with Pats playing NY Jets while Niners are playing Deadskins.
2. Deadskins did have their first win...against the Dolphins in the Toilet Bowl, and that's only due to the 'Phins going for the win.
3. Speaking of winless team, the Bengals are back to being the Bungles. The Bungles and 'Phins do play each other, ensuring that there will only be one possible winless team this season.
4. My hometown team Texans is playing better than I thought. KC Chiefs is not the Chiefs of last season, though, thanks to their banged up O-Line.

I won't make comment on officiating. NFL Refs being trash is nothing new.
Free Hong Kong! Free China!

NOLAWildcat

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:01 am

Well it appears my laments for the Saints’ season were quite premature. Bridgewater has been maddeningly inconsistent, but has yet to lose us a game. On the other side of the the ball, Wow! That defense has really stepped it up during Brees’ absence. Saints will be a very tough out if Drew comes back at 80% of his old self.

Between the Saints’ and LSU’s hot starts, I’ve actually been able to ignore my alma mater’s (Northwestern) atrocious offense on Saturdays for once.

Guess we’ll see if the locals’ excitement over the Niners’ hot start is legitimate over the next few weeks—their dismantling of the Rams was impressive, but call me skeptical.