Aaron747
Topic Author

Valerie Plame Ad For Congress Takes Aim

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:57 pm

In her new ad for a bid as a Representative of the Land of Enchantment, the ousted CIA agent takes aim at 43 and 45 White Houses in slick and effective fashion. Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/ICW-dGD1M18
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

petertenthije

Re: Valerie Plame Ad For Congress Takes Aim

Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:25 am

Funny add, but she did not really think about that car analogy.

OK, so she uses the car to tell we are "driving" backwards. Quite clever. Then she spins the car 180 degrees around, so the car can now drive forwards... into the wrong direction?
Attamottamotta!

einsteinboricua

Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:54 am

You see, THESE are the ads we need nowadays. THIS is how candidates make a statement.

petertenthije wrote:
Funny add, but she did not really think about that car analogy.

OK, so she uses the car to tell we are "driving" backwards. Quite clever. Then she spins the car 180 degrees around, so the car can now drive forwards... into the wrong direction?

She didn't say they're going in the wrong direction, but rather they're going backwards and that we need capable people at the wheel to drive forward.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

stl07

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:42 am

I like this ad

Here are all the sucky ads in Missouri

"The Fake news (Liberals/Conservatives) are ruining this country. Vote for me because I'm a staunch supporter of TRRRUMMMP(or I hate trump with all my guts). Here is a video of my opponent opposing/supporting TrumpPPPPP, our lord and savior (or traitor). #MAGA or #impeach.

Notice how no qualifications or priorities are mentioned.

The only person with good ads are Wagner and Clair, but Claire is gone now. I like Wagner because she is a republican who actually talks about her achievements/policy instead of how loyal she is to trump because nobody cares about loyalty when you lack policy or any qualifications.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

BN747

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:30 am

Saw it yesterday, go Valerie, go!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

einsteinboricua

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:49 am

stl07 wrote:
The only person with good ads are Wagner and Clair, but Claire is gone now. I like Wagner because she is a republican who actually talks about her achievements/policy instead of how loyal she is to trump because nobody cares about loyalty when you lack policy or any qualifications.

She's probably doing that because:

1. MO-2 is the least Republican district in MO (though still a respected level of R+8), meaning she could be vulnerable in a wave year.
2. MO-2 is completely a suburban district, and the backlash to Trump could bring her down. My guess is that because MO's cost of living is low and STL is still a relatively inexpensive city (compared to other cities), she is still able to win reelection. But her days may be numbered, especially if suburban voters tend to move away from the GOP. Her margin of victory in 2018 was significantly reduced from previous elections, and didn't support Trump as it did with Romney.

While MO's districts will likely remain intact into 2020, I could see the 2030 census take away one more seat. MO's GOP may cannibalize MO-5 between MO-4 and MO-6 rather than throw MO-2 away.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

zkojq

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:36 pm

I love it. Democrats need to run on a platform of being strong more often.

einsteinboricua wrote:
You see, THESE are the ads we need nowadays. THIS is how candidates make a statement.

:checkmark:
First to fly the 787-9