bgm

Re: 9/12 Democratic Debate Thread

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:03 am

extender wrote:
Who are these people? Sad is to not see a single American flag. These people wanting to be President, hate this country. They have no love for it. Power hungry ineptocrats.

Standing up against the vile piece of shit squatting in the White House shows a far greater love for their country than wearing a paltry little pin.

Actions speaker louder than tweets.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

Aaron747

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:55 am

extender wrote:
Ah, the mob mentality. Glad to see it is alive and well.

Are you going to comment on something actually patriotic, or are you a-okay with DOJ protecting Saudis over 9/11 families..??
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

einsteinboricua

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:16 am

extender wrote:
Not talking about pins, talking about the stage of the debate. You guys are wrapped up way too tight.

What do I care about a flag in the background? Since when is a stage covered in flags evidence of how much someone loves the country?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

UnMAXed

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:45 am

I think Marianne Williamson was sorely missed in that debate.
Bill de Blasio would have mixed things up a bit too.

P1aneMad

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 am

Dear comrades do NOT despair!
There is still hope.

seahawk

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:57 am

This is an insult to any 6 year old.

seb146

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:14 pm

P1aneMad wrote:
There is still hope.

My knee hurts so much from slapping it!!! You know why this is so funny? Because no one said it! Your bit of comedy gold really boosted my spirits. Thanks! /sarcasm
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

P1aneMad

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:27 pm

You really need to Google consents like humor and sarcasm!

einsteinboricua

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:38 pm

UnMAXed wrote:
I think Marianne Williamson was sorely missed in that debate.

Ah yes...Ms. Let's use mind power to divert a hurricane...sorry. I think you have the wrong party.

P1aneMad wrote:
There is still hope.

This is almost as good as Relatable Romney.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

P1aneMad

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Why would poor people "buy" more money when they can get them for free from the Government?
There are so many Dems running for the presidency promising exactly that.
AND the wonderful Green New Deal which will be paid by the rich. Yes, really!
You just can't make this stuff up!!!

seb146

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:26 am

P1aneMad wrote:
Why would poor people "buy" more money when they can get them for free from the Government?

The "Green New Deal" will create jobs. Read the actual "Green New Deal" texts and not just want the lame stream right wing media feeds you. The only reason righties think it is a bad idea is because they can not see any other fuel sources besides oil, gas, and coal. But, the biggest brain says wind causes cancer, so...
The only Democratic candidate who has talked about "free government money" is Andrew Yang. The others propose AFFORDABLE health care and AFFORDABLE education.
To be fair, "affordable" is the exact same thing as "free" to Republicans.

BN747

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:49 am

P1aneMad wrote:

The problem with the 'poor people' attacks is you fight against your own interest. Poor people provide all labor required to power the economy and get little from it.
When they get the 'free money/stuff'...it goes right back into the economy, not into their personal bank accounts.

Republicans prefer gov't free money go into the corporate bank accounts (via taxpayer contracts) which they in turn stash it into personal bank accounts abroad. Putting as little as possible back into the economy/system, there's no money in that but tax exemptions and credits up the wazoo! Yeah, really patriotic those guys.

Green New Deal....mitigate the corporate headlock on everything not nailed down.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

extender

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:27 am

Some of you would make Waxman proud. Advocating for the Green New Deal... That has me rolling in stitches. Why am I not surprised? The are going full tilt boogey on corporations and the rich, tax them, tax them, and tax them some more. Like that is going to work.

seb146

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:18 pm

extender wrote:
Some of you would make Waxman proud. Advocating for the Green New Deal... That has me rolling in stitches. Why am I not surprised? The are going full tilt boogey on corporations and the rich, tax them, tax them, and tax them some more. Like that is going to work.

The economy and the middle class were doing just fine when corporations were taxed before under Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, and Carter. Carter had solar panels installed on the roof of the White House to save We The People money. Reagan took them down. The OPEC embargo led to innovations in the auto industry because the market was there and We The People could actually afford those things, not just put it on credit.

The Republican party is a joke. Crying about how much they love kids and the future but do not want to leave anything to future generations except massive, crushing debt and a dying planet.

Aaron747

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:38 pm

extender wrote:

Wasn’t too bad when the marginal rates were higher. 1955-1972 was the golden period for the middle class. Since 1975 real wages have been within 2% of flat while COL has ballooned. The wealthy have massively expanded their holdings meanwhile the era of a decent middle class job affording a home, two kids, and wife working part-time or not at all is long gone. By that metric the last 40 years have sucked.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty