User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Topic Author
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:19 am

The Fun never stops with the Dems:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... allegation

What, do the Dems think that the R's in the Senate would vote to impeach?? Not any more than the Dems in the Senate would not vote to Impeach Clinton. Case Closed.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10872
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:08 am

Considering that he is shaping up to become a pretty liberal Judge, as he is already the most liberal conservative and judges invariably move to the left, I am pretty sure Democrats don't have much reason to have him gone. Beyond potentially being a criminal of course.

But good that you finally admit he did what he was accused of by your Clinton comparison.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Topic Author
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:50 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Considering that he is shaping up to become a pretty liberal Judge, as he is already the most liberal conservative and judges invariably move to the left, I am pretty sure Democrats don't have much reason to have him gone. Beyond potentially being a criminal of course.

But good that you finally admit he did what he was accused of by your Clinton comparison.

Best regards
Thomas


No, I think my point is more, Rs can stand by their man, right or wrong, just as good as Ds can.
I think Kavanaugh's innocent bty.

Here's some recent developments with Christine Blasey Ford that you might find entertaining:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... firmation/

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... n-rulings/
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
Redd
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:48 am

I'm a leftie and not a fan of Kavanaugh, but I have to say that women who are proven to have falsely accused a man of sexual assault should end up in Jail. For a long time. These accusations are getting out of hand, with more and more being proven false and the women are getting off without any punishment. It's absurd.
 
TSS
Posts: 3309
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:33 am

Redd wrote:
I'm a leftie and not a fan of Kavanaugh, but I have to say that women who are proven to have falsely accused a man of sexual assault should end up in Jail. For a long time.


The amount of time that would have been served by the accused had the accusations been legitimate seems about right to me.

Redd wrote:
These accusations are getting out of hand, with more and more being proven false and the women are getting off without any punishment. It's absurd.


Two other suggestions might help:

1. By law, the name of the accused and/or any personal details that might lead to his identification must not be published unless and until he is proven guilty in a court of law. This protection already exists for accusers, it should be extended to the ones being accused as well, particularly before the case has even gone to trial.

2. By law, printed retractions must appear in the same location, take up the same amount of space, and run for the same number of days as the original story did in any printed or online publication. Publications milking salacious stories by having them splashed all over their covers for a solid week only to print a postage stamp-sized retraction on the next to last page after the story turns out to be completely false is BS. If journalists and editors want to blast an iffy story without researching it's validity first, then they should be required to blast the correction just as loudly.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
WIederling
Posts: 8888
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:44 am

Redd wrote:
I'm a leftie and not a fan of Kavanaugh, but I have to say that women who are proven to have falsely accused a man of sexual assault should end up in Jail. For a long time. These accusations are getting out of hand, with more and more being proven false and the women are getting off without any punishment. It's absurd.


If you want that ( jail for false accusations):

Is there enough room in US jails available to "accommodate" the full GOP crew?

They seem to have done nothing beyond smear campaigns. :-)
Murphy is an optimist
 
extender
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Ford needs to be in jail. Even her attorneys need to go. Suborning perjury for starters. The way the Senate judiciary democrat committee members treated Kavanaugh was disgusting. Just imagine if Kavanaugh was your brother or father, forget the partisan BS; it was a sham.
 
bgm
Posts: 2173
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:34 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Considering that he is shaping up to become a pretty liberal Judge, as he is already the most liberal conservative and judges invariably move to the left, I am pretty sure Democrats don't have much reason to have him gone. Beyond potentially being a criminal of course.

But good that you finally admit he did what he was accused of by your Clinton comparison.

Best regards
Thomas


No, I think my point is more, Rs can stand by their man, right or wrong, just as good as Ds can.
I think Kavanaugh's innocent bty.

Here's some recent developments with Christine Blasey Ford that you might find entertaining:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... firmation/

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... n-rulings/


Quoting Breitbarf and Washington Examiner?

Come on Gramps, you can do better than that.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
Redd
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:55 pm

TSS wrote:
Two other suggestions might help:

1. By law, the name of the accused and/or any personal details that might lead to his identification must not be published unless and until he is proven guilty in a court of law. This protection already exists for accusers, it should be extended to the ones being accused as well, particularly before the case has even gone to trial.

2. By law, printed retractions must appear in the same location, take up the same amount of space, and run for the same number of days as the original story did in any printed or online publication. Publications milking salacious stories by having them splashed all over their covers for a solid week only to print a postage stamp-sized retraction on the next to last page after the story turns out to be completely false is BS. If journalists and editors want to blast an iffy story without researching it's validity first, then they should be required to blast the correction just as loudly.



Absolutely right, but the sad thing is that #1 & 2 should go without saying. In Poland where I live, the accused's identity has to be withheld until after the trial.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14331
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:14 pm

What gets to me is that how a major US political party nominated and the public elected President Trump with significant allegations and boasting of sexual assault and related violations including as to minors, had sex with a prostitute, had 2 previous wives, multiple bankruptcies, failed to disclose much of his finances, along vile racist, anti-Muslim, anti-women views got elected but we see trying to keep off the SCOTUS bench someone with 30+ year old sexual abuse charges with no proof.

For Democrats now, the big fear and cause for their fights against any 'conservative' member of the SCOTUS is the overturning of Roe v. Wade, turning the control of abortion laws to the states where women cannot legally or affordably get them in their home state or even face criminal charges of murder if they do, even if done in a state where legal. There are many other issues that affect us all that seem to be ignored as to these hearings like as to Federal government regulation, civil or human rights that should be issues used to determine choosing them for the court. While sexual assault charges need to be taken seriously in the candidate for our government offices and courts, it is not good for either party to use very old ones without collaboration or legal charges filed then. In the end they just doesn't work as just turn off many who make in this case the Democrats look petty and triggering more hate from the right.
 
WIederling
Posts: 8888
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Redd wrote:
Absolutely right, but the sad thing is that #1 & 2 should go without saying. In Poland where I live, the accused's identity has to be withheld until after the trial.


But do you at lest have them chained and in an orange jumpsuit?
Murphy is an optimist
 
Redd
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:01 pm

WIederling wrote:
Redd wrote:
Absolutely right, but the sad thing is that #1 & 2 should go without saying. In Poland where I live, the accused's identity has to be withheld until after the trial.


But do you at lest have them chained and in an orange jumpsuit?



Only if their name is Wlederling..... :box:
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20748
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:08 pm

I find it interesting that Republicans are innocent every single time but Democrats need to be held accountable for anything their accusers say.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
extender
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Please, you can't accept that Ford was a liar.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11849
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:08 pm

Redd wrote:
I'm a leftie and not a fan of Kavanaugh, but I have to say that women who are proven to have falsely accused a man of sexual assault should end up in Jail. For a long time. These accusations are getting out of hand, with more and more being proven false and the women are getting off without any punishment. It's absurd.


Had a trial happened no conviction would have ensued as there was not enough evidence, but the reverse is also true.

That's exactly why statute of limitation exists.

Then you have free speech, "Rs" support that, usually.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8411
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:36 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
The Fun never stops with the Dems:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... allegation

What, do the Dems think that the R's in the Senate would vote to impeach?? Not any more than the Dems in the Senate would not vote to Impeach Clinton. Case Closed.



Maybe I missed it...where does it say DEMS or DEMOCRATS in that article?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Topic Author
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:55 pm

727LOVER wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
The Fun never stops with the Dems:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... allegation

What, do the Dems think that the R's in the Senate would vote to impeach?? Not any more than the Dems in the Senate would not vote to Impeach Clinton. Case Closed.



Maybe I missed it...where does it say DEMS or DEMOCRATS in that article?


It doesn't. I deduced that the accuser is a Dem. Maybe I'm wrong, but prove me wrong.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8411
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:12 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
The Fun never stops with the Dems:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... allegation

What, do the Dems think that the R's in the Senate would vote to impeach?? Not any more than the Dems in the Senate would not vote to Impeach Clinton. Case Closed.



Maybe I missed it...where does it say DEMS or DEMOCRATS in that article?


It doesn't. I deduced that the accuser is a Dem. Maybe I'm wrong, but prove me wrong.


If she is...is she representing the WHOLE Democrat party?

I don't consider every Republican a lunatic, just because Trump is one


By the way, I didn't see the word impeachment in there as well.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
Ken777
Posts: 9908
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:58 pm

extender wrote:
Ford needs to be in jail. Even her attorneys need to go. Suborning perjury for starters. The way the Senate judiciary democrat committee members treated Kavanaugh was disgusting. Just imagine if Kavanaugh was your brother or father, forget the partisan BS; it was a sham.



You assume that Kavanaugh is innocent and Ford is guilty. Personally I generally believe the women over the men in situations like this, especially when there were other accusers who were not allowed time in the Kavanaugh hearings.

IMO we have a sex abuser sitting on the USSC and the GOP is going to do anything necessary to keep him there. Just like the pubic hairs in the Coke can.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8411
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:11 pm

727LOVER wrote:
By the way, I didn't see the word impeachment in there as well.


DIRECTFLT,

I am a fair man....and I will retract THIS statement. It is NOT in THAT article, but now I am getting more information from other media sources. But YES, there are SOME, SOME Dems calling for impeachment. Not a large number though

IMHO, it is stupid


By the way, I have never had an opinion on this because, frankly...I wasn't there. Now, if the evidence is presented in a court of law, I could THEN, form an opinion.

It's ridiculous to form an opinion on sexual misconduct based solely on one's political ideology.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1622
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:20 pm

Not going to happen considering not all Dems are on-board with impeaching him. Just seems like the fringe Dems are acting up per usual.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways
 
Ken777
Posts: 9908
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:51 pm

Kavanaugh will forever be branded as a rapist/sexual predator, regardless of how much the conservatives love him. He humiliated his wife and children with his antics in the Senate Approval Game. That brands them also. Can you remember the sad look on his wife's face as she had to endure that a humiliation? I felt sorry for her and so ashamed of the Wanna-Be-Judge.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8411
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:44 pm

About 20 years ago, I had some nasty lady tweak my nipple inside a gas station

1. she was nasty
2. I'm gay


how ridiculous would I have looked pressing charges?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20748
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:16 am

727LOVER wrote:
About 20 years ago, I had some nasty lady tweak my nipple inside a gas station

1. she was nasty
2. I'm gay


how ridiculous would I have looked pressing charges?


Neither of your reasons are the point. It was unwanted. Nipples, for some reason, are considered sexual. I have been grabbed by women before.

Just because you didn't press charges does not mean you did not feel uncomfortable. Think of the thousands of women around the country this weekend who will not press charges for whatever reason.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20748
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:29 am

727LOVER wrote:
If she is...is she representing the WHOLE Democrat party?


Who is the leader of the "Democrat" party? How many seats to they have? What is the history of the "Democrat" party?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Ken777
Posts: 9908
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:48 am

727LOVER wrote:
About 20 years ago, I had some nasty lady tweak my nipple inside a gas station

1. she was nasty
2. I'm gay


how ridiculous would I have looked pressing charges?


No lady, nasty or nice, ever tweaked my nipple(s).

1. I'm straight so I wouldn't have minded.
2. I'm 75 so my chances are getting pretty distant.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Topic Author
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:48 am

727LOVER wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
By the way, I didn't see the word impeachment in there as well.


DIRECTFLT,

I am a fair man....and I will retract THIS statement. It is NOT in THAT article, but now I am getting more information from other media sources. But YES, there are SOME, SOME Dems calling for impeachment. Not a large number though

IMHO, it is stupid


By the way, I have never had an opinion on this because, frankly...I wasn't there. Now, if the evidence is presented in a court of law, I could THEN, form an opinion.

It's ridiculous to form an opinion on sexual misconduct based solely on one's political ideology.


On one of the news reports I watched on TV tonight, they said that 3 or 4 Dem. Presidential Candidates, have tweeted that they want Impeachment, or resignation from Kavanaugh. Kamala, Beto, and Warren, and maybe Booker.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:04 am

Ken777 wrote:
Kavanaugh will forever be branded as a rapist/sexual predator, regardless of how much the conservatives love him. He humiliated his wife and children with his antics in the Senate Approval Game. That brands them also. Can you remember the sad look on his wife's face as she had to endure that a humiliation? I felt sorry for her and so ashamed of the Wanna-Be-Judge.


Yeah, the left is like that when it comes to people that don’t bow to their demands.

The public passes a ballot measure, the libs ignore it an make their own laws. Loose an election, claim it was rigged. Don’t get their way in an appointment, wreck the person. The left is a joke. Supporters of Democracy my ass.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
BN747
Posts: 6812
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:20 am

DL717 wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
Kavanaugh will forever be branded as a rapist/sexual predator, regardless of how much the conservatives love him. He humiliated his wife and children with his antics in the Senate Approval Game. That brands them also. Can you remember the sad look on his wife's face as she had to endure that a humiliation? I felt sorry for her and so ashamed of the Wanna-Be-Judge.


Yeah, the left is like that when it comes to people that don’t bow to their demands.

The public passes a ballot measure, the libs ignore it an make their own laws. Loose an election, claim it was rigged. Don’t get their way in an appointment, wreck the person. The left is a joke. Supporters of Democracy my ass.


1) When does 'come clean' and don't lie become a demand? And what are the 'other' demands?
We understand Republican Demands very clearly - simple march in step and do not veer off course or contradict of the dear leader. So let's her those Dem demands.

2) No president alive or dead has called elections 'rigged' as much as often and the current fool (but went silent once EC gave him a win)...and here you are ignoring that entirely.
Hypocrite much? Cause Dear leader does hourly.

3) Wreck the Person??? Care to recall your teams numerous slams of Anita Hill? Blaise Ford? Or all women accusers of sexual conduct.
Righties will never side with a female accuser, it's in their DNA because of their natural denials in seeing women equal to themselves.
Case in point, America's current 'leader' has slammed every black woman in Congress, several prominent black female reports, the Squad....hmmmm, if he worked as hard at addressing the nation's problems as he does dunking on women of color...the country would be 100% better. But his nature speaks for itself as does his childish tweets - and his cheerleaders eat it up.

Now that's how you do 'real' Democracy folks!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
extender
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:23 am

Ken777 wrote:
You assume that Kavanaugh is innocent and Ford is guilty. Personally I generally believe the women over the men in situations like this, especially when there were other accusers who were not allowed time in the Kavanaugh hearings.

IMO we have a sex abuser sitting on the USSC and the GOP is going to do anything necessary to keep him there. Just like the pubic hairs in the Coke can.


She was a plant, plain and simple. A partisan hack. She was coached. Feinstein should be squashed like a bug for suborning testimony she knew wasn't true. The height of mendacity.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9332
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:24 pm

The real question will be whether Kavanaugh lied to Congress. It seems investigations during the hearing were not very thorough for Ramirez's allegation which is corroborated by quite a few people.


There is a third reported incident that the TImes could not get the person who was allegedly assaulted to remember it.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
mham001
Posts: 5616
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:38 pm

So in today's news, the alleged victim does not recall the incident and has never been interviewed. How can there be a crime with no victim? Another story - FAKE news.

Quoting NYT, sourced from Fox.
"Editors' Note: An earlier version of this article, which was adapted from a forthcoming book, did not include one element of the book's account regarding an assertion by a Yale classmate that friends of Brett Kavanaugh pushed his penis into the hand of a female student at a drunken dorm party. The book reports that the female student declined to be interviewed and friends say that she does not recall the incident. That information has been added to the article." https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyt-ka ... mpeachment

Interestingly, the original NYT article is not easily found on the main Google News page and few outlets are reporting the retraction. I also see little to nothing about the fact that the book writer making the latest allegation was a Clinton lawyer. So you'll just have to do with Fox News. Just another case of liberal media choosing not to report certain information.
Last edited by mham001 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9332
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:40 pm

mham001 wrote:
So in today's news, the alleged victim does not recall the incident and has never been interviewed. Another story - FAKE news.

"Editors' Note: An earlier version of this article, which was adapted from a forthcoming book, did not include one element of the book's account regarding an assertion by a Yale classmate that friends of Brett Kavanaugh pushed his penis into the hand of a female student at a drunken dorm party. The book reports that the female student declined to be interviewed and friends say that she does not recall the incident. That information has been added to the article." https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyt-ka ... mpeachment

Interestingly, the original NYT article is not easily found on the main Google News page and few outlets are reporting the retraction. I also see little to nothing about the fact that the book writer making the latest allegation was a Clinton lawyer. So you'll just have to do with Fox News. Just another case of liberal media choosing not to report certain information.


For those that can actually read, the issue is not the uncorroborated account, it is the one where the investigators botched the job on the Ramirez allegation.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
mham001
Posts: 5616
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:43 pm

casinterest wrote:

For those that can actually read, the issue is not the uncorroborated account, it is the one where the investigators botched the job on the Ramirez allegation.


That is not the subject of this thread, nor what 4 presidential candidates have responded to. You seem confused.
Last edited by mham001 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9332
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:59 pm

mham001 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

For those that can actually read, the issue is not the uncorroborated account, it is the one where the investigators botched the job on the Ramirez allegation.


That is not the subject of this thread, nor what 4 presidential candidates have responded to. You seem confused.



From the OP. What is the subject?
The OP has no real subject other than Allegations in a book And the Allegations are in the story,. Not the one botched line in a NYT headline.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
mham001
Posts: 5616
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:13 pm

casinterest wrote:
mham001 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

For those that can actually read, the issue is not the uncorroborated account, it is the one where the investigators botched the job on the Ramirez allegation.


That is not the subject of this thread, nor what 4 presidential candidates have responded to. You seem confused.



From the OP. What is the subject?
The OP has no real subject other than Allegations in a book And the Allegations are in the story,. Not the one botched line in a NYT headline.


Confuse and obfuscate, is this the new tactic?

From OP's article headline....

New sexual misconduct accusation against Kavanaugh emerges, echoing previous Yale allegation

Which led to headlines like this...

New Brett Kavanaugh sexual misconduct allegations spark calls for impeachment

If not for the NYT "expose", we wouldn't be talking about this, would we?
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12728
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:29 pm

DL717 wrote:

Yeah, the left is like that when it comes to people that don’t bow to their demands.

The public passes a ballot measure, the libs ignore it an make their own laws. Loose an election, claim it was rigged. Don’t get their way in an appointment, wreck the person. The left is a joke. Supporters of Democracy my ass.


This is just the beginning once the election next year gets in full swing I think we will see the ugliest depths of the fringe in this country.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20748
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:13 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Yeah, the left is like that when it comes to people that don’t bow to their demands.

The public passes a ballot measure, the libs ignore it an make their own laws. Loose an election, claim it was rigged. Don’t get their way in an appointment, wreck the person. The left is a joke. Supporters of Democracy my ass.


This is just the beginning once the election next year gets in full swing I think we will see the ugliest depths of the fringe in this country.


We already see it from the right with Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer, El Paso shooting, chants of "send them back", concentration camps at the border.............
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
extender
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:18 pm

seb146 wrote:
We already see it from the right with Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer, El Paso shooting, chants of "send them back", concentration camps at the border.............


Antifa, the Dayton Shooter, and the other people that still think the Russians helped Trump...
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20748
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:22 pm

extender wrote:
seb146 wrote:
We already see it from the right with Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer, El Paso shooting, chants of "send them back", concentration camps at the border.............


Antifa, the Dayton Shooter, and the other people that still think the Russians helped Trump...


Not to derail the thread much more but:

How many have the anti fascists murdered in the name of their leader? Who is their leader, anyway? We already know who inspires right wing domestic terrorists who have actually murdered people in his name.
The Dayton Shooter had mental health and family issues.
The Russia connection is actively being investigated. Deutsche Bank is involved.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
wingman
Posts: 3776
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:30 pm

extender wrote:
seb146 wrote:
We already see it from the right with Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer, El Paso shooting, chants of "send them back", concentration camps at the border.............


Antifa, the Dayton Shooter, and the other people that still think the Russians helped Trump...


I couldn't care less about the topic but this comment caught my eye. You forgot to add the FBI, the CIA, the DOJ, the vast majority of the American public and Vladimir Putin (the one riding Trump shirtless in all the press photos..granted Trump never seems to buck much).
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20748
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:10 pm

It seems Kavanaugh was "completely vetted" without the FBI having talked to anyone he went to Yale with

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/opinion- ... 1GHtfJkBY0

Even with his Yale classmates contacting the FBI willing to talk about these incidents. But, yeah, Obama signing a deal with Netflix is a problem.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
P1aneMad
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:21 pm

So nothing more than another hit job by the NYT against Kavanaugh!

New York Times sinks its Kavanaugh claim with Editor's Note stating alleged victim 'does not recall the incident'

More than a day after publishing a bombshell exposé detailing a new sexual misconduct allegation against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, the New York Times added a significant passage, along with an editor's note, that undercuts the claim.
And"
In the updated version of the article, the following passage was added: "The female student declined to be interviewed and friends say she does not recall the episode."

"An earlier version of this article, which was adapted from a forthcoming book, did not include one element of the book's account regarding an assertion by a Yale classmate that friends of Brett Kavanaugh pushed his penis into the hand of a female student at a drunken dorm party. The book reports that the female student declined to be interviewed and friends say that she does not recall the incident. That information has been added to the article," read the editor's note at the bottom of the story that was added Sunday evening.

Source: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/new-york-times-updates-kavanaugh-report-to-note-alleged-sexual-misconduct-victim-is-said-to-not-recall-the-incident

Wait, it gets better!

As noted in the Federalist https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/15/alleged-victim-in-new-york-times-kavanaugh-story-doesnt-remember-incident/ the Times reporters also did not mention that Stier was one of the attorneys representing President Bill Clinton during the Whitewater investigation in the 1990s while Kavanaugh was part of Ken Starr's team leading the inquiry.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
 
TSS
Posts: 3309
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:42 pm

seb146 wrote:
It seems Kavanaugh was "completely vetted" without the FBI having talked to anyone he went to Yale with

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/opinion- ... 1GHtfJkBY0

Even with his Yale classmates contacting the FBI willing to talk about these incidents. But, yeah, Obama signing a deal with Netflix is a problem.....


Did you even read that opinion piece past it's extremely click-baitish title before posting the link?

Some choice quotes:

We did not move in the same circles: I went to a public high school located in a factory town in upstate New York, while he came from the nation’s capital and attended one of its premier prep schools. I have only vague memories of him and his activities.

The hall was divided into four sections, referred to by the letters of their corresponding entryways. Based on what has been alleged and reported, the incident may have happened near entryway “B.” I lived on the first floor of entryway “A,” and Kavanaugh in entryway “D.”

Though I did not attend the party, I was able to dig up an old yearbook and draw up a list of people I thought the FBI probably should interview.

So this guy by his own admission barely remembers Kavanaugh, did not live in the same section as Kavanaugh or where the alleged incident may have occurred, and did not attend the party in question, yet HuffPo publishes his immense nothing-burger of an article detailing how the FBI wasn't interested in hearing from someone who barely even knew who Kavanaugh was at the time and who personally witnessed nothing.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
extender
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:54 pm

TSS wrote:
So this guy by his own admission barely remembers Kavanaugh, did not live in the same section as Kavanaugh or where the alleged incident may have occurred, and did not attend the party in question, yet HuffPo publishes his immense nothing-burger of an article detailing how the FBI wasn't interested in hearing from someone who barely even knew who Kavanaugh was at the time and who personally witnessed nothing.


These guys don't care about those facts. Smear Kavanaugh, no matter what; whether it is true or not, he has to be marginalized and eliminated.

Ted Kennedy, someone who did collude with the Soviets, and killed someone, got off Scott-free.
 
wingman
Posts: 3776
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:57 pm

P1aneMad wrote:
So nothing more than another hit job by the NYT against Kavanaugh!

New York Times sinks its Kavanaugh claim with Editor's Note stating alleged victim 'does not recall the incident'

More than a day after publishing a bombshell exposé detailing a new sexual misconduct allegation against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, the New York Times added a significant passage, along with an editor's note, that undercuts the claim.
And"
In the updated version of the article, the following passage was added: "The female student declined to be interviewed and friends say she does not recall the episode."

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Did you think that if this event possibly happened that she was awake while "his friends pushed his penis into her hand"? Use some common sense man. I hate to get in the way of a Republican laugh fest at sexual assault but THREE laughy faces??

And always remember, Kavanagh was instrumental in leading the the 18 year witch hunt of Bill to closure talking about cum on a dress (well, "closure" is a strong word I suppose). Personally I don't see any point hunting down Brett at this point, but I'll never be able to resist smashing Repubs' faces into their own giant steaming pile of hypocritical bullshit. Crowd's just getting warmed up chief, and you guys invented the process.
 
bgm
Posts: 2173
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:00 pm

DL717 wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
Kavanaugh will forever be branded as a rapist/sexual predator, regardless of how much the conservatives love him. He humiliated his wife and children with his antics in the Senate Approval Game. That brands them also. Can you remember the sad look on his wife's face as she had to endure that a humiliation? I felt sorry for her and so ashamed of the Wanna-Be-Judge.


Yeah, the left is like that when it comes to people that don’t bow to their demands.

The public passes a ballot measure, the libs ignore it an make their own laws. Loose an election, claim it was rigged. Don’t get their way in an appointment, wreck the person. The left is a joke. Supporters of Democracy my ass.


Lose, not loose.

Trump lost by 3 million votes. That’s not an insignificant amount. That tells you that the electoral college is not working. No President has ever lost by that much.

Did you not watch Kavanaugh at the hearing? He was unhinged, deranged, all over the place. Not exactly a bastion of stability that we want on the USSC.

You (and the other defenders here) seem to be so convinced of his innocence. Is that because you’re also an old white man who maybe did similar things in your younger years thinking it was perfectly harmless/acceptable?
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
wingman
Posts: 3776
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:02 pm

extender wrote:

These guys don't care about those facts. Smear Kavanaugh, no matter what; whether it is true or not, he has to be marginalized and eliminated.

Ted Kennedy, someone who did collude with the Soviets, and killed someone, got off Scott-free.


Wait, you worship Donald Trump and pretend to care about "facts"? Is there an emoji for that?
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12728
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:12 pm

seb146 wrote:

Not to derail the thread much more but:

How many have the anti fascists murdered in the name of their leader? Who is their leader, anyway? We already know who inspires right wing domestic terrorists who have actually murdered people in his name.
The Dayton Shooter had mental health and family issues.
The Russia connection is actively being investigated. Deutsche Bank is involved.


I find it staggering that you are aware that you are posting things that have nothing to do with the topic of thread, make reference to it and then do it again. Every one of your examples has nothing to do with unsubstantiated sexual allegations or sexual allegations in general of Kavanaugh for that matter. Which is what we are talking about and how they will relate to the 2020 election. People are trying to have some sort of a discussion about these topics without getting the thread locked can you try to stay on topic?
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.
 
P1aneMad
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:18 pm

wingman wrote:
P1aneMad wrote:
So nothing more than another hit job by the NYT against Kavanaugh!

New York Times sinks its Kavanaugh claim with Editor's Note stating alleged victim 'does not recall the incident'

More than a day after publishing a bombshell exposé detailing a new sexual misconduct allegation against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, the New York Times added a significant passage, along with an editor's note, that undercuts the claim.
And"
In the updated version of the article, the following passage was added: "The female student declined to be interviewed and friends say she does not recall the episode."

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Did you think that if this event possibly happened that she was awake while "his friends pushed his penis into her hand"? Use some common sense man. I hate to get in the way of a Republican laugh fest at sexual assault but THREE laughy faces??

And always remember, Kavanagh was instrumental in leading the the 18 year witch hunt of Bill to closure talking about cum on a dress (well, "closure" is a strong word I suppose). Personally I don't see any point hunting down Brett at this point, but I'll never be able to resist smashing Repubs' faces into their own giant steaming pile of hypocritical bullshit. Crowd's just getting warmed up chief, and you guys invented the process.

So much pain, so much anger! TDS for sure.
Trump is president, Kavanaugh is a supreme court justice, Trump will pick the next one too and he will also get re-elected next year.

Now go and accuse the alleged victim for not remembering such a "crime" ever taking place!

And just cause it triggers you:
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BN747, speedygonzales and 65 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos