casinterest

Re: More Kavanaugh Allegations

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Here is the real item of interest .

https://www.nhregister.com/metro/articl ... 440653.php

Ramirez was never asked to testify at Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearings.

“Her efforts to backstop her recollections with friends would later be cited as evidence that her memory was unreliable or that she was trying to construct a story rather than confirm one,” the essay states.

Ramirez’s legal team apparently gave the FBI a list of at least 25 people who might have had corroborating evidence for her allegations. But, despite many of those potential witnesses trying to reach the FBI on their own, none of them were interviewed.

According to the essay, two FBI agents interview Ramirez and told her they found her to be “credible.”

During her time at Yale, Ramirez told the reporters, she felt she never properly fit in with her classmates. But after
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:41 pm

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
It seems Kavanaugh was "completely vetted" without the FBI having talked to anyone he went to Yale with

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/opinion- ... 1GHtfJkBY0

Even with his Yale classmates contacting the FBI willing to talk about these incidents. But, yeah, Obama signing a deal with Netflix is a problem.....

Did you even read that opinion piece past it's extremely click-baitish title before posting the link?

Some choice quotes:

We did not move in the same circles: I went to a public high school located in a factory town in upstate New York, while he came from the nation’s capital and attended one of its premier prep schools. I have only vague memories of him and his activities.

The hall was divided into four sections, referred to by the letters of their corresponding entryways. Based on what has been alleged and reported, the incident may have happened near entryway “B.” I lived on the first floor of entryway “A,” and Kavanaugh in entryway “D.”

Though I did not attend the party, I was able to dig up an old yearbook and draw up a list of people I thought the FBI probably should interview.

So this guy by his own admission barely remembers Kavanaugh, did not live in the same section as Kavanaugh or where the alleged incident may have occurred, and did not attend the party in question, yet HuffPo publishes his immense nothing-burger of an article detailing how the FBI wasn't interested in hearing from someone who barely even knew who Kavanaugh was at the time and who personally witnessed nothing.

The point of the author in the link I posted is that the FBI did not investigate thoroughly and Kavanaugh was not vetted properly. If you read the link, the author spoke to others who DID run in Kavanaugh's circle and none of them had any response from the FBI. THAT was the point of my link.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

seb146

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:50 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Not to derail the thread much more but:

How many have the anti fascists murdered in the name of their leader? Who is their leader, anyway? We already know who inspires right wing domestic terrorists who have actually murdered people in his name.
The Dayton Shooter had mental health and family issues.
The Russia connection is actively being investigated. Deutsche Bank is involved.

I find it staggering that you are aware that you are posting things that have nothing to do with the topic of thread, make reference to it and then do it again. Every one of your examples has nothing to do with unsubstantiated sexual allegations or sexual allegations in general of Kavanaugh for that matter. Which is what we are talking about and how they will relate to the 2020 election. People are trying to have some sort of a discussion about these topics without getting the thread locked can you try to stay on topic?

I find it staggering that there is still a too vocal group of people who will stand with all these crimes and perpetrators and actual traitors simply to pwn the libs and absolutely no other reason at all. Then you all have the nerve to get offended when it is pointed out.

I will not apologize or back down always pointing out the right wing mantra of "both sides do it". If you don't like it pointed out that "both sides do it" then maybe your side should change from what they started.

You all hate #metoo and women when it is one of your guys being accused but we have to burn at the stake literally every single "liberal" who is accused. It is you righties who keep moving the goal posts. Make up your minds. Either the women are victims or liars. Pick a side.

TSS

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:04 pm

seb146 wrote:
Make up your minds. Either the women are victims or liars. Pick a side.

Or maybe, just maybe, each accusation should be investigated separately and thoroughly and be judged on it's own individual merits including actual evidence in a court of law rather than in the court of biased public opinion, AKA "The Media".
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

mham001

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:09 pm

casinterest wrote:

“Her efforts to backstop her recollections with friends would later be cited as evidence that her memory was unreliable or that she was trying to construct a story rather than confirm one,” the essay states.

Ramirez’s legal team apparently gave the FBI a list of at least 25 people who might have had corroborating evidence for her allegations. But, despite many of those potential witnesses trying to reach the FBI on their own, none of them were interviewed.

According to the essay, two FBI agents interview Ramirez and told her they found her to be “credible.”

During her time at Yale, Ramirez told the reporters, she felt she never properly fit in with her classmates. But after

Seems to be the new talking point - blame the FBI. But at least two Democrat Senate offices also had their own investigations, as well as numerous liberal media organizations looking to score bigtime. Nobody found anything, which might be why Democrats did not ask her to testify? Why don't you ask the Democrats why they did not request her testimony?
To refresh your memory, here is one of those media investigations. They found nothing. https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... ah-ramirez

casinterest

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:24 pm

mham001 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Seems to be the new talking point - blame the FBI. But at least two Democrat Senate offices also had their own investigations, as well as numerous liberal media organizations looking to score bigtime. Nobody found anything, which might be why Democrats did not ask her to testify? Why don't you ask the Democrats why they did not request her testimony?
To refresh your memory, here is one of those media investigations. They found nothing. https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... ah-ramirez

So what you are saying, is that the Republicans don't care about hiring liars to be in charge of the highest court in the nation?

The classmate, like Ramirez, recalled that the party took place in a common room on the first floor in Entryway B of Lawrance Hall, during their freshman year. “I’ve known this all along,” he said. “It’s been on my mind all these years when his name came up. It was a big deal.” The story stayed with him, he said, because it was disturbing and seemed outside the bounds of typically acceptable behavior, even during heavy drinking at parties on campus. The classmate said that he had been shocked, but not necessarily surprised, because the social group to which Kavanaugh belonged often drank to excess. He recalled Kavanaugh as “relatively shy” until he drank, at which point he said that Kavanaugh could become “aggressive and even belligerent.”

Another classmate, Richard Oh, an emergency-room doctor in California, recalled overhearing, soon after the party, a female student tearfully recounting to another student an incident at a party involving a gag with a fake penis, followed by a male student exposing himself. Oh is not certain of the identity of the female student.
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:04 am

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Make up your minds. Either the women are victims or liars. Pick a side.

Or maybe, just maybe, each accusation should be investigated separately and thoroughly and be judged on it's own individual merits including actual evidence in a court of law rather than in the court of biased public opinion, AKA "The Media".

Right. So, either investigate allegations or not. Do NOT whine about "why are liberals attacking what this person may or may not have done decades ago?" while, at the same time, screaming "THAT LIBERAL NEEDS TO BE REMOVED BECAUSE OF THESE ALLEGATIONS FROM DECADES AGO!"

Get it now?

LittleSprocket

Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:25 am

Ken777 wrote:
extender wrote:
Ford needs to be in jail. Even her attorneys need to go. Suborning perjury for starters. The way the Senate judiciary democrat committee members treated Kavanaugh was disgusting. Just imagine if Kavanaugh was your brother or father, forget the partisan BS; it was a sham.

You assume that Kavanaugh is innocent and Ford is guilty. Personally I generally believe the women over the men in situations like this, especially when there were other accusers who were not allowed time in the Kavanaugh hearings.

IMO we have a sex abuser sitting on the USSC and the GOP is going to do anything necessary to keep him there. Just like the pubic hairs in the Coke can.

I prefer to believe the facts over whatever someone’s gender is, especially with how high the incidence is of men being falsely accused of a horrendous crime and there being almost no repercussions for those that ruined the life of the accused.

In your opinion we have a sexual abuser in the SCOTUS...well, your opinion is garbage if it is based on rhetoric and not the facts of the case, which in this case there isn’t any.

seb146

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:52 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
extender wrote:
Ford needs to be in jail. Even her attorneys need to go. Suborning perjury for starters. The way the Senate judiciary democrat committee members treated Kavanaugh was disgusting. Just imagine if Kavanaugh was your brother or father, forget the partisan BS; it was a sham.

You assume that Kavanaugh is innocent and Ford is guilty. Personally I generally believe the women over the men in situations like this, especially when there were other accusers who were not allowed time in the Kavanaugh hearings.

IMO we have a sex abuser sitting on the USSC and the GOP is going to do anything necessary to keep him there. Just like the pubic hairs in the Coke can.

I prefer to believe the facts over whatever someone’s gender is, especially with how high the incidence is of men being falsely accused of a horrendous crime and there being almost no repercussions for those that ruined the life of the accused.

In your opinion we have a sexual abuser in the SCOTUS...well, your opinion is garbage if it is based on rhetoric and not the facts of the case, which in this case there isn’t any.

Except there was enough evidence. One woman making one claim is enough to get any Democrat ousted. Three women making several claims should be enough to get a Republican ousted, no? IF the FBI had done their due diligence and talked with his Yale classmates, they may have found he actually is a sexual predator. Or, they may have found he is simply an alcoholic. Either way, I do not believe the Republican controlled FBI did it's due diligence investigating these claims against Kavanaugh.

727LOVER

Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:24 pm

For those interested...and since you guys seem to be endlessly arguing about his, I assume you are.....

So the authors of this new book were on The View today. Here's what happened with the NY Times article.

Also, they have some pretty kind words for Kavanaugh

Starts @ 59:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qn9NT5bLfE
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

OA412

Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:32 pm

727LOVER wrote:
For those interested...and since you guys seem to be endlessly arguing about his, I assume you are.....

So the authors of this new book were on The View today. Here's what happened with the NY Times article.

That's a 1 second long clip.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

727LOVER

Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:40 pm

OA412 wrote:
727LOVER wrote:

Sorry...try this [email protected] 20:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h3dSvecvm0
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

windy95

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:26 pm

bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
Kavanaugh will forever be branded as a rapist/sexual predator, regardless of how much the conservatives love him. He humiliated his wife and children with his antics in the Senate Approval Game. That brands them also. Can you remember the sad look on his wife's face as she had to endure that a humiliation? I felt sorry for her and so ashamed of the Wanna-Be-Judge.

Yeah, the left is like that when it comes to people that don’t bow to their demands.

The public passes a ballot measure, the libs ignore it an make their own laws. Loose an election, claim it was rigged. Don’t get their way in an appointment, wreck the person. The left is a joke. Supporters of Democracy my ass.

Lose, not loose.

Trump lost by 3 million votes. That’s not an insignificant amount. That tells you that the electoral college is not working. No President has ever lost by that much.

Did you not watch Kavanaugh at the hearing? He was unhinged, deranged, all over the place. Not exactly a bastion of stability that we want on the USSC.

You (and the other defenders here) seem to be so convinced of his innocence. Is that because you’re also an old white man who maybe did similar things in your younger years thinking it was perfectly harmless/acceptable?

He lost by 3 million votes in one state (CA) and one city (LA) that has the most illegal aliens voting. If you take out California Trump won the "popular" vote inn the other 49 states. That's why we have the electoral college.

The only thing that was unhinged at the Kavanaugh hearing was the lineup of Dems on the judiciary committee.

Kavanaughs innocence is based on the fact that he has never been convicted of anything. And the fact that the vast majority of what is said about him comes from the mouths of democrat supporters who have no verifiable information.

seb146

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:51 pm

windy95 wrote:
bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Yeah, the left is like that when it comes to people that don’t bow to their demands.

The public passes a ballot measure, the libs ignore it an make their own laws. Loose an election, claim it was rigged. Don’t get their way in an appointment, wreck the person. The left is a joke. Supporters of Democracy my ass.

Lose, not loose.

Trump lost by 3 million votes. That’s not an insignificant amount. That tells you that the electoral college is not working. No President has ever lost by that much.

Did you not watch Kavanaugh at the hearing? He was unhinged, deranged, all over the place. Not exactly a bastion of stability that we want on the USSC.

You (and the other defenders here) seem to be so convinced of his innocence. Is that because you’re also an old white man who maybe did similar things in your younger years thinking it was perfectly harmless/acceptable?

He lost by 3 million votes in one state (CA) and one city (LA) that has the most illegal aliens voting. If you take out California Trump won the "popular" vote inn the other 49 states. That's why we have the electoral college.

The only thing that was unhinged at the Kavanaugh hearing was the lineup of Dems on the judiciary committee.

Kavanaughs innocence is based on the fact that he has never been convicted of anything. And the fact that the vast majority of what is said about him comes from the mouths of democrat supporters who have no verifiable information.

Prove that illegals voted.

The authors of the book are now saying Kavanaugh asked them to lie

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9 ... 9mpjfVXCDY

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:02 pm

727LOVER wrote:
OA412 wrote:
727LOVER wrote:

Sorry...try this [email protected] 20:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h3dSvecvm0

That link doesn't work. Try this link for "The View's" coverage of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtEcXVKTAn0
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

DL717

Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:21 am

seb146 wrote:
windy95 wrote:
bgm wrote:

Lose, not loose.

They didn’t have to. California is so far left, all you need to get a vote is have a (D) after your name. I’ll be damned if our country is run by California and/or New York voters. And as Windy said, that’s why we have the electoral college. We are a nation of sovereign states bound by a federal government that is accountable to everyone, not the Majority. People can like it or leave it.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

seb146

Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:55 am

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
windy95 wrote:

They didn’t have to. California is so far left, all you need to get a vote is have a (D) after your name. I’ll be damned if our country is run by California and/or New York voters. And as Windy said, that’s why we have the electoral college. We are a nation of sovereign states bound by a federal government that is accountable to everyone, not the Majority. People can like it or leave it.

That does not prove illegals in California voted. It just proves you have no idea about voters in California.

I want to see proof that illegals in California voted.

IIRC, "small states" whined and complained when Obama was elected because "California and New York do not represent the United States!" Well, Ohio does not represent the United States, either.

Prove illegals in California voted.

bgm

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:00 am

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
windy95 wrote:

Like it, leave it, or change it. That’s the beauty of a democracy.

Why should a Californian’s vote be worth less than someone from Wyoming? That makes absolutely no sense. Unless of course your party benefits from it of course. Same with Gerrymandering.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

DL717

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:24 am

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

That does not prove illegals in California voted. It just proves you have no idea about voters in California.

I want to see proof that illegals in California voted.

IIRC, "small states" whined and complained when Obama was elected because "California and New York do not represent the United States!" Well, Ohio does not represent the United States, either.

Prove illegals in California voted.

Why should I explain someone else’s position on something?

DL717

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:27 am

bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Why should a Californian’s vote be worth less than someone from Wyoming? That makes absolutely no sense. Unless of course your party benefits from it of course. Same with Gerrymandering.

It’s not worth less. California has 55 votes. That almost as much as every Mountain State combined. You add in Washington and Oregon and it pretty much equates to everything west of the Mississippi north of Texas, never-mind Illinois and Minnesota are ridiculously reliable. Every state gets a voice in how this country is run, not every person. Or do you not understand that your voice is heard in the legislative branch where you directly elect your representation where as the President represents everyone, not just your district? I truly don’t understand how this basic concept of our form of government is so lost on modern society. The SCOTUS doesn’t represent you directly either, you elect local judges and your governor appoints Judges at the State level. The SCOTUS is there to determine if their actions are unconstitutional or not as they apply to the country.

seb146

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:54 am

DL717 wrote:
bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:

It’s not worth less. California has 55 votes. That almost as much as every Mountain State combined. You add in Washington and Oregon and it pretty much equates to everything west of the Mississippi north of Texas, never-mind Illinois and Minnesota are ridiculously reliable. Every state gets a voice in how this country is run, not every person. Or do you not understand that your voice is heard in the legislative branch where you directly elect your representation where as the President represents everyone, not just your district? I truly don’t understand how this basic concept of our form of government is so lost on modern society. The SCOTUS doesn’t represent you directly either, you elect local judges and your governor appoints Judges at the State level. The SCOTUS is there to determine if their actions are unconstitutional or not as they apply to the country.

And Mitch McConnell decided to not seat hundreds of judges, including one Supreme Court justice, under Obama. One guy 49 states had no say in electing decided for all of us to keep judge seats vacant.

I am not impressed with your condescending tone, either. Just because I am not a Republican, you seem to think I don't know anything. Surprise! I do. Like one guy from Kentucky that only a few of us could vote for decided for the entire country who should get to seat judges.

DL717

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:57 am

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
bgm wrote:

And Mitch McConnell decided to not seat hundreds of judges, including one Supreme Court justice, under Obama. One guy 49 states had no say in electing decided for all of us to keep judge seats vacant.

I am not impressed with your condescending tone, either. Just because I am not a Republican, you seem to think I don't know anything. Surprise! I do. Like one guy from Kentucky that only a few of us could vote for decided for the entire country who should get to seat judges.

Well, no, he didn’t. Having control of the legislative branch did that.

WidebodyPTV

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:43 pm

DL717 wrote:
bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Democracy = rule of the majority,

California:
- population: over 40M
- GDP: over 3 TRILLION (CA would rank as the world's fifth largest economy if it were an independent country)
- land mass: 163,696 mi²
- Senators in Congress: 2

The Dakotas:
- population: over 1.6M
- GDP: over 100M
- land mass: 147,946 mi²
- Senators in Congress: 4

When the Constitution was written, our Founding Fathers either didn't foresee the extreme differentials in population, or believed that the Constitution would be a fluid document and amended to reflect such extremes. Nonetheless, it's OK to say 'I vote with the party that came out ahead because of the flaws in the Constitution, and I'm going to fight to prevent it from being changed' but it's ignorant to pretend this reflects a democracy. Recall that in the late 1990s into 2000, when it appeared that a Democrat would win the White House via electoral votes but lose the popular vote, the Republicans were actively whining about the system... but when the opposite happened -- twice -- to their candidate, and appears likely to happen again in the future, suddenly the system works!

DL717

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:37 am

WidebodyPTV wrote:
DL717 wrote:
bgm wrote:

California:
- GDP: over 3 TRILLION (CA would rank as the world's fifth largest economy if it were an independent country)

The Dakotas:

When the Constitution was written, our Founding Fathers either didn't foresee the extreme differentials in population, or believed that the Constitution would be a fluid document and amended to reflect such extremes. Nonetheless, it's OK to say 'I vote with the party that came out ahead because of the flaws in the Constitution, and I'm going to fight to prevent it from being changed' but it's ignorant to pretend this reflects a democracy. Recall that in the late 1990s into 2000, when it appeared that a Democrat would win the White House via electoral votes but lose the popular vote, the Republicans were actively whining about the system... but when the opposite happened -- twice -- to their candidate, and appears likely to happen again in the future, suddenly the system works!

You’re referring to a direct democracy. That we are not. Our founding fathers were absolutely brilliant. Thank God they could foresee a future where there would be tyranny of the Majority if left unchecked.

TSS

Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:04 am

DL717 wrote:
WidebodyPTV wrote:
DL717 wrote:

California:

The Dakotas:

You’re referring to a direct democracy. That we are not. Our founding fathers were absolutely brilliant. Thank God they could foresee a future where there would be tyranny of the Majority if left unchecked.

Exactly.

First off, there are no Senators in Congress. Senators are in the Senate whereas Congressmen, Congresspeople, or Congressional Representatives are in Congress.

Secondly, the number of Congressional Representatives from each state IS based on population and varies widely from state to state. The number of Senators per state is limited to two per state by design so that in the Senate, all states are on an equal footing representation-wise.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

bgm

Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:52 pm

DL717 wrote:
Thank God they could foresee a future where there would be tyranny of the Majority if left unchecked.

So we're left with the tyranny of the Minority running amok? Brilliant indeed! :sarcastic:

CitizenJustin

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:43 am

Redd wrote:
I'm a leftie and not a fan of Kavanaugh, but I have to say that women who are proven to have falsely accused a man of sexual assault should end up in Jail. For a long time. These accusations are getting out of hand, with more and more being proven false and the women are getting off without any punishment. It's absurd.

I’ve never understood this. Women can scream rape, ruin someone’s life and continue on with theirs. Male rape in prison is joked about, when rape should never be a joke. Women can hit men as much as they want with zero consequences. In fact. women hitting men is widely celebrated in the media and society in general. Female teachers can have sex with their students and they get a slap on the wrist. It seems to me that women aren’t expected to hold themselves to the same standards as men. They can be as sloppy and horrible as they want. We’ve gotten to this bizarre place where only women can be victims. If a man comes forward and complains about a woman doing whatever, they’re called some pretty awful names.

Brick

Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:05 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
We’ve gotten to this bizarre place where only women can be victims.

It's called identity politics. The Democrats invented and perfected it.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

seb146

Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:33 pm

Brick wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
We’ve gotten to this bizarre place where only women can be victims.

It's called identity politics. The Democrats invented and perfected it.

It has nothing to do with politics at all. If you do want to go down that road, look at all the male prostitutes and children mistreated by Republicans.

No, it has zero to do with politics and more about society. It is still a struggle for any man to come forward and say that they are being beaten by a woman. It had been very difficult for a man to make these allegations and even win because women were considered weak and always the victim. Now, we know that is not always the case. It is still difficult to talk about and prove. Men are abused.

In the case of Kavanaugh, it is pretty clear he was never abused. We can not believe the women who accused him, for some reason, even though their stories all line up. We can not destroy Kavanaugh's career. That is the talking point.

DL717

Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:52 am

bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Thank God they could foresee a future where there would be tyranny of the Majority if left unchecked.

So we're left with the tyranny of the Minority running amok? Brilliant indeed! :sarcastic:

There is no such thing as tyranny of the minority. Everyone gets a voice in this country, not just the left, even though they think they are the only voice that matters. The left has a long history of suppressing minorities, so it’s no shock.

LittleSprocket

Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:22 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

How many have the anti fascists murdered in the name of their leader? Who is their leader, anyway? We already know who inspires right wing domestic terrorists who have actually murdered people in his name.
The Russia connection is actively being investigated. Deutsche Bank is involved.

I find it staggering that you are aware that you are posting things that have nothing to do with the topic of thread, make reference to it and then do it again. Every one of your examples has nothing to do with unsubstantiated sexual allegations or sexual allegations in general of Kavanaugh for that matter. Which is what we are talking about and how they will relate to the 2020 election. People are trying to have some sort of a discussion about these topics without getting the thread locked can you try to stay on topic?

Oh come on now, you know that they don’t care about facts. For the Democratic Party, the end justifies the means and well...they will do anything and everything to keep their right to abort the unborn. I find it funny how they work day and night to try and protect that yet have no ambition to better our adoption policies to make them more affordable to millions of couples that wish to adopt.

LittleSprocket

Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:25 am

DL717 wrote:
bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:

There is no such thing as tyranny of the minority. Everyone gets a voice in this country, not just the left, even though they think they are the only voice that matters. The left has a long history of suppressing minorities, so it’s no shock.

Haha, yes they do! It wasn’t until Johnson stated “I’ll have those ***** voting democrat for the next 200 years” that they started caring about the African American vote... strangely enough that also coincides with the downfall of the African American family structure and their mass incarceration as “super predators”.

Aaron747

Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:44 am

TSS wrote:
DL717 wrote:
WidebodyPTV wrote:

California:

The Dakotas:

Exactly.

First off, there are no Senators in Congress. Senators are in the Senate whereas Congressmen, Congresspeople, or Congressional Representatives are in Congress.

Secondly, the number of Congressional Representatives from each state IS based on population and varies widely from state to state. The number of Senators per state is limited to two per state by design so that in the Senate, all states are on an equal footing representation-wise.

This is why I bring up HS civics class so often - there are most certainly 100 Senators in Congress. You are referring to the House. Congresspersons are comprised of both representatives in the House and Senators in the Senate. Why? Because the US Congress is a bicameral legislative system.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

seb146

Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:19 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Oh come on now, you know that they don’t care about facts. For the Democratic Party, the end justifies the means and well...they will do anything and everything to keep their right to abort the unborn. I find it funny how they work day and night to try and protect that yet have no ambition to better our adoption policies to make them more affordable to millions of couples that wish to adopt.

Abortion is an OPTION. Especially for women who were raped. Besides, it is REPUBLICANS who are making it near impossible for LGBTQ couples to adopt. Talk about having no ambition to better our adoption politics. This is why McConnell did not allow Obama to seat a SCOTUS justice. He wanted women to be subjugated and restrict the rights of LGBTQ Americans. We can not see how much of a sexual predator Kavanaugh is because transparent Republicans do not want us to see that. I wonder how many abortions he and his parents paid for? We will never know because Republicans just want us to accept this is the new normal. Accept and praise what Republicans do but demonize and blame Democrats at every turn. Even when Republicans show how corrupt they are.

bgm

Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:20 pm

DL717 wrote:
Everyone gets a voice in this country, not just the left

You're correct, and the right has a disproportionately more powerful voice than the left, thanks to the EC. Again, it's tyranny of the minority.

seb146

Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:49 pm

bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:

You're correct, and the right has a disproportionately more powerful voice than the left, thanks to the EC. Again, it's tyranny of the minority.

Is that why I constantly hear Thom Hartmann and Bill Press along with Rush and Sean Hannity on AM talk radio? Is that why the right keeps screaming "MSNBC is not news!" while quoting Fox? /sarcasm

Yes, everyone gets a voice in this country. There are more Democrats registered than Republicans and more Democrats voted in the last election. However, thanks to Republican gerrymandering and arbitrary voting rules, Republicans still have a majority. Even though everyone gets a voice in this country.

DL717

Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:39 pm

bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Dear Lordy. Do you not understand that your voice is through Congress? You know, that whole representative democracy we live by. Again, there is no such thing as tyranny of the minority. You have your tyranny of the majority in your state and/or district to enjoy. You don’t get to impose your tyranny on every State in the Union. It doesn’t work that way. The President doesn’t make law, he signs it or doesn’t sign it and control of how laws are implemented ebbs and flows over time by who controls Congress. Just as the founding fathers intended.

alfa164

Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:49 pm

DL717 wrote:
Dear Lordy. Do you not understand that your voice is through Congress? You know, that whole representative democracy we live by. Again, there is no such thing as tyranny of the minority. You have your tyranny of the majority in your state and/or district to enjoy. You don’t get to impose your tyranny on every State in the Union. It doesn’t work that way. The President doesn’t make law, he signs it or doesn’t sign it and control of how laws are implemented ebbs and flows over time by who controls Congress. Just as the founding fathers intended.

Unfortunately, at this point it is tyranny by the Republicans - the minority...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:14 pm

DL717 wrote:
bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Explain Republicans confirming radial far right extremist judges hand over fist? Those judges do not represent the majority of Americans. Only fundamentalist Christians and corporations. A very small minority. Hence, tyranny of the minority.

DL717

Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:26 am

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
bgm wrote:

Explain Republicans confirming radial far right extremist judges hand over fist? Those judges do not represent the majority of Americans. Only fundamentalist Christians and corporations. A very small minority. Hence, tyranny of the minority.

Are you suggesting Democrats don’t do the same when they are in office? Please. :roll:

It’s call balance, and as I notes it ebbs and flows.

bgm

Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:17 am

alfa164 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Unfortunately, at this point it is tyranny by the Republicans - the minority...

:roll:

Exactly my point. At least someone gets it.

Dear Lordy indeed. :sarcastic:

seb146

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 pm

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Are you suggesting Democrats don’t do the same when they are in office? Please. :roll:

How many seats did Harry Ried leave open under GWB? How many various agencies were left without leaders by Harry Ried under GWB?

DL717

Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:35 am

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

How many seats did Harry Ried leave open under GWB? How many various agencies were left without leaders by Harry Ried under GWB?

That sounds like Harry Reid’s problem.

seb146

Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:39 am

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

That Harry Reid played by the rules? Now we know how to play. Lie, cheat, and steal and tell Americans this is what's best. Got it.

DL717

Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:40 am

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

That Harry Reid played by the rules? Now we know how to play. Lie, cheat, and steal and tell Americans this is what's best. Got it.

Sounds to me like he didn’t do his job.