EstherLouise
Topic Author

If Trump loses in 2020, will there be violence?

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Entrenched Trump supporters make up about 35% of all voters. They swear that that figure is closer to 80%, which is not true. They are confident that Trump will skate into a second term. However, a recent poll showed that every Democratic candidate would beat Trump by at least 10% each. If Trump loses, will his entrenched supporters, who are major believers in conspiracy theories, become violent?

https://www.salon.com/2019/09/17/donald ... ble-ahead/
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

Airstud

Re: If Trump loses in 2020, will there be violence?

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:17 pm

EstherLouise wrote:
If Trump loses, will his entrenched supporters, who are major believers in conspiracy theories, become violent?

The left became violent when he won.
Pancakes are delicious.

seb146

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:28 pm

Yes. They are far more violent. Much more than simply marching and chanting and throwing one milkshake at one guy one time. They are not afraid to gun people down or run people down. All lives matter but only the far right wing lives. There are "jokes" about the current occupant of the White House serving an extra 2 1/2 years because, apparently, he could not golf enough while independent council did their investigations.

Yes, there will be violence but, in the final stroke of irony, those violent right wingers will only get a slap on the wrist, no matter how violent they become.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

johns624

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:56 pm

No, nothing will happen. They kept talking about it being time for a revolution when Obama was president, but all it was was talk. Same thing now.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:29 am

There will be small pockets of violence, either way, wherever people are the most immature.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Ken777

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:46 am

Trump will want you to believe that there will be violence, riots in the streets, etc. because his followers will understand that a loss will only happen if there is massive fraud by the Democrats.

One of the most interesting aspects of a Trump loss will be watching all the drama that Trump will deliver. No question that he will have lawyers working on how to change the election results.

The other interesting aspect will be the number of indictments that Trump and his Family will collect when the Presidential Impeachment Protection falls off. :goodvibes:

jdstJD

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:59 am

I really don’t see there being any more violence from either side than what is happening now. I may be wrong and we will have to just wait and see since we are definitely in unchartered waters.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

ER757

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:25 am

EstherLouise wrote:
Entrenched Trump supporters make up about 35% of all voters. They swear that that figure is closer to 80%, which is not true. They are confident that Trump will skate into a second term. However, a recent poll showed that every Democratic candidate would beat Trump by at least 10% each. If Trump loses, will his entrenched supporters, who are major believers in conspiracy theories, become violent?

No more than there is at your typical protest rally now - think Charlottesville for the extreme, probably less than that. Can't imagine it would rise the the level of the post MLK assassination and Democratic Convention riots in 1968. I'm old enough to remember them and they were doozies

SanDiegoLover

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:38 am

If Trump loses he will flee to Russia. I’m not joking. He will.

ltbewr

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:21 am

What I would be concerned with is another Florida 2000 Bush v. Gore situation, where it comes down to a narrow and highly disputable vote margin that could mean tipping the Electoral College vote for Trump or the Democrat. Unlike 2000, the Democrats would be far more aggressive in a post-election battle, spend $10's of million for vote recounts, court challenges, related legal costs and ad buy battles. No doubt supporters on both sides would have massive protests that could lead to violent confrontations. In the end, as with Bush - Gore, there will be grumblings but not large scale violence.

NIKV69

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:26 am

Airstud wrote:
EstherLouise wrote:
If Trump loses, will his entrenched supporters, who are major believers in conspiracy theories, become violent?

I know really. We should worry more about if he wins what the left will do.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

seb146

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:45 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Airstud wrote:
EstherLouise wrote:

I know really. We should worry more about if he wins what the left will do.

Or we should be worried WHEN he loses the popular vote AND the Electoral College vote and refuses to step down.

BTW, how many have "the left" killed since November 2016 because of their beliefs vs. how many the right has killed since November 2016? You all keep going on and on about how violent the left is but, the actual fact is THE RIGHT is more willing to resort to violence and murder and terrorism.

Airstud

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:34 am

seb146 wrote:
You all keep going on and on about how violent the left is

No we don't. We are frustrated at the total lack of press coverage when they are.
Pancakes are delicious.

seb146

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:36 am

Airstud wrote:
seb146 wrote:

No we don't. We are frustrated at the total lack of press coverage when they are.

I already mentioned the one time the one guy was hit with one milkshake.

Tell us again how many terror attacks and murders can be attributed to the left versus the right?

einsteinboricua

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:37 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
If Trump loses he will flee to Russia. I’m not joking. He will.

But I thought he was in love with KJU so North Korea seems like the prime spot...
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

alfa164

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:41 am

seb146 wrote:
I already mentioned the one time the one guy was hit with one milkshake. Tell us again how many terror attacks and murders can be attributed to the left versus the right?

For our uninformed right wing friends:

"FBI Director Christopher Wray said Tuesday that the agency has made about 100 domestic terrorism-related arrests since October, and the majority were tied to white supremacy."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -this-year
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Airstud

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:48 am

seb146 wrote:
Airstud wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Tell us again how many terror attacks and murders can be attributed to the left versus the right?

If the one guy you're referring to is Andy Ngo, he wasn't "hit with one milkshake;" he was badly injured and needed hospital treatment.

And it isn't a contest to see which political affiliation is claimed by which majority of attackers. It's the fact that the media heaps an amount of coverage on violence committed by right-wingers disproportionate to the amount of coverage received when violence is committed by someone on the left.
Pancakes are delicious.

alfa164

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 am

Airstud wrote:
If the one guy you're referring to is Andy Ngo, he wasn't "hit with one milkshake;" he was badly injured and needed hospital treatment.

He was hit by a milkshake. One can only guess that he decided to make a spectacle out of it and scurry off to the hospital... or maybe he was lactose intolerant...

:roll:

Airstud wrote:
And it isn't a contest to see which political affiliation is claimed by which majority of attackers. It's the fact that the media heaps an amount of coverage on violence committed by right-wingers disproportionate to the amount of coverage received when violence is committed by someone on the left.

Which might be because a vast majority of the attacks are carried out by right-wing extremists.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 17986.html
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

wingman

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:59 am

Airstud wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Airstud wrote:

Exactly! Andy had to be treated for a cold forehead! Meanwhile all that happened in Charlotte was some dumb bitch jumping in front of a Dodge Charger and got her brains squirted out of her ears. Snowflakes!

stl07

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:04 am

One of the biggest right-wing mottos is "facts don't care about your feelings"

Yet the cold, hard facts are that right-wingers kill a lot more people when they get triggered. When they get mad, FAR right-wingers go and shoot up a Walmart. When the FAR left-wingers get mad, they call you a sexist, troll, thow something at you, demand you use Latinx, or accuse you of something you (most of the time) didn't do, but they usually don't kill you.

So it's funny who the people are that are getting upset right now

*Note the use of FAR before you tell me you never shot anyone or called them a sexist
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

Aaron747

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:53 am

stl07 wrote:

Yet the cold, hard facts are that right-wingers kill a lot more people when they get triggered. When they get mad, FAR right-wingers go and shoot up a Walmart. When the FAR left-wingers get mad, they call you a sexist, troll, thow something at you, demand you use Latinx, or accuse you of something you (most of the time) didn't do, but they usually don't kill you.

*Note the use of FAR before you tell me you never shot anyone or called them a sexist

This. Be upset about the press coverage, or lack thereof, but only when it serves to reduce volume on discussion of ridiculous amounts of existing extremism. Occupy Wall Street or Antifa are annoying as hell, but they do not advocate for removal of people or generally culminate in psychotic episodes of incel or xenophobe shooting sprees. Any insinuation otherwise is outright lies. Educated people in the suburbs know this - that’s why approval ratings went off a cliff after Charlottesville.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

sonicruiser

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:54 am

I dislike Trump but there's no way he's going to lose. He'd have to do something shockingly stupid to not win 2020. There are already ominous warning signs that the Democrats are falling for the classic mistake of dividing themselves up and arguing with each other against a strong and united Republican party. I have no reason not to believe Trump can't win again. Trump is sometimes a genius, sometimes a fool. There are some things Trump understands better than any Democrat and there are some things Democrats understand better than Trump. I desperately want Bernie to be nominated because if Warren or Biden gets nominated, Trump is going to steamroll them. Bernie sounds like he can actually challenge Trump and is a much more likable guy than either Warren or Biden. My fear is that the Democrats will be stupid enough to do exactly this, and pass over Bernie in favor of Warren or Biden, handing the election to Trump on a silver platter. But to answer your question, no there will not be violence.

tommy1808

Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:10 am

stl07 wrote:

Yet the cold, hard facts are that right-wingers kill a lot more people when they get triggered. When they get mad, FAR right-wingers go and shoot up a Walmart.

Those are not right wingers, those are mentally ill people. Also, they are never motivated by religion, unless they are not christian and if they make their Van up to be a moving advertising pillar for Trump, that is just because Trump stickers are cheaper than paint....

sonicruiser wrote:
each other against a strong and united Republican party..

What united republican party? The Republicans that say they won´t vote for Trump, or those that run attack ads against his henchmen?

Election security wouldn´t have priority minus one amongst Republicans if they didn´t think they needed foreign help.
Will be quite hilarious if China decides Trump needs to go and does the Russian gambit against Trump. Will be funny how they all turn 180° on "this doesn´t effect the outcome" if China had the better campaign...

johns624 wrote:
No, nothing will happen. They kept talking about it being time for a revolution when Obama was president, but all it was was talk. Same thing now.

Maybe not nothing, but not much. Few are stupid enough to mix it up with law enforcement and the rest is too scared and would stay home and hide even if North Korea put boots on the ground in the US.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

FatCat

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:53 am

EstherLouise wrote:
If Trump loses/

but he will not
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

Aesma

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:38 am

I don't think there would be anything massive, most of these people are all talk. There were big tea party rallies with rifles on display etc., because Obama was spending too much. Now, where are they ?

Some young ones, you never know.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

tommy1808

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:46 am

extender wrote:
Your fellow liberals have demonstrated they are more apt to use guns on people.

i guess you have some statistics to demonstrate that claim is factual?

best regards
Thomas

Olddog

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:01 am

If Trump lose, his golf resorts will go down very fast.....
When UK was in it wanted a lot of opt-outs, now it is out it wants opt-ins

petertenthije

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:02 am

I don't think anything serious will happen.

A few torn down or vandalized political signs. Maybe some small scale stuff. Bar fights that escalate because of politics (that otherwise would still have escalated, but for other reasons).

All pretty normal in elections, and not just in the USA either.
Attamottamotta!

tommy1808

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:07 am

Olddog wrote:

considering that plenty of places try to get out of Management Contracts with the Trump organisation and get his name of the building its probably not just going to be his golf courses.

He is already very active trying to funnel tax payers money into his business, regardless of the legal exposure that means down the road, so i´d be surprised if there is much meat on the bone of his conglomerate as it is already.

best regards
Thomas

extender

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Olddog wrote:

considering that plenty of places try to get out of Management Contracts with the Trump organisation and get his name of the building its probably not just going to be his golf courses.

He is already very active trying to funnel tax payers money into his business, regardless of the legal exposure that means down the road, so i´d be surprised if there is much meat on the bone of his conglomerate as it is already.

Where's your proof?

slider

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:17 pm

Airstud wrote:
EstherLouise wrote:

The left is still violent...open and very public assaults on Trump supporters, threats of violence, calls for assassination on Twitter by celebrities.

If anything, the premise by the OP is 180 degrees out of phase...

tommy1808

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:28 pm

slider wrote:
Airstud wrote:
EstherLouise wrote:

The left is still violent...open and very public assaults on Trump supporters, threats of violence, calls for assassination on Twitter by celebrities.

another guy making that claim, failing to substantiate it in any way, shape or form..... i am beginning to feel its made up.

Best regards
Thomas

Pyrex

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:29 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

Steve Scalise says what?

Last time Trump won, the left (1) engaged the intelligence community to try to overthrow a duly elected government in a coup d'etat (a first in U.S. history), (2) tried to obtain a majority on Capitol Hill by shooting up a practice of the Republican Congressional baseball team, and when that didn't work (3) attempted to assassinate a Republican Senator from Kentucky. Not to mention the general advocation of violence against people who think differently, vicious character assassinations like Kavanaugh and by extension every single person that happened to go to the same school as him, attempts against government officials, such as border patrol workers, etc.

One can only imagine if he wins this time around what sort of violence they will commit. They are actively praying for a recession, no matter the human toll of it, just to stop that from happening, do you really think they will care to take measured actions if that doesn't succeed?
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

tommy1808

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Steve Scalise says what?

Last time Trump won, the left (1) engaged the intelligence community to try to overthrow a duly elected government in a coup d'etat (a first in U.S. history),

and your evidence is? Indictments? Anything.....

Seems that claim was supposed to be used against Andrew McCabe, and it would appear the grand Jury told the DoJ to take a hike and never bring up that topic again because it was so baseless...

(2) tried to obtain a majority on Capitol Hill by shooting up a practice of the Republican Congressional baseball team, and when that didn't work (3) attempted to assassinate a Republican Senator from Kentucky. Not to mention the general advocation of violence against people who think differently, vicious character assassinations like Kavanaugh and by extension every single person that happened to go to the same school as him, attempts against government officials, such as border patrol workers, etc.

So you have no statistically relevant data to support your claim while we know for a fact that most domestic violence comes from the right: https://www.salon.com/2019/07/24/fbi--t ... -violence/

best regards
Thomas

DL717

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:44 pm

EstherLouise wrote:

No, but I’m certain their will be if he wins. The left is unhinged.

The left should maybe do something while they have the house other than be a bunch of complainers. Dump this whole attempted coup business and move on. Hell, even Nancy is done with the crap going on in her party right now. That says a ton.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

stratosphere

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:50 pm

DL717 wrote:
EstherLouise wrote:

The left should maybe do something while they have the house other than be a bunch of complainers. Dump this whole attempted coup business and move on. Hell, even Nancy is done with the crap going on in her party right now. That says a ton.

Exactly. The current cast of clowns that are running on the Democratic platform in no way shape or form gonna beat Trump and this is from someone who is really tired of all of Trumps BS. Do the Democrats really want to lose? It really seems like they want to. They most certainly haven't learned any lessons from the last loss.

FatCat

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:05 pm

I had a notification of a quote by user Tommy1808 but cannot find it. Maybe it has been deleted.
I just want to say that I'm not pro or against Trump - he not being my President -
He will not lose simply because the Democrats have only weak candidates. Come on - Mrs. Clinton against Trump? It's like betting on the nerd guy on a school bully fist fight.
Also, my thought - any population get the politicians they deserve. As the majority of the "western civilized World" is in Democracy, the People speaks and chooses. So if the People has choosen Trump, he represents your Country, the US population. That's valid for every Country in the World.
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

cranberrysaus

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:16 pm

The report found that 92 out of 263 incidents of domestic terrorism between 2010 and the end of 2017 were committed by right-wing attackers, constituting a third of all incidents. Meanwhile, Islamist terrorists committed 38 attacks while left-wing attackers were responsible for 34 incidents.

I'm noticing a trend here

DL717

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:34 pm

stratosphere wrote:
DL717 wrote:
EstherLouise wrote:

Exactly. The current cast of clowns that are running on the Democratic platform in no way shape or form gonna beat Trump and this is from someone who is really tired of all of Trumps BS. Do the Democrats really want to lose? It really seems like they want to. They most certainly haven't learned any lessons from the last loss.

Reminds me of when McCain chose Palin. The first time she spoke I was instantly taken back to High school where that really hot cheerleader with the squeaky annoying voice was that everyone wanted to date provided she didn’t speak. One of the biggest WTF moments in my life. It almost bettered tank man, which is still the greatest WTF moment in Presidential election history.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

NoTime

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
There will be small pockets of violence, either way, wherever people are the most immature.

Agree 100%.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Steve Scalise says what?

Last time Trump won, the left (1) engaged the intelligence community to try to overthrow a duly elected government in a coup d'etat (a first in U.S. history), (2) tried to obtain a majority on Capitol Hill by shooting up a practice of the Republican Congressional baseball team, and when that didn't work (3) attempted to assassinate a Republican Senator from Kentucky. Not to mention the general advocation of violence against people who think differently, vicious character assassinations like Kavanaugh and by extension every single person that happened to go to the same school as him, attempts against government officials, such as border patrol workers, etc.

One can only imagine if he wins this time around what sort of violence they will commit. They are actively praying for a recession, no matter the human toll of it, just to stop that from happening, do you really think they will care to take measured actions if that doesn't succeed?

Not my quote dude - take a mulligan.

apodino

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:34 pm

Before I answer the question, I am going to put the Trump voters into two categories.

1. People who love Trump, attend his rallies, and will support him no matter what. (I suspect this is actually a minority of Trump voters)
2. People who may not be crazy about trump, but fear a Democratic president even more. (I suspect these are the same voters who voted the Moderate democrats in during the midterms)

I fall in the latter camp even though I will not vote for Trump no matter what.

That being said, any violence about Trump losing will come from the former. And despite the crowds he gets, I suspect those people are a lot fewer in numbers than we believe.

Now if Trump is reelected, while I don't expect people on the Left to be violent, there will be a lot of anger and sadness and pouting just as there was four years ago.

MaverickM11

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:21 pm

Airstud wrote:
EstherLouise wrote:

How many synagogues, mosques, immigrants, people-they-think-are-immigrants, and god knows what else have Trump supporters shot up?

slider wrote:
Airstud wrote:
EstherLouise wrote:

Not supported by any facts or reality. Y'all are behind 80% of the extremist murders, more than the left and islamists and everything else combined, but we all know how you feel about facts

DL717 wrote:
Reminds me of when McCain chose Palin. The first time she spoke I was instantly taken back to High school where that really hot cheerleader with the squeaky annoying voice was that everyone wanted to date provided she didn’t speak. One of the biggest WTF moments in my life. It almost bettered tank man, which is still the greatest WTF moment in Presidential election history.

That was the nanosecond I left the republican party and never looked back
E pur si muove -Galileo

BravoOne

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Trump is likely to win because the left has nothing to offer. There will be all sorts of bombastic threats from the usual suspects and life will go on. It;s the new norm thanks to social media and a jaded press. No war, and little violence.

jdstJD

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:40 pm

You all are making me sad. How is it possible that we are this far apart on a consensus on what type of person we should have as our President? You all on the right don’t agree with anything people on the left take issue with regarding trump? You all on the left don’t see anything wrong with what those on the right find problematic regarding the plans democrats want to put in place if they win next year?
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

MaverickM11

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:49 pm

jdstJD wrote:
You all are making me sad. How is it possible that we are this far apart on a consensus on what type of person we should have as our President? You all on the right don’t agree with anything people on the left take issue with regarding trump? You all on the left don’t see anything wrong with what those on the right find problematic regarding the plans democrats want to put in place if they win next year?

Republicans don't even agree with themselves pre-Trump. How do you even begin to have a conversation with someone whose views evolve by the day with Trump's senile mad-cow-disease addled sole working synapse?
E pur si muove -Galileo

TSS

Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:14 pm

jdstJD wrote:

I think you've hit the nail on the head- Both sides have adopted a tribal mentality where everything is strictly "Us Versus Them" with no room for compromise, and any deviation from accepted and ever more extreme dogma on either side will result in lots of hyperbolic name-calling and accusations of being a member of the enemy camp by one's own peers... or so it appears. The reality is that the vast majority of voters are moderates or centrists who don't fully support the platform of either side, but who also don't feel like getting into a shouting match they can never win if they dare open their mouths to criticize this or that individual policy of either side. These are the people who will decide the next election, and whichever party can field a candidate who will appeal to, or at least not actively alienate, them will win.

Democrats, the ball is in your court: Nominate a candidate who appeals to the middle and you'll win, nominate a candidate who panders to the far left extremists and you'll lose, and you'll have no-one to blame but yourselves. The choice is yours.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

windy95

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:16 pm

When Trump wins the left will continue with the hate filled, race-baiting violence they have perpetrated on this country for the last 3 years. If you cant win then beat them into submission.

BN747

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:18 pm

Exhibit A -
alfa164 wrote:

For our uninformed right wing friends:

"FBI Director Christopher Wray said Tuesday that the agency has made about 100 domestic terrorism-related arrests since October, and the majority were tied to white supremacy."

100 domestic terrorism-related arrests since October...

versus...

Exhibit B -
slider wrote:

...and only conservative Brain can conclude that Exhibit B - is far worst than Exhibit A -, my guess is sympathy and empathy rings high with fans and supporters of Exhibit A - bunch.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

SanDiegoLover

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:33 pm

TSS wrote:
jdstJD wrote:

I think you've hit the nail on the head- Both sides have adopted a tribal mentality where everything is strictly "Us Versus Them" with no room for compromise, and any deviation from accepted and ever more extreme dogma on either side will result in lots of hyperbolic name-calling and accusations of being a member of the enemy camp by one's own peers... or so it appears. The reality is that the vast majority of voters are moderates or centrists who don't fully support the platform of either side, but who also don't feel like getting into a shouting match they can never win if they dare open their mouths to criticize this or that individual policy of either side. These are the people who will decide the next election, and whichever party can field a candidate who will appeal to, or at least not actively alienate, them will win.

Democrats, the ball is in your court: Nominate a candidate who appeals to the middle and you'll win, nominate a candidate who panders to the far left extremists and you'll lose, and you'll have no-one to blame but yourselves. The choice is yours.

Absolutely false. The left has tried that before, and lost big by nominating a centrist in both Hillary Clinton and John Kerry. The Democrats need to rouse their base and run someone who excites the base to turn out and vote. When turnout is high Democrats win up and down the ticket.