apodino
Topic Author

Justin Trudeau Blackface Scandal

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:43 pm

So North of the border, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau now has some issues. Numerous photos have surfaced over the past few days showing him wearing Blackface, Brownface, or whatever. The Liberal Party confirms its him and he has apologized. Remember there is a general election in Canada later this year and Trudeau's Liberal party was already fighting to stay in power. Who knows what this will do to his reputation. HuffPost, which has long been a supporter and ally of Trudeau, has now turned on him and has run this story as its front page headline.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/justin-trudeau-blackface-video-photo_n_5d83856de4b0849d4724d2af

Discuss.

P1aneMad

Re: Justin Trudeau Blackface Scandal

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Isn't Trudeau something akin to a demigod for leftists the world over? Is that the reason there is no outrage over here although Time magazine uncovered this yesterday?
BTW those are the "scandalous" photos:

And:

MaverickM11

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:18 pm

P1aneMad wrote:
Isn't Trudeau something akin to a demigod for leftists the world over? Is that the reason there is no outrage over here although Time magazine uncovered this yesterday?
BTW those are the "scandalous" photos:

Perhaps. *Or* it could be that he pushes civil rights forward, instead of blocking and reversing it at every opportunity like the right does.
E pur si muove -Galileo

L410Turbolet

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:36 pm

According to The Guardian this is "breaking news"... :roll: They will probably dig up on him how many times he ordered Chinese takeaway.
Anyway, love to see lefties being served their own medicine.

seb146

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:41 pm

He did exactly what we all did when we were young: something stupid. And, like many of us, he grew out of it. That is one difference between "liberals" and "righties". We acknowledge other people exist, that other people have feelings and that other people are valid human beings. By owning up to our past mistakes and showing that we have grown and changed.

If this is all that righteis have on him while they still praise sexual predators, maybe it is not "liberals" who need to change.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

einsteinboricua

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:51 pm

I'm screwed if I ever run for office as they'll likely dig up pictures of me dressed as an Arab sheikh (so clearly I'm mocking the Arab race...)

Just as I said with Gov. Northam and Gov. Ivey, the context matters and so does the time. Trying to judge people with today's standards is pretty uneven. We welcome people when they make a public spectacle about how their views have evolved, yet action matters too. Do Govs Northam and Ivey promote the derision of Blacks? Does Trudeau? Are we gonna ban Disney and Looney Toons cartoons that used to show Blackface?

Are mimes and clowns going to be banned for being "white face"?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Pyrex

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 pm

This is not as offensive as the ridiculous way he dressed in his trip to India, as the freaking Prime Minister of Canada, but you made the rules, you live by it... Time to fall on your sword and go. If Megyn Kelly must go, so must this moron.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

OA412

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 pm

The majority of the posts in this thread have been deleted because people can't debate in a civil manner. Terms like the "loony left" are nothing but flamebait meant to provoke. If you can't post in a civil manner, move on to a different thread.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

MaverickM11

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Pyrex wrote:
This is not as offensive as the ridiculous way he dressed in his trip to India, as the freaking Prime Minister of Canada, but you made the rules, you live by it... Time to fall on your sword and go. If Megyn Kelly must go, so must this moron.

What election did Megyn win?
E pur si muove -Galileo

alfa164

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:18 pm

apodino wrote:
So North of the border, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau now has some issues. Numerous photos have surfaced over the past few days showing him wearing Blackface, Brownface, or whatever. The Liberal Party confirms its him and he has apologized. Remember there is a general election in Canada later this year and Trudeau's Liberal party was already fighting to stay in power. Who knows what this will do to his reputation. HuffPost, which has long been a supporter and ally of Trudeau, has now turned on him and has run this story as its front page headline.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/justin-trudeau-blackface-video-photo_n_5d83856de4b0849d4724d2af

I am wondering what the standards are - and if they are different (or, more correctly, were different, or should be different) - depending on the intent and the surroundings of the incident.

There is no doubt that wearing blackface and appearing in a pseudo minstrel show, or participating in a mock slave auction, could be considered offensive; however, darkening one's skin to appear in proper attire at an "Arabian Nights" party seems to be to be a different matter. Where is the line? Halloween costumes where a white child might want to appear as Michael Jackson (or Michael Jordan, for that matter)? Plays or movies in which an actor dons the skin tone of the their character (and this works both ways: should a black actor play Hamilton? I don't see why not).

I think back to one of my favorite movies, Lawrence of Arabia, and wonder how many actors had to modify their skin color to play their roles. And how different is that from "dressing up" for an Arabian Nights party?
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

BN747

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:29 pm

Boy, when your past comes back and delivers a swift kick in the ass...

,,,oh well, Justin, you almost got away with no one finding out.

The shine on your rising star just dimmed...a lot.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

AirPacific747

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:41 pm

This story sums up everything that is wrong in Western culture. Who the f... cares what he did at a party a loooong time ago??

seb146

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:48 pm

AirPacific747 wrote:
This story sums up everything that is wrong in Western culture. Who the f... cares what he did at a party a loooong time ago??

This is the problem:

"Liberals" must pay for any and all perceived crimes, no matter how small, no matter when they happened. "Conservatives" must get a pass because who cares, it was so long ago.

"Conservatives" demand everyone take personal responsibility, as long as it is not one of their own. "Liberals" take personal responsibility and are demonized for it.

This matters to someone somewhere. It was more than likely a conservative who published these pictures. Instead of endless denials, Trudeau owned up to what he did. He also has shown he is an advocate for minorities and Indigenous people.

TTailedTiger

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:52 pm

seb146 wrote:
He did exactly what we all did when we were young: something stupid. And, like many of us, he grew out of it. That is one difference between "liberals" and "righties". We acknowledge other people exist, that other people have feelings and that other people are valid human beings. By owning up to our past mistakes and showing that we have grown and changed.

If this is all that righteis have on him while they still praise sexual predators, maybe it is not "liberals" who need to change.

Funny how an apology from a republican is never good enough for the left....

AirPacific747

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:53 pm

seb146 wrote:
AirPacific747 wrote:

This is the problem:

"Liberals" must pay for any and all perceived crimes, no matter how small, no matter when they happened. "Conservatives" must get a pass because who cares, it was so long ago.

"Conservatives" demand everyone take personal responsibility, as long as it is not one of their own. "Liberals" take personal responsibility and are demonized for it.

This matters to someone somewhere. It was more than likely a conservative who published these pictures. Instead of endless denials, Trudeau owned up to what he did. He also has shown he is an advocate for minorities and Indigenous people.

IMO Trudeau shouldn’t have apologized. You can’t do anything anymore without offending somebody.

seb146

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:56 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Start a thread about it. This is about Trudeau owning up to his past instead of months of stonewalling and lying and deflecting. Instead of the usual "that wasn't me" and "I don't recall" and "photoshop" he actually owned up to it right off.

I could very easily list the Republicans who denied, denied, denied, denied starting with Nixon. But, this is about Trudeau. Being honest. Taking personal responsibility. And how conservatives are now shaming him for being responsible.

Braybuddy

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Why would darkening your face for a fancy dress party be considered offensive? If he had dressed as a woman that would -- by the same metric -- also be offensive, yet men do it all the time and there is no problem, even in this age of extreme political correctness. :scratchchin:

He was a fool to apologise. I think people would have understood if he had just said "Hey, this was a fancy dress party, and I wanted to dress up as an Arabian Prince. Why would that be offensive?", and had more respect for him.

OA412

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:01 pm

AirPacific747 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
AirPacific747 wrote:

This is the problem:

IMO Trudeau shouldn’t have apologized. You can’t do anything anymore without offending somebody.

Because even though it happened a long time ago, it still speaks to his character. The majority of us were able to get through life without dressing up in blackface. In the US (and I assume in Canada), blackface was a product of the vile racism that served to caricature racist stereotypes of Black people. It was and is dehumanizing. He did this at a time when blackface was very well understood to be deeply racist. It was and is dehumanizing. Black people have been, and still are, treated poorly in the US (to say the least). It goes far beyond just offending them at this point.

einsteinboricua

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:06 pm

seb146 wrote:
Start a thread about it. This is about Trudeau owning up to his past instead of months of stonewalling and lying and deflecting. Instead of the usual "that wasn't me" and "I don't recall" and "photoshop" he actually owned up to it right off.

He owned up to doing something that it's clear to see was not derogatory, at least not in the context. If he had espoused anti-Arab sentiment, then definitely. But people these days make big deals out of nothing. Let his record speak for himself.

We applaud when people make showy spectacles of having changed mentality (anti LGBT to being pro-LGBT as an example). Has Trudeau ever been racist? Anti-Arab?

seb146 wrote:
And how conservatives are now shaming him for being responsible.

I think it's conservatives (and folks like myself) that are tired of stuff being dug up from the past and make bigger deals than they are. I don't think any suggest that blackface is wrong, but context also has to be looked at.

As I said in a since-deleted post: are mimes and clowns next on the chopping block because they're whitefaced and white people may be offended? Are we gonna ban Disney and Looney Tunes cartoons because they used to depict blackface characters?

AirPacific747

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:06 pm

OA412 wrote:
AirPacific747 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

This is the problem:

Because even though it happened a long time ago, it still speaks to his character. The majority of us were able to get through life without dressing up in blackface. In the US (and I assume in Canada), blackface was a product of the vile racism that served to caricature racist stereotypes of Black people. It was and is dehumanizing. He did this at a time when blackface was very well understood to be deeply racist. It was and is dehumanizing. Black people have been, and still are, treated poorly in the US (to say the least). It goes far beyond just offending them at this point.

If black people like to paint their faces white to make fun of white people or otherwise make fun of caucasians, I personally wouldn’t be offended the slightest.

Have you ever looked at caricatures? And how would comedians ever make jokes without offending anyone?

BN747

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:08 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
seb146 wrote:

You must be clueless as to who the late Sen. Robert Byrd was...

..an ex-KKK member, who apologized for his past racist acts & KKK 'tude, Dems accepted it. And even after his death..who NEVER let it go and kept riding him?

Your team...I guess you guys hated him for burning his sheets.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

VSMUT

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:11 pm

OA412 wrote:
The majority of us were able to get through life without dressing up in blackface.

Wait, you guys never did this? Ever?

OA412

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:15 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
As I said in a since-deleted post: are mimes and clowns next on the chopping block because they're whitefaced and white people may be offended? Are we gonna ban Disney and Looney Tunes cartoons because they used to depict blackface characters?

In the US there's no such thing as institutionalized racism against white people, so any white person complaining that clowns and mimes are offensive is just full of it and trying to create an issue out of thin air. Conversely, institutionalized racism against Black people in particular is very, very well documented. It's really a false analogy.

As far as Disney and Looney Tunes, the companies that own those cartoons have long since removed from rotation the cartoons with the most egregious examples of racist depictions of Black people. They're a product of their time, so most of the cartoons that are out there include questionable elements, and people watch them understanding this. I've not heard anyone advocate for a wholesale ban of these cartoons because, on the whole, they are national treasures in spite of some pretty overt racist elements. But again, the worst of the worst have long since been yanked from regular rotation.

MaverickM11

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:32 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
seb146 wrote:

When was the last time a republican apologized for their actions?
E pur si muove -Galileo

einsteinboricua

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:49 pm

OA412 wrote:
In the US there's no such thing as institutionalized racism against white people, so any white person complaining that clowns and mimes are offensive is just full of it and trying to create an issue out of thin air.

And I wouldn't be surprised if that ever gets high enough to actually become an issue because feelings are hurt and we can't have that. Look no further than the thread I opened on the use of Latinx where a non-Latino is offended that they're using "Latino/Latina" instead of Latinx.

OA412 wrote:
Conversely, institutionalized racism against Black people in particular is very, very well documented. It's really a false analogy.

Fair enough, and I'm not arguing against that. What I am arguing is that an event in someone's past shouldn't be deemed a huge deal in what has otherwise been a mostly positive life of public service, that context matters, and that it's a different story if the person seeks to deflect and avoid responsibility, or still harbors behavior/beliefs where that event is merely a reflection of who they really are.

TTailedTiger

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:07 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Mitt Romney apologized for his 47% comment but the left never let it go.

einsteinboricua

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:09 pm

OA412 wrote:
As far as Disney and Looney Tunes, the companies that own those cartoons have long since removed from rotation the cartoons with the most egregious examples of racist depictions of Black people. They're a product of their time, so most of the cartoons that are out there include questionable elements, and people watch them understanding this. I've not heard anyone advocate for a wholesale ban of these cartoons because, on the whole, they are national treasures in spite of some pretty overt racist elements. But again, the worst of the worst have long since been yanked from regular rotation.

But the cartoons can still be found, and the mere action of having been produced under their label is enough. Hence the double standard: a politician who did blackface once is shamed forever, no matter what their actions have been since that event back in the early 20s; Disney and Looney Tunes, however, not a peep.

You mention that they're a product of their time...well, you're bringing in the context of time. I remember as a kid in the late 90s watching Disney's Ink and Paint Club early in the morning, and that would show old cartoons, including a few with blackface (the most famous is Mother Goose goes Hollywood). In the 90s, it doesn't seem like people saw it as a big deal. Heck, in the 80s it doesn't seem like it was either. If blackface were as offensive as it is now, it's likely that a lot of politicians today wouldn't be in office. So why are we using (20)10s society norms to judge someone based on what they did in the 80s in a single event?

If Northam and Ivey, for example, always dressed up as blackface and promoted racism, yes...kick them out. But dear lord: for that one time, we also yell "off with their heads"? Trudeau painted himself black for an Arabic costume..."he's racist! Off with his head!", never mind being the head of a government that has promoted civil rights at home and abroad.

seb146

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:17 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Because his actions did not match his words. Trudeau's actions match his apology.

einsteinboricua

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:18 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:

Context matters. Deriding the 47% behind closed doors at a private fundraiser with wealthy donors? That's not good optics. And it's likely the apology came off as "I'm sorry I got caught" as opposed to "I am genuinely sorry for the poor choice of words", considering he said something that was generally accurate (that a large portion of Americans don't owe taxes whether because of very low income or credits/deductions).

But dismissing them because (and I quote):
These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect. So he’ll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that’s what they sell every four years. And so my job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

Wrong message by the wrong messenger.

TTailedTiger

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:38 pm

seb146 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Because his actions did not match his words. Trudeau's actions match his apology.

Suit yourself. I have yet to find a politician with even a hint of sincerity. Mr Trudeau is a spoiled brat, not unlike many other high level politicians.

mham001

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:58 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
You mention that they're a product of their time...well, you're bringing in the context of time. I remember as a kid in the late 90s watching Disney's Ink and Paint Club early in the morning, and that would show old cartoons, including a few with blackface (the most famous is Mother Goose goes Hollywood). In the 90s, it doesn't seem like people saw it as a big deal. Heck, in the 80s it doesn't seem like it was either. If blackface were as offensive as it is now, it's likely that a lot of politicians today wouldn't be in office. So why are we using (20)10s society norms to judge someone based on what they did in the 80s in a single event?.

I grew up in the 60's and 70's in black SE Seattle. I never knew blackface was apparently so offensive until a some years ago when it was being carted out against evil righties. Few people alive today were ever "humiliated" by the caricature and I don't how they can say that about Trudeau's brownface either, was there rampant "institutionalized discrimination" against Arabs in Canada during the '90's? NO. Just another reason for people to jump in the Offended bandwagon. If anything, bringing it up now just exacerbates the issue. Crap, liberal Ted Danson got nailed for it and he was MARRIED to a black woman. People have no sense. Context matters.

TTailedTiger wrote:
Suit yourself. I have yet to find a politician with even a hint of sincerity. Mr Trudeau is a spoiled brat, not unlike many other high level politicians.

There is that. What goes around comes around.

alfa164

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:02 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:

"The left"? The left! Who on the left? Do you have any facts - any evidence - to back that up? Or are you just spewing forth... for the sake of spewing forth...?

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

NIKV69

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:11 pm

seb146 wrote:
He did exactly what we all did when we were young: something stupid. And, like many of us, he grew out of it.

So you are going to tell us that a person who you align yourself with politically painted blackface on and grew out of it and all is ok, yet if a conservative does it they are a raging racist without meeting either party or having any knowledge of the individual whatsoever.

Yep I will exit this thread. :white:
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

DIRECTFLT

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:12 pm

The issue about Trudeau's sexist placement of his hand and pinky, over his female co-workers neck and cleavage is getting no traction from the MSM. I guess racism trumps sexism. Where's the #MeToo Movement??
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

MaverickM11

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:13 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

I thought you were going to bring up something consequential. I don't think anyone cares about that frankly, or Romney at this point. And if they did, the quote is still very much representative of how republicans view the have-nots.

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
He did exactly what we all did when we were young: something stupid. And, like many of us, he grew out of it.

So you are going to tell us that a person who you align yourself with politically painted blackface on and grew out of it and all is ok, yet if a conservative does it they are a raging racist without meeting either party or having any knowledge of the individual whatsoever.

Yep I will exit this thread. :white:

Yeah there's a difference when an idiot does it, and an idiot trying to make the confederacy great again does it. It's why the LGBT community can support democrats who have 'evolved' on LGBT rights, versus republicans who have gone into reverse and punched the gas.
E pur si muove -Galileo

DIRECTFLT

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:21 pm

Here's Trudeau's response to the blackface (with knees) video that surfaced today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC65MGWbv6M

Some French speaking because it's Canada.

He answers the question put to him: "How can you not remember all the times you put on blackface?"
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Vio

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 pm

This is disgusting on so many levels. After his "out of this world politically correct" persona, this comes out? It's unbelievable. He can kiss his political career goodbye. A despicable human being that fooled a lot of people into thinking he's a champion for the common folk and diversity. In reality, he's a wealthy and privileged son of a politician, which rose to power through nepotism and riding on his father's "legacy" (Not that Trudeau Sr. was much better). He and his Liberal party are out of touch with the issues that affect the majority of Canadians. I personally will be very happy to see this individual removed from any public office.
Superior decisions reduce the need for superior skills.

BravoOne

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:35 pm

No big deal. End of story.

Airstud

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:08 am

AirPacific747 wrote:

An electorate the size of Canada.
Pancakes are delicious.

Vio

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:00 am

Airstud wrote:
AirPacific747 wrote:

An electorate the size of Canada.

Absolutely.

People would care (a little) less if Trudeau and his party, that drums the beat of "ultra political correctness" and "absurd sensitivity to everything and anyone", actually practiced what they preached. To quote a CBC article:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/trudeau ... -1.5290066

It is almost too obvious now to point out the rank hypocrisy of the Trudeau brand: one that has zero tolerance for inappropriate touching, except for his own; one that preaches respect for Indigenous Canadians, except when you can get a cheap laugh at a Liberal fundraiser.

One that claims to run government differently, but uses the same old tactics to get its way; one that lectures about standing up to oppression, except oppression in certain ridings.

One that insists it is working in the interests of the average Canadian, but tries to curry favour with the above-average Canadian in private. One that renounces the politics of fear and division, except when the politics of fear and division can be politically advantageous.

And one that has spent its entire political existence proselytizing about tolerance, inclusivity, sensitivity and acceptance, all the while knowing — and hiding — a past that includes multiple instances of dressing up in blackface.

. To have the leader of the Liberal Party and the PM of Canada dressing up in blackface is inconceivable in today's world. It's no worse than Prince Harry dressing up as a Nazi.
Superior decisions reduce the need for superior skills.

NIKV69

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:11 am

seb146 wrote:

LOL again no substance to back up a partisan claim. Care to post examples to prove your argument?
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

ltbewr

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:23 am

While the 'blackface' episodes of Mr. Trudeau may not mean he is a hard core racist and may not have been intended to be an open expression of racist views, it does show a subtle and questionable form perhaps from not living around significant numbers of Black persons, an insensitivity that is not good in a person in political office. It deeply offends a small but significant population of the country. Yes, he has apologized, but damage has been done that can't be undone.

While Canada didn't have the institution of enslavement of African persons like the USA did (the limited amount that existed was gone by 1833 when part of the UK), racism has long existed and continues to this day. Today the Black-African population of Canada is about 3.5%, much less than East or South Asians and even First Nations there.

One has to wonder who sourced these photos, if a person in their past who they angered, someone needing some cash so sold their story and pictures, some digging by political opponents. With the internet, social media, a much greater willingness for offended persons to speak out about racism or other offensive behaviors and opinions, ones dumb past acts like as to Mr. Trudeau can come back to haunt them. Sadly too, expressing racist and like views to other groups of persons may even get some politicians elected.

We need to figure out how to balance poor decisions of the past with how they should be used for personal, financial or politcal gains as well if reflect the person today.

ThePointblank

Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:14 am

seb146 wrote:

He was 29 at the time of the yearbook photo, and it happened 18 years ago. Blackface wasn't acceptable then, and it isn't acceptable now.

The problem isn't that this apparently isn't an isolated incident, which probably can be written off, but part of a series of incidents all stemming from his adulthood when he clearly should have known better. And scuttlebutt is saying that the Liberals are fearing that there may be even more incidents as well. When you add up the disastrous India trip, to me sounds like a pattern of poor judgment on his part, and that will make many voters concerned.

seb146

Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:52 am

ThePointblank wrote:
seb146 wrote:

He was 29 at the time of the yearbook photo, and it happened 18 years ago. Blackface wasn't acceptable then, and it isn't acceptable now.

The problem isn't that this apparently isn't an isolated incident, which probably can be written off, but part of a series of incidents all stemming from his adulthood when he clearly should have known better. And scuttlebutt is saying that the Liberals are fearing that there may be even more incidents as well. When you add up the disastrous India trip, to me sounds like a pattern of poor judgment on his part, and that will make many voters concerned.

And how has he treated the native peoples of Canada since his time in office? Indians? Blacks? Any disrespectful language or treatment?

DIRECTFLT

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:19 am

AirPacific747 wrote:

Tell that to the American MSM that hang their hat on everything that DJT did before he became President, and long before he became President. You see the two sets of Standards going around. One for the Holier Than Thou Righteous Liberals, and another for DJT. Liberals always find a way to rationalize their hypocrisy.

DL717

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:54 am

Fair question: Is this really a racial thing in Canada? I can count the number of Canadians I know on one hand so I don’t have enough context. It’s a no brainer in the US, but are we projecting here?
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

afcjets

Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:32 am

Tucker opened his show tonight with this and does a great job explaining the double standard when it comes to this. He says "the virtue always covers the sin." You can watch the opening segment here at the beginning of the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=umIgmmIYXEQ

SpaceshipDC10

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:30 am

In that situation, the only scandal one can find is in the minds of those ready to use just about anything without discernment only to ridicule the other in a lousy attempt to win. It's not blackface, just a young man dressing up in either fictional or real people for a ball or party. Nothing else. But because it happens in the politic field it's blown out of proportions. BTW I totally agree with what Dany Laferrière said about it (it's in French):

https://twitter.com/AMarieDussault/stat ... 0080940032

Dutchy

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 am

apodino wrote:

Discuss.

What is there to discuss? It is stupid, he should not have done it and it is a distraction created by his opponents to win the election. So talk about the merits of his term in office if you want to discuss the elections.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Olddog

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:35 am

I bet he lost more votes with the fake french song ......
When UK was in it wanted a lot of opt-outs, now it is out it wants opt-ins