LittleSprocket

Re: Colt ending production of the AR-15

Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:50 am

seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Gun nuts and NRA do not want it called "assault weapon" but some states do list it as an assault weapon. It was originally developed for war. That is the practical use: ending human life. It is not for hunting game to get a family through the winter. It is a weapon of war. That is why this assault rifle was developed.

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/28/58886182 ... -the-ar-15

The AR15 has always been a civilian rifle. Never developed for war. Try again.

From the article I posted:

ArmaLite first developed the AR-15 in the late 1950s as a military rifle, but had limited success in selling it. In 1959 the company sold the design to Colt.

In 1963, the U.S. military selected Colt to manufacture the automatic rifle that soon became standard issue for U.S. troops in the Vietnam War. It was known as the M-16.

Nope. Not a weapon of war. Never developed for the military. Only always civilian. uh-huh

I get there are civilian rifles. That's fine. No one is talking about those. We are talking about a rifle developed for the United States military for war. Not for deer hunting or grouse hunting or scaring away coyotes. These are weapons of war. Used for killing humans.

Do you understand that the 2nd amendment is not about deer hunting but to keep a tyrannical government in check? I don’t care what it was designed for or whom...if it is the best self defense rifle out there I want it. An AR15 is great for fending off packs of wild dogs, coyotes, hogs, bobcats and other nuisance animals. It’s round is also designed for maiming more than killing which reduces casualties. If you were really serious about saving lives you would study the ammunition that is out there. A 5.56 round is just a souped up .22. Look at what can happen with anything greater that a .243.

LittleSprocket

Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:57 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Colt Firearms will be ending its production and sales of its AR-15 rifles due to lack of public demand amid excess market capacity.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/0 ... of-ar-15s/

I’m sure there’s probably more to it than just competition.

Of course the firearm has been vilified by the far left zealot machine so now any retailer with avoid it since they don't want to deal with unhinged far left psychos.

WRONG! As usual. It’s been demonized by nutjobs gunning down masses upon masses of people. It’s not for self defense nor home protection nor hunting animals. It’s been at the center of most all of the major massacres. It’s done a remarkable job of proving to the public what the typical AR15 gun owner is really like. The proof is there for all to see.

I wanted to point out that you are incorrect that it has been at the center of most major mass shootings. The predominate firearm used in mass shootings is the handgun. Want to know why? It is easy to conceal, fire in close quarters and reload on the fly. You wouldn’t know this though if you went off of what the Mainstream Media glorified.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476 ... ypes-used/

KFTG

Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:09 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
Do you understand that the 2nd amendment is not about deer hunting but to keep a tyrannical government in check?

Oh? Who are you going to murder (assassinate) first from that "tyranical government"? Policemen? Military servicemembers? Government officials?
How do you propose you are going to (violently) overthrow a government with nuclear weapons? How about one with guided missile destroyers?
Or perhaps you have a plan to overthrow your local police department? You know, the one stockpiled with military grade weaponry and equipment?

seb146

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:50 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

ArmaLite first developed the AR-15 in the late 1950s as a military rifle, but had limited success in selling it. In 1959 the company sold the design to Colt.

In 1963, the U.S. military selected Colt to manufacture the automatic rifle that soon became standard issue for U.S. troops in the Vietnam War. It was known as the M-16.

Nope. Not a weapon of war. Never developed for the military. Only always civilian. uh-huh

I get there are civilian rifles. That's fine. No one is talking about those. We are talking about a rifle developed for the United States military for war. Not for deer hunting or grouse hunting or scaring away coyotes. These are weapons of war. Used for killing humans.

Do you understand that the 2nd amendment is not about deer hunting but to keep a tyrannical government in check? I don’t care what it was designed for or whom...if it is the best self defense rifle out there I want it. An AR15 is great for fending off packs of wild dogs, coyotes, hogs, bobcats and other nuisance animals. It’s round is also designed for maiming more than killing which reduces casualties. If you were really serious about saving lives you would study the ammunition that is out there. A 5.56 round is just a souped up .22. Look at what can happen with anything greater that a .243.

The Second Amendment was written partly to appease slave states. As a whole, the United States needed a standing army, so "A well regulated militia" was needed. But, also, those militias could hunt down escaped slaves and take them back to their masters in the South.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-slave ... -amendment
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019 ... -amendment

If you want this to be about national security, why don't all you gun nuts and NRA supporters go invade Iran? Or go to Afghanistan to fight whoever we are fighting there?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

johns624

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Just a few (inconvenient) facts---The market is soft right now. Colt makes a higher quality product and there are many makers who make decent budget level guns that have saturated the market. Why spend $1000 for a Colt when you can get a Ruger or S&W for $600? The AR15 is the SEMI auto civilian gun. The M16 is the FULL auto military equivalent. The 5.56mm cartridge is relatively weak. Colt is suspending production of the civilian gun because they have enough military and police orders to keep them fully occupied. It has nothing to do with the gun being "evil". Anyone who can convert a semi auto to full auto is a trained machinist. It's not as easy as it sounds. Burst fire is a type of full auto, since you get more than one shot from each pull of the trigger. It is not possible from an AR15. The price of a legal full auto gun for civilians starts at around $20K and goes up from there.

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:39 pm

seb146 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The Second Amendment was written partly to appease slave states. As a whole, the United States needed a standing army, so "A well regulated militia" was needed. But, also, those militias could hunt down escaped slaves and take them back to their masters in the South.

If you want this to be about national security, why don't all you gun nuts and NRA supporters go invade Iran? Or go to Afghanistan to fight whoever we are fighting there?

Coming from those two left wing sites, thoroughly predictable opinions. If anyone uses Fox, NRA, or Commentary they get flooded with “just typical right wing faux news”; we’ll, back at you.

seb146

Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:30 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
seb146 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Coming from those two left wing sites, thoroughly predictable opinions. If anyone uses Fox, NRA, or Commentary they get flooded with “just typical right wing faux news”; we’ll, back at you.

So Fox or NRA or other right wing sites will not talk about the history of the Second Amendment. Good to know.

IIRC, it is Republicans who do not think the Constitution is a living document. Except for this one amendment.

WIederling

Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:49 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
Do you understand that the 2nd amendment is not about deer hunting but to keep a tyrannical government in check?

Quis custos custodiet?

What is preferable
A "a potentially tyrannic government"
or
B "a gunwielding minority tyrannically taking the larger society hostage all the time"
?

afaics there is more chance of A and B working hand in hand as tyrannic supressors.
Murphy is an optimist

seb146

Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:42 pm

WIederling wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Quis custos custodiet?

What is preferable
or
B "a gunwielding minority tyrannically taking the larger society hostage all the time"
?

afaics there is more chance of A and B working hand in hand as tyrannic supressors.

IIRC, Obama was a tyrant bent on shredding the Constitution and setting up a dictatorship. Where were the throngs of militia willing to overthrow him?

WIederling

Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:35 pm

seb146 wrote:
IIRC, Obama was a tyrant bent on shredding the Constitution and setting up a dictatorship. Where were the throngs of militia willing to overthrow him?

Obama a tyrant?
in the eye of the insane. maybe.
And those went into action. no holds barred.

a Madhouse.
Murphy is an optimist

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:19 pm

seb146 wrote:
WIederling wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Quis custos custodiet?

What is preferable
or
?

Who said that? The Constitution isn’t a “living” document EXCEPT when We, the People” use Article V to amend it. You want to change “right to keep and bear arms”, start a drive to amend it.

It’s your sites that have a political slant. I quite like the first draft.

.gf

seb146

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:42 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
seb146 wrote:
WIederling wrote:

Quis custos custodiet?

What is preferable
or
?

Who said that? The Constitution isn’t a “living” document EXCEPT when We, the People” use Article V to amend it. You want to change “right to keep and bear arms”, start a drive to amend it.

It’s your sites that have a political slant. I quite like the first draft.

.gf

This brings all the complaints of "why do we have to include LGBTQ people and women and minorities" from Republicans.

At the same time, since such powerful weapons of war were not even thought of in the 1700s, they should not be included in the Second Amendment.

There are ways we can keep current Amendments and, at the same time, update laws. Like classifying weapons of war as such and classifying LGBTQ and women and minorities as people.

Your sites have a political slant, as well. If you can post your political side, I can post mine. I have no problem with that. Except when one is used as "the only truth" and "absolute fact" and so on. Fox and NRA and Breitbart and AM radio are not news. They are opinion outlets. The United States does not have news, for the most part. They are all partisan outlets. Learn from the ones you hate. I have.

johns624

Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:18 pm

seb146 wrote:

At the same time, since such powerful weapons of war were not even thought of in the 1700s, they should not be included in the Second Amendment.
The AR15 is not a "powerful" weapon. In many states, it's not considered powerful enough to use for deer hunting. I suppose if you want to exclude them because "not even thought of in the 1700s", then I guess that the First Amendment wouldn't include any electronic media or mechanical printing presses, since they weren't thought of at that time, either.

seb146

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:09 am

johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The AR15 is not a "powerful" weapon. In many states, it's not considered powerful enough to use for deer hunting. I suppose if you want to exclude them because "not even thought of in the 1700s", then I guess that the First Amendment wouldn't include any electronic media or mechanical printing presses, since they weren't thought of at that time, either.

It was originally designed and built for warfare, not hunting. I posted links about the history of the AR15.

As far as First Amendment, we have a living document in the Constitution to include electronic media and printing presses. In fact, the word "press" is included in the First Amendment. "Assault Weapon" is not included in the Second Amendment. However, because of money from NRA, they are classified as "arms" instead of "weapons of war".

johns624

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:28 am

seb146 wrote:
It was originally designed and built for warfare, not hunting. I posted links about the history of the AR15.

As far as First Amendment, we have a living document in the Constitution to include electronic media and printing presses. In fact, the word "press" is included in the First Amendment. "Assault Weapon" is not included in the Second Amendment. However, because of money from NRA, they are classified as "arms" instead of "weapons of war".

Once again, you prove that you know nothing about firearms. The AR15 is semi automatic and was never adopted by the US armed forces, or any other that I am aware of. The descendant of it, the fully automatic M16 was. You are confusing the word "press" as the 1st Amendment is using it as news people, not the machine that prints newspapers. The civilians of the Revolutionary War era used the same weapons as the military did. That's where the "well regulated" came from. They had to have a weapon of a certain caliber and keep a certain number of musket balls, black powder and flints on hand. Just because you found a source that says the AR15 is an assault rifle doesn't make it one. Just like when the press writes articles about aviation, they get many facts wrong because they aren't experts in the field.
Of course, you've had a phobia about firearms for years. I remember the thread years ago when you claimed that you always saw many people down at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco carrying guns concealed. Stay with what you know...whatever that is.

WIederling

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:29 am

seb146 wrote:
This brings all the complaints of "why do we have to include LGBTQ people and women and minorities" from Republicans.

Observable from the outside:
US constitution mentions people and citizens.
It does not differentiate as to color, gender, sexual orientation, mental capabilities, ....

But the group covering ( large overlaps) Right Wingers, Fundi Christians, White Supremacy Racists ...
are very vocal in their position that this constitution is only for them
and others are excluded on their whim.

Pushback is that all those excluded are re-included by individually mentioning them.

IMU a tactical error as the exclusion was the error in understanding the constitution
and demanded reorientation courses for that driving group:
to whit: Right Wingers, Fundi Christians, White Supremacy Racists ...
Murphy is an optimist

ChrisKen

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:15 am

trpmb6 wrote:

Well that's horse poop, it was specifically designed for military use.

"In 1956, ArmaLite designed a lightweight selective fire rifle for military use and designated it the ArmaLite Rifle model 15, or AR-15"
https://www.armalite.com/history/
https://gundigest.com/reviews/the-ar-16 ... osed-to-be

There is zero reason for a civilian to posses such a weapon.

extender

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:49 am

ChrisKen wrote:

There are much more powerful civilian weapons out there.

So stop telling people what they can and cannot have.

johns624

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:22 am

ChrisKen wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

"In 1956, ArmaLite designed a lightweight selective fire rifle for military use and designated it the ArmaLite Rifle model 15, or AR-15"

Once again, the AR15 IS NOT a selective fire weapon. All civilian models are semi automatic only. Are you telling me that you think that AR15s sold to civilians are capable of full automatic fire?

ChrisKen

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:27 am

extender wrote:
ChrisKen wrote:

There are much more powerful civilian weapons out there.

So stop telling people what they can and cannot have.

Why did I say you couldn't have one? Where did I bleat on about other more powerful weapons?
All I said is there's no reason a civilian should hold such a weapon.
Wind your neck in, popeye.

ChrisKen

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:31 am

johns624 wrote:
ChrisKen wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Once again, the AR15 IS NOT a selective fire weapon. All civilian models are semi automatic only. Are you telling me that you think that AR15s sold to civilians are capable of full automatic fire?

I couldn't give a flying flamingo what it's become, what you think it's become or who is sold which variant.
The statement was 'the AR15 was always a civilian rifle, never developed for war', that statement was false. The AR-15 was designed as a lightweight selective fire rifle for MILITARY use.
It's not a difficult thing to grasp.
Last edited by ChrisKen on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

extender

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:37 am

ChrisKen wrote:
Why did I say you couldn't have one? Where did I bleat on about other more powerful weapons?

Well, there you go, unless you are a cop or in the military, then you don't get one, huh?

ChrisKen

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:41 am

extender wrote:
ChrisKen wrote:

Well, there you go, unless you are a cop or in the military, then you don't get one, huh?

You can try and put as many words into my mouth as you like, but the sentence is a simple one to understand. There's no reason a civilian should hold such a weapon. No more, no less.

extender

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:45 am

OK, that is your opinion. But civilians can legally own them, and will continue to own them.

Aesma

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:04 pm

In the US and probably no other country on the planet.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

extender

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm

You can ridicule it all you want, you can belittle it, try to shame people, but you have a good time trying.

ChrisKen

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:27 pm

Pretty straight forward suggestion, perfectly aligned with the constitutional ammendment that is so passionately and often misquoted by the stereotypical gun nut. If you want the rights, then you should also accept the responsibilities. The 2nd ammendment defines those.

If you don't want to be described as a sterotype, don't act in a manner which embodies it.

johns624

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:32 pm

ChrisKen wrote:
johns624 wrote:
ChrisKen wrote:

I couldn't give a flying flamingo what it's become, what you think it's become or who is sold which variant.
The statement was 'the AR15 was always a civilian rifle, never developed for war', that statement was false. The AR-15 was designed as a lightweight selective fire rifle for MILITARY use.
I guess that your reading comprehension isn't up to par. You don't seem to understand the meaning of "selective fire". Civilian ARs are to M16s as your family sedan is to a NASCAR racer.

ChrisKen

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:39 pm

johns624 wrote:
ChrisKen wrote:
johns624 wrote:

I guess that your reading comprehension isn't up to par. You don't seem to understand the meaning of "selective fire". Civilian ARs are to M16s as your family sedan is to a NASCAR racer.

Selctive fire is irrelevant to the argument. How it may or may not be sold today, or to who as whichever variant is irrelevant. To keep persisting with this irrelevant tangent is frankly pointless.

The AR-15 was not a civilian only weapon as claimed. It was designed as a military rifle at it's birth. This is fact. It is not difficult to understand.

extender

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:15 pm

ChrisKen wrote:
Pretty straight forward suggestion, perfectly aligned with the constitutional ammendment that is so passionately and often misquoted by the stereotypical gun nut. If you want the rights, then you should also accept the responsibilities. The 2nd ammendment defines those.

If you don't want to be described as a sterotype, don't act in a manner which embodies it.

For writing God bless America? Are you serious?

ChrisKen

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:48 pm

And the 'dont take my guns' knee jerk reactions demonstrated throughout the thread.
That's pretty much the only reason one can think of for losing your panties over my straight forward comment regarding civilians having no reason to hold such weapons.

The Murica flag, the Lord and my guns....if the cap fits....

I notice you still don't want the responsibilities that should come with your beloved second amendment rights.

extender

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:55 pm

You make some broad assumptions, like the rest of the left-leaners. You wouldn't know how I address any responsibilities, but keep at it.

ChrisKen

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:25 pm

You dont have any, that's the point. Whereas the 2nd amendment does actually come with them (but y'all conveniently forget that bit) and you all cry foul if anyone dares try to uphold them or god forbod inject some common sense into an outdated act. (It's an amendment, it can be amended or revoked)

I'm actually right leaning on the global political spectrum, Americans tend to forget their two party system is all skewed to the right by that metric.
But we're veering off topic. I get it, aint no one taking your guns. Enjoy, hopefully you and your family won't inevitably fall victim to the pitfalls of choice you've made.
Have a great day.

trpmb6

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:42 pm

I will concede that in technicality the original design was meant for military use. But the design of the AR15 as it is currently sold was never meant to be for military use. Just to clarify my post upthread.

casinterest

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:57 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
I will concede that in technicality the original design was meant for military use. But the design of the AR15 as it is currently sold was never meant to be for military use. Just to clarify my post upthread.

But Colt did see it for what it was and produced the M16 from it with some tweaks.
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:23 pm

extender wrote:
You make some broad assumptions, like the rest of the left-leaners. You wouldn't know how I address any responsibilities, but keep at it.

AR15 is the weapon of choice for domestic terrorists. We had fewer mass shootings when we had an assault weapons ban. Every time there is a mass shooting, the same people both on this board and IRL come out screaming "DON'T TAKE OUR GUNS!" and "WE CAN'T BAN GUNS!" before the bodies hit the floor.

Illness and death in a few short years have been linked to vape pods. We are now seeing limiting sales and even outright bans on vape pens and accessories. There is a problem, we know the cause, we do something about it.

extender

Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:41 pm

Same broken record.

This wasn't a problem before, now, all of a sudden we need to ban these things. You can't find emails, and you want to go confiscate/ban guns? Laughable.

seb146

Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:57 pm

extender wrote:
Same broken record.

This wasn't a problem before, now, all of a sudden we need to ban these things. You can't find emails, and you want to go confiscate/ban guns? Laughable.

There has been problems with guns. Kennedy was shot with a gun. Lincoln was shot with a gun. Ford and Reagan both shot with guns. I am not saying anything about banning guns. I have never ever said that. What I am saying is that there is a health problem with vaping so stores did something about it. There is a health problem with tobacco, so the government did something about it. There were problems with drunk driving deaths so the government did something about it. We are still free to purchase vaping products, tobacco, cars, and alcohol if we meet certain criteria. Some stores refuse to sell tobacco or vaping products or alcohol. But, as a whole, we are still given access to those things.

There is a problem with guns. We should do something about it instead of having children being scared to go to school and having Americans afraid to live their lives and having festivals cancelled or restricted. Maybe make laws and rules that cover 5% of the population so the other 95% can live in less fear?

Show me in any of that where I demand an outright ban on all guns?

MSPNWA

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:04 pm

ChrisKen wrote:
The AR-15 was not a civilian only weapon as claimed. It was designed as a military rifle at it's birth. This is fact. It is not difficult to understand.

It's only fact depending on which AR-15 you're talking about, and by your posts, it's the wrong one. You're conflating two fundamentally different AR-15s. It's misleading at best to say that today's AR-15 was designed for military use. The platform was, but the firearm itself was not. The current semi-auto AR-15 was never designed for military use. The original, select-fire AR-15 that was adopted as the M16 was developed from the same platform as today's AR-15s, but it's a fundamentally different firearm with select fire.

So why again should the current AR-15 not be in civilian hands?

trpmb6 wrote:

:checkmark: Accurate clarification.

seb146

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:04 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
ChrisKen wrote:

It's only fact depending on which AR-15 you're talking about, and by your posts, it's the wrong one. You're conflating two fundamentally different AR-15s. It's misleading at best to say that today's AR-15 was designed for military use. The platform was, but the firearm itself was not. The current semi-auto AR-15 was never designed for military use. The original, select-fire AR-15 that was adopted as the M16 was developed from the same platform as today's AR-15s, but it's a fundamentally different firearm with select fire.

So why again should the current AR-15 not be in civilian hands?

Besides all the people who have been murdered for simply going about their lives? The families that have been torn apart? Besides all lives matter?

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:37 pm

You do know murders using any rifle including the AR-15 pattern ones, are fewer than drownings? The true killers are handguns, but no one is banning them. But, hey, ignorance of firearms means “it looks scary, ban it”.

I’m not belittling those murdered with rifles, just saying if you want to tackle a problem, go for the bulk, not the margins.

GF

extender

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:33 pm

seb146 wrote:
Besides all the people who have been murdered for simply going about their lives? The families that have been torn apart? Besides all lives matter?

If that is your contention, traffic fatalities take much more lives. Harping on them?

johns624

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:18 am

seb146 wrote:

AR15 is the weapon of choice for domestic terrorists. We had fewer mass shootings when we had an assault weapons ban.
Sorry, we never really had an assault weapons ban. You could still buy the basic weapon, it just didn't have an "evil" flash hider or bayonet lug on it. That just shows the stupidity of the left, concentrating on cosmetic features that don't matter. Keep it up, we applaud you for it!

johns624

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:26 am

Here is something that will make heads explode--almost all bolt action hunting rifles are descended from the Mauser M98, which was designed for the military. I guess they all should be banned, also.

seb146

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:46 am

johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

AR15 is the weapon of choice for domestic terrorists. We had fewer mass shootings when we had an assault weapons ban.
Sorry, we never really had an assault weapons ban. You could still buy the basic weapon, it just didn't have an "evil" flash hider or bayonet lug on it. That just shows the stupidity of the left, concentrating on cosmetic features that don't matter. Keep it up, we applaud you for it!

So, there was a problem and it was solved. Thanks for proving my point. There were fewer mass shootings during the assault weapons ban. No jackboot thugs marching door to door taking everyone's guns. There was a problem and it was temporarily solved. Thanks to Republicans, we are back to square one. Saying there is no problem but "liberals" taking everyone's guns. Which never ever happened.

Again, thanks for proving my point.

seb146

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:49 am

extender wrote:
seb146 wrote:

If that is your contention, traffic fatalities take much more lives. Harping on them?

Everyone is. Antilock breaks, air bags, the third break light, drivers licences, insurance... There was a problem, government and private enterprise solved it. Private enterprise has no interest in solving the murder by gun issue. That is their bread-and-butter. So what if a few people are murdered and a few families are torn apart? As long as the gun companies get more and more money, right?

johns624

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:25 am

seb146 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

So, there was a problem and it was solved. Thanks for proving my point. There were fewer mass shootings during the assault weapons ban. No jackboot thugs marching door to door taking everyone's guns. There was a problem and it was temporarily solved. Thanks to Republicans, we are back to square one. Saying there is no problem but "liberals" taking everyone's guns. Which never ever happened.

No. Once again, the guns still were in production. You could still get them and they worked the same. it would be the same thing as saying you were banning fast cars and the only thing you did was ban them from having spoilers and racing stripes but didn't change the mechanical parts. If you're going to be against something, is it too much to ask that you actually know what you're talking about?

DIRECTFLT

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:32 am

petertenthije wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
I’m sure there’s probably more to it than just competition.

There’s been talk of banning it for so long, that anyone interested in getting one probably already bought one.

Or bought 2 or 3. You can never be too prepared if Russia invades.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

extender

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:49 am

seb146 wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you cannot corroborate the fewer mass shootings with the AWB. But thanks for proving the point that cosmetic, and not substantial changes did nothing to deter the amount of weapons purchased.

DL717

Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:38 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Not worth the energy. The anti gun crowd thinks 2A applies to muskets, not a weapon equivalent to or superior to that of the enemy so that you can actually have a fighting chance. Cause our founding fathers couldn’t possibly have imagined firearm improvements over time. Even though improvements were ongoing at the time of its writing. :roll:

They’ll try and roll it into “that’s what the military is for”, but you didn’t see anyone running around with a personal canon or personal warship either.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?