alfa164
Topic Author

Tillerson says Netanyahu and Israelis "played" Trump

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, speaking at a panel discussion at Harvard, said Wednesday that Netanyahu and the Israelis had "played" President Donald Trump in their conversations with him, warning that a "healthy amount of skepticism" is needed in dealings with Israel's prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu.

"They did that with the president on a couple of occasions, to persuade him that ‘We’re the good guys, they’re the bad guys,’" Tillerson said, according to the Harvard Gazette. "We later exposed it to the president so he understood, ‘You’ve been played.’”

He cautioned that skepticism is necessary when dealing with Netanyahu, whom Tillerson called "a bit Machiavellian."

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2019/09/rex-tillerson-details-his-frustrations-on-iran-israel-russia-and-his-revamp-of-the-state-department/

Of course, we could probably add Russia, China, North Korea, the Saudis, and the Taliban to the list of people who have "played" Trump, but hearing from his former Secretary of State makes this more than a personal opinion; it is an insider's clear-headed view of what has been going on in the White House - and in Trump's mind.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

MoonC

Re: Tillerson says Netanyahu and Israelis "played" Trump

Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:55 pm

I'm more curious to know what the covfefe in chief will say to that.

BN747

Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Anyone can 'play' him, Tillerson correct when he said 'Orange Maniac was a complete moron'!
Israeli intelligence is 10 years ahead our foolish leader..meaning they can accurately predict any and everything he does, they only thing they can't anticipate are his unlimited ignorance.

Kim knows he's stupid.
Erogan knows he's a moron.
Dueterte knows he's an idiot.
..and Putin, oh man..talk about someone who owns him...there ya' go.

Global leaders are lined up to take numbers to take advantage of dumb kid who only needs you to 'act nice' to him and he'll give you what ever you want.

His speaking with the Australian PM was excruciating to listen too...

"Our Military was in bad shape, they had no bullets, no ammo..."
"Our Military is the most powerful in the world, we can do anything, we have more ships, etc..."

It's dude, STFU! You are the Most Clueless Commander-in-Chief ever!

Gilligan (island) could do a better job in his sleep! I'm glad I don't have a kid in the military because there's no way I'd let him serve under this reckless fool!
I feel very sorry for kids in the service that have look, listen to idiocy that he is.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

MaverickM11

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:47 pm

A house plant could play Trump. Not really an accomplishment. Just look at North Korea, whose entire existence is painting Japan and the USA to be mortal enemies #1 and #2 who will/must recognize DPRK's prominence--Trump literally walked in and handed it over on a silver platter, thus solidifying the entire conceit.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Dutchy

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:57 pm

So, they say that thet Trump can be handled, sure, he is a narcissistic not to bright fool, so sure Trump can be played around with and he has been in a big time. So? What is new about this?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!