wingman

Re: Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine’s President to Investigate Biden’s Son

Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:59 pm

This is why we're in the impeachment inquiry stage. In Bill Clinton's impeachment, it was during the discovery process that a crime was uncovered, as it turned out one completely unrelated to the thousands of accusations leveled at him by the GOP when the process started. But it was enough at that point to pass the articles and forward to the Senate. We are now in the very beginning of the process and already Trump and his associates have self-admitted to what amounts potentially to the quid pro quo exchange of a valued commodity (dirt on a political rival in an election campaign in exchange for military aid) that would be a direct and established violation of the law. This is what the inquiry is now attempting to prove one way or another, and the process was initiated, just like the Russia investigation, due to Trump's very own words and actions. Who knows what else may be uncovered as the investigation unfolds. But to say that the impeachment is improper or illegal because it's solely down to political motivation is patently false and absurd. The political motivation is powerful but a party cannot initiate impeachment inquiries based solely on it, there has to be something tangible and potentially rising to the standards of impeachment that make it viable.

Anyone that comes out at this stage of the process and says it's "illegal" or "a joke" or "fake news" is seriously delusional or just refuses to understand our Constitution, and more importantly the awesome responsibility of the Congress to ensure a balance of power where another branch starts going off the rails. Trump is an example of a runaway train and a lead engineer on a 4 day crack bender. Just read his tweets and listen to his pressers, those alone are self-inflicted wounds. Imagine what the details will reveal for the stuff he and his administration are trying desperately to hide from public view. Let's take a look and find out the truth.

seb146

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:50 pm

SteelChair wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Trump sold out his countrymen to a foreign country using a personal lawyer. That is an impeachable crime. End of story.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/ ... eat-trump/
Conditioning aid on a personal vendetta, on trashing a political rival, is another. Trump does not have the right to deploy the resources of the government — especially with a foreign leader — for his personal political ends. Finally, there is the third scenario, a quid pro quo: If you don’t investigate Biden, you don’t get our money. That is implicit in the July 25 conversation, and explicit, perhaps through the statements of Trump’s agents. The crime is extortion, and plainly impeachable. Consider this: The Mueller investigation found that there was Russian interference in the 2016 election. While the Trump campaign welcomed that interference (“Russia: Are you listening?”) it was not guilty of conspiracy because the organization had not orchestrated it. This time, it has.

Not according to anyone who isn't blinded by Trump hatred

Not like the endless investigations into both Bill and Hillary that produced only a server we have seen the contents of and an Oval Office BJ. Years and years and millions of taxpayer dollars wasted over blind Clinton hatred and nothing to show for it but "I know you are but what am I?".

I am glad they got Trey Gowdy to take on the role he did. Recall that he asked stupid questions playing "gotcha" with Hillary and she answered every question like a boss and added that she was willing to sit and answer questions as long as he wanted. Unlike the current occupant of the White House who can not make it past 240 characters.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BN747

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:22 am

...hmmm I wonder if Ukraine Paulie (Manafort) is coaching from the clink...

...he's got all kinds of Ukraine hookups.

Or had.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

SanDiegoLover

Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:50 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
As I said a few days ago, that phony “transcript” is the best case scenario for this administration and that it would get worse. It has, and continues to. Trump had been blasting the whistle blower for treason. This issue was passed up to the top CIA lawyer weeks before the whistle blower sent his/her letter. The CIA formally made a CRIMINAL REFERRAL by asking the Justice Department to open an investigation. The Justice Dept simply closed it without any investigation. Ooooopppps! Billy Barr has some ‘spainin to do. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump- ... t-n1062481

As I predicted it’s now been confirmed that the WH version of the Ukraine “transcript” isn’t what really happened. https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari ... 2279109845

https://www.msnbc.com/11th-hour/watch/v ... 2290885822

MSPNWA

Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:34 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
As I predicted it’s now been confirmed that the WH version of the Ukraine “transcript” isn’t what really happened. https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari ... 2279109845

Wonder what world a "he said" that's translated through a known unreliable source is now proof? It's the world of those who believe the fake news media of course.

Your prediction is anything but confirmed.

alfa164

Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:47 am

MSPNWA wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

Wonder what world a "he said" that's translated through a known unreliable source is now proof? It's the world of those who believe the fake news media of course.

Having some nut cases call something a "known unreliable source" and "fake news media" is glaring evidence that facts don't matter to them...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

SanDiegoLover

Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:15 am

alfa164 wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

Having some nut cases call something a "known unreliable source" and "fake news media" is glaring evidence that facts don't matter to them...

:roll:

It’s all they have. They can’t defend the actions of the President so complain about the process or that info isn’t from Breitfart or ZeroHedge.

Remember just last week Republicans were whining that Nancy Pelosi wasn’t bringing the impeachment inquiry to a full floor vote. Now that she is having a vote this week, Republicans are complaining about the floor vote.

Tugger

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:47 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
a "he said" that's translated through a known unreliable source

What is or who is the "known unreliable source"?

And what is your source/evidence that is proving such?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

bgm

Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:40 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

Pyrex

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:10 am

And so, as expected, the "whistleblower" is a Biden and Brennan associate, called Eric Ciaramella. A guy who was fired from the NSC for leaking to the press but somehow, amazingly, still managed to retain a security clearance and be hired by the CIA.

Washington D.C. really is like a toilet bowl, must be flushed after every use.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

tommy1808

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:17 am

Pyrex wrote:
And so, as expected, the "whistleblower" is a Biden and Brennan associate, called Eric Ciaramella.

Which is completely irrelevant considering that every single bit from his complaint has been confirmed from other sources including the White House.
Even if he made it completely up for a big cheque of Rouhani himself and just coincidentally got everything right, a crime still was committed.

Isn't unmasking a whistle blower a felony? Well, not that the Trump cartel needs more felonies ...

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

Aaron747

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:54 am

Pyrex wrote:
And so, as expected, the "whistleblower" is a Biden and Brennan associate, called Eric Ciaramella. A guy who was fired from the NSC for leaking to the press but somehow, amazingly, still managed to retain a security clearance and be hired by the CIA.

Just pointing out that the whistleblower’s identity has not been corroborated or confirmed - you may continue with the regularly-scheduled partisan character assassination now.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Pyrex

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:56 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

Just pointing out that the whistleblower’s identity has not been corroborated or confirmed - you may continue with the regularly-scheduled partisan character assassination now.

Except everyone in Washington DC knows about it...

Pyrex

Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:06 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
And so, as expected, the "whistleblower" is a Biden and Brennan associate, called Eric Ciaramella.

Which is completely irrelevant considering that every single bit from his complaint has been confirmed from other sources including the White House.
Even if he made it completely up for a big cheque of Rouhani himself and just coincidentally got everything right, a crime still was committed.

Isn't unmasking a whistle blower a felony? Well, not that the Trump cartel needs more felonies ...

Best regards
Thomas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_of_ ... prov=sfla1

Aaron747

Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:17 am

Pyrex wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Oh ffs - to use that precedent, you would have to show in court how everything was fabricated - exceedingly unlikely with several individuals now providing similar testimony under oath - in fact, the only odd man out so far is Sondland. Occam’s razor still applies, regardless of feelings.

Giuliani and Mulvaney are likely going to end up being a split version of this generation’s Haldeman.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

tommy1808

Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:17 am

Pyrex wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Yeah... quite obviously not applicable outside of the weird fantasy of criminal circles around Trump.

What motivates a whistleblower to blow the whistle has no bearing on the legality of the evidence. If it was that easy no evidence would ever be applicable as most cops probably reeeaaalyyy dislike criminals and crime.

Pyrex wrote:
Except everyone in Washington DC knows about it...

Everybody in DC also knows that Trump is a criminal....

Best regards
Thomas

Aaron747

Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:19 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Everybody in DC also knows that Trump is a criminal....

Best regards
Thomas

Look no further than Nationals Park for evidence of that!

bgm

Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:21 am

Pyrex wrote:

And that foul-smelling orange turd occupying the White House should be the first thing to flush down the crapper.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

tommy1808

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:09 am

The crazy people are already demanding Biden impeached. Not even candidate yet, but already calling for impeachment...

https://www.mediamatters.org/media/3837471/embed/embed

How much more obvious can mental illness be...

Best regards
Thomad

SanDiegoLover

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:57 am

Pyrex wrote:

Funny......Republicans had no qualms with the same process before regarding Linda Tripp in the Clinton impeachment, nor regarding Hillary’s emails, nor the Lois Lerner IRS, nor “Fast and Furious” with Vin Diesel (lol), nor dozens of other political misdeeds/miscues. Why are you whining about the processthis time? I’ll tell you why. Because you cannot defend the actions and crime of Senor Cheeto.

D L X

Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:47 pm

Pyrex wrote:

Yeah, you're going to have to provide a source for that one. Besides being irrelevant, you've proven yourself over the years to be significantly less than reliable with your sourcing.

Tugger

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:02 pm

The amazing amount of Trump Derangement Syndrome displayed here is phenomenal.

Trump supporters simply cannot grasp reality and accept that he may have done something, something COMPLETELY in line with his character, that is illegal, that is a violation of the constitution.

The supporters appear to be truly deranged and are unable to NOT support him. It is a complete reflex. They are all in with little apparent ability to be independent (I mean anyone should be able to support some things a person does while not supporting other things).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin