Dieuwer
Topic Author

Impeachment: for real this time?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Apparently, Nancy Pelosi is going to announce it later this afternoon.

Dutchy

Re: Impeachment: for real this time?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:43 pm

no link, no reason, no nothing?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

CarbonFibre

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:46 pm

I though it was a Boris Johnson thread for a moment.

casinterest

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:51 pm

I think the Democrats need to make sure the whistleblower story pans out, but the impeachment process may be the best way forward to get to the root of the conversation since Mitch McConnell wants to slow roll.
Where ever you go, there you are.

einsteinboricua

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:03 pm

I would support impeachment as a way to get to the bottom of everything, not necessarily because I want Trump to be removed (though if everything checks out, then by all means). But the hurdles placed by the administration's refusal to follow the law (you know...because they're such law and order folks for everyone except themselves) merits an unhindered investigation, one where there is no holding back and EVERYTHING is reviewed. And because both Republicans and Democrats will be part of the review process with the Chief Justice presiding, it won't be a one-sided thing where the GOP redacts everything to their delight or the Democrats make it hyperpartisan. Whatever the Roberts says needs to be reviewed needs to be furnished, no ifs, ands, or buts.

I believe with everything that is transpiring (especially with Ukraine), let's put an end to it. If I were truly innocent, I would think I would want to hand over everything that exonerates me; otherwise, I'm obstructing justice.

And before anyone says "innocent until proven guilty", yes, the US has operated under that aegis, but let me pose this scenario:
Suppose I were accused of a violent crime (murder, rape, etc.) and I said I'm innocent. While it is up to the prosecution to make the case, I'm not helping myself by retaining all information that says I'm innocent so the logical deduction is that if I'm not willing to clear my name, then I have something that implicates me, and my constant attempts to block prosecution from examining evidence means I'm obstructing justice. So while I'm "innocent" because I haven't been linked to the crime, my attempts to block/tamper/destroy evidence could bring forth charges of obstruction of justice.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

trpmb6

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:42 pm

Think I read 146 Democrats are in favor of impeachment.

I don't think the votes are there. Even then I doubt it ultimately amounts to anything politically. All the political capital that's been spent and invested in impeachment has already moved the poll numbers to wherever the would end up post impeachment. We've literally been inside the impeachment news cycle that long that it won't amount to anything meaningful at the polls at this point.

Dieuwer
Topic Author

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:47 pm

trpmb6 wrote:

I don't think the votes are there. .

That's what I don't understand. Why are not ALL Dems in favor of impeachment?

einsteinboricua

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

They're free-thinkers...they know they don't represent a very blue district and their constituents may not necessarily support impeachment either.

If I were Pelosi, I'd sit down with the uber-progressive wing and warn them "I'll call for an impeachment...if this backfires (because nothing was found or a direct link was not established), you have to give up on seeking reelection and if we lose the House, rest assured I'll have the DCCC and state parties pin the blame on YOU". It's easy for AOC and the Squad to call out for impeachment like it's no one's business. At the end of the day, whether it yields something or not, their reelection is assured because their districts are safe D. I pity folks that defeated Republican incumbents in redder districts (like Kendra Horn (OK-5) and Sharice Davids (KS-3) who represent GOP-leaning districts).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

trpmb6

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:14 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

They're free-thinkers...they know they don't represent a very blue district and their constituents may not necessarily support impeachment either.

If I were Pelosi, I'd sit down with the uber-progressive wing and warn them "I'll call for an impeachment...if this backfires (because nothing was found or a direct link was not established), you have to give up on seeking reelection and if we lose the House, rest assured I'll have the DCCC and state parties pin the blame on YOU". It's easy for AOC and the Squad to call out for impeachment like it's no one's business. At the end of the day, whether it yields something or not, their reelection is assured because their districts are safe D. I pity folks that defeated Republican incumbents in redder districts (like Kendra Horn (OK-5) and Sharice Davids (KS-3) who represent GOP-leaning districts).

Perfect analysis.

For instance, you have Nadler in what should be an extremely safe district. And it is for Dems. But not for Nadler right now. He has someone to his left looking to primary him. Lindsey Boylan. And she is 100% in the impeachment camp.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... posturing/

Aesma

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:44 pm

If anyone else was president impeachment would be a no brainer.

Well, aside from the fact you would then get president Pence...
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Ken777

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:50 pm

What will be announced today will be the formation of a Select Committee to Investigate Trump. Because it will basically be an Impeachment Inquiry it will tear down the "Privilege Walls" that Trump has used to hide his behavior. It also has a stronger force in the Courts when they are looking blocked information.

While the Whistle Blower issue is at the front of our minds Bec cause it is the Crisis of the Week we need to remember that a lot of things are going to be on the table. Start with Mueller's Report where there were, what, 10 Obstruction of Justice charges available. Then there are the financial dealings with Russia (money laundering), Insurance fraud , tax fraud, etc.

The first objective of the Committee should be establishing evidence for both Impeachment and also Indictments (Federal and State). Next in importance would be delivering the evidence to the public, and this would probably be on a daily basis. Nixon was crushed by multiple revelations of wrong doing. Trump will have a longer list and he will not be able to hide evidence like he has in the past. A lot of his "associates" are going to be at risk and some of his family members will also be at risk.

So how long will the list of crimes & mis-behavior be? And how long before Trumo starts looking for a deal for him and his family?

casinterest

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:51 pm

Aesma wrote:

This is what probably scares the democrats the most about proceeding with impeachment. But on the plus side, the downfall of the GOP would be at hand

cpd

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:53 pm

I’m sure Trump will sail through this unaffected, he is Teflon coated.

SanDiegoLover

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Aesma wrote:

From a pure political point of view I agree with you, but this President needs to be impeached. He has repeatedly shown he will continue shredding the Constitution if he’s not stopped. I’m worried about the precedent that is set. Trump is incompetent. I worry about the next malevolent Trump type that actually understands how government works.

Additionally, just assuming Trump can easily be beat at the ballot box 14 months from now is a fool’s errand. Anything can happen between now and then that assures another 4 years. The US or Europe could have a major terror strike, or Iran or the Middle East blows up, or massive national disaster that rallies the wagons around the POTUS. Playing the odds is not something to be done with a national Constitution.

It’s simply the right thing to do.

SanDiegoLover

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:00 pm

casinterest wrote:
Aesma wrote:

This is what probably scares the democrats the most about proceeding with impeachment. But on the plus side, the downfall of the GOP would be at hand

That’s what the said after Watergate and Nixon. A Democrat was in the White House for 4 years before they went right back to a Republican President.

ER757

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:13 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

You have it correct - there's huge (or I guess I should say "yuuuge") risk involved here for the Dems. If they proceed to impeach and it turns out to be a nothing burger, they are well and truly sunk in the 2020 election. So Nancy's playing it very cautiously as well she should as the speaker and de-facto leader of the party. Now, if she has incontrovertible evidence that Trump is worthy of impeachment, proceeds to call for the vote and the evidence becomes public, then the Republicans in the Senate are going to be the ones feeling the heat if they decide not to convict. Interesting times........

MikeDrop

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:22 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

There are many "safe" congressional districts for both parties, but at least 1/3 of them for each party are split pretty evenly between both Dems and Repubs. Dems in districts with over 40% Repubs and lots of independents risk losing the next election if they support impeachment. In the district I live in our congressman is a Dem, but the population is split pretty evenly. In the recent 2020 primary the 2 republicans received more votes than the incumbent Dem. I'd be shocked if he ever votes for impeachment because the chances are very good he will get voted out in 2020.

Mike Drop

ltbewr

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Speaker Pelosi seems to want to keep to a few charges of Impeachment and to take a few months, likely before the end of 2019. With a formal investigation by the Judiciary committee or special committee, it will as noted gain them expediency and power to get documents and testimony. The Ukrainian issue may not work out upon Trump producing recordings or notes of his conversation with their leader, but there are the clear violations of emoluments (business at his hotels, golf clubs); and the several issues brought up in the Mueller report that only Congress through Impeachment process can charge the President with. Anything that can get this shameful fool from office, even if get VP Pence who will likely pardon like Pres. Ford did with Nixon as to Federal crimes, will be ok with me.

Ken777

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:30 pm

There will actually be about 6 House Committees carrying out the Impeachment Investigations and that, in itself, is interesting. 6 committees and the White House not able to stonewall. When the Attorney General gets called in to explain his actions in refusing to send the Whistle Blowers Report in direct violation of the law will be a thing to watch. All those previous witnesses who claimed "privilege" of one type or another are in for a surprise.

SanDiegoLover

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:33 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

There are many "safe" congressional districts for both parties, but at least 1/3 of them for each party are split pretty evenly between both Dems and Repubs. Dems in districts with over 40% Repubs and lots of independents risk losing the next election if they support impeachment. In the district I live in our congressman is a Dem, but the population is split pretty evenly. In the recent 2020 primary the 2 republicans received more votes than the incumbent Dem. I'd be shocked if he ever votes for impeachment because the chances are very good he will get voted out in 2020.

Mike Drop

Mike, what happens if the whistle blower is actually Dan Coats (former DNI, retired Republican Senator) or Sue Gordon, his deputy?

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:47 pm

More likely, the whistleblower is a Obama holdover and career bureaucrat who can’t be touched and, as of now, only holds hearsay evidence.

GF

SanDiegoLover

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:55 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
More likely, the whistleblower is a Obama holdover and career bureaucrat who can’t be touched and, as of now, only holds hearsay evidence.

GF

Perhaps. But for some reason McConnell suddenly caved today and is demanding the whistle blower report. The timeline of Dan Coats leaving, and barging into his deputy’s meeting to have her resign too just 3 days after the calls (July 25th) in question took place, . They resigned effective 8/15, exactly 3 days after the whistle blower complaint was filed with the IG.

But the point is, do you really think Trump has a shot of reelection if Dan Coats is the one testifying against him at an impeachment hearing?

jdstJD

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:00 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

But the trump appointed IG said the claim is credible and of urgent importance. Seems to me like the person’s current or past political or professional affiliation is immaterial.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

TTailedTiger

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:00 pm

Adam Schiff has said for over a year that he has all the proof for impeachment but has yet to provide anything. They know they have a bunch of airheads running for president who will easily be trampled over by Trump. An attempt at impeachment is their last act of desperation. The country made up their mind after the Mueller report with its emptiness and then Mueller's pathetic showing at the hearings. Bring on the impeachment. I can't think of anything better to rally the GOP and Trump supporters.

MikeDrop

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:13 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Mike Drop

Mike, what happens if the whistle blower is actually Dan Coats (former DNI, retired Republican Senator) or Sue Gordon, his deputy?

Do you have any sources or is this just speculation on your part? If you have inside info on this please do share.

Mike Drop

Jalap

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:22 pm

ER757 wrote:
evidence that Trump is worthy of impeachment

First, I'll apologize for my ignorance, I really don't know much about the dynamics in the USA.

But does this statement "worthy of impeachment" mean anything? Isn't it so that the president can do pretty much everything he wants and not be impeached? As long as the votes aren't there?
From what I read in the press here in Europe, the votes aren't there. Because the republicans have the majority in the senate.

Then what's the point? Electoral benefit? The Trump-voters aren't going anywhere because they seem to have some religious-like belief in this person. Trump can nuke France out of the blue and they'll still be cheering.

So what's the point?

MikeDrop

Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Jalap wrote:
But does this statement "worthy of impeachment" mean anything?

There is a definition in our constitution of what is worthy but it is purposely vague “high crimes and misdemeanors”. Impeachment is not a criminal matter, it is a political matter, thus the statement can mean different things at different times. IMO if a very large majority of the American people support the reasons for impeachment then they are worthy of impeachment.

Jalap wrote:
Isn't it so that the president can do pretty much everything he wants and not be impeached? As long as the votes aren't there?
This is not true. The President is very powerful, but there are significant limits to that power. Clear abuse of power that is truly illegal would result in broad support from the population for impeachment, and then the votes would be there.

Jalap wrote:
From what I read in the press here in Europe, the votes aren't there. Because the republicans have the majority in the senate.

This is true, but if an investigation uncovers real corruption or illegal activities like bribes or embezzlement the votes would be there.

Jalap wrote:
Then what's the point? Electoral benefit?
IMO the opposition hopes to block Trump from implementing policies they don’t like, damage his ability to run a campaign for re-election, and find something in his past that they can use to sway the republicans to vote against him. It’s risky for them because they are setting the precedent that the opposition can use impeachment to overturn an election if they don’t like the policies of the winner. If they go through this effort and don’t find anything egregious in his past they will pay a dear price for overstepping.

Jalap wrote:
The Trump-voters aren't going anywhere because they seem to have some religious-like belief in this person. Trump can nuke France out of the blue and they'll still be cheering.
Both statements are quite incorrect IMO. Most Trump supporters are sick of endless wars and are anti big government. It is telling that Trumps first state dinner was with your President Macron.

Jalap wrote:
So what's the point?
The point unfortunately is that the Democrats are desperate and they fear that Trump will win re-election and they hope to damage him enough that he either leaves office early or loses the election.

Have a nice day!

Mike Drop

mham001

Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:45 pm

Jalap wrote:
Then what's the point? ?

It will provide cover for Biden if he were to win the nomination. Biden has skeletons in his closet and Ukraine is not the only, nor the biggest. Democrats know this and Pelosi swiftly changing course today got the headlines back on Trump and off Biden.

SanDiegoLover

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:13 am

mham001 wrote:
Jalap wrote:
Then what's the point? ?

It will provide cover for Biden if he were to win the nomination. Biden has skeletons in his closet and Ukraine is not the only, nor the biggest. Democrats know this and Pelosi swiftly changing course today got the headlines back on Trump and off Biden.

LOL! Then somebody should have told Republican Senate Leader McConnell, Republican Senator Burr, and the other Republicans in the Senate who allowed unanimous consent this afternoon, demanding the White House have the whistle blower testify in the Senate Committee post haste. How does McConnell suddenly caving today fit in this conspiracy theory of yours?

MikeDrop

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:23 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
mham001 wrote:
Jalap wrote:
Then what's the point? ?

LOL! Then somebody should have told Republican Senate Leader McConnell, Republican Senator Burr, and the other Republicans in the Senate who allowed unanimous consent this afternoon, demanding the White House have the whistle blower testify in the Senate Committee post haste. How does McConnell suddenly caving today fit in this conspiracy theory of yours?

LOL - One could read your post and think that Senator McConnell caved to Democrats and now supports impeachment. But alas, this is not the case. Testimony in front of the Senate judicial committee controlled by republicans is not impeachment. I hope that this person does testify in the Senate, and soon. If he or she has proof that President Trump broke a law then that should be exposed, and Trump is toast. If the testimony falls short of that then as has happened so often over the last 3 years - it’s a big nothingburger. Trump promised to release the full transcript of the conversation in question unredacted so it will be interesting to see how this goes. I could be wrong and this is the end of Trump, but I suspect that he has nothing to worry about. If this is true I hope he holds off releasing the transcript until after the whistle blowers testimony so if there are any lies in the testimony they can be exposed.

Mike Drop
Last edited by MikeDrop on Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

seb146

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:24 am

casinterest wrote:
I think the Democrats need to make sure the whistleblower story pans out, but the impeachment process may be the best way forward to get to the root of the conversation since Mitch McConnell wants to slow roll.

The whistle blower report should have been handed over to the proper House committee(s) within fourteen days. It has not. Those House committees have not seen the complaint. That law was broken, so AG Barr should, at the very least, be censured and, at most, impeached and removed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -law-says/

This is why we have checks and balances in the Constitution.

As far as the occupant of the White House, we know he will not be removed from office. No matter the damning evidence, no matter how many times he is going to lie under oath. Republicans will not stand for his removal. That is a yuge problem for Republicans come November 2020.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

DIRECTFLT

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:25 am

I take no pleasure in watching the Dems shoot themselves in the foot. No sympathy either.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

seb146

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:27 am

MikeDrop wrote:
Jalap wrote:
So what's the point?
The point unfortunately is that the Democrats are desperate and they fear that Trump will win re-election and they hope to damage him enough that he either leaves office early or loses the election.

Have a nice day!

Mike Drop

If Democrats were "desperate and fear he will win re-election" this whole process would take place closer to the election and not more than a year out. This only give Democrats a chance to gather ammunition. Everything the administration and occupant of the White House does will be under a microscope. He will be ineffective. Moderate Republicans will run from him faster than they are now and Democrats will pound all this corruption hard.

mham001

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:32 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:

Maybe McConnell knows what the whistle blower has to say and it is nothing significant? I won't predict that but this whole thing has been a media circus fed by Trump. He's playing with them, this was noted at WaPo today. McConnell "caving" may just be part of that play.

Aaron747

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:38 am

mham001 wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

Maybe McConnell knows what the whistle blower has to say and it is nothing significant? I won't predict that but this whole thing has been a media circus fed by Trump. He's playing with them, this was noted at WaPo today. McConnell "caving" may just be part of that play.

Regardless it can only be good for the country for all materials and related matters to see daylight.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

johnboy

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:42 am

mham001 wrote:

Ah, the super cute but delusional “Trump is playing 64th level chess” theory.

To hell with napalm, the stench of Trump amorality and desperation in the air is positively Intoxicating today. And some of you spent so much time with Rube Goldberg-esque explanations exonerating him. Shoulda done Powerpoints too!!!’

NIKV69

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:55 am

Impeachment is being floated and will be used for something far more sinister that what it was designed for. Clinton committed perjury yet now it will be floated for anything. Go ahead bring it. You can't remove him from office and you will make yourself more foolish than you are already. I will enjoy watching this debacle.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

casinterest

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:04 am

seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

The whistle blower report should have been handed over to the proper House committee(s) within fourteen days. It has not. Those House committees have not seen the complaint. That law was broken, so AG Barr should, at the very least, be censured and, at most, impeached and removed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -law-says/

This is why we have checks and balances in the Constitution.

As far as the occupant of the White House, we know he will not be removed from office. No matter the damning evidence, no matter how many times he is going to lie under oath. Republicans will not stand for his removal. That is a yuge problem for Republicans come November 2020.

The Republicans worst nightmare is coming true. Trump is up for impeachment, and those that would ride his coattails next year will have all the negative stories of support for a man that paid off a pornstar, sold out US intelligence to the Russians, turned hard working farmers into welfare recipients, and never got the growth those tax cuts promised, while the upper 5 % got Porsche level tax cuts.

seb146

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:35 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Impeachment is being floated and will be used for something far more sinister that what it was designed for. Clinton committed perjury yet now it will be floated for anything. Go ahead bring it. You can't remove him from office and you will make yourself more foolish than you are already. I will enjoy watching this debacle.

And WHEN the lies under oath (perjury) happen, there will still be the whole "that never happened" and "this is just more liberal lies" all over. This is how cults work. The difference between now and Clinton is Starr just kept digging and digging and digging and digging. If Clinton had confessed to getting a hummer, Starr would have changed the focus of the investigation yet again.

You can not compare the two. Ever. They are not even the same. We now have the occupant of the White House out there saying he did these things. I can't wait until he is under oath and all this comes out.

sonicruiser

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:55 am

seb146 wrote:
I can't wait until he is under oath and all this comes out.

If Trump gave two shits about being under oath, he would not be as powerful as he is now. The irrelevance of rule of law is his biggest asset. Trump is not going to be impeached. You can quote me on it.

I dislike Trump, but he was right when he said that Democrats were convinced that Hillary would defeat him and were absolutely sure that Muller would indict him. Neither of them happened. Democrats have no reputation of credibility, especially on predicting the fate of Trump.

DL717

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:11 am

Self destruction of the left continues. They’re going to get torched on this.

Dieuwer wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Something about fool me once (Russia)...
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

jdstJD

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:24 am

NIKV69 wrote:

But why the giddiness? The democrats are trying to deal with this catastrophe of a president. Trying to get all of the crap cleaned up that trump is causing. You all don’t care at all about what he’s doing? You can’t see the problems he is causing?

DL717

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:25 am

jdstJD wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

But why the giddiness? The democrats are trying to deal with this catastrophe of a president. Trying to get all of the crap cleaned up tha trump is causing. You all don’t care at all about what he’s doing? You can’t see the problems he is causing?

What problems is he causing? Being President while his political opponents continue their four year meltdown? Because that’s what’s been going on. Oh the humanity that a non-politician is in office. Holy Jesus! :hissyfit:

Aaron747

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:30 am

DL717 wrote:
jdstJD wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

But why the giddiness? The democrats are trying to deal with this catastrophe of a president. Trying to get all of the crap cleaned up tha trump is causing. You all don’t care at all about what he’s doing? You can’t see the problems he is causing?

What problems is he causing? Being President while his political opponents continue their four year meltdown? Because that’s what’s been going on. Oh the humanity that a non-politician is in office. Holy Jesus! :hissyfit:

Someone needs to retake civics badly.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

DL717

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:38 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
jdstJD wrote:

Someone needs to retake civics badly.

I went to school at a time when they actually taught civics. We also weren’t indoctrinated by leftist hippies.

seb146

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:40 am

DL717 wrote:
jdstJD wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Those things have been listed over and over.

Replacement for ACA has not happened
Welfare for farmers because of trade wars started by him
Tax cuts for the wealthy not creating good paying jobs
Not separating himself from his businesses (which is a violation of Emoluments Clause)
Working with foreign governments to get dirt on his political opponents
Golfing every damn weekend
Paying off hookers to stay quiet during campaigns

But none of that happened. Just liberal tears lalalalalala can't hear you lalalalalalala

MikeDrop

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:40 am

jdstJD wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

But why the giddiness? The democrats are trying to deal with this catastrophe of a president. Trying to get all of the crap cleaned up that trump is causing. You all don’t care at all about what he’s doing? You can’t see the problems he is causing?

I was talking with a friend today about the possibility of impeachment based on the current news reports. He pointed out that the agitation about Trump started before he was even inaugurated. The left was making similar statements to this one about all the problems he is causing, or something similar immediately after the election. Trump was never actually able to start his presidency like every other president has in the last 240+ years, with some bipartisan willingness to let him start his presidency with some stability and cooperation.

Anyway, my friend didn't see this as a big deal because its really just the same thing that's been happening over and over for almost 3 years.

Mike Drop

jdstJD

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:51 am

MikeDrop wrote:
jdstJD wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I was talking with a friend today about the possibility of impeachment based on the current news reports. He pointed out that the agitation about Trump started before he was even inaugurated. The left was making similar statements to this one about all the problems he is causing, or something similar immediately after the election. Trump was never actually able to start his presidency like every other president has in the last 240+ years, with some bipartisan willingness to let him start his presidency with some stability and cooperation.

Anyway, my friend didn't see this as a big deal because its really just the same thing that's been happening over and over for almost 3 years.

Mike Drop

You mean like the republicans did for Obama when he took office? Like McConnell saying on the day of his inauguration that their one goal from then on out was to make Obama a one term president. How gracious, cooperative and patriotic they were!!

MikeDrop

Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:05 am

jdstJD wrote:
You mean like the republicans did for Obama when he took office? Like McConnell saying on the day of his inauguration that their one goal from then on out was to make Obama a one term president. How gracious, cooperative and patriotic they were!!

Sure, you can be upset at these things, and I understand your frustration. But I really hope that your desire for impeachment isn't based on your anger at perceived mistreatment of President Obama and a need for revenge.

Mike Drop