alfa164

Re: Impeachment: for real this time?

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:50 pm

BN747 wrote:
Who else would 'think' of such a thing?

Well... anybody with "great and unmatched wisdom“, of course!

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Dieuwer
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:08 pm

alfa164 wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
Wow, just read his latest tweet:
As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).

No, this was not written by a dictator of some banana republic, it was written by the so-called leader of the free world (... no way...).

Wow! Just Wow! If there was any doubt that this ego-maniacal narcissist was going off the rails... this should eliminate that.

When I read that quote, I had to look to be sure it wasn't a joke - or something from the Onion. It isn't. It is from Trump himself. It is sad to see a man melting down mentally right in front of us... and imagine what other world leaders think.

Who needs to Onion when you've got Trump...

BN747

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

No, this was not written by a dictator of some banana republic, it was written by the so-called leader of the free world (... no way...).

Wow! Just Wow! If there was any doubt that this ego-maniacal narcissist was going off the rails... this should eliminate that.

When I read that quote, I had to look to be sure it wasn't a joke - or something from the Onion. It isn't. It is from Trump himself. It is sad to see a man melting down mentally right in front of us... and imagine what other world leaders think.

"But, but...he's gonna win! He's doing all the right things.., you'll see! He has a secret plan"

MAGA Fan BN747-clone
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

alfa164

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

That is a valid point. They both have thin skins... they both stink like hell... and they both make us cry our eyes out...

:roll:

BN747

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:15 pm

Thing is...we're all looking at this the wrong way.

We're looking at this thru the 'observer on the OUTside/sidewalk looking IN-to the store' lenses.

But inside lies the better read on what exactly is happening.

Well, no one here, will argue that the Liar-in-Chief does not like to be told he's wrong.

Stroking of his ego is Always the BEST approach.. and Not doing so can be costly.

So, if these two statements are indeed facts. Then how is this not the quantized core of an egomaniac.

Therefore, an egomaniac at the epicenter of a sh*t storm of this magnitude, innocent or even guilty...can only bad results.

An Innocent person, not having been unanimously exonerated this deep in, is stuck with his core ideals-his loyalty is anchored to just one thing...his ego, he himself.
That will do him in.

A Guilty man, a Guilty Egotistical man will pull out all the stops he can possibly think of in order to save himself...his ego assures that approach.
This too, will do him in.

..and finally, the view from inside the store 'looking out' either man sees 'himself as he perceives' the world will see him. And one thing his ego will not permit...is 'LOSER' be attached to his name - Forever!

From his standpoint, his egocentric viewpoint, the Loser isn't 'the guy who quits'..
It's the guy who has the title 'Impeach' stitched to his name forever. That is permanent!

For that reason he will leave. He's going scorched Earth as much as he can (earning Impeachment along the way) until he sees the impeachment House vote date set - then he will bail.

That's my take. Many of you have Anthony Scaramucci state that 'He will resign'.

But below is woman who worked for his organization for years, Barbara Res, a hardcore ethnic NY'ker (when you gear her speak...you know exactly what I mean...I've always been turned on by New York City girls who talked that way, like actress Debbie Mazur. But I digress....

Res and the Mooch know this guy...very very very well. I don't if the see it the way my amateur psychoanalysis panned out...to me it makes all the sense in the world.

Let's see how many barns he sets on fire this week.

Monday:Syria
Tuesday:

BN747

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/barbara- ... 10135.html
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

ER757

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:13 pm

N14AZ wrote:

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).

„ my great and unmatched wisdom“ what? Was this meant to be funny?

„I‘ve done before!“ hmmm, when and where exactly?

I see a scenario where the Republicans themselves pull the plug...

Unless someone hacked his Twitter account and posted this, I'd say it' time for 25th amendment discussions. Clearly the ranting of a man who's lost his marbles. I know we have some ardent Trump supporters here on the board, anyone want to take a shot at defending this one? I'll wait...........

SheikhDjibouti

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:28 am

Donald J Trump wrote:

Great and unmatched wisdom? I wouldn't trust the guy who wrote this to stuff a turkey. :shakehead:

In the last 50 years I can only recall two nutcases with such inflated opinions of themselves.

The first was "His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Dr. Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular", (and also the uncrowned King of Scotland).
Such a list of self-bestowed titles might be funny if it wasn't for the huge number of murders committed under his rule.

The second worst self-aggrandizing eccentric was Saddam Hussein.
'nuff said.

And to add to that list, now we have Donald Trump. :vomit:
Nothing to see here; move along please.

WarRI1

Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:53 am

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Donald J Trump wrote:

Great and unmatched wisdom? I wouldn't trust the guy who wrote this to stuff a turkey. :shakehead:

In the last 50 years I can only recall two nutcases with such inflated opinions of themselves.

The first was "His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Dr. Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular", (and also the uncrowned King of Scotland).
Such a list of self-bestowed titles might be funny if it wasn't for the huge number of murders committed under his rule.

The second worst self-aggrandizing eccentric was Saddam Hussein.
'nuff said.

And to add to that list, now we have Donald Trump. :vomit:

Definitely a dangerous person. He is getting worse using self aggrandizing which only he uses to praise himself. There must be a medical term that applies.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

DL717

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:10 am

Here’s a shock. Lying piece of Schiff.....

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/10/schif ... r-contact/
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Aaron747

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:15 am

DL717 wrote:

For the umpteenth time, the IC IG’s statement did not indicate any issues with the complaint’s genesis. And regardless of process minutiae, none of this claptrap can change what transpired.

Or perhaps you not interested in friends of Perry and Giuliani implanting themselves in the Ukrainian gas business? FFS...
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

WarRI1

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:15 am

DL717 wrote:

Big deal, you guys are so desperate to defend this Moron, that you argue about semantics.

DL717

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:21 am

WarRI1 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Big deal, you guys are so desperate to defend this Moron, that you argue about semantics.

The left is so quick to jump to conclusions and ignore their own bad deeds that it’s absolutely hysterical. They should go get some more fake dossiers then try to frame other politicians. That’s the only thing the left has been successful at in the last three years. The left even has idiots suggesting Pence should be impeached before Trump so that Pelosi would become President, neither suggestion has any basis, nor is it even grounded in reality. Let me know when they decide to give up on this attempted coup. It’s time for some to be held up for treason, tossed in a cell, and the keys tossed. Start with Schiff. Work your way through the sewer. It’s disgusting how people are behaving on the left.

You lost an election. Get the hell over it. I think it’s hilarious that people want Trump out so bad that you are willing to galvanize the base so that he wins a second term with this go nowhere impeachment attempt. Self destruct button activated.

By the way...remember all the rumors about Trump nude pics a while back? Wonder which DC clown spread that rumor....

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... m_fsb.html

WarRI1

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:39 am

DL717 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

The left is so quick to jump to conclusions and ignore their own bad deeds that it’s absolutely hysterical. They should go get some more fake dossiers then try to frame other politicians. That’s the only thing the left has been successful at in the last three years. The left even has idiots suggesting Pence should be impeached before Trump so that Pelosi would become President, neither suggestion has any basis, nor is it even grounded in reality. Let me know when they decide to give up on this attempted coup. It’s time for some to be held up for treason, tossed in a cell, and the keys tossed. Start with Schiff. Work your way through the sewer. It’s disgusting how people are behaving on the left.

You lost an election. Get the hell over it. I think it’s hilarious that people want Trump out so bad that you are willing to galvanize the base so that he wins a second term with this go nowhere impeachment attempt. Self destruct button activated.

By the way...remember all the rumors about Trump nude pics a while back? Wonder which DC clown spread that rumor....

I await your reaction to the thread Plot to win the WH. I suggest you get another line about losing an election, kind of stale and has lost its appeal to any thinking person.

WarRI1

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:41 am

WarRI1 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

I await your reaction to the thread Plot that won the WH. I suggest you get another line about losing an election, kind of stale and has lost its appeal to any thinking person.

Aaron747

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:44 am

DL717 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

I suggest studying your own country more - nothing you claim above stands up to treason. The definition in the Constitution is aiding an enemy nation or conducting warfare on the US itself. Article III, section 3 in case you call this ‘fake news’. Nothing about opposing or challenging POTUS to be found.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

DL717

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:46 am

WarRI1 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

I await your reaction to the thread Plot to win the WH. I suggest you get another line about losing an election, kind of stale and has lost its appeal to any thinking person.

Ah yes, the “thinking man” insult. The “thinking man” would have better calculus skills than the left does right now.

DL717

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:47 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

I suggest studying your own country more - nothing you claim above stands up to treason. The definition in the Constitution is aiding an enemy nation or conducting warfare on the US itself. Article III, section 3 in case you call this ‘fake news’. Nothing about opposing or challenging POTUS to be found.

And what do you think a coup is sir? That makes one the enemy and anyone supporting said enemy is treasonous.
Last edited by DL717 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ltbewr

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:47 am

With the increasing erratic and irrational behaviors of Pres. Trump, perhaps instead of Impeachment there is a longshot chance he could be removed by the 25th Amendment. It allows for suspension or replacement of a President (or a VP) under certain physical and mental health conditions that make it impossible for them to carry out their duties and an orderly transfer of power occurs. It came about in the late 1960's after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. It did go into effect with the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan when he was unable to serve during his treatment and recovery. Most Presidents' have used a time limited form of suspension of office if undergoing medical procedures requiring anesthesia. It does allow a President's or VP's staff, key cabinet members and certain other officials to suspend a President's holding of office or to fully remove them in certain conditions.

Trump's father had a dementia spectrum loss of mental acuity near Donald's current age, perhaps Trump has an early stage of it now and needs to be thoroughly examined physically and mentally to see if has such a problem and to consider the invocation of the 25th Amendment. It would be messy for sure but would achieve the goal of ending Trump's holding office without the serious problems of Impeachment.

Aaron747

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:52 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

And what do you think a coup is sir?

You mean one of these?

http://serious-science.org/img/2016/10/ ... People.jpg

Not even close. Read the IC IG’s statement then get back to us.

https://www.dni.gov/files/ICIG/Document ... laints.pdf
Last edited by Aaron747 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

DL717

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:53 am

ltbewr wrote:
With the increasing erratic and irrational behaviors of Pres. Trump, perhaps instead of Impeachment there is a longshot chance he could be removed by the 25th Amendment. It allows for suspension or replacement of a President (or a VP) under certain physical and mental health conditions that make it impossible for them to carry out their duties and an orderly transfer of power occurs. It came about in the late 1960's after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. It did go into effect with the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan when he was unable to serve during his treatment and recovery. Most Presidents' have used a time limited form of suspension of office if undergoing medical procedures requiring anesthesia. It does allow a President's or VP's staff, key cabinet members and certain other officials to suspend a President's holding of office or to fully remove them in certain conditions.

Trump's father had a dementia spectrum loss of mental acuity near Donald's current age, perhaps Trump has an early stage of it now and needs to be thoroughly examined physically and mentally to see if has such a problem and to consider the invocation of the 25th Amendment. It would be messy for sure but would achieve the goal of ending Trump's holding office without the serious problems of Impeachment.

Better rationale than this stupid impeachment nonsense that is going nowhere. Or, just put up another candidate, get said person elected and move on. The latter must be a monumental task the way the left is behaving.

DL717

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:58 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

You mean one of these?

Why go on about a whistleblower that colluded with the left? Not making much of a case. Gonna be brutal when it comes out that someone like Schiff actually wrote the complaint isn’t it? Hope he likes jail.

Aaron747

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:02 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

You mean one of these?

Why go on about a whistleblower that colluded with the left? Not making much of a case. Gonna be brutal when it comes out that someone like Schiff actually wrote the complaint isn’t it? Hope he likes jail.

Oh right, because the IGs are going to run cover for partisans. Methinks you have no idea what they are or why they exist.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html ... 0_sq2.html

N14AZ

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:33 am

DL717 wrote:
Or, just put up another candidate, get said person elected and move on.

I agree, that’s what the Republicans should do. Nominate Nikki Haley and they will win. Trump will have a role in future history books, something like „he showed how important it is to address the needs and fears of the people“ and maybe „... but one legislation turned out to be enough“.

MSPNWA

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:16 am

DL717 wrote:

One of the most corrupt politicians in Washington, and that's not a low bar to clear.

I do find it amusing that we're supposed to hate Trump and instead align ourselves with a known crook like Schiff. Sound logic there.

Aaron747

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:26 am

MSPNWA wrote:
DL717 wrote:

One of the most corrupt politicians in Washington, and that's not a low bar to clear.

I do find it amusing that we're supposed to hate Trump and instead align ourselves with a known crook like Schiff. Sound logic there.

It is scientific fact that one or two bad apples does not negate the flavor of the others. Just as it is fact that an unlikable politician on a committee does not negate investigation findings or possible executive wrongdoing. Astounding cognitive dissonance.

Meanwhile the ‘swamp’ is alive and well. Not a peep?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ?_amp=true

SheikhDjibouti

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

And what do you think a coup is sir? That makes one the enemy and anyone supporting said enemy is treasonous.

More importantly, what do YOU think a coup is?

Firstly, it isn't a chicken-house.(wrong spelling, doh!)
Secondly, it isn't directly pocketing the cue ball - not in this case.

The actual definition of a coup is....."a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government"

At the risk of somebody's head exploding, let's examine some facts.
Sudden? Hardly. One could die of boredom, or worse, descend into dementia ( :spin: ) waiting for this impeachment process to unfold.
Violent? One would hope not, but thanks to the Second Amendment, anything is possible. :banghead:
Illegal? Ah - now we have it. What exactly is illegal about this current legal challenge to Trump's position?

So no, not a coup (d'état).
Not even close.
Nothing to see here; move along please.

Aaron747

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:57 am

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

The actual definition of a coup is....."a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government"

Sudden? Hardly. One could die of boredom, or worse, descend into dementia ( :spin: ) waiting for this impeachment process to unfold.
Violent? One would hope not, but thanks to the Second Amendment, anything is possible. :banghead:
Illegal? Ah - now we have it. What exactly is illegal about this current legal challenge to Trump's position?

Not even close.

Not only are Trump defenders wrong about the definitions of treason and coup, they are wrong about the entire context. Some great contextual commentary from one of the few conservative sites making real sense:

Here is one thing the leaders of coups do not do: Give the sitting president a heads up during a nationally televised press conference, which is what Speaker Nancy Pelosi has done.

Here is a second thing the leaders of coups do not do: Give the president’s party a voting stake in the question of whether or not the president shall be forced to step down.

Here is a third thing the leaders of coups do not do: Agree beforehand to allow the president to remain in office if he satisfies pre-arranged conditions transparently laid out in a 230-year-old document.

We could keep going on and on. And on. But you get the point.

https://thebulwark.com/impeachment-is-not-a-coup/

extender

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:56 am

Over the decades, those on the Left have carefully infiltrated academia, the news industry, entertainment, and the legal profession, among others. Theirs was not to be a revolution, but an evolution, the parable of the frog in the slowly heated pan of water. We weren't supposed to notice.

Then came Donald Trump.

The Left, and the majority in this thread are so hell bent to get rid of Trump, because he brought the Left's agenda crumbling down. The liberal timetable was derailed, it was now time for revolution. The use of violence was justified, because the conservatives were now Nazis. A few here have gone so far as to advocate antifa's use of violence. The Left is using anything it can: lies, propaganda and criminal acts to further their resistance. Al Green said it, if you can't impeach him, Trump will win in 2020. Not that Al Green is smart by any means, but a watch is right twice a day, and here he is on the money. You guys will make anything up to get rid of Trump, lie, cheat and steal. But Trump got elected, and a lot of people that aren't conservatives aren't buying the Left's radical shift, so keep at it. You will pretty much guarantee Trump winning in 2020. After that, your party will be a fart in the wind. So keep inventing your whistle blowers, are we on two or three now? Deep down you all know you are grasping at straws, impeachment will not get off of the ground.

Aaron747

Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:09 pm

extender wrote:
Over the decades, those on the Left have carefully infiltrated academia, the news industry, entertainment, and the legal profession, among others. Theirs was not to be a revolution, but an evolution, the parable of the frog in the slowly heated pan of water. We weren't supposed to notice.

Then came Donald Trump.

The Left, and the majority in this thread are so hell bent to get rid of Trump, because he brought the Left's agenda crumbling down. The liberal timetable was derailed, it was now time for revolution. The use of violence was justified, because the conservatives were now Nazis. A few here have gone so far as to advocate antifa's use of violence. The Left is using anything it can: lies, propaganda and criminal acts to further their resistance. Al Green said it, if you can't impeach him, Trump will win in 2020. Not that Al Green is smart by any means, but a watch is right twice a day, and here he is on the money. You guys will make anything up to get rid of Trump, lie, cheat and steal. But Trump got elected, and a lot of people that aren't conservatives aren't buying the Left's radical shift, so keep at it. You will pretty much guarantee Trump winning in 2020. After that, your party will be a fart in the wind. So keep inventing your whistle blowers, are we on two or three now? Deep down you all know you are grasping at straws, impeachment will not get off of the ground.

What about independents like myself and professional suburban women / men who are not part of the 'leftist agenda'? As for derailing stuff, this Administration has managed to keep the Left's national debt clock in overdrive, so I wouldn't even go that far.

extender

Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:19 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
What about independents like myself and professional suburban women / men who are not part of the 'leftist agenda'? As for derailing stuff, this Administration has managed to keep the Left's national debt clock in overdrive, so I wouldn't even go that far.

Sorry, I do not read you as an independent. Your posts demonstrate otherwise. Come on Mr. Civics, you know Congress is all about the pursestrings. The President proposes the budget. I wasn't crazy about Bush spending like a drunken sailor, Obama jumped ass-first after him. The deficit just keeps growing, and that needs to be nipped.

Back to independents, a lot more are getting tired of the Left's shenanigans. And they are the ones to come out like gangbusters.

casinterest

Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Trump is continuing to prove that he is unfit for office. Further obstruction of justice. Trump forgets that the house has oversight concerns. Maybe he still thinks he is a dictator.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html

"Although we have requested those from the ambassador, and the State Department is withholding those messages as well," Schiff said. “Those messages are also deeply relevant to this investigation and the impeachment inquiry.”

Schiff continued:

"The failure to produce this witness, the failure to produce these documents we consider yet additional strong evidence of obstruction of the constitutional functions of Congres
Where ever you go, there you are.

einsteinboricua

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:17 pm

Such an innocent guy that made a perfect call, yet he wants no one to know of the details of that phone call that was so perfect it was unbelievable...because it was a perfect call.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:31 pm

KFTG wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Stephen Cohen, writer for The Nation, husband of Katrina van den Heuvel, no Trumpist, says it was various intelligence agencies that set out to destroy Trump.

So they laid the bait, and Trump took the bait. Says more about your "very stable genius", owner of a "very good brain" than it does about that "deep state".
You elected a moron. Own it.

Funny thing, I didn’t vote for him, so nothing to own.

Then, Clinton campaign used the Ukraine government.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446

GF

Aaron747

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:06 pm

extender wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Sorry, I do not read you as an independent. Your posts demonstrate otherwise. Come on Mr. Civics, you know Congress is all about the pursestrings. The President proposes the budget. I wasn't crazy about Bush spending like a drunken sailor, Obama jumped ass-first after him. The deficit just keeps growing, and that needs to be nipped.

Back to independents, a lot more are getting tired of the Left's shenanigans. And they are the ones to come out like gangbusters.

Posts are indicative of nothing - I have voted for Dems, GOP, Libertarians, and I's since unregistering as Democrat in 2002. Have never claimed anything otherwise. Most of my professional circle are typical independents living near a major metropolitan area - they and their employers are tired of the daily circus, and want at least a semi-functional government. That is impossible so long as Narcissist in Chief remains in office and worships his validation feedback-loop base.

Dieuwer
Topic Author

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:11 pm

"Independents".
Is that another, meaningless, drivel word?

casinterest

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:18 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
"Independents".

It's a word for people that can think for themselves, and don't buy the crap that the DNC and RNC and their affiliates are mostly shoveling.

Dieuwer
Topic Author

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:22 pm

casinterest wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
"Independents".

It's a word for people that can think for themselves, and don't buy the crap that the DNC and RNC and their affiliates are mostly shoveling.

I thought there were only two types of voters: Those that do, and those that don't.

casinterest

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:33 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
"Independents".

I thought there were only two types of voters: Those that do, and those that don't.

Independent has nothing to do with a binary choice that you have given.

ER757

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
"Independents".

To me, it has meaning. It describes someone not beholden to either the "D" or "R" party. I for one have never voted straight ticket in my life. There are parts of each party's platforms I agree with and parts I disagree with. Candidates within each of the major parties more strongly support some planks in their platform and less strongly support others. Depending on where they fall on each issue helps me decide which candidate (if any) gets my vote for a particular office. When neither does, so be it - as an example, I voted for neither Trump nor Clinton in 2016

DL717

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:00 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Not even close.

Sure...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d'état

It need not be sudden or violent. “Coup” for short.

While we’re on the subject of spelling, a chicken “coop” is spelled a bit differently.

johnboy

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:22 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

I guess I should point out the obvious, viz. we’re assuming this perhaps-sentient being is from and/or living in the US.

SteelChair

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:11 pm

“There are no felonies, there are no Impeachable offenses. The Constitution’s very clear that you need bribery, treason, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. You can’t be impeached for the conduct that’s been alleged in this case.” Alan Dershowitz

Aaron747

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:37 pm

SteelChair wrote:
“There are no felonies, there are no Impeachable offenses. The Constitution’s very clear that you need bribery, treason, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. You can’t be impeached for the conduct that’s been alleged in this case.” Alan Dershowitz

How did this guy ever teach law anywhere? Alexander Hamilton made it clear as day they were using the political definition of ‘high crimes’ stemming from English common law in Federalist no. 65: The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself. - Publius

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed65.asp

In that sense ‘high crimes’ do not require an actual violation of any statute, thus it is not required by the Constitution. ‘High’ in ye Olde English denotes the peculiar nature of executive office, not an extraordinary criminal act. The only logical interpretation is the framers intended the phrase to cover offenses of abuse of office and/or oath.

https://www.crf-usa.org/impeachment/hig ... anors.html

BN747

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:27 am

BN747 wrote:

Tuesday:

BN747

Tuesday: Ok..maybe not Syria. 2) The Congress is performing illegal activities.
Wednesday: ___________________just give him a minute.

BN747

BN747

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:35 am

BN747 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Tuesday:

BN747

Tuesday: Ok..maybe not Syria. 2) The Congress is performing illegal activities.
Wednesday: ___________________just give him a minute.

BN747

Then there's this ...
Why Trump is too arrogant to be impeached and will probably resign
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/why-tr ... ly-resign/
.....just as I said yesterday, doesn't mean it's true. But some who haven't taken their eye of his Ego act by chasing shiny balls are sensing something about him..a truth about his nature.

BN747

Dieuwer
Topic Author

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:05 am

Resigning is admitting failure. Trump not gonna do that.

Aaron747

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:16 am

Dieuwer wrote:

It’s more face-saving than having impeachment proceedings as part of his legacy. He has a pattern throughout his life of saving face - payoffs for silence, changing his tune on things he was wrong about (never mentions birther stuff or 9/11 conspiracy today), seeking overseas lenders instead of declaring bankruptcy, etc.

Dieuwer
Topic Author

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:22 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

It’s more face-saving than having impeachment proceedings as part of his legacy. He has a pattern throughout his life of saving face - payoffs for silence, changing his tune on things he was wrong about (never mentions birther stuff or 9/11 conspiracy today), seeking overseas lenders instead of declaring bankruptcy, etc.

Trump will do anything in his power to derail the impeachment proceedings.

alfa164

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:25 am

Dieuwer wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

That is no doubt true. But his power - and his mental acuity, definitely - is diminishing every day, as the public supports the impeachment proceeding by growing numbers, and as members of his own party start to question his moves and his motives.

Aaron747

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:29 am

Dieuwer wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

True, but the Constitution is clear about how the process works. There is political precedent for voting on inquiries but not legal - the Constitution requires the House to only vote on articles of impeachment, prior to that their process is up to their internal deliberations according to Article I.