caliboy93
Topic Author

Trump and Nobel Prize

Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:27 pm

Trump has long talked about his desire to win the Nobel Peace Prize, does he deserve it though?

ltbewr

Re: Trump and Nobel Prize

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:24 pm

Trump should get the No-Bell or Ing-nobel Prize.
He is the antithesis of anyone who should receive it due to his vile racism, sexism, anti-Islamic and other hatred he spouts. I also think no US President should get it for their warmongering and support of countries who have bad human rights records, have polices that suppress certain persons, or lack of health care, too many killed by gun and other violence, and so on. I think the next recipient, if eligible should be the young woman climate activist.

Dutchy

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:43 pm

caliboy93 wrote:
Trump has long talked about his desire to win the Nobel Peace Prize, does he deserve it though?

No, next.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

BravoOne

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:
caliboy93 wrote:

No, next.

Flame bait:)

Aesma

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:56 pm

What peace has he achieved ? Wasn't he warmongering at the UN pulpit a couple days ago ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

ChrisKen

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:57 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Trump should get the No-Bell or Ing-nobel Prize.

If you meant an Ig Nobel, then scratch that. They're actually quite serious/worthy awards. For Improbable research/honour achievements that first make people laugh, and then make them think.

As for the OP, no.

scbriml

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:03 pm

If there was a Nobel Prize for lying, Trump would be a slam-dunk to win it.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Redd

Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:42 am

Should Trump get the Nobel Prize?

TSS

Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:30 am

ltbewr wrote:
I think the next recipient, if eligible should be the young woman climate activist.

Seriously? You think the over-emotional and ridiculously histrionic ("You've stolen my childhood!!!" :roll: erm, you can thank your parents for that, young lady) teenage girl deserves a Nobel Prize for the absurdly melodramatic show she put on at the UN? Come on, man, get real. You may not have seen that act before but I have. Just go to a "Rededication Service" or similar at an Evangelical church where teenagers, mostly girls, get up in front of the whole congregation and talk about how they're gonna "rededicate their lives to Jesus" and you'll get to see the exact same act but with a different script and, it must be said, generally better actresses playing the lead role(s).

If she had presented a workable and affordable solution to climate change or even just one aspect of it to the UN, that might indeed be worthy of a Nobel prize, but a 16-year-old scolding the UN because the world she lives in doesn't quite measure up to her lofty standards and not offering any reasonable, rational ways to fix it is ludicrous. The only thing her performance was worthy of is whoever booked her to appear losing their credentials.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Kiwirob

Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:47 am

I'd bet 1000nok on it that that silly Swedish girl will get the peace prise within 5 years.

Dutchy

Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:56 am

TSS wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
I think the next recipient, if eligible should be the young woman climate activist.

Seriously? You think the over-emotional and ridiculously histrionic ("You've stolen my childhood!!!" :roll: erm, you can thank your parents for that, young lady) teenage girl deserves a Nobel Prize for the absurdly melodramatic show she put on at the UN? Come on, man, get real. You may not have seen that act before but I have. Just go to a "Rededication Service" or similar at an Evangelical church where teenagers, mostly girls, get up in front of the whole congregation and talk about how they're gonna "rededicate their lives to Jesus" and you'll get to see the exact same act but with a different script and, it must be said, generally better actresses playing the lead role(s).

If she had presented a workable and affordable solution to climate change or even just one aspect of it to the UN, that might indeed be worthy of a Nobel prize, but a 16-year-old scolding the UN because the world she lives in doesn't quite measure up to her lofty standards and not offering any reasonable, rational ways to fix it is ludicrous. The only thing her performance was worthy of is whoever booked her to appear losing their credentials.

wow, which nerve did she touch with you?

TSS

Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:51 am

Dutchy wrote:
TSS wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

The one that flares up when a teenager goes on a long, impassioned rant that is all sound and fury, significant of nothing and a large portion of the world acts not only as if they haven't seen teenagers do this many times before but also as if the rant was a revelation.

tommy1808

Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:59 am

scbriml wrote:

Or for forming the largest criminal conspiracy in government since Propaganda Due in Italy ...

TSS wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
TSS wrote:

The one that flares up when a teenager goes on a long, impassioned rant that is all sound and fury, significant of nothing and a large portion of the world acts not only as if they haven't seen teenagers do this many times before but also as if the rant was a revelation.

She got people to listen to the rants of a teenager, which all by itself is a nice accomplishment.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:46 am

TSS wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

This is very easy to understand. If you are offended by her remarks, there is nothing for you to think about anyway as you are not the intended audience. This is not a problem.

scbriml wrote:

Heh, not if it is for lying convincingly...
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

Maloak33

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:32 am

TSS wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Totally agree with you....just another teenager ranting and raving because things are not going her way.

Mal
Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most.

Redd

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:40 am

Dutchy wrote:
TSS wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

I have to say that I feel similarly to TSS, without the anger. The girl hasn't done anything or offered a solution, and to add to all of that her melodrama is nothing short of amusing. When did we all agree that we can degrade the Nobel Prize by awarding it to people who have done nothing except have 15 minutes of fame?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad young people are becoming passionate about our environment and preserving it for generations to come, but there are people who are really doing amazing things out there that may actually get us out of this mess we've gotten ourselves into. How about Elon Musk for a suggestion, he literally brought about a revolution in the auto industry, and because of him alone all of the worlds major automakers are now serious about electric vehicles, and as a consequense of that governments are investing hundreds of millions into infrastructure, and because of that millions of people have become inspired about the technology that can offer a solution to our climate problems.

Or some pimply whiny teenager of course, but you'd have to be completely thoughtless to support that idea. Completely.

Dutchy

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:59 am

Redd wrote:
I have to say that I feel similarly to TSS, without the anger. The girl hasn't done anything or offered a solution, and to add to all of that her melodrama is nothing short of amusing. When did we all agree that we can degrade the Nobel Prize by awarding it to people who have done nothing except have 15 minutes of fame?

I didn't say she must get a Nobel Peace Prize, I do say I think it is quite brave that she does, what she does. She says to the adult generation: act now, solve the problem. It is not her generation that caused the problems. Raising awareness to the singles biggest problem of our time and inspire a whole generation to stand up is quite a feat in itself.

Malala Yousafzai was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize when she was 17. And I do think that she would be more entitled - although you can't be entitled to honor like this - than Barrak Obama for instance. So who knows, she might get it after all.

FatCat

Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:58 pm

caliboy93 wrote:

McDonalds' fast food chain has long talked about their desire to serve burgers made with Rat Meat, does they have to though?
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

einsteinboricua

Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:06 pm

Count me in as another person who thinks Greta Thunberg doesn't deserve the NPP, at least not yet. Bring forth solutions as well. Let's see more than just striking and blunt speeches. When Malala was awarded the prize, she already had her credentials for it by being not just an advocate, but also by working with the cause. Like Redd, I am glad she found a cause and is persistent on it and I sincerely hope she is able to be an agent of change, but there's more to a prize than harshly criticizing people, especially when it's not an easy decision (if going green were easy, governments would have done it already).

As for Trump winning the prize...I think I have a better chance to be struck by lightning in the PNW than he is. If you have to effectively beg for the prize, then you've lost all claims to it.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

zkojq

Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:
TSS wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

It's a classic case of Greta Derangement Syndrome
First to fly the 787-9

mham001

Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Keyword is "peace". The girl is not in that category. Nobels have not had credibility for much more than a political statement, glaringly highlighted by Obama's peace prize. Rather than being a yearly thing, they should just hold it until somebody worthy actually comes around.

casinterest

Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:59 pm

mham001 wrote:
Keyword is "peace". The girl is not in that category. Nobels have not had credibility for much more than a political statement, glaringly highlighted by Obama's peace prize. Rather than being a yearly thing, they should just hold it until somebody worthy actually comes around.

Don't let Trump hear you. He wants it very badly. Rumor has it that he is willing to resort to extortion to get it.
Where ever you go, there you are.

extender

Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Once they gave it to Obama, the prize became a doorstop, a paper weight.

President Obama did reduce the number of US soldiers fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq, but he dramatically expanded the air wars and the use of special operations forces around the globe. In 2016, US special operators could be found in 70% of the world’s nations, 138 countries – a staggering jump of 130% since the days of the Bush administration

Link

einsteinboricua

Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:35 pm

zkojq wrote:

This is why rational conversations are a thing of the past. Because as soon as someone says something that someone else disagrees with, the counterargument is usually an ad-hominem one. People here have various opinions as to why Greta Thunberg, but I haven't seen anything that borders on "derangement syndrome". No one here has gone to lengths comparable to the guest that Fox News had that called her a mentally ill person (for which Fox News had to apologize).

Stating that she is not worthy of a Nobel prize because of her "you took my childhood, how dare you?!" speech isn't derangement; it's actually an acceptable premise to argue. I can go to Congress and slam politicians who are doing nothing to address climate change or student/medical debt, but that won't make me worthy of the Congressional Gold Medal or the Presidential Medal of Freedom unless I have a history championing the cause.

This is just like back a few years ago when we had a lot of pro-Israel members and even the slightest criticism of Israel meant having to carry the label anti-Semite.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Aesma

Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:15 pm

Greta is offering solutions, she says we all know what the solutions are, we just don't want to apply them, because it would mean making an effort. An inconvenient truth.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

WarRI1

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:39 pm

There are no adequate printable words to describe my thoughts on this matter. :boggled:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:45 pm

Why not, Obama got the Peace Prize while bombing all sorts of people. Trump hasn’t yet matched Obama’s kill record.

GF

Dieuwer

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:52 pm

The Nobel Peace Prize should be abolished. I had been smeared beyond recognition by handing it out repeatedly to wholy undeserving people.

Aaron747

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:53 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Why not, Obama got the Peace Prize while bombing all sorts of people. Trump hasn’t yet matched Obama’s kill record.

GF

To be historically accurate - he was awarded the prize after spending several of his first months in office admitting US policy has not always been correct and promoting further cooperation. Also it was long rumored the Nobel committee saw his very election as a cementing of American values coming of age as an example to the world. The renditions, regime changes, and stepped up drone bombing campaigns maiming many innocents came after
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Spar

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:57 pm

scbriml wrote:

Now there's an idea.

If we could present a petition with a billion signatures maybe we could induce the Committee to award such a prize to a deserving individual. I think it's doable.

Maybe half of the US, most Latin Americans (but skip the nativos, they have other concerns), three quarters of Canada; we could easily pick up a couple of hundred million signatures from Europeans, then there's Britain; they would be nearly unanimous is my guess. If we can get signatures in China, we're over the top.

Is there anyone in the forum with some organizational skills and a whole lot of money?

This is your hour.

BN747

Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:13 am

Maloak33 wrote:
TSS wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Seriously? You think the over-emotional and ridiculously histrionic ("You've stolen my childhood!!!" :roll: erm, you can thank your parents for that, young lady) teenage girl deserves a Nobel Prize for the absurdly melodramatic show she put on at the UN? Come on, man, get real.
Mal

TSS wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Kiwirob wrote:
I'd bet 1000nok on it that that silly Swedish girl will get the peace prise within 5 years.

Redd wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad young people are becoming passionate about our environment and preserving it for generations to come, but there are people who are really doing amazing things out there that may actually get us out of this mess we've gotten ourselves into. How about Elon Musk for a suggestion, he literally brought about a revolution in the auto industry, and because of him alone all of the worlds major automakers are now serious about electric vehicles, and as a consequense of that governments are investing hundreds of millions into infrastructure, and because of that millions of people have become inspired about the technology that can offer a solution to our climate problems.

Or some pimply whiny teenager of course, but you'd have to be completely thoughtless to support that idea. Completely.

I must admit that I'm shocked at the scorn set upon a teenage girl who became a popular face of the Climate Change movement.

Had any of you, ANY of you were the focal point of any movement of awareness of this kind, at her age - achieved what she has or David Hogg, the Parkland kid...it is not short of amazement and gutsy given most people of that age (and every single one of you critics here) would crap your pants with all that spotlight on you - and asked to speak PUBLICLY, you'd all lock up like a semi pumping brakes on the freeway.

What is wrong with you people?

Yes, she and David Hogg are far more qualified for Nobel Prize than a lying nutcase leader of this country or any other.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

TSS

Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:43 am

BN747 wrote:
I must admit that I'm shocked at the scorn set upon a teenage girl who became a popular face of the Climate Change movement.

Had any of you, ANY of you were the focal point of any movement of awareness of this kind, at her age - achieved what she has or David Hogg, the Parkland kid...it is not short of amazement and gutsy given most people of that age (and every single one of you critics here) would crap your pants with all that spotlight on you - and asked to speak PUBLICLY, you'd all lock up like a semi pumping brakes on the freeway.

Yes, she and David Hogg are far more qualified for Nobel Prize than a lying nutcase leader of this country or any other.

BN747

And this ^ , ladies and gentlemen, is exactly what the Climate Change movement wanted when they selected Ms. Thunberg as their spokesperson/mascot- A free pass against any criticism because their "popular face" is an emotional teenage girl. Experienced scientists with reams of data to back up their sound and logical conclusions can be challenged left, right, and center without a peep of an objection from any quarter, but the unfounded conclusions and unrealistic admonishments of a teenage girl seemingly on the verge of tears can't be challenged because people will shout "How could you be so cruel!?! She's just a little girl!!! You should be ashamed of yourself!!!". Due to her age and lack of life experience I don't doubt that she had no idea what she was getting herself into, but conversely because of their age and wealth of life experience I feel sure that her parents and the other people responsible for sending her to the UN to speak on climate change knew EXACTLY what they were doing: They callously and without regard for her well-being used a nervous teenage girl as a literal human shield against any critique of their cause. They are the ones who should be ashamed of themselves.

That adults, many of whom I know have been around the block more than a few times and ought to know unvarnished BS when they see it, don't recognize this as the blatantly manipulative tactic that it clearly is, is stunning to me.

That the Climate Change movement would stoop to use such a cynical, underhanded, and nakedly self-serving tactic against criticism smacks of desperation and, much more so than anything else, makes me seriously question the validity of their agenda.
Last edited by TSS on Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron747

Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:46 am

TSS wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

And this ^ , ladies and gentlemen, is exactly what the Climate Change movement wanted when they selected Ms. Thunberg as their spokesperson/mascot- A free pass against any criticism because their "popular face" is an emotional teenage girl. Experienced scientists with reams of data to back up their sound and logical conclusions can be challenged left, right, and center without a peep of an objection from any quarter, but the unfounded conclusions and unrealistic admonishments of a teenage girl seemingly on the verge of tears can't be challenged because people will shout "How could you be so cruel!?! She's just a little girl!!! You should be ashamed of yourself!!!". Due to her age and lack of life experience I don't doubt that she had no idea what she was getting herself into, but conversely because of their age and wealth of life experience I feel sure that her parents and the other people responsible for sending her to the UN to speak on climate change knew EXACTLY what they were doing: They callously and without regard for her well-being used a nervous teenage girl as a literal human shield against any critique of their cause. They are the ones who should be ashamed of themselves.

That adults, many of whom I know have been around the block more than a few times and ought to know unvarnished BS when they see it, don't recognize this as the blatantly manipulative tactic that it clearly is, is stunning to me.

That the Climate Change movement would stoop to use such a cynical, underhanded, and nakedly self-serving tactic against criticism smacks of desperation and, much more so than anything else, makes me seriously question the validity of their agenda.

I find it bizarre to call something apolitical happening all around us a ‘movement’. There is a movement regarding what to do about it - but changing climate and associated phenomena are happening in our world whether we have a ‘movement’ or not.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

TSS

Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:55 am

Aaron747 wrote:
TSS wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

I find it bizarre to call something apolitical happening all around us a ‘movement’. There is a
movement around what to do about it - but it’s happening on our world whether we have a ‘movement’ or not.

Hold on to something there, Aaron747... on that point, you and I agree.

Dieuwer

Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:24 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
zkojq wrote:

This is why rational conversations are a thing of the past. Because as soon as someone says something that someone else disagrees with, the counterargument is usually an ad-hominem one. People here have various opinions as to why Greta Thunberg, but I haven't seen anything that borders on "derangement syndrome". No one here has gone to lengths comparable to the guest that Fox News had that called her a mentally ill person (for which Fox News had to apologize).

Stating that she is not worthy of a Nobel prize because of her "you took my childhood, how dare you?!" speech isn't derangement; it's actually an acceptable premise to argue. I can go to Congress and slam politicians who are doing nothing to address climate change or student/medical debt, but that won't make me worthy of the Congressional Gold Medal or the Presidential Medal of Freedom unless I have a history championing the cause.

This is just like back a few years ago when we had a lot of pro-Israel members and even the slightest criticism of Israel meant having to carry the label anti-Semite.

+1

WarRI1

Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:24 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Has a lying manipulating Buffoon ever won before???? Enlighten me.

BN747

Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:34 am

TSS wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Since you know how to properly channel the required message to get the attention of everyone from the common knucklehead to the most prominent climate change vanguard, what's stopping you from ceasing Greta Thunberg's thunder and leading a movement for/against in her stead.

But to slam a 15yo girl for having the stones what none of you dare not do...is my aim. To dunk on her these 'other' MEN have done here..is disturbing to say the least.
Jealousy? Understood...but 'jealous of a kid in the spotlight, well there's no words to explain a sane adult trashing a kid like I've seen her...that's tragic.

Were she a little Nazi, I could see that but this is antithetical those like minds.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

WarRI1

Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:44 am

BN747 wrote:
TSS wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Since you know how to properly channel the required message to get the attention of everyone from the common knucklehead to the most prominent climate change vanguard, what's stopping you from ceasing Greta Thunberg's thunder and leading a movement for/against in her stead.

But to slam a 15yo girl for having the stones what none of you dare not do...is my aim. To dunk on her these 'other' MEN have done here..is disturbing to say the least.
Jealousy? Understood...but 'jealous of a kid in the spotlight, well there's no words to explain a sane adult trashing a kid like I've seen her...that's tragic.

Were she a little Nazi, I could see that but this is antithetical those like minds.

BN747

I most certainly agree, these folks are rather pathetic in their criticism of a young girl defending her future quality of life while they defend this moronic corrupt idiot we have for a president. :shock:

ltbewr

Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:26 am

It is unfortunate that my suggestion that Ms. Thunberg is someone who should be considered for the Nobel Peace Prize in the future for her activism as to the climate change crises triggered such negative reactions. I was trying to give an example of someone who is far more deserving than any modern USA President. Trump indeed prosecutes wars in the ME, Afghanistan, and encourages it in others like Ukraine and Russia, he has done very unpeaceful things as to asylum seekers and those that entered/reside in the USA illegally with cruel treatment, he is openly racist and done little to really to the USA's benefit in other ways.

Ms. Thunberg's sometimes emotional but indeed important calls of attention to the climate change crises has encouraged millions last week, the overwhelming majority children and teens like her, to turn out in protest around the world for governments to take action now and in the near future to reduce the risks and harms from climate change. She and Billions of other people will end up likely living with the affects of climate change, so it is personal to her and many others. Indeed trying to reduce the results of climate change is one of the greatest challenges we face in this century and to deal with it may lead to a better, more peaceful world as changes happen there will be battles for land, water and food. That is a good reason to have her as a potential recipient as is encouraging peace in the long run.

TSS

Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:41 am

WarRI1 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
TSS wrote:

BN747

I most certainly agree, these folks are rather pathetic in their criticism of a young girl defending her future quality of life while they defend this moronic corrupt idiot we have for a president. :shock:

Though this linked video was posted four days ago I only came across it just now. I really wish I'd seen it sooner because posting it earlier would have saved me a lot of typing. Do I think Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize? No, of course not. But if there was a Nobel Prize for trolling, I think Trump would be a solid contender for this year based on this one tweet alone. Tying up this whole thread in a neat little bow by commenting on Trump's impression of Ms. Thunberg...

Donald Trump Implodes Lefty Heads With Greta Tweet- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSxa20RC3WU

scbriml

Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:38 am

extender wrote:
Once they gave it to Obama, the prize became a doorstop, a paper weight.

WarRI1 wrote:
I most certainly agree, these folks are rather pathetic in their criticism of a young girl defending her future quality of life while they defend this moronic corrupt idiot we have for a president.

It's an unsurprising correlation.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

LittleSprocket

Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:37 pm

To be honest, the Nobel Peace Prize has become an outdate and worthless mechanism for honoring those that have contributed the most towards world peace. That is what happens when you award it to someone that had done nothing besides being elected president. Can anyone tell me what the drone-striker in Chief did to bring about world peace? North Korea and Iran stepped up their nonsense under his Presidency and ISIS pretty much existed due to the vacuum created from us withdrawing from Iraq before their military was ready.

Personally, I don’t think ANY politician should get that award.

Redd

Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:00 pm

BN747 wrote:

BN747

I don't think you understand in the slightest why people are dismissing her. It's because she hasn't done anything. She's important because the media has made her important, kind of like Kim Kardashian but with a climate friendly twist. Keeping that fact in mind, the pathetic nature of support she's getting by overly emotional hero worshippers without any need for substance.

There are people out there who have accomplished so much in terms of fighting climate change, and the face of the movement becomes a privileged (and I mention privileged because she apparently believes her childhood has been stolen from her) little melodramatic brat from Sweden. And then people like you are ''shocked'' and spew fake melodrama when someone points out the irony of someone with no merit being the face of the climate change movement.

BN747

Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Redd wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

I don't think you understand in the slightest why people are dismissing her. It's because she hasn't done anything.

And right there is your problem.

What had you accomplished by 15?

Best thing I can remember achieving at 15 was when after gym class, I walked behind a yakkidie cheerleader surrounded by hordes of students (we had an open air pavilion as lunching/meals area) and slung a sordid jockstrap over her face. Sure was a hit but scorching and searing embarrassment for her, I've seen her since at HS reunions - she forgives me and I steal feel awful about it - it's one of those things I wish I could take back.

That is no kind of accomplishment for 15yo other than insensitive foolishness.

..but 15, as I stated earlier, at that age she has accomplished MORE than anyone reading this. Sure, the internet made her, it gave her notoriety...but that is the center of our world today, I'd she understands that better than you. Hell, most of us.

BN747

Redd

Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:02 am

BN747 wrote:

Best thing I can remember achieving at 15 was when after gym class, I walked behind a yakkidie cheerleader surrounded by hordes of students (we had an open air pavilion as lunching/meals area) and slung a sordid jockstrap over her face. Sure was a hit but scorching and searing embarrassment for her, I've seen her since at HS reunions - she forgives me and I steal feel awful about it - it's one of those things I wish I could take back.

..but 15, as I stated earlier, at that age she has accomplished MORE than anyone reading this. Sure, the internet made her, it gave her notoriety...but that is the center of our world today, I'd she understands that better than you. Hell, most of us.

BN747

Good story, gave me a good laugh.

I don't know how old you are, but if you are assuming that a 16 year old understands the world better than you do, you have either led a life of idleness or have a lower opinion of yourself than you should, or have some serious issues with idolization, which circles right back to you having a very low opinion of your own self.

I'd suggest not painting people with your own brush, I had accomplished quite a bit as a young lad as I'm sure many on this forum had as well. Equating 15 minutes of fame to life experience and a thorough understanding of the world is quite absurd, to be honest.

1989worstyear

Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:13 am

TSS wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

16 is an adult.
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

BN747

Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:27 am

Redd wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Good story, gave me a good laugh.

I don't know how old you are, but if you are assuming that a 16 year old understands the world better than you do, you have either led a life of idleness or have a lower opinion of yourself than you should, or have some serious issues with idolization, which circles right back to you having a very low opinion of your own self.

I'd suggest not painting people with your own brush, I had accomplished quite a bit as a young lad as I'm sure many on this forum had as well. Equating 15 minutes of fame to life experience and a thorough understanding of the world is quite absurd, to be honest.

You are welcome to the laugh..but you completely missed my point made in my earlier post.

I was saying because the internet made her..she more than likely has a comprehension beyond your or me or many here in 'capturing' internet fandom, recognition, global assemby better, faster and more effectively than us cyber dinosaurs. They are the general embracing and promoting the 'like, not like' mentality far beyond Most people over 40.

She and many 15yo and under were born and grew up in the cyber age, she'll know more than you did at age 30 at her current rate of exposure and interaction.

It's nothing to be ashamed of..I'm already unnerved after seeing a 2 year old standing in a chair working an iPad as her parents order their meal.

When you see that you see a future generation..a generation with access to information at a younger age that few of us have ever had. It's just the future...no need to be alarmed, unless you're threatened by it.

BN747

BN747

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:07 am

And for clarity sake, 'being unnerved' is coming from a guy with 3 laptops 4 Mac Pro desktop towers, not rookie is the cyber/tech realm.

BN747

B777LRF

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:28 am

The crux, nee the entirety, of his arguments seems to be: "Obama got one, I want one too".

If there ever was any doubt as to the petulant and infantile working of his 'mind', this one should clear any doubts.

PS
Just to be clear, I don't think Obama earned his Nobel price. It was a political gesture to the first president in the US who wasn't white, nothing more or less.
Signature. You just read one.

bgm

Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:13 am

B777LRF wrote:
The crux, nee the entirety, of his arguments seems to be: "Obama got one, I want one too".

If there ever was any doubt as to the petulant and infantile working of his 'mind', this one should clear any doubts.

PS
Just to be clear, I don't think Obama earned his Nobel price. It was a political gesture to the first president in the US who wasn't white, nothing more or less.

Exactly. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand why they awarded it.

Trump clearly has an inferiority complex when it comes to Obama. It's quite amusing (and pathetic) to observe. He knows he will never have even half the class, dignity, or integrity that his predecessor had. Judging by his actions, it consumes him.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]