Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

sonicruiser
Topic Author

Fiery UN speech by Pakistan PM Imran Khan

Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:08 am

Absolutely gripping speech. Watching that almost felt like I was there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyaQgnQCQ5k
شما می توانید مردم را تحریم کنید ، اما نمی توانید سبک تحریم را اعمال کنید

You can sanction people, but you can't sanction style

Aaron747

Re: Fiery UN speech by Pakistan PM Imran Khan

Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:10 am

Cricketer extraordinaire he is no more - this guy knows exactly how to make an effective political appearance.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

sonicruiser
Topic Author

Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:08 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Cricketer extraordinaire he is no more - this guy knows exactly how to make an effective political appearance.

It was the most anticipated UN speech in Pakistan's history and is now the third most viewed speech this year. It did not disappoint.

Turkey-359K
Iran-326K
Pakistan-317K.
شما می توانید مردم را تحریم کنید ، اما نمی توانید سبک تحریم را اعمال کنید

You can sanction people, but you can't sanction style

NIKV69

Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:18 pm

Still the best speech in any political forum. Bibi's calling Rouhani a wolf in sheep's clothing at the UN general assembly. Pure leadership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCDcdnEjJHA
I am the Googlizer!!!

Spar

Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:02 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Still the best speech in any political forum. Bibi's calling Rouhani a wolf in sheep's clothing at the UN general assembly. Pure leadership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCDcdnEjJHA

Yea right. He starts in immediately with the Zionist line: "we are an ancient people": come on, we all have the same ancestors - right?
This "children of God", is all BS, we know that - don't we?

Netanyahu was using religious myth to lay the ground for Israel's special privilege: to exterminate the original natives of the Levant (an ancient people) and steal their land.
Jews are a "special people - right? Just ask Bibi, he'll tell you. It's amazing that this kind of hucksterism can still be sold in the 21st century.

If ever there were a "wolf in sheep's' clothing", it would have been the Russian emigres to Palestine circa 1890, who were pretending to be refugees (and so were welcomed by the unknowing Palestinians). Actually these "refugees" were invaders with a conscious plan to take over the land and eject the current inhabitants.

Aesma

Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:27 pm

I haven't watched it yet, just the bullet points, but isn't he basically saying that he has no power over anything, and that the west should solve all problems, including ones in his own country ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Spar

Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:09 am

Aesma wrote:
I haven't watched it yet, just the bullet points, but isn't he basically saying that he has no power over anything, and that the west should solve all problems, including ones in his own country ?
He does say that he wants the west to "help" them and then he harps about the interest his country is obligated to pay on its national debt.
I think he should take an economics class.

He is also seriously hung up about religion and demands that everyone else adjust their behavior to accommodate his people's fantasies. He insists that no one make fun of allah or Muhammad or whoever. To me that's getting a foot in the door to craziness, much like Netanyahu.

He also tries to slip out of any responsibility for the Taliban. he says that there are no international terrorism coming from Pakistan (paraphrased) but he doesn't acknowledge that the Taliban use Pakistan as a staging ground for their war in Afghanistan. He claims that there is no such thing as extremist Muslims.

He has a nice demeanor, but his message is a bit fraudulent, or poorly thought out to be nice about it.

Aaron747

Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:49 am

Spar wrote:
Aesma wrote:
He does say that he wants the west to "help" them and then he harps about the interest his country is obligated to pay on its national debt.
I think he should take an economics class.

They are getting a lot of financial assistance from Saudi. I think he’a referring mostly to wanting western help with India.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty