Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ArchGuy1
Topic Author

Alternate History of Hillary Clinton being President

Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:34 am

What would America and the world look like if Hillary Clinton became the 45th President of the United States in the 2016 Presidential Election. How would the course of history change.

777222LR

Re: Alternate History of Hillary Clinton being President

Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:34 am

It would be completely different, and a little more sane and stable. Like her or not... Don't believe me? Just check out the president's twitter feed.

BN747

Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:16 am

Pros:
1)Women would be more confident than ever of their place in the American Experiment. Everyone needs the highest endorsement of acceptance in any society, the feeling that whatever your gender, race, sex, sexual preference - you are an accepted, recognized , equal member of societies. Millions of young girls, women, your sisters, mothers, cousins, nieces would cease to dream of the day of a female president.

You cannot put a price on that psychological boost to those can relate to it.

2) US resident/reporter Jamal Khashoggi would be alive....or Saudi Arabia would be on our sh*tlist instead of our terrorist BFFs.

3) Putin, Erdogan, Dueterte, Lil' Kim, Bosonaro and Euro Nazis would be HATING America right now.

4). Afghanisan would still be doing what they're doing now.

5) China would be feeling a entirely different (non-tariff) a heat from America (see Hong Kong protest).

6) American infrastructure would be humming as long as Republicans would allow it (they of course, would not).

7) No one would know who Brett Kavanaugh is or was.

8) Neil Gorsach would be on the Supreme Court.

9) There'd be no children in cages, yes there'd still be illegals crossing but we'd the Humane America that we were...when America was Great!

10) Racists would largely be back in their caves. Race relations would be much better than they are today.

11) They economy would be roaring NYSE would be at about 35,000.

12) Puerto Rico would look as it did before Hurricane Maria.

13) Bahamas would repairing itself with alacrity.

14) Obamacare would be much more improved but fighting Republican resistance. Headed towards medicare for all.

15) Student Loan (limited) reductions/cancellations would be stalled by the Republicans.

16) Free Internet (for all as in Mexico now) for all making ISP's prices a pittance of current prices.

17)Renewable Energy/Green energy roaring ahead.

18) No War on the media by an insane president.

19) The UK, France all European Allies would be assured and confident in America. Even Ukraine would feel much safer.

20). Relations with Cuba 1000x better.

21) Zero secret Russian meetings and ZERO pics or existence of Russian spies in the Oval Office.

22) British Airways would have ordered 40 748s! :highfive:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pro/Con -> Bill Clinton would be fighting dozens of sexual misconduct charges and Mueller might be investigating him. Trey Gowdy certainly would be.
A hard choice for Conservatives to make - Which Is Stronger....Our hate for Bill Clinton or Hating all those Women coming after Men for payback...personally, I say they'll choose hating on Bill first.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cons:

1) Rushlimbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Tucker Carlson would all be right wing superheros dropping their best Hate-on-Women nukes every second.

2)The MSM would be 'doing it' specials nightly...angering more and More conservatives with each broadcast.

3) An booming economy with rightwings wishing for a recession to hit to destroy Hillary. Just as Libs wish now ... to sink president Liar.

4) Can't think things that be awful under her, I'll leave the Righties to list those.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

ArchGuy1
Topic Author

Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:22 am

BN747 wrote:
Pros:
1)Women would be more confident than ever of their place in the American Experiment. Everyone needs the highest endorsement of acceptance in any society, the feeling that whatever your gender, race, sex, sexual preference - you are an accepted, recognized , equal member of societies. Millions of young girls, women, your sisters, mothers, cousins, nieces would cease to dream of the day of a female president.

2) US resident/reporter Jamal Khashoggi would be alive....or Saudi Arabia would be on our sh*tlist instead of our terrorist BFFs.

3) Putin, Erdogan, Dueterte, Lil' Kim, Bosonaro and Euro Nazis would be HATING America right now.

5) China would be feeling a entirely different (non-tariff) a heat from America (see Hong Kong protest).

6) American infrastructure would be humming as long as Republicans would allow it (they of course, would not).

9) There'd be no children in cages, yes there'd still be illegals crossing but we'd the Humane America that we were...when America was Great!

10) Racists would largely be back in their caves. Race relations would be much better than they are today.

14) Obamacare would be much more improved but fighting Republican resistance. Headed towards medicare for all.

15) Student Loan (limited) reductions/cancellations would be stalled by the Republicans.

16) Free Internet (for all as in Mexico now) for all making ISP's prices a pittance of current prices.

19) The UK, France all European Allies would be assured and confident in America. Even Ukraine would feel much safer.

21) British Airways would have ordered 40 748s! :highfive:
Pro/Con -> Bill Clinton would be fighting dozens of sexual misconduct charges and Mueller might be investigating him. Trey Gowdy certainly would be.
A hard choice for Conservatives to make - Which Is Stronger....Our hate for Bill Clinton or Hating all those Women coming after Men for payback...personally, I say they'll choose hating on Bill first.
Cons:

1) Rushlimbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Tucker Carlson would all be right wing superheros dropping their best Hate-on-Women nukes every second.

2)The MSM would be 'doing it' specials nightly...angering more and More conservatives with each broadcast.

3) An booming economy with rightwings wishing for a recession to hit to destroy Hillary. Just as Libs wish now ... to sink president Liar.

4) Can't think things that be awful under her, I'll leave the Righties to list those.

BN747

The Supreme Court would be liberal and Neil Goursch would not be on.

BN747

Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:27 am

ArchGuy1 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Pros:

21) British Airways would have ordered 40 748s! :highfive:
Cons:

BN747

The Supreme Court would be liberal and Neil Goursch would not be on.

OOPS...I meant Merrick Garland, don't cancel my Lib Card for egregious error plz...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

einsteinboricua

Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:09 am

BN747 wrote:
OOPS...I meant Merrick Garland, don't cancel my Lib Card for egregious error plz...

BN747

Uh I don't think Merrick would have made it. If the Senate had still been held by Republicans, we all heard from various senators of their intent to leave the seat open. Had Kennedy also decided to retire under Clinton with a GOP Senate, it would be 2 seats that would need filling.

I can tell you now: Clinton would have faced a disastrous midterm election. With the GOP controlling Congress heading into the 2018 elections, the Senate right now would have lost Tester, and Manchin, and probably Brown, Casey, and Baldwin...and Jones, Synema, and Rosen would probably have not been elected (giving the GOP at a high estimate of 62 Senators, with a similar fate in the House). Congress would have likely blocked anything and everything she proposed, all nominees would have been held, and she would have been hounded by more Benghazi and Email investigations. I seriously don't think the economy would have crashed but nothing would have changed and people would punish her instead of the GOP.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

BN747

Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:36 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Uh I don't think Merrick would have made it. If the Senate had still been held by Republicans, we all heard from various senators of their intent to leave the seat open. Had Kennedy also decided to retire under Clinton with a GOP Senate, it would be 2 seats that would need filling.

I can tell you now: Clinton would have faced a disastrous midterm election. With the GOP controlling Congress heading into the 2018 elections, the Senate right now would have lost Tester, and Manchin, and probably Brown, Casey, and Baldwin...and Jones, Synema, and Rosen would probably have not been elected (giving the GOP at a high estimate of 62 Senators, with a similar fate in the House). Congress would have likely blocked anything and everything she proposed, all nominees would have been held, and she would have been hounded by more Benghazi and Email investigations. I seriously don't think the economy would have crashed but nothing would have changed and people would punish her instead of the GOP.

All of this true!

This ALL fits under my 'Cons' category and is 100% true...every word of it!

BN747

VSMUT

Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:42 am

Read a book series once. Involved a carrier task force of ca 2021 being sent back to 1942. The supercarrier was named USS Hillary Clinton, after the first female president of the US, who was assasinated. She was also the "most uncompromising wartime president ever".

So yeah, that's one alternative history. Somehow also very impressive foresight, since it was written in 2004, and also briefly involves an Islamic State/Khalifate that is overrunning an entire region.

WIederling

Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:51 am

this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapons_of_Choice
Similar premises to "Final Countdown" ?

My expectation at the time was that ( up front )
H. Clinton would hurt the world
and
D.Trump hurt America.

at least we are not in a full blown war (yet? what I'd expected from H.Clinton going forward as POTUS )
Murphy is an optimist

ltbewr

Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:26 pm

If HRC had won, likely with a 1 state margin in the EC, she likely would have been a 1-term President much like Trump could be due to the political craziness she would have occurred by Republicans to hurt her and Trump's has. She would have likely had the mall packed at her inauguration by in particular women

The House and Senate would be controlled by Republicans and likely the house still would have seen the Democrats take control, perhaps by a narrower margin than did in 2018. Likely HRC would veto more bills than Trump has. Frequent gridlock as to the budget and borrowing authority. Brutal battles as to appointments to the Cabinet and courts, especially as to Abortion access, how money was spent in Blue States vs. Red States, but likely offered far more competent officials in her Cabinet. HRC, like Obama with the controversy with him, would have to use Executive Orders and authority to get around Republicans stalemates on a number of issues. No doubt Republicans would try to 'make [her] a one term President', more rounds of investigations by Republican controlled committees of her, her e-mail server and of husband Bill's issues.

While there would be simmering issues as to race with HRC, you wouldn't have a President encouraging White Supremacists racism and extreme anti-foreigner attitudes. HRC would still see backlash to her pushing the removal of memorials connected with the Confederate States of America. Many on the right would see her, as with Obama, as taking the side of Black Americans vs. Police and White voters. We also might not have see the #metoo movement come out that Trump with his history of sexual impropriety was a trigger point for it.

As to Immigration, under HRC we would still see conflicts as to asylum seekers, persons entering and residing here illegally. HRC would have likely kept the Obama policies of tighter enforcement but no 'wall' and likely somewhat better treatment of asylum seekers and detainees.

With Puerto Rico and USVI, while some issues including the massive corruption in PR and the overwhelming damage caused by storms would be there, likely HRC would have taken initial actions of and attitudes on relief far better than Trump did, so a lot fewer dead post-storm.

I don't think there would be much difference in the economy under HRC. Wall Street already bought her and less affects from her on the stock and other markets. Likely we wouldn't see the wholesale destruction of regulations, no big tax break to the rich but instead more for the middle class. She also wouldn't support of destroying the ACA or consumer protections.

The big difference of HRC as President would be with international policy. Likely we would have stayed in the Paris Climate accords, no reversal of the Iran nuke deals, no trade wars with China, no secret meetings with Putin, none with NK's 'dear leader'. Not much difference as to Israel, Saudi Arabia an other countries. For sure she wouldn't be seen as a undiplomatic jerk or joke that Trump is by the world.

For sure Trump would have been back in NYC or his resorts playing a lot more golf, gone back to a relatively obscure life.

dmg626

Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:58 pm

Polyester pant suits would be all the rage as everyone would want to copy her fashion style

afcjets

Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:01 pm

I think Hillary wants to run in 2020. Things are shaping up nicely for her.

max999

Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:00 pm

There would have been Congressional investigations starting on day 1 of her presidency.

Oh wait! That's already happened with Trump even when Republicans had control of Congress.
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.

seb146

Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:23 pm

Racial relations would be much, much worse. Everyone talks about how Portland is awful because of the white supremacists, that would be a disaster. Also, judges and Supreme Court justices would not be seated. Remember that many of Obama's nominees were blocked under McConnell. Mass shootings would still be a thing because Republicans will not allow anything to be done about that ever. In fact, they would probably get worse because right wingers do not ever want to see a female Democrat in the White House. No Republican does.

On the plus side, we would still have sanctions against Russia and the treaty with Iran would still be in place and the California emissions standards also would still be strong as well as EPA standards for everything.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

einsteinboricua

Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:01 pm

ltbewr wrote:
For sure Trump would have been back in NYC or his resorts playing a lot more golf, gone back to a relatively obscure life.

That’s wishful thinking. I’m almost certain Trump would be tweeting every day about how he would have done something, and because he would have been the de facto head of the GOP until the next round of primaries, you’d see him doing Fox News interviews (by phone most likely) to appease the GOP base.

Everyone thought Palin would fade into obscurity after the 2008 election, yet she was instrumental in the rise of the Tea Party...some folks don’t go quietly into the night, and many who do (like Clinton) are always placed in the spotlight because of reasons (“Lock her up”, Crooked Hillary, etc.).

sonicruiser

Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:36 pm

Trump's foreign policy is significantly better than HRC. Hillary would have gone the status quo route, she was literally the secretary of state under Obama. It would've been way too timid to effect any kind of real change in the world and conflicts going on right now may have gotten even worse.

The thing with Trump's foreign policy is that it's a win-win. Most foreign policy issues under Trump can be divided into one of 2 categories:

1. He did what everyone other President was afraid to do but that decision generally is supported by the public. (China Tariffs, talks with NK)

2. He took the totally wrong approach and it backfired, but in the process made the problem so obvious that it exposed itself and no one can ignore it (Excessive loyalty to Israel, Jerusalem, Golan annexation, AIPAC exposed, Netanyahu loses favor after banning congresswomen, US support for Saudi war in Yemen, Trump/Saudi loyalty after Khashoggi)

Iran is a unique issue in that it is the most powerful adversary that the US has had in a long time. It is unconventional because Iran strategizes to a much higher degree than most countries and Trump's current dilemma is likely a result of extensive planning by the Iranians who predicted this outcome long ago and used it to their advantage. They have become increasingly successful in shrinking the number of options that the US, Saudi Arabia, and Israel have to respond. As far as the US-Iran situation stands right now, the US is essentially cornered between military action or an image of weakness and neither is a good option. Iran appears to have gained the upper hand by providing the JCPOA as the only outlet. It is safe to say Iran will be the biggest foreign policy dilemma for the next President so time will tell how it is handled.
شما می توانید مردم را تحریم کنید ، اما نمی توانید سبک تحریم را اعمال کنید

You can sanction people, but you can't sanction style

bgm

Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:18 pm

dmg626 wrote:
Polyester pant suits would be all the rage as everyone would want to copy her fashion style

Thankfully nobody has felt the same about Trump, which is odd considering how well he dresses and that trendsetting hairstyle that people fail to appreciate. Oh well.
If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.

B0pp0

Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:11 pm

sonicruiser wrote:
Trump's foreign policy is significantly better than HRC. Hillary would have gone the status quo route, she was literally the secretary of state under Obama. It would've been way too timid to effect any kind of real change in the world and conflicts going on right now may have gotten even worse.

The thing with Trump's foreign policy is that it's a win-win. Most foreign policy issues under Trump can be divided into one of 2 categories:

1. He did what everyone other President was afraid to do but that decision generally is supported by the public. (China Tariffs, talks with NK)

2. He took the totally wrong approach and it backfired, but in the process made the problem so obvious that it exposed itself and no one can ignore it (Excessive loyalty to Israel, Jerusalem, Golan annexation, AIPAC exposed, Netanyahu loses favor after banning congresswomen, US support for Saudi war in Yemen, Trump/Saudi loyalty after Khashoggi)

Iran is a unique issue in that it is the most powerful adversary that the US has had in a long time. It is unconventional because Iran strategizes to a much higher degree than most countries and Trump's current dilemma is likely a result of extensive planning by the Iranians who predicted this outcome long ago and used it to their advantage. They have become increasingly successful in shrinking the number of options that the US, Saudi Arabia, and Israel have to respond. As far as the US-Iran situation stands right now, the US is essentially cornered between military action or an image of weakness and neither is a good option. Iran appears to have gained the upper hand by providing the JCPOA as the only outlet. It is safe to say Iran will be the biggest foreign policy dilemma for the next President so time will tell how it is handled.

So in which pool does refreezing Cuba fall into. South Florida 1 and Everywhere Else 2? What he did was pretty bad.

A310

Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:34 pm

ArchGuy1 wrote:
What would America and the world look like if Hillary Clinton became the 45th President of the United States in the 2016 Presidential Election. How would the course of history change.

I assume it would have been much like a third Obama term. A few Liberal policies would be passed, however chances are that not much would change, since she would likely have both Chambers of Congress against her (assuming that that the House would not have turned in her favor in 2018, which is rather unsual to happen to a sitting president.). However, the US would still be in the Paris Agreement, and relations with the EU would be slightly better. Perhaps, the US and EU would have negotiated the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, provifing that the EU countries and both Chambers of Congress would approve. If it happened, it would likely be by the end of her first term in office (or perhaps during a hypithetical second term).

She would have approval ratings in the 40s and low 50s for most of her tenue, with a decent chance of being one-term president, as the "party fattigue" factor would play in. Then the big question is who would run against her in the 2020 election?

stl07

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:08 pm

More airlines would still be flying from MIA to Havana
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

WIederling

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:56 pm

bgm wrote:
dmg626 wrote:

Thankfully nobody has felt the same about Trump, which is odd considering how well he dresses and that trendsetting hairstyle that people fail to appreciate. Oh well.

Not everybody has a problem with hiding his/her alien infestation. :-))
( reminds me of that nice movie with the other Donald ( Sutherland ))
Murphy is an optimist

TTailedTiger

Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:52 pm

BN747 wrote:
Pros:

21) Zero secret Russian meetings and ZERO pics or existence of Russian spies in the Oval Office.

Cons:

BN747

This tells me everything I need to know. Thinking Hillary would have had a hurricane ruined Puerto Rico completely restored in such a short amount of time is just unbelievable and a sign of someone who isn't living in reality. But good news for you, this is the last you will hear from me. You have thoroughly convinced me that you are either trolling or there is something much sadder going on. See ya.

seb146

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:25 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
This tells me everything I need to know. Thinking Hillary would have had a hurricane ruined Puerto Rico completely restored in such a short amount of time is just unbelievable and a sign of someone who isn't living in reality. But good news for you, this is the last you will hear from me. You have thoroughly convinced me that you are either trolling or there is something much sadder going on. See ya.

She would not have simply thrown a few rolls of paper towels out then go play golf, that's for sure! Puerto Rico is slowly rebuilding. Mostly thanks to this corrupt administration. I think things still would be bad in Puerto Rico just not as bad as they are now and Hillary would have shown a lot more empathy.

sonicruiser

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:27 pm

If Trump didn't become President, Brexit would have looked so obviously stupid that no one would seriously consider it.

But when the most powerful country in the world can elect Trump, anything can happen and you started to have people that actually thought Brexit was a good idea. And Trump openly supported Brexit, Hillary would have never allowed it to happen. I have no clue if HRC would've been better or worse, but one thing's for sure, Brexit would never have happened.
Last edited by sonicruiser on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seb146

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:28 pm

sonicruiser wrote:
Trump's foreign policy is significantly better than HRC.

Go ask American farmers if they think the current foreign policy is better. They are losing money every day because of Chinese tariffs. Not to mention nuclear arsenal building in both Iran and DPRK and a build up of armed forces by Russia to take whatever former republics they want. Plus insurgencies in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Yes, so much better.

sonicruiser

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:30 pm

seb146 wrote:
Go ask American farmers if they think the current foreign policy is better. They are losing money every day because of Chinese tariffs. Not to mention nuclear arsenal building in both Iran and DPRK and a build up of armed forces by Russia to take whatever former republics they want. Plus insurgencies in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Yes, so much better.

Not saying it was right but for a very long time the world desperately needed a major global shakeup and HRC wasn't gonna cut it. Neither are any of the 2020 Democrats besides Bernie.

dfwjim1

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:39 pm

A lot has been written here but another thing that would be different is that an ex-president would be a resident of the White House and possibly pulling strings behind the scene.

casinterest

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:41 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:
A lot has been written here but another thing that would be different is that an ex-president would be a resident of the White House and possibly pulling strings behind the scene.

An impeached president for sure. Not to much different than what the current President will be when Ivanka runs right

:rotfl:
Where ever you go, there you are.

TTailedTiger

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:43 pm

sonicruiser wrote:
If Trump didn't become President, Brexit would have looked so obviously stupid that no one would seriously consider it.

But when the most powerful country in the world can elect Trump, anything can happen and you started to have people that actually thought Brexit was a good idea. And Trump openly supported Brexit, Hillary would have never allowed it to happen. I have no clue if HRC would've been better or worse, but one thing's for sure, Brexit would never have happened.

Allowed it? So it would have been ok for Hillary to meddle in another country's vote?

casinterest

Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:26 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

Allowed it? So it would have been ok for Hillary to meddle in another country's vote?

Have you not payed attention to Trump's involvement in Brexit or Israel, or Venezuela?

BN747

Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:42 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Pros:

Cons:

BN747

See ya'...I stopped taking un-Patriotic americans seriously as soon as they identified themselves.
Such people have demonstrated just how hard they'd fight to save the nation...in their case, not at all.

BN747

seb146

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:13 am

sonicruiser wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Not saying it was right but for a very long time the world desperately needed a major global shakeup and HRC wasn't gonna cut it. Neither are any of the 2020 Democrats besides Bernie.

Why does the world desperately need a major global shakeup? Things were going well for many nations. Maybe not DPRK or Russia but Iran and Cuba were doing well.

NIKV69

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:10 am

777222LR wrote:
Like her or not...

The country didn't like her.

afcjets wrote:
I think Hillary wants to run in 2020. Things are shaping up nicely for her.

:rotfl: Her career in politics ended election night 2016.
I am the Googlizer!!!

seb146

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:20 am

[code][/code]
NIKV69 wrote:
777222LR wrote:
Like her or not...

That's why 3,000,000 more people voted for her :roll:

And she is not running again. She is happy to have Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris as the next female president. Unlike the golfer in the White House and the MAGA minions, she knows this is 2019 going into 2020 and is living as such.

There is even a chance we will see the conservative nightmare of President Nancy Pelosi God willing

N14AZ

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:35 am

seb146 wrote:
Go ask American farmers if they think the current foreign policy is better. They are losing money every day because of Chinese tariffs.

Just out of curiosity - I thought there is a system in place to compensate these farmers for their losses?

seb146

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:51 am

N14AZ wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Go ask American farmers if they think the current foreign policy is better. They are losing money every day because of Chinese tariffs.

Just out of curiosity - I thought there is a system in place to compensate these farmers for their losses?

Welfare. Yes. Welfare is extended to the corporate farmers but not so much the family farmers. But, yes, farmers do get welfare.

BN747

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:54 am

seb146 wrote:
[code][/code]
NIKV69 wrote:
777222LR wrote:
Like her or not...

And she is not running again. She is happy to have Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris as the next female president. Unlike the golfer in the White House and the MAGA minions, she knows this is 2019 going into 2020 and is living as such.

There is even a chance we will see the conservative nightmare of President Nancy Pelosi God willing

That's astonishing not matter how much this guy is hit with that 3 million vote reminder...his brain displays difficulty counting that high or he just gets lost in the numbers
and acts as if it doesn't indicate a thing.

BN747

NIKV69

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:00 am

seb146 wrote:

California can elect their Governor they don't get to elect our president. That is why the electoral college is so great. It gives everyone a voice. Not just the fringe. As for your fantasy of Harris or Warren becoming president I am afraid you will be disappointed. At least this time you won't have to wait till the election they won't make it out of the primary.

BN747 wrote:
That's astonishing not matter how much this guy is hit with that 3 million vote reminder...his brain displays difficulty counting that high or he just gets lost in the numbers
and acts as if it doesn't indicate a thing.

BN747

Hit with what? Your Rachel Maddow soundbyte that Hillary is somehow the real president because she won the popular vote? It seems that it is your brain that is having difficulty accepting what happened oh wait you can always blame Russia for "interfering" and doing some sort of Jedi mind trick on all the voters to make them vote Trump. :sarcastic:
I am the Googlizer!!!

einsteinboricua

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:14 am

NIKV69 wrote:
That is why the electoral college is so great. It gives everyone a voice.

I'm sure MA, CA, and NY Republicans are thrilled at the prospect of having a voice in states where they are outnumbered and where Trump (and other Republican contenders) don't even bother to campaign. Nothing says "patriotism" like knowing the vote you're casting doesn't make a difference in the slightest in well over 3/4ths of the states in the Union.

extender

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:24 am

Thank God this is a pipe dream.

bgm

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:19 pm

extender wrote:
Thank God this is a pipe dream.

Sure beats the current shitshow that is a nightmare of epic proportions.
If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.

BN747

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Now he wants to arrest Adam Schiff
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump- ... -momentum/

..and I;m sure his fans here...think that's 'normal' behavior and of course, they support him no matter what.

BN747

extender

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Let's be honest, if Trump pulled a stunt of making up a speech that Schumer or Pelosi made, you would all have your knickers in knots and be asking for his crucifixion. Get over it already. We survived eight with Obama, you'll survive 8 with Trump.

Tugger

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:51 pm

We'd be dealing with the Trump News and Entertainment Network and the FOD that would pour from it. And once Trump leaves office it will be interesting to see if that does come to fruition.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

seb146

Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:32 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

California can elect their Governor they don't get to elect our president.

But you are happy with Ohio electing our president?

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:35 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

It doesn’t, not an issue. Because a state is reliably in one party or other doesn’t eliminate its importance to the outcome. See Michigan and Wisconsin in 2016.

Riddle me this. The Democratic candidates have all endorsed a number of platform positions that are well left of HRC in 2016. Among them:

Reparations to African-Americans for slavery
    Wealth taxes and increased income tax rates
    Free college tuition and write-offs of college debt
    Decriminalized unauthorized border crossings
    The Green New Deal

With Democratic control of the House, why hasn’t the Speaker put these up for a vote?

GF

casinterest

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:36 pm

extender wrote:
Let's be honest, if Trump pulled a stunt of making up a speech that Schumer or Pelosi made, you would all have your knickers in knots and be asking for his crucifixion. Get over it already. We survived eight with Obama, you'll survive 8 with Trump.

You don't realize that Trump has been making up speeches since 2015 based on false premises? You think we would be calling him a liar, and dishonorable in about every way if he was being truthful?

The denial runs deep in your circle .

casinterest

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:39 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

It doesn’t, not an issue. Because a state is reliably in one party or other doesn’t eliminate its importance to the outcome. See Michigan and Wisconsin in 2016.

Riddle me this. The Democratic candidates have all endorsed a number of platform positions that are well left of HRC in 2016. Among them:

Reparations to African-Americans for slavery
    Wealth taxes and increased income tax rates
    Free college tuition and write-offs of college debt
    Decriminalized unauthorized border crossings
    The Green New Deal

With Democratic control of the House, why hasn’t the Speaker put these up for a vote?

GF

The candidates haven't endorsed all of the,. Some think that their are good ideas in each of the issues you listed, and worthy of debate, but until the time comes, they won't be put up for a vote as they don't have a consensus. Just because blue pill pushers pay for the likes of fakes on right wing radio and TV to scream lies at their elderly and slow base, doesn't mean all of this is imminent.

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:44 pm

They Squad won’t even introduce bills on those positions, they won’t introduce bills for Medicare for All (try getting the UAW to support getting rid their health plans); an assault weapons ban or confiscation; decriminalized border crossings, higher taxes. They won’t introduce because Pelosi knows they don’t have even 30% support across the country and they’d kill the Democratic majority in the House.

casinterest

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:54 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
They Squad won’t even introduce bills on those positions, they won’t introduce bills for Medicare for All (try getting the UAW to support getting rid their health plans); an assault weapons ban or confiscation; decriminalized border crossings, higher taxes. They won’t introduce because Pelosi knows they don’t have even 30% support across the country and they’d kill the Democratic majority in the House.

Did you ever take that class called Civics on how laws are passed. Just because a few of the 535 members of congress have an idea, it doesn't mean it is taken up by all. But good job pushing that paranoia power paid for by the blue pill pushers, security companies, and gold buyers.