N757ST
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:41 pm

BN747 wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/us/botham-jean-neighbor-killed/index.html

More info...

The poor young man was shot in the mouth...and chest.

A message was delivered here.

Now, Amber Guyger's 'I walked into the wrong apartment' story looks shakey AF....what's missing here? A lot.

Like, she was not there accidentally, the jurors were correct...it was murder. But in the 1st degree!

Anyone 'feeling' a little jittery now about testifying against a cop (in America, that is) or 'braver' than yesterday?

BN747


Really? I think your making some pretty broad accusations there.
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:43 pm

sccutler wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
One has to wonder: had the situation been the other way (the black guy shooting the White cop as she entered HIS apartment), would he get only 10 years or would he be given the death penalty?



He is a Black Male and she is a White Female cop. What makes you think he would have even made it to booking, leave alone a trial?


Because Dallas police are professionals?

The Dallas PD is not some Jim Crow race-focused bunch of thugs; it is a diverse, well-trained force (albeit, woefully understaffed just now).


Care to re:Think convincing someone other than yourself of that?


BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:48 pm

N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/us/botham-jean-neighbor-killed/index.html

More info...

The poor young man was shot in the mouth...and chest.

A message was delivered here.

Now, Amber Guyger's 'I walked into the wrong apartment' story looks shakey AF....what's missing here? A lot.

Like, she was not there accidentally, the jurors were correct...it was murder. But in the 1st degree!

Anyone 'feeling' a little jittery now about testifying against a cop (in America, that is) or 'braver' than yesterday?

BN747


Really? I think your making some pretty broad accusations there.


That's because you believe our society of policing and administration of justice are what you see on tv/movies ...is exactly how reality unfolds.

Real life is nothing like that. That kid lived right across the hall from Bothem Jean...then moved away immediately after becoming a witness AND think YOU this just an odd coincidence?
There's no way to reason with minds completely unaware of how things really go down on the streets.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
N757ST
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:01 pm

BN747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/us/botham-jean-neighbor-killed/index.html

More info...

The poor young man was shot in the mouth...and chest.

A message was delivered here.

Now, Amber Guyger's 'I walked into the wrong apartment' story looks shakey AF....what's missing here? A lot.

Like, she was not there accidentally, the jurors were correct...it was murder. But in the 1st degree!

Anyone 'feeling' a little jittery now about testifying against a cop (in America, that is) or 'braver' than yesterday?

BN747


Really? I think your making some pretty broad accusations there.


That's because you believe our society of policing and administration of justice are what you see on tv/movies ...is exactly how reality unfolds.

Real life is nothing like that. That kid lived right across the hall from Bothem Jean...then moved away immediately after coming a witness AND think YOU this just an odd coincidence?
There's no way to reason with minds completely unaware of how things really go down on the streets.

BN747


Yeah, I’d say I have a pretty good idea about how policing works. I have 8 cops in my immediate family. And no, they aren’t the Dirty Harry types. Life on the streets and policing isn’t what you see in tv and the movies you know.

You should call the tip line, your knowledge of the streets and penchant to solve the case on pure conjecture are bound to be of service.
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:16 pm

N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

Really? I think your making some pretty broad accusations there.


That's because you believe our society of policing and administration of justice are what you see on tv/movies ...is exactly how reality unfolds.

Real life is nothing like that. That kid lived right across the hall from Bothem Jean...then moved away immediately after coming a witness AND think YOU this just an odd coincidence?
There's no way to reason with minds completely unaware of how things really go down on the streets.

BN747


Yeah, I’d say I have a pretty good idea about how policing works. I have 8 cops in my immediate family. And no, they aren’t the Dirty Harry types. Life on the streets and policing isn’t what you see in tv and the movies you know.

You should call the tip line, your knowledge of the streets and penchant to solve the case on pure conjecture are bound to be of service.


No you should just be aware of the fact that your having 8 cops in your family absolutely makes a you biased observer when in comes to contested police matters.

By you boasting that the way you just did, tells us you're very proud of that fact. And I bet you think those fine 8 cops have not seen quite a bit of shady conduct by fellow police officers...your 'I know better' attitude seals that argument.

With all your cop knowledge, do you even know where American police history has it's roots?

Any idea? Or you're just familiar with all the 'good cops' and the bad ones are just so rare...

The fact here is 'sexuality' plays a role here (but I'm sure you know all about the cops/sex/cheating/never lasting relationships dynamic) in all this.

We 'know' she had a sexual affair with a married cop (the guy who deleted all text msgs). Were there others? Do you know?

How did the cheated on wife feel about her husband's extramarital affairs playing out in public?
What about the possible other cheating cops who just saw their favorite piece of side action taken away from them because of 'this witness'...

Sex has been the center of disasters way bigger than this... all the way down to simplistic dive bar brawls. Men will KILL for sex..just ask an incel! The take in humans given aurity to be above it the law, that 'they are the law' and how they look down on those they know they screw over and get away scott free.

But of course, the 8 cops you know...they're all angels rescuing kittens and helping little ol' ladies to cross the street.

No, nothing you've said indicates you know anything about street life-view of cops and their reasons for seeing things in the manner that they do.

Now that you've demonstrated your 'cop understanding' how good are your perception gifts are with understanding those on the wrong end of bad policing....I'll wait.
And since you know 8 'good cops'...do you know any bad ones? Just one? No...none? That'd be some helpful cop insight you could provide instead of the standard blind endorsement.

Right now in Dallas, the word in communities of POC, is STFU if a cop is involved.

Ask your 8 cop pals.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
N757ST
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:53 pm

None of what you posted, you’re entire diatribe about sex etc, points to a cop killing this man. I flatly don’t care about about the streets views on cops with reference to this case. If a cop did it, he or she should absolutely be tried and convicted. All your “evidence” though is “the streets view is cops are bad”.

So you must be right, go grab some random cops and throw them in jail for the crime. You’re a regular Hardy boy detective bn747.
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:00 pm

N757ST wrote:
None of what you posted, you’re entire diatribe about sex etc, points to a cop killing this man. I flatly don’t care about about the streets views on cops with reference to this case. If a cop did it, he or she should absolutely be tried and convicted. All your “evidence” though is “the streets view is cops are bad”.

So you must be right, go grab some random cops and throw them in jail for the crime. You’re a regular Hardy boy detective bn747.


All that tells me about you is...you don't take public/police negative engagements seriously at all. Nada...!
Which does nothing to help improve the image of police which is needed at every turn.

Sorry the 'sex explanation' unnerved you, but sex played a vital role in this case...deserving as must attention as a look at and witness spoke, refused or were shooed away.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:13 pm

N757ST wrote:
None of what you posted, you’re entire diatribe about sex etc, points to a cop killing this man. I flatly don’t care about about the streets views on cops with reference to this case. If a cop did it, he or she should absolutely be tried and convicted. All your “evidence” though is “the streets view is cops are bad”.

So you must be right, go grab some random cops and throw them in jail for the crime. You’re a regular Hardy boy detective bn747.


Just explain how in your mind, how this makes any sense...any sense at all.

Clear your mind....okay, you're an innocent person, you know you are innocent.

You walk into your place...see a figure, draw your gun and shoot, shoot, shoot.

You turn on a light..and it's not your place.

You've just killed an innocent man... in his own home.

-What is now going through your mind????
How would a completely innocent mind react in said situation.

I already know how everyone here will answer that..but I want hear yours. Seriously.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
N757ST
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:19 pm

I was not defending her. She was a bad cop, and I would’ve sentenced her harsher after reading her social media comments. That’s all irrelevant when it comes to the witness that was gunned down. You’re essentially pinning it on cops based on your street views and conjecture. If it’s a job and they killed a witness then fry them, but I’ve seen zero evidence it’s a cop besides your opinion.
 
N757ST
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:23 pm

BN747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
None of what you posted, you’re entire diatribe about sex etc, points to a cop killing this man. I flatly don’t care about about the streets views on cops with reference to this case. If a cop did it, he or she should absolutely be tried and convicted. All your “evidence” though is “the streets view is cops are bad”.

So you must be right, go grab some random cops and throw them in jail for the crime. You’re a regular Hardy boy detective bn747.


All that tells me about you is...you don't take public/police negative engagements seriously at all. Nada...!
Which does nothing to help improve the image of police which is needed at every turn.

Sorry the 'sex explanation' unnerved you, but sex played a vital role in this case...deserving as must attention as a look at and witness spoke, refused or were shooed away.

BN747


The sex explanation certainly didn’t unnerve me, I just felt it was irrelevant.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20723
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:23 pm

N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I know I asked before but posted no link but how is this judge on the bench?

http://www.startribune.com/slain-man-s- ... 562039002/

The judge also came down off the bench and hugged a sobbing Guyger before she was led from the courtroom. In addition, the judge opened a Bible to a certain passage and gave it to her.

Religion has no place in legal matters. When a black man accidentally guns down a white woman and uses the same ignorance defense, clutching a Bible in the courtroom every day, he will be sentenced to life. No question.


Are you saying the judge was racist?

The judge was a blank woman.


Two separate thoughts. There is no reason for a judge presiding over a case to hand someone a Bible and talk about faith.

Second and completely different thought: when a black man shoots a white woman completely on accident, his faith will be completely ignored and he will receive a much harsher sentence.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
N757ST
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:24 pm

So again, you’re inferring this black female judge would cast down a harsher sentence on a black person because.... she s racist?
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:33 pm

N757ST wrote:
I was not defending her. She was a bad cop, and I would’ve sentenced her harsher after reading her social media comments. That’s all irrelevant when it comes to the witness that was gunned down. You’re essentially pinning it on cops based on your street views and conjecture. If it’s a job and they killed a witness then fry them, but I’ve seen zero evidence it’s a cop besides your opinion.



...and that's my point.

Can you see how nice, neat and wrapped your telling and viewing of events are presented?

It lacks the multiple levels detail, perspective that we ALL employ every second of our lives, every day..until we die.

These minute details determine our quest for clarity, truth which leads directly to faith in the very system we've created to in trust with the power to end or save at their discretion.

Without it..we are all blind lemmings with an aim to achieve nothing.

Over my near 20 years here I've made tons of enemies, still here, banned, long gone...but if I heard that any of them, even the ones who hate me the Most...if I heard they had sat down to enjoy a program and have ice cream and had their life taken away like this - it would disturb me. Because no one should go that way - esp. at the hands of someone trained to cope better in these scenarios than we are. Than we could ever be.

The details make the difference, the details matter.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:35 pm

N757ST wrote:
So again, you’re inferring this black female judge would cast down a harsher sentence on a black person because.... she s racist?


Boy, you showed just how clueless you are on issues of race with that one...you fell on a grenade, bro.

I thought Joe Biden was responding for a sec.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7599
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:36 pm

N757ST wrote:
So again, you’re inferring this black female judge would cast down a harsher sentence on a black person because.... she s racist?

It does bring about an interesting question: had this judge handed out a more harsher sentence (30 years; life...), would we likely be seeing commentary on how the judge has a racial bias?

Just like when federal judges rule on matter and they're immediately accused of partisan activists, it would not surprise me in the slightest if this judge had given the cop a more significant sentence and then hearing about how the judge must have a hatred against Whites and police in general. No side will ever be happy with a ruling.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:38 pm

As viewed thru a black perspective...

https://newsone.com/

The cover says it all...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
727LOVER
Topic Author
Posts: 8408
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:06 pm

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:25 pm

727LOVER wrote:


Scroll up the last 20 posts, bro...you're late to the convo.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
phatfarmlines
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:06 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:44 pm

BN747 wrote:


DIRECTFLT wrote:


You're both right. That was a mistake on my part. I misconstrued the existing body cam footage that was from the other responding officers and not Guyger's, so in the interest of keeping the facts straight, I've asked the admins to delete my post.
 
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12726
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Dieuwer wrote:


Even though I think the victims brothers hug was a huge moment and something this country desperately needed I didn't like the Judge doing it. Either way it was a moment that can only help in a climate where hate mongering and race hustlers are working overtime.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:04 pm

A judge should be above the parties and should NEVER show ANY favoritism of ANY kind towards either the defendant or the plaintiff.
If this happened in The Netherlands, the judge would have been sacked. Of course, the American Justice System is a total joke, but that is a discussion for another thread...
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:18 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:


Even though I think the victims brothers hug was a huge moment and something this country desperately needed I didn't like the Judge doing it. Either way it was a moment that can only help in a climate where hate mongering and race hustlers are working overtime.


If you like warm fuzzy pics/moments as you say...the you should 'act' on it!

You've done nothing but select 'nice blacks' (which all non-KKK/Nazi fans do) when choosing 'who they admire and who you believe promote harmony.

You think this way because you believe people will just suddenly 'wake up' one day and all get along because it's the right thing to do.

THAT...will never happen.

You started the NFL is back thread...
Kaepernicks actions (far more than riskier than anything you have ever done in your life) were to do what?
Is he a race baiter?
Have you trashed his call to the urgent attention needed to social injustice? Or have you posted here to show your support of him/his actions?
...you see, you don't even have to lift a finger, do any real work to help get to social harmony...but in what way have done anything to this end?

If you've done nothing but sit in a chair fawn and gush over these depictions of 'black subservience' is the best you have to offer....then you are contributing
nothing more than lip service to cause, a faint hope you wish to see without breaking a sweat on your part.

I know you worked hard to weekend to come up with that lame post above...but, c'mon...no one expected any kind of break thru from you on this front.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12726
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:35 pm

BN747 wrote:

'nice blacks'


Wow this is a stretch even by your standards.

BN747 wrote:

You started the NFL is back thread...


Which now you are twisting to mean something it's doesn't (shock)

BN747 wrote:


Is he a race baiter?



No he is someone who hates law enforcement who couldn't cut it in the NFL and then extorted the NFL into giving him money so he can live out the rest of his life spreading hate and division.

BN747 wrote:

I know you worked hard to weekend to come up with that lame post above...but, c'mon...no one expected any kind of break thru from you on this front.

BN747


We did expect this hateful post from you though. Which makes the victim's brother much better a person. It's easy to traffic in hate and division but much harder to actually see people though their own eyes and not what the media force feeds them.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:53 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

'nice blacks'


Wow this is a stretch even by your standards.


Why is it a stretch? You just highlighted 'in your own words', images you like to see...it's a thing, NIKV, a racist thing...but a thing nonetheless.

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:


Is he a race baiter?



No he is someone who hates law enforcement who couldn't cut it in the NFL and then extorted the NFL into giving him money so he can live out the rest of his life spreading hate and division.


So a silent protester who hates police who indiscriminately kills unarmed black, men, women and kids (causing other blacks to 'hate police) drives you to the point of describing this NFL protester as such.

Instead of showing your true colors as you just did...you should go down on the field and kneel with Kaepernick...you might learn something, er you 'will' learn something to lead you off the path of racial ignorance.

NIKV69 wrote:
We did expect this hateful post from you though. Which makes the victim's brother much better a person. It's easy to traffic in hate and division but much harder to actually see people though their own eyes and not what the media force feeds them.


Yeah, some advice you need to take to heart... because you are certainly not helping matters to result in the warm fuzzy reality you profess to desire.
You call me hating when in truth I'm merely pointing how you and others here who hate discussing, facing the realities of current hate buoyed by a racist past.

Here's what YOU need to ask yourself.. 'Why do I hate people who discuss and point out race problems'...

...answer, because it's hard for you to face the present knowing the past that it is attached to causing present behavior.

...but you just aren't capable ..and fawning over warm fuzzy of 'nice blacks' is the best course of action your brain can muster. It's just not something 'important enough' to you do something about ..in order to help get to the land of warm & fuzzy - which as it turns out, is not what you really want.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
sccutler
Posts: 5826
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2000 12:16 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:28 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
The sentence she received was, very technically, legally fair. But only because it was legally available. And there is no doubt that a Black Male, even the same civilian she killed, would not have been treated so leniently. Frankly, it is troubling how much the Guilty Verdict very likely resulted from the fact that this was one of the few cases where a relatively demographically diverse jury was made available. Apparently this is a thing that does not occur as regularly as one might imagine due to TX' rules on juror eligibility and the disproportionate rates minorities wind up with disqualifying CRs.


I believe your understanding of Texas' rules and practice on jury selection is incomplete; in practice, it is very difficult to tailor a jury through race-based strikes. The Dallas jury pool is very diverse, as is the makeup of Dallas County's judiciary.


DarkSnowyNight wrote:
sccutler wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:


He is a Black Male and she is a White Female cop. What makes you think he would have even made it to booking, leave alone a trial?


Because Dallas police are professionals?

The Dallas PD is not some Jim Crow race-focused bunch of thugs; it is a diverse, well-trained force (albeit, woefully understaffed just now).


Historical context counsels against assumptions like that.


It is not an assumption; it is an observation.

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
sccutler wrote:
As for the trial results, let me first drop back to the core reality, and that is that this entire thing is a tragedy for everyone involved


Is what people say when they are fine with something like this happening so long as the issue is quickly forgotten about.


If you can articulate the participants in this entire affair for whom "tragedy" is not a reasonable description, I'd love to hear it.

As for my perspective (since you apparently include me in the group who are "fine with something like this happening so long as the issue is quickly forgotten about"), let us be clear: there is nothing "fine" about the murder.

Such an odd thing to say.

(Did I get the quotes right? The old software handled those much better)
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 2315
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:31 pm

sccutler wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
The sentence she received was, very technically, legally fair. But only because it was legally available. And there is no doubt that a Black Male, even the same civilian she killed, would not have been treated so leniently. Frankly, it is troubling how much the Guilty Verdict very likely resulted from the fact that this was one of the few cases where a relatively demographically diverse jury was made available. Apparently this is a thing that does not occur as regularly as one might imagine due to TX' rules on juror eligibility and the disproportionate rates minorities wind up with disqualifying CRs.


I believe your understanding of Texas' rules and practice on jury selection is incomplete; in practice, it is very difficult to tailor a jury through race-based strikes. The Dallas jury pool is very diverse, as is the makeup of Dallas County's judiciary.


It is a reasonable finding that race based strikes can and do happen. But no, it really is down to the available pool. I understand that the Dallas based pool seems diverse if you are comparing it to, say Tyler or Lubbock. But as with most major metros, minorities --blacks in particular-- are disproportionately winnowed out. This happens as there is a outmoded practice of removing prospective jurors on the basis of prior convictions. Again, this is something that effects Blacks disproportionately.

Very likely, this was not a deliberately racist policy in most theoretical sense. However, we need to be careful with that, and not allow this to be cause for complacency. Where it becomes something that can be viewed as a racially divisive policy is the fact that there is no push to correct this.

Indeed, we have a situation where cognitive dissonance allows people to pretend it is somehow not an issue in play.

As it pertains to this matter in particular, the overwhelming odds are that a white jury would not have convicted her. Given the obvious malice in se nature of her actions, this should be deeply concerning to you. It is to me.



sccutler wrote:
If you can articulate the participants in this entire affair for whom "tragedy" is not a reasonable description, I'd love to hear it.

As for my perspective (since you apparently include me in the group who are "fine with something like this happening so long as the issue is quickly forgotten about"), let us be clear: there is nothing "fine" about the murder.

Such an odd thing to say.

(Did I get the quotes right? The old software handled those much better)


Your quotings are fine.

And this is not as odd a thing as you may think.

People having a conversation will tell you all manner of things about themselves and their outlooks, even if they offer no facts or details.

The term tragedy is very strongly passive to begin with. And when we assert that it applies to everybody involved, the violence of the event is diffused further still.
For the criminal involved, it obviously was no such thing for her; if it were, she would not have chosen to complete these actions.

Functionally, it is a term for insurance companies. It denotes a belief that a given event is accidental, and worse yet, unavoidable. This case is not only neither of those things, but the observable nature of that is quite frank.

Tragedies get some thoughts and prayers. Crimes and faults get effort at solving.

I do not tell you how to phrase things or even make suggestions. But there are certain drops that are actually very reliable channel markers where peoples' intentions and beliefs are concerned.

This is why I stay away from using terms like that in times like this. I am (perhaps dimly) aware that expressing my own belief that this woman is something this world can easily and happily live without is not exactly ambiguous. Indeed, it can be argued that my sentiments where she is concerned are judgmental as hell. This is fine since I feel it is better to come off like that than it is to pretend that she is not emblematic of a major problem this country is facing.


Constructions of thought matter, and I do get that no one is perfect in this regard. This is why up-thread I referred to someone as a racist --not for the first time-- because of how they articulated their favor for the issuance of forgiveness issued by the victim's younger brother. I do not, per se, disagree with the exact thought they are issuing. But how that thought was constructed was obviously and vibrantly angry as hell. And it was far too poorly assembled to be deliberately manipulative. So while I do believe that user's comment is sincere, it is also a strong rationalization for strongly contradictory outlooks.
I am good with standing by this because things said in that passive of a voice while simultaneously misusing strongly emotive terms is a tic that almost all strongly racist people also have.

Anyway, that was very long winded, and not as focused as I intended. But I did feel it was important to touch on why it was that I have taken the exceptions I did.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2008
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:38 pm

Dallas police announce suspects in murder of Joshua Brown, key witness in Amber Guyger trial

https://youtu.be/mMasaYIVs6M

We now know concerning the Murder of Joshua Brown that it:

1. Was not done by by the DPD

2. Was not done by racists or white nationalists or MAGA hat-wearing citizens

3. Was not done in connection with Joshua's testimony against Amber Guyger
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
727LOVER
Topic Author
Posts: 8408
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:20 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Dallas police announce suspects in murder of Joshua Brown, key witness in Amber Guyger trial

https://youtu.be/mMasaYIVs6M

We now know concerning the Murder of Joshua Brown that it:

1. Was not done by by the DPD

2. Was not done by racists or white nationalists or MAGA hat-wearing citizens

3. Was not done in connection with Joshua's testimony against Amber Guyger


This story doesn't smell right. Three people drove 3 hours for weed?
As one of the youtube comments said This story sounds like Epstein’s suicide story.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12726
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:54 pm

BN747 wrote:

Why is it a stretch? You just highlighted 'in your own words', images you like to see...it's a thing, NIKV, a racist thing...but a thing nonetheless.


I did no such thing it's something you invent as you go to fit your narrative.




BN747 wrote:

So a silent protester who hates police who indiscriminately kills unarmed black, men, women and kids (causing other blacks to 'hate police) drives you to the point of describing this NFL protester as such.

Instead of showing your true colors as you just did...you should go down on the field and kneel with Kaepernick...you might learn something, er you 'will' learn something to lead you off the path of racial ignorance.


No again you are way off. He chose to pick one bad cop and make it about all cops on the football field. All to gain fame and get a payday since he was never going to start at QB again,

BN747 wrote:
Yeah, some advice you need to take to heart... because you are certainly not helping matters to result in the warm fuzzy reality you profess to desire.
You call me hating when in truth I'm merely pointing how you and others here who hate discussing, facing the realities of current hate buoyed by a racist past.

Here's what YOU need to ask yourself.. 'Why do I hate people who discuss and point out race problems'...

...answer, because it's hard for you to face the present knowing the past that it is attached to causing present behavior.

...but you just aren't capable ..and fawning over warm fuzzy of 'nice blacks' is the best course of action your brain can muster. It's just not something 'important enough' to you do something about ..in order to help get to the land of warm & fuzzy - which as it turns out, is not what you really want.

BN747


So let me get this straight because of our past we can never get past racism and anytime a white person calls attention to a black person and white person having a moment that person is automatically racist?

I think you need a break from MSNBC. Try a week. It will help.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.
 
N583JB
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:33 pm

727LOVER wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Dallas police announce suspects in murder of Joshua Brown, key witness in Amber Guyger trial

https://youtu.be/mMasaYIVs6M

We now know concerning the Murder of Joshua Brown that it:

1. Was not done by by the DPD

2. Was not done by racists or white nationalists or MAGA hat-wearing citizens

3. Was not done in connection with Joshua's testimony against Amber Guyger


This story doesn't smell right. Three people drove 3 hours for weed?
As one of the youtube comments said This story sounds like Epstein’s suicide story.


One of the guys admitted to it. Brown also evidently shot someone, who was found in the hospital with gunshot wounds. He also posted on Facebook with stacks of cash and was shot previously at a night club. This isn't a vast conspiracy.
 
sccutler
Posts: 5826
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2000 12:16 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:36 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
sccutler wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
The sentence she received was, very technically, legally fair. But only because it was legally available. And there is no doubt that a Black Male, even the same civilian she killed, would not have been treated so leniently. Frankly, it is troubling how much the Guilty Verdict very likely resulted from the fact that this was one of the few cases where a relatively demographically diverse jury was made available. Apparently this is a thing that does not occur as regularly as one might imagine due to TX' rules on juror eligibility and the disproportionate rates minorities wind up with disqualifying CRs.


I believe your understanding of Texas' rules and practice on jury selection is incomplete; in practice, it is very difficult to tailor a jury through race-based strikes. The Dallas jury pool is very diverse, as is the makeup of Dallas County's judiciary.


It is a reasonable finding that race based strikes can and do happen. But no, it really is down to the available pool. I understand that the Dallas based pool seems diverse if you are comparing it to, say Tyler or Lubbock. But as with most major metros, minorities --blacks in particular-- are disproportionately winnowed out. This happens as there is a outmoded practice of removing prospective jurors on the basis of prior convictions. Again, this is something that effects Blacks disproportionately.

Very likely, this was not a deliberately racist policy in most theoretical sense. However, we need to be careful with that, and not allow this to be cause for complacency. Where it becomes something that can be viewed as a racially divisive policy is the fact that there is no push to correct this.

Indeed, we have a situation where cognitive dissonance allows people to pretend it is somehow not an issue in play.

As it pertains to this matter in particular, the overwhelming odds are that a white jury would not have convicted her. Given the obvious malice in se nature of her actions, this should be deeply concerning to you. It is to me.


Food for thought.

Having been to the Crowley Courthouse more times than I care to count (as both counsel and juror), I don't think we have a substantial under-representation of black people among prospective jurors. I can certainly tell you that the Dallas County bench are, collectively, very aware of the possibilities, and very aggressive in dealing with it. No defense lawyer who hopes to continue practicing in these courts will expect to use race-based strikes, and if they try, you can be certain to a fault that, if the judge doesn't slap them, the prosecution surely will.

But I'll tell you this much: while I was surprised by the murder convisction, I don't think there was a chance in hell of Guyger walking.


DarkSnowyNight wrote:
sccutler wrote:
If you can articulate the participants in this entire affair for whom "tragedy" is not a reasonable description, I'd love to hear it.

As for my perspective (since you apparently include me in the group who are "fine with something like this happening so long as the issue is quickly forgotten about"), let us be clear: there is nothing "fine" about the murder.

Such an odd thing to say.

(Did I get the quotes right? The old software handled those much better)


Your quotings are fine.

And this is not as odd a thing as you may think.

People having a conversation will tell you all manner of things about themselves and their outlooks, even if they offer no facts or details.

The term tragedy is very strongly passive to begin with. And when we assert that it applies to everybody involved, the violence of the event is diffused further still.
For the criminal involved, it obviously was no such thing for her; if it were, she would not have chosen to complete these actions.

Functionally, it is a term for insurance companies. It denotes a belief that a given event is accidental, and worse yet, unavoidable. This case is not only neither of those things, but the observable nature of that is quite frank.

Tragedies get some thoughts and prayers. Crimes and faults get effort at solving.

I do not tell you how to phrase things or even make suggestions. But there are certain drops that are actually very reliable channel markers where peoples' intentions and beliefs are concerned.

This is why I stay away from using terms like that in times like this. I am (perhaps dimly) aware that expressing my own belief that this woman is something this world can easily and happily live without is not exactly ambiguous. Indeed, it can be argued that my sentiments where she is concerned are judgmental as hell. This is fine since I feel it is better to come off like that than it is to pretend that she is not emblematic of a major problem this country is facing.


Constructions of thought matter, and I do get that no one is perfect in this regard. This is why up-thread I referred to someone as a racist --not for the first time-- because of how they articulated their favor for the issuance of forgiveness issued by the victim's younger brother. I do not, per se, disagree with the exact thought they are issuing. But how that thought was constructed was obviously and vibrantly angry as hell. And it was far too poorly assembled to be deliberately manipulative. So while I do believe that user's comment is sincere, it is also a strong rationalization for strongly contradictory outlooks.
I am good with standing by this because things said in that passive of a voice while simultaneously misusing strongly emotive terms is a tic that almost all strongly racist people also have.

Anyway, that was very long winded, and not as focused as I intended. But I did feel it was important to touch on why it was that I have taken the exceptions I did.


I guess there are people who try to substitute expressions of dismay for action, but I don't know any of them. This set of facts stood out in stark relief - there is no safe haven for a cogent observer to occupy from which they could conclude anything good - or forgivable - had occurred.

It is still a tragedy - and nothing in that expression implies or conveys any diminished responsibility for the killer.

---

Now. The murder of the key witness has triggered the highest level of spidey-sense. I don't much believe in coincidences.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:21 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Why is it a stretch? You just highlighted 'in your own words', images you like to see...it's a thing, NIKV, a racist thing...but a thing nonetheless.


I did no such thing it's something you invent as you go to fit your narrative.


I invented nothing...here is your mouth busy 'inventing' exactly what I said above....

NIKV69 wrote:
What a moment and it's gives me hope we have a chance as a society. Her brother could have took the route many in this thread has but he didn't.


You are commenting on the imagery of the young brother...that's You, NIKV.

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

So a silent protester who hates police who indiscriminately kills unarmed black, men, women and kids (causing other blacks to 'hate police) drives you to the point of describing this NFL protester as such.

Instead of showing your true colors as you just did...you should go down on the field and kneel with Kaepernick...you might learn something, er you 'will' learn something to lead you off the path of racial ignorance.


No again you are way off. He chose to pick one bad cop and make it about all cops on the football field. All to gain fame and get a payday since he was never going to start at QB again,



He picked out 'one cop'...what kind of stupid 4th grade comment is that?

Hey chose the most recent police injustice at that moment to call attention to the string of bad cop/minority offenses occurring up to that point. The man made his protest about ALL unjust law enforcement incidents in the past few years...NOT just stadium cops! Where'd you pull that from? If it was just stadium cops...the NFL would have quashed that instantly.

To gain 'fame'??? Mooch that one off a 3rd grader???
Kaepernick signed a six-year contract extension with the 49ers, worth up to $126 million, including $54 million in potential guarantees, and $13 million fully guaranteed.

That will get you fame! And anyone not agreeing that $126 million is 'a payday'..is just plain insane.



NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Yeah, some advice you need to take to heart... because you are certainly not helping matters to result in the warm fuzzy reality you profess to desire.
You call me hating when in truth I'm merely pointing how you and others here who hate discussing, facing the realities of current hate buoyed by a racist past.

Here's what YOU need to ask yourself.. 'Why do I hate people who discuss and point out race problems'...

...answer, because it's hard for you to face the present knowing the past that it is attached to causing present behavior.

...but you just aren't capable ..and fawning over warm fuzzy of 'nice blacks' is the best course of action your brain can muster. It's just not something 'important enough' to you do something about ..in order to help get to the land of warm & fuzzy - which as it turns out, is not what you really want.

BN747


NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
So let me get this straight because of our past we can never get past racism and anytime a white person calls attention to a black person and white person having a moment that person is automatically racist?


The country can't get past race because the likes of you keep dismissing, disenfranching, discounting, degrading and discriminating black progress, black causes, black lives.
People like you are the old guard to keep change from taking place.
If you are like this in 2019 (and you are) , were you around in 1965, with your mindset as it is today..you would have been easy peg your feelings/thoughts on race back then...and you era and you would NOT have been seen (or heard) siding with those fighting for equality. Your thoughts today, retrograded back 50 years would have landed right with the worst Americans of that day. The ones who today are seen standing on the Wrong side of History. And your legacy 20-40 years now will be right up there again...on the wrong side of history.

You can change that if your brain allowed it...but it's comfortable in the gear that it's stuck in now.

NIKV69 wrote:
I think you need a break from MSNBC. Try a week. It will help.


You need to work on your 'thinking' capabilities instead of trying to make a suggestion of what I should watch since you can't even be up to speed on TRUE NFL happenings surrounding controversial players -in a particular interest (NFL) of yours.

Try learning American History, ALL of American history...not just the white version of American history.

That certainly will help you...that is if your brain can process it, but given how disastrously you (a NFL fan) explained the Kaepernick case, I don't see room for any kind of help.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12726
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:18 am

BN747 wrote:
Kaepernick signed a six-year contract extension with the 49ers, worth up to $126 million, including $54 million in potential guarantees, and $13 million fully guaranteed.

That will get you fame! And anyone not agreeing that $126 million is 'a payday'..is just plain insane.



You conveniently left out they restructured this contract extension two years later turning it into a two year deal and wiping out the guarantee. He opted out and didn't get anywhere near the 126 Million, then thought he would get signed as a free agent with another team which of course there wasn't many teams wanting to pay millions to a bench warming back up that couldn't play back to his earlier form.

So what to do when your cop hating agenda backfires on you and you have no skills to be a starting QB in the NFL? Bring a lawsuit! So he extorted the NFL. So as we can see you can keep going ahead and breaking the forum rules and attacking me personally and my weak mind but in reality we see what really happened. It's ok you can keep being a Colin Kaepernick cheerleader rah rah rah and someone who loathes law enforcement as some sort of racist out of control bunch of KKK hood wearing bigots but the truth is far different and much easier to see. You just have to stop listening to Joy Reid and start thinking for yourself.

Give it a try.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:10 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Kaepernick signed a six-year contract extension with the 49ers, worth up to $126 million, including $54 million in potential guarantees, and $13 million fully guaranteed.

That will get you fame! And anyone not agreeing that $126 million is 'a payday'..is just plain insane.



You conveniently left out they restructured this contract extension two years later turning it into a two year deal and wiping out the guarantee. He opted out and didn't get anywhere near the 126 Million, then thought he would get signed as a free agent with another team which of course there wasn't many teams wanting to pay millions to a bench warming back up that couldn't play back to his earlier form.

So what to do when your cop hating agenda backfires on you and you have no skills to be a starting QB in the NFL? Bring a lawsuit! So he extorted the NFL. So as we can see you can keep going ahead and breaking the forum rules and attacking me personally and my weak mind but in reality we see what really happened. It's ok you can keep being a Colin Kaepernick cheerleader rah rah rah and someone who loathes law enforcement as some sort of racist out of control bunch of KKK hood wearing bigots but the truth is far different and much easier to see. You just have to stop listening to Joy Reid and start thinking for yourself.

Give it a try.


Dude, wtf is wrong with you? How in the hell do you know what is going thru Kaepernicks mind as far as negotiations are concerned? You stating what he's thinking, what he thought, etc?

You have no idea what was on his mind.

I noticed all these details from a fan standpoint...but zero on what he put it all on the line for ...Racial Injustice. You left that alone because you, like most conservatives know squat about sacrifice.
And because it centers on race..it is best you steered clear of that because young teenagers are far more equipped than you to discuss such matters.

You see, with this statement..

"someone who loathes law enforcement as some sort of racist out of control bunch of KKK hood wearing bigots but the truth is far different an"

Your brain lacks a filter that allows common sense to kick in.

No wonder you are a huge fan of the country's ignorant, lying, grifting, despicable immoral president...he has no common sense either.

You can't find me stating 'someone who loathes law enforcement as some sort of racist out of control bunch of KKK hood wearing bigots but the truth is far different "..but you will find me trash the hell out of 'bad cops'. But NOT you...it's ALL good in your world (and mind...it's complainers of bad cop behavior that irks you and somehow is mistranslated into ALL cops) and that's all you (and people like you need - the complainers to disappear or shut up). It's why you will forever remain on the wrong side of History. It's too late to change those brain cells for smarter ones.

Your hatred on the minds of people like Joy Reid, Rachel Maddow (people out to improve American society by push for a more just America) it tells all..just how uniquely racist you shall remain.

I'd tell you to listen...but clearly your 'old world' views of society would be sorely offended. Can't say 'Give that a Try'...because you're already in Epic Territory as far as being on the Right side of History.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 2315
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:39 am

NIKV69 wrote:
So let me get this straight because of our past we can never get past racism and anytime a white person calls attention to a black person and white person having a moment that person is automatically racist?



The past is always present. For Blacks in America, this is something that continues to have significant effects that you chose to remain unaware of.
This is fine, but it does not give you any sort of pass.

If you choose not to pay your taxes for years, this does not make you financially prudent because you find yourself some spare cash. This is the same.

Clearly, you do not know this. Yet you choose to invent a different narrative.

sccutler wrote:
Food for thought.

Having been to the Crowley Courthouse more times than I care to count (as both counsel and juror), I don't think we have a substantial under-representation of black people among prospective jurors. I can certainly tell you that the Dallas County bench are, collectively, very aware of the possibilities, and very aggressive in dealing with it. No defense lawyer who hopes to continue practicing in these courts will expect to use race-based strikes, and if they try, you can be certain to a fault that, if the judge doesn't slap them, the prosecution surely will.

But I'll tell you this much: while I was surprised by the murder convisction, I don't think there was a chance in hell of Guyger walking.


I would have placed a wager in favor of Manslaughter. While Murder is certainly more appropriate and accurate, I thought her defense did an adequate job of painting her as a startled half-wit. If not for the facts not lining up in her favor, she would have been believable. Enough for reasonable doubt on Murder at any rate. . .

In any case, I see what you are saying.

My only two occurrences of sitting on jury in Dallas County definitely support the point I was previously making.

But I also have no trouble believing a Bench takes these matters seriously.


sccutler wrote:
I guess there are people who try to substitute expressions of dismay for action, but I don't know any of them. This set of facts stood out in stark relief - there is no safe haven for a cogent observer to occupy from which they could conclude anything good - or forgivable - had occurred.

It is still a tragedy - and nothing in that expression implies or conveys any diminished responsibility for the killer.


I am fine with a difference of interpretation.

I do agree on the facts of this case.


sccutler wrote:
Now. The murder of the key witness has triggered the highest level of spidey-sense. I don't much believe in coincidences.


Indeed. I am not a fan of coincidence either. But without more facts, I would have been unable to speculate more competently.

As I said up-thread, one of the difficulties with that is that Amber Guygher is a very low value individual. While she will undoubtedly receive the same attention that someone like Jodi Arias gets from her weird fools/fans, that probably would not have happened fast enough to apply here.

It is unlikely there is anyone she knows presently who would be willing to do this over her.

But then. . .
The facts leaking out about this also paint a near hilariously mis-motivated crime.

I also now think there is definitely something awry about this case and I am not confident one hundred percent of the facts involved will ever be known.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."
 
sccutler
Posts: 5826
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2000 12:16 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:26 pm

By the way, forgot to say this: a jury can become a remarkable organism, and I can rarely challenge their conclusions, especially when I did not hear the evidence. They delivered a “murder” verdict, after a well-conducted trial before a judge determined to do it right.

Murder, it is, says I.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...
 
N757ST
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:49 pm

So the witness was killed in a drug deal gone bad, and not by the cops.

Unless of course it’s all a giant coverup and conspiracy........... right BN.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12726
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:09 pm

BN747 wrote:


Dude, wtf is wrong with you? How in the hell do you know what is going thru Kaepernicks mind as far as negotiations are concerned? You stating what he's thinking, what he thought, etc?


BN747


Uh oh someone is real testy now. Look the guy was washed up. No contract, nobody calling and outside of football he doesn't have much opportunity. So of course he had to bring the attention back to himself and then go the lawsuit route. It's so predictable. Don't need to know what he was thinking, his actions spoke for themselves. I am sorry I debunked your theory of some NFL star giving up millions for his cause. If you are looking for a NFL player who gave up a lot of money to sacrifice himself I suggest you write an essay on Pat Tillman. He fits the mold of sacrifice a heck of a lot more than Kaepernick.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:45 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:


Dude, wtf is wrong with you? How in the hell do you know what is going thru Kaepernicks mind as far as negotiations are concerned? You stating what he's thinking, what he thought, etc?


BN747


Uh oh someone is real testy now. Look the guy was washed up. No contract, nobody calling and outside of football he doesn't have much opportunity. So of course he had to bring the attention back to himself and then go the lawsuit route. It's so predictable. Don't need to know what he was thinking, his actions spoke for themselves. I am sorry I debunked your theory of some NFL star giving up millions for his cause. If you are looking for a NFL player who gave up a lot of money to sacrifice himself I suggest you write an essay on Pat Tillman. He fits the mold of sacrifice a heck of a lot more than Kaepernick.


First off there is no question Kaepernick is easily better than most starters right now. Certainly the back ups.

There are no calls because politically, it's suicide. You lacking business acumen and blinded by racist visions prevents you from understanding the big picture,

So that a child can understand it, I'll put it this way - Nat Turner was a rebellious slave, he had to be killed because allowed to survive would signal the end of slave ignorance (keeping them divided and from unifying to rebel against whites).

Kaepernick is a threat. With the majority of NFL players being black, a rebel reintroduced into the league could launch a unity measure that cannot be undone. He is a symbolic Nat Turner , he has already made waves and left a mark .. that it is impacting the minds of many players..it will only grow, not go quietly into the night.

You don't think nearly ALL NFL players are watching 'Ballers'??? It is the ONLY televised entertainment featuring their life, telling their stories while 'clueing them in on how management works with unprecedented accuracy.

They, like cops who love their cop shows, firefighters watching 9-1-1, people like seeing their trade 'Hollywood-ized' no matter what their profession.

Pat Tillman?

Don't even go there with telling only half the story. He made the ultimate Patriotic sacrifice! But then when his family called on the entire Bush Administration and hauled them ALL before Congress - American patriotism was body slammed after they served up only dilatory excuses...and they knew right then they were being bullshitted, but they took the fight to them stopping only at the WH door. Farther than any American ever did on their own dime.

So yeah, if you're going go 'Pat Tillman' don't pulled the typical conservative/republican flimflam con of telling 'the good' parts leaving out the bad...as you people do with the Bible.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
Jetty
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:19 am

Redd wrote:
Redd wrote:
Now let's see if she gets off with a light sentence because she's a woman.



I'd like to quote myself here just to underline the huge sentencing disparity between men and women for the same crime. 10 years, will probably serve less than 5. It's an insult to the family of the murdered man and to justice itself.

So if you have a vagina, go ahead and murder someone. You'll get off with a slap on the wrist. Pathetic, completely pathetic.

Wrong. A black and Muslim Minnesota cop that shot a woman with with no reasonable justification whatsoever was found guilty of murder and received a similar sentence. https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/07/us/minne ... index.html
 
Jetty
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:27 am

BN747 wrote:
An innocent white woman killed by 'black cop' (which still has yet to happen).

You shouldn’t make everything about race. And explain me how Justine Ruszczyk was guilty of anything please. You don’t even care you have to ignore her death when you concoct facts that suit your narrative.
 
Redd
Posts: 1029
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:43 am

Jetty wrote:
Redd wrote:
Redd wrote:
Now let's see if she gets off with a light sentence because she's a woman.



I'd like to quote myself here just to underline the huge sentencing disparity between men and women for the same crime. 10 years, will probably serve less than 5. It's an insult to the family of the murdered man and to justice itself.

So if you have a vagina, go ahead and murder someone. You'll get off with a slap on the wrist. Pathetic, completely pathetic.

Wrong. A black and Muslim Minnesota cop that shot a woman with with no reasonable justification whatsoever was found guilty of murder and received a similar sentence. https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/07/us/minne ... index.html


So what you're saying is, that one example nulls and voids decades of statistics and tens of thousands of examples which had fed those said statistics? Good luck with that attitude, facts don't matter huh?
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:32 pm

Jetty wrote:
BN747 wrote:
An innocent white woman killed by 'black cop' (which still has yet to happen).

You shouldn’t make everything about race. And explain me how Justine Ruszczyk was guilty of anything please. You don’t even care you have to ignore her death when you concoct facts that suit your narrative.



And should learn MORE about race to avoid looking silly when 'pointing' out what you think is equal situation.

This thread is about a cop shooting the white woman calling the cops for assistance and ends up losing her life in what appears a confusing situation. You act as if centuries filled with stories bad black cops gunning down innocent whites is equal to bad white cops gunning down innocent blacks. Which everyone but you and few stragglers here who hate that particular section of American history. I hope you certainly do not walk around in public settings 'telling' people 'they talk about race too much or in everything'..that statement tells those in earshot -"that guy has a problem with race issues". Now clearly in your mind, after that statement...I have the problem - because I speak of it where it plays a role.

I didn't make race the issue, the skin color of the victim and participants are and become instant focal points to 'how treatment or handling' of certain people as like people are watching and forming options and you think you sit in a place where you can judge/decide who can should or how much they can discuss or they should discuss pertinent issues. I get your are throwing your opinion at me on how you feel ...and that's 'nice', but have some understanding of your own about such matters based in personal experiences...which you clearly do not (your statement highlights that fact).

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
Jetty
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:52 pm

BN747 wrote:
avoid looking silly when 'pointing' out what you think is equal situation.

I didn't even say it was an equal situation; I just went with your statement that an innocent white woman being killed by a black cop is something that yet has to happen.

BN747 wrote:
An innocent white woman killed by 'black cop' (which still has yet to happen).

I'll ask my question more clearly. Why didn't it already? Was Mohammed Noor not a black cop? Was Justine Ruszczyk not a white woman? Was Justine not innocent?

I hope you certainly do not walk around in public settings 'telling' people 'they talk about race too much or in everything'..that statement tells those in earshot -"that guy has a problem with race issues".

Where I'm from (it is not the USA) I luckily would have no problem telling that. And the good thing is I don't even have to do it because the people here aren't as obsessed with race.
 
BN747
Posts: 6790
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:36 pm

Jetty wrote:
BN747 wrote:
avoid looking silly when 'pointing' out what you think is equal situation.

I didn't even say it was an equal situation; I just went with your statement that an innocent white woman being killed by a black cop is something that yet has to happen.

BN747 wrote:
An innocent white woman killed by 'black cop' (which still has yet to happen).

I'll ask my question more clearly. Why didn't it already? Was Mohammed Noor not a black cop? Was Justine Ruszczyk not a white woman? Was Justine not innocent?


In America, the race far more dynamic than meets the eye. It also is dealt with (usually quite a clumsy fashion).. Mohammed Noor was an Arab cop, yes he had dark skin but is not a home grown American black. That is perceived quite differently here and where you made the error is assuming 'his appearance lumps him in with 'blacks in America'.



Jetty wrote:
BN747 wrote:
hope you certainly do not walk around in public settings 'telling' people 'they talk about race too much or in everything'..that statement tells those in earshot -"that guy has a problem with race issues".

Where I'm from (it is not the USA) I luckily would have no problem telling that. And the good thing is I don't even have to do it because the people here aren't as obsessed with race.


Well that says everything, you're not from here so you are commenting a centuries old problem with little understanding of 'the build up' to where we are today.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
CaptHadley
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:22 am

Wait, I thought this killing was a secret cop assassination squad hell bent on revenge? Wonder if there will be a rebuttal from anyone? Maybe?
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/08/76833387 ... 0936718644
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:43 am

CaptHadley wrote:
Wait, I thought this killing was a secret cop assassination squad hell bent on revenge? Wonder if there will be a rebuttal from anyone? Maybe?
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/08/76833387 ... 0936718644


It proves nothing. I bet you support that cop in Florida who planted evidence on 54 people.
 
N583JB
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:35 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
Wait, I thought this killing was a secret cop assassination squad hell bent on revenge? Wonder if there will be a rebuttal from anyone? Maybe?
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/08/76833387 ... 0936718644


It proves nothing. I bet you support that cop in Florida who planted evidence on 54 people.


It proves that society loves to rush to judgement and rush to outrage when they think their "side" has been wronged. Facts don't seem to matter anymore.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BN747 and 50 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos